NATION

PASSWORD

Divinity/Humanity OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 pm

What would you thoughts be on:
1. Cygic also having the domain of magic, or if magic should go to a separate deity? It looks like a fairy influential domain.
2. Cygic creating electric eels, eels, lobsters, and crabs?
3. There being giant arthropods, Burgess Shale type creatures, coral reefs, and other prehistoric creatures such as dinosaurs, marine reptiles, flying reptiles, and ancient mammals?
4. Having the areas Burford and Reimchester are in having a more clan based structure with the kingdoms monarchy on top, rather than then having barons, counts, Marquis and dukes like most of the rest of the kingdom outside the cities?
5. The 9 largest cities and Bury having charters?

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:06 am

Cainesland wrote:What would you thoughts be on:
1. Cygic also having the domain of magic, or if magic should go to a separate deity? It looks like a fairy influential domain.
4. Having the areas Burford and Reimchester are in having a more clan based structure with the kingdoms monarchy on top, rather than then having barons, counts, Marquis and dukes like most of the rest of the kingdom outside the cities?

1. I'd not go into Domains like that. I'd just say that he is a known as a powerful mage even among deities and is worshipped by a number of magicians especially with a more "arcane" approach to magic (but less so by Druids, Occultists or Thaumatheurgs) That leaves space for even more focussed "magic" gods or a number of gods with aspects of magic, with different approaches to the topic.
4. So you mean to say, that Gwalchmei is not Saoirse's Family name but rather her Clan? And that when deciding to claim her father's estate for herself she first went to the Baron Thane with a couple of witnesses (that confirmed both that Caith had won Liara's "favor" during the goddess' festival and that Liara had personally given Saoirse into the hands of the Order and Kylie in person after this), so that he would take her into the Clan (and only after that she challenged her uncle). Works for me. Also, as I expect you to want to go further with the comparison, it could be noted, that House Gwain has traditionally used the "O" in front of the Clan Name, rather then the "Mac", even though this is more common with the Forest Clans of the Southwest than with the Mountain and Rheim-Valley Clans of the Northeast (aka highlander/lowlanders ;) )

Also a new idea by me:
-The old language: A language in widespeard use in the Area that makes up the Ayrtican Kingdom a few centuries ago. With the establishment of a strong Kingdom ruled from the population centers in the Tsavor Valley (where the language was not spoken), it slowly fell out of use. Even in the years before the cataclysm befell Dystrairia, the northeastern and central dialect of the language was already only known to scholars, while the southwestern dialect was still spoken as primary language by a few 1000 people, mostly in remote villages in the Forest of Uire (of whom >98% are probably dead by now), which also causes the language to be called "Old Uirean" in areas where it's not referred to as "the old language". Even though it's not used for conversations, the traces of the language can still be found in various place and family names, especially among the clans, and sometimes in local versions of the Kingdom's titles for it's vassals (like Tòiseach for Thane).
Last edited by Kaledoria on Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 am

2. Cygic creating electric eels, eels, lobsters, and crabs?
3. There being giant arthropods, Burgess Shale type creatures, coral reefs, and other prehistoric creatures such as dinosaurs, marine reptiles, flying reptiles, and ancient mammals?
5. The 9 largest cities and Bury having charters?

1. I would say as well to avoid giving something as broad as magic to a specific deity, especially when all are known to create and bend reality as they do. Perhaps he favors a certain kind or something but magic itself is a huge ground to cover.
2. I don't mind much on animal creation as long as it doesn't conflict with anyone else's history.
3. I do like the idea of having ancient and possibly unknown creatures but I don't want it to end up feeling like Jurassic Park with all the dinosaurs. So maybe a few but also maybe we can have creatures inspired by them that aren't quite the same.
4. Seems it's already been approved by someone more affected by the change, so if they're fine with it then I don't mind.
5. I'm not sure what effect this would have on them in their relationship with the rest of the kingdom or monarchy, but could be open to it
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=493577
My SAO inspired RP.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:19 pm

On a personal note I'd prefer the fantasy version (dragons over dinosaurs for example) but I'm fine with prehistoric animals too, to some extent.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:27 pm

1. I would say as well to avoid giving something as broad as magic to a specific deity, especially when all are known to create and bend reality as they do. Perhaps he favors a certain kind or something but magic itself is a huge ground to cover.

That makes sense. Thank you. It is a rather large area.
2. I don't mind much on animal creation as long as it doesn't conflict with anyone else's history.

Thank you.
3. I do like the idea of having ancient and possibly unknown creatures but I don't want it to end up feeling like Jurassic Park with all the dinosaurs. So maybe a few but also maybe we can have creatures inspired by them that aren't quite the same.

Cool. I wanted to check since we had raptors and mammoths. It seemed interesting having large insects and sea creatures and Burgess Shale creatures because the Burgess Shale have a fairly different look, things like plesiosaurs could inspire sea monsters, and giant anthropods could influence cultures through cuisine or hunting practices or crafting through things like exoskeleton armour or spider silk weaving. But I thought I would ask and get a feel for what the setting had or didn’t have. Thank you.

4. Seems it's already been approved by someone more affected by the change, so if they're fine with it then I don't mind.

Cool. Thank you :). It seemed interesting to have things like Irish and Scottish type clans involved as well.

5. I'm not sure what effect this would have on them in their relationship with the rest of the kingdom or monarchy, but could be open to it

Cool. Thank you :). Here is an explanation for what a medieval city charter might entail. Although it can probably be modified to fit the setting. I’m guessing some privileges such as minting may be out of bounds. The last link is from a more scholarly source than Wikipedia. There was some discussion around self-government before and there may have been some hesitation before if I recall correctly. What do you think about this though?

A charter is the grant of authority or rights, stating that the granter formally recognizes the prerogative of the recipient to exercise the rights specified. It is implicit that the granter retains superiority (or sovereignty), and that the recipient admits a limited (or inferior) status within the relationship, and it is within that sense that charters were historically granted, and it is that sense which is retained in modern usage of the term.

A municipal corporation is the legal term for a local governing body, including (but not necessarily limited to) cities, counties, towns, townships, charter townships, villages, and boroughs. Municipal incorporation occurs when such municipalities become self-governing entities under the laws of the state or province in which they are located. Often, this event is marked by the award or declaration of a municipal charter, a term used because municipal power was historically granted by the sovereign, by royal charter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter

Traditionally the granting of a charter gave a settlement and its inhabitants the right to town privileges under the feudal system. Townspeople who lived in chartered towns were burghers, as opposed to serfs who lived in villages. Towns were often "free", in the sense that they were directly protected by the king or emperor, and were not part of a feudal fief.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_charter

City rights are a feature of the medieval history of the Low Countries. A liege lord, usually a count, duke or similar member of the high nobility, granted to a town or village he owned certain town privileges that places without city rights did not have.

When forced by financial problems, feudal landlords offered for sale privileges to settlements from around AD 1000. The total package of these privileges comprises the city rights.

Such sales raised (non-recurrent) revenue for the feudal lords, in exchange for the loss of power. Over time, the landlords sold more and more privileges. This resulted in a shift of power within the counties and duchies in the Low Countries from the aristocracy to the bourgeoisie, starting in Flanders. Some of these cities even developed into city-states. The growing economic and military power concentrating in the cities led to a very powerful class of well-to-do merchants and traders.

Common city rights

Privileges

City walls (the right to erect a defence wall around an inhabited area)
Market right (the right to hold markets and receive income from them)
Storage right (the right to store and exclusively trade particular goods, often only granted to a few cities)
Toll right (the right to charge tolls)
Mint right (the right to mint city coinage)
Taxation (the right to levy taxes)
Weighing (the right to organize official weighing- cargo, livestock, produce, building material, trading goods etc.)

Freedoms

Personal freedom (citizens had a relative degree of personal freedom in comparison to citizens of rural areas: they were not subject[clarification needed] to the liege lord and had freedom of mobility) — Hence the old saying "Stadslucht maakt vrij" ('City air makes free').

Governance

Self-governance (Well-to-do citizens could sometimes elect local government officials)
Judiciary and law-making (Within its boundaries the city could have a great degree of autonomy)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_ri ... _Countries

Judicially, a borough (or burgh) was distinguished from the countryside by means of a charter from the ruling monarch that defined its privileges and laws. Common privileges involved trade (marketplace, the storing of goods, etc.) and the establishment of guilds. Some of these privileges were permanent and could imply that the town obtained the right to be called a borough, hence the term "borough rights" (German Stadtrecht, Dutch stadsrechten). Some degree of self-government, representation by diet, and tax-relief could also be granted. Multiple tiers existed; for example, in Sweden, the basic royal charter establishing a borough enabled trade, but not foreign trade, which required a higher-tier charter granting staple right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_privileges

The staple right, also translated stacking right or storage right, both from the Dutch stapelrecht, was a medieval right accorded to certain ports, the staple ports. It required merchant barges or ships to unload their goods at the port and to display them for sale for a certain period, often three days. Only after that option had been given to local customers were traders allowed to reload their cargo and travel onwards with the remaining unsold freight.[1][2]

Limited staple rights were sometimes given to towns along major trade-routes like Görlitz, which obtained staple rights for salt and woad, and Lviv gained them in 1444.

A related system existed in medieval and Tudor England, covering the sale and export of wool and leather and known as the Staple.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staple_right

https://yl.sd53.bc.ca/mod/book/view.php ... terid=2713
Last edited by Cainesland on Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nations United for Conquest
Negotiator

Founded: May 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:19 pm

So I'll drop my two sense and say that I personally prefer more fantastical elements over something like Dinosaurs. Especially if we're gonna to make modifications to them, because at that point your basically already making Dragons. Now, building off that, I'd say have a larger variety of Dragons, with things like Wyverns, [Classical Dragons], Drakes [Wingless dragons], Lindwurms/Wyrms, and Amphithere. Also add in things like the Olliophiest in lakes and seas, and you've got that covered pretty well. They can range in size and variety from cattle sized, to city sized. Some can even be tamable [most likely Wyrms or Wyverns, since they're usually smaller].

I also have the idea for a certain beast, The Céad-Béal or Many Headed One. It's a subspecies of Werewolf whose origins are shrouded in mystery but are record as being at least a few centuries old. Unlike most werewolves which retain an ability to be dibedal, the Céad-Béal is a beast that mainly operates on all four legs, though it should be noted that they have more pronounced fore-legs. Whilst they retain a wolf or hound like build, they are noticeably larger and more muscular, being around the size of a full grown bull on average. Most retain a coat of black like charred logs, though some records indicate rare occurrences of silver or auburn coats. They're usually found on the fringes of settlements or stalking roads and paths that cut through the forests, preying on travelers that wander in low numbers. The beast's name comes from the strange occurrence of their face which is said to constantly be shifting with new heads often appearing from the maw of the old one and around the neck of the beast as well. Despite the fact that no one head remains distinguishable from the mesh of fur and heads for more than a few seconds, these beasts are noted to have extremely precise spatial awareness, more so at night, making them extremely hard to deal with, not including the fact that striking the head is virtually impossible to accomplish. The legends of the beast state that they originated from the bedding of a natural werewolf and a disgraced and cursed Child of Darcon who birthed the first of these cursed beasts. Some have even gone as far as to say they hunt demigods and anything with relation to the divine in an effort to satisfy the grudge of their mortal parent.

Additionally, there are two similar forces but with much different alignments. Sentinels of the Forest are a group of spirits said to represent the collective will of the forest or other natural land formation [Swamp, Plains, Mountains, Lake, etc.] that they preside over. They can take on many forms, from simple large deer to more humanoid or abstract apparences. Such depends on the nature of the nature they find themselves in and can even appear in different ways to different people. Though largely a neutral force, content with simply presiding over the lands they were formed from, they have been known to attack or help various mortal depending on the worth of their souls and actions. Most are on the physically weaker side, but are said to have immense power over natural magic, and whilst at home in their lands are nigh impossible to best. If by chance one is bested, the lands that they inhabited will rapidly decline without their presence. There are rare mentions of hostile spirits, but most originate in places where divine influence is strong, such as the Lost Forest of Summer, where most mortals are prevented from accessing or there has been a great atrocity or curse laid upon the grounds, such as Ryce's Hollow where most say the cause of lost travelers is a malevolent Sentinel.

On the flip side are the Guardian of the Lands, though they are often called The Daughters of Fás. Much like the Sentinels, they are spiritual and immortal, having been birthed from the residue divinity of Fás in Her early days of assisting Man thrive. Most Guardians are found in a humanoid form, more often than not a lithe and tall woman but with otherworldly features, such as hair which shimmers in the sun, or eyes that hold the colors of exploding stars, and an ethereal beauty about them. WIthin the pantheon they are most often considered young and minor goddess with influences over craft and artistry that very from Guardian to Guardian depending on the settlement they are tied to. Unlike their Sentinel counterparts they are much more aligned with Man, helping to bless the specific craft of said settlement or to offer it some form of protection and blessing in times of turmoil, as they possess a small dominion over Fás' Authority of Sovereignty. They were even known to go as far as bedding with the Kings and Lords of various realms creating children with a small amount of divinity, somewhere between a Demigod and a Legacy in order to keep strong warriors and bloodlines intact. Such is a rare occurrence, even in the old days, and earning the Guardian's blessing was much more common. When old civilizations died many were known to wander the land, either succumbing to the death of their lorded settlement, or finding a new one to adapt to and lead to prosperity. In the common age they still exist, but with humanity being pushed to the brink and the disappearance of the Gods their abilities are much reduced and many have faded altogether. Though some that were smart or tied to a particularly important area still exist, solemnly traversing the lands they once oversaw. While meeting with one is often seen as good luck and can lead to great abilities, they should still be approached with caution, for their sense of morality and thoughts are still of a divine nature and hard to understand from a mortal's perspective.

There's also the Husks or Remnants. These are forces of human creation rather than natural means. Remnants are a collective desire and bundle of human emotions, mostly related to death, anger or regret. As such most are found in areas of great loss or bloodshed. Remnants are formed when the feelings of dread and anguish in a particular area is so large it gains a semi-physical manifestation, similar to how Sentinels are a collective will of nature in a particular area. However, Remnants are just that; Remnants. They are the leftover collective feelings of many dead or suffering humans. Once given form they are simply driven by the greatest desires that birthed them; mostly to continue inflicting pain and suffering on whatever and whoever they find that is still alive, often wearing the armor and weapons of the fallen should they come to exist on a battlefield. While most are stronger than the average man, they are put phantoms and aside from whatever armor and clothing they may find, they can still be destroyed by a well placed slash or combat spell. Most also lack basic combat skills, mostly flailing about and relying on their strength to do whatever damage they can and never thinking ahead, rarely dodging. A single Remnant isn't much to fuss over, but a few can prove to be serious trouble, even for a young Demigod or a careless once. In the past they were mostly thought of fairy tales; the type of enemy discovered in deep crypts and abandoned towns, though in the current age they have become all the more prevalent due to both widespread death and the disappearance of Goddess Eirya. One would be hard pressed to travel more than two days from any town without encountering one. Normally they are relatively passive, never really venturing past the sight of their 'birth' but have been known to pursue their enemies should they attempt to retreat, and unlike the living do not tire. The two largest occurrences of Remnants, naturally, can be found in the Ruins of Bury and The Citadel, for obvious reasons.

And now for two places.

- Caeven's Grove - A small settlement deep in the marshes of Kearburns Swamp. In the old days the swamp covered a much larger portion of the land and there were a number of people who attempted to make settlements there. However, the only successful were the people of Caeven, an ancient tribe that was known to pay great respect to both Fás and Armedia. They worked the land in a sensible manner and with the help of Druidism and a gift from a Child of Cosáin, they learned the ways of the forest. They made peace with the Sentinel of the that particular swamp as well a wandering Guardian who happened upon the people. The Caeven worked with the forest, rather than used it for their own gains. There was never a surplus among them, but never a deficit. They reaped from the swamp and in turn paid it and the Gods back. Over time they eventually became completely self-sufficient and rarely ever left the swamp. On occasion one would leave, spreading the magic of the forests further over the land, but in time they too became reclusive, much like their original people. For ages they remained untouched not by war nor famine. They learned to grow with the forest, shaping their homes and all architecture from the roots and trunks of the great trees and other shrubbery and bramble that grew in the swamp lands. In the current age, with the reduction of the Swamp, only but a single settlement remains; the Town of Gunder, but to most is simply known as Caeven's Grove, for it is the last stronghold of the Caeven people who have existed since before the Kingdom's founding. Even today the people are still suspicious, but the swamp itself is far more welcoming than Ryce's Hollow. It is more importantly known as one of the only places left in the Kingdom where one can reliably find a Druid or Druidess.

- Citadel of The Four Winds - The Citadel in question is a mighty fortress that lies on the crossroads the Gilrioran and Long Roads. In the heyday of the Kingdom it was among one of the strongest fortresses in the possession of the Kingdom, as it was were the major roads in the south and east of the kingdom met. Once it was the greatest hub of culture and trading in the southern half, if not all of the Kingdom. Craftsman, traders, adventures and wanders all met in the great city to exchange their wears and ideas. Due to its prominence in Kingdom trade a mighty fortress was eventually erected, along with great walls that spanned the entire city, most of which was centered around a large plaza of various stalls and attractions. Four entrances were left, each in the cardinal directions, and it was not uncommon for winds to pass through all four at once, or at the very least, all in a single day, due to the close location to both rivers and highlands and mountains. However, as the Kingdom began to fall, so did the Citadel, especially when contact with the other neighboring kingdoms was lost completely. Now it stands as a shell of its former self with once proud walls of startling white stone from quarries on the river, replaced with a sickened brown coating only accented by the occasional vine that dares to scale its high walls. The inner portions of the city are much the same, with decaying housing and a ghost town like empty plaza. In the days since the Kingdom's decline various groups have attempted to occupy the Citadel, from bandits to ambitious lords and even the Kings own Knights. At present it remains unclaimed, with the occasional traveler or small raiding party staying within its walls. However, recently unsettling rumors about strange occurrences in the Citadel have gained the ears of the adventurous and well informed.

As for the stuff relating to Treoir's followers, the large goats [So long as they're those white mountain goats with the curly horns] are fine. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear they road large deer/reindeer, specially bred and lightly enchanted, as well as horses or even dogs in a similar nature to the Goats and Horses, like a Tibetan Mastiff or King Shepherd on steroids.
National Information
Leader - Prime Minister Alaro Kuhn
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
The Coming Storm - PLANNED
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

THE DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF OSKANO
COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Cool. That’s fine.

It sounds as though dinosaurs aren’t as desired.

If Dinosaurs aren’t desired apart from Raptors, which is understandable as like Canis said it might create more of a Jurassic park theme. Would large arthropods, fantasy creatures, and creatures from the early miocene onwards be of interest? Maybe with a handful of marine reptiles and prehistoric plants?

ImageImage

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019

Postby Ceystile » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:46 pm

Should have a post up by Sunday

Negotiator

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:55 pm

Hmm, I'm not really sure how well giant insects blend in with the general feel that the world has so far, which is largely based in Western and Northern European set pieces; castles, temperate forests, open plains. I'm not saying something couldn't fit, since large Arachnids and centipede like creatures certain have a place in this kind of fantasy, though the particular flora you've brought up seems to clash a bit with everything else. You could maybe bring in some of them [Fauna], but I'd suggest putting more of a creative twist on things so they don't stand out against the already establish fauna; both the normal [Deer, Wolves, Bears, Moose, Foxes, Rabbits, etc.] and the more mythical ones [Pegasi, Dragons, Werewolves, etc.]

That's just my take though.
National Information
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:43 pm

Nations United for Conquest wrote:Hmm, I'm not really sure how well giant insects blend in with the general feel that the world has so far, which is largely based in Western and Northern European set pieces; castles, temperate forests, open plains. I'm not saying something couldn't fit, since large Arachnids and centipede like creatures certain have a place in this kind of fantasy, though the particular flora you've brought up seems to clash a bit with everything else. You could maybe bring in some of them [Fauna], but I'd suggest putting more of a creative twist on things so they don't stand out against the already establish fauna; both the normal [Deer, Wolves, Bears, Moose, Foxes, Rabbits, etc.] and the more mythical ones [Pegasi, Dragons, Werewolves, etc.]

That's just my take though.

Thank you. I’m not entirely sure how to put a more creative twist on things like large spiders.

Like you said though most of the established fauna seems to be from western and Northern Europe. It seems to be more ice age type flora and fauna. I suppose there are only a few Southern Europe stuff, like olives, grapes, and Reme’s infrastructure which has elements from Italy, Constantinople, and Carthage as well.

Cainesland wrote:List of animals confirmed to have been created by each deity thus far

Ardemia, Goddess of the Hunt
Lions, Tigers, Leopards(a lot of the big cats basically). Eagles. Sharks. Raptors (Velociraptor, Deinonychus, etc). Snakes.

Cygic, God of Logic, Reason, and Order
Ants, Termites, Honey Bees, Spiders, Beavers, Raccoons, Corvids and WereRavens, Parrots, Dolphins, Octopi, Elephants, Mammoths, electric eels, eels, lobsters, and crabs.

Darcon, God of War
Dogs, Wolves, Werewolves, Vultures (maybe)

Eir Goddess of Healing

Eiryia, Goddess of Death
Vampires, Vultures (maybe)

Fás, Goddess of Planting, Harvest, Sovereignty, and Fertility
Horses, Mules, Donkeys

Grasta, Goddess of the Sun, Youth, Summer, Oaths, and Festival
Songbirds, Cicadas, Lightning Bugs, Sunflowers and Pegasi

Liara, Goddess of Freedom, Chaos, Rebels
Cats, Foxes, grapes

Luria, Goddess of the Moon
bats, owls, catfish, badgers, scorpions, koi fish, and hyenas.

Myrcon, the Deceiver, God of Deception and Malice

Vashti, Goddess of Wisdom and Craft
Dwarfs, Cyclops, Telkhines, non-honey bees, sheep, goats, cows, pigs, chickens, olive trees, and Apple trees.

Zimde, God of Music and Poetry
Nightingales and Larks

Granted not all of these animals need to be in the kingdom itself.

Edit: Just ideas so far though. If we aren’t interested in them for the setting that is ok.
Last edited by Cainesland on Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:47 am

How many people do you think are in Caeven's Grove?

Negotiator

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Cainesland wrote:How many people do you think are in Caeven's Grove?

Hmm, probably no more than perhaps 150-200. It's called a "town" but it's really a collection of many small little settlements of a few homes all close together and connected by bridges grown from nature and magic. Magic itself is fairly common there, most of it related to enchanting or some form of nature/earth based theory or alchemy. Very few possess abilities on the level of or pertaining to Druidism. Maybe 7 or 8 individuals in the whole of the "Town" but unlike most Druids/ess, that remain hidden away from society in the woods or hard to reach places, or travel, these all stay in the settlement so they're much easier to contact if your in need of some high level natural magics or Soothing
National Information
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 pm

Thank you :).

I have updated the list to reflect 150 people in the grove. 240 people are available before we reach 200,000.

Edit: Would anyone be interested in proposing something for Cygic?

Edit 2:
Proposal
Following Eiryia’s duties as guide of the dead, the boatfolk of Eiryia act as guides to the dead and the living. The boatfolk of Eiryia occupy ferry’s which they run up and down the kingdoms rivers. While in this way serving as guides to the living, they also have a connection to the dead in their ability to speak to the dead, bring back the dead, and create undead.

These boat folk have been known to help with closure in the past by channeling relations that have past on, helped with legal relations by talking to the deceased, helped with labour shortages by animating the dead, and helped with bringing people back from the dead. Unfortunately, nobody has been brought back from the dead since Eiryia stopped answering 12 years ago. The dead still exist though and these people still help with the dead. Unfortunately less people have come for their help in the last 12 years because of safety concerns.

It is rumoured that if one can get the boatfolk together with the knights medicinal in the same area one can still bring someone back, but doing so may be a large undertaking.

Today there are just 60 Boatfolk of Eiryia.

Proposal 2
Located in the cities, these are the priests of Darcon. The temples of Darcon look like big longhouses. Usually each temple has 2 Alphas. While people would ordinarily assume they would be trained soldiers, tacticians and strategists, because the alpha wolves are the dominate breeding pair in a wolf pack, they also help with marriage, relationship advice, and child delivery services.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Negotiator

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:50 pm

I'd suggest something of an academy for Cygic, as not every God needs a following of people associated with them. For instance, Ryce's Hollow has something of a connection to the Goddess Cosáin and Fás has The Lost Forest as a holy site connected to her. Could make it something that studies Alchemy or a more refined version of magic [As, at least in my mind, Druidism is something more of a wild and naturally performed magic], or even something more "mundane" like architecture or law. Could even be a massive university type thing with many subjects that was founded by Cygic or one of his Children in the ancient past.

Also, Grásta is a God, not a Goddess. I'm not sure if that was a fub on my part on something or a misinterpretation but Grásta is in fact a He
National Information
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:03 pm

I'd suggest something of an academy for Cygic, as not every God needs a following of people associated with them. For instance, Ryce's Hollow has something of a connection to the Goddess Cosáin and Fás has The Lost Forest as a holy site connected to her. Could make it something that studies Alchemy or a more refined version of magic [As, at least in my mind, Druidism is something more of a wild and naturally performed magic], or even something more "mundane" like architecture or law. Could even be a massive university type thing with many subjects that was founded by Cygic or one of his Children in the ancient past.

That could be interesting. As a deity of reason, logic, and Order being involved in education makes sense. Like Oxford or Bologna or Hogwarts or a mix.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or ideas?

Also, Grásta is a God, not a Goddess. I'm not sure if that was a fub on my part on something or a misinterpretation but Grásta is in fact a He

Thank you. I changed that from her to him. I think I probably misinterpreted.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:26 pm

Since there's been more interest in creatures, I'll say I would prefer more fantastical ones as well since we're really building a very fantasy RPG-esque world and that feels like it would fit better. As for raptors, I did not think that through well enough, though rather than outright delete I'll see if I can't figure out something else to serve a similar niche(bipedal scrappy lizard pack hunter).
I do like some of the ideas like the sea creatures and ancient plants because I think they can be made something rather eldritch pretty easily, either through imagination or combination(like the spider example, maybe combine spider and scorpion, make it dinosaur-sized, voila walking horror).
The idea for varied dragons came up and I do actually have some in mind, will need to make a post for those. As well as for some of the monsters that have already been mentioned but I haven't given much of a description for.

For city stuff, the charter idea does sound like most of what they have so charters seem likely.
As an aside, in the post with prehistoric animals/plants, what is that animal in the third picture that looks like a cross between a bear and a tapir? Because something that has the most pettable face but can stand up and look a giraffe in the eyes seems like it would be both adorable and terrifying to encounter.

Also like the addition of some undead-like creatures and sort of nature spirits. The factions/groups as well, nice bits of the world.
My SAO inspired RP.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:32 pm

That looks like a giant ground sloth to me

Negotiator

Postby Nations United for Conquest » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:35 pm

Canis Rex wrote:-Snip-

I do like some Dragon variety. Especially when hunting them for sport plot reasons

If you want to do something about raptor like creatures I'd point towards Monster Hunter for inspiration, as the series has more than a few that exist. Or you could replace raptors with an interpretation of the Basilisk, which in some renditions was a chicken-snake-lizard hybrid
National Information
Capital - Gesno
Population - 325,581,223
Currency - Krot ($)
Roleplay Information
OP Gatelord - [OOC]
TBA FE RP - PLANNED

COBALT NETWORK MEMBER
Est. 1663

The H Corporation
Minister

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Anarchy

Postby The H Corporation » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 pm

So, I never elaborated a lot for the goddess Eir, but now that we are talking about academies and stuff and all that talk about if I remember correctly the Ruins of Bury

*Checks to see if it is right*
Yeah, those ones. There could be a possibility that apart from them there are small academies related to medicine but just like in the feudal times, there were doctors able to cure small diseases with the exception of the pandemics like in this case the "Black Snow". Now to what I was talking about, how medicine may be taught in the cities may be different from those in the ruins of Bury like for example in Bury the doctors/healers/etc. are more focused on the teachings of Eir which are help anyone without any preference or waiting for a reward for it (Because being a doctor is all about helping the people whether they are friends or foes) while the doctors in most if not all of the cities they work only for the nobles in exchange of power or protection, a good example of greed, which inevitably caused a conflict between the 2 but in the end, the ones that have the most chances to survive are the noble doctors.

You know what to make it easier to differentiate between them, let's call those living in the ruins "sykepleiers" which means nurse and the ones taking care of the nobles let's call them "doktors", yeah instead of a 'c' a 'k'. Now to elaborate a little bit on why there are more doktors than sykepleiers is because the nobles paid a lot to other mercenaries or groups of assassins to kill the syke, which explains their reduced numbers and why they live apart from the cities, and how they became a myth or legend.

Idk if that would be okay, or if I explained myself correctly.
Welcome to The H Corporation
Money is everything, whether you like it or not
You don't like dark theme? Well good luck reading this >:D
Just a Mexican o((>ω< ))o. Talks nonsense whenever possible and loves cats. Cats are cute (^///^). Still writing Factbooks. If I cared about politics then I wouldn't need to visit 8values. "Life is like a rollercoaster, you have to pay to ride it" This nation does not represent my views and it will never do. College is hard, you know what else is hard? Life. Now making flags: Here! Callista's Best Politician and RPer!!
8values RightValues LeftValues 9axes
You want some lore? Here take this Not finished Lore (Heavy WIP) I am not lazy to finish it, I am just waiting for you to finish reading
Is a Corporation scary for you?
Boo!

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Dragons

Wyverns: Not considered 'true' dragons, but often thought of as the apex monsters smaller cousins. Still plenty dangerous in their own right in that they are larger than humans, capable of flight, and carry some of the most potent venom in the known world that can be delivered via their bite or the barbs on their tails. Very territorial and vicious, with a scaly hide that can shrug off most weapons.

Hydroi Dragon: A beautiful but dangerous dragon sporting an ocean blue hide with ice-white feathers adorning its head, wings, and tail. It can control both water and ice, spewing breath cold enough to turn anything caught within into a sculpture as well as bring a torrential downpour onto foes. If unfortunate enough to be facing one in a wet or snowy environment the land itself can be turned against an adversary, forcing one to fight against being drowned/buried as well as the dragon itself. Has an odd defense in that its hide is easily penetrated, almost like water, but nothing ever seems hit, as if the vital organs simply aren't there. Enjoys decorating its lair, typically underwater caves or arctic dungeons, with the statues of those it has frozen.

Inferno Dragon: The most aggressive type of dragon, preferring to dive from the direction of the sun like a blazing red star. Their attack is nonstop and simple. Fly above what it wants destroyed(a range noticeably larger than most other dragons, above even where a siege engine could hit), bathe the land in white fire, swoop down and stomp on the ashes, repeat until it's urge for destruction is satisfied. Fighting back is difficult as its body exudes enough heat that some metals will melt once within range, making high-quality steel a must and a wielder more than human required. They seem to gather the ash from their rampages and use it as nesting material.

Storm Dragon: The smallest but most nimble of dragons, they are grey serpents that streak through stormclouds and seem to prefer getting out in disastrous weather. Can spew lightning as well as swell themselves to release a burst of air capable of killing even monsters with the sheer concussive force. Electricity constantly dances along their scales, making using a weapon or armor that involves direct skin-to-metal contact highly dangerous. They are most often spotted not attacking, but instead flying through the air with mysterious chunks of metal clutched in their jaws, thought to be meteors they caught before impact.

Burial Dragon: A plague-black dragon with a hide seemingly protected by its own external skeleton. Least aggressive of the dragons, preferring to feast on the dead whose souls have passed on rather than living prey. Their breath is to be feared though as it rots everything in sight, human, monster, and divine-touched alike. Prefers to live among large crypts, tombs, and graveyards, often keeping a personal collection of possessions found among the deceased.

Tyrant-Helmed Dragon: A monstrous dragon with an arrangement of bone spikes on its head that matches its name. It dwarfs all other dragons in both size and power, last seen a decade ago destroying the kingdom of Hylinge. Most information on it comes from a single journal written by a man who claimed the dragon to be intelligent, letting him live to spread its name. He says there is only one but apparently found describing it further difficult, only noting its wrath to be 'as if gazing upon the end'. Some scholars have argued it is simply a mutant dragon, others think it may be a pet of one of the deities. All hope the current situation with the moon child has not brought it back from whatever has kept it away.
My SAO inspired RP.

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 pm

Cainesland wrote:That looks like a giant ground sloth to me

(Image)

Thank you and seems right.
This is what would me killed as a prehistoric human. Trying to pet one of these things.
My SAO inspired RP.

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:27 pm

Nations United for Conquest wrote:
Canis Rex wrote:-Snip-

I do like some Dragon variety. Especially when hunting them for sport plot reasons

If you want to do something about raptor like creatures I'd point towards Monster Hunter for inspiration, as the series has more than a few that exist. Or you could replace raptors with an interpretation of the Basilisk, which in some renditions was a chicken-snake-lizard hybrid

Great idea, I actually got Monster Hunter World not too long ago, will look into that.
The basilisk is already its own creature(as that type of hybrid too), I'll include it in the other list.
My SAO inspired RP.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:30 pm

The H Corporation wrote:You know what to make it easier to differentiate between them, let's call those living in the ruins "sykepleiers" which means nurse and the ones taking care of the nobles let's call them "doktors", yeah instead of a 'c' a 'k'. Now to elaborate a little bit on why there are more doktors than sykepleiers is because the nobles paid a lot to other mercenaries or groups of assassins to kill the syke, which explains their reduced numbers and why they live apart from the cities, and how they became a myth or legend.

Maybe Reme could be an exception then?

Because I put 4 doctors, 8 nurses, and 4 apothecaries in Reme.
Urban
Population: 1,150
Working Age: 460
Breakdown:
- 30 monks
- 24 clergy
- 15 council members
- 30 scholars
- 60 palace staff
- 50 merchants
- 1 harbour lighthouse operator
- 100 trades
- 46 military
- 16 medical professionals
- 5 tax
- 8 inspectors
- 6 maintenance
- 6 legal experts
- 5 water handler
- 8 storage
- 8 granary
- 14 entertainers
- 4 palace guards
- 12 police officers
- 12 firefighters
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:31 pm

The H Corporation wrote:So, I never elaborated a lot for the goddess Eir, but now that we are talking about academies and stuff and all that talk about if I remember correctly the Ruins of Bury

*Checks to see if it is right*
Yeah, those ones. There could be a possibility that apart from them there are small academies related to medicine but just like in the feudal times, there were doctors able to cure small diseases with the exception of the pandemics like in this case the "Black Snow". Now to what I was talking about, how medicine may be taught in the cities may be different from those in the ruins of Bury like for example in Bury the doctors/healers/etc. are more focused on the teachings of Eir which are help anyone without any preference or waiting for a reward for it (Because being a doctor is all about helping the people whether they are friends or foes) while the doctors in most if not all of the cities they work only for the nobles in exchange of power or protection, a good example of greed, which inevitably caused a conflict between the 2 but in the end, the ones that have the most chances to survive are the noble doctors.

You know what to make it easier to differentiate between them, let's call those living in the ruins "sykepleiers" which means nurse and the ones taking care of the nobles let's call them "doktors", yeah instead of a 'c' a 'k'. Now to elaborate a little bit on why there are more doktors than sykepleiers is because the nobles paid a lot to other mercenaries or groups of assassins to kill the syke, which explains their reduced numbers and why they live apart from the cities, and how they became a myth or legend.

I could see some rivalry between medical professionals who want to get out and help everyone and those who would rather shack up in a city and try to save their own skin but I'm not sure about assassinations given that I don't feel anyone in authority would like having less doctors around during such a dangerous time for disease.
My SAO inspired RP.

Canis Rex
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Canis Rex » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:42 pm

Other Creatures

Wurms: Serpentine monsters that spend most of their time underground. Have poor eyesight but excellent hearing that allows them to track prey from below. Are essentially giant slugs at first, but mature over the course of a year into giant beasts with hard plates for skin and lethal spikes jutting from their sides used for both attack and mobility.

Troll: Humanoid monsters several times the size of even the biggest humans. Possess a strength that allows them to use nearby heavy objects as weapons or crush a human with their bare hands. This strength is their only asset though as they appear to be rather dim and incapable of understanding tactics beyond battering something.

Basilisk: A freakish scaled avian that appears awkward at first glance but mask a deadly predatory nature. They are very agile despite their strange gait, able to glide for short distances, and their fanged beaks as well as claws are both able to easily break the bones of prey. Their venom is also regarded as particularly nasty since rather than using a neurotoxin like other venomous predators(such as the wyvern) theirs is acidic, liquefying a victim from the inside out until it can't continue and the basilisk can safely feed.

Ryrtos: Small winged lizards that hunt in packs, lying in wait for prey then ambushing it by latching themselves on with their abnormally large claws until a foe is brought down by sheer weight of numbers. Can give chase if need be, using their wings to glide for short distances, preserving their energy while also gaining the option to attack from above.

Goblins: Small humanoids with usually sickly green or yellow skin. Live in large bands and attack groups of humans at any opportunity. Their weapons are typically scavenged or handmade and while they lack in martial skill, they are vicious and often resort to poisoning their blades and arrows with their own excrement. Despite human success in battling these creatures, their numbers are a constant thorn.

Chimera: Ferocious monsters able to claim large swathes of territory for themselves. A lion's body with a goat head sprouting from its back and a serpent tail equipped with venom make up the beast. Tremendous leaping ability and agility enable it practically dance around most threats while all three heads can spew lightning to overwhelm foes. Its body is surprisingly tough, keeping most wounds shallow and forcing the use of either specially designed piercing weapons or divine-crafted ones.
Last edited by Canis Rex on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My SAO inspired RP.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse