NATION

PASSWORD

1812: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Sat May 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:Not being privy to Discord discussions, I'm not sure who is and isn't still involved in the RP and what territories are or are not available. Ideally I'd like to return to playing Japan, but if Oscal is still active and wishes to play as Japan then I'd like to reserve whatever remains unclaimed of China instead. And if all of China is taken, then I'd like to reserve whatever is free of Russia. Sorry for being awkward.

Can't speak for Japan, I believe Thrace should know whether it's open relatively soon. I think Russia is taken, but there was a lot of people switching between stuff so I'm not 100% certain, Thrace or the OPs could clarify.

As for China it's divided between the Taiping, and a Qing rump state propped up by France and Korea. It's quite divided, however, so you'd be welcome to collaborate on it with myself if any of the cliques take your fancy. (Note that the map is incorrect, the Taiping will own Henan, Shaanxi, and Gansu. The Ma Clique are unlikely to be a thing due to that, their remaining territory divided between the Mongolian Administration and the Sinkiang Clique)
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat May 29, 2021 2:53 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:Not being privy to Discord discussions, I'm not sure who is and isn't still involved in the RP and what territories are or are not available. Ideally I'd like to return to playing Japan, but if Oscal is still active and wishes to play as Japan then I'd like to reserve whatever remains unclaimed of China instead. And if all of China is taken, then I'd like to reserve whatever is free of Russia. Sorry for being awkward.

Alright, Osc told me that he'd be more than happy to abandon his reservation as Japan for you, so I'll mark Japan as reserved for you now
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Speyland
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Speyland » Sun May 30, 2021 8:30 pm

Krugmar wrote:

Can't speak for Japan, I believe Thrace should know whether it's open relatively soon. I think Russia is taken, but there was a lot of people switching between stuff so I'm not 100% certain, Thrace or the OPs could clarify.

As for China it's divided between the Taiping, and a Qing rump state propped up by France and Korea. It's quite divided, however, so you'd be welcome to collaborate on it with myself if any of the cliques take your fancy. (Note that the map is incorrect, the Taiping will own Henan, Shaanxi, and Gansu. The Ma Clique are unlikely to be a thing due to that, their remaining territory divided between the Mongolian Administration and the Sinkiang Clique)

Well, what a coincidence! I was just happened to play Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game earlier, and I was playing as the Ma clique. It's funny, to say the least.
Last edited by Speyland on Sun May 30, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun May 30, 2021 9:58 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

Alright, Osc told me that he'd be more than happy to abandon his reservation as Japan for you, so I'll mark Japan as reserved for you now

Be thankful, Ty, I warmed it up for ya XDDD.

Oh and Trace, do you mind me nabbing Britain? I'll be posting details over discord, but I wanted to be official in the OOC beforehand.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Novacom wrote:
Deblar wrote:Welp, I’ll put my claim for Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. Thinking about a Jamaica that gained independence in a similar way to OTL Haiti

Unfortunately those are unavailable.

Aw, that sucks. Oh well, guess I could grab Ethiopia

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:52 pm

Deblar wrote:
Novacom wrote:
Unfortunately those are unavailable.

Aw, that sucks. Oh well, guess I could grab Ethiopia

I'm sorry for the confusion, I will be trying to post the regular map updates from the Discord here so that the people who do not have access to it won't miss it.

We have an Aksumite state already, and the latest map looks like this.

If anything else piques your interest, you can go for it, if not you could try to wait until the thread launches - we'll strictly respect the reservation deadlines this time around and inevitably some areas that are currently reserved will become free.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:57 am

For those of us who are not privy to Discord discussions, this is the app format that we will be using for the upcoming iteration, and this is the current status of the map and of reservations.

Speyland
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Speyland » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am

Full Nation Name : Ha Emirate (ها إمارة)
Majority/Official Culture : Ha (Bantu)
Territorial Core : This.
Territorial Claim : And this.
Capital City : Alim (OTL Dodoma)
Population : 560,400

Government Type : Absolute monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Tribalism, autocratism, absolutism
Government Focus : The Ha Emirate is currently focusing on fighting against colonialism and improving diplomatic relations with them at the same time while regaining their lands if reasonable. After all, they also have to preserve their tradition in the name of Islam.
Head of State : Emir Moussa Suluhu II
Head of Government : Emir Moussa Suluhu II
Government Description : The Ha Emirate is an absolute monarchy ruled by an emir, but it also functions as a tribe with a centralized government. The emir is both head of state and head of government. Before the title of an emir, it was formerly an elective monarchy led by a chieftain until a successful coup attempt by a military commander abolished that government. Overall, their government is autocratic. The ruling family is the Suluhu dynasty.

Majority/State Religion : Islam
Religious Description : N/A

Economic Ideologies : Mercantilism
Major Production : Agricultural products, grazing livestock, iron, minerals, clothing, textiles, weaponry, salt
Economic Description : Since the Ha Emirate is a partially isolated nation, its economy is fairly poor, and the industry is only limited to agriculture. On the bright side, they have access to plentiful natural resources but not highly industrial ones. As a result, trade is somewhat cramped as well.

Development: Primitive
Development Description : The nation is underdeveloped as it only contains huts and the like but gained knowledge from Muslim travelers in the past. However, they're barely in good shape in terms of technology and the military. For instance, their army is limited to spears, shields, swords, and bows.

Army Description : The Ha Emirate's army is split into five groups; swordsmen, spearmen, archers, cavalrymen, and guards. Otherwise, their number consists of 1,000 active personnel and 700 auxiliaries.
Army Weakness : As stated before, the army is limited to the use of spears, shields, swords, and bows. Because of this, they're vulnerable against armies of superior technology.
Naval Description : The Ha Emirate has no navy as of late. However, a possible coastal invasion against the colonizers is yet to be determined, but they still consider it part of the Ha Emirate's claim.
Naval Weakness : As stated before, the Ha Emirate has no navy as of late.
Further Military Description : N/A

National Goals : To carry on the tradition of Ha culture and embrace Islam; to defends its nation against colonialism; to have a powerful army, improve one's economy, and access better technology.
National Issues : To manage Bantu tribes vying for freedom and assimilate into Ha culture; to deal with the presence of colonizers gaining control of their claim; to deal with the curtailment of trade and revenue.
National Figures of Interest : N/A
National Ambition/Aspirations : N/A

History :

c. 1449 CE: The Ha people, a Bantu ethnic group found in Kigoma Region in northwestern Tanzania bordering Lake Tanganyika, conquered several nearby Bantu tribes. Afterward, Buha was formed, and a chieftain led it but also functioned as an elective monarchy. However, the conquered Bantu peoples weren't assimilated into Ha culture before then.

1503 CE: Traveling Muslim scholars and merchants arrived at Buha, introducing Islam and horses to them. Technology was introduced by traveling Muslims and, in the case of iron working but not to a greater extent. And finally, Arabic became standard there. However, due to Buha's poor environmental condition, they left the nation afterward. This leaves Buha being isolated again.

1600 CE: The capital city of Alim was established, and it became the largest city ever. Oddly enough, it's a city of huts.

1777 CE: A famine and epidemic occurred throughout Buha, leaving hundreds dead. The famine and epidemic only lasted for two months. However, it also marks the beginning of Buha's eventual decline.

1790 CE: A successful coup attempt occurred in Buha led by Moussa Suluhu, a 30-year-old military commander loyal to the chieftain. The cause of the coup was Adnan's intention to form an efficient government without boundaries, and he wants to correct that. The then chieftain was executed upon Adnan's order, and the Ha Emirate was officially established. Adnan became the first emir of the Ha Emirate, and the Suluhu dynasty exists. It was no longer an elective monarchy and instead became an absolute monarchy.

1831 CE: Emir Moussa died at the age of 71 from food poisoning and was succeeded by his cousin, Guda, aged 19 at the time. Emir Moussa had no children at the time of his death.

1863-1905 CE: The presence of foreigners (or colonizers) has become apparent for the Ha government as they consider them a threat to their territory. However, Emir Guda established friendly diplomatic relations with the Mughal Empire since they're also a Muslim nation. Something he had in mind in terms of forming a possible military alliance with them in the future. On the other hand, Albion and Egypt weren't as friendly as Emir Guda would view them. The Ha Emirate's relationship with three foreign nations continued to the present day.

1897-1905 CE: In 1897, Emir Guda died at the age of 85 from natural causes and was succeeded by his grandson, Adnan II, aged 17 at the time. Emir Guda reigned for 66 years, making him the longest-reigning monarch in the nation's history. Emir Moussa II continued his grandfather's legacy, marking the Ha Emirate's current state.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=490228&p=37775475#p37775475

#AltDiv (Do not delete this, it is used to keep track of the apps)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse