NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: Imperium and Empire [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 am

Lazarian wrote:So, Discontent is managed and counterbalanced via Culture?

And are “educated pops” Citizens and Patricians?

After a fashion. There are also Districts and Constructions which directly reduce Discontent.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Unraveled Cycle
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unraveled Cycle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:07 am

Not sure if any one of the other republics have already based theirs on Rome. But meh, just let me know if it doesn't fly. Can change it no problemo 8)

-snip-
Last edited by The Unraveled Cycle on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Formerly: The Legion of The Dark Crown
The old empire has since abandoned it's adolescent tethers in order to ascend onto a new and much enlightened spire of greatness.

For simplicity's sake, you may refer to me as Unravel, Ravel, Rav etc...

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:18 am

My archive should be updated today hopefully.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am

The Unraveled Cycle wrote:-snip-

Taking inspiration is fine. But considering Babylonia doesn't exist in this setting. I recommend you makeup a fictional entity your tribes triumphed over, or united out of fear of the current existing factions. I'm certain folks can help you out in finding a good spot
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The Unraveled Cycle
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unraveled Cycle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:23 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Taking inspiration is fine. But considering Babylonia doesn't exist in this setting. I recommend you makeup a fictional entity your tribes triumphed over, or united out of fear of the current existing factions. I'm certain folks can help you out in finding a good spot

Ayy lemme fantasize this abit more then. I did come up with an original name for the conquered faction actually. But I forgot why I settled for Babelonia instead XD
The old empire has since abandoned it's adolescent tethers in order to ascend onto a new and much enlightened spire of greatness.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:27 am

This might be a bit of a stretch, but if both you and Qadimahr are desert civilizations springing up after an old civilization falls in an area that’s essentially a blank slate - there’s a lot of potential there for some really neat collaborative world building, yeah?
Last edited by Lazarian on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:32 am

I was also thinking that; just a moment ago I also messaged Khortuun about kind of a shared history sorta deal. It kinda depends on the geographic location of different things since I lack any map atm but I’m definitely down to worldbuild the desert.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

The Unraveled Cycle
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unraveled Cycle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:36 am

Aidannadia wrote:I was also thinking that; just a moment ago I also messaged Khortuun about kind of a shared history sorta deal. It kinda depends on the geographic location of different things since I lack any map atm but I’m definitely down to worldbuild the desert.

Same here. It'll be really cool to have a shared backstory. The more lore established the more fun I say. But ya, I myself would like to see where we are situated on the map first tho. Will give a much clearer picture of things

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 am

However, I think the difference is that my ruler represents a break from a schism created longer ago while Romanor represents an older power that was pushed back; perhaps that schism is because of losing to Romanor and thus we would represent a revival of that original culture to them, but in terms of religion there a pretty clear theological break between me and the past culture my people came up in. Only thing I really had was a region of warring tribal death worshippers.
Last edited by Aidannadia on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 am

Aidannadia wrote:I was also thinking that; just a moment ago I also messaged Khortuun about kind of a shared history sorta deal. It kinda depends on the geographic location of different things since I lack any map atm but I’m definitely down to worldbuild the desert.

The Khortuun are in the Vale of Ustarr, which is sort of near the middle of the map and not too close to any rivers. I mean, not trying to put a damper on the idea though. Not like rivers can’t come and go.

If you look at the map from last era, look to the desert in the South. Behold - the River Qadimahr, perhaps? Birthplace of the INSERT NAME Kingdom, which had a culture and religion focus around Blood Magic and Necromantic Rituals.

This civilization which fell birthed both Romulon (or maybe a more original name) atop the ruins of its capitol, as a successor kingdom, and Qadimahr from a peasant uprising to the East? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Last edited by Lazarian on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:41 am

The author's amazing with world building. It'll be a pleasant experience collabing with them.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:46 am

While I have not expanded greatly last game, will I have outskirts to my capital?
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:50 am

Ye Olth’s a vet.

Yeah I’m looking at the map and was checking last thread the best I could. Guessing I’d be in that southeast desert which has a noticeable gap in respect to the Khortuun now that you point it out. That location is still a little deviated from Romular’s app because of the two rivers mentioned but we’ll see where we get placed.

The Unraveled Cycle
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unraveled Cycle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:51 am

Aidannadia wrote:However, I think the difference is that my ruler represents a break from a schism created longer ago while Romanor represents an older power that was pushed back; perhaps that schism is because of losing to Romanor and thus we would represent a revival of that original culture to them, but in terms of religion there a pretty clear theological break between me and the past culture my people came up in. Only thing I really had was a region of warring tribal death worshippers.

Or vice versa. Could be the schism itself that allowed Romanor to claim victory and so the [Insert Name] Kingdom collapsed and fragmented apart with Qadimahr claiming one section of its old territory and Romanor being built on the ruins of the other.

Ayy this sounds awesome actually :lol:

Lazarian wrote:The Khortuun are in the Vale of Ustarr, which is sort of near the middle of the map and not too close to any rivers. I mean, not trying to put a damper on the idea though. Not like rivers can’t come and go.

If you look at the map from last era, look to the desert in the South. Behold - the River Qadimahr, perhaps? Birthplace of the INSERT NAME Kingdom, which had a culture and religion focus around Blood Magic and Necromantic Rituals.

This civilization which fell birthed both Romulon (or maybe a more original name) atop the ruins of its capitol, as a successor kingdom, and Qadimahr from a peasant uprising to the East? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Ya that sounds good to me. AND FINE I'll input a more original name :p

I actually do have a few in my mind. It's just that I wanted to keep it as close to the original for bias reasons lol. But no problemo, in editing mode now

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:56 am

Well, don’t rush the gun. G is a cruel and capricious deity, who places civs where he pleases. You’d probably want to run the shared backstory by him first. :p

The Unraveled Cycle
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unraveled Cycle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:25 am

Aidannadia wrote:Ye Olth’s a vet.

Yeah I’m looking at the map and was checking last thread the best I could. Guessing I’d be in that southeast desert which has a noticeable gap in respect to the Khortuun now that you point it out. That location is still a little deviated from Romular’s app because of the two rivers mentioned but we’ll see where we get placed.

Yeah it's not gonna be a problem. My location description is highly adjustable, along with everything else just so you know XD. But ya we'll wait to see where OP will place us

Lazarian wrote:Well, don’t rush the gun. G is a cruel and capricious deity, who places civs where he pleases. You’d probably want to run the shared backstory by him first. :p

Yuppie-di-doo.

For the moment they are just unofficial ideas swirling around. Also. Edited my app. Ya'll lemme me know if the naming is much better this time XD

City State Application
Name: The Great Republic of Korzantium
Leader: Consul Gnaeus Agrippa, Consul Marcus Maximus
Short History:
Against the impending threat of enslavement by the Qun Dynasty, the tribes of the Korzan people united under the brothers, Septimus and Lucan, and eventually defeated the mighty yet ailing civilization. Upon the bones of Qunharya was built the Great Republic of Korzantium'.

Learning from the decadent faults of their ancient enemy, Septimus and Lucan founded Korzantium upon the principles and ideals of early democracy. Slavery was to be banned and through the Senate, the other myriad of peoples residing along the Korza & Tygra River systems could have a voice in the governing of this newfound nation. A constitution and a system of laws were put in place to prevent any one person from assuming total control and resurrecting the dreaded monarchies of old.

Starting Location: Korzantium is located on the coast of a desert region, built on the mouth of a mighty river that has allowed wide-scale farming and agriculture to be possible inspite of the semi-arid climate conditions.
Advantage:
Powerful Military - The true strength of the Korzantian legions lies not in its discipline, nor its professionalism or its logistical prowess. Rather it lies in their military's ability to learn and adapt according to the situation. Like much of Korzantium's culture and society, their military formations, tactics and armaments are based on pre-existing ones; all ingeniously improved through trial and error before official integration & use. In other words, the strength of the Korzantian military shines best in a war of attrition, where their adaptability, flexibility and mindset of sacrifice & endurance, will always give them an edge over their enemies in the long run.
Description:
'Korzantium' is a Latium word that simply translates to mean "Great City of The Korzan".

The glory of the Great Republic is centered on the coast of a desert plain made fertile thanks to a mighty river that flows through the capital of Korzantium before pouring out into the ocean. A literal paradisical oasis amidst a barren sea of sand and scorching heat, It was there that the now fallen Qunharyan civilization thrived, before the Korzan people took over and built theirs upon the remains of the Qun.

It has been centuries since it's founding and corruption has already seeped into the cracks of The Great Korzantian Republic. The aged ban on slavery has long been ignored, and Korzantium now thrives on the trade of human flesh and misery. For the most part, the Great Republic still stands strong and steady. But it's strength is now measured via the loyalties of it's generals, whom the formidable lock-step legions of Korzantium owe more loyalty to.

Since it's founding, Korzantium has become home to a diverse collective of other ethnicities and races, whose cultures have all been assimilated into Korzantian society. For better or for worse, Korzantian society is a perfect example of a hierarchical 'non-racist' society, for the Korzantians do not discriminate based on race and appearance, but rather on the social ranking and status of its individuals.

The Korzantians are superstitious people, bound to the worship of a pantheonic religion that is based off on the Qun dieties. The two major gods that are highly worshipped are Solus, God of the Sun, The Sky & Thunder, also Father to all the other gods. Followed by Vaelor, God of War and Guardian of Agriculture. Another major deity is Hespis, wife of Solus & Goddess of the Earth, Nature & Fertility.
Last edited by The Unraveled Cycle on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 am, edited 32 times in total.

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:58 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

The author's amazing with world building. It'll be a pleasant experience collabing with them.

Oh, you.

Olth has their moment. But mostly, they just blurt something out and let others run with it.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:06 pm

Lazarian wrote:Well, don’t rush the gun. G is a cruel and capricious deity, who places civs where he pleases. You’d probably want to run the shared backstory by him first. :p

You say that like I don't also put new civilizations off in the mist to avoid them being eaten by warmongers :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:08 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:While I have not expanded greatly last game, will I have outskirts to my capital?

I don't have you taking any efforts to establish outskirts, so nope!

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Does the fact that I took pains to establish some sort of organized cultic rites and practices during the last iteration mean anything fun for me in this RP?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Uh shouldn't the Arch be a pagoda?

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Olthenia wrote:Oh, you.

Olth has their moment. But mostly, they just blurt something out and let others run with it.

If by “has their moment” you mean “has a consistent record of great writing”, then sure, that checks out.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

You say that like I don't also put new civilizations off in the mist to avoid them being eaten by warmongers :P

What, warmongers? Where?

*whistles inconspicuously*

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Uh shouldn't the Arch be a pagoda?

Yeah, I culturally generalized a decent amount of terms.

Olthenia wrote:Does the fact that I took pains to establish some sort of organized cultic rites and practices during the last iteration mean anything fun for me in this RP?

It means you have a swanky theocracy instead of a boring theocracy.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012

Postby Pragia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:08 pm

I will find them and make them my new friends!

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:17 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Uh shouldn't the Arch be a pagoda?

Yeah, I culturally generalized a decent amount of terms.

Olthenia wrote:Does the fact that I took pains to establish some sort of organized cultic rites and practices during the last iteration mean anything fun for me in this RP?

It means you have a swanky theocracy instead of a boring theocracy.

Awesome!

Does that swank translate into an applicable bonus of some sort?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse