NATION

PASSWORD

America the Beautiful: An American Political RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Office of Representative Maxine Caroline Durant (Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District)
Maxine took another sip of the red and white coke can that had been her tried and true friend for most of her life. She stifles a burp from marching up her throat and turning the conversation with an ill advised and inappropriate lull in her table manners. Wiping her face, she paid attention to what Diane was saying before coming up with a reply.

"We can all have our disagreements as Republicans. I know that my... uh, 'certain attitudes' aren't the ones you grew up with, but you still seem like a polite n' smart cookie. At the end of the day, we are conservative fellers, just of different levels o' conservative.

Unfortunately, Diane, I can't bring myself to support the CCA. It's a threat to not just my income, but the income of every senator, house member n' their poor staff. I suppose that in order to spread the misery around, we've gotta go around n' spread it to the halls of Congress too!"

She paused for a moment, staring at the coke can, lost in thought for a moment before sighing.

"Look, I know what you're tryin' to do is to geet in gud with the fellers in the White House. What you n' the rest o' the 'republican fellers' wanna do is feed the country a pipin' hot slice o' Mississippi Pie. Then, after it's gotten it's desert, we feed Uncle Sam all the brussel sprouts n' veggies inna the form o' the actual things that matter to the evangelicals or the Mormons or the Nazis.. just listin' off examples here. It's a noble goal fer sure. After such a contentious election, the first thing we need to do is roll up our sleeves n' work fer the public that voted us on in. I don't say that outta the kindness o' my heart, I says its outta political strategy. I am more of the 'conservative' tilt t' me. Hell, I wish I was in the house so I could kiss George Burke's ass onna the rights of the unborn and firearms.

But what yer morals are be a lil' bit different from a lady that's mostly down south. I wouldn't mind if we ended up winnin' that there seat inna Wisconsin n' got ourselves a Trifecta. But, there's also opportunity for the stuff us republicans pass in the house to make it through the Senate. We've just gotta needle them conservative Democrats. Like (Not Manchin). I mean, I've already come out against the ARA, n' I got some flak fer that by that one feller on the internets...uh, Everette. I don't know who the hell he is, n' frankly I just hope he ain't one of them soup-reme court justices or some feller of the sorts.

One of our goals ought to be that damn seat inna Win-con-sin. Even if the GOP's boy runnin's already wantin' the damn thing passed.. Look, I ain't gonna try n' convince y'all to be a more conservative feller in the mold o' John Sharp Williams or god forbid James K. Vardaman. But, I also don't wanna be proselytized politically to by a Yankee. If there's one thing I am, unfortunately, it is stubborn. So, to boil down the meat n' potatoes, I ain't gonna vote fer the Relief Act nor the CCA.

If you wanna go ahead n' hep out the American fellers, you're within yer right as a politikan t' do that. Maxine, It's going to be a 'no' from me on both bills. If Dumbo gits his tail inna knot, then that might be the cake t' my day. I'll try not to insult Dumbo on twitter no more, but in private, I'm lettin' him git the beans inna terms o' my wit n' insults."
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Hypolite Gaspard
@HGLouisianaFirst

I encourage Louisianans to email, call, or write to my office in regards to legislation being considered or issues facing you and your lives. I apologize, but while I do promote actions/events on Twitter and Facebook, it is obviously one of the least effective/efficient methods of reaching me with your opinions and requests. Thank you, kindly!
Last edited by Louisianan on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:36 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Office of Representative Maxine Caroline Durant (Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District)
Maxine took another sip of the red and white coke can that had been her tried and true friend for most of her life. She stifles a burp from marching up her throat and turning the conversation with an ill advised and inappropriate lull in her table manners. Wiping her face, she paid attention to what Diane was saying before coming up with a reply.

"We can all have our disagreements as Republicans. I know that my... uh, 'certain attitudes' aren't the ones you grew up with, but you still seem like a polite n' smart cookie. At the end of the day, we are conservative fellers, just of different levels o' conservative.

Unfortunately, Diane, I can't bring myself to support the CCA. It's a threat to not just my income, but the income of every senator, house member n' their poor staff. I suppose that in order to spread the misery around, we've gotta go around n' spread it to the halls of Congress too!"

She paused for a moment, staring at the coke can, lost in thought for a moment before sighing.

"Look, I know what you're tryin' to do is to geet in gud with the fellers in the White House. What you n' the rest o' the 'republican fellers' wanna do is feed the country a pipin' hot slice o' Mississippi Pie. Then, after it's gotten it's desert, we feed Uncle Sam all the brussel sprouts n' veggies inna the form o' the actual things that matter to the evangelicals or the Mormons or the Nazis.. just listin' off examples here. It's a noble goal fer sure. After such a contentious election, the first thing we need to do is roll up our sleeves n' work fer the public that voted us on in. I don't say that outta the kindness o' my heart, I says its outta political strategy. I am more of the 'conservative' tilt t' me. Hell, I wish I was in the house so I could kiss George Burke's ass onna the rights of the unborn and firearms.

But what yer morals are be a lil' bit different from a lady that's mostly down south. I wouldn't mind if we ended up winnin' that there seat inna Wisconsin n' got ourselves a Trifecta. But, there's also opportunity for the stuff us republicans pass in the house to make it through the Senate. We've just gotta needle them conservative Democrats. Like (Not Manchin). I mean, I've already come out against the ARA, n' I got some flak fer that by that one feller on the internets...uh, Everette. I don't know who the hell he is, n' frankly I just hope he ain't one of them soup-reme court justices or some feller of the sorts.

One of our goals ought to be that damn seat inna Win-con-sin. Even if the GOP's boy runnin's already wantin' the damn thing passed.. Look, I ain't gonna try n' convince y'all to be a more conservative feller in the mold o' John Sharp Williams or god forbid James K. Vardaman. But, I also don't wanna be proselytized politically to by a Yankee. If there's one thing I am, unfortunately, it is stubborn. So, to boil down the meat n' potatoes, I ain't gonna vote fer the Relief Act nor the CCA.

If you wanna go ahead n' hep out the American fellers, you're within yer right as a politikan t' do that. Maxine, It's going to be a 'no' from me on both bills. If Dumbo gits his tail inna knot, then that might be the cake t' my day. I'll try not to insult Dumbo on twitter no more, but in private, I'm lettin' him git the beans inna terms o' my wit n' insults."

Diane calmly replied. “That’s fine. I can deal with the ‘no’ votes. I’m quite familiar with not voting in accordance with the whip, I do it more than most, you gotta vote your conscience. Nobody will bat an eye about your vote outside of Tenson.”

“But what I'm trying to avoid is any sort of showmanship or battle between Republicans. We already are fighting a common enemy, there's no need to fight one another on the House floor. That's what these offices are for, if you get what I'm saying. I really don't care what you tweet, tweet away."

"But objecting to procedural motions by fellow Republicans, for instance, a motion to go from introduction to questioning period, only wastes my time and your time. It's not peaceable disagreement, nor spirited debate. That's the kind of obstructionism you save for your worst enemies, for the far-lefters ruining our country."

"I've been down the road of being an obstructionist of the highest degree, and believe me, it did not pay off. I suffered legislative failure after failure during the Burke years while I railed against is big spending, big government policies. None of what I or my constituents wanted would get done."

"You can go on and ask questions and all that. Again, I like spirited debate. And go ahead and vote no, I don't mind free thinking. But if you go out there and make a big scene of it all, obstructing people who are supposed to be your allies, you'd be making the same mistake the lunatics on the left do. If you treat every bill like it's the end of the world, nothing will stand out. When you get to the really important issues, your voice will mean less. And if you repeatedly lead a failed charge again and again against your party, your supporters won't think you're capable of seeing through the things you stand by."

"If I can give you a little unsolicited advice, it'd be for you to pick your battles, pick ones you can win and then do so loudly. You have a strong voice Maxine, you'd be better to use it selectively and effectively. You know guns...I recommend the sniper approach and not the shotgun approach. There's less collateral damage and you'll be more effective at your job.”

“If I hadn’t started learning to choose my battles, my seat would be in the hands of someone else.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 pm

Lincoln Memorial
The morning after the inauguration

"Hi, I'm Dan Gundersen! You might know me as...nah...cut that...let's start again."

The short man in the suit adjusted his American flag lapel. The campaign staffer, or rather, exploratory committee staffer with the camera said, "move a bit to the left, we don't want the bums in the shot."

"Okay, take 4. Action."

"Hello, I'm Dan Gundersen. You've probably heard of my restaurant Dairy Dan's, or maybe of my brother, former NFL kicker Jakob Gundersen. What you might not have heard is that I am running for Senator of Wisconsin. Well, now you've heard it. Here's the details."

"Alright, cut again. Let's go take more footage by the Capitol. Sound good?"

"Why are we doing this again?" grumbled Dan.

The staffer replied, "if we take pictures and video of you in Washington, the voters will be able to envision you there. Don't worry, we'll trade this off with videos of you at on more familiar turf...I'm not sure what the laws are about getting your restaurant in the shot though."

"I want it. Find a way to make it happen."

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:24 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Eliza took a seat opposite Carrie on the same couch, "Sounds like some of those big foreign policy challenges ahead are bothering you, care to name a few," She said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Well, there's this China business - it's going to require a multilateral approach that factors in economics - and my experience of Nate Richardson is that he's a man of great goals but insufficient ideological conviction. If he's serious about contesting China, he'll need to do things he thinks are vote-losers if he's going to do it. Then there's the matter of Afghanistan. The previous administration's grand peace plan."

"If there's one thing I know about Nate it's that he's stubborn. I don't see him pulling out of the withdraw unless the Taliban does something stupid, as for China, should I take it that you'd want us to join the CPTPP?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 am

New Cobastheia wrote:"If there's one thing I know about Nate it's that he's stubborn. I don't see him pulling out of the withdraw unless the Taliban does something stupid, as for China, should I take it that you'd want us to join the CPTPP?"

"The Taliban hasn't honored the agreement at any point since it was agreed, it's not worth the paper it's written on, and so withdrawal should be off the table and not on it," She remarked, taking a sip of her coffee, shaking her head, "Withdrawal, at this stage, would be premature. Progress still needs to be made, mainly because Administrations of both parties have been handling it so, so very poorly."

Humming, she gave an nod to the second statement, "Yes, CPTPP should be back on the table, which won't be very popular at the top table, but he also has to consider continuing to invest in our strategic relationship with Vietnam, building an international coalition, and expanding the strategic reach of those allies. That kind of multilateralism and solid commitments to allies is difficult when trust in the US and our allegiance is at an all-time low, and isn't particularly popular with isolationist Republicans."

"For that matter, the two issues cross over - pulling out of Afghanistan leaves it as a prime pick to be swallowed into China's sphere of influence, there are Uyghurs in Afghanistan who'll be at threat of ethnic cleansing, and there's lithium in Afghanistan which - whilst presently pretty inaccessible - might invite Chinese aggression or dominion sometime later if a US presence isn't maintained."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:53 am

Senior Staff 25th of January, 2021
Attendees of this meeting are: Bob Abernathy (WH Chief of Staff), Leanne Sparkmaine (WH Deputy Chief of Staff), Bryan Burgess (WH Press Secretary), Donovan Miller (WH Comms Director), Vernon Glebeman (WH Deputy Comms Director), & Lee Metzler (WH Director of Legislative Affairs)
The below was written in joint collaboration with Gordano & Lysandus and, New Cobastheia
Some of these characters are only used when relevant and are members of the WH Staff, there are no applications though skeleton apps describing their existence may be put up by me or Dent at a future date.

That morning for Bob began at 7AM, as usual he did his rounds through the building, and senior staff began the hour after, on the dot.

The staff would enter as they were let in, by Bob’s Executive Assistant.

“Good morning,” Lee called out to anybody in particular.

Bryan gave Lee a look which reflected a sense of exhausted annoyance before taking another sip of the water he’d brought in with him, “Morning.”

Bob examined them all gradually as they entered before zeroing in on Lee, “that isn’t the word I’d use to describe the morning.”

Bob continued on his monologue, “a Senate mired in some Democratic humdrum, a House run by the fuckin’ Confederacy and a Secretary of State nominee who says the quiet part out loud,” he sipped his coffee, “is there anything we’ve done right, this past week?”

Vernon considers saying something but then realizes that the question is best left rhetorical.

“We got elected if nothing else,” Leanne mentioned with a brief sense of sarcasm.
“Yes I forgot the country went to the polls on Tuesday,” Bob replied with equal sarcasm, “and the man lifted his hand off the bible on Wednesday! Bryan, what’s coming up this week?” he alluded vaguely to Bryan’s job description by naming him.

“Well, if there’s any slowdown on Mrs. Wolf’s confirmation, there’ll be a whole host on that; we’ll probably get some questions about what Congresswoman Jefferson Davis has been saying on the floor; and if we get the ARA passed through the House, then there’s bound to be questions about how we’re going to pay for a one and a half trillion dollar bill.”

Bob snorted at the Davis remark, “do we have a neat answer for how we’re doing that?” He directed his attention to Miller and Glebeman.

“Best we have is that’ll pay itself off, as we get better we'll have more tax revenue, etc, etc,” Miller spoke up as he chewed on a piece of gum.

Vernon chipped in at this point, “We’re also mulling a line about how the President is a believer in streamlining the size of the Federal Government and that those efficiencies will help to balance the books and restore confidence in America’s sense of fiscal responsibility, but it’s a bit wonky. Then again, the President likes wonky.”

Bryan glanced at Vernon with a further lack of amusement, “I don’t like wonky.”

Miller commented on Bryan’s point, “The American people don’t like wonky either.”

“Let’s not use that line,” Bob sighed, “and saying it’ll pay for itself won’t stick if we use it more than once, so if you get something better do tell,” he glanced at his topsheet, “has anyone had trouble with getting their clearance level sorted and whatnot?”

Miller shook his head no while Leanne knew damn well that Bob knew she had her clearance all sorted.
“Nothing aside from the fact the Secret Service put the worst picture of me on my ID card,” grumbled Bryan.

“I think it accentuates your cheekbones,” muses Bob as he gestures to the lot of them to leave, “go pass some bills,” he looks at Leanne and Bryan with a look of asking them to stay behind.

Lee led the way out, looking at the floor. Miller and Glebeman followed him, on his way to the ‘propaganda office’ as he lovingly called it when a Democrat was in office.

Bob had wanted these two for a specific policy area.

“Afghanistan,” Bob said, completely deadpan, “we have a deal from the Wolf-Tawney Administration to get our troops out by May 1. Let’s say we push it back officially, how does the public respond?”

“Do you want the answer from over-engaged internet politicos, or the answer from Joe Average?” Bryan queried.

“Joe Average?” Bob mused.

“Odds are Joe Average doesn’t even know the withdrawal date is May 1st.” Leanne mentioned.

“Joe Average doesn’t give a shit about foreign policy unless it goes really south, and they’ll have forgotten about it by the midterms,” Bryan explained.

“If the President was to announce staying in Afghanistan, or rather breaking the deal, the Taliban would take that as a license to start shooting and bodies come home eventually, one way or another,” Bob said, “either we surge troops, beat them back into the mountains for a few more years, or get out after almost twenty years, I know what the Chiefs will advise and I know what the President will want to do, my question is how do we sell the public on either withdrawal or a surge?”

Bryan mulled the point for a moment, going to look down at the pad he had on the table and went to start to scribble down some notes in what was obviously an obnoxious journalistic shorthand, but it helped him organize his thoughts, “well, those are two very, very different scenarios. Troop surge? The President believes in negotiating from a position of strength, and shares President Wolf’s conviction in peace-through-strength. Confident in the supremacy of American firepower. Taliban broke terms of the agreement pretty much immediately, and peace requires rebuke for that. Withdrawal? He’s the fifth President to preside over America’s longest war, enough is enough, won’t expend further manpower or resources on a lost war. Blame the Afghans, blame Pakistan or Iran, point the finger at Baharia for a bit, could probably get away with bashing Burke a bit.”

Leanne nodded along as Bryan spoke, generally finding herself in agreement with what he was saying before adding, “Blaming the Chinese never hurts either with voters.”

“We’ll game this out more once the President makes a final decision, but keep your head up for this question, the line is still the President is leading the way through a complete review of our foreign policy situation to determine where we may need to change tack. Further announcements will be made, Leanne, find a time to see Congressman Oliver Miller this week, he’s planning on moving some sort of bill around expedited visas for Afghan helpers, we’re going to find a Republican to join him so it’s not a one-sided effort, but meet with him and see what the parameters are,” he stood indicating the end of the meeting.

Leanne confirmed she’d find time to meet with the Democrat as she scribbled down some notes, considering the possible Republicans who’d sign on. Maybe Gaspard, the old man seemed like a rather convincible person, maybe Tenson, something about aiding those who aided our servicemen in their time of need, maybe Paulson, seemed like something she might sign up to if the right gears were greased.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:39 am

Office of Representative Maxine Caroline Durant (Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District)
Her face did tarnish into a grimace at the insistence of 'not obstruction', but she quickly stifled it so as to not let Diane peer too hard into her true feelings of that matter. She simply stood back in her chair and took it all in, akin to a thirsty elephant needing a drink in the swamps of the desert. Did deserts have swamps? Maybe corrupt swamps, like an metaphor to something. She dismissed that thought with some minute muscle movements in her hand before clearing her throat.

"Well, that is good advice to have with me after all this time. I'm aware of certain politicians goin' down the 'obstructionist' route. Ain't that what that feller from Kentucky did for six years against Baharia's communism? If we wanna have a gender-swapped role o' a strong mi'lle aged south'ron politikan, what's to stop 'em-us? But, if I do has n' 'ssue witchone o' them fancy schamy things y'all call a peice o' paper that's innadouce only t' die inna the Senate... what's it called... A bill, right-special hoo daddy n' hoo momma! Where was I? right!, I don't care if I'll have to run over fellow elephants on my safari hunting trip to bring back bacon for Mississippians. But... I do see where you're comin' from. I ain't gonna make too many friends inna the Reepublican caucas 'ff I keep onna a 'pissin' 'em right on off y'all see.

I very much give a damn where this country's goin'. I see it goin' down the path of socialism n' commienism n' all sorts of 'isms that ain't good. Politiks is more o' a gloriifeed food fight. Sometimes they fight back! The damn bastards, they fuckin' BITE, no-me-sayin'?"

She took a long breather before sighting.

"But, mah bat'lles will need t' be picked on wisely. Raisin' pure ,one hunnded peercent hell wit the Whip o' the House Caucasian? Yeah that's well worth the earful that Dumbo gits me. I'm even able t' spinnit inna the local papers back home inna Cedar Grove 'DURANT VERBALLY MURDERS WHIP, STANDS UP FOR STATE'S RIGHTS' some kinnda headline like that. I'm all fer payin' a 'ttenion t' my districts needs, that's why they damn well elected me...uh.." She started counting on her fingers for a few before smiling broadly. "Three-no, four times! Y'all know the joke, math is hard, meth is easy...heh, heh heh... Hood-dawggie!

Well, that's good t' here that you don't rat on southerners. I mean, Dumbo is from the west, your from the north, so it ain't like y'all were onna the same side o' the civil war nor owe each some some dumb-ass favor or no shit like thats, nope bobby. But, I am an inna pendent vote 'gainst the damned whip. Free spirit n' all that shit. But..I do see how raisin' hell about every lil' ol issue there is, it becomes irritain' n'nn.. n' a tirin' fer all innavolved in that there shit-show that you stir on up when y'all gits to its. It sure as hell don't leave y'all manny frens onna the hill. Soon-er er later, the folks that you trust the most, the fellers inna yer constituency, even they turn on you. Sooner er later, primary challengers look stranger n' stranger, then..BAM, you end on up outta office n' onna thems streets cause you didn't listen t' yer constituents!"

Small tears streamed down her face, quickly dapped away with a nearby napkin. Her voice had gotten rather scratchy at nearly barking out the last bit, mostly driven by the fear of losing her job.

"...I..I don't wanna g'an back t' wash dishes, that's for damn sure. Then I 'ppose I best hold one of them 'town halls' 't better 'plain on my objection n' my vote 'gainst relife. But, I'll hold on off onna 'nnouncin' nothin' public yet. I'd rather the circus outside my home not g'an n' git e'een bigger y'know me sayin? I've been at this Congress shit for a long time, not as long as yer butts been representin' mainers, but still.. six er seven years is a long ol' time. Maybe, maybe next year I don't run. One thing I don't wanna end on up happenin' is me bein' a female (Not Strom Thurmond). One hunnded years is far too long inna politiks. My options fer Senate are limited, have t' wait 'nother four or five years 'fore those seats open up. I ain't too sure if I can g'an n' do it.. but... I will try my damndest inna what I dos a n'ws.

What I do now'll imma-pact my g'anin' 'an wit stuff. I don't really care if thems pundits say 'one more retirement spells trouble inna the mid-terms'. My ruby red district won't get no communist feller in there, that's well-right! Bein' at this game fer so long, it takes a hell-uva lot outta y'all. I might have it inna me for just one more term come '22. Inna '24, well I can't see that far inna the future, but I'll be 60 years old. That's plenty old to retire down to Cedar Grove, maybe have the grandkids over, git lil' Sharp n' focus on thems small things inna life. I'll g'an back n' say t' myself: "Max, y'all did good. Y'all served yer country inna the house. Y'all managed t' raise a good, Christan fearin' family, n' y'all did it wit a smile onna yer face...most o' the time."

Oh! Sorry if I'm a bit lon-winned, but life is a'complicated, that's for damn sure. Diane... I wanna thank y'all Diane fer bein' here. It might be small, but it does mean a somethin' that's for d- real sure. It's n' honest chat, woman t' woman. Very calmer than the mess that we call Capiitoll Hell."
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am

Dentali wrote:
Lavan Tiri wrote:Max O'Halloran
Bethesda, Maryland
6:15 A.M.
January 22, 2021

The Senate Minority Leader awoke with a grunt, hauling himself out of bed as the Sun broke over the D.C. skyline. He untangled his limbs from around Jeanette's pillow, which he'd once more fallen asleep cuddling, and slowly stood up, feeling all of his years in his knees.

"Morning, beautiful," he grunted to the picture of his late wife on the bedside table. It had been taken in 2013, right before the cancer diagnosis. Jeanette was beaming, surrounded by her children and grandchildren, face lit by the candles of her birthday cake. Her face was lined, her hair was iron-grey, and she was the most beautiful creature Max had ever seen.

"Busy day today," he continued as he dressed, "gotta go into the office, get on the Relief Act. Maybe meet with Nate--you would've liked Nate, he's a good kid--about it."

The picture remained silent. Max sighed, finished tying his tie, and gently pressed a kiss to the picture. "Love you, Jeanette. I'll see you tonight."

He silently made himself breakfast in the little kitchen, frying eggs and bacon while his coffeemaker dripped. He ate soundlessly at the tiny table, ignoring the dead vase of flowers that had been set there in 2014. After breakfast, he hopped in his old Volkswagen bug and drove to the Capitol.

His Chief of Staff, Duncan Whitmore, was waiting at the office when Max arrived at 7 AM. Duncan had been working for Max since 1999, starting out as a simple aide. The men had a close friendship, and after Jeanette's death, Duncan was Max's closest confidante and advisor.

"Hey boss man," Duncan greeted, shuffling through papers at his desk in the corner of the grand office. Max's desk sat in the very middle of the room, in the center of the swirl of interns, aides, constituents, visitors, and lobbyists that ran in and out of the office all day. But this early, it was only Duncan, who handed Max a printed copy of that day's schedule. "President wants to see you."

Max grunted a thank you, took care of some busywork, and set off for the White House.

"Good to see you Senator" Richardson said shaking the Minority Leader's hand firmly and making eye contact, "We are moving very fast here so thank you for being accommodating." Richardson gestured to a couch and sat opposite it while Bob Abernathy took a chair a short distance away "So you wanted to discuss the relief act?"

"Yessir, Mr. President," Max rasped, gingerly lowering himself into a seat, "specifically, negotiations with the Democrats. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting with Leader Hertzog yet, but--I understand that you have. I'd like to know where we currently stand on the bill."
My pronouns are they/them

Join Home of the Brave!
Big Jim P wrote:I like the way you think.

Constaniana wrote:Ah, so you were dropped on your head. This explains a lot.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Snarky bastard.

The Grey Wolf wrote:You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh because thIs is the best satire I've ever seen or be very very afraid because someone actually thinks all this so.... have a cookie?

John Holland wrote: John Holland
your mom

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:55 am

Lavan Tiri wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Good to see you Senator" Richardson said shaking the Minority Leader's hand firmly and making eye contact, "We are moving very fast here so thank you for being accommodating." Richardson gestured to a couch and sat opposite it while Bob Abernathy took a chair a short distance away "So you wanted to discuss the relief act?"

"Yessir, Mr. President," Max rasped, gingerly lowering himself into a seat, "specifically, negotiations with the Democrats. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting with Leader Hertzog yet, but--I understand that you have. I'd like to know where we currently stand on the bill."

"I cut some of my personal priorities... Hertzog asked for roughly 300 billion extra... i got him down to 90." Richardson sighed a bit and ran a hand through his thinning hair "Price tag of the bill is $1.57 trillion. Its workable, no tricks and we can hit the ground running after the amendments from the Dems... Two thirds are up front, mostly the stimulus checks, unemployment, paycheck protection etc. Then we have the last third that is appropriated over the next 5 years, a LOT is in their for rural America too, our party is going to have a lot to show their voters..."

"I understand you wanted to keep it under $1.5 trillion and so did I... but honestly this is better than I thought we'd get."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:37 am

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Office of Representative Maxine Caroline Durant (Mississippi's 3rd Congressional District)
Her face did tarnish into a grimace at the insistence of 'not obstruction', but she quickly stifled it so as to not let Diane peer too hard into her true feelings of that matter. She simply stood back in her chair and took it all in, akin to a thirsty elephant needing a drink in the swamps of the desert. Did deserts have swamps? Maybe corrupt swamps, like an metaphor to something. She dismissed that thought with some minute muscle movements in her hand before clearing her throat.

"Well, that is good advice to have with me after all this time. I'm aware of certain politicians goin' down the 'obstructionist' route. Ain't that what that feller from Kentucky did for six years against Baharia's communism? If we wanna have a gender-swapped role o' a strong mi'lle aged south'ron politikan, what's to stop 'em-us? But, if I do has n' 'ssue witchone o' them fancy schamy things y'all call a peice o' paper that's innadouce only t' die inna the Senate... what's it called... A bill, right-special hoo daddy n' hoo momma! Where was I? right!, I don't care if I'll have to run over fellow elephants on my safari hunting trip to bring back bacon for Mississippians. But... I do see where you're comin' from. I ain't gonna make too many friends inna the Reepublican caucas 'ff I keep onna a 'pissin' 'em right on off y'all see.

I very much give a damn where this country's goin'. I see it goin' down the path of socialism n' commienism n' all sorts of 'isms that ain't good. Politiks is more o' a gloriifeed food fight. Sometimes they fight back! The damn bastards, they fuckin' BITE, no-me-sayin'?"

She took a long breather before sighting.

"But, mah bat'lles will need t' be picked on wisely. Raisin' pure ,one hunnded peercent hell wit the Whip o' the House Caucasian? Yeah that's well worth the earful that Dumbo gits me. I'm even able t' spinnit inna the local papers back home inna Cedar Grove 'DURANT VERBALLY MURDERS WHIP, STANDS UP FOR STATE'S RIGHTS' some kinnda headline like that. I'm all fer payin' a 'ttenion t' my districts needs, that's why they damn well elected me...uh.." She started counting on her fingers for a few before smiling broadly. "Three-no, four times! Y'all know the joke, math is hard, meth is easy...heh, heh heh... Hood-dawggie!

Well, that's good t' here that you don't rat on southerners. I mean, Dumbo is from the west, your from the north, so it ain't like y'all were onna the same side o' the civil war nor owe each some some dumb-ass favor or no shit like thats, nope bobby. But, I am an inna pendent vote 'gainst the damned whip. Free spirit n' all that shit. But..I do see how raisin' hell about every lil' ol issue there is, it becomes irritain' n'nn.. n' a tirin' fer all innavolved in that there shit-show that you stir on up when y'all gits to its. It sure as hell don't leave y'all manny frens onna the hill. Soon-er er later, the folks that you trust the most, the fellers inna yer constituency, even they turn on you. Sooner er later, primary challengers look stranger n' stranger, then..BAM, you end on up outta office n' onna thems streets cause you didn't listen t' yer constituents!"

Small tears streamed down her face, quickly dapped away with a nearby napkin. Her voice had gotten rather scratchy at nearly barking out the last bit, mostly driven by the fear of losing her job.

"...I..I don't wanna g'an back t' wash dishes, that's for damn sure. Then I 'ppose I best hold one of them 'town halls' 't better 'plain on my objection n' my vote 'gainst relife. But, I'll hold on off onna 'nnouncin' nothin' public yet. I'd rather the circus outside my home not g'an n' git e'een bigger y'know me sayin? I've been at this Congress shit for a long time, not as long as yer butts been representin' mainers, but still.. six er seven years is a long ol' time. Maybe, maybe next year I don't run. One thing I don't wanna end on up happenin' is me bein' a female (Not Strom Thurmond). One hunnded years is far too long inna politiks. My options fer Senate are limited, have t' wait 'nother four or five years 'fore those seats open up. I ain't too sure if I can g'an n' do it.. but... I will try my damndest inna what I dos a n'ws.

What I do now'll imma-pact my g'anin' 'an wit stuff. I don't really care if thems pundits say 'one more retirement spells trouble inna the mid-terms'. My ruby red district won't get no communist feller in there, that's well-right! Bein' at this game fer so long, it takes a hell-uva lot outta y'all. I might have it inna me for just one more term come '22. Inna '24, well I can't see that far inna the future, but I'll be 60 years old. That's plenty old to retire down to Cedar Grove, maybe have the grandkids over, git lil' Sharp n' focus on thems small things inna life. I'll g'an back n' say t' myself: "Max, y'all did good. Y'all served yer country inna the house. Y'all managed t' raise a good, Christan fearin' family, n' y'all did it wit a smile onna yer face...most o' the time."

Oh! Sorry if I'm a bit lon-winned, but life is a'complicated, that's for damn sure. Diane... I wanna thank y'all Diane fer bein' here. It might be small, but it does mean a somethin' that's for d- real sure. It's n' honest chat, woman t' woman. Very calmer than the mess that we call Capiitoll Hell."

Between all that there was to unpack from Maxine's talk with her, especially with the tears, Paulson took a moment to think. She calmly replied.

"I agree, I like these face-to-face meetings. It's good to get to know the person behind the vote a bit, it helps explain things and keep the peace."

"As long as you understand what I am trying to tell you, which I think you do, then I've said my piece when it comes to this."

"Now for the fun stuff. Are you on board with the idea of a concealed carry reciprocity bill? I'm trying to gauge if we have the votes to make it happen."

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 am

Madrinpoor wrote:
Frank Loloma <frankloloma24@gmail.com>
to William Rogers III

William,

Here is the first draft my staff came up with of the redistricting bill. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Frank.

(Image)
Nonpartisan And Representative Redistricting Act (NARRA)

A BILL
To create fair and representative congressional districts, and remove partisanship and gerrymandering from the redistricting process.

Sponsor: Frank Loloma (D-AZ-1)
Senate Sponsors:
House Sponsors:

SECTION 1: SHORT TITLE
    This Act may be cited as the "NARRA Act".

SECTION 2: REDISTRICTING
    a.) Definitions: For this section
    - Non-partisan means that the partisan makeup of the commission is not specified beforehand.

b.) Commissions: This act places the hands of redrawing congressional districts into 15-person nonpartisan commissions made up of legislative staff with no access to political, ethnic, or election data (including addresses of incumbents). There is also a 5-person advisory commission, which ensures that the commission did not use political or ethnic data, and that all maps are in compliance with this bill. Then, the bills are presented to the state legislatures and voted on. If the maps are not accepted, then the commission draws new ones. If the maps are turned down three times, the state's Supreme Court steps in. The members of the commissions cannot be lobbyists or civil servants, and their identity is to be a secret (such as that of an elector).

c.) Limitations: The congressional districts cannot number over 1,000,000 people* and must be continuous. There can be no isolated enclaves of one congressional district in another. The districts also must run along state lines.

d.) Decreases: If the population of a state decreases, and the state loses a congressional district, then the smallest district must be absorbed into a neighboring one.

e.) Redrawing existing districts: An existing district is to be redrawn if the population of a district has significantly shifted to another area, but is still in the state. If there is no significant shift, they are to remain the same. Districts can be renumbered without being renamed.

f.) Additions: If another district is to be added, it should be in an area of the most population growth, or an area where greater population warrants another district. They cannot take so many people into a new district that the old district is too small and must be redistricted.

*Unless the district is an at-large district, and the census has not occured yet.

SECTION 3: EXISTING DISTRICTS
    a.) Even if a district does not need to be changed under the census data, the districts are still to be redrawn in compliance with these new conditions.

To: Representative Frank Loloma
Subject: RE: Bill Draft

Representative Loloma,

I like what you have so far! How do you feel about adding a judicial appeals process for redistricting committee decisions? For instance, what if we made it so if the decisions of the commissions are able to be appealed in Federal District court. It’s just another way to add oversight.

Also, we’re going to need a definition of “legislative staff” as mentioned in § 2(b). I’m gonna be honest with you, I’m not sure exactly what you mean by that. We definitely do not want these people to be congressional legislative staff, if that’s what you’re getting at. That would be really problematic.

I’d like some clarity/expanded language in § 2(e). That provision is really going to be susceptible to judicial interference. Specifically, I think that state supreme courts will take vastly different interpretations of the word “significant.”

Finally, and probably most importantly, we need an enforcement provision. Right now, the bill has no teeth. There is no method to take action against a state that doesn’t follow the bill’s requirements. I’d like to add a Section that creates a federal civil court right of action that a resident of a state can file against a state government that does not follow the provisions of the law.

Again, great work. Let me know if you’d like me to draft up any of the changes I mentioned.

Sincerely,

William Scott Rogers III
United States Senator from Montana

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 am

Maxine blanketed her eyes with a napkin once more. Her posture in her chair certainly felt better. She took a moment to decompress with a few, well placed deep breaths.

" 'nnd in... aaannd out.... there we go. Max yer a fine woman. What was this 'boutta 'Gun Reciprocity legislation'? Y'all got my interest now don't ya. Now, as much as I love guns, I also love them state's rights. If them lee-beeral states such as Massachusetts don't wanna honor a CCP from the state o' Tennessee, they don't have'ta. I think our current system ain't broken no more, but when there is another lunatic with a gun that a good guy didn't git there t' stop in one o' 'em liberal citi-states like Illinois, then that's on the leeberal state. Don't go out n' punish the rest of us red states just 'cause you don't like the 'boom-boom' sound a .45 ACP pistol makes before it tears into human flesh or when yer huntin' wit yer pals n' what have all y'alls. I'm sure that feller from Wyomin' can attest to the good role that firearms play. Hell, I know you can just-as easily do it, given y'all don't represent them costal ee-leet-ists inna Maine's 1st. The 2nd's the rest o' the state n' it's large.

What we don't need after tragedy is gun control. What we need is thoughts n' prayers n' maybe even another constitutional Amendment that will shore up the 2nd Amendment. Actualy, with the Courts firmly onna our side, 'cept maybe (not John Roberts), then we'll be fine. From what I know, the Court only hears around three hunnded cases every year. Let's hope at least a few of 'em are onna the Second Amendment n' defendin' the good old NR of A, and the U.S of A! Maybe that mormon feller from Utah inna the Senate can hep us on out wit it. Wait. That's more symbolism to my gun shootin' rednecks rather than actual stuff that'll protect 'em. What I'll need t' do is, maybe work with y'all onna shorin' up gun rights against the communists that are on the 'other side of the aisle'.

Now, I don't got nothin' concrete yet, I've been busy arguin' against the relief bill with my constituents. Hours of shoutin' matches inna their phones. My poor ears, their poor ears."

She then pulls out a bag of cough drops for sore throats.

"I'm sure y'all can see what this means. My poor throats, their poor throats. Ha!..
Unfortunately, I haven't the time to draft on up any real legislation, but I do have at least one small idea floatin' right round my head. It might even git a vote or two from the Jackass Party! I am interested inna fairness, not all the time, but from time to time. Not in racial relationships, but with salary. What I'm thinkin' is a bill that'll make the pay rate between U.S Senators and U.S Representatives even, the exact same amount. 'round 150k to 165k is what I've been thinkin' off the toppa my head. It'll be a pay cut for them Senators n' we can even show some good will wit' thems American fellers that voted our asses inna Congress. I don't got concrete details, just a goddamned sticky note of an idea inna my head. If my constituents come on in my office with better ideas, I'll let you n' Dumbo know."
Maxine laughed at the last part.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Maxine blanketed her eyes with a napkin once more. Her posture in her chair certainly felt better. She took a moment to decompress with a few, well placed deep breaths.

" 'nnd in... aaannd out.... there we go. Max yer a fine woman. What was this 'boutta 'Gun Reciprocity legislation'? Y'all got my interest now don't ya. Now, as much as I love guns, I also love them state's rights. If them lee-beeral states such as Massachusetts don't wanna honor a CCP from the state o' Tennessee, they don't have'ta. I think our current system ain't broken no more, but when there is another lunatic with a gun that a good guy didn't git there t' stop in one o' 'em liberal citi-states like Illinois, then that's on the leeberal state. Don't go out n' punish the rest of us red states just 'cause you don't like the 'boom-boom' sound a .45 ACP pistol makes before it tears into human flesh or when yer huntin' wit yer pals n' what have all y'alls. I'm sure that feller from Wyomin' can attest to the good role that firearms play. Hell, I know you can just-as easily do it, given y'all don't represent them costal ee-leet-ists inna Maine's 1st. The 2nd's the rest o' the state n' it's large.

What we don't need after tragedy is gun control. What we need is thoughts n' prayers n' maybe even another constitutional Amendment that will shore up the 2nd Amendment. Actualy, with the Courts firmly onna our side, 'cept maybe (not John Roberts), then we'll be fine. From what I know, the Court only hears around three hunnded cases every year. Let's hope at least a few of 'em are onna the Second Amendment n' defendin' the good old NR of A, and the U.S of A! Maybe that mormon feller from Utah inna the Senate can hep us on out wit it. Wait. That's more symbolism to my gun shootin' rednecks rather than actual stuff that'll protect 'em. What I'll need t' do is, maybe work with y'all onna shorin' up gun rights against the communists that are on the 'other side of the aisle'.

Now, I don't got nothin' concrete yet, I've been busy arguin' against the relief bill with my constituents. Hours of shoutin' matches inna their phones. My poor ears, their poor ears."

She then pulls out a bag of cough drops for sore throats.

"I'm sure y'all can see what this means. My poor throats, their poor throats. Ha!..
Unfortunately, I haven't the time to draft on up any real legislation, but I do have at least one small idea floatin' right round my head. It might even git a vote or two from the Jackass Party! I am interested inna fairness, not all the time, but from time to time. Not in racial relationships, but with salary. What I'm thinkin' is a bill that'll make the pay rate between U.S Senators and U.S Representatives even, the exact same amount. 'round 150k to 165k is what I've been thinkin' off the toppa my head. It'll be a pay cut for them Senators n' we can even show some good will wit' thems American fellers that voted our asses inna Congress. I don't got concrete details, just a goddamned sticky note of an idea inna my head. If my constituents come on in my office with better ideas, I'll let you n' Dumbo know."
Maxine laughed at the last part.

Diane laughed with her, despite being a bit concerned over some of the content of what she said.

"You know what, if you feel like sending over the bill you mentioned some time, go right ahead."

"In turn, my staff will send you a copy of the concealed carry bill when we finish drafting it. I already have a rough outline; I tried getting this passed in 2019 but we couldn't make it work."

Diane checked her watch.

"Well, I'm running short on time, but it has been a pleasure meeting with you Representative. Please, never hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything around here in Congress."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:59 pm

TO: [Representative Earl Tenson]

SUBJECT: Chat over dinner?

Hey Earl,

We've not had a chance to sit down and have a chat since the new Congress took office, and I've got a few things I wouldn't mind going over with you on a foreign policy basis. Would you be open to sitting down to dinner with me somewhere decent in DC and talking it over with me? My treat.

Yours,

Carrie
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:15 pm

SUBJECT: Chat over dinner?

Hey Earl,

We've not had a chance to sit down and have a chat since the new Congress took office, and I've got a few things I wouldn't mind going over with you on a foreign policy basis. Would you be open to sitting down to dinner with me somewhere decent in DC and talking it over with me? My treat.

Yours,

Carrie

Earl was going through his emails when he saw the message from Simone. Despite their disagreements Earl had a quite a large amount of respect for his fellow representative, of course while they would never agree on domestic policy he appreciated her pushback against the increasingly dovish Democratic party on the foreign policy front.

To: Representative Caroline Simone

Sure thing. I'm free whenever.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Kargintinia wrote:Earl was going through his emails when he saw the message from Simone. Despite their disagreements Earl had a quite a large amount of respect for his fellow representative, of course while they would never agree on domestic policy he appreciated her pushback against the increasingly dovish Democratic party on the foreign policy front.

SUBJECT: RE:RE:Chat over dinner?

Hey,

I'm thinking Ambar, the Balkan place, on 8th St. SE. Not too far from the Capitol, should be an easy enough commute.

Yours,

Carrie
Neoliberal

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Kargintinia wrote:Earl was going through his emails when he saw the message from Simone. Despite their disagreements Earl had a quite a large amount of respect for his fellow representative, of course while they would never agree on domestic policy he appreciated her pushback against the increasingly dovish Democratic party on the foreign policy front.

SUBJECT: RE:RE:Chat over dinner?

Hey,

I'm thinking Ambar, the Balkan place, on 8th St. SE. Not too far from the Capitol, should be an easy enough commute.

Yours,

Carrie

Sounds good

After sending his message Earl donned his suit and set out for this restaurant. He was more of a chicken tenders and fries type than fine dining but if she was paying he had no opposition. When he arrived he waited patiently outside for his fellow Representative.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Kargintinia wrote:

Sounds good

After sending his message Earl donned his suit and set out for this restaurant. He was more of a chicken tenders and fries type than fine dining but if she was paying he had no opposition. When he arrived he waited patiently outside for his fellow Representative.

In fairness to Caroline, Ambar was not a fine dining joint, it was definitely more angled at the upper middle class. She preferred it that way - she generally found that fine dining establishments had too many ears. She'd still paid extra for some private dining space though, wanting to make sure that she and the Majority Whip could talk with confidence that there'd be no press chicanery on the like. Settling down at a table and having ordered a bottle of white wine, she'd arrange for Earl to be escorted up to her once he arrived, wearing a blue pantsuit that day.

Whenever Earl did arrive, she got up to greet him, going to shake his hand, "Earl, I'm glad you could come talk to me at such short notice."
Neoliberal

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Everson Boyd
@HeartlandProgressive
boyd.senate.gov | Wyoming, WI

I've been talking about a progressive fightback a while now. Soon, we're going to make it happen.

To: All members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus

Hello all,

I would like to meet you all soon in order to discuss our plans for the Wisconsin Senate race and the 2022 Midterms as a whole. We need to really take the iniative here if we are to succeed in the task that lies ahead.

Most sincerely,
Everson Boyd
Representative of Wisconsin's 3rd District (1997-)
This is Emazia's puppet, will be main soon.

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:15 pm

Kargintinia wrote:

Sounds good

In fairness to Caroline, Ambar was not a fine dining joint, it was definitely more angled at the upper middle class. She preferred it that way - she generally found that fine dining establishments had too many ears. She'd still paid extra for some private dining space though, wanting to make sure that she and the Majority Whip could talk with confidence that there'd be no press chicanery on the like. Settling down at a table and having ordered a bottle of white wine, she'd arrange for Earl to be escorted up to her once he arrived, wearing a blue pantsuit that day.

Whenever Earl did arrive, she got up to greet him, going to shake his hand, "Earl, I'm glad you could come talk to me at such short notice."

Earl put on a cordial smile when he saw his counterpart. "Caroline, it's my pleasure." He returned the handshake and took his seat. "It's been quite a week in Washington. I just hope America is ready for it's tax credits." Earl joked.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Kargintinia wrote:Earl put on a cordial smile when he saw his counterpart. "Caroline, it's my pleasure." He returned the handshake and took his seat. "It's been quite a week in Washington. I just hope America is ready for it's tax credits." Earl joked.

Having vivid flashbacks to last year's campaigning, she gave a warm laugh at that, scratching her chin before sitting back down, "If they can get past Deborah Feyrer, of course. This relief business is going to go south real fast if anything crops up to threaten any negotiations between the Majority Leader and the President."
Neoliberal

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Kargintinia wrote:Earl put on a cordial smile when he saw his counterpart. "Caroline, it's my pleasure." He returned the handshake and took his seat. "It's been quite a week in Washington. I just hope America is ready for it's tax credits." Earl joked.

Having vivid flashbacks to last year's campaigning, she gave a warm laugh at that, scratching her chin before sitting back down, "If they can get past Deborah Feyrer, of course. This relief business is going to go south real fast if anything crops up to threaten any negotiations between the Majority Leader and the President."

"I will admit, I have not been keeping up much with Senate negotiations, but I do know I've had to crack down the whip on certain members. You know what it's like to deal with troublesome Representatives I'm sure." He decided to fill his glass with alcohol as he shook his head. "So I suppose you wish to get too the reason we are meeting?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:04 pm

Kargintinia wrote:"I will admit, I have not been keeping up much with Senate negotiations, but I do know I've had to crack down the whip on certain members. You know what it's like to deal with troublesome Representatives I'm sure." He decided to fill his glass with alcohol as he shook his head. "So I suppose you wish to get too the reason we are meeting?"

Mirthful laughter followed again as she recalled yes, how difficult it was to get the Democratic caucus united. She had her concerns about how the new Minority Leader was handling things, and she hoped she wouldn't be forced to step in from behind the scenes to help.

"Yes, I wanted to ask a few questions about some foreign policy questions. I've not gotten a very clear vision from the Administration, I know he wants to go hard on China, and I know that the Wolf-Tawney Administration left us with that Afghanistan 'deal'..." She said deal in a particularly perjorative manner, "Do you know the Speaker's thoughts on it?"
Neoliberal

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:12 pm

Kargintinia wrote:"I will admit, I have not been keeping up much with Senate negotiations, but I do know I've had to crack down the whip on certain members. You know what it's like to deal with troublesome Representatives I'm sure." He decided to fill his glass with alcohol as he shook his head. "So I suppose you wish to get too the reason we are meeting?"

Mirthful laughter followed again as she recalled yes, how difficult it was to get the Democratic caucus united. She had her concerns about how the new Minority Leader was handling things, and she hoped she wouldn't be forced to step in from behind the scenes to help.

"Yes, I wanted to ask a few questions about some foreign policy questions. I've not gotten a very clear vision from the Administration, I know he wants to go hard on China, and I know that the Wolf-Tawney Administration left us with that Afghanistan 'deal'..." She said deal in a particularly perjorative manner, "Do you know the Speaker's thoughts on it?"

"As far as I know Thomas is mostly in support of the deal. I certainly have my misgivings with it, mainly that the withdrawal is much too soon and quite frankly, don't really trust a jihadi organization that has had previous ties to Al-Qaeda."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse