NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Always Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

New Civilizations [OOC | Always Open]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:53 am

--New Civilizations--

Joohan, G-Tech Corporation
Welcome to the 3rd Era...

╔═══════════════╗
-Introductions-
╚═══════════════╝

You're an old soul in a new world. You are given no explanation - no cause of knowing how you arrived here - nor reason for being here. You don't know where or when you have landed. You are alone, you are naked, and no one is looking for you.You have come just in time to witness the end of humanities blank slate: the time before history and civilization. Man is finally beginning to understand his real power, and will soon understand his place in the world. You, are the product his quest for knowledge and mastery over the Earth. You have seen the culmination of 5,000 years labor, before miraculously being sent back to the beginning of it all. No reason was given to you for arriving here, so you must make the reason! Why were you sent to the beginning of time? How did you shape our journey? The history books are blank once again, and you - you shall be it's author!

»»————-  ————-««

Welcome to New Civilizations! A game, which sends you, either your literal self, or a person very like yourself, back 5,000 years into the past - the dawn of history, and civilization! You've no explanation of how you arrived, or even why you are here. Not only has the world changed around you, but you have changed as well! From the day you arrive in the past, forever onward, you will not age. You've become a timeless immortal! What is more, you are able to, unconsciously and instinctively, understand and speak every language you come into contact with! Your body has become immune to receiving or transmuting disease - though you are still able to be killed by other unnatural means. Sent to the past, as a timeless and neigh immortal, you are free to shape history and mankind's journey over the millennia as you see fit - restrained only by your reason, your means, and ( of course ) other authors. Typically though, you are expected to fashion some kind of civilization or culture - though this is an ultimate sandbox game. New Civilizations is one of the oldest and most successful Role Play games in the history of NationStates.net, with the very first iteration having been made all the way back in 2016! In joining our ranks as a fellow Author of mankind's new history, you shall count yourself among some of the most accomplished and imaginative members of the role playing community! We're always open, to new and old players alike!

╔═══════════════╗
-Rules and Expectations-
╚═══════════════╝

1.General NS rules
2. You may not post your author profile to the author list until you have been accepted by either G-Tech or Joohan.
3. Your Author cannot be someone who just happens to be perfectly suited for the time period. You can't be an expert in metallurgy, blacksmithing, masonry, and carpentry. Your Author should be an otherwise normal person with normal skills. It is preferred that your Author resemble you as much as possible ( be yourself if you want ), though exceptions will be made if deemed reasonable.
4. The people of the year 2,965 B.C., are not stupid - or even that ignorant. They are, in their own way, usually just as logical and reasonable as you are now - you crafting some bronze and making a shovel isn't going to make people think you are a god. What is more, these people aren't going to make you chief of their village simply because you killed the old chief in a fight. That'd be unreasonable today, it'd be unreasonable then. Treat the NPC's like they were actual human beings with fully functioning brains.
5. You arrive in this world naked - literally. You come in with nothing.
6. There is no set rule for time skips. At opportune moments in the story, I will do a small global skip a few years into the future. Every participant will be warned ahead of time of when this skip will happen. Prior to these skips, try not to jump more than a few years ahead in your characters development.
7. You are free to write the reactions of NPC's as you see fit. On occasion, I or a CO-OP might intervene simply to make the story more interesting. You are limited in reacting for the NPC's of another Author's civilization by what that particular Author will permit ( if allowing you to react on their behalf at all ).
8. You will arrive in this world, after having awoken from sleep.
9. Your Author should not just instantly be cool with their situation; some kind of panic should be expected.
10. Skills listed in your Author Profile should be specific, relevant to your current situation, and things to which you posses a degree expertise at. You actually must be an expert at the skill which you list, in order to declare that you have it.
11. Do not list any of the following as a skill: historical knowledge, oration, charisma, leadership, military tactics - unless you have very hard skills in these areas. Do note that skills which are deemed too broad will have to be sharpened until they fit our criterion for acceptance.
12. You may not be given admin rights to the, New World History Book, until your Author has actively participated in New Civilizations for at minimum of two time skips.
13. During a debate or point of contention, any statement dropped by the OP which is highlighted as **** Example Text ****, is to be regarded as the final and absolute statement on the matter - no further debate being permitted upon that particular subject.

╔═══════════════╗
-Author Profile-
╚═══════════════╝

Code: Select all
[size=200][i][b]Author Applicaiton[/b][/i][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height and Weight:[/b]
[b]Skin, hair, and eye description:[/b]
[b]( Optional ) Picture:[/b]

[b]Prior Profession:[/b]
[b]Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ):[/b]
[b]Physique description:[/b]
[b]Useful skills:[/b]

[b]National Origin:[/b]
[b]What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?:[/b]
[b]Description of personality:[/b]
[b]Where in the world are you landing?:[/b]

[b]Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):[/b]

[b]Writing Sample:[/b]

( Optional on down)
[b]What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:[/b]
[b]What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:[/b]
[b]Why did you chose to land where you did?:[/b]
[b]What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?:[/b]
[b]What are your character's motivations?:[/b]
[b]Theme Song?:[/b]
[b]What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:[/b]
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:55 am

-FAQ-

Era is just how many OOC's we've had during this particular iteration. Each new era usually comes with some big rules overhaul, or some new changes in gameplay. Don't think too much into it.

A big question which often plagues early and mid game authors is how fast technology should progress, and what kinds of technologies would be available to them. You are free to explore off in any direction you want to, technology wise, but you should probably keep some things in mind.

1. If you personally do not know how to do this thing right now IRL, your author won't either.

2. You are starting out from as scratch as literally possible. You are coming into a world naked, during a time were writing and numeracy are practically unknown to anyone outside of other Author civilizations. Very basic laws and concepts of science and the world have not been invented yet, and are likely unknown to the average person. Most places are still using stone tools, and others are just beginning to use copper. The people of this era may be as rational and logical as you are, but that isn't to say that they have access to any specialty tools or knowledge. You will pretty much have to reinvent all the basic concepts of science

3. You are constrained by your resources. If you wanna make bronze, but the area you live in doesn't have any tin - well then you're out of luck.

4. You can learn new knowledge and skills in the IC, it just takes time. Say you wanted to demonstrate your Author's ever growing affinity with carpentry, then you should show them, over a series of multiple posts, experimenting and figuring out the skills needed to be a carpenter. This goes with pretty much everything: blacksmithing, chemistry, tactics, medicine, sailing, etc.

5. If you aren't sure about the feasibility of something, just ask either myself, G-Tech, or post it up in the OOC. You will get helpful feedback and advice from your fellow Authors. Don't try and just fake it - you will be found out eventually, and may be asked to retcon your actions.

There are some pretty common inventions put forth by authors, things which seem ubiquitous to rising civilizations, like iron, steel, irrigation, etc. Here is a rough timeline of how long someone pursuing said invention could be expected before happening upon it ( Given resources, pursuit, and IC posts detailing it's gradual discovery ). Exceptions do exist though, such as landing in an area were it is known historically that said knowledge existed during this time, or your Author has unique knowledge in said field.

Irrigation - 1 year
Bronze - 5 years
Iron - 10 years
Steel - 15 years
Gunpowder - 20 years
Blue Sea Sailing - 10 years
Horse Domestication - 5 years
Soap distillation - 3 years
The water wheel- 3 years
Charcoal - 1 year

History is just a record of the actions of man, and culture is just a man's history remembered. Civilization isn't some arbitrary numerical measurement of a people, it's subjective. What kind of society do you want to build? What actions will propel the people around you towards that goal? What obstacles must you overcome? There is no objective way for a civilization to form, you've just got to figure it out on your own. Look to other Author's for examples if need inspiration.

A lot like regular non-civilized natives do - except a whole lot tougher. These guys aren't barbarians with clubs, these are civilized early nation's in their own right, with developed cultures, political systems, and reasonably advanced technology. Uncivilized peoples are pretty easy to conquer or convince to join your civ, by NPC civ's are a very different story. Your interactions with them will largely be left for you to write out in the IC - with occasional intervention perhaps from either of your OPs.

Eh, that depends. 1. How long were you gone in relation to the IC, 2. Are you still active.

For the first, if you were only gone for say, a single timeskip, and nothing significant happened to your civilization since you've been away, you'll be free to retake command of your old civ. If you were gone for longer, or something significant has happened to your civ, you may be asked to start again somewhere else in the world.

For the second, if you are gone, and your account goes inactive - your author is just presumed dead

Short Answer: Not Europe

Long Answer: Depends. If you are story centric, and don't mind being on your lonesome for a long while, you should probably pick an area far away from any other Author Civ. There, you will have time to explore your own culture, free from having to worry about others interfering with your long term plans.

If you want to interact with others though, and desire rapid technological growth, I would suggest either East Asia, the Levant, or the red sea region. Those places have other authors, and they're not typically as murderous as the Europeans are.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:33 pm

First!

Author Applicaiton
Name: Aleksander Śliwecki
Height and Weight: 1.83 Meters, 74 Kg
Skin, hair, and eye description: White, Brown, Greyish
( Optional ) Picture: nah

Prior Profession: Literature Professor
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): College Education in Literature and Polish, C1 grade English skills, many times a finalist in various History competitons
Physique description: Fit
Useful skills: no...

National Origin: Polish
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: reading Science Fiction books ( finishing Dune to be exact )
Description of personality: I dunno, I'll probably have him get a different personality by the next time skip or two so does it truly matter?
Where in the world are you landing?: Al-Ahsa Oasis

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):
Well, what can you really say about his life, pretty boring, had parents from the upper-middle class so he didn't have to worry about money, got a good education, majored in Polish and then literature, was a fan of sci-fi books, began teaching in the Academy he previously was studying in, overall, nothing really happened in his life, no big defining event, no traumatic experience, he had kind of just, went along, he got himself recently a good pile of new books and was reading through them, when he felt inexplicably sleepy, and then he woke in the desert...

Writing Sample: this is my second character in the RP, you've already seen my writing

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: to make a religion vaguely based on the book Dune and start a holy war ( I'm trying to abstain from using the word jihad due to the modern day connotations even if it was exactly the word used in Dune )
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: none
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Sand, lot's of sand ( and hopefully some Bedouin )
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: zealous theocracy that does not like when 'heathens' step into it's lands
What are your character's motivations?: heat-stroke caused revelation ( :p )
Theme Song?: dunno, either some vaguely Arabic song or something from the Dune movie
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:35 pm

Howdy. I’ll copy it over soon
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:13 pm

what up, I’ll copy my app over soon.

Joohan, G-Tech - have either of you thought about my telegram?
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Orostan wrote:what up, I’ll copy my app over soon.

I don't mind taking over Pan Province. :p
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Orostan wrote:what up, I’ll copy my app over soon.

Unfortunately Joohan has been out of the loop for a bit - we’ll get there soon.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 pm

Yeah, lost my phone and I didn't really have much computer access where I was. We started a new OOC?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:56 am

Joohan wrote:Yeah, lost my phone and I didn't really have much computer access where I was. We started a new OOC?

Yarp, new OOC to bring in the lads. Things have been pretty quiet for the last two weeks.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:36 pm

Name:
Bostwick Frederick Graham Pendragon

Height and Weight:
5'10, healthy weight

Skin, hair, and eye description:
Caucasian, black hair, hazel eyes

Prior Profession: Student

Level of education:
Business Diploma (Management)
BA in progress

Physique description:
Bostwick stands at 5’10, is Caucasian, and has hazel eyes. He has black hair, and without the ability to shave has a beard that grows similiar to the Amish. He needs glasses to see well far away, and after waking up has a hard time with long range vision. While slightly overweight he is able to run for short periods (5-10 minutes), and dig dirt for 4-8 hours per day with breaks depending on the temperature.

Useful skills:
Bostwick has skills that are more useful in the modern world, such as: financial literacy, knowledge of economics, knowledge of business administration techniques, computer skills, and soft skills like teaching, public speaking and taking an idea and explaining it in manners that are more simple to aid in another's understanding of that topic.

As a history buff, and someone that enjoys reading and writing, he is familiar with some of the general information from European and Canadian history - especially with regards to political and military history. He knows a little bit about opera, and ancient inventions as well.

As someone with experience on public and private boards and elections, as well as taken some courses in political science, economic development, or related he has some skill (or knowledge of) with governance practices.

With regards to hands on skills, he is familiar with first aid and camping. While now rusty he used to have some knowledge of basic carpentry for building a bench out of pre made parts.

National Origin:
Canadian

What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?:
Before going to bed on the night he was sent back in time, Bostwick was probably enjoying some recreational activities. He was probably playing some xbox, and/or did some googling.

Description of personality:
Bostwick is calm, analytical and patient. He is hardworking, honest, and enjoys helping others and learning. He doesn't like conflict and tries to avoid it if possible. When it comes to negotiation, he prefers a style that involves communicating and compromise.

When it comes to planning and decision making he is more detail oriented; looks ahead at goals on occasion, and sees what can be done to obtain them.He generally thinks things through, if possible, to weigh the pros and cons of a decision before making a decision. He doesn't see the ends as justifying the means. Before making a decision he likes to consult with others to get other opinions.

He likes playing games, such as chess or Skyrim; watching comedy movies such as grumpy old men; and listening to music from the 20th century from the 1900’s to 1980’s.

Where in the world are you landing?:
Sevastopol, Crimea

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):
Bostwick was born in a Canadian city. Growing up he attended beaver and cub scouts where he was exposed to camping trips and social gatherings. His favourite school subjects were history and English. In middle school he became involved in clubs such as: chess club, electronics club, and gaming club where he played empire total war. In high school he was able to learn about films and radio, as well as financial management and legal studies. He engaged in clubs such radio clubs and school council. During his time in high school he engaged in outside activities such as advising his provincial government with regards to educational policy, and international events. When he was 16 he joined army cadets and over nearly three years became a sergeant, was trained in marksmanship, and became involved in field training exercises, hunters education training, drill team, and instruction of junior cadets in Canadian history and governance.

When he was 17, during the summer, he would volunteer at his local zoo. In this role he would help with panphlet distribution, stamps, visitor counting, animal safety from visitors, and visitor education.

That year in the fall he went to post secondary and started taking a diploma in business administration. Bostwick would graduate after 3 years with a major in management, having learned multiple topics including finance, business organization, marketing, Microsoft office, supply chain management, and project work. He got involved with the student association as a guest in the first year, and was elected for two following years. During this time he became involved with committee work, such as governance, external advisory, and campus activities. In his last year with the student association he went to the provincial capital to lobby the members of the legislative assembly. During the last 2 years he joined the schools academic council where he joined two committees and worked on two projects, as well as voted to implement dismiss or modify academic programs. He joined his community board for his second year and engaged in activities such as budget approval and ice rink maintenance. In his second year he became involved with public speaking, helping students transition from secondary school to post secondary.

In the year before he had been taken, Bostwick had been working on obtaining a bachelor of arts. He had taken programs in math and science, academic writing, political science and history. He also was able to get involved with the students association on an advisory committe.

Since landing in the new World Bostwick has become a Carpenters apprentice, graduating to become a master carpenter. He has founded numerous associations to help organize people and improve their quality of life. He has engaged in economics by helping put together the Single Market, politics through reform projects to bring in more local representation and infrastructure development, military through a mutual defence agreement, and private enterprise by helping to found the Hudson’s Bay Company and the Northwest Company. He has also helped spearhead festivals, holidays, and entertainment, and started a family. Today he is a grandfather.

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:

Edit: I’m interested in founding a Black Sea country. This would probably have Romania with dubrogea, Moldova, Ukraine, the Sea of Azov including rostovskaya oblast, Krasnodar krai, Georgia, and the Black Sea region of Turkey.

What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:
British - Bicameral Parliamentary Democracy, House of Lords, Cabinet, Governor-general, Lieutenant-Governor and Deputy Minister, Coats of Arms
Romans - Senate, election system (Public Assembly, Tribal Assembly, Centuriate Assembly), military organization, and castes (Patrician, Equities, and Plebeian)
Vikings - Military equipment, longboats, Municipal governments
Egyptians/Persians/Chinese - Bureaucracy
Venice - Doge title replacing senator title
Scottish - Bagpipes, Kilts, Golf
Canada - RCMP police, Federation, "Peace, Order and good governance motto", and similar governance divisions of powers as outlined in section 91 and 92 of the Canadian constitution.
Athens - Provincial governments (Areopagus upper house, Boule lower house, Prytaneis Cabinet), tribes are called clans
Russia - Streltsy municipal police
Ukraine - Kulaks
United States of America- Baseball
Europe- Chess
Why did you chose to land where you did?:
Crimea is centrally located in the Black Sea; potentially allowing for better expansion or trade in the Black Sea area later on. Crimea is also located in a defensible location; potentially allowing for an easier ability to maintain at least that holding later on if wars occur. The culture at the time is close to a heavy dense population; allowing for greater trade possibilities. You were discussing the possibility of established civilizations getting added to the civilizations list, and while it would take time this might be easier on a peninsula than on open land.

What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?:
At first the civilization would probably resemble early Athens politically, with a governing oligarchic council. Economically it would probably primarily focus on animal husbandry, especially Cows and sheep. and focus secondarily on agriculture, hunting, and fishing. Defensive wise, as at the time the people lived in fortified settlements with long houses made from wattle and daub that is probably how it would start as well. As 500 years earlier, around 3500 bc, the yamna’s neighbor the Trypillia culture had cities with populations reaching 20,000-46,000 people they may have a population around that size as well.

What are your character's motivations?:

Theme Song?: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lODUP2orePk

What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:
Last edited by Cainesland on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:21 pm

Should have known something was up. I was tubing down in Lynchburg Tennessee when I felt a sudden disturbance in the force - which usually means that G's up to something.

I'll finally begin working on my first 2965 post and responding to the wave of tg's i've gotten. Anything pressing that should be brought to my attention IC or OOC?

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:52 pm

Joohan wrote:Should have known something was up. I was tubing down in Lynchburg Tennessee when I felt a sudden disturbance in the force - which usually means that G's up to something.

I'll finally begin working on my first 2965 post and responding to the wave of tg's i've gotten. Anything pressing that should be brought to my attention IC or OOC?

I want to enslave several hundred thousand bandits.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:44 am

Joohan wrote:Should have known something was up. I was tubing down in Lynchburg Tennessee when I felt a sudden disturbance in the force - which usually means that G's up to something.

I am very soon going to have my fingers in aksum's yemen pie
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:00 am

I think the main thing on the plate is still Orostan’s event - if you review the pertinent posts and TGs, we’ve got a bit of thinking to do.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:33 am

Been busy writing a book, but after I finish the first draft I'm gonna start expanding.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Existentialcrisis
Secretary

Founded: Jun 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Existentialcrisis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:01 am

do you think their could be tribes in the south and north which survive bye leeching of the tools of china through underground trades and corruption (im guessing the south it might swell up strong , since the regions practially under occuption and well, im guessing a lack of adminisrators might make things hard to uncorrupt)

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:21 am

Existentialcrisis wrote:do you think their could be tribes in the south and north which survive bye leeching of the tools of china through underground trades and corruption (im guessing the south it might swell up strong , since the regions practially under occuption and well, im guessing a lack of adminisrators might make things hard to uncorrupt)

No since there's no big smuggling trade until my character starts to make it. Understand that China is the only power in Asia and can trade freely via kowtowing. I would expect that there are some attempts but mostly through raids or sneaking off from obligations by the YRS by getting goods and sending them off to their own.

However, now that I think about it. The Bandit Wars have opened the market up and I will expect every bandit from Jin to Gosu to be willing to part with their ill-gotten goods and slaves to anyone with enough barter power.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Existentialcrisis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Existentialcrisis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:37 am

im writing up my application for a second time, and i go on the map, and i see icedonia and shun npcs spreading out like a cancer worldwide on the map. i think someones deliberately messing it up

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:50 am

I cannot see the map, so hopefully it’s representative.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am

Ralnis wrote:
Existentialcrisis wrote:do you think their could be tribes in the south and north which survive bye leeching of the tools of china through underground trades and corruption (im guessing the south it might swell up strong , since the regions practially under occuption and well, im guessing a lack of adminisrators might make things hard to uncorrupt)

No since there's no big smuggling trade until my character starts to make it. Understand that China is the only power in Asia and can trade freely via kowtowing. I would expect that there are some attempts but mostly through raids or sneaking off from obligations by the YRS by getting goods and sending them off to their own.

However, now that I think about it. The Bandit Wars have opened the market up and I will expect every bandit from Jin to Gosu to be willing to part with their ill-gotten goods and slaves to anyone with enough barter power.

There are going to be empires influenced by the bandit wars all around China. If I get what I want and a hundred thousand bandits flee China with another 300 thousand staying within it you will have plenty of customers, both inside and outside it.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Existentialcrisis
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Existentialcrisis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:24 am

when was their a sea faring bird empire, with icedonia stretching to china and the arctic circle
Last edited by Existentialcrisis on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:37 pm

Orostan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:No since there's no big smuggling trade until my character starts to make it. Understand that China is the only power in Asia and can trade freely via kowtowing. I would expect that there are some attempts but mostly through raids or sneaking off from obligations by the YRS by getting goods and sending them off to their own.

There are going to be empires influenced by the bandit wars all around China. If I get what I want and a hundred thousand bandits flee China with another 300 thousand staying within it you will have plenty of customers, both inside and outside it.

Are there any that many people in China alone? Because if there's that many bandits and your forces are less than that then the bandits will rebel even without my intervention. I digress, I don't think they will allow that to happen.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Existentialcrisis wrote:([url=https://i.ibb.co/cJ85sB7/pls-help.png]Image)[/url]
when was their a sea faring bird empire, with icedonia stretching to china and the arctic circle

Our plan to attack china is all coming together...

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:22 am

Ralnis wrote:
Orostan wrote:There are going to be empires influenced by the bandit wars all around China. If I get what I want and a hundred thousand bandits flee China with another 300 thousand staying within it you will have plenty of customers, both inside and outside it.

Are there any that many people in China alone? Because if there's that many bandits and your forces are less than that then the bandits will rebel even without my intervention. I digress, I don't think they will allow that to happen.

Well, I’m going to be the only one with weapons and trained soldiers. After a few years the former bandits are going to have a big enough stake in Chinese society so that they don’t want to rebel anyways.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Orostan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Are there any that many people in China alone? Because if there's that many bandits and your forces are less than that then the bandits will rebel even without my intervention. I digress, I don't think they will allow that to happen.

Well, I’m going to be the only one with weapons and trained soldiers. After a few years the former bandits are going to have a big enough stake in Chinese society so that they don’t want to rebel anyways.

With your idea of butchering the bandits, mass enslavement and other likewise reforms I believe that they will rebel but will be more organized and vengeful.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse