NATION

PASSWORD

America the Beautiful: An American Political RP (Congress)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:25 pm

United States House of Representatives
[b]Representative Caroline Simone
[Democratic - 12th District of the State of New York]

"Mr. Speaker, I move to proceed with the docket."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:34 pm

House Majority Whip Earl Tenson (R-MT-At-Large)

"Mr. Speaker, I object. I motion for the House to take up the Endless Frontier Act.”

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:44 pm

Kargintinia wrote:United States House of Representatives

"Mr. Speaker, I object. I motion for the House to take up the Endless Frontier Act.”

Representative Oliver Miller [D-KS-3]

“Mr. Speaker, point of order. Do the rules allow a member to object and then submit a motion when this chamber has not proceeded with or dismissed the motion a member objects to?”
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:United States House of Representatives
[b]Representative Caroline Simone

"Mr. Speaker, I move to proceed with the docket."

United States House of Representative
Representative Phillip Crawford (D-KY3)
Chair of the House Democratic Caucus

"Seconded."
Die nasty!!111

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 am

United States Senate
Ms. Eliza LeBlanc Wolf [R-FL]
{Nominee for United States Ambassador to the United Nations}

"Thank you Mr. Chairman."

"In the aftermath of World War II, the international community came together to form a body that'd work to maintain international peace and security, to develop friendly relationships between nations, to foster international cooperation, and to serve as a center for the human unity. That body, of course, is the United Nations. Since its establishment, our Ambassador to the UN has more often than not become the face of our country to the world, working with nations from around the world towards those goals on a direct level. It was an honor to be nominated by President Richardson and it'd be an even greater honor to serve in the office if confirmed and continue in that tradition."

"I was born in Lawrence, Massachusetts, a working-class town with people who came from all over the world to make a better life for themselves and their children. My Dad was a French-Canadian-American and my Mom immigrated here with her family from Lebanon in the 1930s. All the while I grew up going to school with kids from the Dominican Republic and Vietnam. I saw the American Dream in real-time, from when my parents worked at the mill to when we moved to Portland, Maine and they'd found their own business there and it inspired me to be the best woman I could be as I reached adulthood."

"When it came time to start my career, I decided I wanted to help people achieve the American Dream, and that'd eventually lead me to politics. I'd become a member of Governor [not-McKernan]'s staff, working to make Maine's economy competitive in the new and then-emerging global economy, before I'd end up elected to the Maine Senate and eventually serving as the President of the Maine Senate. I'd first get my hands on diplomatic work during my time as a State Senator, pushing for stronger relations between the Maritimes in Canada and Maine. I'd first shake hands with a foreign official during my time as President of the State Senate while meeting with the Premiers of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island with then-Governor [not-King]."

"After leaving the State Senate, I'd start a career in business that'd see me once again meet and work with several foreign officials, once again in the Maritimes during my time as CEO of Verte Renewables when we branched out into the region, and with many officials in the Caribbean when dealing with my LLC's property. As my Husband took up a job on Fox News that saw us move to DC, I took up philanthropy. I had made my American Dream come true, I went from a working-class girl to an independently wealthy woman. I decided that I wanted to continue helping others get a little bit closer to reaching their own version of the American Dream."

"And then, of course, I ended up becoming the First Lady in 2017 and during my time in that role, I would represent our nation around the world, whether to various heads of state and heads of government or when helping to negotiate the USMCA or the Abraham Accords. But that's enough about me. When looking at my record it's clear that I know how to represent our nation to other nations and I know how to get the kind of deal that we'd want and/or like. In my opinion, I'm ready to take on the Ambassadorship and I'm ready to represent our great nation with in the United Nations."

"Thank you."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:44 am

United States Senate Committee of the Whole
Senator Eugene Obradovic
[Democratic - State of Illinois]
{Chairman of the United States Senate Committee of the Whole}

"Thank you, Mrs. LeBlanc Wolf. The Committee is now free to ask the nominee questions. I shall start with a few of my own."

"Mrs. LeBlanc Wolf, what is your position on the Mexico City policy, that is the gag rule that requires non-governmental organizations receiving foreign aid funds from the United States to certify they will not perform or advocate for abortion?"

"Furthermore, to what extent were you as First Lady - an unelected and non-Senate confirmed position - involved in the intricacies of international diplomacy during your late husband's administration?"

"And finally, do you think your nomination signifies that the President intends to take the United Nations seriously, and will not follow the precedent of other Presidents of his party in demoting the office of UN Ambassaodr from Cabinet rank?"
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:50 am

United States Senate
Senator William S. Rogers III [D-MT]

"Ms. Wolf, during your time as First Lady, did you and your husband have any conversations directly relating to the UN, diplomacy, foreign policy, or international relations as a whole?"
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:28 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:United States Senate Committee of the Whole
Senator Eugene Obradovic

"Thank you, Mrs. LeBlanc Wolf. The Committee is now free to ask the nominee questions. I shall start with a few of my own."

"Mrs. LeBlanc Wolf, what is your position on the Mexico City policy, that is the gag rule that requires non-governmental organizations receiving foreign aid funds from the United States to certify they will not perform or advocate for abortion?"

"Furthermore, to what extent were you as First Lady - an unelected and non-Senate confirmed position - involved in the intricacies of international diplomacy during your late husband's administration?"

"And finally, do you think your nomination signifies that the President intends to take the United Nations seriously, and will not follow the precedent of other Presidents of his party in demoting the office of UN Ambassaodr from Cabinet rank?"

United States Senate

"I don't have many strong opinions on the Mexico City policy one way or another, I've always seen it as just one of those things that always change whenever a new President comes to town and they're of a different party than their processor."

"I'd say the closest equivalent was to what I was was an advisor. I'm sure you've all talked with your spouses about various parts of your jobs at one point or another, and given that my Husband was a talker if anything he certainly ended up talking about international diplomacy a number of times while I was in the room. I'd say I was most involved, at least when it came to international diplomacy, when it came to meeting foreign heads of states and heads of government given that the last three people in the room before that sort of thing happened would be my Husband, myself, and whoever was advising us on that particular head of state or head of government. But just like any other advisor, official or unofficial, I may of been free to give my opinion, but at the end of the day it was ultimately up to him if he wanted to follow that advice or not, and as much as my Husband was also particularly strong-willed. And of course, there is also my involvement in the USMCA and the Abraham Accords among other things."

"And finally, yes, President Richardson has told me that US Ambassador to the UN will be a cabinet-level position in his administration."

Velahor wrote:United States Senate

"Ms. Wolf, during your time as First Lady, did you and your husband have any conversations directly relating to the UN, diplomacy, foreign policy, or international relations as a whole?"

United States Senate

"And yes, Senator Rogers, we did have conversations related to those topics. Like I said when answering one of Senator Obradovic's questions, First Ladies tend to end up being something of an advisor to the President."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:33 am

New Cobastheia wrote:United States Senate

"I don't have many strong opinions on the Mexico City policy one way or another, I've always seen it as just one of those things that always change whenever a new President comes to town and they're of a different party than their processor."

"I'd say the closest equivalent was to what I was was an advisor. I'm sure you've all talked with your spouses about various parts of your jobs at one point or another, and given that my Husband was a talker if anything he certainly ended up talking about international diplomacy a number of times while I was in the room. I'd say I was most involved, at least when it came to international diplomacy, when it came to meeting foreign heads of states and heads of government given that the last three people in the room before that sort of thing happened would be my Husband, myself, and whoever was advising us on that particular head of state or head of government. But just like any other advisor, official or unofficial, I may of been free to give my opinion, but at the end of the day it was ultimately up to him if he wanted to follow that advice or not, and as much as my Husband was also particularly strong-willed. And of course, there is also my involvement in the USMCA and the Abraham Accords among other things."

"And finally, yes, President Richardson has told me that US Ambassador to the UN will be a cabinet-level position in his administration."

United States Senate Committee of the Whole
Senator Eugene Obradovic

"Forgive me, Mrs. LeBlanc Wolf, but I must ask for clarification. Do you, or do you not, believe that the global gag rule on abortion should be the policy of the United States government?"

"And furthermore, please clarify your involvement in the USMCA and the Abraham Accords."
Neoliberal

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:20 pm

Representative Thomas Volker
(Republican- 8th Congressional District of Missouri)
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives

“The chair rules that the Representative from Montana’s motion to consider the Endless Frontier Act is out of order at this time. Nevertheless, the Congressman’s objection still stands. With both a second and an objection, the House will now vote on whether to proceed with the docket.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm

"Mr. Speaker, I vote nay.”

To: GOP House Conference

The Whip on continuing with the docket is nay. The Endless Frontier Act is our priority for now.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Representative Caroline Simone

"Aye."

Representative Abigail Jekyll-Jones
[Republican - 2nd District of the State of Oregon]

"Nay."

An aide for Representative Jekyll-Jones brings a note back to Whip Tenson.

Why has the Speaker not ordered the docket according to his priorities?
Last edited by Gordano and Lysandus on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neoliberal

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Representative Phillip Crawford (D-KY3)
Chair of the House Democratic Caucus

"Aye."
Die nasty!!111

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:United States House of Representatives
Representative Caroline Simone

"Aye."

Representative Abigail Jekyll-Jones
[Republican - 2nd District of the State of Oregon]

"Nay."

An aide for Representative Jekyll-Jones brings a note back to Whip Tenson.

Why has the Speaker not ordered the docket according to his priorities?

The Speaker hasn’t had time to order the docket
during the focus on the ARA, but now that it is passed the docket will be restructured.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:20 pm

Representative Oliver Miller [D-KS-3]

“Aye.”
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:46 pm

United States Senate

"And yes, Senator Rogers, we did have conversations related to those topics. Like I said when answering one of Senator Obradovic's questions, First Ladies tend to end up being something of an advisor to the President."[/quote]

United States Senate

"Did your position as First Lady make you privy to information on foreign affairs that you may not have otherwise known had you not been married to the President?"
Last edited by Velahor on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

The Sarangtus Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarangtus Lands » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:30 pm

Rep. Everson Boyd (D-WI-3): "Aye!"
This is Emazia's puppet, will be main soon.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:51 am

Deborah Feyrer (R-AL)

Deb Feyrer asked a question, "does your foreign policy perspective align with that of the late visionary, diplomat and beloved President, your dear husband, the great, Arnold Wolf?"
Jackson Vichter (D-IA)

Jack Vichter, when it was his turn asked his own question, "thank you for being here today Mrs. Wolf, my first question is on the topic of trade. Do you believe America would be better off settling a trade deal with China?"
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Meretica
Senator

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Meretica » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 am

Congressman John A. Mattox (D-MA8): "Aye!"
Last edited by Meretica on Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:50 am

Representative Noam Joseph Abrahms [D-NJ-12]

"Aye."
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:34 pm

Senator Everitt Colbert (R-UT)
"Mrs. Wolf, China has engaged in horrific human rights abuses in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. There are over one and a half million Uyghur Muslims being held in what can only be described as concentration camps. The government is forcing Uyghur women to have Han Chinese men live in their house and sleep in bed with them. Children are being put into government run boarding schools where they are forcibly assimilated into Han Chinese culture. China has destroyed thousands of mosques and other holy sites throughout the region. They have engaged in forcible sterilization of Uyghur women and forced them to have abortions. There are reports of sexual violence on a massive scale in the camps. The prisoners in the camps have been in many cases, deported from the region and forced to work as slaves in China's factories and cotton fields. They have murdered thousands of prisoners and sold their organs abroad. So, Mrs. Wolf, do you believe that China's criminal actions towards the Uyghur people constitute genocide?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:43 pm

Senator Eugene Obradovic

"Forgive me, Mrs. LeBlanc Wolf, but I must ask for clarification. Do you, or do you not, believe that the global gag rule on abortion should be the policy of the United States government?"

"And furthermore, please clarify your involvement in the USMCA and the Abraham Accords."

United States Senate

"Like I said Senator Obradovic, I don't have many strong opinions on the Mexico City policy one way or the other, and that includes whether or not it should be US policy. I don't think the taxpayer's money should be put towards funding abortion, but I also have concerns over whether or not the Mexico City policy has been successful in decreasing the number of abortions performed worldwide."

"As for the USMCA, well, for those unaware, there were several times when the negotiations nearly collapsed. I had formed relationships with the Canadian and Mexican negotiators early on in the process, and so there were more than a few times I took charge of getting everyone back together. After the first couple of times, I would end up taking a more prominent role, often working proactively to make sure negotiations wouldn't fall apart while everyone was in DC."

"And for the Abraham Accords, I wasn't involved from the start given that they were negotiated during the Tawney Administration, but during an impasse in negotiations in July, one of the advisors from my Husband's, Tawney's, and now Richardson's Administrations suggested that I could come in and help. I ended up getting a call from President Tawney, and given a chance to help my country get closer to peace in the Middle East, I signed on. After that, for the next couple of months, I'd work with the Special Representative for International Negotiations to help negotiate the normalization agreements that'd become the Abraham Accords."

"Did your position as First Lady make you privy to information on foreign affairs that you may not have otherwise known had you not been married to the President?"

United States Senate

Eliza leaned forward at the microphone as she answered the question, figuring that it was already evident what the answer was given how she'd answered so far, "Yes. At the end of the day, the President has the ultimate authority to decide who has access to what information, and more often than not the President gives their spouse access to that information on one level or another."

Sarenium wrote:Deborah Feyrer (R-AL)

Deb Feyrer asked a question, "does your foreign policy perspective align with that of the late visionary, diplomat and beloved President, your dear husband, the great, Arnold Wolf?"

United States Senate

Eliza refused to roll her eyes as Senator Feyrer practically suckled the teet of her dead Husband's corpse, "I didn't agree with my Husband on everything. After all, what couple agrees on everything? But I did agree with him on his general ethos. America is being left behind, we need to be tougher when it comes to tackling China, our European allies need to take up a bigger share of NATO's costs, defending Israel, and putting America First."

Sarenium wrote:Jackson Vichter (D-IA)

Jack Vichter, when it was his turn asked his own question, "thank you for being here today Mrs. Wolf, my first question is on the topic of trade. Do you believe America would be better off settling a trade deal with China?"

United States Senate

"I believe there are various pros and cons that'd come with a trade deal with China. A pro would be that more likely than not, if previous trade deals have been any indication, we'd see an economic boost. A con would be that more likely than not, once again, if previous trade deals have been any indication, we'd likely see American jobs outsourced to China. But like I said Senator Vichter, I also believe that we need to be tougher on China and signing a trade deal with China, the nation arguably responsible for the global recession we're finding ourselves in, wouldn't only make us look weak, but it'd show the rest of the world that we are weak."

"So no, I don't think we would be better off as a country by signing a trade deal with China."

The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Everitt Colbert (R-UT)
"Mrs. Wolf, China has engaged in horrific human rights abuses in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. There are over one and a half million Uyghur Muslims being held in what can only be described as concentration camps. The government is forcing Uyghur women to have Han Chinese men live in their house and sleep in bed with them. Children are being put into government run boarding schools where they are forcibly assimilated into Han Chinese culture. China has destroyed thousands of mosques and other holy sites throughout the region. They have engaged in forcible sterilization of Uyghur women and forced them to have abortions. There are reports of sexual violence on a massive scale in the camps. The prisoners in the camps have been in many cases, deported from the region and forced to work as slaves in China's factories and cotton fields. They have murdered thousands of prisoners and sold their organs abroad. So, Mrs. Wolf, do you believe that China's criminal actions towards the Uyghur people constitute genocide?"

United States Senate

"Yes Senator Colbert, I do believe China is currently committing genocide against the Uyghur people. There are many reasons to be tougher of China, this is one of them."

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:46 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Senator Eugene Obradovic

United States Senate

"Like I said Senator Obradovic, I don't have many strong opinions on the Mexico City policy one way or the other, and that includes whether or not it should be US policy. I don't think the taxpayer's money should be put towards funding abortion, but I also have concerns over whether or not the Mexico City policy has been successful in decreasing the number of abortions performed worldwide."

"As for the USMCA, well, for those unaware, there were several times when the negotiations nearly collapsed. I had formed relationships with the Canadian and Mexican negotiators early on in the process, and so there were more than a few times I took charge of getting everyone back together. After the first couple of times, I would end up taking a more prominent role, often working proactively to make sure negotiations wouldn't fall apart while everyone was in DC."

"And for the Abraham Accords, I wasn't involved from the start given that they were negotiated during the Tawney Administration, but during an impasse in negotiations in July, one of the advisors from my Husband's, Tawney's, and now Richardson's Administrations suggested that I could come in and help. I ended up getting a call from President Tawney, and given a chance to help my country get closer to peace in the Middle East, I signed on. After that, for the next couple of months, I'd work with the Special Representative for International Negotiations to help negotiate the normalization agreements that'd become the Abraham Accords."

United States Senate

Eliza leaned forward at the microphone as she answered the question, figuring that it was already evident what the answer was given how she'd answered so far, "Yes. At the end of the day, the President has the ultimate authority to decide who has access to what information, and more often than not the President gives their spouse access to that information on one level or another."

Sarenium wrote:Deborah Feyrer (R-AL)

United States Senate

Eliza refused to roll her eyes as Senator Feyrer practically suckled the teet of her dead Husband's corpse, "I didn't agree with my Husband on everything. After all, what couple agrees on everything? But I did agree with him on his general ethos. America is being left behind, we need to be tougher when it comes to tackling China, our European allies need to take up a bigger share of NATO's costs, defending Israel, and putting America First."

Sarenium wrote:Jackson Vichter (D-IA)

United States Senate

"I believe there are various pros and cons that'd come with a trade deal with China. A pro would be that more likely than not, if previous trade deals have been any indication, we'd see an economic boost. A con would be that more likely than not, once again, if previous trade deals have been any indication, we'd likely see American jobs outsourced to China. But like I said Senator Vichter, I also believe that we need to be tougher on China and signing a trade deal with China, the nation arguably responsible for the global recession we're finding ourselves in, wouldn't only make us look weak, but it'd show the rest of the world that we are weak."

"So no, I don't think we would be better off as a country by signing a trade deal with China."

The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Everitt Colbert (R-UT)

United States Senate

"Yes Senator Colbert, I do believe China is currently committing genocide against the Uyghur people. There are many reasons to be tougher of China, this is one of them."

Deborah smiled and waived her remaining time back to the chair.

While, Jack followed up, "I continue to hear you say you want to confront China to me or other Senators, I support this, but I ask how you'd advise the President to do this? What actions do you believe the President should take as regards South East Asia, and what teeth would you add to the policy of confronting China?"
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:48 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Deborah smiled and waived her remaining time back to the chair.

While, Jack followed up, "I continue to hear you say you want to confront China to me or other Senators, I support this, but I ask how you'd advise the President to do this? What actions do you believe the President should take as regards South East Asia, and what teeth would you add to the policy of confronting China?"

United States Senate

"Of course Senator Vichter."

"For one, specifically related to the position I've been nominated for, I actually think the UN is a pretty good organization when it'd come to forming some kind of international consensus when it comes to tackling China. In order to do my job correctly, I'd need a direct line with President Richardson and the same goes for the other ambassadors and their heads of government. That kind of line of communication yields itself well to building consensus both inside and outside of the UN."

"As for what I'd advise President Richardson to do when it comes to tackling China, specifically when it comes to foreign policy, I'd advise him to push for greater military cooperation within the Quad as well as talking with our other allies in the Indo-Pacific about if they'd have any interest in joining the Dialouage, putting the time and resources into our relationships with Vietnam and Indonesia that would be needed to bring them closer to our side, doing the same for ASEAN, and pushing for our European and Asian allies to corporate more. I'd also advise him to put more time into our relations with African nations, right now China is forming alliances on the continent with little to no opposition from the West. And in addition to all that I'd also suggest to the President, if the opportunity arises, to help negotiate maritime borders in the South China Sea between the other nations in the region to help create a unified front against China there."

"And for the teeth, well I wouldn't want to set on the Secretary of State's feet and of course at the end of the day it's the President's decision, but personally, I think we need to make it clear to our allies where we stand on this issue and that if they want to disagree with us on it, it's going to hurt their standing in DC."

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:59 am

New Cobastheia wrote:

United States Senate

United States Senate

"Did President Wolf make you privy to any information related to foreign policy that was not available to federal homeland security, defense, and intelligence agencies?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse