NATION

PASSWORD

Twilight of the Gods: A Metahuman RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu May 25, 2023 3:03 am

Gibraltar, Rock of Gibraltar, Éire, Western Europe, 26 June 2020

"I don't like this." Heinrich muttered as he raised up the hood of his cloak. The vampire knew the windows were covered by a glass made to prevent sunlight from getting in. However the glass caused the windows to turn black which prevented him from seeing what was outside the car window.

"Look at the bright side, boss. We don't have to see any of the peasants who are booing at us." The jester, Maximilian, told the vampire as they heard something hit the car. No doubt some rotten food.

The propaganda of the old French Regime was usually ignored and dismissed by some. However for many who disregarded most things a segment of the population did believe because of Heinrich's nazi past. Worse was the fact that some propagandists made the damning claims of French crimes being done by the Germans or Heinrich exterminating the Jews once again. The latter almost made Heinrich laugh at the unoriginality of that claim.

The vampire, jester, and two guards were in the back of a modified black 1961 Lincoln Continental four-door convertible limousine. The major modification was a top installed to have the sunlight blocking windows for Heinrich. Yet even with those windows installed Heinrich chose to keep his long flowy cloak and hood as he didn't trust the windows to be entirely secure. He was not gonna repeat last year's incident back with the previous general congress.

Heinrich rubbed his neck as memories of the incident flashed before him. "You made sure those windows are firmly secured? Those miserable Filipinos can't even make sure their nation was secured, let alone a damn window,” the vampire cursed the ones who were responsible for last year's car. He vowed to never use anything made by Filipinos hands after that.

“Trust me sir. We chose an American car this time. Those people can make decent cars.” The jester explained. “Yes. One that still requires gasoline in a continent that is now eco power.” the vampire retorted back in a dismissive manner.

The vampire and jester were engrossed in their conversation that they ignored their driver who saw a message appear on his phone. The driver would take a turn on the right.

The vampire and jester both stopped when they felt the car take a turn.

“Hey driver you’re going the wrong way. The parliament building is straight ahead.” Maximilian would shake the back of the driver’s seat as he explained the error. “So unless you want come back home with broken bones I suggest you turn us back around before we…”

The glass would shatter as Heinrich’s head released splash of blood as something tore through his head.

Before the jester can say a word another bullet would tear through the front window and strike him at the chest. Four more bullets would find themselves in the chests and shoulders of the two. The driver would go down an alleyway and stop.

He would get out of the car quickly as he clutched his phone tightly. “Are you people crazy! You also got me!” he screamed at the caller at the other end.

“A shame we didn’t. It would have given us less trouble.” The man heard a feminine voice call out. He looked up to see the barrel of a gun. The last thing he saw was a flash as the gun fired and the bullet went through his head.

“Now that has been taken care of,” the pale skin, dark hair, french woman who dispatched the driver would turn her sights to the car. “Let’s us stake a vampire and drag his heretic carcass to the sun.”

The door from the shop next to the car open as more ladies came out, six in total. Trucks would come out with men dressed in military uniforms with their faces covered by banderas, each showing arm bands and patches belonging to the Liberation Resistance Army.

“You all did a good job. Our money wasn’t wasted with hiring your services.” the woman said as she gave them a smile, revealing her fangs.

“We didn’t do this for you. We did it because our American contact convinced us that getting rid of this vampire would do the world a great service.” one of the masked men replied back heatly. However the Curien ignored him as pointed at the car.

“Barb Barb Barb. Just open the door and stab the two in the hearts.” the soldiers muttered curses as they approached the door.

The soldiers would hear a click as the door was unlocked. They looked at each other as they raised their rifles as they got close to the door. They would see the door slowly open, crimson fluids oozing out from the door.

The soldiers were silent as they watch the pool of blood grow as the door continue to open, all trained their eyes and rifles to the door.

When the door open they saw a black void greeting them. They felt a rush of warm and moist wind hit them. They heard one of the Curiens muttering something in latin as she was making the sign of the cross, moving back.

The soldiers felt dread building in them as they stared into the abyss.

The tension would break as they saw a red eye open from the abyss. Than another. Soon a third, a fourth, a fifth. Multitude of red eyes stared back at the soldiers.

One of the soldiers began to scream as he pulled down the trigger as heard as possible. His action caused the others to follow soon after. As bullets hit the abyss a black mass would shot out and grab several of the soldiers. Screams filled the air as blood would splash at the soldiers and Curiens.

The vampires would see the massive form the head of some canine that had far too many eyes, and even far greater number of fangs. On the mouth was several of the soldiers. Those on the ground screamed as the canine manage to tear off limbs and chunks of their bodies, leaving bloody openings exposing bones and organs, of which some began to fall down, making a wet smach on the concrete.

Black tentacles would grab the soldiers that fell and drag them into the car as the canine would return back. The door would slam close.

“What sorcery is this!” One of the vampires shouted.

They would hear clapping coming from behind. “Not sorcery. Divinity.” the Curiens would see Maximillian the jester standing before them, no scratch or blood on him.

“That’s.. That’s impossible.” one of the vampires stuttered out. “You should be dead! Our assassin..” the jester would interrupt them as he threw his head back to laugh at them.

The vampires felt the hairs on their skin raise, their skin crawling. Something felt incredibly off with the clown. The way he laughed. The way he sounded. In the back of their mind they wonder if the clown truly is standing before them and not something else pretending to be him.

The jester look at the vampires. “You think bullets would end us?” he wagged his fingers at them. “There are events. Very important events that are predetermined. Machinations that have been in development long before your kind was even in the embryo of whatever womb was cursed to carry your ancestors. What has been set in motion can’t end by petty assassins. You and what is left of your kind can try to stop what is to come but much like your extinction what is coming can’t be stopped.”

The Curiens would all draw out their pistols and shoot at the jester. The clown would stumble back with each bullet that hit him. They would keep firing until they ran out of bullets. Yet the jester stood, laughing.

They would see the bullet holes closing on their own. “What are you?” one of the Curiens said.

The jester’s smile seem to grow even wider.

“I am many things. Some have called me a devil. But for many I am a god. But for you? I am your executioner.”

The Jester brought his hand in front of the Curiens, showing the palm of his hand. “You and your regime served your purpose for our plans but now you all are just dead weight.”

The air began to grow colder as they can sense the presence of foul magic not only lingering in the air but also building up. They can tell that this thing was preparing something.. “Decimatio!” the jester uttered.

A purple glow would emerge from the Jester’s hand. The Curiens braced for an attack as they anticipated a spell from the heretical clown.

What they didn’t anticipate was one of their own screaming in agony as she began to glow. They would see her body begin to break down into dust in a matter of seconds.

The jester look down at his hand. “Only one? I might be a bit rusty in using an avatar that isn’t my own.”

The group would notice the lights growing dim. A shadow consuming them all.

“It doesn't matter. Looks as though your end will come regardless. Consider this a long overdue punishment for your crimes ladies.”

Those were the final words the Curiens heard before darkness swallowed them.

What happened within the darkness would be a series of events that would shatter even the strongest mind. But as the vampires screamed in agony one clear picture would be clear.

Their torment in hell came far sooner.

Gibraltar Parliament Building, Rock of Gibraltar, Éire, Western Europe, 26 June 2020

The car that Heinrich and Maxmilian choose would arrive at the parliament building late for the two. When Heinrich stepped out he would carry on his right hand the severed heads of the Curien assassins by their hair. He ignored the appalled looks he got as he march through the halls of the building.

When he found the chamber he found the meeting had begun. He would have heard what Monika was saying about the French paying reparations and what her Reich had done with the Germans they have saved.

“Displacement is only one issue.” he would raise his hand up to show the severed heads. That action would cause someone in the room to scream in horror but the count ignored the screams. “There are still members of the former regime who still pose a direct threat to Germans. Just today these wenches tried to take my life. They even worked with mercancias who have ties to the Resistance in order to carry out their plans.”

The vampire would toss the heads to the side as he walked to the chair assigned to him. “I thank Monika and her people from saving as many Germans as they could. As well as those who smuggled as many through the Underground Railroad.” His eyes turned to Alex.

“But for ever single life saved ten more were lost to us.” The Jester would enter the room carrying a briefcase.

“For those who are unclear as to the precise nature of the French war crimes, or believe that they are exaggerated or merely lies. I had my people raid the camps were innocent men, women, and children endure unspeakable horrors before they met a grizzly demise. We spared no expensive at gathering as much evidence and testimony from survivors and captured personnels from those sites in order to form a clear picture of what occurred in there.”

Maximilian seem to be struggling holding on to the briefcase as he dragged himself close to the table. He would groan as he lifted up and slam the case on the table, causing it to shake.
“Werewolves. We have bloody werewolves, Heinrich! You should have let them carry this thing instead of me.” The jester complained as he open the case.

Stacks of papers fell off the case. Revealing a mound of files, film reels, video tapes, and even computer disks within.

“There are even some items we took from the camps buried in this stuff.” The jester told everyone. “You all will have to dig through all of this to find it. I think we manage to fit a human skull in here somehow.”
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Fri May 26, 2023 6:59 pm

The Republic
The Republic continues it's efforts to modernize the military and infrastructure. The President leaves to attend the NAU summit. The Australian Colonization Program is started incintevising Republic Citizens to move to the Australian Occupation Zone.
Republic Australian Occupation Zone
The Republic's Rebuilding efforts continue in Australia. A centralized Rubble collection and restoration center is established in the Capital. The first batch of 6 thousand Colonists from the Republic Arrive.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat May 27, 2023 12:44 pm

Dolores Menzendorf Carvallo.
Nashville, Kelvin Crownlands
Continental N.A.U.
July 11th

She had just returned from her induction into the North American Direction of Intelligence Early Potential Program. It was mostly boring in content, sitting for hours in an auditorium in the Peabody at central Nashville. However, she found an interesting prospect in the other people joining, two of them sitting in the auditorium and forty-seven more as holograms from all across the Union. She was amongst the oldest as well, with one boy being roughly Estefanía’s age. Although it gave her some chilling memories of the Boot Camp, she was reassured that this was only allowed to be a a complementary aspect of their education.
They all seemed to be of varying backgrounds, though she was only able to briefly talk to the two physically there. She remembered to introduce herself as Gloria Ibañez, not wanting to bring to light the adoption. Or worse, to hint at her real identity.
The Program would consist of intensive distance testing and trials at the Peabody Campus. It would largely focus on intelligence management and information strategy. But it would also include physical training. As it was Dolores’s case, she was also required to use her ability when requested.
“The shirt looks ugly as hell.” She muttered, taking it out of the bag she’d brought back home. Lucia corrected her language with a simple gesture and glare. Since applying Dolores had felt Lucia was taking a more present role as a mother to her and Estefanía.
“Sorry. Still. I am not wearing it if I can help it.” It was a rough-feeling black shirt with the N.A.D.I. emblem on the chest.
“We have to make sure this doesn’t interfere with school. I will inform the Principal. No doubt he will have no trouble at setting you up with a schedule.”
“Thanks.”
Dolores grabbed her things and jolted off. It seemed as though Lucia was about to say something, but she restrained it in the last second. Luckily, Estefanía wasn’t in her room this time.
She’d grown used to her sister deciding to skulk around. Not as an actual interest, but just to annoy her after breaking her phone. That and asking her if she’d found anything on the papers she stole from Matthius’s office.
<<Something about a Chinese Operation. >> She always told her. There was so much more, though.
The N.A.U. had been infiltrating into South America, and a number of agents were listed. More were said to be in a document that was reported missing. One of the names that were listed to her stood out. Her eyes landed on the document inside her computer once more.
<< Carolina Swett ### Matter Melder - C³ #### E.A: 15. ### STATUS: MISSING>>
“There you are! How was the induction?”
The file was hidden in a split second. It was Luke. She’d learned to distinguish between him and his brother. Dolores would’ve been mortified if she accidentally kissed Like.
“Boring. Next week should be more interesting. We are starting exercises- what’s that?”

He had a small stash of cards that seemed to be written with golden letters.
“The invitations for the wedding. Here’s yours.”

The wedding. It’d been announced some time before and in a weird, <<maybe-yes-maybe-not>> way. It was slowly accepted as something that was most likely happening.
For Dolores the idea wasn’t all that great. Gabriel marrying a Reich meta seemed like a really bad idea already.
“Freyja… weird name, isn’t it?” She commented after reading the name next to her brother’s.
Luke shrugged. “Weird people have weird name. Let them be and they won’t hurt you. You know German, right?”
Dolores nodded. “Barely. I can say some basic sentences very poorly.”
“Well… at least you could serve as a Spanish translator.”
Dolores stood up from her bed, offering the invitation back to Luke. “Who says I am going? Are you insane?”
Luke smirked, refusing the invitation. His exact copy to everybody but Dolores appeared on the hallway outside the door to her room.
“You mean you aren’t coming with us? I will protect you, Gloria.”
Luke chuckled at his brother’s remark. Dolores crossed her arms.
“It’s madness, Michael! What if…” She was going to say something horrible could happen to her or her sister. But then thought that the invitations could be wired. “I won’t go.”
“Fine!” Luke shrugged, taking her invitation back. “Your sister will have to translate for us. She said she will be happy to do that.”

“Oh no!” She followed the twins as they left into the hallway. Dolores followed them. “She is not going? She won’t if I say not.”
“She is not your daughter, sweety. And her father already allowed her to come with us.” Michael turned to her, walking backwards.
“He’s not! No!”
The two laughed as the trio exited to the garden. Matthius was cleaning his riding boots, peeling off some old mud.
“Gloria says she’s not coming!” Luke announced cheerfully. “Too much homework with the N.A.D.I. or something.”
“Great! We can stay here.” The old man replied, leaving his blade stuck in the grass and examining the boot he held up with one hand inside. “Do you boys have your suits ready?”
“Wait! Liliana is not going!” Dolores protested again. “She’s not…”
“She wants to go.” The man replied. He had a look Dolores already identified as him wanting to explore some issue without any real expectation, just curiosity. “I was hoping you would go too.”
“It’s not safe!”
“Come on, Glow.” Michael used the fake nickname he’d come up with. “It’s a diplomatic thing. We will be under the protection of every fucking metahuman in the dynastic system.”
Dolores didn’t pay any attention to her boyfriend. “You have no right authorizing her.”
“I sort of do. But I want to hear your standing.” He replied, gesturing at the boys to leave them alone. The twins left without hesitation and Matthius signaled at Dolores to follow him to the pool.
“You are not her father, Matthius. I am her elder sister.”
“Yes. But what does it actually mean to you, Dolores? I was surprised you both were using your fake name. Nobody’s listening on those invitations.”
She blushed both at the extent of his awareness and her oversight. “Yeah. I suppose I should’ve known. How did you?”
He smiled. “I had them checked before their entrance into the N.A.U.”
“Oh.”

They entered the poolside and closed the gate behind them. Dolores took off her shoes and sat the edge, refreshing her feet in the water. Matthius didn’t imitate her, instead sitting right next to his adopted daughter.
“I was told this whole situation would bring conflicts…”
“It’s not a conflict, Matthius. It’s just that.”
“She is your little sister. And you are supposed to protect her.”
His eyes met her with kindness. Dolores nodded but had to look down into the water. “I can’t protect her if I let her go right into the place my mother told us to stay away from.”
She’d already disclosed her mother’s last words. He seemed to understand. “As you know, I won’t be going. I hate that kind of things. Besides, the place will be festering with politics. I am sure Luke and Michael will grow bored and leave early.”
That seemed to imply they would be taking the jet.
“What good is this wedding?”
“Peace… perhaps. If not it will unbind things and let them fall through their right course. This is why I want the boys to go.”
It seemed mad.
“I don’t understand.” Dolores looked up to the old man confused.
“I overwatched a change of regime that I’ve come to detest. But it’s return into the twilight is not mine to unleash. Not even Gabriel, or Isaac. Not even Josiah. It’s up to you. I want my boys to be the first row witnesses of whatever happens.”
“They could… get hurt… die! Even worse!”
Matthius gave her a calming gesture. “Yes. It is the price of this family. I know they can fend for themselves and each other. I know you can for yourself and your sister. I wont force you to go. And yes, the decision for Estefanía is yours. But my advice, Dolores, is that you do.”
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon May 29, 2023 12:23 pm

Vale Royal, Kingston, Jamaica, NAU, 1 July 2020

Vice-Chancellor Ilsa Krause's Mercedes-Benz 770K Grosser W150 Offener Tourenwagen stopped at the gates of the President of the NAU's official residence in Kingston. As Ilsa left her car, flanked by some of her secretaries and Cabinet Ministers, she resisted the urge to frown outright. These were the highest-level official talks between the Reich and the NAU, and while under-secretaries and delegates had been busy for weeks hashing out the details, this was to represent a major breakthrough in North American and Reich relations.

And all by marrying the whore of Chile off, Ilsa thought as the NAU delegates greeted them and ushered them into the meeting chamber where the Kelvin siblings were waiting and shook their hands. Ilsa noted the various other ministers, secretaries, and dignitaries. It was a curious meeting of equals: neither Josiah nor Ilsa herself could read the other's mind.

Isaac spoke first, taking a long drink of some Carribean rum.

"Have everything you need? Specially prepared food, the best dancers, and good credit. After we can hit the casinos." He gestured to one of his assistants, a young blonde woman.

"Draw chips for everybody, so they can play on the house."

Ilsa declined as everyone sat down.

"The deal is fine," Josiah said drily. "The marriage will go through as planned. The borders will demilitarise 50 kilometres on both sides."

"I noticed the cocaine trade wasn't mentioned," Ilsa pointed out.

"There won't be a free trade agreement on that," Gabriel interjected. "It will still be subject to the same import duties."

Ilsa frowned but didn't make a big deal about it.

"Fine, and the wedding will take place in Buenos Aires as agreed. ECLIPSE will handle the security, as a neutral party."

"That's acceptable," Josiah commented. "The special dispensation came through allowing Gabe to marry."

Both parties signed the agreement. Isaac took another long drink to celebrate, as he passed cigars to his brothers.

"There is one more thing," Ilsa said. "We also want a good faith statement from the NAU disavowing both the Resistance and the war in East Asia."

"Why would we do that?" Isaac said, confused.

"It would go a long way," Ilsa replied. "We're doing you a favour here."

"Doing us a favour?" Josiah exclaimed. "You Kraut cunts make me laugh. You came to use for this deal."

"We agreed to avoid war, one you were set to pay dearly for. Your own vassals don't trust you, and Columbia--"

"Yes about that," Josiah said, suddenly standing up. "You don't have the muscle to beat us back. The Kaiserin is still in bad shape isn't that right?" he said with a wicked smile, one only a telepath has. "You think you can come here and make demands? I can talk to the other Houses and get a better deal than one with some cheap bull dyke whore?"

"Is that why you're selling weapons to South Han generals and housing Resistance agents?"

Josiah narrowed his eyes and pointed at Ilsa.

"Listen, I've been in this business a lot longer than you. Don't think I know what you're pulling with the Kaiserin and your little girls' club and get-togethers with other Houses. The NAU can do whatever it pleases, and House Kelvin can say whatever we want. There won't be a coke deal, there won't be talks of disavowing anyone, and you're lucky if Gabe only hits his bitch to be wife once a night. We're done here, boys," Josiah said, gesturing to his brothers as they made for the door.

"We'll see you at the wedding."
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue May 30, 2023 7:03 pm

Alfonso made his way through the rows and rows of slot machines. He was taking a leisurely stroll, pretending to be mesmerized by the flashing lights and trying his luck at a few of them. In reality, making a note of anybody who might be following him. With his training, it is an easy enough task. Gamblers were constantly hunched over, only ever stopping for their next drink. It would be easy to spot somebody tailing him. So far besides the overbearing muscle that most casinos employ, Alfonso was not being followed.

He went to the bar politely asking the bartender for a martini. While it was preparing, he scanned his immediate surroundings. To the right, a woman who clearly had too much to drink attempted to order more only to get turned away. To the left was a couple, an older man with a woman clearly in her 20s but hanging onto his every word. Clearly in his hand is a wad of 100 dollar bills, he is paying for tonight's entertainment.

Taking a sip of his drink, he turned to the nearby bar table. A man in a suit talking to a woman, something about them gave Alfonso pause. He watched their conversation, their stance, and their body language. Of course, when he saw them lean closer he took notice. He watched their lips making out what he could.

"Here. Four Dragons."
He saw the man say. A group walked in front of Alfonso, he remained calm waiting for them to pass. Once his vision was clear he watched.

"..gem was stolen?" Gem? Taking a drink as he watched the conversation end. He kept his attention on the woman, it then clicked in his head. The Reich Agent. As for the man, Alfonso was not sure. He unbuttoned his jacket, just underneath knives lined the inside. The staring would be obvious, he wanted to let them know he was watching.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Wed May 31, 2023 8:30 am

The New Winter Palace, Leningrad, 30 June 2020

Sergei once again stood on his balcony, overlooking his city with little expression on his face. It had been hard to say why exactly, but the feelings of despair he had put up with for years were now pushing in all the harder. It was always the irony of his powers. He had been given the powers of God and a life long enough to watch the world around him turn itself upside down thrice since his birth. And yet, they did nothing to quell the darkness within his own mind. As bright as he could shine, Sergei found himself still unable to purge the shadows of war.

A tear rolled down his cheek as he watched a red-haired woman cross the square below him. Ivan had once asked him why Sergei visited Olympus only sparingly. How could he? How could he spend earnest time around the devil that haunted him, had taken everything from him. The Red Tsar wiped his face with a gloved hand and then slammed it on the concreter barrier of the Balcony. The structure cracked a bit beneath his fist.

A soft voice came from behind him. "Not interrupting anything am I?"

Maria. The girl had become an inescapable part of his life over the past few weeks as his secretary. Not that Sergei was one to complain. She was certainly much better at it compared to the man who had filled the position before. And the girl was kind in a way that reminded him of Anya, seeing him as a person and not just as First Citizen or a Weapon or anything else. Sergei shook his head and said "Just thinking about times long before you were born Maria. Why are you here?"

"I was just going to go down to the square and grab some lunch."

"Very well. Let me know when you are back."

"Would... would you like anything."

Sergei sighed. He could eat of course, but what was the point. "No... no I don't think I would."

"Surely there is something you would like?"

"Maria, when you are as old as I, even the finest of dining begins to taste like ash. Go now. Enjoy your lunch."

Maria gave the Red Tsar a concerned look, before nodding and turning around. Sergei waited for her to leave, before putting his face in his hand for but a moment. The dread washed over him for a moment, but he pushed it off. That was for another day. He still had his people to lead.

Co-write between myself and Brit

ECLIPSE Headquarters, Olympus, 1 July 2020

Amarya Mizrahi sat at his desk, carefully examining documents. Underground ledgers tracking drug, gun, and other black market items, the latest updates in the various black projects ECLIPSE ran, mission reports, another failed escape by HARPUN-1, just more of the same that usually passed across his desk. The old scion of the MESSIAH program sometimes wished he was back in the field, fighting on solid ground. Still, he never allowed these notions to disabuse him of reality. He was the shield of the Dynasties, keeping threats at bay so they could play politics with each other. The world would not fall while he watched over it.

The Queen of Earth entered Mizrahi’s office.

“Amarya,” she said simply. “Are you terribly busy?”

The old Israeli looked up from his papers and removed a pair of spectacles from his face, saying calmly “Not at all your majesty. What can I help you with?”

“What do you make of those brothers who lead North America?”

“Not much. I understand the fondness you held for their mother but to be frank, putting their family anywhere close to a position of power has been a mistake that has cost us all dearly over the years.”

Columbia nodded.

“Yes, the scandals are coming in daily,” she remarked bitterly. “I am not a fan of underhanded tactics, or the art of shadow warfare, but even I must put my foot down.” The Queen paused.

“In a few weeks, they will be in Buenos Aires. I am informed that ECLIPSE will be handling the security for this event.” Columbia didn’t need to say anything else.

“See to it that what has to be done, is done.”

Amarya picked up a communications device and said calmly “The moment has been prepared for. I’m going to make some calls. You shouldn’t hear what is said on them.”

Columbia thanked the Director and made her leave of the room, sighing with relief that justice would be done.

KGB Operations Center, Afghanistan, July 1st, 2020

Anastasia Khilkov sat waiting at the video screen showing a waiting for receipt logo on it. Once again she cursed being in this god forsaken province, but she had yet to recieve her orders to withdraw and so would remain until Sergei called her back. Still, that didn't mean she couldn't give orders back to Leningrad. Finally, the screen opened up to reveal the face of Alexei Kozlov, Sergei's latest project like herself. Anya couldn't deny the young man had talent either, and so she had been trying to integrate him into her operations as best as she could from her current posting. "Alexei, do you read?"

"Loud and clear ma'am."

"Good. I have a new assignment for you, of the utmost importance. It does not leave our organization, understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

"We're hearing chatter through the grapevine of something big happening in Buenos Aires during the farce of a wedding the Reich has planned to shore up their northern front. It could provide an excellent opportunity to both destabalize the Nazis and the Americans by breaking this illusion of truce."

"Understood. What's the assignment."

"Your target is Amelia Kelvin. I'm sure you'll find your powers more than suitable for the mission. I don't care how it is done, from the sound of things the city is already going to be loud enough that any action will likely go unnoticed in the chaos. Just make sure that you aren't linked to it. Your tickets to the wedding and attire have been procured and are waiting for you at our jetport. Get this done Alexei."

The young man offered a curt salute, and hung up. Anya smiled, knowing she was doing the world a favor on this one even if she was acting a bit outside her wheelhouse.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Four Dragons Hotel and Casino, New Vegas Strip, New Vegas, Disneyland, 2200, 26 June 2020

Finishing up her conversation with Berger left Antoinette with a few more clues. The Four Dragons, evidently, was where Evelyn went missing. The evidence that she had gathered so far at least seemed to confirm Berger's information.

So it seems that the Toons weren't totally of base either, she mused. If Maleficent is to be trusted, then Oswald or Mickey might have more information.

As Antoinette left the bar after thanking the contact, she felt the familiar sense of being watched. She tried to evade the tail for a while as she walked around the casino but realised that if Teris was onto her, then other agents were likely quick on her as well. She smiled a bit. Vegas really was a den of spies.

The disguised SS agent approached Alfonso, lighting a cigarette and taking a long drag.

"First time in Vegas?" she asked, blowing some smoke in his face.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Kelvin Residence. Nashville.
Kelvin Crownlands, N.A.U.

Dolores was getting tired of waking up in the middle of the night. That night in particular. It was the fourth time she opened her eyes. She rolled over her bedsheets to free her arm, tingling furiously, and checked the watch attached to it.
Just shy of four in the morning. As if to confirm the time she quickly glanced to the window. Her eyes adapted to the darkness outside, discovering the faint traces of light shining shy through the sky to announce the incoming sunrise.

Everybody was asleep, her brain confirmed. Everybody but her.

After pushing herself up and sitting on the edge of her bed, Dolores moaned and allowed the blood to flow back down her arm. It was not the tingling that woke her up, though. It was that feeling. The same she had in the tests at the N.A.D.I. during Simulation. A part of her brain just by the frontal lobe activated. It made her legs shock with a nervous wave and her gut wrinkle and twist. At least that’s how it felt sometimes.

She checked the watch again, but focused on an option that displayed the intensity of a modified Null Field that allowed her not to lose her mind. At least until she learnt how to better control her perception. It was at 80 percent. Gabriel had suggested she didn’t go over 80%.
“Maybe once I go back to sleep.” She muttered. Her gut twisted, but not out of danger.

Down in the kitchen it was just as the time she snuck out of bed at three in the morning short after arriving into Nashville. It brought her memories. How much had happened since? Dolores opened the fridge and stole some slices of cheese and bread. She tried to focus on the bread and the bubbles in the dough. Anything to keep her away of the feeling.

Michael woke up. She felt his perception flare up out of nothing like a torchlight. It went into the bathroom and then down the stairs. She found Dolores biting through the half of her sandwich.

“Morning snack, I see.” He said quietly and then somehow smiled and yawned at the same time. “Did you leave any for me?”
She offered him a plate with a second sandwich she made. He said something about her being lovely before kissing her and sitting next to her in by the kitchen island.
“It’s the third night I’ve been sleeping like shit.” She said, then finished her sandwich. Michael didn’t start his.
“Nightmares again?” He asked. He’d no doubt figured out why she went to the swimming pool at three am the first time. Dolores nodded.
“Just… something. Like some instinct in my brain, I didn’t have before. It’s the <<Q-pattern>>, as they call it at the N.A.D.I. But it’s… diluted. Not like lesser, but just off.”
“Has something changed about your foresight?”

He insisted on calling it <<foresight>>. It made her sound like a psychic. She was tired of insisting that she couldn’t predict the future.
“Nothing… It’s… I don’t know. I just wake up feeling I am in danger. Except… I am not? I don’t know. It feels dumb. And yet…”
“And yet it’s driving you crazy.” Michael had finished his sandwich as she spoke. Dolores nodded.
“I am just tired.”
“Maybe we should go for a swim.”

It wasn’t a cure, but Dolores was glad she’d accepted his proposal. The watch was lying on the edge of the pool as she and Michael kissed at the bottom of the pool. It was a silent, dark world that consisted only of him. She was also surprised at how much she could stay down there. It felt like hours.
“Holy shit! It’s almost five! How long were we down there?” She asked checking the watch while leaning on the edge. He approached her with half his face under water and then spat a small jet on her eyes. “Pendejo!” she granted while splashing back to him. Short after the duel died out and Michael was sitting on the cement.
“I kept your body from asphyxiating. Weird, huh?”
“Creepy. So… I survived down there without oxygen for…”
“Twenty-five minutes. I think it’s pretty cool.”
And at no point did her brain considered the danger. Dolores smiled.

They found Matthius getting ready for a morning ride. He checked his saddle near the path leading to the Grounds. Dolores knew the man in charge of the horses was bringing Isophie from the stables. The old man waved at them as the two came dripping through the grass.
“Rise and shine! Lucia will make breakfast in a bit.”
“We already had.” Michael replied. “Do you think I can join you for a ride?”

The old man’s face seemed to illuminate at the proposition. “I’d love that. Go get yourself dry and bring your things. We will go get Sasquash afterwards.”
Michael nodded and kissed Dolores before jolting off towards the house. Matthius chuckled and she blushed.
“Oh, no need for that. The whole family knows about it. Just make sure you two don’t get annoying about it when we are around. This was not annoying by the way. Just normal stuff.”
“Alright. I’ll try not to blush.”

Something must have changed in her face, as Matthius’s expression became much less joyful.
“Is something wrong?”
“It’s this bloody thing! Or at least I think.” She motioned to the watch on her wrist. “I keep waking up and… I don’t know. Something feels wrong.”
“Are you still worried about the wedding?”
“No… not really. It’s something else… different. As if I was in danger but not quite now. Or not quite… me?”

Matthius sighed and looked at the house, probably calculating how much longer it would take Michael to come down. “Have you learned how to tell between different threats?”
“Almost. This one is on the harm category.” She recalled the groups of threats she’d built: Lie, Sabotage, Harm and Starve. Had Michael’s power started to fail under the pool , the Starve precognitions would have kicked in before even he realized.
“Sounds serious then. But maybe it’s not so much something that is bound to happen. Have you read Falkward’s Theory?”
She shrugged.

“Of course. It’s pretty heavy stuff. A lot of it is junk, to be honest. But he theorized cognitive abilities can become trapped in a loop unless externalized. Just like trauma.”
“So… I don’t quite understand.”
“Write down what comes to your mind.” He said as if he wanted to finish off the idea quick. And Dolores understood why, as Michael was coming out of the house in a polo shirt and riding pants and boots.
“Fancy to come?”
“I think I’ll stay. Have something to do.”
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:06 am

COMBAT CENTRAL
MMA News with Hiro Moritani and Raja Pranav

“I will flatline him”: Albion’s Edward Morgan predicts first round knockout of welterweight king Adam Clarke
GOTHAM: Rising Albionite contender Edward “The Captain” Morgan (21-2), currently on an eight fight win streak, predicts that he will knock out reigning welterweight champion Adam Clarke (31-7) ahead of their headlining clash at Meta Legends 176.

“I have full confidence in my power and in my conditioning”, said Morgan, speaking to the press shortly after the weigh-ins, where he made championship weight on the very first try. “Adam Clarke is not used to the kind of power I carry. He’s a quitter… but I will flatline him before he can quit.”

Morgan, 27, is currently the No. 1 welterweight contender, and boasts 16 career knockouts, of which 7 were in the very first round. He earned his title shot against Clarke after a five-round war in December which saw him edge out a hard-fought split decision victory over Russia’s Igor Tskhovrebov (9-3). If he is victorious, Morgan will be the fifth undisputed Meta Legends World Champion from Albion, after former heavyweight champion Alvin Spaulding, former middleweight champion Michael Bespin, and former welterweight champions Charles Hutchins and Noah McGregor.

“He will learn what it truly means to be champion”: Adam Clarke confident of victory in first title defence
GOTHAM: Welterweight champion Adam “The Doctor” Clarke (31-7) does not believe his first challenger, Edward Morgan, is up to the task of dethroning him.

In an interview shortly after weigh-ins, Clarke, 33, told the media that he is confident of victory against Morgan, further adding that Morgan is still not ready to be champion.

“The guy’s got power, but it’s all he has”, said Clarke to the press, after making championship weight. “When I watch his tapes, I can see he hasn’t got it. When we’re locked inside that circle, I’ll make him swallow his words. Then he will learn what it truly means to be champion.”

Prior to winning the undisputed championship, Adam Clarke won the Interim Welterweight Championship in 2017, but came up short in his first title fight against then champion Noah McGregor (25-8). McGregor subsequently lost the title to Yoo Seong-hoon (16-4), whom Clarke would later go on to dethrone, having gone on a 3 fight win streak since his loss to McGregor.

“A true legend of this sport”: Albion’s Reyn Brandybuck respectful of former heavyweight champion Himejima ahead of prelim-featured clash
GOTHAM: Headlining the preliminary card of Meta Legends 176: Clarke vs Morgan is rising heavyweight prospect Reyn Brandybuck (9-1, 1NC), who will be fighting none other than the former heavyweight world champion, Kōhei Himejima (42-17) in the latter’s final fight of his career. While confident, “Reynbow” Brandybuck recognises the gravity of the task set out for him in only his second Meta Legends fight.

“I watched Kōhei Himejima’s fights when I was growing up”, said Brandybuck, 25, shortly after weighing in. “He’s one of my idols, and one of the greatest fighters of all time. Being able to fight him in his retirement fight is the greatest honour of my life. I won’t let you all down.”

“The Monk” Himejima, 40, did not comment on his imminent retirement.

“He’s a tough kid”, said Himejima. “And as a former champion, I will give it everything I have. May Amida Buddha protect us.”

Himejima is the second most decorated heavyweight champion in Meta Legends history, boasting four consecutive title defences, a record surpassed only by incumbent champion Dolgorsüren Dagvadorj, with whom he fought three times. He is also the fighter with the fourth most performance bonuses in Meta Legends history. His bout against Reyn Brandybuck will be his 60th and final professional MMA match.

META LEGENDS 176: CLARKE vs MORGAN
Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden
1 August 2020

Meta Legends returns to Gotham City on the 1st of August with a card headlined by a welterweight title bout between reigning Welterweight World Champion Adam Clarke, and his first challenger: Albion’s Edward Morgan, who is currently on a seven fight win streak. The main card also features a light-heavyweight division ranked contenders’ bout between former light-heavyweight title challenger Mönkh-Orgil Nergüi and rising Spanish star Felipe Sanchez, and a women’s flyweight bout between undefeated No. 2 flyweight Wondergirl Banchamek and No. 5 ranked veteran Han Ayun.

In the feature bout of the preliminary card, former Heavyweight World Champion Kōhei Himejima will fight for the final time in his career against Reyn Brandybuck, a wrestling champion and rising prospect from Albion.

MAIN CARD

Adam Clarke (C) vs Edward Morgan (1)
アダム=クラーク vs エドワード=モルガン
Tennessee, WWF • Albion
The Fitness Academy • Victoria Pugilistic Academy
31-7 • 21-2
170lbs • 170lbs
WORLD WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Mönkh-Orgil Nergüi (2) vs Felipe Sanchez (5)
ムンフオリギル=ネルグイ vs フェリペ=サンチェス
Govi-Altai, Yuan • Madrid, Spain
Yawara Judo Gym • La Biblioteca Boxeo
31-8 • 12-2
205.5lbs • 205lbs
Light-Heavyweight Bout

Wondergirl Banchamek (2) vs Han Ayun (5)
ワンダーガール=バンチャメック vs 韓雅演
Krung Thep, Kingdom of Siam • Daegu, Korea
Banchamek Muay Thai Gym • IceStorm MMA
11-0 (Muay Thai: 98-18-3) • 20-4
126lbs • 125lbs
Women’s Flyweight Bout

~+~+~+~+~

PRELIMINARY CARD

Kōhei Himejima vs Reyn Brandybuck
悲鳴嶼公平 vs ライン=ブランディバック
Kyoto, Japan • Albion
Kimetsu Fight Team Tokyo • Monado Arts
42-17 • 9-1, 1NC
244lbs • 256lbs
Heavyweight Bout

Yodlek Gaiyanghadao (2) vs Keith Chang (5)
ヨッレク=ガイヤンハダオ vs 張仁傑
Krung Thep, Kingdom of Siam • Singapore, Kingdom of Siam
Kinorn MMA • Lion City Warriors Club
11-2 (Muay Thai: 196-37) • 12-3 (Boxing: 27-5)
136lbs • 135lbs
Bantamweight Bout

Yōko Itō (5) vs Ekaterina Ramazanova
伊藤洋子 vs エカテリーナ=ラマザノヴァ
Tokyo, Japan • St. Petersburg, Russia
Wajutsu Kakutōgi • AKM Gym
19-5 • 11-3
133.5lbs • 135lbs
Women’s Bantamweight Bout

Feng Yuanyi vs Augusto Machado
馮原義 vs アウグスト=マチャド
Guangzhou, Yuan • São Paulo, Brazil
Wolf Warrior MMA • Danaher Death Squad
15-4 • 12-1
158lbs • 155lbs
Lightweight Bout Catchweight Bout (158lbs)

Mohamadreza Azizpour vs Nathan James
モハマドレザ=アジズポール vs ネイサン=ジェームス
Tehran, Iran / Berlin, Germany • Havana, Cuba
TapNapSnap Berlin • Breggos Dee Gym
8-2 • 10-4
156lbs • 156lbs
Lightweight Bout
Last edited by Nagakawa on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:32 am

Guangdong, South Han
Luochun Army Base - Headquarters, 10th Imperial Commando Battalion (Imperial Technate Armed Forces Commando Formation)

2 July 2020
3:00PM

"We're moving out at 2000h sharp! I want all preliminary inspections to be completed by 1630h. Those companies which finish preliminary inspections first, go and have your dinner, and be ready for final inspection at 1930h."

Unlike most other commanding officers in the South Han armed forces, Colonel Ou Wen-hao was an ordinary human, not a Paladin or a metahuman. He had been stuck at the rank of colonel for fifteen years as a result, his hair turning grey while his juniors rose past him to join the ranks of the generals and admirals in the South Han military, a group that became increasingly thin as the war dragged on and underperforming commanders were liquidated.

Seeing the fate of the numerous one-star generals promoted before they had the requisite experience, thrown into the fray, and then turned into the scapegoats who would take on the sins of the whole military and be crucified at Gao Guan-yin's behest, Colonel Ou could not help but feel that, perhaps, the stagnation of his career was something of a blessing in disguise. He had never been a strong believer in the Empress' ideology of Han supremacy, but this was not a country or an organisation that rewarded honest expression of disagreements.

His orders to the 10th Imperial Commando Battalion, the amphibious unit of which Colonel Ou had served as commanding officer for six years and counting, were all vetted first by a Paladin "handler" to whom he was now beholden, a young man holding the rank of captain, who answered directly to Gao Guan-yu - the younger brother of the Empress, a man whose exact appointment was unclear, but whose authority over the military was unquestionable.

"I hope you understand the gravity of the situation, Colonel Ou." The Paladin, standing before Colonel Ou's desk, folded his arms and walked around in a circle around the office. "The 10th Commando Battalion is the only amphibious unit in the Han's entire military that is currently sufficiently supplied, so as to be able to effectively prosecute the required offensive in Jingzhou."

"You can blame the Logistics Formation for that." Colonel Ou lit a cigarette and blew a ring. He subconsciously raised his hand to fondle his own chest, adorned with airborne wings and rows of colourful ribbons. "Who knows what the hell they're doing."

"We can blame anyone", the Paladin replied with a chuckle, one that Colonel Ou did not seem to share. "But as things are, your unit is the only one that is ready. The others require at least another two months. I hope you understand why we need to be so urgent."

"The Transport Corps better not fuck up", Colonel Ou retorted. "I placed an order for twenty five trucks to carry our equipment to the air base, but Zheng Guo-qiang, the stupid bitch, he told me he could only send seventeen. Next, I bet the Air Force fuckers will tell me that they have no more Charlies, and we have to run northwards. I'll hang them by the balls."

Suddenly, the phone on Colonel Ou's desk began ringing. He glanced up at the Paladin, who shrugged back at him, and then picked the handset up.

"Colonel Ou Wen-hao, CO 10 Commando. Who is this?"

"Sir, there's been an attempted suicide case."

Colonel Ou spat his cigarette out and threw the handset across the room.

"LET ME GO!!! LET ME GO!!!"

Sergeant Guan Li-ming, the chief quartermaster sergeant of the 10th Commando Battalion, was conscripted into the South Han military on the 29th of September 2018, and was just about two months away from the completion of his mandatory military service when, on the early morning of the 30th of June, he received a letter from the Central Manpower Office informing him that his term of service had been extended for another three years.

At 1515h, just as the preliminary inspections were about to begin, a nameless conscript corporal who had been tasked to unlock the ammunition bunker to withdraw ammunition ahead of the 10th Commando's being deployed to Jingzhou found that the ammunition bunker was still locked.

There were two keys to the ammunition bunker - one was held by the unit logistics officer, and the other was held by the chief quartermaster sergeant. The 10th Commando Battalion's logistics officer, Major Zhang Yao, had been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel just one day earlier and hastily transferred to head a unit in the Logistics Formation, whose previous commanding officer had gone AWOL. The new unit logistics officer had not yet arrived, and so the second key was temporarily being held by none other than the chief quartermaster sergeant, a 22-year-old junior NCO conscript by the name of Guan Li-ming, who had not been seen since 1445h, when he had been instructed to open the ammunition bunker.

Colonel Ou's secretary was the first to find Sergeant Guan. Sergeant Guan was lying on the ground in the mess hall bathroom, his breathing irregular and his skin grey and clammy. A standard-issue pocketknife lay a short distance away from him, stained in blood. Deep incisions crisscrossed both of his wrists, and his uniform was soaked in blood.

"LET ME GO!"

The moment Colonel Ou's secretary tried to touch him, however, Sergeant Guan screamed horrifically and began to sob uncontrollably.

"I DON'T WANT TO LIVE! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE!!"

The commotion that had appeared outside the mess hall bathroom was quickly dispelled by the arrival of two medics and of Colonel Ou himself, who crouched beside Sergeant Guan as the two medics quickly tended to his self-inflicted wounds.

"Soldier", he tenderly whispered into Sergeant Guan's ear, as he grabbed him by the shoulder. "Stay with me. You'll be alright."

"I WANT TO DIE! I WANT TO DIE! I WANT TO DIE!!!" Sergeant Guan howled deliriously. "LET ME DIE! I WANT TO BE FREE!!"

"Out of the way."

Suddenly, the Paladin captain who had been attached to Colonel Ou appeared, pushing him aside and towering over the wounded sergeant.

"Go away", he ordered the two medics.

"Sir, we need to-"

"I said go away!"

The two medics, terrified of the Paladin, slowly backed away. The Paladin crouched beside Sergeant Guan, seized him by the face, and yanked him up.

"Where is the key to the ammunition bunker?" he asked.

"I ... I ... I want to ..." Sergeant Guan's voice became weaker.

"WHERE IS THE FUCKING KEY!?" The Paladin roared.

Sergeant Guan did not respond. The Paladin furiously dropped him back on the ground, groping his blood-stained uniform from head to toe, but could not find any keys.

"Open the ammo bunker, Colonel Ou", the Paladin demanded. "Open it."

"When we find the keys, we will", Colonel Ou replied.

"Fuck the keys! I want it open!"

"You know we cannot!" Colonel Ou's face was turning red in anger as well as in dread - a deep, unearthly dread, a fear deeper than that of any eldritch god or devil. The fear of the military judiciary. "The bunker is sealed unless we have the keys! You of all people should know that."

"Then order a new fucking key! Or find them!"

"Sir, we need to..." One of the medics motioned fearfully at Sergeant Guan, who lay on the ground motionless, his chest barely moving at all.

The Paladin got up, stormed over to the medic, and grabbed him by the neck. The other medic whimpered in fear and cowered between two urinals, as the Paladin lifted the first medic up, and then slammed him face first into the ground.

To: Maj. Gen. Ke Yong-liang, Cdr. Jingzhou Front; CO, 2DIV

Sir,

It is with deepest apology that I inform you that the 10th Imperial Commando Battalion will not be able to meet the stipulated H hour of 05/07/2020, 0000h. We have encountered significant difficulties re: ammunition procurement, and will therefore not be able to move out of Luochun Base until 04/05/2020 at the very earliest. We expect to reach Jingzhou no later than 09/07/2020 0000h.

Once again, I deeply apologise for the delay, and will take full responsibility.

Yours,

Colonel Ou Wen-hao
Commanding Officer, 10th Imperial Commando Battalion

"So... what now, sir?"

The situation in Jingzhou had been at an impasse for weeks, despite South Han possessing a vast numerical advantage. Day after day, Major General Ke Yong-liang was receiving threatening messages from Hong Kong, demanding a change in the situation.

He had deduced, after surveying his resources, manpower, and materiel, that due to the difficulty of constructing a new bridge across the river, the only quick solution to the deadlock would be to gamble on an amphibious assault to break through the Lei-Yuan coalition line on the other side of the river. And so he had lodged a formal request for the deployment of a commando unit, duly submitting his wargaming and his proposals to support that request.

The request was granted... but the help, it seemed, would not arrive.

"Open the fridge, Lieutenant Wan. Get me the juice."

Lieutenant Wan, the personal aide to Major General Ke Yong-liang, had never seen him so dejected before. The man, who had lost a significant amount of his once thick hair, such that his scalp was visible even under the dimmest of light, was slumped on the tattered sofa in his field office. His uniform was completely unbuttoned, revealing his stained undershirt, straining against the beginnings of a small pot belly underneath. A single white glove lay on the ground, the fingertips of which were stained a dirty yellow - the other was nowhere to be found. On the wall, the portrait of Empress Gao Guan-yin surveyed her empire proudly; a cramped concrete room, saturated in cigarette smoke and strewn with the empty wrappers of protein bars and breath mints.

"Sir..."

"Let's have a drink, Rong-hua", Major General Ke said to Lieutenant Wan, addressing him by his given name.

"Th-The whiskey, sir?" Lieutenant Wan opened the dusty minifridge in the corner of Major General Ke's office, removing from it the only thing contained within - a large bottle of Righteous No. 12 whiskey. A cheap, shoddily made whiskey, made more expensive solely because of its association with Meta Legends FC Featherweight Champion Gregory O'Connor, one of the biggest superstars in the sport of MMA.

Major General Ke nodded. Lieutenant Wan scurried across the room and handed him the bottle, which was only about one third full. He opened the cap, took a swig from it, and then handed it to Lieutenant Wan.

"Cheers", he said.

Last edited by Nagakawa on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:45 am

Katell Quéméneur
Giobráltar, Éire
26 June

Katell rubbed her dry, bloodshot eyes in an attempt to get them to focus. She hadn't slept in two days, the weight of the office taking its toll on her. She fully expected to start hallucinating at any moment the way she was feeling, but so far that was the one area of her mental faculties that had not degraded. When Heinrich strode in with beheaded Curiens, she'd hoped deep down that she was starting to lose her grip on reality but she could based on everyone else's reaction that she wasn't the only one seeing it.

She leaned her head down and let out a heavy sigh. Not once had someone mentioned her name. No one even cast a look at the work she was doing to restore the war torn state, the work that was stressing her to the point of exhaustion. All they wanted was some way for them to benefit from her people's suffering. She raised her head and reluctantly stood up.

"Since everyone is so concerned, the rebuilding process is going well." She said, pinching her forehead with one hand. "As for the Curien situation, intelligence currently places their numbers a little over one hundred, 99% of their numbers having been captured and killed by Irish forces. Of course you probably don't believe me, but I hear Leo XIV witnessed it himself so unless you also to call the Pope a liar..." She trailed off and absently shuffled some papers, trying to reorganize her thoughts.

"Relocation..." she started, then picked up again after a pause, "An Ghaill is not what its predecessor was. I implore her people to return to her. As a voice of the people who were likely next in the regime's crosshairs, I assure you that there is nothing left of it in the lordship."

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:31 pm

Guangzhou - South Han
Hengyang Base - Imperial Han Airborne Formation Headquarters
Early 2020

It was a night of pomp and celebration. The massive parade square of Hengyang Base had been decorated with maroon banners and fluttering flags, the bleachers surrounding it packed to the brims with soldiers in uniform.

In the centre of the parade square, standing to attention as the national anthem of South Han thundered on majestically, stood 19-year-old Lance-corporal Yang Teng-yi, one of two hundred freshly minted airborne troopers graduating that night, decked out in camouflaged fatigues and combat gear, their faces painted green. Standing on the dais before them was none other than Empress Gao Guan-yin herself, in full regalia, flanked on one side by General Wang Wei-sheng, Chief of the Imperial Han Armed Forces, and on the other side by Brigadier General Li De-ming, Chief Airborne Officer.

It was a night of pomp and celebration. But Teng-yi felt neither pride nor happiness.

Two days ago, his beloved grandmother had finally passed on. Free from her illness, free from the pain.

"I want to see you come home", she had said to him tearfully, on the day of his forced enlistment, when the Paladins in uniform came to take him away. "I want to see you again."

She never did.

The emblem of the Imperial Han Airborne Formation - an upright stiletto from which a pair of wings sprouted - loomed ominously over the parade square, emblazoned across a huge banner behind the dais upon which the Empress stood. Its Latin motto - "SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS" - was plastered above the emblem.

"Her Majesty the Empress", the emcee announced, "will now present the red beret and the airborne wings to the graduating troopers."

How strange the memory felt now. It was as if the blaring music and the clapping of the audience in the bleachers had been blended into an ugly fog. The Empress stepped off of the dais and began walking down towards the three formations, as did General Wang and Brigadier General Li. All three were accompanied by two soldiers, each carrying a large tray, one of which bore the maroon headdresses of South Han's airborne forces and the other, the wings. The three guests of honour of that night each chose one of the three formations; and the one in which Teng-yi stood was the one the Empress chose.

Gao Guan-yin's eyes were lifeless. Not that Teng-yi could tell - his mind was in overdrive. All he could think about was his grandmother, the phone call he received just two days prior in the middle of the night, informing him that she had since departed the mortal realm.

When Gao Guan-yin affixed the red beret atop his head, he tried to sneak a glance at her face, but the Empress did not even so much as make eye contact with him. It was as if he was nobody to her.

Then she took the silver wings off of the other tray and pounded it into his left chest.

Wuhan, Hubei (Lei Family)
Wuhan General Hospital

2 July 2020
3:45PM

The city was beautiful, Yang Teng-yi thought to himself. It bore visible signs of scarring from the bombing campaigns that the Han Air Force had conducted, yet its air of freedom was untainted. He was still dressed in a hospital gown as he stood on the ledge on the rooftop, twenty five stories above ground.

There was no reason for him to have gone all the way up. It was just to take a look at the scenery, he told himself. He would look out into the distance, and nothing more.

But what awaited him in the distance? What was there for him in the future? Here he was, being taken care of by the enemy of all people. Already, he had long forgotten what he had hoped to do before he was taken away to join the army. All those countless times he had cried in the bathroom at midnight, clutching his shaved head and playing with the standard-issue pocketknife, it was the memory of his grandmother that had kept him alive. He had to endure every torture, every injustice, if only so he could return to be with her in her final moments, when her body no longer could hold its own against the cruel disease it had inflicted upon itself.

Even that, now, had been taken away from him. As a soldier, Teng-yi knew his duty was to protect his country. But his country was made up of people like his grandmother. And the military - it was them that took her from him. It was the military that took from him his ability to protect her, to send her off. She was the only family he had, and he, her.

Teng-yi looked down at his hospital gown as he climbed onto the ledge. On the left side of the shirt, there was a pocket. He fondled his chest - a cold, metallic object burned at his fingertips. Airborne wings, pinned directly into his chest, irremovable. Forever. They were now a part of his life, forever parasitically feeding off of the memory of his grandmother and her beautiful smile. He ruffled his hands through his now long and unkempt hair, but felt instead the woolen touch of a red beret. That was now a part of his life.

A broken life indeed, he thought to himself, as he took a step forward... and then felt himself yanked backwards and thrown onto the floor.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

Teng-yi could not hold back his tears any longer, as he broke into a smile.

"Wei-xiang, please..."

The former military policeman's wheelchair sat a few metres away from the ledge. He had leapt over on his one leg, grabbing Teng-yi around the torso, and wrestling him away from the brink.

"Why are you doing this!?" Wei-xiang yelled in his face. "Don't you value your own life!?"

"I... I..." Teng-yi forced himself to smile through his tears. "I don't. I don't know what else I have to live for."

Wei-xiang slowly released his grip, but Teng-yi still did not get back up.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:54 am

Queen Isabella III

Gibraltar
Éire, Western Europe

26 June 2020

Naval Monte wrote:---

Demencia wrote:---

"Much as I loathe to agree with him, the German fiend's allegations aren't completely without merit."

As the tirade of Heinrich and his underlings droned on, Isabella slouched back in her seat at the other end of the table, flanked by the rest of the Spanish delegation. She had been listening to them with a permanent resting scowl on her face--no doubt mirrored by those of the German delegation across from her.

She didn't dislike Heinrich, per se. No. That would be a colossal understatement. She outright despised Heinrich. In fact, if there was one thing she still shared with Marie, it was her utter contempt for that godless monster. And she didn't bother to hide it either, regardless of what her fellow lords thought about it. A more trifling part of her was almost disappointed those Curien failed to do him in. Even more so that she had to cooperate with him in these times.

Without nary a word or motion from their queen, one of the Spanish aides came forward with some documents of his own.

"The Interior Ministry has made efforts to screen every refugee that crosses our border with France," Isabella spoke. "So far, civilians and detained collaborators alike have disclosed similar details and anecdotes regarding the many crimes perpetrated by the defunct Holy Regent and her government. We've compiled a number of their testimonies to be presented here today, if any members with to review them."

Isabella soon uncrossed her arms and straightened her posture, piggybacking off the remarks of...whoever that French woman was. She wasn't in the dossier, if memory served.

"While the French collapse has undoubtedly solved many problems, though, it has created just as many. Since our victory in Oceania, we have seen a resurgence of Resistance activity in our corner of the world. We have reason to believe that the overall instability caused by the collapse of the French government has allowed these sympathizers to gain a foothold in the region. If efforts are not made to restore order here at home, these dissidents can quickly become more than just a surface nuisance. Simply put, we must ensure the peaceful and swift reconstruction of all territories affected by the French regime and its collapse--directly or indirectly. The sooner we stem a potential refugee crisis and restore order, the better."

Khereid Dorjigiin Alakai-Khagan, the Mingzhi Empress
Christopher Morgan

Эзэн Xааны Oрдон, the Imperial Palace
Urga, Greater Mongolian Khanate - The Great Empire of Yuan

26 June, 2020
Evening

"Furthermore, I must caution you and your forces-–although, you are of no doubt aware–-any belligerent actions taken against us or our Southeast Asian neighbors would be met with swift condemnation and intervention from the Dynastic Congress. The renegade Gao Guan-yin is persona-non-grata. To take her side would set a foul precedent."

. . .

"Especially for someone of your ambitions."

"Don’t speak to me as if you know a thing about my ambitions, Prince!"

. . .

"It seems this meeting was of little to no worth. You will not accede to my demands, that much is obvious. I will, however, do this much for the situation out of respect to you and the amiable relations we have had in the past: My navy and air fleets shall be withdrawn until the upcoming Congress, where, I assure you, I will bring up this very issue. If a resolution cannot be made to solve or alleviate the current crisis, then I will take action."

"That, my dear Prince, is not a threat, but a guarantee I hope to not have to go forth with, for all our sakes!"

. . .

"Noted. We're done, then."

Click!

Her chambers went silent as last entry came to an end. The Empress, seated comfortably at her table, stared blankly into the idle screen of the laptop in front of her. A thumb drive jutted out of one of the side ports, containing the collection of audio clips taken from the war room.

And from behind her chair, Captain Oyuun stood, looking over her shoulder.

"That is the last one, Your Majesty."

"Mm..." she hummed, her only form of acknowledgement. She ever so slightly hung her head. Lost in her thoughts for a moment. Oyuun stepped around her chair, and gently closed the laptop shut.

"I will see to it that further meetings will be recorded and saved. For now, I advise Your Majesty to get some rest. It is getting late."

He unplugged the thumb drive, and stowed it away in the cuff of his jacket. Then, taking the laptop under his arm, he bowed out of the room.

"Thank you, Oyuun-Baghatur."

In silence once more, Alakai slouched back in her seat. Part of her was too tired to ponder it all further. Leaning her head back upon the neck of the padded chair, she let her eyes flutter shut, content to fall into slumber right then and there.

But then, just as quickly, her sapphire eyes snapped open again. Unmoving, her echoic voice spoke out into the open room.

"Do you plan to watch me all night, Khuyag?"

For a time, her empty chambers offered no response. Eventually however, the air around her began to stir and shift. A smoky blackness began to form just above the floor, twisting and swirling until it coalesced into the shape of a man. Chris composed himself before her, patting the wrinkles from his dark, unassuming clothes.

"Hm. Nothing gets past you, doesn't it?"

"You have an aura," Alakai said flatly. Her body fluttered off the chair the rest of the way, and touched back down in front of him.

"Did my brother tell you to spy on me?"

"He did," Chris nodded. "He's concerned for your safety."

"Yet I am the most well-guarded girl in the world."

"Yet no one in the Guard knows I'm here."

"Nor does a would-be intruder. That is the point, is it not?"

Chris chuckled. "You've got wit. I'll give you that. Just like your dad." Alakai frowned at that. She watched him saunter past her and over to her table, leaning casually into the back of that padded chair. He flashed her a brief smirk.

"Though it looks like I'm not the only one doing a bit of spying."

Her blank expression suddenly hardened.

"Don't worry. I won't tell," he reassured her. "You deserve to know the truth."

She relaxed her shoulders and, with a light sigh, began to pace.

"I do not understand. I was told Lady Marsah was a valued ally in the Dynastic Congress. During our Conference of Greater East Asia, I spoke personally with her for the first time. We exchanged pleasantries." She continued to traipse almost aimlessly about her chambers. When she reached an end of the room, she paced up the wall. And when she ran out of wall, she stepped onto the ceiling. "Yet now, she threatens us? We are at war, yet she would choose to be a foe, rather than a friend?"

Chris shook his head. "Because her words are just that: pleasantries. No different from the rest of them in the Congress. Show anything that looks like weakness, and they'll take advantage. Remember that."

His answer gave the now upside-down Empress a brief pause. She folded her hands behind her back. An old saying flashed suddenly through her train of thought.

'Өдөр нь ах дүү шиг ууж, инээж сууна...'

But from who or where, she...couldn't quite recall.

'...Гэтэл шөнө болоход бид бие биенээ хутгаар хутгана...'

"So I have heard..."

She craned her head upward, peering down at Chris below. "And it is for that reason that the court is in a panic. Of all things, the war in Siam has raised even more worries."

"For good reason," he shrugged. "Since the invasion into Siam, what was once our little rebel problem, has now gone international. Not only have the Siamese been dragged into this mess, but their allies have, too. Namely, the Nazis in South America."

Alakai crossed her arms. She then floated off of the ceiling, flipping gracefully upright before touching down once more upon the carpet. "Then why do the ministers worry?" she asked simply. "Do we not share the same enemy?"

"Officially? Yes," Chris tilted his head. "But think of the bigger picture."

"What have the Nazis wanted out of Asia for all these years? Influence. And what better way to gain influence than an excuse to deploy troops and claim territory for those who support them? It's all part of their game. For the drug trade... Opposing the Russians? Everything. That's what they're worried about--foreign powers, exploiting the chaos that comes out of war..."

"...and sticking their noses where they do not belong."

Yet again the girl frowned, turning to pace towards another far end of the room. Truly, the situation at hand was much more dire and complicated than she could have imagined. The meetings... The overheard conversations and debates at the Congress... Her own personal meeting with the Kaiserin...? It all made sense now.

The Empress wordlessly marched to the wall ahead, lined with silken curtains. She tugged a pair open, baring a window's view into the central courtyard. For a time, her sapphire eyes gazed out into the horizon, bathed in the orange glow of the setting sun.

"How much longer do you aim to stay in Urga, Khuyag?"

"For as long as I'm ordered."

"Then perhaps you would like new orders," she said firmly, before turning to face him again. "I want you to go to Siam."

Chris' head perked up, eyebrow raised. "You want me to spy on the Nazis' operations."

"I do. You are already familiar with some from the Oceanic campaign. Assist them against the rebels. Ingratiate yourself to them. Learn all there is to learn of their goals."

He pushed himself off the padded chair, standing up straight.

"And if they remember my face?"

"You are a contractor. Nothing more."
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:51 am

This Document is the Property of Her Imperial Majesty's Government

Printed for the Waffen SS Archives

Secret
Copy No 01

To be kept under lock and key

It is requested that special care be taken to
ensure the secrecy of this document

TRANSCRIPTS of a conversation held between Dr A Kasner and Viktoria von Eisenfaust, circa 2008, as a noted by SS Oberst-Gruppenführerin Erika Bormann

N.b: Dr Kasner’s family came to the Reich in the 1950s. They settled in Argentina, where she studied chemistry and bioengineering. She eventually came to work under the auspices of ODESSA and worked under Dr von Eisenfaust as he continued to experiment. Kasner was indispensable in achieving the Metahuman breakthroughs that produced Valkyrie Squad and was kept alive after the fall of von Eisenfaust’s regime in 2016 to ensure the proper continuation of Metahumans in the Reich.

Kasner: Are you ready to talk, Viktoria?
[Sound of chairs moving]
Kasner: No? [Sound of a cigarette lighter opening] You want to tell me why you put those three guards in the hospital?
Viktoria: They shouldn’t have been hitting Maria and Freyja.
Kasner: No, instead you put them in a coma and landed yourself three weeks in the brig. You want to know how the girls have been handling things since you’ve been away? Their rations were cut and their training doubled. That’s why if you have a problem with the guards you need to go through—
[Chairs screeching]
Viktoria: Then have the guards pick on me, I can handle it.
Kasner: And what precedent would that establish?
Viktoria: That I can always protect them. That I’ll always been there. I’m the strong one, the tough one.
Kasner: The others can’t rely on you forever. You are a squad, you need to work as a team.
[Silence for several minutes]
Kasner: We’re done here. Give her another three weeks in the hole.
[Chairs moving and a door opening]

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:30 pm

Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden

Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden

Meta Legends returns to Gotham City on the 1st of August with a card headlined by a welterweight title bout between reigning Welterweight World Champion Adam Clarke, and his first challenger: Albion’s Edward Morgan, who is currently on a seven fight win streak. The main card also features a light-heavyweight division ranked contenders’ bout between former light-heavyweight title challenger Mönkh-Orgil Nergüi and rising Spanish star Felipe Sanchez, and a women’s flyweight bout between undefeated No. 2 flyweight Wondergirl Banchamek and No. 5 ranked veteran Han Ayun.

In the feature bout of the preliminary card, former Heavyweight World Champion Kōhei Himejima will fight for the final time in his career against Reyn Brandybuck, a wrestling champion and rising prospect from Albion.

MAIN CARD

アダム=クラーク vs エドワード=モルガン
Tennessee, WWF • Albion
31-7 • 21-2
170lbs • 170lbs

31-8 • 12-2
205.5lbs • 205lbs
Light-Heavyweight Bout

ワンダーガール=バンチャメック vs 韓雅演
126lbs • 125lbs
Women’s Flyweight Bout

~+~+~+~+~

PRELIMINARY CARD

悲鳴嶼公平 vs ライン=ブランディバック
Kyoto, Japan • Albion
42-17 • 9-1, 1NC
244lbs • 256lbs
Heavyweight Bout

ヨッレク=ガイヤンハダオ vs 張仁傑
136lbs • 135lbs
Bantamweight Bout

伊藤洋子 vs エカテリーナ=ラマザノヴァ
19-5 • 11-3
133.5lbs • 135lbs

馮原義 vs アウグスト=マチャド
15-4 • 12-1
158lbs • 155lbs

8-2 • 10-4
156lbs • 156lbs
Lightweight Bout

“Ladies and gentlemen… WELCOME to Meta Legends 176: Clarke vs Morgan!! We are LIIIIVE from Madison Square Garden!!”

The crowd in the renowned Madison Square Garden boxing stadium cheered ecstatically as Bruce Duffer’s iconic declaration kicked off the card.

“Our first fight of the evening takes place in the lightweight division!! Introducing first, FIGHTING out of the red corner: a striker holding a professional mixed martial arts record of 8 wins, 2 losses. He stands at 5ft 8in tall, weighing in at 156lbs. Training under TapNapSnap Berlin, and fighting out of Tehran, Iran, and Berlin, Germany… Mohamedreza “No Mercy” Azizpour!!! And introducing his opponent, FIGHTING out of the blue corner: a kung fu fighter, holding a professional record of 10 wins and 4 losses. He stands at 5ft 11in tall, weighing in at 156lbs. Training under Breggos Dee Gym, and fighting out of Havana, Cuba… Nathan James!!!”

Mohamedreza Azizpour, thirty years of age, had a handsome and swarthy appearance despite looking significantly older than his years due to his greying hair; on the other hand, Nathan James, pasty white and decidedly not Cuban looking despite his stated country, looked more like a clown.

“Ready? Ready? Let’s go!”

“Mohamedreza in the blue trunks. Nathan James in the red and yellow shorts.” The commentators that evening were the boisterous and flamboyant Michele Scaramucci, and the blunt and somewhat coarse former Middleweight Champion Michael Bespin.

“Nathan fakes a glove touch and throws a high kick!” Michael Bespin remarked.

"Mohamedreza caught off guard, but the Iranian pops right back into action with a combination!" Michele exclaimed excitedly. "Nathan James is hurt!!"

Nathan backed away from his opponent, circling around the edge of the cage as Mohamedreza pressed forward, keeping his hands up to protect his face in a disciplined manner.

"Let's go! Action!" The referee, Jonah Hertz, clapped his hands and urged Nathan to engage instead of evading.

"Referee Jonah Hertz calls for more action on the part of Nathan James", Michele Scaramucci remarked. "But it seems that - OOO!!! HE GOT TAGGED!!!"

In a flash, Mohamedreza had landed a jab straight to Nathan's nose that rocked him and caused him to stumble backwards. With only one minute left on the clock, the Iranian rushed forward, pummeling Nathan as he crumpled against the side of the cage and desperately tried to grab Mohamedreza's legs in a futile attempt to stymy the barrage of strikes he knew was soon to follow.

"Defend yourself!" Jonah Hertz yelled at Nathan, who shelled up right up until the buzzer signified the end of the round. Immediately, the referee pried Mohamedreza off of Nathan, and the two fighters returned to their corners - Nathan with a bloodied nose and bruised face.

"Big first round for Mohamedreza Azizpour", said Michael Bespin. "Nathan is going to have to rally back in the next two rounds, and put this one behind him."

"But you know how difficult it can be, right Michael?" Michele Scaramucci bantered. "When you fought Vance Krause and defended your title, he had you hurt real bad before you came back in the second round to win the fight and defend the title."

"Man, I never want to fight that man ever again", Bespin replied with a laugh. "Oh, but it seems there's something going on..."

The referee had walked over to Nathan James' corner, just as the whistle went off to signify the start of the next round. He exchanged words with Nathan, who was still sitting on his stool and wincing, as well as with Nathan's coach. The next moment, Jonah Hertz walked to the centre of the ring and waved his hands, calling the fight off.

"Oh!" Michele Scaramucci exclaimed in surprise. "Nathan James has quit on the stool!"

"So that is it. Mohamedreza Azizpour is going to win this fight." Michael Bespin seemed somewhat disappointed at the outcome. "Not the way we want these fights to end, but still... fair play to Mohamedreza, for putting on a dominating performance as long as this fight lasted. Let's go now to Bruce Duffer to make it official."

"Ladies and gentlemen, Referee Jonah Hertz has called a stop to this contest, after five minutes in the very first round, declaring the winner, by TKO... Mohamedreza "No Mercy" Azizpour!"

The crowd, clearly somewhat miffed by the anticlimactic end to the fight, was a mix of cheers and boos, as Michael Bespin entered the cage to interview the winner.

"I'm here with the winner, Mohamedreza Azizpour", he said. "Bit of a bummer end to the fight, but you came and did what needed to be done, and nobody can fault you for anything."

"Alhamdulillah", Mohamedreza replied, pointing one fighter upwards. "God gave me everything."

"He got you early on in the fight with the fake glove touch leading into the front kick", Michael Bespin continued. "Did that change, in any way, your strategy in the first round?"

"I expected him to be stronger", said Mohamedreza. "I train very hard, I give my all in all my practice outside the ring. When I go in, nobody can surprise me. Nathan is a strong fighter, but inshallah, no matter who I fight, I will give everything."

"It was a great fight as long as it lasted", Michael Bespin concluded the interview, "and I can't wait to see you back inside the ring. Mohamedreza Azizpour!"

"Dominant performance by Mohamedreza Azizpour to kick off our main card here in Madison Square Garden", said Michele Scaramucci. "Coming up next: A catchweight bout between South Han prodigy Feng Yuanyi and BJJ black belt Augusto Machado!"

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:33 am

Gibraltar, Éire, Western Europe, 26 June 2020

Monika cleared her throat.

"While I share the Spanish delegation's concerns regarding rogue Curien elements and the collapse of the French State, I do wish to remind this body of our host's efforts," she made a gesture to Katell, "to rebuild An Ghaill into a functioning society. The issue is less with the former French State's territories but the question of culpability." Monika paused as she looked around the small chamber.

"What Heinrich has revealed, and has proven with further corroborating evidence from previous leaks, is that the French government under the now-deposed Outlaw Regent conducted a thorough, widespread, and systemic genocide against non-French populations and this includes Metahumans."

Monika allowed a moment to let her words sink in.

"The efforts of the Morrigan to restore order have been praiseworthy," she continued, "and a testament to the effectiveness of the Dynastic Regime in dealing with internal threats, as we have outlined before here, which is why we again ask that for those populations which have already been moved to be compensated, not from the current coffers of An Ghaill, Éire, or even Western Europe, but from those stolen by the former French Regime and held in trust. We thus propose a vote on this matter as we have outlined."

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:05 pm

Chiang Rai, Kingdom of Siam

4 July 2020
5:30AM

The first crack of light before dawn was usually not enough to wake 64-year-old Anon Prasatchai from his slumber. Ordinarily, he would stay up until past midnight to watch soap operas, before taking an extra one or two hours to fall asleep, and then waking up at about 10AM.

On the 4th of July, however, Anon found himself woken up early. He had had a nightmare that night, an unwanted flashback to the unhappy days of his now former marriage, when his wife would hit him and their young son with various household implements over the smallest infractions. It was the dream of one such moment, when the scrawny and physically weak Anon shielded his son from his ex-wife’s wrath, absorbing a blow from a broom meant initially for his son, that jolted Anon out of his sleep.

He had been out of work for a few years, his bookshop having folded from lack of business some time before his ex-wife went missing. It was thanks to his beloved son, who sent back a generous sum of money every month, that Anon now had the means to continue living. The young man’s portrait was displayed proudly in a small alcove in the living room, dressed smartly in a ceremonial uniform, his soft eyes looking back tenderly and reassuringly at Anon each time the old man glanced at him.

“Tim…” Anon sat down on a stool, gazing longingly at his son’s portrait, at the little ribbons and airborne wings on his chest. “Come home safe. Dad loves you.”

A sudden rumbling shook the ground beneath the old house. Anon looked out the window; the Sun was rising, but for some reason, its light was blue. It grew brighter and brighter, and in a mere matter of seconds, the glare was blindingly powerful.

Then came a shrieking screaming noise, followed by a thunderous explosion that levelled everything as far as the eye could see. But by then, Anon was no longer there to hear it.

Hong Kong, South Han
Ministry of Defence

4 July 2020
7:30AM

“Good morning, sirs. Good morning, ma’am. Allow me to present to you all the results of the test fire.”

Decked out in grey camo, standing in the front of the conference room, was Colonel Hong Yao, Chief Artillery Officer of the Imperial Han Armed Forces, a 37-year-old Paladin with a powerful and steroid-enhanced physique. Standing before an audience comprising South Han’s general staff, as well as de-facto military chief Gao Wan-yang, Colonel Hong turned on the presentation visuals, revealing the schematics of a massive cannon.

“This is the H4B9 Railgun, codenamed ‘Morpho’”, he explained. “It is an autonomous artillery system controlled by a fully computerised computation system... the most powerful weapon in the Han’s arsenal, and the pride of all the Han’s collective defence industries.”

Colonel Hong’s aides quickly entered the room, distributing leaflets to those in attendance, on which were printed the specifications of the railgun.

“Exactly one hour ago”, Colonel Hong elaborated, “we tested the Morpho for the very first time. Our target was the Siamese city of Chiang Rai.

“We transported the Morpho via rail out of its base in Yunnan to Puer City to the south. From there, we locked on to an arbitrary coordinate in Chiang Rai, before firing the weapon at 60% capacity. The blast radius is calculated to be 0.9 kilometres. Estimated casualties: 67,000. Our test firing has been a resounding success.”

The entire meeting room broke into thunderous cheers and applause.

“The recharge time of the Morpho to 100% capacity is 72 hours”, Colonel Hong continued, as he lit a cigarette and blew out thin, wispy clouds of sickly sweet smoke. Seated at the far end of the table, Admiral Gao Wan-yang folded her arms and leaned back in her chair with a confident smirk on her face, as the portrait of her cousin Gao Guan-yin gazed blankly across the room.

“The time is now right, sirs, ma'ams, for the Han to deploy its weapons of mass destruction. Pursuant to Her Majesty's doctrine, we shall strike fear into the hearts of the Siamese and show them firsthand, with the power of the Morpho, the superiority of the great Han civilisation over their primitive ways. Our next target will be determined shortly.”

Krung Thep, Kingdom of Siam
Prime Minister's Office

4 July 2020
11:00AM

"It seems, Mr Prime Minister sir, that this attack on Chiang Rai was in fact the product of artillery, rather than aerial bombardment." The central government in Bangkok was thrown into tumult when news of the attack on Chiang Rai broke. Prime Minister Suchart Chananikorn summoned his entire cabinet to the Prime Minister's residence for an emergency meeting.

Crowded inside Suchart's office, the cabinet listened intently as Colonel Prasert Chanthawiharn, Siam's highest-ranked intelligence officer, explained the situation. The air was palpably tense, the gravity of the situation apparent even to anyone who had not heard of what had happened.

"We have known for the past six years that South Han's defence industries have been developing a weapon of mass destruction", Colonel Prasert explained. "Here, based on our field reports, we have identified this, here, as the weapon."

"What is that thing?" Prime Minister Suchart barked, leaning his elbows nervously on the desk.

"It is South Han's most advanced artillery system, sir", said Colonel Prasert. "Codenamed 'Morpho'. It is an autonomous artillery system controlled by a computerised neural network, armed with an 800mm railgun as its primary weapon, as well as at least four 40mm antiair and antiground EMP cannons. Initial estimates for its completion were that it would be operational only by mid 2022, but it would seem that it was expedited."

Its main armament has a maximum effective range of 400km... which means that if they can station it near the contested territories in Burma, they will be able to use it to hit Yangon as well as Vientiane."

A nervous murmur rose from the ministers and generals assembled in the room, as Colonel Prasert changed the slide on display.

"Currently, my sources in South Han's defence R&D units have yet to ascertain the Morpho's exact cooldown period", he continued, "but it is clear that its deployment poses an immediate threat to Siam's security."

"Then take it out!" Jirayut Wongsiri, formerly the Foreign Minister under Phichit Srisawat's cabinet, now Deputy Prime Minister under Suchart Chananikorn, folded his arms and leaned back in his chair. "It's that simple. The question, now, is how."

"Army intelligence has been unable to determine the capabilities of the Morpho's antiair and antiground defence systems, or whether or not they are operational", Colonel Prasert explained. "Neither have my sources in South Han. We suspect that they are not yet operational - which is why they have not transported it down the railways into the occupied territories in Burma, where they could realistically fire as far south as Ayutthaya, and at the highways leading out of Krung Thep.

"However, if its defence systems are operational, it is likely that our only realistic course of action will be a paratrooper insertion."

"Hmm..."

Colonel Prasert, as well as the other attendees in the meeting, turned to Defence Minister Thanakorn Jongruk, who was seated beside Deputy Prime Minister Jirayut.

"As it is", said Thanakorn, "there is one Royal Siamese Army Special Forces detachment that is ready..."

4 July 2020
11:00AM

Royal Siamese Army Lieutenant Withaya Prasatchai - better known as Tim - learned of his father's death just shortly after he had woken up at 5:30AM that morning. His usual morning run on the track at the army base was interrupted by a phone call from the manpower office, informing him that a number from his native Chiang Rai was calling him.

"A South Han strike has taken place", the shaky voice on the other end of the line informed him. "Your father was among the casualties."

"I'm truly, truly sorry, Lieutenant."

Tim's immediate superior, Major Khitun Phonsena, a grizzly one-eyed bear of a man from the northeastern Isan region, was surprisingly compassionate for a man with as intimidating a demeanour as he had. His men, with whom he enjoyed a close relationship, addressed him by his nickname - Rex - when off duty.

"I know how close you were to your father, Lieutenant Tim", said Major Rex, his voice a low, sombre growl. "Unfortunately, I can't grant you any compassionate leave during this time... but I can give you the day off, until 2359h."

"That won't be necessary, sir." Lieutenant Tim nodded, as his lips tightened. He spoke with a slight Northern Thai accent.

"You must understand", Major Rex continued, "that maintaining the mental health of its soldiers is one of the army's duties. If we're to expect you to perform as required on whatever operations are to come, it's only fair that I take care of you. This falls under my job, too."

"I'll be back by 1400h", said Lieutenant Tim tersely. He paused for a moment, and then seemed to be struck by a thought. "Sir... is there any chance that you know what hit Chiang Rai?"

"As it is", said Major Rex, "we have received a request to assemble a team. The RSDS has identified the weapon used by South Han, and the general staff want a special operations unit on standby in case the Royal Air Force cannot take it out."

"I wish to volunteer for this mission", said Lieutenant Tim. A thin, sadistic smile played across his face. "Me, and my detachment."

Major Rex looked back blankly at Tim, as if stunned by his proposal.

"The Thai people love peace", Lieutenant Tim added, "but are not cowards in war."

"I like your attitude, kiddo", Major Rex chuckled. He booted up his computer and quickly opened up the message that the general staff had sent him. "Let's show 'em a thing or three."

To: Maj. Gen. Sarana Trisiriphisan (Cdr, Joint Op. Spearhead)
Cc: Gen. U Htun Aung, Gen. Souvanna Wongsena, Gen. Nguyễn Văn Minh
Bcc: Gen. (Ret.) Thanakorn Jongruk
Subject: Re: Ops Req., SF Gr. 2

Sir,

Below are the operators that Army Special Forces Group 2 will be dispatching to Chiang Rai as backup re: Op. Spearhead, against the Morpho:

Special Forces Group 2 Detachment 5 (callsign: "Ouroboros")
  • Lieutenant Withaya Prasatchai - Tim (callsign: "Offseer")
  • Sergeant Rungnapha Banyadit - Nia (callsign: "Catgirl")
  • Sergeant Nattawut Phetcharat - Riki (callsign: "Hero")
  • Sergeant Phanupong Watanawisit - Theo (callsign: "Fox")
  • Sergeant Nicha Damrongnakthai - Tanya (callsign: "Mithril")
Last edited by Nagakawa on Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:38 pm

Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden

Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden

MAIN CARD

アダム=クラーク vs エドワード=モルガン
Tennessee, WWF • Albion
31-7 • 21-2
170lbs • 170lbs

31-8 • 12-2
205.5lbs • 205lbs
Light-Heavyweight Bout

ワンダーガール=バンチャメック vs 韓雅演
126lbs • 125lbs
Women’s Flyweight Bout

~+~+~+~+~

PRELIMINARY CARD

悲鳴嶼公平 vs ライン=ブランディバック
Kyoto, Japan • Albion
42-17 • 9-1, 1NC
244lbs • 256lbs
Heavyweight Bout

ヨッレク=ガイヤンハダオ vs 張仁傑
136lbs • 135lbs
Bantamweight Bout

伊藤洋子 vs エカテリーナ=ラマザノヴァ
19-5 • 11-3
133.5lbs • 135lbs

馮原義 vs アウグスト=マチャド
15-4 • 12-1
158lbs • 155lbs

~ R1 TKO (retirement) ~
9-2 • 10-5
156lbs • 156lbs
Lightweight Bout

Representing South Han… Feng Yuanyi!

An obscene electronic track began to blast throughout the arena, as Feng Yuanyi emerged from the red corner’s side of the arena, wearing a T-shirt printed with MachWolf’s face and other pro-South Han patriotic slogans.

“That’s actually against the unified rules of MMA”, said Michael Bespin, with a tinge of anger in his voice. “Fighters are not allowed to display political slogans. It’s in the rules. The only exception is national flags.”

“Regardless, Feng Yuanyi is a dangerous contender”, Michele Scaramucci added, trying to ease the tension in the commentator booth caused by Feng’s unauthorised stunt. “He was on a four fight win streak before finally dropping a match to the current Lightweight Champion, Hong Cho-dong. Now he’s on his way to prove that he has what it takes to stand with the best of the best, and break into the rankings.

“But he’s got a tough challenger in this man… Augusto “Lollipop” Machado.”

The Han-style EDM died away, and was quickly replaced by Brazilian underground rap. The lights in the arena turned green, and Augusto Machado began his walkout with a Brazilian flag draped over his shoulders.

“Augusto Machado is a third degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He’s got incredible submissions, combinations for days, but he’s also been improving his striking a lot.” Michael Bespin lauded Augusto’s credentials, in contrast with his critique of Feng Yuanyi. “This man is a future champion in the making. So much potential.”

“Alright, our tale of the tape for this fight: it is a catchweight bout, as Feng Yuanyi has failed to make the lightweight limit, with Augusto Machado to receive 20% of Feng's pay. Feng Yuanyi four years the younger, at 27 years old. Identical height and reach for both men. Here's Bruce Duffer."

"This next match is three rounds in a catchweight contest!" Bruce Duffer declared. "Introducing first, FIGHTING out of the red corner: a striker, holding a professional MMA record of 15 wins and 4 losses. Training under Wolf Warrior MMA, and fighting out of Guangzhou... Feng Yuanyi!!! And introducing his opponent, FIGHTING out of the blue corner: A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt holding a professional MMA record of 12 wins, only 1 loss. Training under the Danaher Death Squad, and fighting out of São Paulo, Brazil... Augusto "Lollipop" Machado!!!"

Referee Oliver Costa summoned the two fighters to the centre of the circle to deliver the final instructions. Augusto folded his arms and stared Feng Yuanyi down calmly, while the South Han fighter twitched erratically and stuck his tongue out mockingly. And soon, the fight was underway.

"Red trunks for Feng Yuanyi", said Michael Bespin, "green shorts for Augusto Machado."

"Augusto goes in for the clinch and tries to take Feng down, and- oh, an eye poke!?"

The fight opened with Augusto Machado immediately entering into a clinch with Feng Yuanyi in an attempt to set up a takedown - but was immediately stopped as Feng blatantly dug his fingers into Augusto's eye to pry him off, while throwing a punch to Augusto's body at the same time. The Brazilian fighter crumpled to the floor, clutching his face, and the referee yelled at Feng Yuanyi to go back to his corner.

"Oh my goodness, that was an eye poke", Michele Scaramucci yelled in horror. "Feng Yuanyi just poked Augusto Machado in the eye!"

Inside the ring, the referee could be seen speaking to Feng, who was protesting angrily. The ringside doctor entered to attend to Augusto, whose eye was bleeding and completely swollen shut.

"That is it, they're going to stop the fight", said Michael Bespin angrily. "And Feng Yuanyi should be disqualified too. Because that was an absolutely shameless and intentional foul."

The crowd booed venomously, as the referee walked over to speak to the judges. From his seat ringside, Meta Legends President Hideki Yoshida could be seen yelling furiously, before making a phone call. And then, shortly afterwards, Bruce Duffer reentered the cage, as the referee brought both fighters back to the centre.

"I didn't poke him! He's a liar!" Feng Yuanyi yelled at the referee, refusing to stand in the centre of the ring for the official result to be declared, only to be quietly escorted out by the event security guards, to thunderous boos from the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, referee Oliver Costa has called a stop to this contest at 17 seconds in the very first round. Due to an intentional foul by Feng Yuanyi, the winner of this contest by disqualification... Augusto Machado!"

Michael Bespin entered the circle with his microphone to interview the winner Augusto, who was still clutching his wounded eye and wincing in agony. He stopped, however, as the doctor approached him and spoke to him out of earshot of the microphone, as the crowd continued to jeer and boo. Then, shortly after, Bespin whispered something to Augusto, pat him on the back, and exited the cage.

"Michael Bespin has been informed by the doctor that Augusto is unable to give an interview", said Michele Scaramucci unhappily, pausing for a moment, before continuing: "We'll be off for a short commercial break, but when we return: a bout in the Women's Bantamweight Division between Ekaterina Ramazanova, and No. 5 ranked Women's Bantamweight contender Yōko Itō!"

Last edited by Nagakawa on Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:54 pm

18th Rifle Division Fire Support Base, Near Mường Khương, Lào Cai Province, Vietnamese Autonomous Democratic Republic, Kingdom of Siam, 4 July 2020

Sturmbannführerin Rosa Ramírez took the report from the nervous looking adjutant's hand. Rumours of a major South Han strike had circulated for about an hour, but this was the first confirmation of what exactly had occurred, and Ramírez was eager to get to the bottom of it.

Chiang Rai was hit by what appeared to be a type of field railgun. Nearly 70,000 casualties. Effective range of some 400km.

Ramírez felt sick as she put the report down, anger boiling over the Latin Metahuman.

"Have Gustav brought to the front," she told the adjutant. "And get me a line to Krung Thep Maha Nakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Nopparat Racha Thani Burirom Udom Rachaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatansathit Sakathattiya Wisanukamprasit"

Institut für Wehrwissenschaftliche Zweckforschung, Ahnenerbe HQ, Wewelsburg, Near Welthauptstadt Germania, Königreich Argentinien, Südamerikanischesreich, 2 July 2020

Ahnenerbe's headquarters sat perched on a hill overlooking the town made to look like a traditional German village. In reality, the town--like the castle--made up a research complex that dated back to the Reich's earliest days in the New World. Directly under the purview of the SS, Ahnenerbe existed ostensibly for a singular purpose: produce Metahumans.

With the death of Dr. von Eisenfaust in 2016, the new regime quickly purged many of the scientists involved, but they kept one alive who could continue making Metahumans, albeit under far more humane conditions. Since 2016, this was Dr. Angela Dorothea Kasner.

Deep inside the castle that was both her home and prison, Kasner continued her Metahuman experiments under the close eye of not only the SS, but also the Gestapo and SD. So it wasn't a matter of complete surprise on that morning when Dr Kasner received uniformed guests in her office. Minister of the Interior SS Obergruppenführerin Adelise Göring and her sister, SS Oberst-Obergruppenführerin Helga Göring. However, the Göring sisters were not alone.

Alongside the two witches were Minister of Armament SS Gruppenführein Alexandra Speer and SS Gruppenführerin Anneliese Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach.

Kasner, sitting at her desk, narrowed her eyes as members of the highest echelon of the Reich's military, government, and economy saluted their Führerin.

"To what do I owe the please?" the scientist replied with cold and calculating confidence.

"We have a proposition for you, Dr Kasner," Adelise started.

"What do you know of the Tierkreisordnung?" Helga continued.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Thonburi - Wat Rakhang

4 July 2020
9:30PM

Heavy canopies of dark clouds had swooped over the skies of Bangkok in the morning, mercifully shielding the ground below from the harsh afternoon sun that would otherwise have beat furiously down on the concrete jungle and on the waters of the Chao Phraya River. By the time it was night, those same clouds had become an impregnable fortress of red pillars, suspended in the dark, starless heavens. The heavy bells of Wat Rakhang - so named for those very bells, donated by the great King Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke - stood completely still, uttering not a sound.

Tim had not cried in years. It wasn't that he never had cause to do so - but rather, that his own body would not let him do so. He remembered the very last time he had shed tears; it was fifteen years ago, on the day his mother left. The day he came home to find his scrawny father, lying half-asleep on the sofa, his face covered in bruises - noticeably more than usual. He was eight years old back then, his father forty nine.

"Tim..." he remembered his father calling his name, still half asleep. "Your mother's gone. It's just us now.

"Don't cry, Tim..."

"Hey, Tim."

"Mm. What is it, Nia?"

The Chao Phraya lapped against its banks, rustling along with the leaves in the wind. Tim stood right by the water, the temple of bells behind him. Nia - the machine gunner of Tim's detachment - always seemed to call at just the right time.

"I heard about your father. I just wanna say... I - We're here for you."

"Thank you, Nia." Tim nodded taciturnly, pulling his lips tightly shut.

"Surely it can't be easy for you...? I mean, he was your only family, wasn't he?"

Tim paused for a moment. He had thought about it - the reason why he could not feel anything, let alone mourn - but the answer eluded him. As it always did.

"The mission comes first", he finally relented. It wasn't what he truly believed, that stock answer, but it would have to do for now. "There will be time to mourn later."

"Heh. Hardass as always, Offseer."

"We're on standby for the moment", Tim added, glancing down at his watch. It was 9:50PM - there was more than ample time to grab dinner and return to base before midnight, as he had been instructed to do so. "If the Air Force takes out the Morpho, we won't have to go in."

"I'm sure Major Rex must have told you, right?"

"Hm?"

"We won't make it."

"That applies to every mission."

"This is different. The RSDS has given us the preliminary information. To destroy the Morpho..."

Suddenly, Nia stopped talking on the other end. Tim could hear indistinct chatter, a nervous flutter which blended into itself. The first droplets of rain began to fall.

Yunnan, South Han
Pu'er City

4 July 2020
9:00PM

"Spider 1, this is Spider 7. I have a visual on the Morpho. Over."

"Holy hell... it's massive..."

Two squadrons of Royal Siamese Air Force fighters stationed in northern Laos had been scrambled just a few hours ago, and swiftly cut into South Han's airspace in search of the weapon that had levelled the city centre of Chiang Rai and killed a huge fraction of its population.

South Han had made little to no effort to camouflage the Morpho. There it stood, parked in the centre of the city of Pu'er on the railway, its massive cannon pointing towards the sky. It looked completely unlike any weapon the world had ever seen, sprouting two massive wing-like spoilers on each side that lent it a grotesque resemblance to the butterfly after which it was named.

"Dragon Squadron, this is Spider 1. Awaiting your orders to engage. Over."

"Spider 1, this is Dragon 1. Dragon Squadron is ready to engage. Over."

The jets swooped across the cloudy sky, cutting a circle around the Morpho, before plunging straight down towards the ground, ready to open fire.

Suddenly, however, the Morpho awakened.

"Spider 1, this is Spider 4, I - ... ..."

"Spider 4, do - ... when we- ... "

"Sp... uuuu... "

"uuuu..."

"Do you think it's funny? Do you enjoy doing this?"

The two Siamese squadrons' communications were suddenly interrupted by a burst of static - and within that static, a frosty, ghostly voice.

"Spider 4, there's something wrong with your-"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

The bloodcurdling cry of the ghostly voice fried the communications for a split second. And then, in the next moment, the Morpho burst into a brilliant, blinding flash, and the skies were illuminated by the brief twinkling of twenty four explosions.

Hong Kong, South Han
Ministry of Defence

4 July 2020
10:00PM

"As you can see, gentlemen, the Morpho's defensive systems are fully armed and operational."

From the same meeting room in South Han's defence ministry headquarters, Colonel Hong Yao had shown the top brass of the South Han military a live video feed of the Morpho in action as it shot down the two squadrons of Siamese fighters that had been dispatched to take it out.

"I purposely gave orders to our anti-air units to allow the Siamese to pass through, to let them attack the Morpho", Colonel Hong continued. "But as you can see, there is nothing to fear.

"Therefore... I propose that the Morpho be transported to the occupied town of Mongla in Burma. From there, once the Morpho is fully recharged, we will continue our sacred war on the savages by destroying Vientiane."

Last edited by Nagakawa on Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:31 pm

Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Grand Duchy of Chile, 27 June 2020.

Oberst Silva felt uneasy as he walked up the stairs to the Party Headquarters in Santiago in a civilian suit. There were too many ethnic Germans, and he felt the distrust in their passing glances that was only lessened by his proof of party membership among his papers. The Gauleiter was a moderate reformist, but the party boss almost certainly wouldn’t agree with the orders he was carrying in the name of stability.

Thankfully for Silva, he was only here for one of the man’s secretaries. A fair-skinned man named Bruno would deliver the orders further along von Ehrenburg’s network. Silently praising his own good time, Silva quickly found the blond man covering the front desk and approached.

“I have a letter for the Gauleiter. An appeal from artisanal fishermen concerning certain pollutants in the lakes,” Silva said, retrieving the envelope from his coat. It was well rehearsed, and would be convincing enough for any eavesdropper.

Bruno offered a nod in return as he took the letter after scribbling down a note, “The Gauleiter is currently in a meeting, but I’ll be sure he gets it, sir. ”

“Thank you,” Silva answered before turning to leave. He made as much haste as he could without arousing suspicion. He didn’t know for certain what the encrypted order had read, but, given the arrests of reformists, Silva knew for certain he did not want to get caught attached to whatever was about to happen.

Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Grand Duchy of Chile, 28 June 2020.

The backroom of an unmarked warehouse was choked with cigarette smoke shrouding a whiteboard absolutely covered in photos of a small retreat near Puyehue Lake. On the folding table where three men sat lay two large duffle bags. The leader now stood, clearly about to begin after the four of them had caught up with one another.

“This is the retreat of Arno Jung. You lot may know that Jung is on the board of a fishing company here in Chile, but, according to Chastity, he has some shipping connections across the border in Argentina and he’s a conservative with the ear of Santiago’s Gauleiter. Given the affair in Germania in the past few days, she wants to secure the Gauleiter’s political loyalty here at home, which means removing any poisoned words from his ear. Conveniently, his eldest son also holds sympathies more acceptable to her.”

“Right, Rudolf” one of the three men lowly replied. “I take it we simply aren’t going to just shoot him and blame it on guerillas this time?”

“No, Johann, we aren’t. Chastity wants him to simply disappear. He expected to be on a fishing trip at the lake until the Third of July. His six guards are fair game, and we shouldn’t expect anything heavier than pistol fire. We’ll have a few days to monitor any patrol those guards take. We’ll ride in by truck, but he’s leaving by helicopter. Arrival for the Helicopter is expected at 23:00 on the second.”

Near Puyehue Lake, Los Lagos Region, Grand Duchy of Chile, 18:00 2 July 2020.

Trading their civilian clothes for resistance-market combat gear and night-vision goggles, the four men stood at posts around Jung’s small retreat. Each one first eyed one of Jung’s guards stationed around the house as Jung made his way back up the trail, escorted by the remaining two. With a faint, simultaneous beeping as their watches struck 18:00, the staccato of automatic gunfire began.

Within the next 15 minutes, they had secured the home and Jung alongside it.

“Now, boys,” Rudolf called out as they took positions around the home, “We’re not to be looting this one, but Chastity wants any paperwork he may have. It’s a disappearance tonight, not a seizure of assets.”

“Damn,” Johann called through the house, “He has quite a nice washing machine.”

Rudolf gave a low, guttural chuckle as he turned his attention back to the oddly silent Jung. Rudolf expected some degree of begging. It was what’s typical, but the resignation seemed to even unnerve the gun a bit.

“Don’t worry, we aren't gonna make you break the silent act, Arno.” He added. “Torture isn’t a part of this symphony tonight. Can’t risk making a mess inside the home.”

Near Puyehue Lake, Los Lagos Region, Grand Duchy of Chile, 23:00 2 July 2020.

As scheduled, the helicopter touched down on the property, and the sounds of the rotors nearly shattered the man’s resolve as Rudolf threw a black bag over the man’s head and strolled him out of the property at gunpoint.

“You’ve been such a pleasant host, Herr Jung,” he mockingly shouted over the helicopter’s blades as they trudged towards the black civilian craft.

“Fuck you,” Jung finally cracked. “You aren’t going to get away with this, you traitor bastards. The Nazis are going to hang you all by piano wire and meat hooks.

“Sadly, it's been quite the concert” he hoisted Jung up into the helicopter with the assistance of one of the other gunmen and one of the crew. “This is where we musicians must bid you a remorseful goodbye without even an encore.”

“Goddamn you, don’t you know who I fucking am?”

“Of course, we do, Arno,” Rudolf said as Johann swung his rifle back and bashed it against Jung’s knee. The man fell back slightly before being shoved back into the helicopter.

“Countess von Ehrenburg sends her warmest regards from East Asia, our performance was kindly paid for by her.”

Rudolf looked over to the uniformed man still strapped into the passenger seats, and offered him a smile and an almost mocking salute.

“Have some fun with the major during the flight, Arno. The Pacific is a view to die for. Bon voyage,” Rudolf stymied his laughter as he pulled the doors shut.
Last edited by Bingellia on Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:58 pm

Yunnan, South Han
Pu'er City

4 July 2020
9:04PM

"Sir... This is Spider 6..."

Major Watthanapun Termsamrit was barely able to eject from the cockpit of his jet just as it was blown to smithereens by the Morpho's antiair defence systems. The explosion seared half of his face off, but miraculously, his parachute remained intact as he slowly descended towards the ground.

It would not be long, however, before the South Han soldiers on the ground began opening fire on him. The burns that had eaten the left side of his face away did not hurt - but the one bullet that tore through his knee and shattered the joint completely produced an excruciating jolt that radiated throughout his body.

"AHH!! AHHH!!!" By then, Major Watthanapun knew that he was going to die. South Han was ruthless, and took no prisoners. His life flashed before his eyes - memories of his wife waiting for him at home, their last conversation over the phone two nights ago (she would be visiting the IVF clinic for another try at having a child). As the gunfire directed towards him continued, however, Major Watthanapun snapped back to reality, agonising wounds aside - and noticed something.

Sure, he noticed that his communication line with mission HQ was still operational. But more importantly...

"Sir, the Morpho..."

So now, I really am alone. Dad,...

I guess it really isn't all that surprising. Before I met the others in Ouroboros, I never really had anyone besides Dad. I was always on my own, having to figure things out myself.

No, that's not really true. I had
him.

10 November 2015

"I have to enlist by the end of this month, Tim."

The year was 2016. Withaya Prasatchai - Tim - was eighteen, a freshman at Chulalongkorn University. Having just only come to the capital from Chiang Rai a short while ago, he had no friends there, except for one person: an exchange student from South Han, just one year older than him, by the name of Adam Zhao. They had met each other on the first day of school, when they were attending the first lecture of a course they both took, and since then, struck up a friendship and stuck together. Tim would teach Adam Thai, and Adam would teach Tim Cantonese, and they would keep each other company so neither would be alone among the Bangkok elites that comprised the rest of the student body.

"I got a letter from the South Han Ministry of Defence", Tim recalled Adam dejectedly telling him over lunch one day. "They've rescinded my academic deferment."

"Couldn't you make an appeal?" Tim asked.

Adam shook his head, his eyes turning blank.

"Not anymore", he answered. "The window has expired."

He paused, twirling his hair nervously.

"My family faces prison time if I don't return."

"I see..." Tim lowered his head and sighed.

"I don't know what I'm going to do."

It was sad to see Adam in such a state of despair, Tim had thought to himself. He was such a kind and gentle soul; the thought of him being forced to bear arms against his will was heartbreaking, even for someone like Tim, who had only known him for half a year. For him to be forced to choose between his family's safety and his own freedom, possibly his own life, was a gut-wrenching dilemma.

"Whatever the case", said Tim, putting a reassuring hand on Adam's shoulder, "please survive. And let's meet when you're free again."

Adam broke into a pained smile.

Army Special Warfare Headquarters

4 July 2020
10:30PM

"The Morpho has one weakness."

Special Warfare Group 2 Detachment 5, codenamed "Ouroboros", had been assembled in the briefing room of the Army Special Warfare Headquarters in Krung Thep, and to their surprise, were greeted by none other than Defence Minister Thanakorn Jongruk himself, accompanied by RSDS Chief Prasert Chanthawiharn. Standing silently behind the two of them was Major Rex, Lieutenant Tim's immediate superior, and another person - a woman in her thirties with short cropped hair, also holding the rank of major.

"Although the Morpho was able to shoot down two squadrons before they were able to engage", Colonel Prasert explained to the five operators seated before him, "one pilot managed to survive. In his last moments, Major Watthanapun Termsamrit was able to confirm this crucial piece of information.

"The Morpho is unable to defend itself against infantry."

"That's so stupid!" The bemused outburst came from the demoman of Lieutenant Tim's detachment - Sergeant Phanupong Watanawisit, nicknamed Theo, codenamed 'Fox' - a plucky 20-year-old with a wild-look in his eye. "Why didn't they design it to be able to?"

"It was supposed to be able to", Colonel Prasert explained. "However, the development process of the Morpho was expedited greatly in order for it to be operational this year, as opposed to its original target of 2022. Therefore, certain defensive features were deemed unnecessary, and were to be substituted by ground defences."

"So what we need to do is to get up close to it, plant a bunch of bombs, and then fuck off from there?" Sergeant Nicha Damrongnakthai, nicknamed Tanya, codenamed 'Mithril', leaned on the table sassily and peered at the schematic of the Morpho displayed on the screen in the front of the room. She was the signaller of the detachment, and was every bit as snarky, if not more so, than Theo. "Seems easy enough."

"In essence, that is what you need to do", Colonel Prasert nodded, changing the slide to a map. "But your time frame is limited. Our reports on the ground indicate that they will start to transport the Morpho southwards down the M-4 railway as early as 0300h tomorrow, to a point where both Yangon and Vientiane are within range. The railgun will be fully charged by 0500h on the 7th of July. We will engage our artillery, as well as that of our foreign allies stationed in Laos, to take out the railways - however, that is but a temporary solution. The Morpho must be eliminated as quickly as possible, before it has a chance to recharge; otherwise, countless more lives will be lost."

"Couldn't we shoot it with artillery?" Sergeant Natthawut Phetcharat, nicknamed Riki, codenamed 'Hero', was the medic of the detachment, a soft-spoken young man who looked younger than he really was.

"We have tried", Colonel Prasert explained, "but the Morpho is equipped to take out artillery shells and missiles midair."

"Well, that just fucking sucks", Tanya sighed.

Colonel Prasert turned to Tim, who looked back at him confidently.

"I should inform you, Lieutenant, that we cannot guarantee you will be able to return from this mission", he said solemnly. "We will do our utmost to extract the five of you... but this deep into enemy territory, other than long range support, there is no guarantee that we will be able to get you out."

Lieutenant Tim nodded back sombrely, visibly weighted down by the gravity of the mission.

"We're ready", he said.

"Then, in that case..." Defence Minister Thanakorn, who had thus far remained silent, stood up and saluted the five. "I pray you will all find success and return home safely. Glory to Siam."

The five operators stood up, clicked their heels together, and saluted.

To: Sturmbannführerin Rosa Ramírez
Cc: Prime Minister Daophasouk Phananvong, Adm. Bounheuang Khamvongsa
Bcc: Prime Minister Suchart Chananikorn, Col. Prasert Chanthawiharn, Gen. Ret. Thanakorn Jongruk

Sturmbannführerin,

As per the previous briefing re: Operation Spearhead, Royal Siamese Army GHQ requests the transfer of Schwerer Gustav from its garrison in Samut Songkhram to Ban Bo Sane, Xayabouli Province, Lao ADR. Necessary arrangements for Gustav's transfer via Special Military Railway 86 will be made on request.

The objective, as stated in Annex 0-2, shall be the destruction of the M-4 railway and the M-4 highway in Han-occupied territory in Burma, so as to delay the advance of the Morpho to its FRV. Further information will be provided by Lao Army Intelligence.

- Maj. Gen. Sarana Trisiriphisan
Commander, Joint Op. Spearhead

11:45PM

"Now this'll be exciting!"

Ouroboros Detachment immediately returned to their barracks upon the conclusion of their briefing, in order to prepare their equipment.

"Captain Mark gave me authorisation to draw 80kg of explosives!" There was a crazed glimmer of excitement in Sergeant Theo's eyes as he talked about the explosives he had been allowed to draw. "That's enough to destroy three Morphos!"

"Always so trigger-happy, eh, Fox?" Sergeant Nia, seated a short distance away in the bunk, looked up at Theo and chuckled. "All you really think about is explosions, you doof."

"It's my job", Theo yelled back with a grin.

"Yea, yea. I'm sure you love it. I bet you jerk off to it." Sergeant Tanya quipped crudely.

"Shut up. You're an asshole."

"Guys."

The banter in the room was suddenly interrupted, as Sergeant Riki alerted the other three to the arrival of Lieutenant Tim, already decked fully in his combat gear and carrying his rifle. Accompanying him was the young major in the briefing room with them earlier.

"This is Major Pin, from 44th Transport", Tim introduced her to his detachment. "She'll be joining us up until our FUP."

"Pleasure to meet y'all", Major Pin greeted the detachment, making eye contact with all five of them, before lowering her gaze and muttering to herself. "So young..."

"Oh, so she's gonna be helping us drive our shit over?" Theo grinned from cheek to cheek like a kid who had been given new presents at Christmas. "Hell yeah!"

"Y'all got everything ready?" Tim asked.

"Yes boss", said Theo.

"Mm." Riki nodded.

"We're moving out at 0015 sharp", Tim added. "We'll be at Prince Mongkhon Royal Air Base no later than 0100. Meet me downstairs at 0010."

Dad.

I can't show it to the others... but I'm scared. I'm so scared.

I know what I must do. I know I have to avenge you, but... but I made a promise. I made a promise to him. To Adam.

I told him I would wait for him...

I have to survive.

But will I?

Please, Dad. Watch over me.

Last edited by Nagakawa on Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:16 pm

Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden

Gotham, NAU
Madison Square Garden

MAIN CARD

アダム=クラーク vs エドワード=モルガン
Tennessee, WWF • Albion
31-7 • 21-2
170lbs • 170lbs

31-8 • 12-2
205.5lbs • 205lbs
Light-Heavyweight Bout

ワンダーガール=バンチャメック vs 韓雅演
126lbs • 125lbs
Women’s Flyweight Bout

~+~+~+~+~

PRELIMINARY CARD

悲鳴嶼公平 vs ライン=ブランディバック
Kyoto, Japan • Albion
42-17 • 9-1, 1NC
244lbs • 256lbs
Heavyweight Bout

ヨッレク=ガイヤンハダオ vs 張仁傑
136lbs • 135lbs
Bantamweight Bout

伊藤洋子 vs エカテリーナ=ラマザノヴァ
19-5 • 11-3
133.5lbs • 135lbs

~ R1 DQ (eye poke) ~
馮原義 vs アウグスト=マチャド
15-513-1
158lbs • 155lbs

~ R1 TKO (retirement) ~
9-2 • 10-5
156lbs • 156lbs
Lightweight Bout

"From the blue corner... Ekaterina Ramazanova!"

Tense and dramatic music began to play as the Russian Ekaterina Ramazanova made her walkout, wearing a Muay Thai mongkhon headband.

"Ekaterina Ramazanova, on a four fight win streak, coming off of a shock upset of former Olympic medalist Sachiko Takahashi in the very first round, at Meta Legends 172", Michele Scaramucci introduced Ekaterina. "Today, she makes a quick turnaround... as well as a big step up in competition, as she faces the No. 5 ranked contender in the Women's Bantamweight Division."

"This is going to be a big challenge for Ekaterina", said Michael Bespin, "especially because she recently changed camps. She used to fight under Team Berkut in Moscow, but there were contractual disputes on her end with Team Berkut shortly after Meta Legends 172... so now she fights out of AKM Gym in St. Petersburg."

"Let's see if her new gym has equipped her with the skills needed to face off against a veteran of the sport... Yōko Itō."

The music changed to AC/DC's It's a Long Way to the Top, and the No. 5 ranked Women's Bantamweight contender made her entrance, the Japanese flag draped over her shoulders.

"Yōko Itō, former title challenger, looks to get back into the win column with a victory over Ekaterina Ramazanova tonight", said Michele Scaramucci. "She looked unstoppable not too long ago, but fell short when she fought Amanda Lourenço for the title. Now, she wants to set things right against a rising contender, and cement her place in the division."

"Make no mistake", said Michael Bespin, "she's coming off of two very close split decision losses, to Amanda Lourenço and to Josephine Turner. She is still extremely dangerous... and Ekaterina Ramazanova would do good to bear that in mind. Here's Bruce Duffer."

"This next match", Bruce Duffer declared, once both fighters were in the cage, "is three rounds in the Women's Bantamweight division! Introducing first, FIGHTING out of the red corner: She is the No. 5 ranked Women's Bantamweight contender, holding a professional record of 19 wins and 5 losses, standing at 5ft and 6in tall, and weighing in at 133.5lbs. Training under Wajutsu Kakutōgi, and fighting out of Tokyo, Japan... Yōko "Yuki-onna" Itō!!! And introducing her opponent, FIGHTING out of the red corner: a Muay Thai fighter, holding a professional MMA record of 11 wins and 3 losses, standing at 5ft 7in tall, and weighing in at 135lbs. Training under AKM Gym, and fighting out of St. Petersburg, Russia... Ekaterina "The Necromancer" Ramazanova!!!"

Once Bruce Duffer had completed the introductions, referee Mahmoud Solomon called the two fighters to the centre to deliver the final instructions, and the fight was soon on.

"Ekaterina Ramazanova in the red Muay Thai shorts", said Michele Scaramucci. "Her opponent, the No. 5 contender Yōko, in white trunks."

"Tentative start to the round", Michael Bespin remarked, as Ekaterina and Yōko carefully felt each other out from afar, with Ekaterina throwing the occasional teep to keep Yōko at a comfortable distance. "Both Ekaterina and Yōko are strikers, so this will likely be a striking contest more than anything."

After the initial feeling-out process, it was Ekaterina who went on the offensive first, throwing a high kick to the head of her opponent. Yōko was able to react quickly, raising her elbow to block it, but the kick was powerful enough that it still got through, wobbling her briefly.

"Ooo, good head kick landed by Ekaterina", Michele remarked. "Yōko tries to clinch, but Ekaterina breaks away immediately!"

Yōko proceeded to fire back at Ekaterina with a vicious kick to her inner thigh, producing a loud cracking noise that reverberated through the arena and stumbled Ekaterina somewhat; however, the Russian fighter was able to recover quickly, immediately switching stances and returning the favour by throwing another high kick to Yōko's head, this time from the other direction. Yōko was able to block the kick more successfully this time, but Ekaterina immediately followed up by throwing a powerful uppercut to Yōko's abdomen that winded her.

Yōko backed away, and Ekaterina moved in, her hands held in a disciplined high guard. The Japanese fighter tried to break the guard with a front kick, but Ekaterina grabbed her leg and swept her off her feet, only for Yōko to pop right back up just as the buzzer went off to signify the end of the first round.

"Very close first round here, Michael", Michele observed. "You were right - it is turning out to be a glorified Muay Thai fight here. Some very impressive combos from both Ekaterina and Yōko."

"It seems that Ekaterina had Yōko hurt on a few occasions, but wasn't able to follow through for some reason", said Michael. "She's showing Yōko too much respect. She's showing her rank too much respect. What I want to see is Ekaterina take advantage of these moments... and for Yōko to use that to her advantage to get in some good counterstriking."

The second round began quickly, and Ekaterina and Yōko both inched towards the centre of the circle. Immediately, once she was within range, Yōko threw yet another kick to Ekaterina's inner thigh, to the same spot she had hit in the first round, and as Ekaterina moved in to try and throw hand combinations, Yōko threw yet another kick to the same spot.

"You can see that Ekaterina's leg is really starting to swell up there", said Michele. "Those leg kicks to her inner thigh are really starting to pile up."

"Ekaterina's leg is clearly somewhat compromised here, and- OOO!!!"

Yōko attempted another leg kick, but Ekaterina was able to avoid it by checking the kick, before throwing a quick jab to Yōko's face that sent her to the canvas.

"Yōko's been knocked down!" Michele exclaimed. "Ekaterina goes in for the kill, and Yōko immediately pulls guard!"

From inside Yōko's closed guard, Ekaterina stood back up and began throwing hammerfists down on her opponent, unable to advance her position further because of Yōko's legs scissoring her hips; however, the strikes she threw from that position were clearly causing distress to Yōko, who tried to fight for control of Ekaterina's arm.

"Big shots being landed by Ekaterina!" Michael Bespin exclaimed. "Yōko needs to get back to the feet, but she can't sweep Ekaterina!!"

"The big kabosh! The big kabosh!"

The crowd, somewhat disgruntled after the disappointment of the last fight, was cheering in ecstasy as the Russian tried to finish the fight. At the four minute mark, Ekaterina, clearly having become somewhat tired out by her attempt to knock out Yōko, pried her way out of Yōko's closed guard, before beckoning Yōko to get back up. The Japanese fighter took the invitation, but she was far more exhausted than her opponent. As the clock ticked down, Ekaterina pressed forward, still in a high guard. Yōko threw yet another kick to Ekaterina's leg, and the buzzer signifying the end of the round went off.

"Big round for Ekaterina Ramazanova", said Michele Scaramucci. "She was hurt by the leg kicks, but that ground and pound did some damage to Yōko Itō."

"Yōko is going to have to recover in the third round and do some serious damage to Ekaterina to keep it competitive", Michael Bespin added. "Because right now, at this point in the fight, I'd be a lot more comfortable in Ekaterina's position."

The third and final round soon began, and both fighters entered, exchanging a fist bump as the round opened. The crowd erupted into rapturous applause for the effort and heart of both fighters.

"And Yōko opens with a huge wheel kick!!" Michele screamed. "Ekaterina's been rocked, but remains on the feet! And now they clinch!"

From inside the clinch, Ekaterina threw a knee straight into Yōko's abdomen, crumpling her momentarily, before breaking the clinch and hurling a powerful hook-uppercut combination that stung Yōko directly on the chin. Yōko remained on her feet, however, gritting her teeth and regaining her composure some distance away from Ekaterina.

"Look at the toughness of Yōko Itō!" Michele screamed in awe. "She ate that right on the chin and didn't so much as flinch! But now she's gonna have to pull it out of the fire!!"

Yōko once again threw a kick to Ekaterina's inner thigh. By then, the damage had accumulated significantly, and Ekaterina was wobbled, dropping onto one knee. Immediately, Yōko rushed in to take advantage of it, attempting to lock in a guillotine choke. Ekaterina was able to defend just in time, jamming her hand into Yōko's chokehold to create space, before driving the Japanese fighter up against the cage wall, from which she then pried the guillotine open and locked in a body lock, pressing Yōko against the cage. There, as Yōko tried to free herself, Ekaterina hurled a flurry of powerful punches and knees to Yōko's body, right up until the final buzzer went off and Mahmoud Solomon separated the two fighters.

"What an incredible effort by both women tonight!" Michael Bespin praised Ekaterina and Yōko, as the two of them exchanged another fist bump, in recognition of each other's efforts, before they both walked back to their respective corners, each raising their fists nervously in anticipation of the official result. "No matter who walks away with the decision tonight... the stocks of Ekaterina Ramazanova and Yōko Itō have risen tremendously after this battle. Let's go to Bruce Duffer."

"Ladies and gentlemen", Bruce Duffer read out the official decision, as both fighters stood in the centre of the ring, "after three rounds, we go now to the judges' scorecards for a decision. The judges score the contest 29-28, 29-28, and 30-27, for the winner by unanimous decision... Ekaterina "The Necromancer" Ramazanova!!!"

The crowd cheered, as Ekaterina raised her fist triumphantly, before offering a handshake to Yōko, who accepted it graciously and pat her opponent on the back. Michael Bespin entered the cage, standing beside Ekaterina to interview her.

"I'm here with the winner, Ekaterina Ramazanova", he said. "Ekaterina, congratulations on the biggest victory of your career - you are now going to debut on the Women's Bantamweight rankings. Tell us how it feels."

"That was a really tough fight", the soft-spoken Ekaterina could only manage so much. "Sorry, I'm still a bit, you know, buzzed."

"I understand", said Michael in response. "I'll keep this short."

"Thank you, Michael."

"You came into this fight a slight underdog, at +135", Michael continued. "And you knew that you were facing a big step up in competition, so soon after you fought Sachiko Takahashi at Meta Legends 172..."

"I didn't take any damage in that fight", said Ekaterina, chuckling sheepishly. "So I thought I would stay active. But now I am excited to enter the rankings... and to make my way up to challenge Amanda Lourenço."

"Well, after that impressive performance, the sky is the limit for you, Ekaterina. I cannot wait for your next fight, and I'm sure you'll get your wish to face the best of the best soon." Michael Bespin raised Ekaterina's hand. "Give it up for Ekaterina Ramazanova!!"

"Before we go on to our next fight", said Michele Scaramucci, after the interview, "here's a special interview with Meta Legends President Hideki Yoshida."

The broadcast cut to the commentator booth, where Michele Scaramucci was standing with Hideki Yoshida, who looked decidedly unhappy.

"Hideki, you saw what happened in the fight between Feng Yuanyi and Augusto Machado", he said. "Tell us your thoughts on what happened-"

"I'll tell you what I think", said Hideki Yoshida indignantly. "I think it's disgusting. I think Feng Yuanyi should be absolutely ashamed of his absolutely inappropriate behaviour. He eye-poked Hong Cho-dong, who is now the Lightweight Champion, when they fought at Meta Legends Miami. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and another chance. But this time, he misses weight... makes a political statement in his walkout that is against the rules of MMA, against the principles of sportsmanship... and then he blatantly pokes Augusto Machado in the eye. The doctors got back to me. They say it's the worst eye injury they have ever seen in MMA. Augusto Machado will likely never fight again."

"Oh my goodness..." Michele Scaramucci was stunned into silence.

"And let me be very clear", Hideki continued. "Augusto Machado will probably never be able to fight again... and Feng Yuanyi willl also never fight again. He's a scumbag, and I've exhausted my patience with him. He will never fight in Meta Legends ever again. I don't care if he wins 100 fights in a row outside. You'll never see him fight here ever again.

"Meta Legends is the world's largest MMA promotion. We expect all our athletes to hold themselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We have no place here for gangsters like Feng Yuanyi. His spot on our roster will be taken by someone more deserving. Someone who is professional, who is sportsmanlike. Feng Yuanyi will never fight in Meta Legends ever again."

"Alright folks", said Michele Scaramucci, once Hideki was done. "That was the special address by President Hideki Yoshida.

"Coming up next... a ranked contenders bout in the Men's Bantamweight division, between No. 2 ranked Yodlek Gaiyanghadao, and No. 5 ranked Keith Chang!"

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:21 pm

REICH MINISTRY OF WAR

HEADQUARTERS OBERKOMMANDO DER WAFFEN-SS, WELTHAUPSTADT GERMANIA

4 July 2020

Waffen-SS Order P1300.8R W/CH 1-8
To: Heavy Artillery Unit (E) 672
Subj: Movement Orders
Enclos: Maj. Gen. Sarana Trisiriphisan's orders
Lao Army Intelleigence

1. Purpose. Assistance with Operation Spearhead

Heavy Artillery Unit (E) 672 is to move into firing position immediately in accordance with Operation Spearhead. The destruction of M-4 railway and M-4 highway are of vital importance to prevent further use of South Han weapons. Moreover, such a move will serve as a reminder of the Kaiserin's forces in SEA importance to the overall campaign.

(Signed)

Sturmbannführerin Rosa Ramírez
Chief of Staff, 18th Rifle Division

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:33 pm

Four Dragons Hotel and Casino, New Vegas Strip, New Vegas, Disneyland, 2200, 26 June 2020
Alfonso let out a quiet cough, fanning the smoke from his face before speaking.

"No." He took a drink, never seemingly taking his eyes off her. "I'm usually here on business, never pleasure. I find mixing the two tends to get messy." He took his eyes off to check for any potential threats, before continuing.

"What about you Fräulein? Business.." He reached into his pocket, pulling out a solid black case, the size of a cell phone. "Or pleasure?" The case clicked open and he pulled out his cigarette, a lighter flying out of his sleeve as he lit it in front of her, letting out a puff of smoke.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse