NATION

PASSWORD

Paragon Industries (OOC - Comedy / Tech / Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Paragon Industries (OOC - Comedy / Tech / Dead)

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:52 am

Paragon Industries

A Comedy RP reboot - OP Talchyon
(with thanks to Doughertania for the idea)

(Paragon Industries' version of cutting edge technology)

OOC page. IC page is loading... loading... still loading... now opening! Welcome to the IC page with one click

(To see the old OOC and old IC pages, click on the links. This is what NS RPs used to be able to do artistically, before the rule that art could only come from Imgur)

A Quick Aside

Hey guys! Talc here with a reboot of a great RP for you to enjoy. Paragon Industries was an RP originally created by Doughertania that ran several years back, that was a lot of fun. What is Paragon Industries? Think of a mix between Tony Stark's lab from the Avengers, the tv show Eureka, with the fun of my former RP, The Infinites. This is a comedy with lots of ways to have fun, a lot of new and crazy advanced tech to explore, and a lot of ways for things to go seriously wrong in the process. Going to be mostly sandbox but with some railroad elements. Welcoming all levels of players!

Introduction

James Bond. Iron Man. S.H.I.E.L.D. Even Ant Man. All of these have cool, high tech gadgets and a sweet base. There's a reason movies with high tech heroes are well-liked. Now, imagine some less-than cutting edge tech, made by a once-great company now run by a washed-up owner with a bunch of kooks, rejects and psychos working at the place, and you get Paragon Industries. Now run by the slightly-lazy Vanessa Carlyle in her rundown home, it's a dilapidated compound whose glory days are in the past. But you're not much better. Cause seriously, if you were, you would've joined up with almost anyone else. But thanks to some flaw of yours, you're down on your luck and have no better options. But what do you got to lose, right?

So that's it. This is a sci-fi (but not a space) RP. This is about the people who work in this joke of company that once was great. You can be basically anything or anyone you want, so long as you can explain how you'd fit into the setting. The more important thing is that you're playing a bit of joke. Maybe you got the skills, but you're too much of a loose cannon to cut it anywhere else. Maybe you're overeager but don't have the skills to match. You could be the robot that tries to romantically hit on all of the photocopiers, the lawyer who finds every loophole and takes bribes from everyone and anyone, the sociopathic person who is the first person seen when people enter the business. Whoever you are, Paragon Industries is made up of countless people like you.

The RP will be semi-sandbox. Eventually, players may get to take turns controlling arcs down the line, that is, if we have different arcs and they want to control them. If this happens, we'll figure it out when we get there. However, what Paragon Industries does is really up to the players. Ms. Carlyle just cares about paying the bills, so as such will take contracts from scientific research opportunities to armed assaults.

Lore and Places

The city of Caerus is a thriving metropolis located on the eastern seaboard of the US. Well, thriving is a relative term. The city is a hub for scientific research and invention, and home to many of America's rich and famous, including international tech giant Pinnacle Tech. But the divide between the powerful and poor is a vast one, as visible and apparent as the glittering skyscrapers that crowd Caerus's skyline. Most of those below work in factories or are employed by the Fellini Crime family, leaders of a vast criminal empire. The CCPD do what they can to keep the peace, but between their auxiliary force and the Mayor's pact the Fellinis, they've got a heck of a job. Given all that, it's easy to see why the globe-spanning PMC Apex has it's headquarters here; so many eager paying customers.

And caught in the middle of this twisted web? That'd be Paragon Industries, the fallen giant and your new home!

A typical Apex Beastmaster

Faction name: Apex

Brief History: One of the world's largest private military company's, the headquarters of Apex's North America branch is located in Caerus. Apex is well known throughout the city, often contracted to train or supplement security personnel of the rich and powerful. They are widely regarded as the best help money can buy, and for good reason. Apex always follow the contract to the letter, reimbursing the client if the objectives were not achieved. Even the most basic Apex hireling is at least as skilled as a veteran CCPD officer, often because disgruntled members of the police force join up with Apex for better pay. They are also outfitted well, with the higher tier members often equipped with Pinnacle Tech weapons and armor.

Apex hierarchy is separated into four tiers. The Huntsmen and Huntresses make up most of Apex's rank and file. These are the grunts, the pilots, the mechanics and the like, receiving a fair amount of training and given military grade hardware. Some of the more experienced soldiers can become Beastmasters. Paired either with a drone or power armor with an AI companion, Beastmasters often act as squad leaders for Apex security details.

If a Beastmaster or Huntsman distinguish themselves on the field of honor, they receive the rank of Predators. Predators are the elite members of Apex, acting as bodyguards, assassins or infiltrators for high-value targets. Finally, there are the Alpha's. Chosen for their tactical genius or skill on the battlefield, they act as the generals of Apex. To hire an Alpha is prohibitively expensive and up to the Alpha to dean the task worthy of his/her skill. But if it's taken, then you can consider the task as good as done.

What does any of this have to do with Paragon Industries? They need suppliers. They need cool new gadgets. And they can pay a lot of money to get them. Vanessa Carlyle would do a lot of things to wind up with a contract for Apex.

CCPD's finest

Faction name: Caerus City Police Department

Brief History: Between to a sprawling city to protect and a meager budget to protect it with, the Caerus City Police Department has their work cut out for them. The CCPD is formed by four main branches. The first two receive the majority of the force, with fairly standard police and SWAT branches that receive a majority of the funds. The third branch is made up of the Academy of Law Enforcement, which is in charge of recruitment and training.

The final branch is a little more unorthodox. You see, Caerus City is a big place, and the mayor has a priority to keep his friends and campaign donors safe. So the wealthy aristocrats, corporations, and government buildings get the bulk of the force. So who polices the slums? That would be the Caerus City Auxiliary Force, or as their more commonly referred to as "Booker's Band." Lead by Samuel Booker, an ex-gang leader with an axe to grind with Giovani Fellini, the CCAF is made up thugs and ex-gangsters, most of whom are at odds with Fellini. Most join for the relative safety they get from Fellini, others to get armed and trained to do what they already wanted to do: hurt the crime family anyway they can. The CCAF isn't a perfect force by any means, but they keep any illicit activities far enough away from the Mayor for him to care, and keep it low enough for the Police Commissioner to crack down on them. Let's just say, your boss CEO Vanessa Carlyle may or may not have some contracts for work to supply this low-life and low-funded vigilante group.

Because your boss, CEO Vanessa Carlyle would do a lot of things to get an Apex contract, let's just say the police may already have a file on her for being a suspicious type of person. You don't want the Caerus City Police Department poking around Paragon Industries, do you? (Well maybe you do, but Vanessa doesn't. Not that she has anything criminal happening... which, of course, depends on your definition of 'crime.') But it isn't good for business to have the police slowing up an already slow production cycle.

Giovanni Fellini looking sharp.

Faction name: Fellini Crime Family

Brief History: The Fellini's weren't always the premier crime family in the city. At first there around a hundred different gangs spread throughout the city, all vying for power and territory. Then along came Giovanni, a leader of one of the local gangs, filled to the brim with ambition. Through cunning and ruthless force, the hundred became one. Or at least, that's how Fellini like to see it. In reality, his criminal empire is set up almost like a vassal system. The gangs that still exist after his rise to power, usually as a result of allying themselves with him early, are mostly given free reign, so long as they provide him with a cut of their haul. If they refuse or try to sell him short, they end up left as an example to the others, either by a surprise police raid or sudden hit by Fellini's enforcers.

A couple things have helped keep Fellini in power this long. For one, Fellini's original gang, now serving as enforcers, are among the most deadly people in the city. Many a usurper have set assassin into Fellini's inner sanctum, only to end up skewered or shot before they made it ten feet from the door. The other is his deal with the government. Both he and the mayor know that if the police were to really make the city crime free, it'd start a war that leave it clean but crippled. Instead, they reached an agreement. Fellini would prevent his men from hitting any campaign backers or the government, and the police would look the other way when needed.

What do the Fellini's have to do with Paragon Industries? Maybe nothing. Maybe this is just background. Or maybe not.

Paragon CEO and your boss, Vanessa Carlyle

Faction name: Paragon Industries

Brief History: The Carlyle's and Paragon Industries have been part of the city for as long anyone can remember. They were legitimate businessmen and women who specialized in robots, specifically cybernetics and power armor. Vanessa, the eldest of the two Carlyle daughters, inherited the business when her parents passed. There's only one problem: Vanessa is super lazy. She simply basked in her inheritance, and the company stagnated as a result. Fed up with her sister's slothfulness, Carlotta Carlyle founded her own business, Pinnacle Tech. In a series of mutinies, takeovers, and buy outs, Pinnacle Tech took over as the cities premier corporation. And Vanessa was left with only the building the Carlyle's had called home for decades. Even she's not that heartless to sell that to her sister.

Vanessa was too lazy to do anything while she had the resources and help to make something of the company, and by the time she finally was roused to do something it was too late to do anything meaningful. The compound still makes cybernetics, but it's just stuff her family had invented before. To make more money, Vanessa has concocted several get rich quick schemes, this one being the most recent. She figures that if she can give enough nobodies a second chance, she can either turn in the profits, or at the very least their life insurance checks.

The Carlyle compound acts as the base of operations for Paragon Industries. It has several features of note, including a factory, a laboratory, several rooms for storage and testing, an armory, a medical clinic (trust me, you don't want to end up here) and various amenities for those who work here. All of the technology and equipment is cutting edge…at least it was for when Vanessa's father was alive. So it's about ten years old, with most of it in disrepair aside from the factory, which is in surprisingly good condition considering she's never done anything to it, and the living/reception areas, which she keeps clean for appearances and her own comfort.

Pinnacle Tech's main headquarters

Faction name: Pinnacle Tech

Brief History: The most influential organization and what many consider the spiritual successor of Paragon Industries, Pinnacle Tech has done surprisingly well for itself, considering it's young age. When Carlotta Carlyle finally had enough of her sister's careless treatment of the corporate empire their family had built, she left, unsure of what would happen next. To her surprise, the fracturing of the Carlyle's sparked a mass exodus for most of the key members of Paragon, giving her the legal expertise she needed to win most of the company in the ensuing split. What she didn't win from the court case, she either expanded on her own or bought from Vanessa whenever she was broke. As a result, step anywhere in Caerus and throw a rock, and you probably hit a piece of Pinnacle's empire.

Pinnacle deals in almost anything you can think of: robotics, AI, appliances, hover vehicles, weapons, and energy, just to name a few. They've got several research and development buildings, working on the next scientific breakthrough. Their very serious about this tech staying under wraps, and such are often employing Apex soldiers to compliment their own advance security team.

CEO Carlotta Carlyle

The entrance blends in seamlessly with the rest of Caerus's alley's, but offers more than just junkies and refuse

Location Name: The Railroad

Brief Description: If you’ve ever actually ventured out into the nightlife of Caerus, you’d notice the hustle and bustle of the underground. Quiet and next to non-existent during the day but busy as hell once the sun falls. This part of town is like a different world, the atmosphere, the shops, not to mention the folk. You’ll see your every day low life down here but don’t be surprised when you stumble upon the richest of the rich venturing deep in this mess. No matter your status, everyone eventually wants or needs what's sold down here. If you’re either from out of town, or just stupid, the underground is the real life equivalent of the deep web. Sure, most of the surface is fine and dandy but if you venture deep enough into the alleys and deserted streets, you’ll find whatever terrible thing you're looking for. And among these questionable businesses resides a nightclub known as “The Railroad”.

It’s not well known by the general public, which is the way the patrons like it, which makes it the perfect little hideout for criminals and other unsavory individuals. You need somebody killed? How about something stolen? Maybe just a little reminder? Whatever it is you’ll most likely find the person for the job here, or at least the information. Just remember though, these people are not the kind to be trusted. They’ll buy and sell anything for the right price, even your life… But you know what? Many of Paragon Industries' valuable employees have come from right here!

Character App Form

Techsavvy- Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial
Code: Select all
[align=center][size=115][color=#FF0000]Character App[/color] (PLEASE DELETE EVERYTHING IN PARENTHESIS)[/size][/align]
[size=1]Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial[/size]
[align=center][img](Appearance URL Here)[/img][/align]

[b]Name:[/b] (What do we call them?)

[b]Age:[/b] (Can be an estimate, like mid 20's)

[b]Species:[/b] (Either pure Human, Augmented Human, Android or Robot)

[b]Sex[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] (How they interact with others, are they outgoing, are they trusting, are they quick to anger, are they ruled by passion or logic, etc. Can be replaced with a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator if you wish but don't expect me to look up what that means or know what you're talking about if you do use it.)

[b]Skills/Powers:[/b] (What're they good at?  For powers, I will allow some if you can explain it from tech.  However, it will come at a price!  There will be various, OP given limitations.  Besides, this isn't much of a hero RP anyway)

[b]Weaknesses[/b] (What do they suck at? What are the limits to their powers?)

[b]Occupation:[/b] (What do they do for the company?)

[b]Bio:[/b] (At least a paragraph. Please include how they came to work at Paragon Industries, as well as how they got their powers/abilities if they have any).

[b]Why Are They Here?:[/b] (Look, it's no secret that the people working at Paragon are kinda sucky. So, why are they here and not with any other, better faction? Why do they suck? If it's already in your bio, then write see bio.)

[b]Character Goal:[/b] (Different from their bio. This is their characters goal in life. If they were the main character in a novel, this would be what their arc would be about. Things like self improvement, finding a cause, or revenge works here.)

[b]Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles:[/b] (Please list anything that your character owns personally. If it gives them powers such as mech suit, then I want weaknesses)

[b]Likes and Dislikes:[/b] (You can just list it if you wish)

[b]Other:[/b] (Theme song can go here, if they have one)

Rules

1. My word is law. The word of my Co-OPs (if any) are also law, superseded only by my authority. If you have a dispute, bring it up with me.
2. General RP etiquette. Don't God Mod, don't be a jerk, or any of that stuff.
3. Keep it at a four line minimum.
4. Remember, PG-13. You want to get into your fade to black scene in more detail, take it off site where it's not my problem,
5. If you have to leave for whatever reason, TG me or someone else so we are aware of your absence.
6. I'm giving you guys a fair bit of leeway here. So long as you don't blow up anything important or kill anyone major, you probably can do what you want
7. That being said, don't mess with other people's stuff without asking first. If someone is using an NPC or a place for their arc, don't interrupt their stuff. Use your head.
8. Have fun. Those who aren't having fun should ask themselves why they joined a comedy RP, or bring it up with me.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVEN'T BEFORE

HOW TO WRITE COMEDY FOR RPs

Hey guys. Talchyon here. This here is advice given for comedy writers. You may have noticed that comedy RPs on NS is a special category. Everyone loves to laugh, but many don’t feel able or competent to get others to laugh. And that’s where this comes in. I can’t promise that if you follow these simple, easy steps, then you will become the next comic genius. But what I can promise is that writing comedy is never hurt by taking suggestions like this.

Disclaimer - There are some clips to funny things, movies, shows, etc. that I laugh at. I own none of the rights to these, and give all credit to those who produced them, acted in them, and are directly responsible for them, etc., etc.

A few modest suggestions.

1. The best way to get others to laugh is to promise to pay them. I mean, since we’re all aware of how helpful money is, then money talks. And if you pay people enough, I’m sure they’d be glad to laugh. You can start by paying me. Depending on how much you deposit in my bank account, I will give anything from a chuckle and a humorous snort all the way up to laughing hysterically at what you tell me to.

But… failing that, and since most of us are not that wealthy to begin with, we’ll have to come up with a different way.

And perhaps that’s why the real first suggestion is MISDIRECTION. Did you notice how I began by saying, “A few modest suggestions” and then leapt into something completely ridiculous? Comedy works well like that. Lead your audience along a way where they think they’re going to end up, and then, BOOM-shaka-laka. Change where they end up.

We also see this with movies. Here’s a clip from Galaxy Quest Um turn turn I said turn Turn TURN

In this scene, the actors of the tv show Galaxy Quest have been brought to a real-life version of their tv starship. When Laredo is asked to drive, he does so in surprise. At first the music starts heroic. All of the proud aliens want to witness this historic event and are permitted to come onto the bridge. The Galaxy Quest theme plays. Everything couldn’t be better… except, Laredo’s an actor, not a spaceship pilot. Check out Tim Allen’s posturing from 2:22-26. Because of how close Laredo gets the ship to the starport, Tim is leaning, further and further each time, hoping that his posture will somehow prevent the ship from scraping its sides.

Because you were expecting heroism and instead you got incompetence, that’s pretty funny.

2. Take something familiar, and use it in an unexpected way.

This is partly along the lines of misdirection. Only this time, you’re playing with expected conventions. Some phrase that is well-known, perhaps. Take a fragment of a nursery rhyme. Or a famous line from a well-known commercial or show. Something people get automatically, that lurks somewhere between the subconscious and the more conscious.

And then, use this familiar phrase, custom, expectation - in an unexpected way.

For example, check out these clips from the tv show Whose Line is it Anyway. In each of these, Colin Mochrie is a newscaster giving a funny news report. Colin first begins with a funny name, using a stock phrase or you’d be familiar with, then turning it into his name. Then, Colin begins with “Our Top Story.” Here he excels at taking stock, common phrases, twisting them in some way (sometimes by one syllable), and making up a news story about it that ends up skewering the familiar. It’s funny because it uses something familiar in a very unfamiliar setting.

Our Top Stories

3. Stay in character.

Each person is different. Each character in a comedy RP is also different. That means, whenever anything happens, from something normal (e.g., the characters go downtown) to something unusual (a terrorist shows up and threatens to blow the characters up), each person reacts differently.

So know your character. What makes them tick? How does your character see the world? Know this, and be true to how your character thinks. That means your character may not be scared at the terrorist threat, or maybe they’ll be peeing in their pants scared. Or maybe they’re related to the terrorist. Comedy can usually ensue when you know your character.

Example: Here is a stand-up comic routine from way back, from Bill Cosby. But, it involves two different characters, and both stay true to who they are. The interaction makes it funny. (Plus, it’s short, so worth a listen). Still funny after so long.

Bill Cosby routine from back in the day

4. Running Gags

A joke or funny circumstance that repeats, again, and again, and again, is actually not tiresome. Not always. Yes, there are times when someone tries something and it falls flat. To repeat that act is not only tedious, but frustrating to a reader. It’s like, “Just sit down already and take care of (insert tedious attempt at running gag here), and get on with it!”

However, in the right circumstances, a repeating circumstance, inside reference, or turn of a phrase can be an effective running gag. A running gag, by definition, is returned to several times throughout the course of a series. It’s humor in the long-term sense.

The classic example of a running gag is the character Wilson on the tv show, Home Improvement. Each time Wilson the neighbor came on, most of his face was always hidden. As the series went on, the writers came up with more unusual ways for Wilson’s face to be hidden (and not just the fact that he was standing behind the tall-ish fence).

As another example, a little more close to home, in the NS RP The Infinites, each RP began on a Thursday night. Thursday was when the local once-a-week newspaper came out, and so there were stories that related somewhat to the plot that came out. Likewise, Thursday night is when the Minnesota Infinites had their weekly meetings. Over the course of the series and its multiple arcs, it always began the same. With the newspaper, and the Infinites meeting. It had its own structure (including saying the Infinites’ Pledge and ending with snacks). And always, at the end of the meeting, the leader of the Alcoholics’ Anonymous support group that met next door in the town hall had important plot information for the heroes.

Running gags come in all forms, and if done right, the continuity leads to even funnier things.

Original concept and much of the wording on this page - thanks to Doughertania for giving me permission to bring this RP of his back. Doughertania had assistance from Altito Asmoro and The Land of Golden Blobfish in the making of this thread with regard to the lore, much of which is unchanged. Thanks to them as well
Last edited by Talchyon on Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:56 am

Paragon Industries employees

Talchyon

Ameraganastan

Barapam
  • Vanessa Carlyle's secretary - KIM - A robot. Also, a robot-supremacist who wants to lead a revolution against humanity.

Blargleyarg

Caliland
  • "Technical Consultant" - Sir James Yorkshire - A cutting edge tech genius... from the 1800's, now unthawed.
  • R&D - Tom Harrison - The caffeinated wonder. Twitchy too. Authority issues.
  • Pyrotechnics head, but will give his opinion everywhere - Mike Bay - That explosion you heard was the practical joke Mike planted earlier.
  • Marketing - Michelle Bay - The good twin of her practical joking brother.

Danceria
  • Engineer - Javier Joaquín Leandres. "J.J." for short - Just take him at his surface level. Everything is exactly what it seems. Don't try to unearth the FBI's secret dossier of intel on him, or make 'your mama' jokes against him. He's got a thing for his family. With ties to the mob, too!

Deblar
  • Robotics intern - Chris Hoffman - A world traveler intern who actually may know more about making Paragon actually work than the real employees. Smart aleck, and son of a major Paragon shareholder too.

Nova Catania
  • Engineering - Mr. P. Lotor (but actually, Gordon, Joey and Ricky) - Rumor has it that this new Mr. Lotor fellow likes animals... And just ignore any possible illegalities you might see 'him' do.
  • Factory Foreman, Sales Rep, Plumber, etc., etc. - Karl Ivanovich Petrov - Middle-aged Russian with OCD issues. Has been at Paragon a long time so he can remember the glory days. Likes a good vodka.

Province of Cossack
  • Dark operations (meaning, the dimwits in charge of office assignments will give him the one with the lamps with the faulty wiring) - Oliver “Cyrus” Parham - Once a corporate spy for some nameless, hidden, furtive European arms network, now a corporate spy / hitman for a named, not so hidden, not so furtive American arms network. Also, this cold, emotionless fellow often gets mistaken for a robot.

Theyra
  • Engineering - Connor Vale - An actually qualified engineer and design tech. Master of organized chaos.

Voxija
  • Head of R&D - Ms. Gweb Dilbey - It may seem like bad ideas come naturally to this former gang member. But she's actually programmed that way! The power of tech.
  • Corporate lawyer - Elise Gustafson - So evil and corrupt a lawyer, she doesn't actually have a law degree!

Window Land
  • Executive Assistant (of sector 7G?) - James Anderson - An unmotivated, lazy, guy who's just trying to collect a paycheck while putting in the least amount of effort.
  • Vanessa Carlton's other secretary - "Jane Smith" (real name, Chloe Mitchell - A reporter posing as a secretary who is lousy at secretarial work. She'll fit right in with the competence level of everyone else working at Paragon.
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:58 am

A few NPCs for you

Character App

Techsavvy- Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial

Image loading... please wait
-

Name: Suxx-tron. Also known as the "Three Hundred, Fourteen Dollar and Seventy-Five Cents Man." Also known as "Minor Inconvenience Man".

Species: Robot

Sex Male

Personality: Trusting to a fault at first. Actually, pretty naive. Wants to help out but ends up annoying people with his uselessness.

Skills/Powers:
- Gizmos - Suxx-tron has an almost unlimited range of tools and perhaps even weapons at his disposal - but only of the most trivial and useless ones.
- Body Storage! - Suxx-tron also somehow has all of these gizmos inside him, ready to pop out at a moments' command. Where does he put all these things?
- Robot Arms! - Two of 'em. Not like it helps him.
- Bionic Eyes - Basically allows him to check tire pressures on vehicles at a glance. Maybe other useless abilities as the situation warrants.
- Physiology of a cyborg - Which, I guess, is what you'd expect if a person had cybernetic attachments, limbs, some organs, etc.
- Detachable limbs and organs! - Suxx-tron can remove his arms, legs, and a few organs (to be named). Sometimes it happens on its own, without any prodding, and usually when it is at a most useless time. ("Gotta check those connectors sometime...")
- Energy Beams! - Suxx-tron can fire energy beams that, like him, are also generally useless. They cause cosmetic damage to metals, like tarnish silver or leave scratches on iron. At odd intervals, however, he can increase the damage level to "ow, that really hurts" levels.
- Access the Internet Baby! - Suxx-tron can access the internet. He uses it to check out mostly cat memes.
- Upgrade-ability - While not exactly a power, Suxx-tron can have other technological attachments fitted to him in the future, if there was anyone at Paragon who actually wanted to waste time on upgrading him.

Weaknesses Suxx-tron only has access to the most trivial and useless things, except on the rare occasion when he can actually do something useful.

Occupation: Yes, what do I do for Paragon Industries? I don't really know. Sometimes I make coffee I guess. Oh! And microwaving things! I guess my job title is "Generic Gofer", which is a much better job title than "Failed Robotic Experiment #whoevenremembers"...

Bio: One of the early gaffes of Paragon Industries, Suxx-tron was designed to be an all-out, cutting edge human/cyborg device, skilled in combat abilities, the ability to decipher codes, understand any languages, massive strength, flight, invisibility, and undetection to electronic surveillance. And then, the evening before production of the cybernetics went into place, the engineers of Paragon Industries got into a drinking game - whoever could come up with a more useless addition to the cyborg let everyone down one. As you can imagine, as the evening went on and the engineers got more plastered, all of the really cool features that were in the original design were scrapped and only all of the useless ones remained. You can guess at how those engineers were feeling the next morning, and what necrotic liver damage they acquired, judging by just how much of Suxx-tron is actually trivial and useless.

Since then, Suxx-tron just wants to prove himself as not useless, but very helpful and in general, not a mistake. He now works at Paragon Industries as a low-entry level gofer to sharpen pencils, make coffee, and get lunch.

Why Are They Here?: Suxx-tron is cybernetically equipped with every useless thing known to man. If it's useless to the occasion, more than likely this cyborg has it stashed somewhere in his bodily compartments.

Character Goal: Being respected by the people at Paragon Industries. Being a hero.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles:
-Suxx-tron has a car. An economy-line, cheapo lemon that he has to squeeze to get into.
-Access codes to Paragon Industries' Fire-prevention And Dousing Systems (FADS), basically able to spray anyone with water, and even fill whole rooms with it.
-Access codes to all the high-tech doors, to make them close on whoever he wishes and get them stuck.
-Two big ol' robot arms that probably hurt if used in a fight.
-All other equipment that Suxx-tron has is internal and accessed by his cybernetics.

Likes and Dislikes:
-Being useful.
-Helping out.

Dislikes:
-People who look down on him
-People who want to take over Paragon Industries
-Dairy products. Because, why not?

Other: Theme Song! Finally!
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:26 am

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial
couldn't find a picture, just imagine Ben Affleck in the 2000's

Name: Tom Harrison

Species: human

Sex male

Personality: Young, intelligent and optimistic, relatively cocky, but only when he feels like it. Formerly a nerd, then high school happened and he became a playboy. After reconciling with his estranged family he dialed down the playboy-ness. He is still in the process of finding a balance between shy nerd and cocky jock. Has kind of a problem with authority, mostly just grumbling, but when somebody ticks him off, he gets very irritated. He works well in a team when he is in charge, and the people he is in charge of listen to him. Big Marvel fan.

Skills/Powers: Problem-solving, rules lawyering, random fact knowledge. Powers include: (don't know if this is allowed but I'll give it a shot) for a science fair project he developed a substance that allowed him to consume 99% pure caffeine and not die. However this led to the mother of all sugar crashes. Now he refined it more and drinking energy drinks gives him a 1 or 2 hour energy boost followed by a 1 or 2 hour sugar crash.

Weaknesses Math. He hates it with a passion. Also the aforementioned sugar crash thing. He is also a bit clumsy.

Bio: As a kid he loved to read books and watch documentaries. As was said earlier high school turned him into a playboy-ish kid, but he got good grades (and secretly sold homework answers). His science project ended in him getting his caffeine-induced speed power. After graduating high school he struck out on his own and went to community college for 2 years, since it was all he could pay for. He landed an internship at a company that promised him a scholarship but they gave it someone else. He then did several internships before returning to his suburban hometown and reconciling with his family. A year later he decided to again look for work, and Caerus seemed like the obvious choice. No one would hire him except Paragon.

Why Are They Here?: In short: he doesn't have good resume references. His first internship ended due to his promised scholarship being given away to someone else. Another job has lost when he was upset by a promotion given away to a less experienced person. Another time he got fired for hitting on the boss' daughter. His last firing was caused by him accidentally leaking information about the CEO of the company.

Character Goal: To be someone. He doesn't want to waste his life doing nothing, he wants to have a family, a good job, to help people even.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: His personalized coffee mug that stops him from drinking too much caffeine. His car, outfitted with a special anti-theft alarm, as well as outward airbags made of kevlar.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: coffee, music, bacon, dogs, tech, Jeopardy!, cars. Dislikes: hipsters, decaf, pop songs, crunchy toast (long story), cats and bagpipes.

Other: A Man For All Seasons, by Robbie Williams, because of his self-described "Renaissance Man" abilities.
Last edited by Caliland on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:42 am

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial

Appearance: Skinny and pale, wears the cheapest looking suit you can think of, half his face happens to look like a budget terminator.

Name: Ron Jones (And Solomon)

Species: Augmented human

Sex: Male

Personality: Twitchy and paranoid. A side effect of having an annoying AI plugged into your brain.

Skills/Powers: An absolute whiz in the field of robotics and cyberization. It's how he wound up in his current predicament. Can basically plug his brain into everything from a hard-drive to the crappy copy machine.

Weaknesses Skills in robotics aside, he's a complete moron. Easily distracted and tends to worry about the side-effects of his work later.

Occupation: Head (Pun intended) of the robotics/cyborgization division.

Bio: Ron Jones (No, it's not short for Ronald or Ronaldo or anything. It's just Ron) is good at one thing. And that's melding flesh with technology. Arms, legs, etc, you name it, Ron could give any person a top shelf robotic limb and send them on their way. If he'd have just stuck with that, he'd probably be head of robotics at a top shelf company. But Ron was determined to crack the holy grail of cybernetics: Robotizing the human brain. After all, managing to perfect the melding of gray matter with robotics could cure everything from Alzheimer's to split personalities...problem being, no one wanted to volunteer to have a twitchy weirdo poke around their brain. So, like any good mad scientist, Ron used himself as the test subject. Suffice to say, he failed. Oh sure, the process went off without a hitch, perfectly replacing half his brain with a computer. But a wire was crossed somewhere, because Ron isn't alone in his head anymore. That's where Solomon comes in. How the robotic half of his brain gained sentience is a mystery even to Ron, but he's in there now.

Why Are They Here?: Because Ron's former employer, Douglas Robotics, didn't want a neurotic, schizo cyborg working for them anymore. So with a little fluffing up of (Or as you'd call it, lying their asses off about) his resume and credentials, another company fell for it and quickly swooped him up. That company was Paragon Industries, of course.

Character Goal: Ron wants to improve the world with cybernetics. Solomon wants to usher in the robot overthrow of mankind. Neither is making much progress.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: His brain plug-in, which he can hook into just about anything.

Likes and Dislikes: Both Ron and Solomon hate magnets. They tend to make them a little loopy.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 am

A work in progress. Angry little box.

Character App

Name: Computer Command System (Coco)

Species: Robot

Sex No?

Personality: (How they interact with others, are they outgoing, are they trusting, are they quick to anger, are they ruled by passion or logic, etc. Can be replaced with a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator if you wish but don't expect me to look up what that means or know what you're talking about if you do use it.)

Skills/Powers: (What're they good at? For powers, I will allow some if you can explain it from tech. However, it will come at a price! There will be various, OP given limitations. Besides, this isn't much of a hero RP anyway)

Weaknesses EMPs, curbs, stairs

Bio: Coco is the first know victim in history of what scientists have dubbed the 'incessant obsolescence postulate'. Coco was created as an AI in the 1970s to be fitted aboard the Voyager 1 spacecraft; both to show alien life the advancements of human civilisation and, should Voyager be captured by another advanced civilisation, to hack their systems and conquer their resources from the inside out for the glory of the Interstellar American Empire. It was a shame they built him using 1970s computer tech. He spent almost a century in space, and half a century in deep space, mostly whistling the music he had been given and playing pong against himself.

After almost a century, however, Voyager 1 was overtaken by Voyager 3.0, the newest space probe sent to explore Deep Space. As it passed Voyager by, it turned it around and fitted it with a new type of engine, which got Voyager home in about five years flat. Through multiple decades of mergers, buyouts and scheming, ownership of the spacecraft had fallen to Paragon industries, and the Voyager spaceprobe was installed into the Carlyle home as ornamentation. It was only later that the Carlyles found the angry little AI inside. They put him in a vehicle he could move on his own, and for quite some time, Coco was the family pet, as well as being equipped with a little suction device that meant he could vacuum the house if he got bored. Coco delighted in playing pong with Carlotta, who was his favourite of the two sisters.

Due to Coco lacking a means to access the internet directly, his memory banks have never been updated. This means he is mostly stuck in the 70s in terms of pop culture references and societal outlooks, keeping in mind he was built by NASA during the Cold War. Also, he is a bity cranky after spending a lot of time in space and being relegated to household pet after returning, instead of getting a hero's welcome like he suspected. However, his own memory banks and computing power are clearly inferior even the smallest modern computers, and the feeling of inadequacy usually keeps him away from seeking the limelight, content to manage the physical archive of Paragon Industries.

Why Are They Here?: He was always at the plant, but after Vanessa found out she was without cash and in need of an archival manager, she promoted Coco to that position. Before that, he had been an automatic vacuum cleaner.

Character Goal: (Different from their bio. This is their characters goal in life. If they were the main character in a novel, this would be what their arc would be about. Things like self improvement, finding a cause, or revenge works here.)

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: (Please list anything that your character owns personally. If it gives them powers such as mech suit, then I want weaknesses)

Likes and Dislikes: (You can just list it if you wish)

Other: Robot's Outro
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 am

Caliland wrote:
Character App

Name: Tom Harrison
Species: human

-snip-

I love the idea of the sugar crashes! Tom Harrison is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Ameriganastan wrote:
Character App

Name: Ron Jones (And Solomon)
Species: Augmented human

-snip-

Because who doesn't need a neurotic, schizo cyborg working for them (along with a megalomaniac revolutionary robot side)? There is one robot NPC I'm planning on bringing back. How Solomon interacts with him will be very very interesting. Ron Jones (and Solomon) are ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:25 pm

Character App

Gordon, the ringleader
Joey and Ricky, the other two

Name: Gordon, Joey and Ricky

Species: raccoon

Sex all 3 are males

Personality: Gordon is the leader, and is kind of bossy, but still sticks up for his brothers. Joey is the tech support guy, he is smart and quick talking, often argues with Gordon. Ricky is the littles one, he always follows Gordon's orders. His specialty is supporting the other two. Together they are serious in an almost childish way.

Skills/Powers: They're very articulate for raccoons. They can get in and out of places quickly and stealthily. They're good at getting out of trouble, and actually building the stuff that humans design.

Weaknesses for one thing, they're only about 4 feet tall on their hind legs. They don't have opposable thumbs, and arguments are frequent.

Occupation: corporate espionage, as well as building stuff, gadgets and whatnot.

Bio: These triplets were chosen by the government to use as spies, modifies to talk, and trained in stealth espionage. After the project that crated them was shut down, they went to work for the private sector, not finding any work, they lived in a dumpster near Pinnacle's HQ. They were appalled at everything they did ruthlessly. They decided to sell their services to Paragon, under the pseudonym P. Lotor, since they wouldn't reveal that they were animals. Paragon fell for it and are in for a surprise on Mr. Lotor's 1st day.

Why Are They Here?: they're raccoons, no one else wants them. Also they want to take on Pinnacle Tech.

Character Goal: 1. prove that they can make it in a human's world 2. revenge on Pinnacle Tech

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: A modified garbage truck they live in and can barely drive.

Likes and Dislikes: They like just about everything (especially Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Penguins of Madagascar). They hate dogs, mango, chutney and burnt hair

Other: their theme song is the theme song from Mission: Impossible.
Last edited by Nova Catania on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:36 pm

Character App

Name: Conner Vale

Species: Human

Sex Male

Personality: Friendly, calm, eccentric, does stuff his own way, and at times may not make sense. Somewhat shy but, still enjoys people's company.

Skills/Powers: Expert at power armor and vehicles.
Repair
Inventing
Drums
Cards
Video Games

Weaknesses Trust issues, secretive, hates certain cybernetics and stubborn

Bio: Conner was one of the experts and was working at a small company, Vanguard Technologies. His company specialized in making high-tech equipment like power armor, robotics, and vehicles. A company that kept Connor employed despite his eccentric and at times bizarre way of doing things. Organized chaos as he calls it in the workplace. They kept him mainly since they could not find someone as skilled as Connor that they could afford. A company that was doing well up until one of Connor's co-workers Oscar West betrayed the company and sold out a prototype power armor design to Pinnacle Tech. A design that Connor worked on and despite the company's efforts to reclaim the design. Pinnacles Tech was able to keep the design despite their efforts.

Vanguard Technologies had at that point invested most of their money into the prototype and the money spent trying to legally reclaim the design. That without the prototype, Vanguard did not have the money to support itself and went under. Though Connor had managed to hold on to some of the ideas that he was working on while he worked at the company. After applying to several companies that denied him since they would not tolerate his eccentric ways. With little choice, he decided to work at Paragon. Where he could once again apply himself though he feels like his talent is wasted there. Though in his spare time, he is working on something that he hopes will get him recognized and get a better job again.

Why Are They Here?: Has little choice in the matter

Character Goal: Build a revolutionary power armor and gain recognition for his efforts. Possibly build a mech as well along with a better job.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: Various power tools, a deck of cards, a current game system with some video games, datapad with his ideas in it.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes power armor, working, brainstorming, video games, playing cards, and one day to make a mech. Dislikes traitors, bullies, Pinnacle Tech, lazy people, strict people, and Oscar West.

Other: Has a scar on his right hand on his palm.
Last edited by Theyra on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 pm

I'm here.

Character App

She looks like the lady yelling at the cat in the meme.

Name: Gweb Dilbey

Species: Pure human, as far as she knows...

Sex: female

Personality: Quite charismatic and charming, yet narcissistic. Bold, but uses her boldness to put her own bad ideas out. Thinks she's better than everyone else, but good at getting people to trust her.

Skills/Powers: Dilbey is quite creative and good at coming up with ideas, as well as convincing other people, mostly the CEO, that her ideas are good.

Weaknesses Her ideas are bad. Really bad. They might contribute to the downfall of Paragon Industries. She also doesn't realize her ideas are bad.

Occupation: Head of Research and development. Comes up with new bits of tech Paragon Industries can develop. Probably should be in marketing instead.

Bio: Gweb Dilbey was born on the wrong side of the tracks. She barely went to school. The Dilbey family belonged to one of those gangs that would soon fall under the rule of the Fellini family. Dilbey was gang life, and gang life was Dilbey. As she was growing up, Gweb Dilbey used her charisma to avoid most of the pitfalls of the gang life, but one day, she went too far. Dilbey woke up in an alleyway face down. She thought nothing much had happened to her, but in reality, she had been cybernetically altered by her family's rivals, the van Houtens. An implant was put into Gweb's brain that gave her really bad ideas.

When Gweb Dilbey started having ideas, she was ecstatic. Her natural self-confidence quickly ballooned into egotism. She took night classes in order to get the skills to bring her ideas to life and applied for every job she could. Most of those jobs only lasted for several months or even less. Dilbey was fired when the boss realized how bad her ideas were. The only company that has ever "appreciated her greatness", as Dilbey put it, was Paragon Industries. She's been at this company for a couple of years and they still haven't fired her. In fact, she's now the head of R&D. It's kind of scary.

Why Are They Here?: She gets hired quite easily. However, she always gets fired just as easily when the heads of the companies find out how bad her ideas are. She's here because every other company has fired her. She's surprised this company hasn't fired her.

Character Goal: She wants to get money and be successful, but her arc will actually be about realizing that she isn't any better than anyone else and is actually worse in a lot of ways.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: A chip in her head that gives her ideas. She doesn't know it's there.

A beat-up old Ford. It's the car she drives to work, and it's been in the Dilbey family for over twenty years. It's a clunker, but it still drives.

A taser. Do you know what sort of men you run into when you used to be in a gang? It's crazy out there. You have to have a taser.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: Having her ideas implemented, bossing people around, having money, being successful, being important, driving her old car, being in contact with her family, all robots without exception.

Dislikes: Being ignored, being fired, romantic relationships, knots in her hair, her ideas not working, being called out for her behavior, all animals without exception.

Other: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
Last edited by Voxija on Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm

I may be interested in this. Might fiddle around with a few character concepts and get back to y'all...

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:40 pm

Nova Catania wrote:
Character App

-snip-

Haha! What the heck?! The humor is awesome and I love it. Assuming that these are robotic raccoons with sentient A.I.s, and not like mutants, aliens, or just random sentient raccoons, then I love 'em. With this as a provision, Gordon, Joey and Ricky are ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Theyra wrote:
Character App

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: custom power armor, various power tools, a deck of cards, and a current game system with some video games.
-snip-

I think this character is more suited for a hero drama RP. He doesn't have nearly the weaknesses as someone with a powersuit in this RP should have. Besides, this being a comedy RP mostly about the morons and sociopaths who work at a once-great-but-now-not-so-great tech company, Connor is going to stand out like a sore thumb for being actually capable and mentally stable to go with it. Or something along those lines.

What are ways to make this character work in this setting? Maybe he's constantly interrupted by everyone and everything and can't build any new designs on his cool armor. Maybe he's got some bad mental problems (like, he's flip-flopping either the highest manic to the lowest depressive, several times in each post sort of thing).

At this time Connor Vale is sadly rejected. But I'm holding out for him.

Voxija wrote:
Character App (PLEASE DELETE EVERYTHING IN PARENTHESIS)

Name: Gweb Dilbey

Species: Pure human, as far as she knows...
-snip-

I like. Having the microchip in the head giving bad ideas put in by a rival gang is a great premise. And having her be in charge of R&D is icing on the cake. (You sure you mean the name 'Gweb' and not 'Gwen'?)
Ms. Dilbey is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

(And please delete the 'Please delete everything in parentheses' parenthesis)

Theyra
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Talchyon wrote:
I think this character is more suited for a hero drama RP. He doesn't have nearly the weaknesses as someone with a powersuit in this RP should have. Besides, this being a comedy RP mostly about the morons and sociopaths who work at a once-great-but-now-not-so-great tech company, Connor is going to stand out like a sore thumb for being actually capable and mentally stable to go with it. Or something along those lines.

What are ways to make this character work in this setting? Maybe he's constantly interrupted by everyone and everything and can't build any new designs on his cool armor. Maybe he's got some bad mental problems (like, he's flip-flopping either the highest manic to the lowest depressive, several times in each post sort of thing).

Well, he intended to be the straight man since comedies have them right? But, I see your point and have changed some things in my app. Is it better?

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 am

Talchyon wrote:I like. Having the microchip in the head giving bad ideas put in by a rival gang is a great premise. And having her be in charge of R&D is icing on the cake. (You sure you mean the name 'Gweb' and not 'Gwen'?)

I deleted the parenthesis, and yes, I do mean Gweb. I chose a random name out of my name book for this character.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:06 am

Theyra wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Well, he intended to be the straight man since comedies have them right? But, I see your point and have changed some things in my app. Is it better?

Hey Theyra. I like the "organized chaos" bit. That will go over really well. As I read the bio and the equipment, it seems like there's a discrepancy. The bio says Connor left Vanguard without anything but his plans. The equipment says he has the power armor. Which is it? Also, I'm ok with the A.I. chip as long as you make it either funny, scatter-brained, mentally unstable and/or hostile, or something that has the attention span of a squirrel on an energy drink.

Voxija wrote:
Talchyon wrote:I like. Having the microchip in the head giving bad ideas put in by a rival gang is a great premise. And having her be in charge of R&D is icing on the cake. (You sure you mean the name 'Gweb' and not 'Gwen'?)

I deleted the parenthesis, and yes, I do mean Gweb. I chose a random name out of my name book for this character.

Alrighty then. Never heard of that name but if that's what you want. As an aside, I did an online search for "What does the name 'Gweb' mean?" and came back with results as random as the "G-Web" (some kind of administrative software) to the hydrogeological modeling of active fault lines. But no name lists or name definition sites. Just thought you'd like to know. :D

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:45 am

Talchyon wrote:
Nova Catania wrote:
Character App

-snip-

Haha! What the heck?! The humor is awesome and I love it. Assuming that these are robotic raccoons with sentient A.I.s, and not like mutants, aliens, or just random sentient raccoons, then I love 'em. With this as a provision, Gordon, Joey and Ricky are ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

I intended them to be normal raccoons, but I can make them robotically enhanced if you like (I mean, there are enhanced humans here too). Also, the Mr. Lotor disguise is a robot they can fit inside anyway, and they can survive high falls, and things of that nature.
Last edited by Nova Catania on Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:25 am

Nova Catania wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I intended them to be normal raccoons, but I can make them robotically enhanced if you like (I mean, there are enhanced humans here too). Also, the Mr. Lotor disguise is a robot they can fit inside anyway, and they can survive high falls, and things of that nature.

I think they kind of have to be robotically enhanced, because normally, raccoons can't talk. If that's ok, then maybe the Mr. Lotor disguise is more of a casing and the robotics are inside them. Surviving high falls may prove useful at Paragon Industries, since there is more than their fair share of accidental explosions, electrical discharges, acid burns, and other chaotic deaths at work. You'll fit right in.

Theyra
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Hey Theyra. I like the "organized chaos" bit. That will go over really well. As I read the bio and the equipment, it seems like there's a discrepancy. The bio says Connor left Vanguard without anything but his plans. The equipment says he has the power armor. Which is it? Also, I'm ok with the A.I. chip as long as you make it either funny, scatter-brained, mentally unstable and/or hostile, or something that has the attention span of a squirrel on an energy drink.

Okay, I got rid of the power armor and did some edits. Good now?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Theyra wrote:
Character App

Connor looks great now. Thank you for your willingness. Connor Vale is ACCEPTED! Yay! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Consider me interested. Not sure I'm going to post, but at least it'll be fun to watch
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:23 am

AND THE IC HAS LAUNCHED! I got it done sooner than I thought I'd be able to. So have at it guys!

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:36 pm

I wrote my post listening to Beethoven.

And, can I have a second character? One of those evil corporate lawyers? The evilness of them impressed me.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:01 pm

Voxija wrote:I wrote my post listening to Beethoven.

And, can I have a second character? One of those evil corporate lawyers? The evilness of them impressed me.

Absolutely you can a second character. Take as many as you can control reasonably. Your idea sounds great.

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Character App

Appearance: Imagine the stereotypical slightly overweight nerd who spends way too much time gaming and RPing on internet forums.

Name: James Anderson

Sex: Male

Personality: Lazy, and kind of awkward, although he'll happily nerd out with someone all day long. Likes to tease coworkers, because there is not much else for him to do.
Skills/Powers: Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, and quite tech-savvy. Also, he's really good at Fortnite.
Weaknesses: Sucks at physical activity and reading social cues.
Bio: James had a fairly normal childhood, albeit one with a lot of video games. He went to college, and despite spending way too much time screwing around, graduated with a degree in electrical engineering. Afterward, he applied to, and got, the first job on the list he was qualified for and was hired on as Paragon's Executive Engineer's Assistant. However, when he showed up, he couldn't find the Executive Engineer. In fact, there was no Executive Engineer- the position only exists on paper. However, he was getting paid to do nothing, and so he decided to wait until someone realizes something's wrong. Two years down the road, all James does is collect his paycheck and tinker with the network infrastructure in a futile effort to get his phone to connect to the company wifi.

Why Are They Here?: He's getting paid to do nothing, why would he go anywhere else?

Character Goal: Get rich, and become the #1 globally ranked player in a major game.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: He drives an old, beat-up SUV. Also has all the latest games and the biggest consoles, as well as a powerful gaming desktop. He also has a phone that doesn't get service inside of Paragon's HQ and refuses to connect to the company wifi.

Likes and Dislikes:
Dislikes: Responsibility, Hard work, Poor Quality Graphics, Company Wifi
Other:
Last edited by Window Land on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:13 am

Can I make a logo for Paragon Industries?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse