NATION

PASSWORD

Hellesreich: An Interwar Political RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Based on the information from OPs and app, I created two (unofficial and crude) maps of Hellesreich. Just an idea on my part. :) :)

Prewar Empire (Red):

After Treaty (Green):

Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Now see I was expecting far far worse.

Chedastan Puppet

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:06 pm

If we combine both maps, the borders will be looking even wors- better :p :p :p
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Hypnoss
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypnoss » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:08 pm

I think I was imagining something like one of these.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:12 pm

By god, this is literally Chernarus from Arma II all over again, it's gonna be cursed no matter where you put it.
Chedastan Puppet

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:14 pm

Combined my map with Wasi's and Hypnoss' to produce this map of the empire (left Austria, Bavaria out since I think Austria-Hungary was a thing in this TL):

Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Combined my map with Wasi's and Hypnoss' to produce this map of the empire (left Austria, Bavaria out since I think Austria-Hungary was a thing in this TL):

([url=https://i.postimg.cc/PxM1cP6W/im.png]Image)[/url]

Gotta admit, I am pretty amused by the fact this map pretty much implies that the Austria-Hungary Empire was rather small in this world and just regular Austria, while this gigantic state filled in the void.
Chedastan Puppet

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: The Traansval
Character Name: Hans Żeromski
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 45
Character Height: 5'7'
Character Weight: 150lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Minister-President of Mittersee and member of the Central Committee of the ASP
Appearance:
Character Nation/State of Origin: Ravenstadt, Hellensreich
Character Party Affiliation: ASP

Strengths: Intelligent and well educated, Hans is a talent organizer and very effective speaker.
Weaknesses: A hothead, Hans is easy to anger and quick to denounce.
Biography: Born in the nation's Capitol in the 1880s, Hans is the son of Jewish parents; his mother kept the faith while his father embraced Secularism and joined the Protestant Church to aid his career in the Hellensreich Civil Service. His father ensured that he'd attend university, studying law, and eventually graduated to face a career as a lawyer. He joined friends from university in attending meets of the Social Democratic Party, eventually joining it. He used his legal education to assist the party, working out of a flat providing criminal defense to members of the party persecuted by the state.

In 1907 Żeromski found himself in the middle of a schism between the SPD and more radical members who rejected the mainstream policy of reformism. Despite being closely associated with the radicals Żeromski wrote in defense of the party leadership. Despite these defenses, Żeromski faced an antisemitic campaign against him by several party members who accused him of stealing books and clothing. SPD leaders disliked Radek for his anti-war and anti-nationalist rhetoric and so held a committee to investigate these accusations, eventually dissolving the committee before it could report its findings and pushing a vote to expel Żeromski from the party.

Żeromski's expulsion was followed several months later by the outbreak of the War. Wanting to avoid being conscripted or arrested for his anti-war activism, Żeromski fled to a nearby neutral country, joining many of his fellow radicals. The SPD adopted a policy of support for the war, causing the radicals to leave the party en masse. In exile, Żeromski joined the newly founded ASP, becoming an editor and writer for its leading publication. The news of the war and the discrimination levied on him by the SPD pushed Radek further, forming a clique labeled the Left Opposition by other members of the ASP.

After the peace, Żeromski and fellow exiles of the ASP returned to the Reich to take part in the People's Congress, being one of the vocal members calling for the overthrow of the monarchy. Without a solid base of support, the ASP worked to build a coalition, Żeromski himself becoming an organizer with the All-Reich Free Workers Union, leading strikes in the cities. A base of support soon collected around the state of Mittersee, with a broad working population finding a worthy message in the ASP's propaganda and Żeromski's speeches. During the Dictatorship the ASP mobilized its armed wing, the Red Faction, along with armed Trade Unionists to fight a partisan street campaign against the police aligned with the military government.

After the freak death of Kurt Meinser the military, facing strikes and street battles, agreed to restore the constitution and in a deal negotiated by Żeromski the Red Faction demobilized, although didn't disarm or disband. Riding on the popularity of the ASP Żeromski ran for and won the election as Minister-President of Mittersee. With the support of the Trade Unions, the still-active Red Faction, and the good relations between himself and party leader Drex, Żeromski is solidly in control of the state, a control recently being tested by the paramilitaries of the Nationalists. However, Żeromski is not content to preside over Mittersee alone and views his current position and the position of the ASP as temporary. The only conclusion to the ills of the Reich is the overthrow of the Dictatorship of the Bourgeoisie and the establishment of a true Workers State in Żeromski's eyes, and with a growing amount of support that is exactly Żeromski's goal.

Other Info: Żeromski is not an ethnic Hellen; not only is he from a Jewish family but also a family originally from one of the regions of the Reich that has now gained independence. This is often a point of attack for his opponents on the right, deriding him as not a "true Hellen", either because of his nationality or his Jewish ethnicity despite being a committed Atheist.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: The Traansval

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by The Traansval on Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 pm

ASP starting to look pretty lit, ngl, and totally not saying that because I applied as the party leader :p .
Chedastan Puppet

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Wasi State wrote:ASP starting to look pretty lit, ngl, and totally not saying that because I applied as the party leader :p .

I'm dreaming of a Red Christmas

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:35 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Wasi State wrote:ASP starting to look pretty lit, ngl, and totally not saying that because I applied as the party leader :p .

I'm dreaming of a Red Christmas

All I want for Christmas is a Helle Realistische Kommune
Chedastan Puppet

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Wasi State wrote:-snip-

Looks good! Accepted!

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Flowerdell wrote:
Wasi State wrote:-snip-

Looks good! Accepted!

Neat, so I'm assuming the Red Faction is canon then :p .
Chedastan Puppet

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:39 am

Looks like there actually arent any right wing characters yet - guess I'll apply as such
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:54 am

Well, there are right wing characters:

Heinrich Schneider (I apped as him). Though he is closer to RL Reaganite Conservatives than to Nazis or the monarchist right.

Emil Remus von Volk, who is leader of the monarchist right.

I could use a deputy leader in the Konservative Bund, so if you are interested in a fiscally and socially conservative character (with a bit more emphasis on fiscally), you are more than welcome. :) :)
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Well, there are right wing characters:

Heinrich Schneider (I apped as him). Though he is closer to RL Reaganite Conservatives than to Nazis or the monarchist right.

I could use a deputy leader in the Konservative Bund, so if you are interested in a fiscally and socially conservative character (with a bit more emphasis on fiscally), you are more than welcome. :) :)

Fiscal and social?

I think you've got something mistaken there - it's fiscal or social. It's NVRP for me
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:01 pm

I could do it

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Romextly wrote:

I could do it

Sounds good to me. :)
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:52 pm

I will be using the map that you guys have created and make a Boreovic- type guy. I can't miss the war ehro train!

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Apologies for being slightly away, been feeling a little unwell.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name:Romextly
Character Name: Luka Novak
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 59
Character Height: 5'6
Character Weight: 142 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Reaichstag
Appearance: Image
Character Nation/State of Origin:Windorp
Character Party Affiliation: Konservative Bund
Strengths: Generally more of a populist, straight to the point, War hero
Weaknesses: Not very well in making friends, blunt, a bit narcissistic
Biography: Maximillian Vorbeck was born 1871, in the state of Windorp as a son of a soldier on the military border with Italy. He applied to a cadet school and entered the school. He gained many demerits due to being unorganized. However he did very well in fencing and sharpshooting at school, and seen leading packs of boys as he was also very defensively intelligent. He graduated the academy after some time and due to his grades, not demerits was allowed as a lieutenant in the Home Guard (or whatever version of a home guard there is).

He was sent to help lead some of the Home Guard, winning praises in campaigns that were conducted early and was given command of a Brigade in the Home Guard. He was soon promoted to Captain in 1895 in the Imperial Army. After going to another military academy and more stellar service in battle, in 1902 he was promoted to Major and in 1904 his rank was now a Lieutenant Colonel, Taking over a Battalion. He was then in 1906 promoted to Colonel, then becoming the Chief of Staff of the 3rd Army Corps. In 1910, he became a Major General and took control of the 7th Infantry Brigade. He was finally given a noble title and given the rank of General in 1913.

When the war started, he was in command of the 6th Corps, soon switched to the 2nd Army which saw some action on the Eastern Front, winning a couple skirmishes in the southern Front and stopped the Russians from crossing the mountains early in the war. During a battle, the russians flanked his men and it looked bleak for the army, though he ordered defenses that managed to hold off the Russians until reinforcements came. He then participated in a joint attack in the mountains.

In 1915, following the entry of Italy in the war so close to Hellesreich, he was to take command of the 5th Army and assume command of the Isonzo Front. In the high mountains, he appealed to a defensive pose and built multiple well entrenched and hidden defense to blast Italian Troops trying to climb up the mountains. He defended against multiple large Italian attacks, gaining the rank Colonel-General. He became the command of the entire front. But finally, due to cracks forming in the empire, many of his troops left and he could not hold the front, moving back to Vienna.

After the war, rejected by the new states created by the Entente, resettled back into Windorp. Realizing the situation as leftist forces began to take control of the government, he then ran for a seat in his state for the KB in 1924 and won, more on the wave of his popularity of holding to the end. He then used his military mindset to his advantage in defense and managed to gain moderate votes on liberal economic policies, seeing how it had raised the Entente allowing them to win the war and was determined to not lose another one. However, he also supported a semi-liberal place on social values and allowed people of colors to enter in the places he worked and fought for their rights.

However, when the government began to turn more authoritarian he spoke out, narrowingly evading arrest due to his popularity. He then found a possible ally in Heinrich and supported his claim in his biographies and added that moreover the division between the people also caused the Empire to fall. He is continuing to support what got him elected, his moderate views that lean partially closer to Libertarianism, though still having his social beliefs on marxist and communist ideals, swearing to fight the Communist and Social Democrats until he dies.
Other Info: Basically a Boreovic if he got into politics

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Romextly

Do Not Remove: 84721

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Did I kill the thread? :p

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:33 pm

Romextly wrote:Did I kill the thread? :p

I mean considering it disappeared from subscribed list of threads until you posted again, probably lol.
Chedastan Puppet

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:34 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Romextly wrote:Did I kill the thread? :p

I mean considering it disappeared from subscribed list of threads until you posted again, probably lol.

Can I get a Serbian guy near my car while I am an schedule please?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse