NATION

PASSWORD

The Vanished Wilderness [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:43 am

Palmyrion wrote:Alright guys, what did I miss?

I'm figuring Johann's Day 1 actions would be venturing out into the Aherrad Plains with Kaye and Nakhu.

Aye, I assumed such. We're 16 hours into a 36 hour trek.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:06 am

Ooh, a collaboration post! And so very well done.

Our plot is afoot!
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:11 am

Auphelia wrote:Ooh, a collaboration post! And so very well done.

Our plot is afoot!

Needed doing, and I wanted to get Viktor out of Farholme, so yknow, seemed best to get chonked through!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:15 am

Our plot is afoot!

Hopefully we can actually manage that price, because I most certainly did not do the math. It sounded reasonable, though. :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:17 am

Lazarian wrote:

Our plot is afoot!

Hopefully we can actually manage that price, because I most certainly did not do the math. It sounded reasonable, though. :p

The math works out from my end, but not knowing your end... eh, even if you fall through, at least I can sell the timber!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 am

Lazarian wrote:Hopefully we can actually manage that price, because I most certainly did not do the math. It sounded reasonable, though. :p

We can manage the price. I still have my five nobles, you each have one noble, making seven. Then with your wages from yesterday we already have a combined 9 copper nobles and eight copper knaves, and that's after one day of work. I haven't done the calculations on how much a fishing trap should cost, but you got us a reasonable price. Well done, for a fisherman.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:The math works out from my end, but not knowing your end... eh, even if you fall through, at least I can sell the timber!

This is why Ruth does all the thinking. Financial management is an underrated skill in the wilderness.
Last edited by Auphelia on Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:49 am

Auphelia wrote:
Lazarian wrote:Hopefully we can actually manage that price, because I most certainly did not do the math. It sounded reasonable, though. :p

We can manage the price. I still have my five nobles, you each have one noble, making seven. Then with your wages from yesterday we already have a combined 9 copper nobles and eight copper knaves, and that's after one day of work. I haven't done the calculations on how much a fishing trap should cost, but you got us a reasonable price. Well done, for a fisherman.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:The math works out from my end, but not knowing your end... eh, even if you fall through, at least I can sell the timber!

This is why Ruth does all the thinking. Financial management is an underrated skill in the wilderness.

Yeah I gave y’all a good deal since I figure it’s something to do. No spoilers, but timber is about to become very expensive.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Our plot is afoot!

Needed doing, and I wanted to get Viktor out of Farholme, so yknow, seemed best to get chonked through!

You mean Gregor? :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Uh, yes. Generic Russian name-man.

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

New Civilizations, New World, same thing. :p

Lazarian
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Yeah I gave y’all a good deal since I figure it’s something to do. No spoilers, but timber is about to become very expensive.

Well, assuming our expedition down to LEV doesn’t go poorly and get devoured by something, the deal will certainly be worth your while.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:51 am

Lazarian wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Yeah I gave y’all a good deal since I figure it’s something to do. No spoilers, but timber is about to become very expensive.

Well, assuming our expedition down to LEV doesn’t go poorly and get devoured by something, the deal will certainly be worth your while.

I'm mainly interested in getting my hands on some Light Blue for emergency healing :P

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:24 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I'm mainly interested in getting my hands on some Light Blue for emergency healing :P

We'll need a furnace eventually for the distillation, but you have a pickaxe, no? We'll see if we can't pay you for the stone and then it's light blue city for us all.

SC #307

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:31 pm

Auphelia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:I'm mainly interested in getting my hands on some Light Blue for emergency healing :P

We'll need a furnace eventually for the distillation, but you have a pickaxe, no? We'll see if we can't pay you for the stone and then it's light blue city for us all.

My plans mainly revolve around whether tools wear out - if they do, establishing a copper smelting industry is extremely important. If not, silver is the road forward, or gems.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:59 pm

Auphelia wrote:

My plans mainly revolve around whether tools wear out - if they do, establishing a copper smelting industry is extremely important. If not, silver is the road forward, or gems.

While I'm looking to explore outward and hunt the biggest games(humans).
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Sat May 01, 2021 12:10 pm

Well, the prostitution mechanics are finally getting a workout.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:My plans mainly revolve around whether tools wear out - if they do, establishing a copper smelting industry is extremely important. If not, silver is the road forward, or gems.

Ooh, gems!

You could be a jeweller! Sell ladies of the Empire the fantasy of this exotic new world, filled with magic and possibility. You could go the snake oil route and sell necklaces and rings with gems that will reveal one's future husband if only they stare hard enough into them. Nothing wrong with a little marketing to inflate prices.
Last edited by Auphelia on Sat May 01, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SC #307

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat May 01, 2021 7:27 pm

So, I take it no time advancement today? :P

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat May 01, 2021 7:38 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, I take it no time advancement today? :P

Nay, afraid not - I've been trapped in finals prep. Tomorrow I'll get responses up for all relevant posts - anyone who hasn't posted yet though, get to it!

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sat May 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Here's what I am thinking of doing at day three when we get to the Aherrad Plains and start mining:
Day 3
  • 0000-0400H: Travelling to Aherrad Plains (36/36)
  • 0400H-1600H: Looking for tubers (1 bushel)
  • 1600H-1800H: Looking for Long Grass (x2)
  • 1800H-Next Dawn: Sleep (6h)

Yes, I am going to sleep for just six hours. A small price to pay for future endeavours, so to say.

Any word as to how many mud-bricks I need to make a simple mud-brick house?
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 02, 2021 6:39 am

Palmyrion wrote:Here's what I am thinking of doing at day three when we get to the Aherrad Plains and start mining:
Day 3

Yes, I am going to sleep for just six hours. A small price to pay for future endeavours, so to say.

*gasp* sleep is integral!

But Game asked that folks TG him for Expansion Point usage.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sun May 02, 2021 7:34 am

Palmyrion wrote:Here's what I am thinking of doing at day three when we get to the Aherrad Plains and start mining:
Day 3

Well your average adult (but Johann is something of a young adult lmao) can function in the range of 6-8 hours of sleep, so 2 hours short is probably going to be a tiny penalty to pay for long-run endeavours.

Secondly, it hasn't been one IC week since we started - we're at Day 2, IC-wise. Also the fact that one can already make mud-bricks means one can make a mud-brick house. Thirdly, one can make a bloomery with some leather, mud, and long grass, and get on with smelting iron from ore; the (earthen) bloomery is literally the first iron smelter mankind ever made.

Fourth: what do I need to gather to make a simple A-frame lean-to shelter?
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sun May 02, 2021 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 02, 2021 8:15 am

Palmyrion wrote:

Well your average adult (but Johann is something of a young adult lmao) can function in the range of 6-8 hours of sleep, so 2 hours short is probably going to be a tiny penalty to pay for long-run endeavours.

Secondly, it hasn't been one IC week since we started - we're at Day 2, IC-wise. Also the fact that one can already make mud-bricks means one can make a mud-brick house. Thirdly, one can make a bloomery with some leather, mud, and long grass, and get on with smelting iron from ore; the (earthen) bloomery is literally the first iron smelter mankind ever made.

Perhaps, perhaps. I suppose we’ll see.

Everyone starts with one Expansion Point - and that’s what the Mud Bricks are for right now, smelters and things, not homes. Unless I missed something, currently the only home that can be constructed is the Stockade.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun May 02, 2021 10:59 am

Palmyrion wrote:Well your average adult (but Johann is something of a young adult lmao) can function in the range of 6-8 hours of sleep, so 2 hours short is probably going to be a tiny penalty to pay for long-run endeavours.

Everyone starts with one Expansion Point - and that’s what the Mud Bricks are for right now, smelters and things, not homes. Unless I missed something, currently the only home that can be constructed is the Stockade.

Everyone starts with 2 expansion points, actually. In regards to everything else, my computer is out of commission for the next ~2-3 hours rendering a video, so expect more responses and potentially a day advancement after that.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 02, 2021 1:16 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Everyone starts with 2 expansion points, actually. In regards to everything else, my computer is out of commission for the next ~2-3 hours rendering a video, so expect more responses and potentially a day advancement after that.

Ooh. To the expansion mobile.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 03, 2021 5:59 am

*prods Ultar*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse