NATION

PASSWORD

2024: Cold Interbellum (MT/AH/OOC/Dead/Reboot Coming Soon)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 pm

If you two wanted to approach the US for mediation that could be good IC posting.

PS: If the OP doesn't mind if you guys wanted to TG me your nations and lands claims I could make a map for us.
Last edited by Kelmet on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
As long as China accepts the Senkaku Islands to be Japanese, there will be no problem. As long as Korea accepts the Takeshima Islands to be Japanese, there will be no problem there either, so Japan will just focus on the Russian threat.

China will not accept this, but neither will it actively try to change the status quo. You don't make too much bombastic statements about Senkaku, and China will ignore the issue or at most issue some low-level announcement occasionally. Trying to solve the issue officially will cause more trouble than is worth to either of us.

So would drilling oil at the Senkaku become a problem?
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:
China will not accept this, but neither will it actively try to change the status quo. You don't make too much bombastic statements about Senkaku, and China will ignore the issue or at most issue some low-level announcement occasionally. Trying to solve the issue officially will cause more trouble than is worth to either of us.

It would be, yes. You can keep the islands, you can do fishing and other low level activities, but drilling will stir trouble. The current Chinese President wants good relations with Japan, but was elected on a nationalist populist "China First" platform, which means he would have to respond. So better to keep the current status quo.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:

It would be, yes. You can keep the islands, you can do fishing and other low level activities, but drilling will stir trouble. The current Chinese President wants good relations with Japan, but was elected on a nationalist populist "China First" platform, which means he would have to respond. So better to keep the current status quo.

The US has an Idea
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Sao Nova Europa wrote:

The US has an Idea

It would probably be best for the US to not break with its long lasting foreign policy regarding these islands. The US IRL recognizes the Senkaku, Kuril, and Takeshima to rightfully belong to Japan, and has made clear the US is committed in the security treaty to defend the Senkaku.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Kelmet wrote:The US has an Idea

It would probably be best for the US to not break with its long lasting foreign policy regarding these islands. The US IRL recognizes the Senkaku, Kuril, and Takeshima to rightfully belong to Japan, and has made clear the US is committed in the security treaty to defend the Senkaku.

Don't even wanna bring me in for mediation? without hearing my idea?
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Kelmet wrote:

Don't even wanna bring me in for mediation? without hearing my idea?

Mediation always means negotiation. Since the Japanese stance is that the Senkaku are a part of Japan's territorial core, it will not give up anything for what is already theirs, unless your idea is either stationing Japanese or US troops there, or China waiving all rights to the islands.
Last edited by TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON on Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:07 pm

Kelmet wrote:Don't even wanna bring me in for mediation? without hearing my idea?

Mediation always means negotiation. Since the Japanese stance is that the Senkaku are a part of Japan's territorial core, it will not give up anything for what is already theirs, unless your idea is either stationing Japanese or US troops there, or China waiving all rights to the islands.

What if china recognizes Japanese sovereignty, but you guys split the "mineral" rights so you guys can jointly explore this islands oil and gas reserves 50/50.
And Japan recognizes china's claim to territories seized by the Russians.

PS-Kind of working on maps now, NATO and other US allies and the Russians Common Defense pact.
there not very detailed but it should help if OP wants me to publish them.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 pm

It would be best for Japan to abstain from drilling in the area. Aside from that, we can keep the status quo. There is no need to formally solve the issue, since doing so would mean China making concessions and the current President was elected on a nationalist platform that doesn't allow for such concessions. So we are good as we are, as long as Japan doesn't drill.
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:It would be best for Japan to abstain from drilling in the area. Aside from that, we can keep the status quo. There is no need to formally solve the issue, since doing so would mean China making concessions and the current President was elected on a nationalist platform that doesn't allow for such concessions. So we are good as we are, as long as Japan doesn't drill.

Re-read my post
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:50 pm

APPLICATION
NS Name: Madrinpoor
RP Name: Republic of Korea (if it is taken, Tibet)
Flag: I don't want to use the same flag as real Korea, if I am allowed to do that.

Capital: Seoul
Territory: 223,155 km2 (86,161 sq mi)
Population: 77 million
Map Color: the pinkish color of my flag

Official Language(s): Korean
Recognized Language(s): Korean, English
Ethnic Breakdown: 99%
Religious Breakdown: 50.7 percent of Koreans follow a specific religious faith. Buddhists account for some 46 percent followed by Protestants at 39 percent and Catholics at 13 percent of the religious population.

(all stats from wikipedia)

Type of Government: Democratic Republic
Head of State: Emperor Yongjo (Joseon Dynasty)
Head of Government: Do-Yun Hi
Legislature (the name of your national legislature): National Assembly
Legislative Houses (if your legislature is bicameral): unicameral
Party in Power: Platform Party
Public Goals: Strengthen influence in East Asia, counter Russian threat
Private Goals: expand territory into russia and possibly China. Become US's biggest ally in the region, and use its influence to boss others around. Restoration of the monarchy is very popular

GDP (nominal): 1.467 trillion
Currency: Won
Economic System: Free-trade capitalist (I think that is what you mean)
Major Trade Partners: Japan, US, China
Major Exports: electrical equipment (14.6% of total exports), vehicles (7.5%), petroleum oils (7.2%) and parts and accessories for vehicles (3.5%)
Major Imports: petroleum oils (14%), electrical equipment (7.1%),Gas (4.8%), hydrocarbons (3.4%) and coal (3.1%).
Defense Budget (USD): 46 million dollars (52.84 trillion won)
Alliance(s): US, Japan, China (as well as other countries, these are most important)

Military Branches (Just list names of official Armed Forces Branches): Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Army, Marine Corps

Active Duty: 555,000
Reserve Duty: 2,750,000
Total Manpower: 3,305,000

(I don't know if these will sound right)
Tanks: approx. 2,500
AFVs: approx. 3,000
SPA: 10,000 (?)
Towed Artillery: 40,000 (?)
Rocket Projectors: 60,000 (?)

Fighters: around 1,000
Dedicated Attack: around 700
Transports: around 200
Trainers: around 350
Special Mission: unknown/undisclosed
Helicopters: over 500
Attack Helicopters: approx. 1,145

Aircraft Carriers: 4
Destroyers: 6
Frigates: 5
Corvettes: 4
Submarines: 9
Patrol: 35
Mine Warfare: 31

Other Military Information: none

Domestic Issues: pro-communist paramilitary groups in the north, want to integrate with Russia and some are holdovers from North Korea, pro-empire sentiment is very high. Many want to reestablish the Joseon dynasty as the flag, and give the emperor ceremonial significance as in Japan
Foreign Issues: Russia, competition with other East Asian countries

History:

After WWII
Imperial Restoration

In the 1970s, Tujo of Joseon, the legitimate heir to the Imperial throne, claimed Korea as his. He was supported by the Japanese, and large numbers of people in the rural countryside. He ran for President and won, then reinstituted the Joseon dynasty as ceremonial position in Korean government. He became Emperor, but was stripped of the Emperor's powers because it infringed the constitution. Angry, he and his supporters led a march on the capital known as the ten thousand farmer's march. It ended up in a clash with police, and Tujo was exiled to Japan by the government for disturbing the peace and threatening with revolution. His views became more radical, calling for greater power to the Emperor, and lost the support of many of his supporters. In a motorcade at a rally in 1978, he was shot by Suk-Ja Seong, a disillusioned farmer who thought he became too radical. His son Yongjo became Emperor and agreed to a reduction of power to a ceremonial position. He is still Emperor, and the face of Korea.

The North Korean Famine

So much worse than IRL, especially with a more democratic China now joining the West in sanctioning North Korea. It was so bad that conflict soon emerged in the country. In the end, around the mid-90s, South Korea deployed its armed forces to handle the situation, which would eventually lead to Korean reunification under Seoul. The reunified Korea that exists as of 2024 has the same flag, government, parties and institutions as South Korea (as well as being officially called the "Republic of Korea"). All the North Korean provinces have since been reformed as North Hamgyeong, South Hamgyeong, North Pyeongan, South Pyeongan and Hwanghae.

RP Example(s): ???

If I have put a (?) that means that I think the number is sort of possibly accurate but I don't really know. If it is way unrealistic please tell me and I will change it

Do not remove - Cheeki Breeki
Last edited by Madrinpoor on Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:It would be best for Japan to abstain from drilling in the area. Aside from that, we can keep the status quo. There is no need to formally solve the issue, since doing so would mean China making concessions and the current President was elected on a nationalist platform that doesn't allow for such concessions. So we are good as we are, as long as Japan doesn't drill.

This Japan is a bit more aggressive so we may see some issues possibly. Japan needs oil, and it is better when it is domestically produced.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:41 pm

This Japan is a bit more aggressive so we may see some issues possibly. Japan needs oil, and it is better when it is domestically produced.

I can provide you with all the oil you'd need, at fair prices.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:54 pm

Kelmet wrote:

I can provide you with all the oil you'd need, at fair prices.

That's not quite Japan's goal. Japan needs domestic access to oil in case Japanese plans go poorly.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm

Kelmet wrote:I can provide you with all the oil you'd need, at fair prices.

That's not quite Japan's goal. Japan needs domestic access to oil in case Japanese plans go poorly.

You're running into the same problem japan had before ww2, you don't have access to the resources you need unless you annex half of Asia.

Depending on what your plans are....judging by your private goals might not be attainable
Last edited by Kelmet on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Kelmet wrote:

You're running into the same problem japan had before ww2, you don't have access to the resources you need unless you annex half of Asia.

Depending on what your plans are....judging by your private goals might not be attainable

Japan actually has a massive amount of resources underneath the seabed. It just can't access it yet. That's why Japan needs its Senkaku and Takeshima resources.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Kelmet wrote:You're running into the same problem japan had before ww2, you don't have access to the resources you need unless you annex half of Asia.

Japan actually has a massive amount of resources underneath the seabed. It just can't access it yet. That's why Japan needs its Senkaku and Takeshima resources.

Well, for the time being, put a stop on any drilling in those islands. Just focus on green energy or whatever. As long as there isn't drilling activity, we are ok. And we should be focusing more on the real threat that is commie Russia.
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:

Well, for the time being, put a stop on any drilling in those islands. Just focus on green energy or whatever. As long as there isn't drilling activity, we are ok. And we should be focusing more on the real threat that is commie Russia.

It is an election year, I'm not so sure about that. How about just a small base on the Senkaku?
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:55 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:

It is an election year, I'm not so sure about that. How about just a small base on the Senkaku?

A civilian installation would be OK. Also, expect some diplomatic response by China due to domestic expectation, but don't read too much into it. It's about domestic politics.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:58 pm

BTW, US, you are up for some increased cooperation on cybersecurity? Maybe some joint teams?
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 pm

RESERVATION
NS Name:American Pere Housh
RP Name:Republic of Turkey
Territory:Modern Day Turkey plus parts of Syria bordering Turkey

Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:33 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:BTW, US, you are up for some increased cooperation on cybersecurity? Maybe some joint teams?

Indeed. Newley elected president Monroe was thinking of making his first foreign trip to china.

Tg me :)
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:BTW, US, you are up for some increased cooperation on cybersecurity? Maybe some joint teams?

France would be open to increasing cooperation.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:01 am

Madrinpoor wrote:
APPLICATION
NS Name: Madrinpoor
RP Name: Republic of Korea (if it is taken, Tibet)
Flag: I don't want to use the same flag as real Korea, if I am allowed to do that.

(Image)

Capital: Seoul
Territory: 223,155 km2 (86,161 sq mi)
Population: 77 million
Map Color: the pinkish color of my flag

Official Language(s): Korean
Recognized Language(s): Korean, English
Ethnic Breakdown: 99%
Religious Breakdown: 50.7 percent of Koreans follow a specific religious faith. Buddhists account for some 46 percent followed by Protestants at 39 percent and Catholics at 13 percent of the religious population.

(all stats from wikipedia)

Type of Government: Democratic Republic
Head of State: Moon Jae-In
Head of Government: Moon Jae-In
Legislature (the name of your national legislature): National Assembly
Legislative Houses (if your legislature is bicameral): unicameral
Party in Power: Platform Party
Public Goals: Strengthen influence in East Asia, counter Russian threat
Private Goals: expand territory into russia and possibly China. Become US's biggest ally in the region, and use its influence to boss others around. Restoration of the monarchy is very popular

GDP (nominal): 1.467 trillion
Currency: Won
Economic System: Free-trade capitalist (I think that is what you mean)
Major Trade Partners: Japan, US, China
Major Exports: electrical equipment (14.6% of total exports), vehicles (7.5%), petroleum oils (7.2%) and parts and accessories for vehicles (3.5%)
Major Imports: petroleum oils (14%), electrical equipment (7.1%),Gas (4.8%), hydrocarbons (3.4%) and coal (3.1%).
Defense Budget (USD): 46 million dollars (52.84 trillion won)
Alliance(s): US, Japan, China (as well as other countries, these are most important)

Military Branches (Just list names of official Armed Forces Branches): Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Army, Marine Corps

Active Duty: 555,000
Reserve Duty: 2,750,000
Total Manpower: 3,305,000

(I don't know if these will sound right)
Tanks: approx. 2,500
AFVs: approx. 3,000
SPA: 10,000 (?)
Towed Artillery: 40,000 (?)
Rocket Projectors: 60,000 (?)

Fighters: around 1,000
Dedicated Attack: around 700
Transports: around 200
Trainers: around 350
Special Mission: unknown/undisclosed
Helicopters: over 500
Attack Helicopters: approx. 1,145

Aircraft Carriers: 4
Destroyers: 6
Frigates: 5
Corvettes: 4
Submarines: 9
Patrol: 35
Mine Warfare: 31

Other Military Information: none

Domestic Issues: pro-communist paramilitary groups in the north, want to integrate with Russia and some are holdovers from North Korea, pro-empire sentiment is very high. Many want to reestablish the Joseon dynasty as the flag, and give the emperor ceremonial significance as in Japan
Foreign Issues: Russia, competition with other East Asian countries

History: you already explained everything notable, like reunification with NK. Nothing else out of the ordinary.
RP Example(s): ???

If I have put a (?) that means that I think the number is sort of possibly accurate but I don't really know. If it is way unrealistic please tell me and I will change it

Do you have any notable RP example?
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 am

American Pere Housh wrote:
RESERVATION
NS Name:American Pere Housh
RP Name:Republic of Turkey
Territory:Modern Day Turkey plus parts of Syria bordering Turkey

Reservation noted!
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse