NATION

PASSWORD

America the Beautiful: An American Political RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
"Well you know I was the Chair of our Campaign Committee way back when, so I always like to see it when someone knows what they're talking about comes along."

Rogers smiled, accepting the compliment.

"Well thanks. I at least think I know what I'm talking about. I'd think a lot of my formula that I won with in Montana could be replicated in Texas someday too. Y'know, being a candidate who leaned into their strong rural cultural identity and tied it into a more universal pro-worker, pro-farmer Democratic message...it worked for me back home, and I think it's a good strategy for Democrats in currently-red western states as a whole."

"Any other states you'd have in mind for that kind of strategy?" Hertzog asked while taking a sip of his coffee, which at this point had started going a little cold.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:13 am

New Cobastheia wrote:"Good to hear we're all in agreement then," Benjamin piped up, "Now, I was hoping to talk with each of you privately while my wonderful wife has been gracious enough to come along and give some company to whoever I'm not with-"

"Ben, you're making it sound like I've never done this before," Matilda cut him off in a joking tone, "I've been told I make great conversation."

Ben chuckled in response while squeezing his wife's hand, "Either of you have a preference for who goes first?"

Natasha looked at Hertzog, then to Boyd before asking the Congressman, “Ladies first?”, an almost playful look on her face.
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:39 am

Yaruqo wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:"Good to hear we're all in agreement then," Benjamin piped up, "Now, I was hoping to talk with each of you privately while my wonderful wife has been gracious enough to come along and give some company to whoever I'm not with-"

"Ben, you're making it sound like I've never done this before," Matilda cut him off in a joking tone, "I've been told I make great conversation."

Ben chuckled in response while squeezing his wife's hand, "Either of you have a preference for who goes first?"

Natasha looked at Hertzog, then to Boyd before asking the Congressman, “Ladies first?”, an almost playful look on her face.

Boyd chuckled, and said politely, "Of course, you can go first if you'd like."
This is Emazia's puppet, will be main soon.

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:15 am

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:
The Sarangtus Lands wrote:Boyd Town Hall, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

"Hello, Eau Claire, and hello, Wisconsin! I'm Everson Boyd, I'm running for U.S. Senate to keep Nate Richardson accountable and protect our system of checks and balances. If we allow a Republican to win, Nate Richardson will govern like Deb Feyrer and maxine Durant would want, not like Wisconsin would want. I will ensure common sense solutions as Senator, and reach across the aisle to work with the Republicans wherever we can without compromising our core principles of decency, justice and equity.

With that in mind, I would like to take all of your questions and hear out your concerns, as I believe one of the most important tasks of a politician is to listen to their constituents."

A young woman, adorned in a outfit seemingly that of a maid, with short hair dyed red, stood up.

"I'm a student at UWEC, and like, I think it's super umm...important, that the rights of oppressed minorities, trans, pansexual, queer, lesbian, gay, demisexual, Asian and pacific islander, and other LGBTQIA+ community members as well as females and Latinos in this country are very important. Like, I don't think that President Richardson has a like, ummm..., the power to like, not let Latinos into the country. I think it's a human right of every person on our planet to be able to enter the US and live a good like, life. And like, what would you do about the oppression of minorities by white people in this country, and like, what would you do end White privilege and protect like, my rights as a LGBTQIA+ person?"

"I will personally work to pass the Equality Act, if not now, then after 2022. See, folks, this is why you need to vote for me. As I said earlier, I'll hold Richardson accountable and prevent any assaults to LGBT rights, to minority rights and to civil rights more broadly. I've been defending civil rights for the past 40 years, and I'll keep defending them as Senator."

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:24 am

"Time to Act", Gauthier for Senate Campaign Ad Aired in Rural and Urban WI Media Markets

[news reels about the recession and its impact start to play]
"Wisconsin is no stranger to hardship," Gauthier says as the scene transitions to her walking through Grover Heights in Milwaukee. "Automation. Recession. Trade wars. All of this while the cost of living goes up and wages remain stagnant, making it harder for hardworking Wisconsin families to make a living that permits them to do more than survive paycheck-to-paycheck."
[local news postings about how Wisconsin farmers spend more than other farmers, rise in rent prices in various cities around Wisconsin hover by Gauthier as she continues to walk through the neighborhood]
"Republicans would have us continue the same policies that ignore the climate crisis and its effects on our communities and farmlands, all while insisting that there is no need to increase the minimum wage, that Wisconsin families can continue to pay the price for their turning a blind eye in the interests of the ultra wealthy and large corporations that don't pay their fair share."
[more local news postings, this time about the various extremes in weather Wisconsin had recently faced, and some national news postings analyzing the negative effects of the Wolf tax cuts]
"As your Attorney General and as District Attorney of Milwaukee County, I have fought to make our legal system more just, I have investigated and pressed charges against those who would poison our communities recklessly and with no regard to your health and safety, and have prosecuted those who would bring senseless violence to our neighborhoods. I am a woman of action, and I will continue to act in the interests of Wisconsin if I am elected to be your next Senator."
[more local news clippings about Gauthier's achievements as Attorney General of Wisconsin and District Attorney of Milwaukee hover by her as she brings up her resume]
"I will introduce legislation that would expand your access to affordable healthcare, raise the minimum wage, boost Made in America manufacturing union jobs here in Wisconsin, address the climate crisis head-on, and invest in Wisconsin infrastructure so that your families and products can travel efficiently and quickly. The time to act, Wisconsin, is now. Vote for Gauthier, and we'll get Washington acting in our interests again."

[My name is Natasha Gauthier, and I approve this message.]

"Forward", a Gauthier for Senate Campaign Ad Aired in Urban and Suburban Media Markets

[footage of Gauthier interacting with voters and supporters plays throughout the whole ad, accompanied by a voice over]
"Our country faces a turning point: do we continue to uphold a status quo that disenfranchises, discriminates, and disadvantages millions of Americans? Or do we embrace an America where, no matter who you are or who you love, you can rest easy knowing that you have equal protection under the law, where 'opportunity' is not only within reach, but boundless?

"Natasha Gauthier would vote for the Equality Act to protect LGBT Wisconsinites from discrimination, introduce legislation that would expand the Voting Rights Act to make voting easier for American citizens, and would introduce legislation that will bring good paying union jobs back to Wisconsin. Natasha Gauthier would introduce legislation that would make community college and trade schools free for low-income students, opening up career paths to millions of Americans, all while ensuring that the super wealthy pay their fair share, and no middle class or working class taxes are raised.

"This special election, vote for Natasha Gauthier, a tried and proven advocate for Wisconsinites, in the Democratic primary, and together, we will move America forward."
[My name is Natasha Gauthier, and I approve this message.]
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:25 am

New Cobastheia wrote:"I thought you might say that." Hertzog said taking a sip from his glass, "I'd assume you have some opinions on what should be done too."

"Mm. He won't take well to a direct threat, and the last thing we need is him going rogue. A degree of subtlety is needed. Subtlety and yet firmness. He's won a couple of very cushy committee spots. Committee spots that go to people who're loyal. Not saying we act on them yet, but it should be made implicit that your position in the caucus depends on your willingness to maintain party unity."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:28 am

"Hello, Eau Claire, and hello, Wisconsin! I'm Everson Boyd, I'm running for U.S. Senate to keep Nate Richardson accountable and protect our system of checks and balances. If we allow a Republican to win, Nate Richardson will govern like Deb Feyrer and maxine Durant would want, not like Wisconsin would want. I will ensure common sense solutions as Senator, and reach across the aisle to work with the Republicans wherever we can without compromising our core principles of decency, justice and equity.

With that in mind, I would like to take all of your questions and hear out your concerns, as I believe one of the most important tasks of a politician is to listen to their constituents."

A gruff-looking agricultural type rose up to speak, his gaze narrowing somewhat, "Why're you talking about stuff like equity? That comes from the same playbook as 'white privilege' and things like that. Now I'm still a registered Democrat but I don't like all this pandering to the woke lobby from Democrats lately. How can you show me you're a candidate who'll tackle real American problems rather than imposing a culture shift on our society?"
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:05 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:

A gruff-looking agricultural type rose up to speak, his gaze narrowing somewhat, "Why're you talking about stuff like equity? That comes from the same playbook as 'white privilege' and things like that. Now I'm still a registered Democrat but I don't like all this pandering to the woke lobby from Democrats lately. How can you show me you're a candidate who'll tackle real American problems rather than imposing a culture shift on our society?"

"My record has been about fighting for ordinary people. I sponsored the Affordable Care Act which expanded healthcare access to 16 million Americans, and I continued to fight for a public option to ensure that everyone is able to get healthcare. As President for the National Farmers' Union, I spoke to the American heartland, and I'll keep speaking. I'll fight for increased rural access to broadband, I'll work to tackle unemployment through large-scale infrastructure building, and I will resist any attempt, any at all, by the Republican Party to attack Social Security, to attack the Affordable Care Act and to attack food stamps. I have always stood, and will continue to stand for, the interests of the American people. For example, recently I put an amendment to the American Relief Act to increase funding for the VA by $5 billion, along with ensuring that all children could eat a healthy meal at school and get relief to family farms. If nothing else, trust me because I am cut from the same cloth as ordinary Americans. I am not cut from the cloth of a politician or of a lobbyist; my father was a farmer, my mother was a teacher, and I worked two jobs before I could get into university. Trust me, because I am like you, I have stood for you, and I will keep standing for you."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Alozia wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:
The Office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.

Monday 8th February, 2021

“You’re welcome, Congressman. Thank you for requesting this meeting in the first place.” The Speaker replied cordially, firmly shaking the New Jerseyite’s hand, before then extending his own hand towards the chair opposite his desk.

“Please, have a seat Congressman.”

Following the instruction Joe sat in the slightly uncomfortable chair before speaking. "Once again, thank you for meeting with me, Mr. Speaker. I wanted to see you because I noticed that the Equality Act is not on the House agenda and I'm wondering if I could convince you to put it on it. As you might be aware, this is an important piece of legislation for me as I am its sponsor in this Congress, so I especially hope that we can come to an understanding."

After Abrahms sat down, the Speaker moved around to his side of the desk before sitting down himself. As the New Jerseyite made his case, Volker listened intently, nodding along at certain points. Admittedly, Thomas sympathised with the Congressman’s position. After all, the situation marked much of the Missourian’s early career in the House, particularly those days after his endorsement of (Not-Buchanan) back in ‘96 that saw him almost bereft of sympathies in the House Republican leadership. As the Representative came to his conclusion, Volker then responded.

“Well I’m certainly open to coming to an understanding on this issue. Is there anything in particular that you have considered in exchange for the Equality Act being placed on the agenda?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:46 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:
Rogers smiled, accepting the compliment.

"Well thanks. I at least think I know what I'm talking about. I'd think a lot of my formula that I won with in Montana could be replicated in Texas someday too. Y'know, being a candidate who leaned into their strong rural cultural identity and tied it into a more universal pro-worker, pro-farmer Democratic message...it worked for me back home, and I think it's a good strategy for Democrats in currently-red western states as a whole."

"Any other states you'd have in mind for that kind of strategy?" Hertzog asked while taking a sip of his coffee, which at this point had started going a little cold.

“On the easier end…Colorado, Nevada, generally the Western swing states. But it might even be helpful in places like Idaho, or the Dakotas, or even some of Appalachia.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Helliniki Katastasis
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Helliniki Katastasis » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Kargintinia wrote:

NYC Public Advocate A.J. Payne
Mayoral Candidacy Announcement Speech
Queens, Jamaica
New York City, New York

A.J. entered the stage to cheering volunteers, they held signs stating "A City for Us All". A.J. waved and shook hands with the members of the crowd in the very front. He moved towards the podium and prepared to speak before the large crowd.

"Good evening Jamaica! Good evening New York!

I look before me and see so many wonderful people. When I was Pastor at my church I always considered everyone in the parish to be my brothers and sisters. And now I see all of you as my brothers and sisters. During my four years as Public Advocate I have consistently been so impressed with how many different, unique and amazing people live in this city. And that's what my campaign is all about. Making New York City a City for all of our people. A City for Us All.

What is A City or Us All exactly? It means economic justice, NYPD accountability, an end to gun violence, and a better life for all of us. And I have decided that this shall happen, thus I am officially announcing today I will be seeking the Democratic nomination for New York City mayor!

I have been appalled by the conditions I have seen our brothers and sisters living in. As Mayor I will expand public housing and finally get the funding into it that it deserves. I will make sure that every citizen of this city has the proper living conditions that the world's greatest city can provide. I will ensure all citizens of New York have proper access to Medicare and Medicaid Like they say in Proverbs: Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him. It is time for true economic justice in this city, no longer must me tolerate our brothers and sisters living in such conditions.

It is time for the New York City Police Department to be held up to proper standards. Words do not describe what I felt when I saw our brother (Not-Eric Garner) brutally murdered by the people who are supposed to keep us safe. It is unacceptable for officers of the law to abuse their position to murder young men without reason, especially black men. As Mayor I will take the Police Unions head on and put an end to this violent murders. Qualified immunity needs to come to an end. Chokeholds must be banned. We must have true accountability for those in uniform whose job is to protect the citizens of the city, not take their lives needlessly.

Far too many communities, especially black and Hispanic, have been plagued by gun violence in this city. I have seen so many mothers, siblings, and friends devastated by the loss of a loved one to a gun. I will implement voluntary buyback programs to get guns off our streets, and implement laws to help limit the carry of handguns through the streets. I will firmly say now the NRA does NOT hold power in this city, and I will do whatever it takes to bring an end to the staggering amount of gun murders in this city.

We have a Governor who is said to be a Democrat but uses rhetoric against our immigrant brothers and sisters straight from the Arnold Wolf playbook. As Mayor I will stand up to Mick Doherty and tell him that our cities' immigrant communities will not be terrorized by Albany. While ICE needs to be abolished nationwide, as Mayor I will do whatever I can to make sure this organization does not prey on New York City's population. I ask how this Governor can claim to stand for racial and policing justice when he throws immigrants under the bus like he does. New York City was built by immigrants, for immigrants and I plan to keep it that way.

As I look around, I see plenty of New Yorkers ready for a new future. A future where we have a City for Us All. That's why I ask you to join me. I am seeking the Democratic nomination for Mayor to help all of my brothers and sisters throughout this great city. Together, we can make this City greater than ever before. God Bless you all, and God Bless the City of New York!"

Doherty, at his desk on the phone with an old friend from Danby, laughed as he watched the clip on CNN.

"Sounds like I hit a nerve" he muttered. Jotting down a few notes on a post-it note that read;

AJ PAYNE - NYC CAND.
"STAND UP TO MICK DOHERTY, PROTECT IMM. BROS & SIS."
CALL (advisor), DISCUSS

"Fucking Christ, the guy seems to want the old (Cumo) vs (DeBlasio) fued dialed up to ten..."

He considered firing off a passive aggressive tweet, but decided against - for now.

Picking up the phone, Doherty had a few things on his mind. Dialing the number of a certain former Speaker, he waited for the other end to come to life.
Center-Right New Yorker, Glenn Youngkin 2024
America the Beautiful Political RP Characters -
Governor Mick Doherty (D-NY)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Kargintinia wrote:

NYC Public Advocate A.J. Payne
Mayoral Candidacy Announcement Speech
Queens, Jamaica
New York City, New York

A.J. entered the stage to cheering volunteers, they held signs stating "A City for Us All". A.J. waved and shook hands with the members of the crowd in the very front. He moved towards the podium and prepared to speak before the large crowd.

"Good evening Jamaica! Good evening New York!

I look before me and see so many wonderful people. When I was Pastor at my church I always considered everyone in the parish to be my brothers and sisters. And now I see all of you as my brothers and sisters. During my four years as Public Advocate I have consistently been so impressed with how many different, unique and amazing people live in this city. And that's what my campaign is all about. Making New York City a City for all of our people. A City for Us All.

What is A City or Us All exactly? It means economic justice, NYPD accountability, an end to gun violence, and a better life for all of us. And I have decided that this shall happen, thus I am officially announcing today I will be seeking the Democratic nomination for New York City mayor!

I have been appalled by the conditions I have seen our brothers and sisters living in. As Mayor I will expand public housing and finally get the funding into it that it deserves. I will make sure that every citizen of this city has the proper living conditions that the world's greatest city can provide. I will ensure all citizens of New York have proper access to Medicare and Medicaid Like they say in Proverbs: Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him. It is time for true economic justice in this city, no longer must me tolerate our brothers and sisters living in such conditions.

It is time for the New York City Police Department to be held up to proper standards. Words do not describe what I felt when I saw our brother (Not-Eric Garner) brutally murdered by the people who are supposed to keep us safe. It is unacceptable for officers of the law to abuse their position to murder young men without reason, especially black men. As Mayor I will take the Police Unions head on and put an end to this violent murders. Qualified immunity needs to come to an end. Chokeholds must be banned. We must have true accountability for those in uniform whose job is to protect the citizens of the city, not take their lives needlessly.

Far too many communities, especially black and Hispanic, have been plagued by gun violence in this city. I have seen so many mothers, siblings, and friends devastated by the loss of a loved one to a gun. I will implement voluntary buyback programs to get guns off our streets, and implement laws to help limit the carry of handguns through the streets. I will firmly say now the NRA does NOT hold power in this city, and I will do whatever it takes to bring an end to the staggering amount of gun murders in this city.

We have a Governor who is said to be a Democrat but uses rhetoric against our immigrant brothers and sisters straight from the Arnold Wolf playbook. As Mayor I will stand up to Mick Doherty and tell him that our cities' immigrant communities will not be terrorized by Albany. While ICE needs to be abolished nationwide, as Mayor I will do whatever I can to make sure this organization does not prey on New York City's population. I ask how this Governor can claim to stand for racial and policing justice when he throws immigrants under the bus like he does. New York City was built by immigrants, for immigrants and I plan to keep it that way.

As I look around, I see plenty of New Yorkers ready for a new future. A future where we have a City for Us All. That's why I ask you to join me. I am seeking the Democratic nomination for Mayor to help all of my brothers and sisters throughout this great city. Together, we can make this City greater than ever before. God Bless you all, and God Bless the City of New York!"

Doherty, at his desk on the phone with an old friend from Danby, laughed as he watched the clip on CNN.

"Sounds like I hit a nerve" he muttered. Jotting down a few notes on a post-it note that read;

AJ PAYNE - NYC CAND.
CALL (advisor), DISCUSS

"Fucking Christ, the guy seems to want the old (Cumo) vs (DeBlasio) fued dialed up to ten..."

He considered firing off a passive aggressive tweet, but decided against - for now.

Picking up the phone, Doherty had a few things on his mind. Dialing the number of a certain former Speaker, he waited for the other end to come to life.

The phone was picked up by Christian, Caroline's loyal and long serving secretary.

"This is Representative Simone's office. Who may I say is calling?"
Neoliberal

Helliniki Katastasis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helliniki Katastasis » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:10 pm

AJ PAYNE - NYC CAND.
CALL (advisor), DISCUSS

The phone was picked up by Christian, Caroline's loyal and long serving secretary.

"This is Representative Simone's office. Who may I say is calling?"

"Governor Doherty" he said, taking a sip of water.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:23 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"Governor Doherty" he said, taking a sip of water.

"Ah, I'm so sorry, Governor. Since we moved back over to the office buildings and out of the Capitol, the phones are all different. I'll put you through."

There's a brief pause as the transfer is managed, and Christian informs the former Speaker of her caller, before Caroline comes onto the line.

"Mr. Governor, what can I do for you today?"
Neoliberal

Helliniki Katastasis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helliniki Katastasis » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"Governor Doherty" he said, taking a sip of water.

"Ah, I'm so sorry, Governor. Since we moved back over to the office buildings and out of the Capitol, the phones are all different. I'll put you through."

There's a brief pause as the transfer is managed, and Christian informs the former Speaker of her caller, before Caroline comes onto the line.

"Mr. Governor, what can I do for you today?"

"Please, call me Mick. I was wondering about a few things I'd like to ask you about. First off, how's it going out in Wisconsin? Seems like there's still momentum to gain out there."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"Please, call me Mick. I was wondering about a few things I'd like to ask you about. First off, how's it going out in Wisconsin? Seems like there's still momentum to gain out there."

"Well, I'm throwing the kitchen sink at it, but it's still nebulous because the primaries haven't wrapped up. Once we've got clear candidates, the battle lines will come into focus. I'm confident we can pull off a win, it's just about running the right campaign."
Neoliberal

Helliniki Katastasis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helliniki Katastasis » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:04 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"Please, call me Mick. I was wondering about a few things I'd like to ask you about. First off, how's it going out in Wisconsin? Seems like there's still momentum to gain out there."

"Well, I'm throwing the kitchen sink at it, but it's still nebulous because the primaries haven't wrapped up. Once we've got clear candidates, the battle lines will come into focus. I'm confident we can pull off a win, it's just about running the right campaign."

"Of course. From my perspective, it should be fairly winnable. We have to find the right balance. Get people like Maxine Durant and Deb Freyer in the spotlight, get some substantial attacks in on the policies, and try to run up the numbers in a place like Madison or Milwaukee. Personally, I think we'd have a better chance with Gauthier than Boyd. I'd love to know which of the two you prefer, our your problems with either."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"Of course. From my perspective, it should be fairly winnable. We have to find the right balance. Get people like Maxine Durant and Deb Freyer in the spotlight, get some substantial attacks in on the policies, and try to run up the numbers in a place like Madison or Milwaukee. Personally, I think we'd have a better chance with Gauthier than Boyd. I'd love to know which of the two you prefer, our your problems with either."

"I'm inclined towards Gauthier. Boyd's a hothead presence in the House caucus and the fact he's not said something too damaging so far is, I suppose, creditable, but there's a laundry list there for the GOP to pull up on. People'll believe that he's a socialist. Gauthier's already won statewide office. She can do it again." Caroline remarked in a dispassionate assessment of the fight.
Neoliberal

Helliniki Katastasis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Helliniki Katastasis » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:10 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"Of course. From my perspective, it should be fairly winnable. We have to find the right balance. Get people like Maxine Durant and Deb Freyer in the spotlight, get some substantial attacks in on the policies, and try to run up the numbers in a place like Madison or Milwaukee. Personally, I think we'd have a better chance with Gauthier than Boyd. I'd love to know which of the two you prefer, our your problems with either."

"I'm inclined towards Gauthier. Boyd's a hothead presence in the House caucus and the fact he's not said something too damaging so far is, I suppose, creditable, but there's a laundry list there for the GOP to pull up on. People'll believe that he's a socialist. Gauthier's already won statewide office. She can do it again." Caroline remarked in a dispassionate assessment of the fight.

"I take it you're not very satisfied in either?"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:"I take it you're not very satisfied in either?"

"No, no, I like Gauthier. I've spoken with her, she's nice, she's driven. I think she's a strong candidate."
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:28 am

Benjamin Hertzog
@SenBenHertzog
Michigan | democraticleader.senate.gov

The ARA passing Congress and being signed into law is a good start, but it's nowhere near the last thing we're planning on getting through the Senate as long as we hold the Majority.
If it wasn't for @WSRIIISenate and @JackVichter, Democratic priorities like $1,400 direct checks, funding for infrastructure in left behind and rural communities around the country, and funding for the Blue Dot network to counter China's Blue and Road wouldn't of been in the bill before it hit the docket.
If it wasn't for Democrats in the House there wouldn't of been an amendment inserted into the ARA that'll prevent corrupt officials from using the relief funds for their own benefits, if it wasn't for the Democrats in the Senate there wouldn't of been an amendment inserted into the ARA that increases the Child Tax Credit and puts more funding into Medicaid and the VA.
Next up on our agenda are passing bills to raise the Minimum Wage to a living wage, to strengthen Unions after Republicans have spent the last two decades chipping away at them, and to deal with the Housing Crisis, and that's not even mentioning our bills in the works right now to address the Healthcare and Infrastructure Crises.
#Wisconsin, if you want a Senate that works for this country, that'll fight for communities that have been left behind, that'll fight off the worst impulses of a Republican President and House then #VoteBlue so we can #GetItDone

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:29 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
(Image)
Benjamin Hertzog
@SenBenHertzog

The ARA passing Congress and being signed into law is a good start, but it's nowhere near the last thing we're planning on getting through the Senate as long as we hold the Majority.
If it wasn't for @WSRIIISenate and @JackVichter, Democratic priorities like $1,400 direct checks, funding for infrastructure in left behind and rural communities around the country, and funding for the Blue Dot network to counter China's Blue and Road wouldn't of been in the bill before it hit the docket.
If it wasn't for Democrats in the House there wouldn't of been an amendment inserted into the ARA that'll prevent corrupt officials from using the relief funds for their own benefits, if it wasn't for the Democrats in the Senate there wouldn't of been an amendment inserted into the ARA that increases the Child Tax Credit and puts more funding into Medicaid and the VA.
Next up on our agenda are passing bills to raise the Minimum Wage to a living wage, to strengthen Unions after Republicans have spent the last two decades chipping away at them, and to deal with the Housing Crisis, and that's not even mentioning our bills in the works right now to address the Healthcare and Infrastructure Crises.
#Wisconsin, if you want a Senate that works for this country, that'll fight for communities that have been left behind, that'll fight off the worst impulses of a Republican President and House then #VoteBlue so we can #GetItDone

Liked and retweeted by @SpeakerSimone and @SenatorObradovic.
Neoliberal

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:45 am

CNN
@CNN

BREAKING Vast areas in Texas have lost electricity due to the winter storm - the grid operator is estimating as many as 3 million households are without power, with many more at risk of losing power and heat.

New Cobastheia wrote:
(Image)
Benjamin Hertzog
@SenBenHertzog

Liked and Retweeted by @JackVichter

Jack Vichter
@JackVichter
Record temperatures are being shattered across the country. Almost three in four Americans are experiencing the effects of this devastating cold wave. Take shelter, stay safe and follow local advice! Flights are grounded in a great many cities, meaning I will be stuck here in DC and unable to attend scheduled events in Iowa this weekend. However, my office is using our virtual presence to the fullest! Visit https://www.vichter.senate.gov/meetjack/ for the full calendar.

Jack Vichter
@JackVichter
Joining a few of my colleagues here in DC conducting telephone welfare checks for seniors across the country with a particular emphasis in Iowa and Texas who are battered the hardest this week.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Cybernetic Socialist Republics
Minister

Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 am

To: Senator Everitt Colbert

Senator Colbert,

This is Serah Kurian's Chief of Staff Felicity Lee messaging you on behalf of Representative Serah Kurian.

She wanted you to know that she'll still be in Congress regardless of how the Wisconsin special election plays out. The only question is if it'll be as your colleague in the Senate or not.

Probably something you should keep in mind.

Regards,

-The Chief of Staff of Representative Kurian, Felicity Lee

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:56 am

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

“On the easier end…Colorado, Nevada, generally the Western swing states. But it might even be helpful in places like Idaho, or the Dakotas, or even some of Appalachia.”

"Mmm, maybe ask Vichter about if he thinks that'd be something that could help us in Iowa next year, but right now we already have incumbents in Colorado and Nevada and Idaho, the Dakotas, and Appalachia might be a bit to far out of reach, maybe Missouri though if the race there becomes competitive."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse