NATION

PASSWORD

Home of The Brave: An 1960's Political RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:38 pm

Cedar Grove, Mississippi
August 4th, 1959

An ancient looking creature blinked up at the skies outside of the two story-rich in culture but poor in overall planning and workmanship shack that creaked when he laid his arm beside the structure. He had built the home here with his own two hands and with the generosity of his neighbors. He again squinted at the dry, southern air and skies that filled his vision before fiddling with a lock on the cellar.

Struggling for a solid few minutes outside with the mechanical dragon that was his security system, he beamed with a triumphant war cry of "ah-hwa-haw" as he metallic beast was slain and he stood triumphant over the lock under the elder's foot. Swinging open the cellar doors the natural light was shone on in as he looked at the miles of alcohol that was in his basement. The old man cackled as he took a few steps to glance out at an acceptable 'pre celebration' bottle. He had the run of the mill green bottles of champagne, red bottles of whiskey and tinted metallic buckets filled to the brim with rum imported off of the coast of Mississippi from his brief-time as a rum-runner during prohibition. He fondly remembered the rumbuxious all white's parties he had at his church, and how he could simply stuff the pockets of the local law men that tried to have a peek at his liquor supply. Now that Prohibition was long, long over, he admired his handiwork and volume of liquor in his possetion.

He knew he couldn't drink all of it, but it would be enough to get him through his regular grind of Senatorial bullshit. Eyeing the perfect crimson red bottle of whiskey and a black one that held the bourbons of Kentucky like the mana from heaven that the good old book blabbed on and on about, he gingerly cradled both in his arms like new born grandsons and hummed to himself as he entered the kitchen where his wife was cutting onions.

"Oh, y'all gots some Whiskey n' Bourbon Joshie,? Who'd ya piss off this time?"

"Hush, Val. It's a cel-lee-bration."

"Celebration? Well what are we-a celebratin' Joshua?"

"Uh, I'm not sure, but it's a beautiful day outside and I'm content to spend it indoors with you with the shades drawn back." Sharp muttered behind her back as she reached into the cabinet to reveal two shot glasses. With a smile on the old senator's face, he watched as his wife did was she was best at, which was staying the kitchen and being seen but not heard, like all women ought to do in Sharp's opinion.

"A toast, to Val, the kindest wimmen I have known t' love inna my life, which is good, because she's the only woman I've known t' love inna my life. Cheers!"

"To Joshua, one of the most friendly and dare I say it, handsomest man in all o' Cedar Grove and Mississippi. Cheers!"

Their glasses both chinked nicely as both quickly downed their daily recommended dosages of the sin juice that his church taught them both about.

"Y'know Val, this is nice. It's the nicest inna long while. I know I've gotta pree-pare the Harvest and chat wit me staff n' what have all y'all, but just for a moment. It's nice.." Sharp trailed off, looking out at the sprouting cotton and wheat fields that he proudly grew outside the window. With that, Senator Sharp looked in her eyes and wondered.
"Do-"

His sentence was interrupted by a flurry of knocks at the door. If Sharp had any luck it was the Klan mobilizing a lynching for his ass. When he opened the door, war rifle in hand he took notice of his campaign manager Trevor Wilson Chamberlain and a few associates of the Sharp Senatorial re-election campaign looking out there.

"Trevar?" He quickly shooed them into his house and shut the door, locking it behind as the party of Mississippians helped themselves to Velma's fine cooking and got comfortable around an armband of possible campaign materials, catchy slogans, buttons, flyers and even a marble bust of Jefferson Davis on one side and Sharp on the other.

The First thing that caught Sharp's attention was the Senate poll that was recently published.
"I am behind, but look... UP ONE! Hot damn, we're catchin' up fast on that som-bitch, uh, Dunderhead. I'm..I'm so happy right now." Sharp began to shed tears of joy. He was doing thing right in his life. He may have still been behind, but it was far better than even most on his campaign staff had dreaded until the AP poll dropped in the morning paper. They were seriously wondering if they needed to find new jobs. Still, being an incumbent at this rate was still a very dangerous sign to Sharp holding onto his own seat.

"Senator." Began Thatcher bluntly. "Y'all need to git on out there n' have those poor fellers back you. Share your story, go inna dee-tail 'bout yer war glories n' shit like that n' drive a steak through Davis's heart."

"I didn't know Davis resigned the Presidency to go commit political suicide inna M'ssiippii? I know he sleeps with men but goddamn!"

"No, be a political hatchet against him. You've worked hard for Mississippi. You haven't quit on us, and I'm not going to quit on you. (at least not until your checks bounce)" Thatcher muttered the last part under his breath so the seventy year old senator sharp couldn't hear it before continuing to talk strategy.

"So, I know you've got the support of the farmers. And your neighbors. I had a nice lil' chat wit all o' 'em and they say you've done incredibly well for them in the Senate. They don't have much nasty to say bout your ass anyhow. We need to convert everyone into Mississippi into yer neighbor. Y'all need to emphasize everything you've done for Mississippi over the years. You don't do nothin' Sharp. You're in your words, Stingin' Sharp."

Velma poured the men some lemonade and Thatcher gestured appreciatively at the senator's wife, who smiled back with politness.

"Much obliged Val." Sharp began in response, toothily grinning at the woman he married before turning his attention back to politics.
"Now, What I need to do is dredge up the past. Talk about every single vote I've done and explain my position on them. At least the major votes that people heard about. Tell 'em why you voted no or yes or didn't vote at all."

Sharp baulcked at the idea for a moment before shrugging. "You're an idiot. That's why you're my campaign manager. I'll state my position on the major bills, not everyone. No-one gives a damn about my vote on some watering hole in Arkansas or the tariffs between states n' arbitratin' lil' ol' disputes 'tween fuedin' families. Oh, and I'll take questions at the-end."

Thatcher's face lit up with alarm. 'this man is going to shoot himself in the foot again' He thought before interjecting forcefully in the conversation. "With all due respect, Senator, that course of action is ill-advised. Y'all best 'member what happened when you looked like an ass on Vietnam. Now with that recent bombin' n' maimin' of american forces out there, it's a weak spot fer you. If yer gonna take questions, let us rifle through some easy ones fer ya, softballies if y'alled mind the term."

"No, I don't wanna seem like I is a coached like some negro bastard. I ain't a damned whip riddled negro that just says what thems fellers wanna hears. I wanna be surprised by thems questions. It's like actin' but with real ee-motions attached to 'em."

Thatcher was equally blunt to the old politician. "Senator, you're going to kick your own ass by goin' off onna tirade against one o' 'em. You're goin' t' lose this race if y'all don't let us rig it for you."

"No, I am goin' t' win my Senate race against this here...Dunderhead mcgee. I'll win it fair n' square. Don't y'all dare rig no ballot boxes. I was with Boone the other night and he's promised us the big guns. We're atta truce right now and dare I say, a detente inna relations with the Majority Whip. We oughta take full advantage o' this here situation."

Thatcher sat up, looking a little surprised.
"My God Joshua, you've grown smarter for once. Alright then, I'll git in touch wit members of the Sheep Breeders Association of Mississippi. Those fellers slobber all o'er you. I'd advise some pepper spray or a good hearty pistol myself. But we're also going to git some fellers that don't even know who y'all are. Those are undecided felleers. Y'all need t' do two fold-"

"I know. I need to hold onto the sheep fuckin' racists n' the indy-pendents. I've seen mien kampf! I know how this ends."

The Staff looked a little shocked as one aide whispered to one another "Does he know mien kampf is a book right, and it's in german?"
"Maybe he's smart enough to read german, hell if I know. I was amazed he could put together a coherent sentence!" With that, Sharp's campaign managers and associates left his Plantation home and drove off to get everything ready for tonight's speech.

--
Cedar Grove
8:00 PM

The night sky was beautiful tonight. While Sharp had initially wanted the speech to take place in the mid-afternoon, his campaign advisers instead urged him to hold the rally at night. In order to lure not just the political die-hards of the Mississippi Sheep Breeders Association, there would be food there. Lots of food. Sharp was still a cheapskate, so he delegated the task to his wife in preparing all sorts of meals. She, in turn got the help of all the neighborhood wives in the monumental task of creating a feast for a potential horde or army of people. A massive banner was strewn across the side of the Sharp's humble aboade that read: SENATOR SHARP WELCOMES MEMBERS OF THE MSBA AND NEIGHBORS

Indeed, the smell of brisket cooking from Sharp's outdoor grill was almost enough to make those guests hungry enough almost storm the castle and ransack through his stuff for the good food. Sharp was thankful that a little more restraint was shown, and he had the help of the local police to ensure his house wasn't ransacked by a hungry mob. He was a sitting U.S Senator after all, and had a light security detail attached.

The round portfolio that would easily have been mistaken for one of the roasting pigs on the table of Trevor Wilson Chamberlain came up onto Sharp's back porch where the rally was being held.

"How's the food? Good? It better be good for the eleven cents per person we're chargin'. Why'd we put it at eleven n' not eighteen? Because we're decent folks that don't wanna see y'all pay too much fer yer coke n' yer drinky drink. Oh, and Sharp's gonna sell stocks o' his fine liquor. Ten bucks a case to raise money for Sharp's own charitable association. It's called the Joshua Sharp Foundation for giving this old bastard cash. Very noble indeed, eh? We're giving nintey percent of the proceeds to our bottom line. Ok, I jest of course. It's goin' to hep out Mississippi's oldest natural resource.

The Senator himself! nine o' yer pennies is a flowin' t' sharp's campaign, one penny's goin' inna my pocket fer organizin' this shit, n' the other one's coverin' all this food we bought. That's enough stallin' onna my end. I'll give y'all the man y'alved been a h'watin' fer. In this corner, weighin in at over one hundred and somethin' pounds, standin' straight up six feet, hunched o'er five foot 'leven, He's the Savior of the White Race, it's practical progenitor and the master of the whip! I give all y'all THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE CRAZY, who the hell wrote this shit? JOSHUA NORTON SHARP!"

The crowd erupted in a mixture of crazy cheers for the seventy three year old who now appeared from behind the red curtain set up to polite apathetic clapping from the more subdued undecided voters that had shown up too.

"A Hot damn thank you to Trevar and a big, Mississippi welcome to my best friends and family in Mississippi Sheep Breeder's Association! Oh, and thank you undecideds to show on up here too. If I don't change yer minds onna issues, keep this in mind, y'all got some of the best BBQ this side of Mississippi! Now, I know I have been on the campaign trail many a time in my life. I've got this good, good thing to say about the other senator from Mississippi. I thank Turner. Frank was a good fellow at some point. He helped me out inna my Senate Seat when most of you decided to take a chance on this ol' farmer turned soldier turned lawyer turned representative turned private citizen. That's the quickest way o' describin' my life without borin' all y'all.

However, that's about the last good thing y'all will hear from me onna my lips about the other senator from Mississippi. He loathes me. I'm not quite sure why. I'm a great ol' farmer to be around on many a time. Lots of y'alls loves my ass, and I reciprocate that there love by invitin' sheep breedin' lobbyists inna my office every time. Oh, and the average joe too. I do not shy away from a client, be they black or white or gay or straight or homeless. My gaurd gives 'em the pat down lest it's a shootin' kind of disgruntlement with my work as a Senator, that's for damn sure! I have always been attentive to the issues and concerns that the people of my state bring to my office. I represent you fellers inna the Senate for eleven long years now. My senate doors are never closed to anyone, no matter how crazy you are. So long as it ain't no ass-ass anation 'tempt onna my life!

I send all y'all pamphlets and letters that explain my actions for the votes I take and ask that you support my senate bids. Gotta make use of that franking privlledge now, y'hear? Free postage to my constituents is free postage, and I don'ts gots t' pays fer nunnavits. It's great. In these pamphlets I make sure to explain the reason why I voted against a bill. Take this pamphlet which I posted right after sayin' nay to D.C Statehood. I quote:

'I am well aware of the controversy that my decision has recently come under with respect to the question of Statehood for D.C. But I will make sure you are all aware of my objections to it. I objected to the statehood of our nation's capital not because I hate democracy but because I love liberty. It's the liberty of movement. If they want to have a fourty-five minute commute to Virginia or Maryland, that is their god-given right to do so. It is the Liberty of sayin if I wanna be taxed with representation, I will make the choice to move to a neighboring state'.

I explained my position of the bill clearly. That's what normal fellers like Turner do when they git in some hot shit fer fuckin' o'er the poor Americans. I shall also make evident my more recent votes in the Senate. I voted against my good, good friend Earl's unfortunately thought out wealth tax because it would have harmed not the richest of Mississippians, but the poorest too. It would harm everyone in Mississippi. However, I have his word that he'll work on it to be less of a burden on the state government. For that I'm real glad of Warl. I mean Earl, my head slipped fer a moment.

My political actions while in office are designed to help out Mississippi and her people. Hell, that's why all y'all voted my ass inna office too, A total of six time! Four in the House where I hepped out fellers like yerselves in the cotton bizness. I took an axe to that damn New Deal Cripple that's for damn sure. I followed him everywhere, hell I coulda been the man who shot FDR! Oh, FDR wasn't shot? He died from the flu n' bein' ol' n' shit like that? Oh. I coulda been the man who cursed FDR to have polio.

There have been many times I have been wrong about what your needs are, unfortunately. I am only human, of course, so this old dinosaur is makin' it's mistakes. I do what I do in this office not on behalf of rich billionaires who I like to send pamphlets to, It's about all y'all. It's about ol' Miss. I'm here to state clearly and obviously that I am here for Mississippi. If anyone has any questions about my integrity, the presidential race which I am currently a little behind in, or if y'all have some comments, even if it's a stupid question, I will answer it. My advisors said that I needed to be coached on questions. I say that's bullshit. What Senator or even politician would I be if I was a phony in the terms of political experience? Ask away I say!"

" Dumbass, you'd be A good politician.." Trevor Wilson Chamberlain bitterly muttered under his breath as he tried to organize the flurry of hands that rose following the Senator's speech.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
(Image)
Cedar Grove, Mississippi
August 4th, 1959

An ancient looking creature blinked up at the skies outside of the two story-rich in culture but poor in overall planning and workmanship shack that creaked when he laid his arm beside the structure. He had built the home here with his own two hands and with the generosity of his neighbors. He again squinted at the dry, southern air and skies that filled his vision before fiddling with a lock on the cellar.

Struggling for a solid few minutes outside with the mechanical dragon that was his security system, he beamed with a triumphant war cry of "ah-hwa-haw" as he metallic beast was slain and he stood triumphant over the lock under the elder's foot. Swinging open the cellar doors the natural light was shone on in as he looked at the miles of alcohol that was in his basement. The old man cackled as he took a few steps to glance out at an acceptable 'pre celebration' bottle. He had the run of the mill green bottles of champagne, red bottles of whiskey and tinted metallic buckets filled to the brim with rum imported off of the coast of Mississippi from his brief-time as a rum-runner during prohibition. He fondly remembered the rumbuxious all white's parties he had at his church, and how he could simply stuff the pockets of the local law men that tried to have a peek at his liquor supply. Now that Prohibition was long, long over, he admired his handiwork and volume of liquor in his possetion.

He knew he couldn't drink all of it, but it would be enough to get him through his regular grind of Senatorial bullshit. Eyeing the perfect crimson red bottle of whiskey and a black one that held the bourbons of Kentucky like the mana from heaven that the good old book blabbed on and on about, he gingerly cradled both in his arms like new born grandsons and hummed to himself as he entered the kitchen where his wife was cutting onions.

"Oh, y'all gots some Whiskey n' Bourbon Joshie,? Who'd ya piss off this time?"

"Hush, Val. It's a cel-lee-bration."

"Celebration? Well what are we-a celebratin' Joshua?"

"Uh, I'm not sure, but it's a beautiful day outside and I'm content to spend it indoors with you with the shades drawn back." Sharp muttered behind her back as she reached into the cabinet to reveal two shot glasses. With a smile on the old senator's face, he watched as his wife did was she was best at, which was staying the kitchen and being seen but not heard, like all women ought to do in Sharp's opinion.

"A toast, to Val, the kindest wimmen I have known t' love inna my life, which is good, because she's the only woman I've known t' love inna my life. Cheers!"

"To Joshua, one of the most friendly and dare I say it, handsomest man in all o' Cedar Grove and Mississippi. Cheers!"

Their glasses both chinked nicely as both quickly downed their daily recommended dosages of the sin juice that his church taught them both about.

"Y'know Val, this is nice. It's the nicest inna long while. I know I've gotta pree-pare the Harvest and chat wit me staff n' what have all y'all, but just for a moment. It's nice.." Sharp trailed off, looking out at the sprouting cotton and wheat fields that he proudly grew outside the window. With that, Senator Sharp looked in her eyes and wondered.
"Do-"

His sentence was interrupted by a flurry of knocks at the door. If Sharp had any luck it was the Klan mobilizing a lynching for his ass. When he opened the door, war rifle in hand he took notice of his campaign manager Trevor Wilson Chamberlain and a few associates of the Sharp Senatorial re-election campaign looking out there.

"Trevar?" He quickly shooed them into his house and shut the door, locking it behind as the party of Mississippians helped themselves to Velma's fine cooking and got comfortable around an armband of possible campaign materials, catchy slogans, buttons, flyers and even a marble bust of Jefferson Davis on one side and Sharp on the other.

The First thing that caught Sharp's attention was the Senate poll that was recently published.
"I am behind, but look... UP ONE! Hot damn, we're catchin' up fast on that som-bitch, uh, Dunderhead. I'm..I'm so happy right now." Sharp began to shed tears of joy. He was doing thing right in his life. He may have still been behind, but it was far better than even most on his campaign staff had dreaded until the AP poll dropped in the morning paper. They were seriously wondering if they needed to find new jobs. Still, being an incumbent at this rate was still a very dangerous sign to Sharp holding onto his own seat.

"Senator." Began Thatcher bluntly. "Y'all need to git on out there n' have those poor fellers back you. Share your story, go inna dee-tail 'bout yer war glories n' shit like that n' drive a steak through Davis's heart."

"I didn't know Davis resigned the Presidency to go commit political suicide inna M'ssiippii? I know he sleeps with men but goddamn!"

"No, be a political hatchet against him. You've worked hard for Mississippi. You haven't quit on us, and I'm not going to quit on you. (at least not until your checks bounce)" Thatcher muttered the last part under his breath so the seventy year old senator sharp couldn't hear it before continuing to talk strategy.

"So, I know you've got the support of the farmers. And your neighbors. I had a nice lil' chat wit all o' 'em and they say you've done incredibly well for them in the Senate. They don't have much nasty to say bout your ass anyhow. We need to convert everyone into Mississippi into yer neighbor. Y'all need to emphasize everything you've done for Mississippi over the years. You don't do nothin' Sharp. You're in your words, Stingin' Sharp."

Velma poured the men some lemonade and Thatcher gestured appreciatively at the senator's wife, who smiled back with politness.

"Much obliged Val." Sharp began in response, toothily grinning at the woman he married before turning his attention back to politics.
"Now, What I need to do is dredge up the past. Talk about every single vote I've done and explain my position on them. At least the major votes that people heard about. Tell 'em why you voted no or yes or didn't vote at all."

Sharp baulcked at the idea for a moment before shrugging. "You're an idiot. That's why you're my campaign manager. I'll state my position on the major bills, not everyone. No-one gives a damn about my vote on some watering hole in Arkansas or the tariffs between states n' arbitratin' lil' ol' disputes 'tween fuedin' families. Oh, and I'll take questions at the-end."

Thatcher's face lit up with alarm. 'this man is going to shoot himself in the foot again' He thought before interjecting forcefully in the conversation. "With all due respect, Senator, that course of action is ill-advised. Y'all best 'member what happened when you looked like an ass on Vietnam. Now with that recent bombin' n' maimin' of american forces out there, it's a weak spot fer you. If yer gonna take questions, let us rifle through some easy ones fer ya, softballies if y'alled mind the term."

"No, I don't wanna seem like I is a coached like some negro bastard. I ain't a damned whip riddled negro that just says what thems fellers wanna hears. I wanna be surprised by thems questions. It's like actin' but with real ee-motions attached to 'em."

Thatcher was equally blunt to the old politician. "Senator, you're going to kick your own ass by goin' off onna tirade against one o' 'em. You're goin' t' lose this race if y'all don't let us rig it for you."

"No, I am goin' t' win my Senate race against this here...Dunderhead mcgee. I'll win it fair n' square. Don't y'all dare rig no ballot boxes. I was with Boone the other night and he's promised us the big guns. We're atta truce right now and dare I say, a detente inna relations with the Majority Whip. We oughta take full advantage o' this here situation."

Thatcher sat up, looking a little surprised.
"My God Joshua, you've grown smarter for once. Alright then, I'll git in touch wit members of the Sheep Breeders Association of Mississippi. Those fellers slobber all o'er you. I'd advise some pepper spray or a good hearty pistol myself. But we're also going to git some fellers that don't even know who y'all are. Those are undecided felleers. Y'all need t' do two fold-"

"I know. I need to hold onto the sheep fuckin' racists n' the indy-pendents. I've seen mien kampf! I know how this ends."

The Staff looked a little shocked as one aide whispered to one another "Does he know mien kampf is a book right, and it's in german?"
"Maybe he's smart enough to read german, hell if I know. I was amazed he could put together a coherent sentence!" With that, Sharp's campaign managers and associates left his Plantation home and drove off to get everything ready for tonight's speech.

--
Cedar Grove
8:00 PM

The night sky was beautiful tonight. While Sharp had initially wanted the speech to take place in the mid-afternoon, his campaign advisers instead urged him to hold the rally at night. In order to lure not just the political die-hards of the Mississippi Sheep Breeders Association, there would be food there. Lots of food. Sharp was still a cheapskate, so he delegated the task to his wife in preparing all sorts of meals. She, in turn got the help of all the neighborhood wives in the monumental task of creating a feast for a potential horde or army of people. A massive banner was strewn across the side of the Sharp's humble aboade that read: SENATOR SHARP WELCOMES MEMBERS OF THE MSBA AND NEIGHBORS

Indeed, the smell of brisket cooking from Sharp's outdoor grill was almost enough to make those guests hungry enough almost storm the castle and ransack through his stuff for the good food. Sharp was thankful that a little more restraint was shown, and he had the help of the local police to ensure his house wasn't ransacked by a hungry mob. He was a sitting U.S Senator after all, and had a light security detail attached.

The round portfolio that would easily have been mistaken for one of the roasting pigs on the table of Trevor Wilson Chamberlain came up onto Sharp's back porch where the rally was being held.

"How's the food? Good? It better be good for the eleven cents per person we're chargin'. Why'd we put it at eleven n' not eighteen? Because we're decent folks that don't wanna see y'all pay too much fer yer coke n' yer drinky drink. Oh, and Sharp's gonna sell stocks o' his fine liquor. Ten bucks a case to raise money for Sharp's own charitable association. It's called the Joshua Sharp Foundation for giving this old bastard cash. Very noble indeed, eh? We're giving nintey percent of the proceeds to our bottom line. Ok, I jest of course. It's goin' to hep out Mississippi's oldest natural resource.

The Senator himself! nine o' yer pennies is a flowin' t' sharp's campaign, one penny's goin' inna my pocket fer organizin' this shit, n' the other one's coverin' all this food we bought. That's enough stallin' onna my end. I'll give y'all the man y'alved been a h'watin' fer. In this corner, weighin in at over one hundred and somethin' pounds, standin' straight up six feet, hunched o'er five foot 'leven, He's the Savior of the White Race, it's practical progenitor and the master of the whip! I give all y'all THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE CRAZY, who the hell wrote this shit? JOSHUA NORTON SHARP!"

The crowd erupted in a mixture of crazy cheers for the seventy three year old who now appeared from behind the red curtain set up to polite apathetic clapping from the more subdued undecided voters that had shown up too.

"A Hot damn thank you to Trevar and a big, Mississippi welcome to my best friends and family in Mississippi Sheep Breeder's Association! Oh, and thank you undecideds to show on up here too. If I don't change yer minds onna issues, keep this in mind, y'all got some of the best BBQ this side of Mississippi! Now, I know I have been on the campaign trail many a time in my life. I've got this good, good thing to say about the other senator from Mississippi. I thank Turner. Frank was a good fellow at some point. He helped me out inna my Senate Seat when most of you decided to take a chance on this ol' farmer turned soldier turned lawyer turned representative turned private citizen. That's the quickest way o' describin' my life without borin' all y'all.

However, that's about the last good thing y'all will hear from me onna my lips about the other senator from Mississippi. He loathes me. I'm not quite sure why. I'm a great ol' farmer to be around on many a time. Lots of y'alls loves my ass, and I reciprocate that there love by invitin' sheep breedin' lobbyists inna my office every time. Oh, and the average joe too. I do not shy away from a client, be they black or white or gay or straight or homeless. My gaurd gives 'em the pat down lest it's a shootin' kind of disgruntlement with my work as a Senator, that's for damn sure! I have always been attentive to the issues and concerns that the people of my state bring to my office. I represent you fellers inna the Senate for eleven long years now. My senate doors are never closed to anyone, no matter how crazy you are. So long as it ain't no ass-ass anation 'tempt onna my life!

I send all y'all pamphlets and letters that explain my actions for the votes I take and ask that you support my senate bids. Gotta make use of that franking privlledge now, y'hear? Free postage to my constituents is free postage, and I don'ts gots t' pays fer nunnavits. It's great. In these pamphlets I make sure to explain the reason why I voted against a bill. Take this pamphlet which I posted right after sayin' nay to D.C Statehood. I quote:

'I am well aware of the controversy that my decision has recently come under with respect to the question of Statehood for D.C. But I will make sure you are all aware of my objections to it. I objected to the statehood of our nation's capital not because I hate democracy but because I love liberty. It's the liberty of movement. If they want to have a fourty-five minute commute to Virginia or Maryland, that is their god-given right to do so. It is the Liberty of sayin if I wanna be taxed with representation, I will make the choice to move to a neighboring state'.

I explained my position of the bill clearly. That's what normal fellers like Turner do when they git in some hot shit fer fuckin' o'er the poor Americans. I shall also make evident my more recent votes in the Senate. I voted against my good, good friend Earl's unfortunately thought out wealth tax because it would have harmed not the richest of Mississippians, but the poorest too. It would harm everyone in Mississippi. However, I have his word that he'll work on it to be less of a burden on the state government. For that I'm real glad of Warl. I mean Earl, my head slipped fer a moment.

My political actions while in office are designed to help out Mississippi and her people. Hell, that's why all y'all voted my ass inna office too, A total of six time! Four in the House where I hepped out fellers like yerselves in the cotton bizness. I took an axe to that damn New Deal Cripple that's for damn sure. I followed him everywhere, hell I coulda been the man who shot FDR! Oh, FDR wasn't shot? He died from the flu n' bein' ol' n' shit like that? Oh. I coulda been the man who cursed FDR to have polio.

There have been many times I have been wrong about what your needs are, unfortunately. I am only human, of course, so this old dinosaur is makin' it's mistakes. I do what I do in this office not on behalf of rich billionaires who I like to send pamphlets to, It's about all y'all. It's about ol' Miss. I'm here to state clearly and obviously that I am here for Mississippi. If anyone has any questions about my integrity, the presidential race which I am currently a little behind in, or if y'all have some comments, even if it's a stupid question, I will answer it. My advisors said that I needed to be coached on questions. I say that's bullshit. What Senator or even politician would I be if I was a phony in the terms of political experience? Ask away I say!"

" Dumbass, you'd be A good politician.." Trevor Wilson Chamberlain bitterly muttered under his breath as he tried to organize the flurry of hands that rose following the Senator's speech.

"Do you have any plans to end your Presidential Campaign to focus on your senate campaign? Focus on helping Mississippians directly, and keeping your local southern charm for us and us alone?" asked a teenage girl, who smiled brightly and twinkled her eyes at the old senator.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:51 pm

Senator Sharp shared a smile at the teenage girl before begining a response.
"Darling, I have given that a lot of thought. Believe you me, I have thought about its. I know I have the right ideas in Mississippi. But unfortunately, the Yoo Knighted States of America ain't like M'ssisippii. It's big, it's diverse n' it's a complicated. I know I'm low inna the polls right now, but I am convinced I can not only balance my time between Cedar Grove and heppin' our glorious state, but also managin' the talkin heads onna the Hill inna Washin-tin, while also spreadin the ideas o' low taxes n' more state's rights to a wider audience.

Though I will state this. If I end up defeated in the Presidential primaries come the time o' the DNC, I will fold up. Or even sooner when it looks like I just got one singular supporter outsida m'ssiippi that's givin me his or her pocket change inna donations. I will not state whom I would possibly endorse when the time comes, but I will state that the Majority Whip and I see eye to eye on things other than just drinkin' whiskey in our senate offices!"
Sharp chuckled at the last part as he felt for once he gave a concise and reasonable response. It almost felt un-natural for the bumbling idiot to say anything that made sense. But weirder things happen in politics.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:53 pm

San Francisco, California
3rd August, 1959

"My fellow Americans! We face an existential danger. The Soviet Empire is challenging us on every front. Their end goal is world domination and the establishment of Communist dominance. If the Soviets succeed in their struggle, it will be the end of Western civilization as we know it. Freedom, individualism, democracy, human rights would be no more. They would be replaced by despotism, subservience, tyranny. Every man and woman will be slave, a cog in the socialist machinery. This struggle between America and the Soviets is not a struggle between two Great Powers, as past international competitions were. It is rather a civilizational struggle. A clash of civilizations. On the one hand you've got liberty, on the other despotism. Freedom and tyranny. Citizens and slaves. God and Atheism. Light and Darkness. Good and Evil. We are the force of Light and Good, Soviets are the force Darkness and Evil. For the shake of the entire world, we must prevail!"

"In order to prevail in this monumental struggle, we need strong, competent leadership. I believe I can offer that leadership. As Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers in the Pacific, I collaborated with our most important allies to defeat for the first time in over two thousand years of history Imperial Japan. I believe this proves both my grasp of military strategy and my ability to cooperate with our Allies to further America's key objectives. As Leader of the Occupation of Japan, I modernized and liberalized a defeated, feudalistic society. As Commander-in-Chief of the UN Command in Korea I beat back the Communist hordes and pushed them back North."

"We cannot risk a President who has little or no experience of warfare when we are facing a war in Vietnam and the Soviets are challenging us on every front. We cannot risk weak leadership when the Communists are on the march. We need a President who understands what it takes to win the war in Vietnam and bring back our boys home, safe and victorious. We need a President who knows how to assemble a multinational coalition to check Soviet expansionism. We need a President who will not falter under tension."

"My military experience in the battlefields of Asia means I know what needs to be done to win the war in Vietnam. Instead of leaving, as the appeasers on the left want, or fighting an endless guerilla war in the jungles with no end in sight as the establishment wants, I will be commencing an offensive to end the war for good. I will be approving a surge of troops and an offensive to take the North and unify Vietnam under a democratic, pro-Western government. I will avenge our boys who died in Saigon!"

"A Vietnam unified under a pro-Western administration along with Nationalist China, South Korea and Japan will act as a shield against the expansionism of Red China and the Soviets in Asia. I will also counter the thread of Cuba. We cannot allow a communist regime in our doorstep. As President, I will give the Cuban government an ultimatum; denounce the Soviets - in which I case I shall offer them the friendship of America and even financial assistance - or we will topple their regime and install a government that will denounce the Soviets."

"But that is not enough. In order to defang the Soviet menace, we need a global Block of Freedom. In my years as Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers in the Pacific, I proved I could assemble and lead a multinational coalition. As President, I will increase financial assistance to our allies in order to promote economic growth. This assistance, however, will be tied to market reforms and measures against corruption to ensure that the money of the American taxpayers are respected. This increased economic aid in the long term shall reduce the cost to the American taxpayers, as our allies will have larger economies and will be able to take on a greater cost of their defense which is currently shouldered by America. It will also drive global economic growth and offer new opportunities to American corporations. "

"I shall also increase military assistance to our allies in the form of military equipment manufactured here, in the United States, by American workers! Aside from offering our allies the military edge over the Soviet block and the ability to defend themselves, this will create thousands of new well-paying jobs for the American people with generous benefits. It will revitalize our industrial communities, and the money will trickle down to the local economy and boost economic growth."

"In order to confront the Soviet menace, having a comprehensive grand strategy is not enough. We also need national unity. If we are fighting amongst ourselves and are divided, if we are rioting and killing each other, then the Soviets will win without having fired a single shot. We cannot allow extremists and opportunists to divide this great nation and weaken us before the Red menace. Let me tell you a story I head in Japan about a medieval Mongol warlord named Genghis Khan, which explains why unity is so important. When Genghis Khan was young, he was arguing constantly with his brothers, so his mother called the Khan and his four brothers to her tent. She gave them an arrow each and told them to break it. The brothers broke it with ease. She then gave a bundle of five arrows to each brother, and asked them to break them. Much as they tried, they did not manage to break the arrows. So the mother told them, 'if you are on your own, you will be easily broken like the single arrow. If you are like united like the bundle of arrows, nothing will be able to break you'."

"America needs to be like that bundle of arrows, which could not be broken. Extremists on the right and left threaten this unity. Those on the extreme right want to deny the rights of the colored folk while those on the left want to deny the liberties and freedoms of the South. My proposal is for a bipartisan North-South Congressional Committee to come up with a plan that will address the concerns of both the Southern folk and the Northern folk, the colored people and the white people. A plan that will unite Americans and not divide them."

"We need to understand that our real enemy is not our neighbor, our fellow American, but the Reds in the Kremlin. We need all Americans to get behind the cause of freedom. We need to be unified and face together the Evil Empire!"

"In order to remain ahead of the Soviets and counter their expansionism, we need strong economic growth. If our economic growth is lackluster, we shall fall behind and the Reds will get the upper hand. As Leader of the Allied Occupation of Japan, I have proved that I have what it takes to promote growth and implement reforms. For almost six years I governed a nation of seventy-seven million people. That's a bit below half the American population, and far greater number of people than any American Governor governs. When I arrived in Japan, the country was in ruins and had suffered two atomic bombs. It had backward, feudalistic institutions and was a humiliated, defeated nation. By the time the I ended my tenure, Japan had been transformed into an open, liberal modernized nation with democratic institutions and a growing market economy. Now Japan is a success story and one of our closest allies in Asia. Of course the United States cannot be exactly compared to Japan; America is already a great nation with a growing economy and modernized institutions. But if I could revitalize a humiliated, ruined Japan, imagine what I could do for an America that is already great!"

"In order to grow our economy, we need radical tax cuts that will unleash the productive energies of America. Every person in America will pay less taxes if I become President. By cutting the income tax, we will boost consumption as consumers will have more money to spend. This means that businesses will make a greater profit. This increased consumption, combined with tax cuts for all businesses - both small and big -, means that businesses will have more money to invest into expanding their operations and hiring new workers. This in turn means that more people will be employed and make a decent living, and of course those people will make purchases, which shall further increase the profits of businesses, which in turn will be able to further expand their operations, and so on."

"My vision of the economy is one in which workers and businessmen work together for the advancement of our society. Instead of redistributing misery, we will be creating new wealth."

"But tax cuts are not simply a matter of efficiency and economic growth. They are also a matter of social justice and individual liberty. How is it just for good-for-nothing bureaucrats working on useless departments that benefit no one to earn fat checks paid by the sweat and tears of the hardworking Americans? That is a horrible injustice, and one which I shall put an end to! Instead of taxing our workers and entrepreneurs to pay lazy bureaucrats, I shall cut taxes and allow the American people to keep more of their hard-earned cash."

"Unlike other candidates, I have faith in the American people. I believe that Americans know better how to manage their money than some bureaucrat in DC who knows nothing about them and their lives does. For every American is different, unique; an individual. How can people in DC make decisions about people they know nothing of? How can they know what is best for you, when to them you are just another number? I believe that every American should be able to pursue his or her dreams and desires, to decide by themselves how to spend their own hard-earned dollars. I trust the American people!"

"As President, I shall also put an end to red tape and overregulating. You know who are hurt the most by the existing insane regulations and red tape? Not the big corporations. They can afford the cost of regulations. Rather, it is the mom and pop of the neighborhood shop that bear the burden of red tape, which drives up costs and forces them to raise the price of goods in order to stay in business. This burdens unduly the American worker, who has to pay more for basic products. It also puts the mom and pop store at disadvantage compared to big corporations. Politicians on the left who want more regulations and more red tape in reality want to eradicate small stores and to drive up the prices of goods."

"My administration will repeal those regulations. Look, I am not a radical. I believe that some basic regulations with regards to the rights of workers, the safety of consumers and employees, and the protection of the environment are needed. But there is a great deal of difference between those regulations that are necessary and promote the public good and regulations which do nothing but add up red tape and increase the cost of products. By ending those regulations, we will be providing relief to millions of businesses and everyday products will become cheaper and more accessible."

"We also need a healthcare reform that will balance the need for the welfare of our elderly with prudent management of our economy. I believe we should be offering health insurance to the elderly that they can choose to purchase, instead of it being mandatory as proposed by some on the left. It's a good compromise, I believe."

"A comprehensive Grand Strategy against Communism, a bipartisan committee to restore national unity and market-oriented policies to promote strong economic growth are three of the four pillars of my campaign. The fourth pillar of my campaign is to enforce law and order across the country. We have riots, murders, political violence, drugs. We are losing control of our country. We cannot allow this to go on anymore."

"As President, I shall increase federal aid to state and local law enforcement agencies, to help them hire more officers. I will reform the justice system, in order to see sentences harshened and ensure that criminals stay in jail where they belong! I shall crack down on crime, rioting and disorder! Violent 'activists' who riot, murder and pillage shall be dealt most harshly. I will launch a nation-wide War on Drugs to put an end to the drug epidemic. I shall increase sentences for dealers and users."

"I will reform our education system. We cannot allow our youth to succumb to drugs, anarchy and immoral behavior. We need an educational system that will promote traditional morality, family values, faith in God and patriotism! I will criminalize burning the flag; I will not allow communists to disrespect our veterans and desecrate the symbol of this great nation! I would rather die than see our flag desecrated; for I love this flag, and I love this nation. I love America!"

"I am an outsider. I am not a traditional politician. I am not a careerist. I am not here to serve corrupt interests nor am I interested in playing nice with the corrupt, decadent establishment. I am here to serve you, the American people! I am here to be your champion! Others speak of how they will bootlick the powerful in DC. With me, you will get someone who will actually fight for you in DC! I will be a President by and for the people, rather than by and for the elites!"

"Together we can make American even greater! God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America!!!"
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:" Dumbass, you'd be A good politician.." Trevor Wilson Chamberlain bitterly muttered under his breath as he tried to organize the flurry of hands that rose following the Senator's speech.

A teenage boy raised his hand. "Aren't you a bit too old grandpa? Why don't you retire and make way for younger leaders?"
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:11 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote: There have been many times I have been wrong about what your needs are, unfortunately. I am only human, of course, so this old dinosaur is makin' it's mistakes. I do what I do in this office not on behalf of rich billionaires who I like to send pamphlets to, It's about all y'all. It's about ol' Miss. I'm here to state clearly and obviously that I am here for Mississippi. If anyone has any questions about my integrity, the presidential race which I am currently a little behind in, or if y'all have some comments, even if it's a stupid question, I will answer it. My advisors said that I needed to be coached on questions. I say that's bullshit. What Senator or even politician would I be if I was a phony in the terms of political experience? Ask away I say!"[/i]

A young, blond-haired man stood up from the seats.

"What's the best soup reci- Wait, sorry, wrong room."

He began to walk out. "Hang on, sorry, I can't seem to read today. Damn Martha and her handwriting. Will you support repealing the 13th and 14th Amendments?"
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:13 pm

Davis' Folly II
Washington, D.C

August 4, 1959
8:23 AM

Henry Davis, a military leader, a president, a ring-leader in a string of crimes. Henry had slept very little in recent days, his plans had been quite hectic lately, but no worries. Coffee, Naps, and Medication helped him stay up the long 24 hour days. He had two things to get to immediately,

Telegram to Secretary Claiborne

Call our men in South Vietnam, tell them to be on their worst behavior. If they act up, the South Vietnamese will grow disgruntled, it will help prove they committed the attack if Sens. Turner and War. see South Vietnamese giving the stink eye to our troops.

After sending off the email, he made a call to Senator Frank Turner,

"Francis, might you have a moment to chat?"

Emazia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:16 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Davis' Folly II
Washington, D.C

August 4, 1959

Henry Davis, a military leader, a president, a ring-leader in a string of crimes. Henry had slept very little in recent days, his plans had been quite hectic lately, but no worries. Coffee, Naps, and Medication helped him stay up the long 24 hour days. He had two things to get to immediately,

Call our men in South Vietnam, tell them to be on their worst behavior. If they act up, the South Vietnamese will grow disgruntled, it will help prove they committed the attack if Sens. Turner and War. see South Vietnamese giving the stink eye to our troops.

"I have half a moment, I hope that's satisfactory, Mr. President." He laughed for a second, subsumed in his own dry stick of humour. "Well, I assume this is official business. If you want to discuss anything confidential, I'm afraid you'd have to use the other line. The number for the other line is...Well, I'll telegraph it to you now. I don't like talking on these lines because the commies might hear..."

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:18 pm

"Nonsense! You young whippersnapper. I've been in politics when y'all were suckin' on yer momma tit! Though I am old, I will give y'all that. I'm an experienced grandpa. Mississippi need me in the Senate. I need them, we work on offa each other. I promise all y'all this. 1960 will be my last term. I will retire from the U.S Senate on January 3rd, 1967 or January 3rd, 1961, dependin' on if I win re-election. I welcome younger fellers, I believe that democracy is best served with a mix of old fellers and young fellers. Take Sofia Fraser. Hot woman. Smart woman. Also, a woman. Not that I'd cheat on my wife or anythin', but can y' blame 'em? She's hot." Sharp began to gush.

Sharps eyes then turned to the young blonde man.
"Hmm, Uh... Yes. I would support repealing them. I will try my damndest to git 'em repealed so that y'all can enjoy slave labor. Not git red o' segregation, but intergrate slavery into segregation. Slavetergration! I'll need to trademark that 'fore the bread company gits any 'deas that ain't mine.."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:27 pm

Emazia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:
Davis' Folly II
Washington, D.C

August 4, 1959

"I have half a moment, I hope that's satisfactory, Mr. President." He laughed for a second, subsumed in his own dry stick of humour. "Well, I assume this is official business. If you want to discuss anything confidential, I'm afraid you'd have to use the other line. The number for the other line is...Well, I'll telegraph it to you now. I don't like talking on these lines because the commies might hear..."

"Alright, I'll call you back in a moment." Henry hung up and waited for the telegraph, and when it arrived, he hurriedly dialed the line, "Senator Turner? I hope this is the right number."
Last edited by Louisianan on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emazia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:29 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Emazia wrote:"I have half a moment, I hope that's satisfactory, Mr. President." He laughed for a second, subsumed in his own dry stick of humour. "Well, I assume this is official business. If you want to discuss anything confidential, I'm afraid you'd have to use the other line. The number for the other line is...Well, I'll telegraph it to you now. I don't like talking on these lines because the commies might hear..."

"Alright, I'll call you back in a moment." Henry hung up and waited for the telegraph, and when it arrived, he hurriedly dialed the line, "Senator Turner? I hope this is the right number."

He picked up the confidential line and nodded. "Indeed, it is. From the sounds of it, is this regarding Senator Warzawski's requested visit to South Vietnam? It wasn't my personal initiative, but of course we have some very bright people over here at Foreign Relations, including on your side of the aisle. I do hope you'd let us over there, despite the security situation."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:35 pm

Emazia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Alright, I'll call you back in a moment." Henry hung up and waited for the telegraph, and when it arrived, he hurriedly dialed the line, "Senator Turner? I hope this is the right number."

He picked up the confidential line and nodded. "Indeed, it is. From the sounds of it, is this regarding Senator Warzawski's requested visit to South Vietnam? It wasn't my personal initiative, but of course we have some very bright people over here at Foreign Relations, including on your side of the aisle. I do hope you'd let us over there, despite the security situation."

"Well, yes it does concern that." Henry said with a sigh, "Listen, the security situation in 'Nam is incredibly dangerous. SO dangerous in fact, we may have to get our operatives out of there soon. Listen," Henry bit his lip before continuing, "We're afraid that South Vietnam may have turned on us, and we'd like to push your visit back until we've got everything under control. Maybe an extra week or two added to your three-week deadline. You're the chair of the committee so you have power over these things, and if you scratch my back, I may just be able to scratch yours. Nothing unreasonable of course, and like I said, all I'm asking is that your committee wait until I give authorization and clearance."

Emazia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:42 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Emazia wrote:He picked up the confidential line and nodded. "Indeed, it is. From the sounds of it, is this regarding Senator Warzawski's requested visit to South Vietnam? It wasn't my personal initiative, but of course we have some very bright people over here at Foreign Relations, including on your side of the aisle. I do hope you'd let us over there, despite the security situation."

"Well, yes it does concern that." Henry said with a sigh, "Listen, the security situation in 'Nam is incredibly dangerous. SO dangerous in fact, we may have to get our operatives out of there soon. Listen," Henry bit his lip before continuing, "We're afraid that South Vietnam may have turned on us, and we'd like to push your visit back until we've got everything under control. Maybe an extra week or two added to your three-week deadline. You're the chair of the committee so you have power over these things, and if you scratch my back, I may just be able to scratch yours. Nothing unreasonable of course, and like I said, all I'm asking is that your committee wait until I give authorization and clearance."

He clicked a record button on the telephone as soon as Davis began to speak. "South Vietnam turning on the US? Very well. I am a good, conservative man, so I will grant you your extension."

He then turned off the recorder. "In exchange for a few things. I'm a straightforward businessman. I don't ask questions. First off, I want you to...You won't expect this from me, but first off I want you to do some civil rights stuff down here. Rock up a school or whatever. Provoke some controversy, to help me get the white vote. Secondly, I want you to repeal that Johnson Amendment thing. I hate that man. I think he can go to hell. Damn traitor to the South. Repeal his anti-Church stuff. Also, I want you to pass my fusion voting bill. Maybe package it inside a civil rights bill that the New York bitch likes so much. Those are my three demands. Nothing more. Nothing less."

He hit the recorder again, waiting for Davis to reply.
Last edited by Emazia on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Emazia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Well, yes it does concern that." Henry said with a sigh, "Listen, the security situation in 'Nam is incredibly dangerous. SO dangerous in fact, we may have to get our operatives out of there soon. Listen," Henry bit his lip before continuing, "We're afraid that South Vietnam may have turned on us, and we'd like to push your visit back until we've got everything under control. Maybe an extra week or two added to your three-week deadline. You're the chair of the committee so you have power over these things, and if you scratch my back, I may just be able to scratch yours. Nothing unreasonable of course, and like I said, all I'm asking is that your committee wait until I give authorization and clearance."

He clicked a record button on the telephone as soon as Davis began to speak. "South Vietnam turning on the US? Very well. I am a good, conservative man, so I will grant you your extension."

He then turned off the recorder. "In exchange for a few things. I'm a straightforward businessman. I don't ask questions. First off, I want you to...You won't expect this from me, but first off I want you to do some civil rights stuff down here. Rock up a school or whatever. Provoke some controversy, to help me get the white vote. Secondly, I want you to repeal that Johnson Amendment thing. I hate that man. I think he can go to hell. Damn traitor to the South. Repeal his anti-Church stuff. Also, I want you to pass my fusion voting bill. Maybe package it inside a civil rights bill that the New York bitch likes so much. Those are my three demands. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"I'm glad that you've taken up civil rights, I don't know what I can do. I'll have to talk to Chairman Brown of the NNRC and see what his plans are, maybe I could have Mr. Warszawski erect a statue in Mississippi if you're that into it. Now, the Johnson Amendment, consider it gone. I find it violates the first amendment," Henry chuckled, he was complaining about violations, and yet here he was about to use the Espionage act to send a woman to the stockades,

"Now, Fusion Voting is a fickle subject. (Not) Earl Warren was nominated as Republican, Democratic, and Progressive, (Not) Allan Shivers won the 1952 nominations of both the Democratic and Republican parties in Texas. He literally beat himself for the election. I don't personally like the idea of that, but I'll talk to Sophie Fraser, or whatever her name is. She isn't an unreasonable woman, she could come around. I'm sure she'd be willing to go for all three parts of your gracious requests."

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Davis' Folly II
Washington, D.C

August 4, 1959

Claiborne had had a demanding but less gruelling schedule from the President's he was able to get 3-5 hours of sleep a day and some quick meals. He had been speaking with various officials, informants, and people over the last few hours. Pouring over documents and brainstorming and analyzing the situation. He had just been off the phone with the Ambassador to the Phillippines going through various hypotheticals and trying to gauge the reactions of the world to recent events and how they might react after hypothetical events. That was when he got the telegram from the President, he was confused at first at why he'd send this telegram to him, but he soon was on the phone with some officers he knew telling them to hold off on some disciplinary measures and to not trust and work with the South Vietnamese. He told the same message to the Amassador to South Vietnam and various diplomats there, telling them to be on "high alert." He would have to tell them when questioned that "we have received some troubling evidence that the South Vietnamese may have been behind the attack on Saigon" and that they should be "very suspicious and wary of the South Vietnamese."
Last edited by Hopal on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Hopal wrote:
Deblar wrote:“Well, I’ve been talking to the boys, and girls, mind you, down at the NNRC, been thinking about a series of speeches and whatnot, Y’know, calling for more effective action on civil rights. Was gonna go down the Eastern Seaboard and into the South, starting here in Boston.” James paused for a bit, then resumed. “Perhaps you could join me on the first couple of ones we’re planning.”

"Sure, I'd be glad to join you, though depending on when you're planning these early rallies I might not be able to join. With work in D.C. and whatnot, but I'll join you for any rallies near Washington. And I could lend some people who have been working on and organizing my tour of New England to help out with organization and planning. Though I must ask isn't it a bit unsafe to down south with cause? You do remember what happened in New Orleans, don't you?"

“Oh, how could I forget? I’m well aware the South is hostile territory. Though, sometimes, going into hostile territory just may be the best thing to do. Just look at D-Day! Of course, we’re gonna be careful and make sure myself or others joining me aren’t hurt or anything, so for our events in the South, we’re just gonna show up, say what we gotta say, then leave for the next place. Louisiana will be avoided, for obvious reasons, as well as Mississippi and Alabama.”

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:
Deblar wrote:“Of course, of course. Come on in,” James said, leading Fraser inside. He led him to the living room, where James sat on the couch. On the opposite side of the coffee table was a chair, placed for Fraser.

“Have a seat. As you said, there’s business to get to.”

Tom Fraser followed Brown Jr. to his living room, sitting down on the chair that was set out for him.

"Well then, let's get directly to business. As you know, i've cultivated a moderate position on the question of civil rights. This is out of the practical more than anything. I believe in the equality of people regardless of race, color or creed. I just don't think it's strategically effective, even when it is sincere, though I suspect it's often cynical, when some liberal, particularly democrats, make proposals like the Workplace and College Inclusion Act, which appeals to no constitutional principles and powers beyond the federal government's ability to make laws to say, regulate commerce, all while basic constitutional protections of black people, like the right to vote, go unprotected.

I believe first and foremost, before we talk about doing anything else, we need to enforce those constitutional protections. From there, we can claim a position of moderation, while still instituting sweeping changes. For example, I support using the equal protection clause 14th Amendment, to allow the review of every level of government, to ensure that people are being hired on the basis of merit, rather that race, creed or gender and so on. It'd also allow the review of all companies that do business with any level of government. We'd have three categories, meeting standards, between standards and outside standards. The first and second are self explanatory, the second happens when an institution outside of standards has submitted to a process to get within standards. For private companies, there'd be no punishment for being outside standards beyond not being allowed to take government contracts.

When governments refuse to meet standards, that's when things get more complicated. I think they should be automatically be put into between standards and continued failure to comply and submit to a process to meeting standards leads to investigations for possible Code § 2383 violations, including the use of powers listed under section 3 of the 14th amendment, for as long as they serve in an capacity to obstruct, i.e. until they resign. I think that it's probable this would be the first thing to be negotiated out of a proposal like this, but it's a good opening demand before moving down to lighter punishments if need be."

James listened to Fraser. He had made a good point regarding WCI Act, though James felt that legislation such as the WCI Act would be a good start to what he envisioned: an equal society. After he finished, James spoke.

“I do agree that the right to vote for African Americans is extremely important to protect, and should be up there on the agenda for true equality among races in America. However, I believe bills such as the Workplace and College Inclusion Act are a good start to achieving equality. The ability of a Black man or woman to get an equal education and an equal opportunity at a job is just as important as the ability to vote, in my mind. Stuff like that helps to get the ball rolling in other areas.

As for the enforcement of protections, I’m all for it. It’ll help set a good precedent for other areas, like public schooling, healthcare, housing, etcetera. I kinda wish the punishment was a bit more severe, but not much that could be done without someone crying ‘socialism’.”

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:34 pm

Deblar wrote:
Hopal wrote:"Sure, I'd be glad to join you, though depending on when you're planning these early rallies I might not be able to join. With work in D.C. and whatnot, but I'll join you for any rallies near Washington. And I could lend some people who have been working on and organizing my tour of New England to help out with organization and planning. Though I must ask isn't it a bit unsafe to down south with cause? You do remember what happened in New Orleans, don't you?"

“Oh, how could I forget? I’m well aware the South is hostile territory. Though, sometimes, going into hostile territory just may be the best thing to do. Just look at D-Day! Of course, we’re gonna be careful and make sure myself or others joining me aren’t hurt or anything, so for our events in the South, we’re just gonna show up, say what we gotta say, then leave for the next place. Louisiana will be avoided, for obvious reasons, as well as Mississippi and Alabama.”

"Well then I wish you good luck. Which cities are you planning to visit? And when are you planning to this tour anyway?"
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:57 am

August 4th, 1959
1:06 am; Sacramento, California

It was a late night—or an early morning—and despite the long day’s work talking with allies in the state legislature about the ratification convention for the XXIII Amendment to the Constitution, Governor Stoltzman was still awake. Thomas stared at a newspaper in the parlor next to the warm crackle of the marble fireplace. The glow of flames and the light of several lamps illuminated the room during the middle of the night. His wife was up with him, leaning against the doorway, and an old Harry James big band album was playing under the record player’s needle.

“You know, you’re usually the one to cut me back down to size; to keep me honest and apart from any wild or irresponsible aspirations. You’re the tactful one. But now that we discuss this, you’ve yet to say one discouraging word.”, the Governor noted with intrigue. “Do you not approve, or are you still trying to make up your mind”, he added, looking up to the silent and contemplating figure of Carole Stoltzman. There was a prolonged pause as she reflected on their conversation before she looked over to reply.

“It’s like you said Tommy, I’m more tactical. I look out for what’s around the bend, which is perfect when you’re concerned with the ultimate destination. You’re the dreamer, you’re more strategic. We need each other to succeed. I have my concerns, this is looking like an uglier race than usual. There’s trouble around the bend for sure.”

“You’ve got that right. Especially on our side of the field. Boone, Sharp, Turner... they don’t mince words. But I’m accepting of that.” To be fair, Thomas was used to put-downs and politically motivated insults. He also came from experience in Hollywood of exchanging insults at banquets designed to express appreciation of celebrities. Or casual teasing insults lobbed among friends in childhood. Most of it was all show, and you had to show your good sportsmanship. The difference here was that most of the abuse thrown around in an election would be of less-than-innocent intent, but the importance for thick skin remained.

“I’m ready for whatever they throw at me. To be in an election you’ve got to have sportsmanship, ya know.”

“Yes, I know it’s a sport, and I know it’s something you’re used to. I know you’ll be fine but I still wouldn’t like to see it...”, Carole paused, looking at the ground. Mrs. Stoltzman found it difficult to accept any sort of media criticism of her husband, and much less accepted those rival politicians who targeted Thomas with venomous reproach. A terrible spotlight to cast, indeed.

Still, the two of them made it through the season of ‘58, as vile as the messaging from the opposition had become. Surely if they made it then, they could make it now. She couldn’t bring herself to shut Thomas down on that single feeling of dread which rested behind her heart. The Governor’s wife put on a bolder face.

“If you feel strongly about this, go ahead. You know I’m not crazy about it... but if you’re all in for it, I will be all in for it as well.”, Carole declared.

“Well, I don’t know if we’re all in, you see...”, the Governor trailed off. “You would be willing to be crazy about it if I were?”

“Come on Tommy, we’re still young aren’t we?”, the sultry 42-year old remarked with a lively chuckle. “We’ve still got the energy for this yet. And no children or other responsibilities to bind us back at home. Surely we can take on the rest of ‘em. Half of them belong with the pharaohs anyhow!”

The Governor considered the path ahead as his wife strode over to rest her head on his shoulder, looking up adoringly. The music swelled, as Kitty Kallen sung:

“Haven’t felt like this, my dear
Since can’t remember when
It’s been a long, long time”

The song brought the both of them back to the end of the war. It was one of their favorites. Thomas looked down at Carole, the both of them looking into the other’s eyes like a frame from one of their cinema features of yesteryear. There was no set, no film crew, no camera, but what was there was the moment. But the movie still passed, and the conversation continued.

“Tommy, you’ve always sought this sort of chance. You’ve always wanted to change things for the better. I’ve seen it in you ever since we moved up here from Los Angeles. I saw it in you onboard the USS Hope. You said it yourself when you saw the report on Vietnam yesterday, these are trying times. The people deserve— they need a real leader, someone who understands where they’ve been, not those... other men fighting for nominations right now. Plus, we’re too good of a team not to take a shot at it. You remember what Jimmy said about us, right? If we stuck in the industry longer, we could’ve won Oscars. If you choose this, I’ll be there to build you up, every step of the way.”

Those last few words were all that Thomas L. Stoltzman needed to hear. He saw an opportunity, and now had the right-away to take that opportunity. Carole gave her full support, and considering other factors, he easily made up his mind at that moment. The Time For Stoltzman political action committee, despite having no coordination with the Governor himself, was already raising valuable funds for the event that the Californian would possibly enter the presidential race. He’d have to think things over some more and start making arrangements, meeting with organizers and of course he would have to register. In the days to come, the Stoltzmans would prepare for the big run. But for now they would sleep.

Co-Founder of the International Consortium of Democratic Nations

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 am

4th August, 1959

Jonathan Jackson continued his campaign in San Francisco, spending many hours visiting local stores and businesses, where he spoke with constituents. Instead of talking over them, he would listen carefully to their concerns and respond to them to the best of his ability. He would also heartily hear criticisms by supporters of his opponents and respond to them in a polite and concise manner while acknowledging their concerns.

Afterwards, later that evening, he spoke briefly before some journalists. "Speaking with my fellow Americans is something that all politicians should do. Any politician benefits greatly by hearing from the perspective of the average American instead of remaining shielded and away from reality on the ground. I spoke today with a great number of people from different backgrounds. I spoke with enthusiastic supporters but also heated critics, and frankly I have to say that I enjoyed the most speaking with people who oppose my candidacy because their criticism of me actually helps me become better and think of how to reach out to them; for the job of the President of the United States of America is not be a President only of those who voted for him, but rather a President of all Americans. And that's what I want to do. I want to unite all Americans."

"In my conversations with business owners, workers and costumers I've heard some common complaints; that taxation is too high, that regulations burden unduly the local mom and pop shop, that crime and drugs are becoming a problem, that the nation is divided. As President I will address those concerns. I will cut taxes for every American; every single person paying income tax will see their tax rate reduced. I will put an end to red tape, thus bringing relief to the small business owners that form the backbone of the American economy and making everyday products cheaper for the American consumer. I will crack down on crime and drugs by increasing the number of policemen in the streets and making sentences harsher. I will unite our divided nation by forming a Bipartisan Committee to address the existing divides and to find a solution that will be acceptable to all, white and colored, Northerners and Southerners."

"I also have to state that I heard something else from a number of voters, which is true but saddens me greatly. People tell me that politics have become too vulgar, too confrontational. Indeed, you have politicians who engage in personal insults and empty sloganeering instead of offering solutions and presenting a coherent policy platform. I do not wish to name those people, for I have little interest in engaging in that kind of 'debate'. I pledge, however, that as President my number one priority will be to unite the American people. I want to be a uniter rather than a divider."

"We need to reject the extremists of the far right and the socialist left, and instead heal this nation. As someone who has bipartisan respect for my military record, I believe I can do that. With my proposed Bipartisan Committee, we will find a solution that will be acceptable to all Americans instead of one imposed by DC on the South or a non-solution that ignores the rights of colored folk. With my market-oriented economic program, we shall see rapid economic growth and the creation of new, well-paid jobs. And with my comprehensive grand strategy against the Soviet menace, we can focus the energies of the American people towards defending freedom, democracy and Western civilization instead of bickering with each other."

"I am confident of our success, for we are Americans and Americans always succeed in the end. May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America!"
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:55 am

ImageThe Associated Press Image

Politics

CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT RATIFIED

THE XXIII AMENDMENT RATIFIED BY 38 STATES NEEDED THIS MORNINGS

By Henry Devolt
August 4, 1959
US NEWS - This morning, the state of Ohio finally voted to ratify the XXIII Amendment giving residents of Washington, D.C. the right to vote. Ohio followed behind a long list of states to rapidly vote for ratification which includes, (but is not limited to) Michigan, Tennesee, Nevada, and Vermont!

The proposal, authored by new Senator William Oswald of Massachusetts, received the endorsement of major candidates in the presidential race along with current President Henry 'Pike' Davis. The move comes after months of speculation of ratification, Vermont Secretary of State Jamal Dufort says of the ratification, "We need to get it done before the primaries and before the election. Washingtonians need the right to vote, and we don't want the Presidential Candidates promising them something they can get right now."

Emazia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:57 am

Louisianan wrote:
Emazia wrote:He clicked a record button on the telephone as soon as Davis began to speak. "South Vietnam turning on the US? Very well. I am a good, conservative man, so I will grant you your extension."

"I'm glad that you've taken up civil rights, I don't know what I can do. I'll have to talk to Chairman Brown of the NNRC and see what his plans are, maybe I could have Mr. Warszawski erect a statue in Mississippi if you're that into it. Now, the Johnson Amendment, consider it gone. I find it violates the first amendment," Henry chuckled, he was complaining about violations, and yet here he was about to use the Espionage act to send a woman to the stockades,

"Now, Fusion Voting is a fickle subject. (Not) Earl Warren was nominated as Republican, Democratic, and Progressive, (Not) Allan Shivers won the 1952 nominations of both the Democratic and Republican parties in Texas. He literally beat himself for the election. I don't personally like the idea of that, but I'll talk to Sophie Fraser, or whatever her name is. She isn't an unreasonable woman, she could come around. I'm sure she'd be willing to go for all three parts of your gracious requests."

"Very well. As you are aware, I still have to do something, but I will comply with your requests. As long as we don't visit South Vietnam, correct?"

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:02 am

4th August, 1959

After hours of speaking with voters on the streets of San Francisco, Jonathan Jackson held a fundraising dinner in a hotel hall. Those invited to the dinner included a number of wealthy donors and CEOs of big corporations which supported Jonathan Jackson's push for radical tax reduction and liberalization of the market. Jackson hoped that the support of rich donors and large corporations would raise for him a significant amount of cash, which he could direct to advertisement and better organization of his campaign.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Jackson said, "I stand before you as the candidate of common-sense economics and law and order. Unfortunately, many candidates in both parties support extremist policies. In the both the Republican and the Democratic Party, we've got candidates who support tax raises, more regulations and a radical expansion of government programs, which will be funded either through increased taxation or more public debt. Those candidates have extremist views on civil rights, which will cause division, unrest and riots."

"My candidacy aims to bring stability and growth. I will substantially cut both income and corporate taxation. Instead of the current twenty-four income brackets, there shall be five income brackets. Every single American who pays income tax will see a reduction of their tax rate. Corporate tax will be reduced initially from 52% to 48%, with further tax cuts down the road once our economy grows. With the legislation of my Corporate Employment Tax Benefits, many corporations will pay a reduced 34% corporate tax in exchange for expanding their operations and creating new jobs."

"Those radical tax cuts will unleash the productive energies of American entrepreneurship and grow our economy. It is my firm belief that those who create wealth and jobs should be rewarded rather than punished. We should incentive, not penalize, success. I pledge that I will be the most pro-market President in years. I also pledge to liberalize our market. Undue regulations and red tape add up a cost almost as high as businesses taxes themselves. I will end power-grabbing regulatory actions, such as the reach by the Federal Trade Commission for injunctive powers and the ceaseless pressing by the the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission to dominate consumer decision in the marketplace. By putting an end to red tape and useless regulations, I will be bringing relief to all businesses in the country. The cost of doing business will be greatly reduced, allowing productive entrepreneurs to invest into expanding their operations."

"On civil rights, I will crack down on violence and extremism. I will tolerate neither white supremacist radicals nor violent civil rights activists. I will form a Bipartisan Committee that will formulate a plan that will be broadly acceptable by both Republicans and Democrats, North and South. This is important. National unity does not simply affects politics, it also affects business. Without societal and political stability, investments and business endeavors become risky and anti-market radicals gain in popularity. We cannot allow that."

"As President, I will put more policemen on the streets and end drug trade. We need stability and peace in our streets if our economy is to grow and if the citizens if this country want to feel secure. I will be the President of law and order. Criminals, rioters, extremists, drug dealers and users will go to jail and stay locked in there for years and years to come."

"By supporting my candidacy, you will be support free-market reforms, societal stability and law enforcement. We do not need more socialism, more taxes, more regulations, more upheaval, more disorder, more extremism. We need market-oriented solutions, stability and law and order. May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America!" Jackson raised his wine cup.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:09 am

Emazia wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"I'm glad that you've taken up civil rights, I don't know what I can do. I'll have to talk to Chairman Brown of the NNRC and see what his plans are, maybe I could have Mr. Warszawski erect a statue in Mississippi if you're that into it. Now, the Johnson Amendment, consider it gone. I find it violates the first amendment," Henry chuckled, he was complaining about violations, and yet here he was about to use the Espionage act to send a woman to the stockades,

"Very well. As you are aware, I still have to do something, but I will comply with your requests. As long as we don't visit South Vietnam, correct?"

"Don't go to North or South Vietnam, maybe Laos, or the Philipines though. I hear Myanmar is nice this time of year as well." Davis responded with a slight chuckle, "I will give y'all clearance and authorization once we identify the threat levels, and that may very well take weeks. Just sit tight, and I'll get back to you alright?"
Last edited by Louisianan on Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

Hopal wrote:
Deblar wrote:“Oh, how could I forget? I’m well aware the South is hostile territory. Though, sometimes, going into hostile territory just may be the best thing to do. Just look at D-Day! Of course, we’re gonna be careful and make sure myself or others joining me aren’t hurt or anything, so for our events in the South, we’re just gonna show up, say what we gotta say, then leave for the next place. Louisiana will be avoided, for obvious reasons, as well as Mississippi and Alabama.”

"Well then I wish you good luck. Which cities are you planning to visit? And when are you planning to this tour anyway?"

“Well, we’re starting in Boston, as I mentioned earlier, then we go to Hartford, Connecticut, then Atlantic City, New Jersey, then D.C, then Norfolk, Virginia, then Charlotte, North Carolina, then Atlanta, then Nashville, then Memphis, then we wrap it up in Tulsa. We’re aiming to start in a couple of weeks, which we should be able to achieve, barring any unforeseen setbacks.”

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:55 am

August 8th, 1959 Press Conference of Governor Thomas L. Stoltzman, Sheraton-Palace Hotel, San Francisco

“My fellow Californians, it is a pleasure to be here this afternoon to address any of your insight or concerns about how I have been doing as your Governor. Before I take questions, I want to make — give you a progress report on where we stand 151 days into our initiative to revitalize our water infrastructure.

On the State Water Project: We are currently meeting with architects and local boards to approve work on a new aqueduct and a potential reservoir in San Luis. There is some skepticism in this state about this initiative, and that this entire project is the ploy of utilities lobbyists to provide meaningless infrastructure, or a scheme from politicians further East to reduce our share of the Colorado River. Before anyone raises this point, I respectfully will tell you that this is not true. This water project is a for the benefit of all Californians, first and foremost. Provisions for water in Southern California and better management of this vital resource will reduce our dependency on other states and utilize the waters of California to meet both present and future needs for all beneficial uses and purposes in all areas of the state to the maximum extent. This project to correct this dire accident of people and geography is the best long-term investment in our state that I could envision.

As a final note, I am also proud to announce the passage of the 23rd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Earlier this week I met with state legislators to discuss and speculate on the passage of the amendment after its success in our own Constitutional Convention, and am glad to have supported the voting rights of our fellow Americans.

Now I’ll be happy to take your questions.”
Co-Founder of the International Consortium of Democratic Nations

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse