NATION

PASSWORD

Home of The Brave: An 1960's Political RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:35 pm

Senator Boone's Campaign Announcement
Delivered Live in Nashville
Broadcast over Radio throughout the United States

"My fellow Americans, I understand that many of you are fresh from hearing our President's State of the Union Address, and thus are probably not over-eager to listen to the prattle of another big-mouthed, small-minded politician. Thankfully, you are now listening to Earl Boone, and not Henry Davis.

"The accomplishments which President Davis touted and promised to build upon are, in reality, confined entirely to his imagination. The economic upturn of his first term was not his doing, but the lasting impact of President Roosevelt, God rest his soul. In fact, the only contribution of the sitting President to our economy is last year's aptly named Davis Recession.

"President Davis, and whichever Republican attempts to succeed him next November, have committed to halting and eventually eroding the great economic progress began during the Presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt. The promises and programs of the Roosevelt and [not-Truman] administrations languish, unfulfilled and dormant. While the President bull-headedly focuses on de-segregating the South with all the adroitness of a wrecking ball, our farmers and laborers suffer, our public works decay, and our defense and technology sectors wane in the face of waxing Soviet power.

"But, I am sad to say, our own Party offers no decent alternative to the American people! Instead of presenting a unified front in defense of the progress F.D.R. championed, the Democrats sectionalize: the conservatives and the liberals, eating each other alive over segregation. We cannot risk dividing our Democratic Party over sectional issues next year. If, as I fear, we Democrats run two competing tickets in 1960, a Republican victory is virtually assured. We cannot allow this to happen. And that is why I am tendering my candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President.

"I was born in squalor in a log cabin on the outskirts of Raleigh. I earned my law degree by night, sweeping streets and delivering papers by day. I spent a decade of my youth as a Justice of the Peace, dealing with the most intimate problems of the impoverished and indigent. I understand the issues which face every-day Americans better than any silver-spoon politician. F.D.R. set the standard I will emulate. Unity, not division; progress, not stagnation. As President, I will cut every American the Best Deal our nation can offer.

"Roosevelt's proposed Second Bill of Rights will become a reality— unemployment, exploitation, monopolies, and homelessness, things of the past. I believe every American has the right to a well-paying job, so I will expand the public workforce to quash unemployment. I believe every American should be fairly compensated for a hard day's work, so I will extend our minimum wage laws to guarantee every worker fair pay. I believe our farmers have the right to earn a living from their land, so I will vivify the Food Stamp Program and the Rural Electrification Administration, and establish new bureaus to uplift the quality of life in rural America. I believe in the free market, so I will enact robust anti-trust laws and place taxes on personal fortunes exceeding $1 million to prevent the inequitable hoarding of wealth by a shadowy few. I believe that no American should have to call the streets his home, and so I will subsidize public housing projects that put roofs over every American family. I believe that no American should suffer or die when adequate medical treatment is available, so I will establish a public health care system and declare war on disease. I believe that every American should retire comfortably, so I will preserve the Social Security Administration and ensure that pensioners enjoy access to public health care. And, finally, I believe that the future of our democracy rests in our youth, and so I shall re-invigorate the education system, ensuring that our nation is a leader in science, technology, and intelligence.

"As to the issue of civil rights: I will not attempt to impose a dictatorship of the many upon the few, as President Davis has, which, as we all know, resulted in the bloodiest war on American soil the last time it was forced. A solution to racial issues may only come as a unilateral decision, not as a disciplinary measure against the South; a House divided cannot stand. I shall not abuse the power of the President nor violate the Constitution by supporting any civil rights legislation. Instead, I will leave the choice to the states themselves, and let their conscience and the wishes of their citizens be their guide.

"Finally, I shall not, as President Davis has, allow our military and its technology to atrophy, and in doing so allow the Soviet Union and its allies to surge ahead. I shall restore the supremacy of the United States on the world stage and bulwark Western democracy against Communistic aggression at every turn. I shall give no quarter to those who attempt to subvert and undermine our republic from within, the fifth columnists who gleefully anticipate the defeat of our government in our current struggle against Communism. I will take the Red menace seriously, as no other President has before.

"It is now that I ask your support, America. This is not merely a political campaign. It is a call to arms. Our democracy threatens to implode, while Soviet Russia licks its lips. I bid you take up arms with me, now, and rally the nation against the Communist threat. Elect me, Senator Earl Boone, as your President, and together we shall see that America remain the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave, forever.

"God bless you, and goodnight."
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:29 pm

ImageThe Associated Press Image

Politics

PRESIDENT RESPONDS TO CURRENT PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES
STATEMENT COMES AFTER ATTACKS AND CALLS OF RESPONSE

By Jack Hollyday
January 3, 1959
D.C.- General Jonathan Jackson, former Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in the Southwest Pacific Area and Commander-in-Chief of the United Nation Command in Korea, announced he would be seeking the Republican nomination for the office of President of the United States yesterday as well as the Tennessee Senator, Earl Boone.

In Senator Boone's announcement, he criticized the President for being a "Big Mouthed, Small-Minded Politician". President Davis gave us a full statement as he was leaving the White House for a charity event saying,

"I'd like to remind [Senator Boone] that the great state of Tennessee helped me win both of my terms, with my re-election bringing me almost triple the difference between the votes of myself and my opponent. I will say, I was abruptly halted from drinking my cup of coffee when I heard the Senator claim I am small-minded and big-mouthed, it is absolutely out of character and unbecoming of a potential candidate for the office of which I currently hold. I am no politician, I am a veteran, and I can say with the strictest of assurances, (Not-Harry Truman) originally encouraged me to run as a Democrat with his name on the ballot as my vice president before I denounced his party. So at one point, Senator Boone probably would've supported me wholeheartedly. I can also assure the Gentleman from Tennessee that I call the former president frequently on major decisions that I as commander and chief can only seek advice from others who've been in my situation at a former time. And he has never said I am doing a disservice to the Office of President of the United States. I encourage all Americans to ignore these foolish theorems being peddled by the Democrats during this election cycle."

"I can also say, the Hoover Recession was extended by five to six years by the New Deal, while the 'Davis' Recession lasted less than a year. I'd also like to note that my administration's decision to send in the national guard to Little Rock, was a decision I had to take, not as a Desegregationist, but as an oath keeper, who vowed to protect and defend the constitution, from threats foreign and domestic, and violence seems like a threat to me, no matter who it is lashed out to, nor what color they are. I'd also like to say, Senator Boone of Tennessee is a man who I respect greatly, but I can say, after my eight years in my current position, that not all great men can hold this office, and neither can Senator Boone."

When asked about General Jonathan Jackson, President Davis merely said, "He's a great man and a great General and I trust the American people in the endeavor of choosing a Republican nominee."

President Davis plans on allowing the Republican Primaries to go on their own accord without his interference. President Davis, who has met with most foreign leaders, and is an icon to a great many people and an influencer of more, will be greatly missed and remembered for the eight years he has spent dutifully serving the United States.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:49 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"I am an Armstrong fan, myself. I haven't been able to comprehend the popularity of Elvis Presley myself... But anyways, do we have a set agenda for Congress this year? I'm eager to get back to work."

"Well, I'd like to first start off with Alaska, get that out of the way, head on later this year, and try to get Hawaii done. I was just given confirmation that Cuba was taken by the army of Fidel Castro. I'd like to make sure that they know we're not going to tolerate the encroaching threat of communism in the Latin Americas. We're going to strengthen our embargo and such to let them know we're serious. I'd also like for the House and Senate to agree on the day of my State of the Union. I want it to be on the 26th of this month. Also, I think we're going to have to get some more civil rights work done. Another thing I'd really like to tackle is science, and education, it'd be nice to get some of that going on Capitol Hill. I doubt much of that will be possible with Congress completely out of Republican control, it'll be a battle but I think it'll get it done."

"Shame about the situation in Cuba. Hopefully we can strangle Castro's power and make him vulnerable to being removed from power. I'll make sure you get the State of the Union on the 26th, don't worry. I'll be doing some work on civil rights, labor, and education this year in the Senate. I'll keep you updated on that. This is going to be an odd year with the Presidential politics and Vietnam, but I have a good feeling about this year."
Die nasty!!111

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Well, I'd like to first start off with Alaska, get that out of the way, head on later this year, and try to get Hawaii done. I was just given confirmation that Cuba was taken by the army of Fidel Castro. I'd like to make sure that they know we're not going to tolerate the encroaching threat of communism in the Latin Americas. We're going to strengthen our embargo and such to let them know we're serious. I'd also like for the House and Senate to agree on the day of my State of the Union. I want it to be on the 26th of this month. Also, I think we're going to have to get some more civil rights work done. Another thing I'd really like to tackle is science, and education, it'd be nice to get some of that going on Capitol Hill. I doubt much of that will be possible with Congress completely out of Republican control, it'll be a battle but I think it'll get it done."

"Shame about the situation in Cuba. Hopefully we can strangle Castro's power and make him vulnerable to being removed from power. I'll make sure you get the State of the Union on the 26th, don't worry. I'll be doing some work on civil rights, labor, and education this year in the Senate. I'll keep you updated on that. This is going to be an odd year with the Presidential politics and Vietnam, but I have a good feeling about this year."

"So do I," Henry scratched his neck and sighed, "So do I. So do I... I just have got to make this year count. The first year in office was the hardest because I didn't know what'n the hell I was doing. Now I do, and I don't want to hand over the reins just yet, but, I have to. Anyway, begone! I'm sure you have better things to do than sit here." The president laughed,

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:57 am

OOC: This is my first post on this RP. If I make a fool of myself bear that in mind.

IC: Representative Juan Matamoros of New Mexico (D) pored over Boone's campaign platform. He did not like it at all. As a moderate, this platform sounded way too radical for his liking. And likely for many Americans too. With communism becoming a big threat, government expansion may leave a bad taste in their mouth. A moderate is what is needed in this time where balance and compromise is of the utmost necessity. Boone's willingness to concede to the Dixiecrats also worried Matamoros, as he supported the Civil Rights movement, and they opposed it. Boone could not win the Democratic nomination, or they would lose this election.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Taridaria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Taridaria » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:38 am

Senator Elmer Russel Stevens, Texas
Betty's Best Breakfast, Washington DC
03 January 1959
11:23 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He watched her smile widen more, and he wondered for a second whether she knew she had been smiling from the moment she had sat down. She pulled her shake towards her and giggled like a little girl - something she had not done in years - and for a moment Elmer saw again her mother just as joyously slurping away at her strawberry drink. Her eyes, still wide turned back to him, pushing his cup of coffee closer, shaking her head so her curls bounced slightly. "You have not touched your coffee- have at it before it gets cold. Life is too short to be drinking cold coffee and you don't have the will waste this in favor of a new cup." Her voice was light and playful as she stole one of his fries. He reached for the cup and sipped at it as she fiddled with her hair. "And quit staring, it is making all shades of self conscious." Another giggle and Elmer could not resist the lure of the jump anymore. This would be it - he would find out right now whether his girl was his anymore.

He took a breath.

And another.

"So, what is his name?" He rose a brow as she blushed as pink as her drink. He smiled wider as she sputtered and wiped some of the cold icecreamed milk from her nose, moaning over freezing her brain. "PA!" Her voice when it returned to her was scandalized and she threw a napkin at him, trying not to look at the faces of the other patrons now turned to laugh at her in a friendly manner before going back to their business. They sat quietly as he picked at his breakfast - waiting for her to reply. She did not say anything about a boy though when she did speak - instead that keen eye he had fostered in her since young glinted for a second before she struck. "Next year is a presidential, ain't it." This time he coughed, looking around for inquiring ears - shushing her with his hand. "Now now, there will be none of that. And don't be thinking I did not notice that deflection - I wanna know." She glowered at him, crossing her arms, her eyes turning up as she thought for a second - her temper mollified enough to sigh - and cede to him.

"It ain't nothing. We jus talking - that all." He rose a brow, showing his trust in her dignity and honor, opening his mouth before she interrupted. "He wants to go to war though." He felt his grin fall a bit, frowning slowly. It was clear that she was afraid of what he might say. He considered for a second his thinking, before sighing and holding his hand out over the table. She placed her soft, smaller hand in his, squeezing it softly - and he nodded. "This war... is a mess. It is misguided - it is based on... ego. Not honor. You understand that, yeah?" She nodded, tears threatening before he shushed her - and she nodded harder - hope still there. "But a man... he is duty bound to serve his people. Our boys... they are over there. They are dying. Our duty is to them. If he wants to go to save and help in this mess of a thing - considering that I am sure he is a fine fellow of moral quality-" She quickly interrupted him. "Oh he is daddy! I assure you. He goes to church every Sunday and he has no hatred for the blacks." She was nodding as she spoke quickly, and he squeezed her hand, calming her once more. "Come now, calm yourself babygirl. I trust your judgement. I raised you did I not?" She nodded, sitting a bit more quietly, listening to him. "I wanna meet him. In fact, I am meeting an colleague of mine just now - handsome fellow - fought the Japanese. I am trying to get him on my vets thing." She continued to nod, smiling at his seeming conditional support. "I could introduce them - get him someone to talk to who knows what is going on from experience." She smiled, raising Elmer's hand up to her lips and kissing it. "Thank you! Thank you! It will mean the world. I will go call on him right now."

She pulled away but he pulled her back by the hand, his hand clasping it and not letting her slip away. "I know your mother is not here - but you are being careful yes? I want only the best for you. You know?" She sighed, getting out of the booth and hugging him from the side, kissing his brow. "She is here, right here with us. As she's always been. Yeah?" He looked down, nodding softly, sipping again at his cooling coffee. "And you want the best for everyone. Everyone save yourself." Her hand, still clasped in his, lightly tugged at the wedding right still there. "You cannot go getting shot for the blacks and the poor and the farmers and the soldiers and the mothers..." She gently patted his shoulder. "And not be doing anything for yourself." He smiled lightly. She smirked against his hair. "And if you become president you can end this you know - get him back to me soon. We can marry - and get you some grandchildren." She jumped away as his eyes widened and he shouted after her as she rushed from the diner "I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THAT!" He growled at her - but whether it was about the presidency or her having children... he could not say.

Maybe both.

A girl came walking past him with a smile, and she refilled his cup, taking away his spent plate - as he took out some notes - reading up on the various proposals he wanted to make - waiting for his companion to show up. He peeked at the wall clock and saw it was almost time for them to come - so he settled in, and listened to the music in the background, softly smiling.

This new guy seemed all the right things to push quite a few of his plans forward. Things were becoming utterly too complicated for Elmer's liking - the south, the communists, the war, the economy, his damn leg... And the standard practice it seemed was that everyone was putting in 100% over all these things - and so it seemed that they were making headway here and there, but in reality their efforts went nowhere. It was stagnating. And nothing was getting done and they were all preoccupied with the doing. Start a thing - end it. That was the only way anything ever got done. He shook his head... Maybe he could make another ally this day. And get some work done.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 am

Politics

SHARP NOT TO RUN, BUT NOT TO RULE OUT FAVORITE SON CANDIDACY

by Mordecai Flanders
January 3, 1959
D.C.- Talking to reporters on capitol hill, United States Senator and former member of the House of Representatives Joshua Sharp of the state of Mississippi gives an ambiguous statement as to his future ambitions, if he has any, on the White House.

This comes after he was reportedly "blindsided" by Boone's candidacy announcement in Nashville. Boone walks a fine line between segregationists and those within the north. There is worry among some Sharp political aides that the man is simply 'too old' for the presidency. As he is in his seventies, there is significant merit to this concern. Hypothetically, if Sharp was to run and be-elected as the 36th President of the United States, on inauguration day he would be 73 years old, and if he was to fill and serve out two full terms, he would leave the white house at the age of 81.

Sharp, however, remains popular with his home state, and would be a serious threat that could snatch away the flag of white supremacy that Boone seems to not be waving very vigorously, at least in contrast to Sharp's broadsides against desegregation in the south and him being a frequent critic of the Henry Davis administration.

In a statement to the Press, Senator Sharp says:
"With regard to the rumors that are going around that I might run, rumors I can gaur-assure you that have been started by the scared-shitless Boone campaign at my prospective candidacy. I'm damn glad I'm feared, damn glad! I understand I might complicate things in the south, but I-I need to state this clearly and only once: I would not be a spoiler. For those southerners worried that there's just a namby pamby southerner in sheep's clothing, for god's sakes booth grew up in the North! He's a carpetbagging, no good son of a bitch, and is probably a cross dresser or somethin' I dunno for sure.

Regarding the Presidential candidacy of that north carolinan-tennesseian-sengambian whiskey drinkin' son of a bitch, I wish him the best of luck in his political endeavors. I must make this abundantly clear this is just a little wink wink thing between him and I. No back room deals or the sort, I don't even have a backroom in my senate office! I know, I tried dynamiting a hole in the ceiling once. Long story, you don't have time to cover it. So long as mr. whiskey drinkin' son of a bitch does not try to infringe upon the rights of states to determine their destination with respect and regarding the great moral truth that is segregation, he's already leagues better than that damn son of a bitch incumbent Henry Davis. I don't not know why he bothers with interfering in the duties and responsibilities of the states. Uncle Sam, this is the Sharpest tack in Mississippi speakin,' you'd be better off getting your nose out of the South, it's not your fight Mr. President!

Seein' as your ears are mine for a few, I'll rail against segregation and the conspiracy against Mississippi and her southern belles! The states of the former Confederacy are under attack. We have traitors to the glorious cause of white supremacy, the cornerstone of the new government that the white man is better than the colored. While we are forced to accommodate for such things such as baseball fields and planta-sharecropping farms. As a small bit of cooked bacon that's sure to leave any marriage unsatisfied with their portion sizes, those northern democrats had best fuck off. Fuck off and piss off, whatever off they want, so long as they leave the real political campaigning to the Southern gentlemen and hillbillies.

I think we are going in the wrong direction, this country is going to fall off of the proverbial cliff one of these days, and I'll either be locked up in the looney bin to get institutionalized or I'll be proven right and you people'll shower me with posthumous praise.

Ultimately, however, it isn't not never ever in the Democratic Party's best interest to divide the vote, as such I will not run as the Democratic candidate for President of the United States at a national-level. Notice how I said national-level, ok? However, at a state-level, I shall not rule out the efforts of politicians and the people of Mississippi to drag me out and give me twenty delegate votes at the Democratic Convention. It's the best of both worlds, I get to showcase the sheer love Mississippi has for me, they would not only vote for me as President, but they would re-elect me as Senator.
I get to remain a vocal critic of the Davis administration, and I'll even get five minutes of national fame at the DNC with a few 'who the hell is that' notions on the telly vison or radio. I really like this plan. This is the best of both worlds for me."
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:02 am

Senator William Lawrence Oswald Jr.

Betty’s Best Breakfast, Washington D.C.
January 3rd, 1959

Betty’s Best Breakfast was a name he was familiar with. Over the two years previous this was the singular place in the city he could relax in. The food was excellent, the service exemplary. A slice of home in the heart of the capital, something to keep him slightly sane when dealing with politics all day.

He was to meet with Senator Stevens from Texas. He had never met the man, but he had certainly heard of his reputation, a progressive firebrand from the heart of the South. An extreme rarity in his party. He had to admit he was excited when the man offered to orientate him into Senate life. There was so much to discuss, to work out, to do. It could be the start of a very powerful partnership. A partnership between north and south. New England and Texas. America needed that.

His Chevy pulled up along the curb, behind what he presumed to be the Senator's car. The young woman who served there knew him well, she always rushed over to open the door, and this was no exception. Stepping out he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you Patty. You don’t need to do that, you know? I’m not royalty.”

Her smile radiated with pure hope.

“Anything for our budding Congressmen. I’m sure you’ll repay D.C. at some point for my service.”

He nodded toward her. A smile of his own forming.

“Of course. And it’s Senator now, didn’t you hear? Time flies.”

“So it does, Senator.”

His feet took him along the path. He spotted the man talking to some young thing. Leaning against some car for a moment to let the moment play out, feeling the brisk air as she eventually got up and ran past him. No doubt on some adventure.

Taking the opportunity he soon found himself in her seat, looking across at the Senator in deep thought about something or other, writing down his notes.

“Elmer, right?”

He held out his hand, his award winning charisma immediately showing itself. The politicians act.

“William Lawrence Oswald Jr. You can call me Willie.”

The waitress returned to him. Pen and paper in hand.

“I’ll take a coffee, maybe an omelette as well? You do them with bacon?”

Her head bobbed up and down as she took the order. Coffee pot already in her hand as she filled his cup. He pulled his flask out, a dash of whiskey pouring into it as he took a sip.

“I eagerly await what you have planned to talk about.”

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:19 pm

ignore
Last edited by Madrinpoor on Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Politics

ALASKA IS OFFICIALLY THE 49TH STATE OF THE UNION

by Henrietta Bloomington
January 3, 1959
D.C.- President Henry Davis signed the official document giving the Alaskan Territory statehood today, at approximately 8:30 this morning. The President had a photo-op with the officials from Alaska, as he was signing the document. As per tradition, Henry signed his name with 12 pens, giving each of them to either a Dignitary from Alaska or a member of the press. Sources say that he only gave out 11, as he was planning on mailing one to one of his biggest critics, Senator Sharp of Mississippi.

The President was asked a few questions, and instead of answering them individually, he gave out this statement to the press,

"Good Afternoon, all. I'm here today with the Alaskan dignitaries, to declare a new state to the Union, Alaska. I will be signing an executive order later today, designating another star onto our US Flag, because since 1867, the Alaskans were a colony, a distant relative to these United States. Today, we welcome Alaska as a member of this union, a member of this American family, to which we all belong. There are some who oppose this decision, and there are some who praise it, but I think that it is the best decision for us. As Alaska becomes an official state, we can assure ourselves that we will always be able to keep the communists at bay, and watch their technology in an effort to grow our own. Thank you all, and god bless America."

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:40 pm

tag, you're it.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Official Name: Executive Order for the Redesign of the US Flag

WHEREAS the State of Alaska has this day been admitted to the Union; and

WHEREAS chapter 1 of title 4 of the United States Code provides that a star shall be added to the union of the flag of the United States upon the admission of a new State into the Union and provides that that addition to the flag shall take effect on the fourth day of July then next succeeding the admission of that State; and

WHEREAS the interests of the Government require that orderly and reasonable provision be made for certain features of the flag:

NOW, THEREFORE, under and by virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States and as Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

SECTION 1. Proportions. National flags and union jacks for all departments and other agencies of the executive branch of the Government (hereinafter referred to as executive agencies) shall conform to the following proportions:

Hoist (width) of flag------------------ 1

Fly (length) of flag ------------------ 1.9

Hoist (width) of union ---------------- 0.5385 (7/13)

Fly (length) of union ----------------- 0.76

Width of each stripe ------------------ 0.0769 (1/13)

Such further proportions as are set forth on the attachment hereto. That attachment is hereby made a part of this order.

SEC. 2. Sizes. (a) Flags manufactured or purchased for executive agencies shall be limited to those having hoists as follows:

(1) -------------------- 20 feet

(2) -------------------- 19 feet

(3) -------------------- 14.35 feet

(4) -------------------- 12.19 feet

(5) -------------------- 10 feet

(6) -------------------- 8.94 feet

(7) -------------------- 5.14 feet

(8) -------------------- 5 feet

(9) -------------------- 3.52 feet

(10) ------------------- 2.90 feet

(11) ------------------- 2.37 feet

(12) ------------------- 1.31 feet

(b) Union jacks manufactured or purchased for executive agencies shall be limited to those the hoists of which correspond to the hoists of the unions of flags of sizes herein authorized. The size of the union jack flown with the national flag shall be the same as the size of the union of that national flag.

SEC. 3. Position of stars. The position of each star of the union of the flag, and of the union jack, shall be as indicated on the attachment hereto.

SEC. 4. Public inquiries. Interested persons may direct inquiries concerning this order to the Quartermaster General of the Army. Inquiries relating to the procurement of national flags by executive agencies other than the Department of Defense may be directed to the General Services Administration.

SEC. 5. Applicability; prior flag and jack. (a) All national flags and union jacks manufactured or purchased for the use of executive agencies after the date of this order shall conform strictly to the provisions of sections 1 to 3, inclusive, of this order.

(b) The colors carried by troops, and camp colors, shall be of the sizes prescribed by the Secretary of Defense for the armed forces of the United States and the sizes of those colors shall not be subject to the provisions of this order.

(c) Subject to such limited exceptions as the Secretary of Defense, in respect of the Department of Defense, and the Administrator of General Services, in respect of executive agencies other than the Department of Defense, may approve, all national flags and union jacks now in the possession of executive agencies, or hereafter acquired, under contracts awarded prior to the date of this order, by executive agencies, including those so possessed or so acquired by the General Services Administration for distribution to other executive agencies, shall be utilized until unserviceable.

SEC. 6. The flag prescribed by this order shall become the official flag under chapter 1 of title 4 of the United States Code as of July 4, 1959.

SEC. 7. Revocation. Executive Order No. 2390 of May 29, 1916, is hereby revoked.

SEC. 8. This order shall be published in the FEDERAL REGISTER.

THE WHITE HOUSE
PRESIDENT HENRY P. DAVIS

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:20 pm

January 1, 1959; 11:02 am; Boston, Massachusetts

It was a crisp, 20 degree morning in Boston, and a rather large crowd gathered in front of a stage that was set up. Within the crowd were numerous news reporters and journalists. James Brown Jr., the man of the hour, walked up to a podium as the crowd cheered him on. He held his personally written speech in hand, then placed it on the podium. James adjusted the microphone, then spoke.
"Good morning, people of Boston. And may I be the first to wish you all a happy new year." The crowd cheered as James continued.
"I'm sure most of you have heard of my ties to the Civil Rights Movement. To those wondering why I am fighting, I say because enough is enough. African-Americans have suffered for far too long in this glorious nation we call home. I have seen racism at its fiercest. Emmett Till was murdered in cold blood, and his murderers were considered not guilty. Not guilty! It's outrageous, it's unfair, and must no longer be tolerated.". The crowd cheered once again, as James continued.
"This nation needs to act and end the oppression of Blacks everywhere. No longer should we be limited from fully living out the American Dream just because of the color of our skin. It's not right, it never was right, and it will never be right. I am willing to bring change to our nation, which brings me to my announcement. I, James Earl Brown Junior, am announcing my candidacy for US Congress to represent this wonderful city." The crowd burst in applause. James paused for a bit to take it in, taking a deep breath. He then continued.
"When I am elected, I will make the lives of my fellow African-Americans better, not just here, but across the country. Our rights will be expanded and protected by my planned legislation. I will bring us together, regardless of your race, your gender, or anything. I will transform America into a more inclusive nation, and bring us forward." The crowd cheered.

After James finished his speech, he walked off the stage, had some pictures taken by the press, and walked to his seat as one of his National Negro Rights Coalition(NNRC) collegues spoke.

January 1,1959; 7:39 pm; Boston, Massachusetts

James. now back at his home, watched a replay of his speech on television. Meanwhile, his wife, Cora, walked into the living room.

"Dinner's ready, honey.", Cora spoke.

"Alright, coming", James replied.

James stood, then walked into the dining room, where he was greeted by his 4 year old daughter, Dawn. James knelt down to greet her.

"Hi, daddy!", Dawn said

"Hey there.", James replied, picking her up."Did you have a good day?"

"Yep."

"Wonderful." James put Dawn back down, then turned to his 11 year old son, Darryl.

"How come you don't greet me anymore?", James asked him jokingly

"Because i'm not 4 anymore", Darryl replied jokingly. They both laugh as Cora brought the last plate to the table.

"Alright, you two, time for dinner.", Cora said

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 pm

President Henry Davis, upon receiving the news that a civil rights leader was running for office, was extremely upset that they decided to run as a Democrat, but nevertheless, Henry wanted to understand his stance to understand the ways that the Republican Party are failing the civil rights movement. He sent out two invitations,

Dear Chairman James Brown,

I've taken quite an interest in your Massachusetts campaign, as well as your work for civil rights. The coloreds couldn't have a better representative in Congress, than someone like them who knows them. I'm inviting you to the White House for a meeting on the issue of Civil Rights, and I'm prepared to pay for your room and board as well as top quality transportation to and from Washington, D.C. I'll be sure to make it understood that you shall have the highest treatment. I understand that this letter may take a while to reach you, but either way, I'd like to get a telegram from you before you arrive. Thank you for all that you do, and I hope you can arrange this visit.

Sincerely,

Congressman from New Mexico,

I apologize Congressman but for the life of me, I can't spell your last name, so I hope you don't mind me calling you Congressman Juan. As a Hispanic, I feel it is your duty to report to me what it is that Hispanics need, regarding civil rights issues, and I'd like you up at the White House as soon as you can. This is private, tell no-one.
Sincerely,
Last edited by Louisianan on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Garkland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Garkland » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 am

It was a breezy afternoon and Rodger came back to his Residence. Jamie stood outside with her two sons, waving what seemed to be a table cloth to Rodger. She pointed at Rodger and said to one of the children “look it’s your father! He’s coming back from work. Now make sure to help him put away his things ok?” The two boys nodded as they rushed to Rodger giving a big hug and yelling “We love you!”. Rodger had a big smile on his face and said “I love you too, all of you..” Rodger walked up to Jamie and kissed her on the cheek “Especially you honey.” The boys grabbed Rodger’s trench coat and gloves, as well as some of his papers. Jamie was happy that her husband was home, it was nice having him back. Rodger then walked into his private office and whispered to the boys “Now I ought to be doing some important work won’t you know, so go and help your mother clean ok?” The boys sighed “But we want to see what your doing! Who are you writing letters to?”

Rodger sighed back and put both of the boys on his lap “Well you know the governor of New York?”
One of the Boys, James replied “Yeah isn’t it that Tom Fraser? He’s one of those Elephant guys, you know the GOP?”
“Very good James, yes it is the GOP. Now I’m writing a letter to him because we have lots in common. Now I told you what I was doing, so let me write the letter alone, secret information on it..”
The boys left his office.
“Now what to write Mr. Fraser? Well I want to run for President in 1960... and since Tom got’s lots in common with me... we could work something out, since those Dixiecrats want nothing with me... and he hates those white nationalists too, damn those confederates with their prejudices.. ugh I must write him this.. most definitely.”

Tom Fraser received a telegram from Rodger Bradford reading the following
To: Tom Fraser

Greetings Mr. Fraser, how delightful it is speaking to you. Now I must make this quick as I’m in a rush, so I would like to meet you when you are able to (as we are both busy men) to discuss the upcoming 1960 election and possible partnership. Think big Fraser, big.

Cybernetic Socialist Republics
Minister

Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:04 am

Garkland wrote:It was a breezy afternoon and Rodger came back to his Residence. Jamie stood outside with her two sons, waving what seemed to be a table cloth to Rodger. She pointed at Rodger and said to one of the children “look it’s your father! He’s coming back from work. Now make sure to help him put away his things ok?” The two boys nodded as they rushed to Rodger giving a big hug and yelling “We love you!”. Rodger had a big smile on his face and said “I love you too, all of you..” Rodger walked up to Jamie and kissed her on the cheek “Especially you honey.” The boys grabbed Rodger’s trench coat and gloves, as well as some of his papers. Jamie was happy that her husband was home, it was nice having him back. Rodger then walked into his private office and whispered to the boys “Now I ought to be doing some important work won’t you know, so go and help your mother clean ok?” The boys sighed “But we want to see what your doing! Who are you writing letters to?”

Rodger sighed back and put both of the boys on his lap “Well you know the governor of New York?”
One of the Boys, James replied “Yeah isn’t it that Tom Fraser? He’s one of those Elephant guys, you know the GOP?”
“Very good James, yes it is the GOP. Now I’m writing a letter to him because we have lots in common. Now I told you what I was doing, so let me write the letter alone, secret information on it..”
“Now what to write Mr. Fraser? Well I want to run for President in 1960... and since Tom got’s lots in common with me... we could work something out, since those Dixiecrats want nothing with me... and he hates those white nationalists too, damn those confederates with their prejudices.. ugh I must write him this.. most definitely.”

Greetings Mr. Fraser, how delightful it is speaking to you. Now I must make this quick as I’m in a rush, so I would like to meet you when you are able to (as we are both busy men) to discuss the upcoming 1960 election and possible partnership. Think big Fraser, big.

Governor Bradford, it is always good to talk to you. My next few weeks will be busy and I can not travel much so early into my term in office, but I can afford to meet with you at the before the 6th in the New York State Executive Mansion.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 pm

To: Senator Joshua Sharp

Senator,

I would like to meet with you while you're in Washington to discuss the Presidential nomination. There will be plenty of whiskey to go around.

Yours,
Earl M. Boone
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Garkland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Garkland » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:22 pm

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:
Garkland wrote:It was a breezy afternoon and Rodger came back to his Residence. Jamie stood outside with her two sons, waving what seemed to be a table cloth to Rodger. She pointed at Rodger and said to one of the children “look it’s your father! He’s coming back from work. Now make sure to help him put away his things ok?” The two boys nodded as they rushed to Rodger giving a big hug and yelling “We love you!”. Rodger had a big smile on his face and said “I love you too, all of you..” Rodger walked up to Jamie and kissed her on the cheek “Especially you honey.” The boys grabbed Rodger’s trench coat and gloves, as well as some of his papers. Jamie was happy that her husband was home, it was nice having him back. Rodger then walked into his private office and whispered to the boys “Now I ought to be doing some important work won’t you know, so go and help your mother clean ok?” The boys sighed “But we want to see what your doing! Who are you writing letters to?”

Governor Bradford, it is always good to talk to you. My next few weeks will be busy and I can not travel much so early into my term in office, but I can afford to meet with you at the before the 6th in the New York State Executive Mansion.

I enjoy discussing with you too. That would be swell to meet in New York at the Executive Mansion. I will be over there in a hour and some change Mr. Fraser

Rodger waved goodbye to his family once again and took a plane from Pittsburgh to New York. He stood outside the gates of the Executive Mansion waiting for Fraser to meet him.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm

To: Senate Majority Whip and U.S Senator from Tennessee Earl Boone
Mr. Boone,
So long as there's plenty of whiskey, I'm always in a good mood to discuss politics with my clients and fellow senator alumnae.

Stop by my office any time, I'm anxious as to hear your proposals. I'm still going in this both ways, both for my beloved Mississippi and for a fleeting chance at kicking the shit out of President Davis. However, if you're persuasive enough so as to convince me a colored's chance in the deep south that we'd possibly make a good team either legislative wise or electorally speaking, I'm all ears.

P.S. I'll have to get completely wasted too, good for decision makin' I hear.

P.P.S bring lots of booze

P.P.P.S LOTS

Joshua Sharp
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Cybernetic Socialist Republics
Minister

Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Tom Fraser was more than willing to meet a fellow governor, democrat or, outside the Mansion and lead him in himself. He had only been on the job for a few days and it was better to establish these connections sooner rather than later for the sake of his time in the Governorship. Particularly since, Governor Bradford's letter suggested, he wanted to discuss the upcoming presidential election. I was unsure what what specifically Bradford wanted to discuss, given that Bradford was a Democrat, but it'd likely be worth discussing none the less.

"Good to see you Governor." Fraser said, holding his hand out for a handshake. He wanted to lead Bradford to his office as soon as possible, chances were there'd be discussing sensitive issues, and Fraser was one to prefer secrecy be kept whenever it could be.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 pm

President Davis,

My last name is Matamoros, but Congressman Juan is fine. I would like to come to the White House — many of these problems can only be fixed face to face.

Thank you for your concern,

Last edited by Madrinpoor on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Madrinpoor wrote:President Davis,

My last name is Matamoros, but Congressman Juan is fine. I would like to come to the White House — many of these problems can only be fixed face to face.

Thank you for your concern,

(Image)

President Henry Davis, sat waiting in the Oval Office for Congressman Matamoros. He sat signing papers and listening to the radio as his granddaughter played on the floor around his desk, little did she know that the meeting that was about to take place may change politics for a whole generation.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Juan Matamoros knocked on the President's door. A lot was riding on this — the rights of thousands of Latinos, not to mention Matamoros's political future, were at stake.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Madrinpoor wrote:Juan Matamoros knocked on the President's door. A lot was riding on this — the rights of thousands of Latinos, not to mention Matamoros's political future, were at stake.

Davis continued looking at the paperwork before looking towards his granddaughter, "Please answer the door for Poppa will you dear?" the girl stood and walked over to the door and opened it, Henry looked towards the door and simply said, "Come in Representative," after the Congressman walked in, Henry continued with his paperwork as he spoke to the Congressman again, "Sit." he said forcefully, before laying down his pen and looking up towards the man sitting across from him, "Welcome to the Oval Office, Congressman..." Davis said trying to figure out the man's name, "Congressman, Matalonia?"

Garkland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Garkland » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:(Image)

Tom Fraser was more than willing to meet a fellow governor, democrat or, outside the Mansion and lead him in himself. He had only been on the job for a few days and it was better to establish these connections sooner rather than later for the sake of his time in the Governorship. Particularly since, Governor Bradford's letter suggested, he wanted to discuss the upcoming presidential election. I was unsure what what specifically Bradford wanted to discuss, given that Bradford was a Democrat, but it'd likely be worth discussing none the less.

"Good to see you Governor." Fraser said, holding his hand out for a handshake. He wanted to lead Bradford to his office as soon as possible, chances were there'd be discussing sensitive issues, and Fraser was one to prefer secrecy be kept whenever it could be.

Bradford held onto his hand keeping a soft but firm grip on it
“Good to see you as fell Fraser. Now where are we to discuss our important business?”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse