NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Imperium and Empire [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:27 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:]

Hmm. I don’t hate this. There may be a slight issue though - this being the Iron Age, heavily armored knights as a king of the battlefield aren’t really a thing yet.

Ho oops. Iron Age? Then I'm abit too early with this. So something along the lines of a rome-era or Carthage-era civ would be more suitable?

Edit

Sorry, I mean like early Frankish-Empire esque civ?
Last edited by Madmunch on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Money makes the world go round"

Yes, I am a worshipper of Mammon....don't judge me

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:53 am

Madmunch wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:]

Hmm. I don’t hate this. There may be a slight issue though - this being the Iron Age, heavily armored knights as a king of the battlefield aren’t really a thing yet.

Ho oops. Iron Age? Then I'm abit too early with this. So something along the lines of a rome-era or Carthage-era civ would be more suitable?

Edit

Sorry, I mean like early Frankish-Empire esque civ?

Probably a closer analog would be Hittite chariot armies or the like really - though Carthage would be fine if you aren’t committed to the knightly aspect.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Probably a closer analog would be Hittite chariot armies or the like really - though Carthage would be fine if you aren’t committed to the knightly aspect.

Ah ok I think I got the picture now. Let me readjust my app properly. I will just get rid of the knightly aspect for now

EDIT

Is this more suitable? Will probably work my way up from here into introducing knighthood and chivalry etc.. once we enter the appropriate era

City State Application
Name: The Kingdom of Mandakore
Leader: King Bayan Lucius Atreus 'The Beloved'
Short History:
The acclaimed descendants of Mars Achillean, God-King of The Mandakorians and the supposed incarnate God of War, Progress and Civilization. In theory, the king is the absolute divine monarch of Mandakore. In practice, however, much of his power relies on the support of the Eight Immortals of Mars, eight legendary heroes who are either accomplished warriors, adventurers, scholars, prophets, artisans and mages of great renown.

Mandakore is notorious for its warrior culture and dedication to martial values of courage, honour & discipline, all taught and instilled via the Immortal Path, also known as The Mandakorian Creed. The kingdom itself is built on the legends of it's mythical champions and is continuously shaped and protected by it's cult of heroes. The coming or rise of a Legendary Hero is much celebrated in Mandakore. Likewise, the downfall or death of one is often heralded as a crisis on a national level, serious enough to spread tidings of ruin and reckoning throughout the lands of the Mandakorians.

Starting Location: Not sure. Anywhere that is reminiscent of medieval France. Rivers with open flat plains and rolling hills. Basically anywhere I can claim a beautiful countryside like this

Advantage: .

Martial Might - Maintains a small but burgeoning, well-organised and disciplined force of professional soldiers, famed for its heavy infantry. When led by a Legendary Hero, they are almost indomitable

Description:
Kingdom revolves around their capitol city of Mandakore with a few fledgling settlements at its outskirts. Despite their martial-like society, Mandakorians in general, are a curious and honourable people with a passion for exploring and learning new things that could be beneficial to their culture and nation. This passion of their is realised in the form of adventurer guilds that have become famous for producing some of the most renowned heroes in the known world.

Strength of Mandakore's civilisation is dependant on the various geniuses of its Legendary Heroes, whose loyalty in-turn is measured according to the strength, wisdom or virtues of the King of Mandakore.
Last edited by Madmunch on Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:29 am, edited 19 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:15 am

Madmunch wrote:

Ah ok I think I got the picture now. Let me readjust my app properly. I will just get rid of the knightly aspect for now

EDIT

Is this more suitable? Will probably work my way up from here into introducing knighthood and chivalry etc.. once we enter the appropriate era

City State Application
Short History:
The acclaimed descendants of Mars Achillean, God-King of The Mandakorians and the supposed incarnate God of War, Progress and Civilization. In theory, the king is the absolute divine monarch of Mandakore. In practice, however, much of his power relies on the support of the Eight Immortals of Mars, eight legendary heroes who are either accomplished warriors, adventurers, scholars, prophets, artisans and mages of great renown.

Mandakore is notorious for its warrior culture and dedication to martial values of courage, honour & discipline, all taught and instilled via the Immortal Path, also known as The Mandakorian Creed. The kingdom itself is built on the legends of it's mythical champions and is continuously shaped and protected by it's cult of heroes. The coming or rise of a Legendary Hero is much celebrated in Mandakore. Likewise, the downfall or death of one is often heralded as a crisis on a national level, serious enough to spread tidings of ruin and reckoning throughout the lands of the Mandakorians.

Starting Location: Not sure. Anywhere that is reminiscent of medieval France. Rivers with open flat plains and rolling hills. Basically anywhere I can claim a beautiful countryside like this

Advantage:

Martial Might - Maintains a small but burgeoning, well-organised and disciplined force of professional soldiers, famed for its heavy infantry. When led by a Legendary Hero, they are almost indomitable.

Strong Spirit of Unity - All Mandakorians share a common zeal for their religion, culture and dedication to their king and nation.

Legendary Heroes - Once every era are capable of producing various heroes that grant passive bonuses to military, government and society (not sure how suitable this is. Will discuss with OP or leave it to them to see how this can work if at all)
Description:
Kingdom revolves around their capitol city of Mandakore with a few fledgling settlements at its outskirts. Despite their martial-like society, Mandakorians in general, are a curious and honourable people with a passion for exploring and learning new things that could be beneficial to their culture and nation. This passion of their is realised in the form of adventurer guilds that have become famous for producing some of the most renowned heroes in the known world.

Strength of Mandakore's civilisation is dependant on the various geniuses of its Legendary Heroes, whose loyalty in-turn is measured according to the strength, wisdom or virtues of the King of Mandakore.

I like this all. I'll note, however, that the blurb does say 'Advantage' not 'Advantages'. Offhand I'd opt for the Martial Might, since the Legendary Heroes would make the most sense to integrate into your form of government, something like an Epic Monarchy or the like. Otherwise looking good.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:20 am

Aidannadia wrote:City State Application
Name: The Divine Realm of Qadimahr
Leader: King Minus
Short History: Divine Realm is a kingdom focused around the organization of farming peoples along the river Qadimahr. A number of death cults originally inhabited the region, whom for a time ruled the area as warlords along ancient tribal lines. Minus, the first of his line, represents a reaction of the citizenry against the longtime hold these warlords had over the region, outlawing profane magic involving the twilight of life and death.
Starting Location: Desert floodplains
Advantage: Order/Religion
Description: King Minus, while an important military leader and recognize as a divinely chosen king, relies on a state-backed church to legitimize his reign, just as the church relies on his iron fist to protect their hegemony of faith. The priesthood religious development focusing on the life giving nature of the river and the finality of death ensures that they keep former necromantic practices suppressed. A strong record keeping and system of law to protect and support their irrigational practices is important to the success of the empire. Faith and Might hold the society together where before ethnic and cultural lines split them apart.

Very interesting. We don't have many multi-ethnic empires. Luckily I know exactly where to slap you. J'accept, and welcome.

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:35 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I like this all. I'll note, however, that the blurb does say 'Advantage' not 'Advantages'. Offhand I'd opt for the Martial Might, since the Legendary Heroes would make the most sense to integrate into your form of government, something like an Epic Monarchy or the like. Otherwise looking good.

Alright all done. Decided to follow your suggestion and just take Martial Might while leaving my legendary heroes as just a part of my government. Lemme know where u decided to slap me at btw :lol:

Also. Are we suppose to individually calculate our own civ statistics in the IC once it begins? Cuz I'm still not sure how that works atm

City State Application
Short History:

Martial Might - Maintains a small but burgeoning, well-organised and disciplined force of professional soldiers, famed for its heavy infantry. When led by a Legendary Hero, they are almost indomitable

Description:

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:18 am

Well, that’s almost everyone. Get in here, two remaining players from last era! I’m excited to get the ball rolling. Got big plans for this era, like failing to maintain control of the new acquisitions and falling into heated civil war.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:41 am

Madmunch wrote:Also. Are we suppose to individually calculate our own civ statistics in the IC once it begins? Cuz I'm still not sure how that works atm

All should be explained once I chunk through the mechanics. They're getting there!

City State Application
Short History:

Description:

Seems reasonable to me. Welcome to the club.

Lazarian wrote:Well, that’s almost everyone. Get in here, two remaining players from last era! I’m excited to get the ball rolling. Got big plans for this era, like failing to maintain control of the new acquisitions and falling into heated civil war.

The Corvidian Civil War is going to be good times.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:43 am

Madmunch wrote:Also. Are we suppose to individually calculate our own civ statistics in the IC once it begins? Cuz I'm still not sure how that works atm

All should be explained once I chunk through the mechanics. They're getting there!

Gimme mechanics dammit >:(
I wanna break them!
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012

Postby Pragia » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:17 am

Lazarian wrote:Well, that’s almost everyone. Get in here, two remaining players from last era! I’m excited to get the ball rolling. Got big plans for this era, like failing to maintain control of the new acquisitions and falling into heated civil war.

Man, I don't want my multiculti friend to just go poof overnight! How else are we to distract the deepkin?
Last edited by Pragia on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 am

Pragia wrote:

Man, I don't want my multiculti friend to just go poof overnight! How else are we to distract the deepkin?

Think about it - if G is busy eating Laz’s fighting cities, he’ll be distracted for a while :p

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 am

Are the deepkin considered the big bad of this RP?

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 am

Madmunch wrote:Are the deepkin considered the big bad of this RP?

Yes and no. Yes as in they could probably devour all the other civilizations, sweeping over the continent in an Armageddon of blood and steel. But also no, they haven’t actually done any of that.

As far as great evils go, that would be the Hesukar, probably. But they’re gone. I would say some civilizations are more warlike/raider-y than others, those being the Warclyfe/Corvus/Khortuun and the Yue Barbarians.

Huh. Are the Yue still around?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 am

G is OP and off on his own ramping up infinitely, so yeah basically :p

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:31 am

Lazarian wrote:]
Yes and no. Yes as in they could probably devour all the other civilizations, sweeping over the continent in an Armageddon of blood and steel. But also no, they haven’t actually done any of that.

As far as great evils go, that would be the Hesukar, probably. But they’re gone. I would say some civilizations are more warlike/raider-y than others, those being the Warclyfe/Corvus/Khortuun and the Yue Barbarians.

Ah okay. This is so cool! How long has this RP been around for? Can't believe I missed out in its first iteration

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:35 am

Madmunch wrote:
Lazarian wrote:]

Ah okay. This is so cool! How long has this RP been around for? Can't believe I missed out in its first iteration

Like three years? Probably more? :p
EDIT: I’m not even counting the very first time G ran this, just the 2.5 runs I was in.
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:39 am

Lazarian wrote:

The Yue are or were my tributary state

EDIT: I don't know what the hell there doing now.
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:39 am

Madmunch wrote:
Lazarian wrote:Yes and no. Yes as in they could probably devour all the other civilizations, sweeping over the continent in an Armageddon of blood and steel. But also no, they haven’t actually done any of that.

Well, this is actually the third era. The first one was tribes of cavemen, the second one was city-states, and this one actually has nations to some extent. First one ran July 2020 to January 2021, second one ran January to August. And this is just the iteration I've been in. There's been previous ones.

It is indeed quite cool.

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:42 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:G is OP and off on his own ramping up infinitely, so yeah basically :p

Hope I'm not located in the way lol. I don't have enough heroes to deal with any of that :lol:

The GAmeTopians wrote:Like three years? Probably more? :p
EDIT: I’m not even counting the very first time G ran this, just the 2.5 runs I was in.

Dayum. Thats really impressive. Means this must have been very fun to last for that long eh? Sweeeet

Lazarian wrote:Well, this is actually the third era. The first one was tribes of cavemen, the second one was city-states, and this one actually has nations to some extent. First one ran July 2020 to January 2021, second one ran January to August. And this is just the iteration I've been in. There's been previous ones.

It is indeed quite cool.

Would have actually enjoyed the experience of building my civ from scratch like that. Too bad I wasn't here when this first came out
Last edited by Madmunch on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 am

Madmunch wrote:Would have actually enjoyed the experience of building my civ from scratch like that. Too bad I wasn't here when this first came out

I can reenact the caveman era for you if you’d like.

“Your worker dies in childbirth. You have no food. Your scholars have spent ten turns on learning basic agriculture. They fail again. Your scout has gone MIA.”

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:49 am

Lazarian wrote:[

“Your worker dies in childbirth. You have no food. Your scholars have spent ten turns on learning basic agriculture. They fail again. Your scout has gone MIA.”

In other words..... t'was a hard knock life :p

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012

Postby Pragia » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:50 am

Lazarian wrote:
Madmunch wrote:Would have actually enjoyed the experience of building my civ from scratch like that. Too bad I wasn't here when this first came out

There was good reason why I backed out. Tribal stuff is alright with a dozen or so folks, but I had 3. It was very sad.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Lazarian wrote:

That would be far too boring to have a sudden but inevitable tide of world-ending violence. I have much more interesting ideas for this era.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Lazarian wrote:Yes and no. Yes as in they could probably devour all the other civilizations, sweeping over the continent in an Armageddon of blood and steel. But also no, they haven’t actually done any of that.

That would be far too boring to have a sudden but inevitable tide of world-ending violence. I have much more interesting ideas for this era.

:blink: I do not like your idea of interesting. Not one bit, no no sir.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:00 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

:blink: I do not like your idea of interesting. Not one bit, no no sir.

It is actually extra fun this time since more people have cleverly investigated very dangerous schools of magic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse