NATION

PASSWORD

So Will It Be RP - [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Johnathan McBryde
December 7th

Cigarette smoke floated over the motor of this old diesel ford, it was a work truck that had a bad alternator. A simple fix, but it was a company vehicle that had been brought into the shop, and they wanted a number of other mundane services to be done while it was in. Just the perfect way to start a Monday, doing dummy chores. Johnathan sighed, put out his cigarette and got to work, pulling out his tools, wrenches, ratchets, and sockets of all sizes. He'd take his time, he could fix the truck in a few hours but the computer system they used said they couldn't charge them for any less than a day's work. Just normal bullshit.

That's about how every day went in the shop. Arrive, work, smoke, leave. Simple. Johnathan had been doing this for a few years now, and he normally ended his day in a local bar, that's how he met most of his friends in town, like Beau. Johnathan couldn't wait for the hunting trip they had planned, he was taking an extra long weekend for it. Nothing like casual drinking and shooting to break the monotony of one's life. The newsmen were going crazy about this or that, shitty politics, a murderer at large, a mystery disease in Africa. All the same, bad news on top of a boring life. It'd be good to ignore it for a few days or so.

Johnathan McBryde
December 20th

They couldn't find enough gas. They barely had enough to get out of the city, let alone back into the woods. Even then was that a good idea? Yeah, they had cold weather gear, but it was meant for normal cold weather on normal days, not extended stays with the potential of harsh weather. If every town was like this, than maybe it was better to deal with freezing temperatures. South was an option, but they didn't have the gas for it. Fucking hell. He thought as Beau tried to siphon gas, looking wildly around as they tried to keep as incognito as one could in the middle of an active warzone. Then he saw movement, not one of the limping walkers, but a formation with uniforms, and civilians intermixed.

"Hey, we got some people coming down the street." Johnathan said.

"Think they saw us?" Beau asked.

"Now way they haven't." He replied. Who couldn't see two fucking looters on the side of the road, armed and pilfering gas.

"Fucking Christ man." Beau iterated, echoing Johnathan's own thoughts.

The two took cover behind the hood of the car they were trying to get gas from, before the man killed a walker attacking another nearby group.

"Cease fire, we're friendly and coming out." Johnathan said, approaching slowly, his rifle with it's muzzle pointed downwards toward the ground. "I'm Johnathan and this is Beau." He said, motioning to his friend. Conversation about transportation arose, and Johnathan chimed in. "Didn't you ride in on some Humvees or some shit?" He asked. "I mean, I got my own truck but no gas." He said, referencing the almost empty gas can that Beau was holding.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:07 pm

Andrew Castle

A lot of things happened after Shin died in front of Jerry and Andrew. The Guardsman who saved Andrew went up to examine Shin's body. He was naturally dead as a doornail. Nothing that could be done, especially with the major gash in the neck. Jerry only looked depressed, which Andrew noticed. Andrew didn't know much about Jerry, only assuming that Shin was one of Jerry's long-time friends. There was a radio broadcast from one of the abandoned cars, but Andrew didn't hear it. He wasn't focused on it. He was trying to process all of this chaos. Even as some more of those...people were in the shadows about to reach them. However, the fires from nearby and some perhaps other unfortunate victims were what were distracting them from attacking the group.

Now, the group was discussing on how the hell they were supposed to get outta town, which was exactly what Andrew was planning. "This here is my car!" Andrew said, joining the conversation. "There's only 3 seats available, since I'm driving. But I need to stop by my house, before I can drive the car out of here." Andrew further explained. He then remembered something. He actually did have something he could use. He used his car keys to unlock his car trunk, where he opened it. "What are you doing?" Jerry asked, as he wasn't paying attention to Shin's lifeless body on the ground. Andrew pulled out a flashlight and a tire iron. It was the only thing in the trunk that was useful. They were meant to be for emergencies, but he was in an emergency as of now.

He shut the trunk, as he went to the driver's seat door to unlock his car. He had the door open, as he stood by it. "Look, all of us need to get the hell out of here! I don't know about you, but if we stay here, the whole town catch on fire!" Andrew explained, as Jerry wanted to stay with the group and the military.

However... unaware to both Andrew and Jerry, the latter whom was standing directly near to Shin's dead body.. his corpse started to twitch and slowly move. Having reanimated from the Kongo virus.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:38 pm

Ben Wilson

"Everybody..." Ben began to speak up as a small group of 'rioters' began to appear from behind a nearby building. "Whatever we do we have to do it quickly, there's more of them comi-- WHAT THE HELL?!" His train of thought was interrupted by what seemed like a reanimation of a recently deceased man. Ben's concerned look and words drew the attention of the group as he himself began to step away from Shin, not equipped nearly well enough to fend off a potential attacker. At this point Ben was tired and terrified, the distraction from leaving the town in form of an additional attacker putting him even more on edge.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:44 pm

Andrew Castle

Before any of the Guardsmen could react, Shin suddenly rose from the ground and immediately lunged at Jerry's non-wounded leg. He grabbed it with both hands, as he tilted his head sideways, pushing his teeth directly into his calf. Jerry immediately screamed in pain, as Andrew gripped his tire iron. He saw what was happening to Jerry, but he saw the group of "rioters" approaching them. "Guys! Help him! We need to get out of here!" Andrew yelled, as he immediately entered his car. He needed to start his car up, so he can escape before the rioters could show up.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 pm

Burling Streets.
Burlington, Vermont
December 20, 2020
Echo Squad (McRay, Speck, Reynolds, Harrison, Mendez,Nonato)

"I have a... car." Ben responded. "But it's parked a good walk from here."

Sonofabitch, was McRay's first thought as he let out a sigh of frustration, a car being a walk away was not useful at the moment. As he pondered in and awaited more responses he hoped that Rockwell and Mendez had begun getting the truck ready to roll. He wanted to get the group out of the streets fast and having to walk for a car wouldn't cut it.

One of the men who had joined the group as it had arrived to the scene then chipped.

"Didn't you ride in on some Humvees or some shit?" He asked. "I mean, I got my own truck but no gas." He said, referencing the almost empty gas can that Beau was holding.

"Humvee brought us in, it left once the chaos started... Siphoning gas isn't gonna cut it, we need to leave ASAP." McRay responded as he scanned around for a few seconds.

"This here is my car!" Andrew said, joining the conversation. "There's only 3 seats available, since I'm driving. But I need to stop by my house, before I can drive the car out of here." Andrew further explained. He then remembered something. He actually did have something he could use. He used his car keys to unlock his car trunk, where he opened it. "What are you doing?" Jerry asked, as he wasn't paying attention to Shin's lifeless body on the ground. Andrew pulled out a flashlight and a tire iron. It was the only thing in the trunk that was useful. They were meant to be for emergencies, but he was in an emergency as of now.

He shut the trunk, as he went to the driver's seat door to unlock his car. He had the door open, as he stood by it. "Look, all of us need to get the hell out of here! I don't know about you, but if we stay here, the whole town catch on fire!" Andrew explained, as Jerry wanted to stay with the group and the military.

Finally, someone useful. McRay thought as he had a slight smile from underneath his gas mask.

"Alright then, get your car behind Rockwell's truck, 6 people should fit in it, It'll be a tight fit but it's better than walking," McRay then turned to face Ben, "We get to your car and you get it behind the convoy at double time understood?"

Ben didn't seem to take much notice of what McRay had said as he had a near mortified look on his face, looking over to a nearby building where dozens of infected began appearing from.

"Everybody..." Ben began to speak up as a small group of 'rioters' began to appear from behind a nearby building. "Whatever we do we have to do it quickly, there's more of them comi-- WHAT THE HELL?!"

The next thing that McRay and Harrison knew the once dead man had risen from the grave and was attacking his supposed friend, everyone back away mortified at the sight. This was impossible, it was like the scene with the mayor but McRay had assumed that he was stricken by the virus, this man was dead, he had died a few minutes ago and now he was back. It can't be...

Guys! Help him! We need to get out of here!" Andrew yelled, as he immediately entered his car. He needed to start his car up, so he can escape before the rioters could show up.

McRay wouldn't waste any more time as he aimed his rifle at the once dead Shin and fired a single shot directly at the man's head, that had seemed to do the trick, shooting at the head of these crazed monsters.

"EVERYBODY IN THE TRUCK AND IN THE CAR, MOVE IT PEOPLE, NOW!" McRay said as he opened up the door to Rockwell's truck bedrear, Mendez was already on top, her rifle at the top as people began to load into the truck bed. Harrison for his part had begun helping up the wounded Jerry, loading him up on the back of Andrew's car.

"I'll take this car sarge, we'll be right behind you!" Harrison yelled out as he entered the co-pilot seat of Andrew's vehicle.

"Got it corporal, don't stray!" McRay acknowledged as he helped several people up on the truck's bed. Other survivors entered the passenger seats of Rockwell's car. With everyone loaded in, McRay looked over to Ben.

"Where's your car?"
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:37 am

Ben Wilson

Arengin Union wrote:"Got it corporal, don't stray!" McRay acknowledged as he helped several people up on the truck's bed. Other survivors entered the passenger seats of Rockwell's car. With everyone loaded in, McRay looked over to Ben.

"Where's your car?"

"The Evergreen Motel." Ben was seated not that far away from the Sergeant. "It's on the outskirts of the town, South of here, I think."

As the newly formed caravan began to move further away from the City Hall, the car's radio came on, briefly playing static before broadcasting the following message:

This message is broadcasted at the request of the Vermont State Police Department. This is not a test. Please stand by for the following instructions:

The civil authorities have declared a state of emergency in Chittenden County, Vermont, following reports of violent rioting in Burlington, Vermont. The National Guard will take action to restore peace in the city. The local authorities have issued a shelter in place order for all of the residents of the Chittenden County. If you are in Chittenden County, seek shelter immediately. Make sure that your place of shelter is secure. Lock all doors. Cover the windows. Do not attempt to use the phone line, unless in emergency. Close all blinds and close your fireplace.

Please keep shelter until further update. Medical aid may not be immediately available. If you are located in Chittenden County please stand by for further updates.

The passengers of the car were captivated by the message. The only person that couldn't pay full attention was the driver, who was now attempting to navigate the labyrinth of wrecked cars, some of them turned over or crashed. Thankfully, there wasn't a person in sight - rioter or not. A pillar of smoke rose up behind them, most likely the job of whoever was leading the attackers. After the message had ended the radio was turned down a little, to mute the annoying sounds of the EAS.

Turning back to the Guardsman, Ben spoke once again. "My name's Ben, by the way. Ben Wilson."

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:50 pm

Burlington, Vermont
December 20, 2020
DSS Special Agent Esther Pryzbylewski
One Foot In The Grave

City hall sounded like an ok plan, but the airport sounded like the better idea if they wanted to take flight. A feeling brewed in Esther’s stomach, a mixture of fear and guilt. She felt rotten about leaving her partner behind, but she recognized he should have been dead. People didn’t survive that, and it seemed to be a reoccurring theme tonight. Things, she suspected, would only get worse. The absence of a response from her commanders and anyone on the radio highlighted that.

Running from groups of unknown people that chased them was taking its toll. The stiffness from the accident causing her to slow, her breathing stumbling as she continued to keep trot going went block to block. Every time they got far enough away from one group, another two or three showed to take their place. She realized it wouldn’t be sensible to continue running like this. Not while dealing with the aftermath of the impact. Esther shifted her concern to finding a new vehicle. Anything that could get them to ground.

Her eyes looked on what looked like a cruiser. The age-old Crown Victoria marked with Burlington police livery sitting in the middle of the road. Engine off, driver door ajar, showing abandonment. It was a good enough option as any, if it had keys, and did not have any other myriad of issues that could plague it. “Hey. The cop car. Let’s go.” Esther said, jogging towards the door as she peaked into the vehicle. The keys sat in the ignition, dangling from the port. Jackpot, so long as the battery wasn’t dead. Jump starting was not an option right now.

Esther climbed inside. Turning the keys and starting the engine. The vehicle chugging to life as she slammed the door shut. Looking around, Esther found the weapon rack empty. The only remains of the owner were two fast food wrappers that remained jammed between the seats. The vehicle’s scanner buzzed with life. Shouting and panicking ringing through the small handset. Dispatchers hurriedly attempting to organize whatever units were still active. Everyone was struggling to deal with whatever it was. It wasn’t just Esther and the young stranger that sat beside her, who was white as a sheet. Esther realising that city hall perhaps wasn’t a good idea.

Putting the vehicle into drive, she got it moving. Driving down the street as the group of three caught up to the rear bumper. Them being left in the dust by the vehicle’s moderate pace. “Which is the most direct exit? We got to get out of town.” Esther explained, trying to maneuver the way out of the neighbourhood. Doing her best to adhere to the directions that the girl gave out. Happy that she at least seemed to know to know the way out. It was a step in the right direction. Esther would have got lost if she’d tried it herself.

Driving along, Esther noticed a group of people around vehicles. Several of them with what looked like national guard amongst them. Their MOPP suits making them distinctive from the civilians. It was the first sign of normal people that she’d seen outside of her passenger, and probably the best option to figuring out what was going on. Several of those things seemed to trail after them. They were leaving, however, and anywhere was better than here. But it looked like they didn't have enough vehicles for the entire group.

“We’re going to follow ‘em.” Esther spoke. Pulling up in front before making a U turn to face the direction they planned on heading. Clambering out back into the cold, rifle at a low ready, Esther opened the back doors to the cruiser. “Where are you guys going? I got room here!” She shouted, her cajun accent coming through heavy as she signalled anyone still not in a vehicle towards her with her free left hand. "Move! Move! Move!"

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Connie Harland
December 20th, 2020
Burlington, Vermont
Double Hockey Sticks

Panting. Sweating. Did she even notice the hair stuck to her cheek? No, for if she did her focus on the art of sprinting would end, and she would trip over her own feet more than she already was. The mind was turned on its axis, not bothered by the tiring muscles in her legs or the pounding in her head. The low growls of corruption encroached the pair on either side, hiding in alleyways, crawling from gutted homes and battered cars. What, precisely, was happening? There were no thoughts in her mind as to the how or the why, but rather the what. In the end, none of the questions mattered beyond peace of mind, hopeless attempts to explain that which could not. It made survival easier; a pathetic mechanism to attribute human meaning to that which was not human.

The blood still crept from her nose and her forehead. Did they smell it? The pitter patter of their feet on the asphalt of an empty road were the tones of death, an enticing script to reckon refuge or damnation at the hands of the woman with the rifle. Who was she? Well, she was the one with the gun. That was that; she knew more, she knew better, so Connie followed. There was nary a word spoken between either during their run. It would have been silent, had they not been slapping their shoes upon wet road or the insane humans were not groaning from the flanks. They seemed to run forever, passing the same houses and circles and creatures of darkness in every frame. The one with the gun broke this cycle, happening upon an empty police car.

Connie stared at it. She wasn’t sure how she felt about stealing a police car; that was illegal. This woman must have been a cop though, right? Some sort of federal agent or military? The armor she wore said DHS… what was that? Department of Homeland Security? Who the hell was this woman? While Connie could not attribute human characteristics to those who pursued, she could on the one with the gun. Who? What? Where? Why? How? Who was the one with the gun? An unimportant prospect, as Connie was forced into the police car by her legs alone. She didn’t care if she got in trouble later; this woman was her only chance at survival. She was asking a question now, as if Connie were the expert on Burlington. Though, she supposed from the fed’s attire, she might as well have been between the two. Connie stared out the windshield, stopping inches from it to see through the dark. The adrenaline was beginning to drop, and her muscles had begun to sag and croak, she needed food, or water, or anything-

“...take a left up here. It,” she gasped for air, “leads to 127. Backroads, there’s, there’s backroads.”

She only could hope the fed would assist in this endeavor; it was soon enough that she brought the car to a halt, in front of what appeared to be a group of humans unaffected. Connie had begun to fear they were the last ones left.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Burling Streets.
Burlington, Vermont
December 20, 2020

"The Evergreen Motel." Ben was seated not that far away from the Sergeant. "It's on the outskirts of the town, South of here, I think."

It was in that moment that McRay noticed another vehicle joining behind them, a police cruiser of all things and the driver seemed to be offering people a ride. Though he'd be hard-pressed to see who were these newly arrived people he knew the group had no more time to waste.

"Harrison, keep an eye on the people behind you got it, we're heading towards the Evergreen hotel down on highway 7," McRay called over his shortwave comms.

"Got it sarge," Harrison answered as he looked over to Andrew, "Evergreen hotel, keep close to the sarge got it?"

Slamming on the top of the car McRay yelled out to the driver, "Head on through South Willard and into 7, should get us out of town fast!"

He took a seat on the side of the truck's bed, holding on tightly with one hand as he held onto his M4 with the other, the small convoy passed by a devastarded town as McRay saw wrecked cars, entire buildings burning down, and could hear gunfire from afar in all directions. He felt suffocated by his mask, at this point he had come to realize it wouldn't help much for him to keep wearing it as he unstrapped it and took it off, his face revealing a man in his 30's with a short stubble and empty eyes. He felt exhausted, his foot lightly tapping on the truck's bed as he looked onwards with a monotone expression and a feeling of dread as to everything that had happened, Mendez felt the same way but she'd never voice it as she kept her rifle and eyes forward.

The Radio began to broadcast in that moment.

This message is broadcasted at the request of the Vermont State Police Department. This is not a test. Please stand by for the following instructions:

The civil authorities have declared a state of emergency in Chittenden County, Vermont, following reports of violent rioting in Burlington, Vermont. The National Guard will take action to restore peace in the city. The local authorities have issued a shelter in place order for all of the residents of the Chittenden County. If you are in Chittenden County, seek shelter immediately. Make sure that your place of shelter is secure. Lock all doors. Cover the windows. Do not attempt to use the phone line, unless in emergency. Close all blinds and close your fireplace.

Please keep shelter until further update. Medical aid may not be immediately available. If you are located in Chittenden County please stand by for further updates.

The sole reaction from McRay was a single and brief sigh, he didn't know what was truth in that broadcast or if any of it was even true. Mendez kept quiet, her glare sinking downwards and her chest compressing in a sense of anxiousness. Harrison had also heard the broadcast over Andrew's radio and he had nothing to comment on it either, it was all surreal and he still didn't know if this was real of all just a dream, he really wanted it to be the latter.

Soon after the radio went into EAS mode and was tuned down, to which one of the civilians, the one who had showed quite the initiative for being unarmed, spoke to McRay.

Turning back to the Guardsman, Ben spoke once again. "My name's Ben, by the way. Ben Wilson."

Nodding, McRay spoke up "Kyle, Kyle McRay. Staff sergeant from Massachusetts," the Sergeant then glanced over to the still somewhat distraught Mendez, "that's specialist Karen Mendez and Corporal John Harrison on the other car," Suddenly McRay shook his head as he then turned to the others in the truck's bed.

"Alright everyone, we're gonna start heading south towards the Evergreen motel, the National Guard should be setting up a secured defense perimeter soon so all we gotta do is get there and we'll get you all evacuated..."
"I do as I please"

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Ben Wilson

Arengin Union wrote:Nodding, McRay spoke up "Kyle, Kyle McRay. Staff sergeant from Massachusetts," the Sergeant then glanced over to the still somewhat distraught Mendez, "that's specialist Karen Mendez and Corporal John Harrison on the other car," Suddenly McRay shook his head as he then turned to the others in the truck's bed.

"Alright everyone, we're gonna start heading south towards the Evergreen motel, the National Guard should be setting up a secured defense perimeter soon so all we gotta do is get there and we'll get you all evacuated..."

Ben politely nodded at Mendez, who didn't seem to be in a very talkative mood. Trying to make the best out of the moment of peace, Wilson checked his phone only to discover that he had no reception. With no new messages he closed his eyes, finally able to rest. The snowy roads proved to be manageable as the lead driver of the caravan didn't seem to have much trouble getting to the motel.

Pulling into the parking lot, the group of cars came to a halt. Getting out of the truck's bed, Ben couldn't help but look back towards the city. A noticeable orange halo stretched across the night sky as pillars of smoke mixed with the clouds. Sounds of struggle and gunfire, so prevalent downtown, were now subdued, distant, more like a bad memory or a nightmare.

Looking around, Ben managed to locate his car easily, standing untouched not far from where the group had stopped. "That's my car." Ben said to McRay, pointing to the old station wagon. "I'll quickly grab something and then bring you the keys to the rooms. I know the owners." His answer, however chaotic, had to serve for the time being as the young man hurried up to his car. Opening the back door, he reached inside pulling out a seemingly unused wooden baseball bat. Locking the car doors once again, he jogged over to the motel reception.

"Annie!" Ben called out before noticing the elderly woman who sat in a soft chair, the back of her head facing the young man. "Annie, I'm back. I'm fine, you probably heard about the fair." He paused to catch his breath as the lady began to rise from her seat awkwardly, which wasn't all that shocking for a woman her age. "Actually, I don't know what you've heard... But it's a-- MESS, HOLY SHIT!"

Turning to face him, Annie Calder exposed a big, gaping wound on her neck. Her white night gown was now crimson, soaked in blood all the way down. Her wrinkly skin turned a mix of pale white and yellow, her eyes were blood shot and empty. Despite the severity of her injuries the woman was still able to walk, slowly closing the distance between the two of them.

Confused, Ben started to slowly step back towards the front door. "Annie? Annie are you okay?" Letting out a quiet groan, the elderly lady continued walking towards the retreating young man who was now close to the exit. "Are you okay Annie?" he asked once again, loosely holding his baseball bat. Whoever was standing outside was most likely oblivious to the scene unfolding right now, windows of the lobby covered by vintage curtains. Ringing the entrance bell as he opened the front door with his back, Ben most likely attracted the attention of the nearest person or two as he was followed by Annie outside.

Feeling more comfortable in a less confined space he stopped to speak to the elderly woman once again. "Annie, I don't know what happened, but we'll get you help okay? Just stand back, please." His interlocutor was largely unresponsive, continuing her walk towards Ben. "Annie, please, stay back." Grabbing the baseball bat with two hands, one at its base the other at its top, he was preparing to shove the lady back if need be. "Annie, I don't want to do this. Please." Ignoring his pleas, Annie continued to get closer and closer, eventually reaching out with her hands to grab Ben who decided to push his elderly friend back.

"I'm so sorry Annie." Ben said as the elderly woman landed on her behind. "But if you don't stop... I will have to defend myself..." He now gripped the bat with both of his hands at its base.

In spite of his please and requests Annie rose from the ground to attack Ben once more. With a heavy heart, the terrified young man swung the bat, the blow to her hip making a sickening crunching sound as the elderly woman fell to the ground once more - this time finding herself unable to get up. Despite her injuries, Annie continued her attempts to harm Ben, her arms stretched out towards Wilson.

Tears began to blur Ben's vision as he tried to collect his thoughts. Unsure what to do, he took a couple of steps back.
Last edited by Alozia on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Offer Erapia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Offer Erapia » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:06 pm

Simon, Burlington vermont

Simon was glad he found the group of people after all there was always safety in numbers. While he was catching his breath the apparent leader of the group, a man he'd later come to know as McRay, was discussing means of transportation. For a second He thought about his truck it was big and could definitely matched the requirements the armed soldier was looking for. He was about to speak but a few others had beat him to it. A man stepped forth mentioning a car and since a truck was already available Simon didnt bother. Plus he had everything that was important from his truck. And by important he meant his utility bag that hung on his back. It was hefty but had all the things he needed including some medical supplies. As everyone spoke about how they were going to escape, no one noticed the dead corpse that lay amongst the group move just the slightest bit.

It was a blur before his own eyes. He watched as the supposed dead man gave a small groan along with a sharp twitch or two. And before anyone could do anything the reanimated creature sat up and lunged for the closest person. He grabbed, and with a swift jerk of the head, tore into the mans calf with a sickening squelch. A piercing roar of agony split the cold air as the victim screamed in pain. Soon after cries and shouts soon erupted which, in turn, was drowned out by a single gunshot. The leader of the squadron had reacted quickly and swiftly raised his rifle and put a slug in the attackers head. The creature jerked once and slumped over and doon silence filled the atmosphere again.

"Everyone get loaded up, double time move it!!"

At his order everyone simultaneously began to move. Simon did the same quickly racing forward towards tye lowered tailgate of the truck. He unslung his bag and threw it in the bed he quickly followed stepping up and over. He sat on the right side behind the rear window. As others loaded up and squeezed in simon found himself pressed against the back of the cabin his burly frame working against him. The truck that him and several others had gathered to was suddenly brought to life with a turn of the key. The low grumble of the engine actually brought clarity to him. The metal beast suddenly lurched forward and they were off followed by a man who had volunteered his car earlier.

"So...where do we go from here?"

He asked the man across from him. The squad leader McRay who had just removed his mask revealing his face and a few seconds later his name. Simon hoped the man would divulge a little information to him knowledge was indeed power after all.

"Not to sound pessimistic, but, from the looks of the area around city hall. Local authorities are either completely busy or overrun."

He added his own brain slowly putting peices together like an overworked detective. As he did an ominous grumble sounded in his stomach. He had completely forgotten in the midst of chaos that he hadn't eaten since the day before. Reaching down and unzipping his bag he fished around his tools and retrieved a protein bar. He unwrapped it and took a few bites, not wanting to be greedy he fished around and pulled out a half empty box containing four or five more.

"There up for grabs if anyone wants one, I got a few water bottles too"

He stated cracking open a bottle of water taking a few healthy swigs to wash down the dry and crumbly taste.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:44 pm

Evergreen Motel
Burlington, Vermont
December 20, 2020

The trip to the motel was uneventful much to McRay's relief, the sounds of terror and war behind them as they got farther out from the town and into the outskirts. Trees and small houses adorning most of the road as McRay looked onwards with the same tired eyes he'd have when back in Afghanistan. He had indeed wished for action, he longed, he had craved for it but now all of those wishes were regrets as he thought back to Reynolds, Speck, Nonato. All of those men under his command had perished to an unknown disease that had snuck its way into the crowd like an invisible pestilence.

God, I didn't mean this, not here... McRay thought to himself as he continued to look onwards with nothing but doubts in his mind now.

Soon after the group had arrived to the motel, a quaint and calm scenery compared to the one from before as McRay stepped down from the truck as did Mendez. Ben spoke up to McRay at that moment as both men were out of the truck now.

"That's my car." Ben said to McRay, pointing to the old station wagon. "I'll quickly grab something and then bring you the keys to the rooms. I know the owners."

"Carry on then Wilson," McRay said as Mendez merely nodded to the civilian as he passed her by, she looked over to the sarge, pursing her lips she spoke up.

"How you feeling sarge?"

Glancing over to the specialist, McRay simply scoffed as he then looked back to the town behind them, an orange hue of destruction and distant gunfire far beyond.

"Same as anybody I guess," McRay spoke in a coarse voice. It was soon after that Harrison exited the vehicle he'd been in, approaching the two guardsmen the corporal scanned the motel around curiously.

"Sarge this ain't a very good place to stay, too exposed, you sure command might fall back here?"

"Never said it would Harrison, as far as I know, we're expendable to command. For now our priority is to stay alive and keep these civies alive, some are armed so they might be helpful," McRay answered, his voice a commanding one once more as he raised his eyes up and had a look of determination.

"The people in the police cruiser might be of use, the car could have weapons and God knows we'll need them."

"So plan is to dig in, sarge?" Mendez asked with confusion.

"For now, Mendez. We'll establish a perimeter at the entrance and hopefully, some more guardsmen may have had the same idea as us and are he-"

It was then that McRay's words were cut off by a commission not too far away.

"Annie, I don't know what happened, but we'll get you help okay? Just stand back, please." His interlocutor was largely unresponsive, continuing her walk towards Ben. "Annie, please, stay back." Grabbing the baseball bat with two hands, one at its base the other at its top, he was preparing to shove the lady back if need be. "Annie, I don't want to do this. Please." Ignoring his pleas, Annie continued to get closer and closer, eventually reaching out with her hands to grab Ben who decided to push his elderly friend back.

"I'm so sorry Annie." Ben said as the elderly woman landed on her behind. "But if you don't stop... I will have to defend myself..." He now gripped the bat with both of his hands at its base.

In spite of his please and requests Annie rose from the ground to attack Ben once more. With a heavy heart, the terrified young man swung the bat, the blow to her hip making a sickening crunching sound as the elderly woman fell to the ground once more - this time finding herself unable to get up. Despite her injuries, Annie continued her attempts to harm Ben, her arms stretched out towards Wilson.

Tears began to blur Ben's vision as he tried to collect his thoughts. Unsure what to do, he took a couple of steps back.

It was then that Annie's head would see a 9mm bullet pierce through her forehead as her body collapsed right onto the pavement onto her back. The shot came from none other than McRay, his M17 pistol out as he approached the scene from behind Ben. Harrison and Mendez both had their rifles up as they too approached the scene right behind McRay.

"Corporal, secure the building and make sure there's no more infected, take Mendez!" McRay said as he pulled Ben away from Annie's body, his pistol still fixed on the dead receptionist.

"Go it sarge," Harrison answered as he and Mendez approached the entrance of the building and slowly entered, their rifles raised as they went into the room slowly.

"Sorry about that, but I'm not taking any more chances at this point..." McRay said to Wilson as he holstered his sidearm.
"I do as I please"

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:35 pm

Arengin Union wrote:"Corporal, secure the building and make sure there's no more infected, take Mendez!" McRay said as he pulled Ben away from Annie's body, his pistol still fixed on the dead receptionist.

"Go it sarge," Harrison answered as he and Mendez approached the entrance of the building and slowly entered, their rifles raised as they went into the room slowly.

"Sorry about that, but I'm not taking any more chances at this point..." McRay said to Wilson as he holstered his sidearm.

Shocked, Ben watched as his now former friend was shot by the Guardsmen. He flinched as the gun fired, too paralyzed to have a visible emotional reaction. Ben didn't put up any resistance as McRay began to pull him away from the scene, looking in disbelief at Annie's body.

"Keys are behind the counter in a small box hanging on the wall. You can't miss it." The young man told the Sergeant expressionlessly before heading towards his room. He kept up a poker face until he reached his accommodations. Locking the door behind him, he collapsed to the ground sobbing. His back pressed against the wall, he sat on the floor for a good couple of minutes before collecting himself enough to get up and go to the bathroom. Washing his hands and face Ben began to collect himself, his breath slowing down, his hands shaking less and less.

Returning to the bedroom, he picked up his phone to see that he now had reception and, what's more important, countless missed calls, text and voice messages from a number of people, all expressing concern for his safety and well being. From what Ben could gather the Christmas Fair was now national news, with every news outlet covering the mayhem that transpired.

Dialing Laurie, Ben put his phone on speaker before laying down on the bed, his head softly hitting the mattress. His call was taken almost immediately.

"Ben, Ben are you okay?"
A voice on the other end called out, a slight French accent could be heard coming out of the speaker.

"I'm fine I just... it was a lot."

Ben's voice was raspy, clearly tired after the day's events.

"Where are you now?"
"I'm at a motel, the same place as usual. I got here with a bunch of people..."

Ben sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too, Ben... Look, I'm not sure if you know but things are getting bad here."
"What do you mean?"

"The looting, rioting - it's not only in Burlington. New York, Toronto, Montreal..."
Laurie sighed.

"It's getting really bad."
"Montreal?"

Ben got up from the bed, concerned.

"Where are you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm on a train, going to my parents in Nova Scotia."
"So you're out of the town? Thank god."

Laurie chuckled.

"I didn't know you were religious."
Ben smiled.

"You know I'm not. I'm just happy to hear you're safe."

"Me too."
"Laurie, you said New York was bad?"

"Yeah."
"My mom..."

"Ben, listen. It's bad, like really bad. Don't go ba--"

The call ended abruptly. "Laurie? Laurie?" Ben called out, to no avail. The only response he received was the beeping sound made by his phone, letting him know the connection was in fact disrupted. He tried to call his boyfriend multiple times, with no success. Concerned, he didn't leave a voice message because it's not 1993, opting to call his mother instead. Unable to reach her as well, Ben sighed and - having spent a considerable amount of time in his motel room - went outside to convene a meeting of the "survivors".

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:35 pm

Andrew Castle

"Come on! Come on!" Andrew had his car key into the ignition, as he was turning the key to get the engine started. After a second or two, the car veered to life, as Andrew had the gear set to reverse, peeling out from the parking space. Jerry was still wounded, as he was in the backseat of the car, while one of the soldiers Harrison was at the passanger seat next to Andrew. "Evergreen hotel, keep close to the sarge got it?" Harrison ordered Andrew, as he kept the car close to the truck. "Jerry! How are you holding up?" Andrew asked Jerry, as he was in a midst of pain. "My legs feel like they are being ripped away by razor blades!" Jerry said, as he was trying to keep himself awake. "Don't worry, when we get to the motel, we can get your legs healed!" Andrew said to give the injured man some hope.

He immediately got the car behind Rockwell's truck, as he followed it. He turned on the car radio, as he heard an emergency announcement.

"State of emergency? Shit.. What is happening?" Andrew thought, as he had the car follow the truck. He looked to his driver's side window to see several cars wrecked on the side of the street. This was no riot, he kept wondering. It was like an actual war. Several cars must have crashed, while to escape from the scene. A police cruiser was following behind them, which Andrew took note of. It took a while, but they all ended up pulling into the parking lot of the Evergreen motel. "Get some aid for Jerry. I need to check in with your superior about stuff at home." Andrew told Harrison, as he got out the car to get Jerry out of the car. "Jerry, how are you holding up?"

"I feel like shit.." Jerry muttered, as Andrew got him out from the backseat of the car, where Jerry ended up sitting next to Andrew's parked car. "We're going to see if we can get a medkit or something." Andrew explained, but things at the Evergreen Motel weren't so easy. A shot rang out, as Andrew saw that the leader of the squad had killed another people. Andrew looked to see who it was to see a woman with a gaping neck wound. "Damn.."

The next thing that Andrew needed to do was inform McRay about what he needed from his house. He was already safe at the motel, but he had supplies back at the house that could be used on the road. "Excuse me, Sgt. Is it?" Andrew adjusted his glasses, before continuing to ask McRay. "We need to get Jerry some aid. We don't know how long he can hold out without proper medical attention. There is a bunch of stuff back at my house near the Centennial Woods Natural Area that can be used. There should be antibiotics and some food to get." Andrew explained to McRay, though he didn't know if the Guardsman would let him head back.

RPs I do

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Evergreen Motel
Burlington, Vermont
December 20, 2020

In the moment after McRay had put an end to Annie the sergeant took notice of Ben's distraught expression as he went nearly emotionless for a moment, he pointed out the location of the keys to the several rooms of the motel.

"Keys are behind the counter in a small box hanging on the wall. You can't miss it."

McRay watched as Ben simply walked away towards what he could only assume was his room. He hadn't enjoyed having to do the things he had in the spam of only a few hours, killing fellow Americans, his own men. He truly had come to regret his wishes for action, to see any type of action, he had gotten that fulfilled and it had brought down hell on Earth by every single look of it. McRay had to shake himself from the pensiveness of it all as he still had a squad, however small, to lead and people to keep safe.

"Harrison, keys are behind the counter, small box." McRay called out as both Harrison and Mendez were entering the lobby of the motel, Harrison simply nodded as he went behind the counter cautiously and indeed there was the box. Mendez kept her rifle up and her mind focused on watching out for any more of these possessed people. She felt a tingling on her bandaged hand, though the crazy hadn't pierced much he had left quite an impact on the Guardsmen as her eyes remained widened and her lips stern.

"Hey... Your arm okay?" Came the voice of Harrison from behind the counter, his M16 lined down.

Mendez nodded rapidly as she gave a thumbs up with her other hand.

"Never better, let's clear out this place..."

Harrison's eyes drifted from Harrison's bite are to her face as he then nodded and raised his rifle.

"Let's get to it then," Harrison said as the pair continued on into the motel's lobby area.

Meanwhile McRay had to deal with everything else outside as he removed his helmet and set it onto Rockwell's truck bed, he took a deep breath and pulled his hair back. He was sweaty, felt exhausted and had seen more action in a couple of hours than he'd ever seen since becoming a Guardsmen. He looked around the various survivors scattered around the motel's parking lot, he did not really know what to do at this point but he knew that they'd more likely expect something from him. He was certain than Command was scrambling at this point, he and his squad did not matter and as such he doubted that Driscoll would even bother trying to find them at all, especially after what had happened with the chopper.

No men left behind my ass, McRay thought to himself as he then slammed the truck's bed hard. It was then that Andrew, the man who had driven the car with the wounded Jerry approached the sergeant.

"Excuse me, Sgt. Is it?" Andrew adjusted his glasses, before continuing to ask McRay. "We need to get Jerry some aid. We don't know how long he can hold out without proper medical attention. There is a bunch of stuff back at my house near the Centennial Woods Natural Area that can be used. There should be antibiotics and some food to get." Andrew explained to McRay, though he didn't know if the Guardsman would let him head back.

McRay pursed his lips as he gave his attention to the man's proposal. Extra medicine and food would be good to have as he wasn't sure just how much they'd be able to gather in the motel alone. But then there was the issue of the infected and how unpredictable the situation as a whole had become. He pondered the idea of going off to the man's home and scrounging up everything they could, but that would open up a can of worms. If they went off to venture back to this one person's homes for supplies tjem more people would demand to do the same and others would even want to split off and though he knew he could not force them to stay he also knew that at this point it was a numbers game and he still had hopes, however unlikely, that the Guard would regroup soon.

"I think we need to come up with a plan of action all together for now," McRay said with a comprehensive tone although his expression was a typical stone faced one of command.

"I understand that your friend is hurt and I give you my word that we'll do everything we can for him, but right now everything is too hectic and dangerous at the moment. I can't spare the time to go venture out for supplies nor do I want to risk lives. For now we must focus on staying alive together until the rest of the Guard arrives, got it," McRay finished off as he patted the man's shoulder and walked off over to Harrison and Mendez who had just exited the lobby area.

"Everything's clear for now, whatever attacked that lady probably drifted off," Harrison said as he handed over the box of keys to McRay.

"Alright, but keep your eyes peeled regardless, I dont want any surprises... and we need to get that body out of here and that man's friends need medical attention." McRay said whilst inspecting the multiple keys.

"There's a first aid kit in the lobby, I can try to patch him up until medics arrive." Mendez said while strapping her M4 on her back.

"Get to it then soldier," McRay said with a slight smile. He felt relieved that Mendez and Harrison were alive, a big help in this hellhole they were now stuck with. Mendez merely nodded as she went off for the kit and soon she arrived back to the worried Andrew.

"Where's you friend at?" She asked, ready to provide assistance.

Meanwhile McRay had set the key box on the truck's bed as he then tried to find a signal on his transceiver.

"Getting anything?" Harrison asked with concern.

"Not a blip..." McRay said with resignation.

"What do you wanna do then, do we hike it out or dig in?" Harrison asked once more with concern in his voice.

Pursing his lips once more and pulling his hair back McRay glanced to Harrison.

"Lets gather everyone up, get a plan and hope that we can work together..." McRay said as he got on top of the trucks ned.

"On it then," Harrison murmured as he immediately began to clap his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Alright everyone, gather up on the lot, Sargent got a word to say!"

Having called on everyone attention McRay stood up and looked onto the crowd of survivors.

"Alright everyone, here's what we have to do. For now we're safe but we have to fortify this position, gather supplies like food and water and hopefully the National Gaurd will arrive in the coming days, any questions?"
"I do as I please"

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:10 am

Marcel Blackmore
Burlington, Vermont

brrrrrrrr...

Marcel sped along the road on his pickup truck, his lips sullenly silent and his eyes fixed at the black asphalt contrasting itself against the white snow of December. On the backseat were all the things he was able to grab before rushing out of the house that he and his family lived in. Well, former family, considering they were now... devoured. Devoured by gluttonous parodies of humanity, their dying screams still reverberating in his head as he drove away. Wife, son, and daughter; all dead.

He had been in the car, checking under its hood when it all started. At first, Marcel had dismissed those rumours of the dead rising back to life as drunken tales, but in the back of his head, he seriously considered the possibility.

He had been there, outside, when a charging horde of... crazy people jumped and ran around, biting and eating anyone that hadn't been lucky enough to get away at speed. The walking, no, running... moving dead were too fast for his wife and children, and they were-

"Damn it..." Marcel hit the dashboard with his hand. They should have left town earlier. It was all his fault that they're all dead. He was lucky enough; many cars were wrecked while trying to escape the whole mess with the infected; he managed to get out without crashing and dying himself.

And, now, he kind of regrets not dying. They were his reason for living, after all.

It wouldn't be long, though, before he spotted the Evergreen Motel. And, by some miracle, there were some unwrecled vehicles there, and people. Alive ones, at that. Not a horde of flesh monsters. He had enough of those after seeing them for the first time.

Putting on the backpack, Marcel then took the shotgun that he always kept in his trunk. With the weapon at the ready, he walked towards the motel, with the first person to greet him being a National Guardsman, who directed him inside. A sergeant of the Guard called for everyone to gather; it looked like they were digging in at the motel.

Quiet, the professor walked, almost aimlessly. He hoped to see a familiar face; maybe a student, or a colleague amongst the faculty of his workplace. Or a friend. Any of them would do.

Survive.
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Sapim
Envoy

Founded: Oct 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapim » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:21 am

OOC: can i participate in the PR, can i create a character to participate in the story?
Permanent Member of the USEA
Deputy Representative of the USEA
Likes to Kill Belkans

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Burlington, Vermont, Evergreen Motel
December 20, 2020
DSS Special Agent Esther Pryzbylewski
One Foot In The Grave

Things at the motel had gone from calm to screwed in a few minutes. Esther gawked in disbelief as an elderly-looking woman emerged from the building. Stained with blood, a large wound bored into her neck. Violence escalating when one survivor, a student from the looks of it, took a bat to the hip. A sickening crack resounding as she fell. Continuing to crawl almost unfazed before being straight out executed by the sergeant. Carried out like it was nothing special. Just another drop in the bucket. Confusion found her next as she stood with a flat expression, her hands clutching her rifle tight. Disgust forming in her stomach as she watched the man justify it as necessary. Eyes squinting at the corpse, trying to figure out what had just happened and why nobody seemed to be fazed by the sudden outburst of violent murder.

Bites seeming to be a reoccurring theme to the events transpiring. Esther was not senseless. She’d noticed it thrice already. It seemed to make those affected violent, but why such a drastic solution? They knew something she did not. But bloodshed was a leap. Esther struggled to justify it in her head. The woman could have been restrained. Especially with the damage to the hip that the man with the baseball bat had done. It just made scant sense. The prospect of doing something about it came to mind during the initial jolt. The sudden murder not sitting right with her. But the other guardsmen seemed onboard with it, and that had quickly eliminated the thought. Why there were merely three however made her anxious. It was one fireteam of dudes. There would have been typically more.

Esther watched as the sergeant began throwing out orders. Telling the three remaining squad mates to clear the motel for infected. A specific remark. The bite idea gaining more traction in her mind as she sauntered over to the carcass. Removing a flashlight from her pocket as she scrutinized the cadaver. Kneeling down on one knee as she drew close. Shining the beam across the damage on her neck. Esther’s eyes fluttering briefly as she studied. Her skin discoloured and pale. Eyes bloodshot. Multiple chunks missing. Ripped out external jugular vein. A mortal wound without intervention in around ten minutes. Holding the flashlight centre, Esther hesitated, her right cheek twitching. Her eyes skimming down to the woman’s nightgown, which was sodden in blood. No doubt having come from the very wound she looked at. She’d been dead longer than ten minutes. But even if the blood pressure had someone fallen low enough to keep her alive, it still didn’t make sense. It was another case where she shouldn’t even be upright, never mind walking. Consciousness with a loss of blood this extreme was unthinkable. Just like beforehand, with the disfigured corpse of her partner.

Dread plagued her. Eating away at her insides as she sought to rationalise what was developing. But no situation that she knew of came to mind backing up what she had seen. Denial, which she defaulted to previously, was long gone, having seen it three times. She couldn’t bypass the subject anymore. She couldn’t pass it off as a freak incident. Not within the brief span that they had taken place. Esther tried her best to confront the phenomena. That somehow, something was keeping these individuals not only alive, but conscious. But the absence of anything conclusive caused her mind to travel in circles. Playing out viable theories and answers over and over, only to be immediately quashed by the impossibility of it. Nothing made sense. Nothing followed a coherent path of rationale. The now dead woman in front of her and her mangled partner didn’t even follow the laws of her own body.

Stress bleeding in, her body craved sweet nicotine. Bringing on the profound yearning to smoke to the front of her mind. Hell, she wanted to smoke the whole pack. Standing up from the corpse, she holstered her flashlight. Her left hand rummaged around in her pocket, withdrawing a pack of Naturals. Quickly dropping her carbine to light up. Puffing away at the cigarette as she received the excessive quantity of nicotine for her addiction. Looking off, away from the motel. For a second, the dread fell into the background as she savoured each drag. Her mind wandering off from reality as she zoned out. But the body in the front of her brough her back to reality each time. Esther couldn’t tolerate looking at her anymore. The notion of discomfort lingering. She had to cover her up. Leaving the face down remains in the snowy motel with a void in both her neck and skull was indecent. Esther made her way to the patrol car she’d arrived in, going through the contents of the vehicle’s boot for something to drape over her.

Inside was not much. The previous inhabitants had obviously seized what they could carry. Esther’s eyes bouncing around from item to item within the dimly lit trunk. Surveying them thoroughly. A small carton of shotgun shells, magnum buck load, but no shotgun to feed it with. A twelve pack of mineral water. A multipack of chocolates bars. Various tools of the automobile. A first aid kit, and most importantly, a survival blanket. Esther grabbed it, finding stones to weigh it down against the strong breeze. Unravelling it over the deceased women as she stared on. The horrid feeling of having not done the right thing leaving. The hideous image now retired from sight but not from memory.

Her attention swiftly swung back to the scene illustrated within and around the parking lot of the motel. Watching as other “survivors” meandered aimlessly, a particular blankness in some of their eyes. A reaction to the abrupt onslaught of acute stress. The winter weather relegating many of them to their cars as it strove against them. Her ungloved fingers sting, her ears burning as she held adamant, maintaining watch. The only warmth felt being the hot tar being inhaled into her lungs. Darkness lingered around the area. Streetlights illuminating parts of the road gave some security, but things could nevertheless easily lurk within the blind spots. The monocle goggle attached to the mount on her helmet, tantalizing her with the prospect of blurry sight in the obscurity. But she had to save the batteries, even if the thing even worked after the crash. It was a fickle piece of equipment. Nowhere near as good as the contemporary generation pieces that the US army currently issued.

Esther read some of the survivors. Seeing their clothes splatted with blood and viscera. Putting the idea into her head She peered down at herself. Speckles of blood absorbed into the arms of her sweatshirt. A brief shudder shot up her spine. Disgust stretching right up it. She hoped whatever it was causing this wasn’t in the blood.

What if I got some in my mouth during the accident? What if it gets in through one of my many new cracks in my skin? Am I going to get sick? I need to get this shit off me.

Esther was kicking herself for not paying higher regard to whatever Sasser was investigating. She knew in her mind now that this was whatever he was looking into.

Her flash of realisation was cut short by a general meeting being announced. The national guard soldier stating clearly that the sergeant had something to say. Esther turning to face him, carbine in one hand pointed down as she continued to smoke her second cigarette. Not willing to suspend her vice for a general announcement. Esther felt herself deserving of it. Nobody interrupted that.

The sergeant's speech did nothing to relieve her concerns, merely bringing on new ones. Digging in? Gathering supplies? Rescue in the coming days? These sounded like lofty ideas. Nothing substantial. Esther knew the response to something on this scale would be hasty. Especially with the detachment they had here. She’d seen it with her own eyes. They almost well over a company in strength with several Stryker IFV’s to boot. Unless they’d been taking serious casualties, Esther knew they’d be deploying rapidly to something like this. And even if they didn’t, they’d certainly take notice if they didn’t. Chaos like this didn’t fly. It’d be a day at most. Esther kept her mouth shut, however. Standing steady. Expression blank. Digging in at this very moment wasn’t a terrible plan. But she had no intention of remaining long.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:47 am

Ben Wilson

Arengin Union";p="38439212" wrote:Alright everyone, here's what we have to do. For now we're safe but we have to fortify this position, gather supplies like food and water and hopefully the National Gaurd will arrive in the coming days, any questions?"

Fortify? Gather supplies?

"How long are you planning on staying here?" Ben asked, his attitude towards the Sergeant less cordial than before. "And from what I've overheard the Guard isn't keen on rescuing anyone."
Last edited by Alozia on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Connie Harland
December 20th, 2020
Evergreen Motel
New Digs

Connie didn’t like it; nor did she understand it.

The motel was cryptic and ashen. The rugs were certain to be nicotine-stained, and the walls were certain to peel to their baseboards. The parking lot was littered with wrappers, cans, and snow melt, each amalgamating near the one storm drain the motel possessed. She had assumed they would be far from Burlington from now, yet here they were. Trapped in some motel with a motley crew of… whoever. Where was the rest of the government? Where the military? FEMA? This was that disease that people had been talking about… wasn’t it? But this was unholy, this was fiction, this was incomprehensible doomsday. Where had they been taken? A measly, grimy hotel filled to the brim with people who had just as much an idea of what was going on as she did.

Connie waited in the car while her savior exited. The national guardsmen were shooting now; their rifles up, the leader with his pistol smoking over an old lady’s corpse. Why did he shoot her? Was she infected? You weren’t supposed to kill people with diseases, you were supposed to cure them. Who are you? This is fucked. You are fucked up. She sucked in a breath and gripped her door handle for any semblance of comfort. There was none to be found along cold vinyl. Her lips quivered, she trembled in her seat, her bony arms turned spastic. The man who had chased her into the car, the woman with the hole in her cheek… they were both dead, weren’t they? The woman hit her head hard, too hard. There would still be blood in the seat if it weren’t for the fire, the same inferno that the man went up in. You got them killed. Yes, I did. Is that correct? No, it’s that cop’s fault! If that bitch learned to drive you would be at the airport by now! You might be on the plane back home, even, wouldn’t you? Mom and dad miss you so much…

Connie glanced at the woman, who had begun to check over the blood on her shirt. There was blood on all of these people… including herself. Diseases were transferred by blood. She glared at the coat painting her jacket and down her mouth, pooling around the bottom of her eye. She wiped it away in her wrist. It was her own. Lucky. Upon recognition of her own mortality, she immediately checked the glovebox for the treasures in its gullet. A surgical mask, one size too big for her, a pair of medical goggles strung by elastic, and a box full of nitrile gloves. She scooped all of them out, placing the box into her bag, after donning the hodge-podge of pandemic supplies herself.

She got out of the car and walked into the parking lot, standing in silence. She tugged on her hat and stared at the dead woman. The soldier was talking nonsense now, but Connie couldn’t hear it. Something about fortification or supplies; gung-ho bullshit that men talked about when they got scared and shot people. The old woman was nothing human. The bullet that cracked her skull had sent her eyes spread apart, her nose tilted downward. Flaps of skin hung from the bloody wound. Her skin sunk into her skull, a brittle thing that had collapsed upon impact. Connie wasn’t sure of the culprit there; the bullet or the pavement. One of her fingers still twitched, tapping the air as if she were simply biding her time.

The savior woman returned from the car. When had she gone to the car? How long had it been? Connie’s focus lost, she walked over to the fed that had saved her. There was only one question on her mind, the only one she could bother to consider. “Are you a cop?” She looked up at the woman, staring from behind her goggles.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Offer Erapia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Offer Erapia » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Motel. Burlington, Vermont

Things had taken a pretty drastic turn once they got to the motel. Within the span of a few minutes a man who had claimed to know the people that ran the hotel was essentially attacked by a person whom he recognized. The motel owner perhaps but she wasn't alive, no, she had suffered the same fate as the ones before. From what Simon could see when the initial attack started was a giant chunk of flesh had been ripped from her throat. It was unsettling to say the least and once more goose flesh ran up his arms and chills down his spine. The man, however, was no coward quickly throwing off his attacker and crushing her hip with a swing of the bat. The prune, old lady took a step and faltered her crushed hip unable to support her weight. She fell with a thud soon after yet her will to feast on the living proved too strong. She slowly began to crawl after him her will only being broken by a thunderous boom from sgt. McRay's pistol.

The crowd of screams quickly died down as he holstered his sidearm. He soon cleared his throat and began to speak. His words rung true and even if it wasn't the best option it was a plan.

"How long are you planning to stay here?"

A voice rang from the ranks. A man that Simon would later come to know as Ben. His question was a valid one and one that also peaked simons interest. If it were up to himself simon would keep moving and get out of the city. But he wasn't in charge and he certainly didn't want to fight for the position either. So for the time being he stayed back and waited for the sergeants answer. As for supplies he still had water and food in his utility back along with his tools. To another person the bag may have felt like carrying a car but simons big frame aided him in that endeavor. Regarding back to the sarges order Simon glanced back at the hotel the windows could easily be boarded up he had a hammer but without nails it was a losing battle. Of course they could fine some there had to be a store around here somewhere, right?

Sapim
Envoy

Founded: Oct 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapim » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:53 am

Burlington, Vermont
December 1, 2020 9:00 PM
Ellie MacGregor

Finally I arrived in Burlington, parked my motorcycle in one of the several bars that exists in Burlington. I was looking for my twin brother Arthur who is part of the city's police force. He called me 2 days ago telling me to find him, he didn't say where, so I went to the place where he would surely be more I didn't find him anywhere so I started doing what I know best about drinking beer, two minutes later a man of about 1.80 meters, brown hair, muscular with farm clothes came in. at the bar he sat next to me and we started talking, flirting then we went to his ranch and we had a lot more very much same sex for 3 days straight, after 2 days I found my brother's bastard in the police station and started living with my brother and I never saw the farmer again.

Church. Burlington, Vermon
December 20, 2020

The city is in chaos, look at my situation I am 2 weeks pregnant thanks to that day at the Bar, thankfully I brought my weapons (laughs) my brother disappeared in the middle of the confusion when the soldiers started shooting at the population for a miracle I escaped unharmed and i ran away at the local church i'm seeing a group of people at the motel so far the church is the only safe and fortified place at the moment i'm going to launch a flag and hopefully they get here.
Permanent Member of the USEA
Deputy Representative of the USEA
Likes to Kill Belkans

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:06 am

Sapim wrote:post

OOC: Please do not post here if you have not been accepted. See the OOC thread for more information.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:39 pm

Evergreen Motel
Burlington, Vermont
December 20, 2020

So far it seemed that the crowd had no questions, which made McRay's life a bit easier as he did not want to deal with a panicked and much less so an angry crowd. He knew that for now, these people would listen to anyone with a uniform, humans tended to do that in moments of crisis, turn to the one person who seems to hold some level of authority. But McRay also knew that he could not hold onto a facade forever, if the Guard wasn't getting organized for some sort of relief effort then his words were nothing but hopeful delusions at best and outright lies at worst. It was then that Ben, the closest to some kind of civilian voice spoke up his mind.

"How long are you planning on staying here?" Ben asked, his attitude towards the Sergeant less cordial than before. "And from what I've overheard the Guard isn't keen on rescuing anyone."

McRay thought out the question as he looked onto the various other onlooking civilians and possibly what he hoped was a federal agent among them, she didn't seem terribly concerned with any kind of planning effort or even trying to calm down the air so at this point in time it was up to McRay and whatever remained of his squad.

"We do not foresee that we'll have to stay here long but we do need to gather up all immediate supplies and fortify our position in case of infected that may be roaming around," McRay answered as clearly as he could, keeping his voice tone loud so everyone could hear his response.

"The Guard will come," McRay was not sure if he truly believed those next words but he had to assure these people that they were not abandoned and hopeless, there had to be some kind of order.

"But for now the situation is hectic and unpredictable, but we are outside of the hot zone for now so what is best is that we keep ourselves grounded and work together and I assure you that we will see rescue soon enough!"
"I do as I please"

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:53 pm

Andrew Castle

"I think we need to come up with a plan of action all together for now," McRay said with a comprehensive tone although his expression was a typical stone faced one of command.

"I understand that your friend is hurt and I give you my word that we'll do everything we can for him, but right now everything is too hectic and dangerous at the moment. I can't spare the time to go venture out for supplies nor do I want to risk lives. For now we must focus on staying alive together until the rest of the Guard arrives, got it," McRay finished off as he patted the man's shoulder and walked off over to Harrison and Mendez who had just exited the lobby area.

Andrew listened to the Guardsman, as he finished with a pat on Andrew's shoulder. The Guardsman was trying to act fatherly to him, despite not knowing him. However, Andrew didn't know the full situation of it all. He didn't know if the Army was now at the town to enforce martial law, however seeing how the whole town was probably filled with what seemed to be cannibalistic lunatics, it was probably necessary. A female soldier approached Andrew to help assist with Jerry.

"Where's you friend at?" She asked, ready to provide assistance.

Andrew led her to Jerry, as he was still slumped against the car. He was growing more weak from what has happened, though he was infected with the Kongo Flu. "His leg got bitten. I don't know if he needs major care. This looks bad.." Andrew told her, as Mendez inspected the bite mark from Shin that was on Jerry's leg. "Damn.. Get to the Sergeant. He's going to take questions on what to do here, before reinforcements show up." Mendez ordered Andrew, as he went back to listen to McRay. McRay explained that the best course of action was to gather supplies and wait for more reinforcements. It was predictable, which Andrew thought. However, he wanted to try to contact his own parents. His phone still had reception. However, when he tried to make a call, it went straight to voicemail.

"Mom? Dad? Listen.. Something horrible happened in Vermont. I'm going to be ok. The news is probably going to report on it, but I'm fine right now. I'm still going to be stuck in town, until they sent some people to get us out of here, but I will see you for Christmas, don't worry.." Andrew said for his voicemail to his parents, in the hopes that they would receive it.

The problem was that Vermont wasn't the only place for the Kongo Flu to appear..

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse