NATION

PASSWORD

Vicitis Rising {OOC|OPEN}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:06 pm

Shadowwell wrote:The way the setting is presented vaguely reminds me of the Hainish cycle by Ursula K Leguin.

The setting looks intriguing though i am unlikely to actually join.

How large are the megacities or does that not matter?

If the High overlord was the one to grant abilities does that mean that they can be taken away by the High Overlord as well?

Answer 1, doesn't matter.

Answer 2, most likely, but the High Overlord has not been on Vicits since the establishment of the Overlordships
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Fereni
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:51 pm

Shadowwell wrote:The way the setting is presented vaguely reminds me of the Hainish cycle by Ursula K Leguin.

If the High overlord was the one to grant abilities does that mean that they can be taken away by the High Overlord as well?
oh i've heard good things about leguin's writing... keep meaning to look into it lol

you should join though :p it'll be fun
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:22 pm

Im trying to work out an app but im unsure of how the FFHS functions, especially militarily wise and what kind of equipment they use, Faal could you enlighten us?
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:07 pm

Fereni wrote:

oh i've heard good things about leguin's writing... keep meaning to look into it lol

you should join though :p it'll be fun

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to join. That being said I do have a character concept or two that could be dusted off.

Tactile clairvoyance or something: Simply put when he touches an object he is able to Know the best way to make use of said object in a specific way. When he makes contact with an object he has to have an idea of what he wants to know concerning the object.

The above concept was inspired by a power in a story which allowed those who bore it to know the best way to use any object as a weapon/in a lethal capacity. Another lesser inspiration was a certain episode of MacGyver where he uses his improvisational skills in the field while undercover as an assassin.

A powered illegitimate son of a noble family who was raised in one of the Five Families and came to be an Enforcer, specializing in improvised wet work. Things turned south at some point and he fell in with the Uprising.

Although variations of the above character concept have been on my mind for some time, reading the app for the Capo of the Di Rienzo family has me recalling Giovanni Di'Angelo, The Bloody Angel.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Arengin Union wrote:Im trying to work out an app but im unsure of how the FFHS functions, especially militarily wise and what kind of equipment they use, Faal could you enlighten us?

What do you want? Run what you want by me and I'll either give it the okay or a no. I am fairly flexible.

Shadowwell wrote:Tactile clairvoyance or something: Simply put when he touches an object he is able to Know the best way to make use of said object in a specific way. When he makes contact with an object he has to have an idea of what he wants to know concerning the object.

The above concept was inspired by a power in a story which allowed those who bore it to know the best way to use any object as a weapon/in a lethal capacity. Another lesser inspiration was a certain episode of MacGyver where he uses his improvisational skills in the field while undercover as an assassin.

A powered illegitimate son of a noble family who was raised in one of the Five Families and came to be an Enforcer, specializing in improvised wet work. Things turned south at some point and he fell in with the Uprising.

Although variations of the above character concept have been on my mind for some time, reading the app for the Capo of the Di Rienzo family has me recalling Giovanni Di'Angelo, The Bloody Angel.

Tactile Clairvoyance... it could be possible, I of course would need more of a description, ie going over its limitations and such. But it is very likely to be acceptable.

Things don't necessarily need to have gone south for an enforcer of one of the Five Families to end up with the Uprising... depending on the family that is.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:26 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Im trying to work out an app but im unsure of how the FFHS functions, especially militarily wise and what kind of equipment they use, Faal could you enlighten us?

What do you want? Run what you want by me and I'll either give it the okay or a no. I am fairly flexible.

Shadowwell wrote:Tactile clairvoyance or something: Simply put when he touches an object he is able to Know the best way to make use of said object in a specific way. When he makes contact with an object he has to have an idea of what he wants to know concerning the object.

Tactile Clairvoyance... it could be possible, I of course would need more of a description, ie going over its limitations and such. But it is very likely to be acceptable.

Things don't necessarily need to have gone south for an enforcer of one of the Five Families to end up with the Uprising... depending on the family that is.

With the way i imagine the power working, the two largest limitations would be that just because he learns the best way to use what he touches doesn't mean that he can make use of the object. The other would be that beyond things that he knows intimately, knowledge gained through the power fades after he ends contact with whatever he is touching.

Though the power might be closer to psychometry rather than clairvoyance.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:45 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

With the way i imagine the power working, the two largest limitations would be that just because he learns the best way to use what he touches doesn't mean that he can make use of the object. The other would be that beyond things that he knows intimately, knowledge gained through the power fades after he ends contact with whatever he is touching.

Though the power might be closer to psychometry rather than clairvoyance.

It would be closer to psychometry. But it seems acceptable
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Well here's what I've written so far.

Born in the Inner Territories of the Federation, Marcus was born to a humble family which had seen generations prior partake in the war of invasion of centuries ago. Growing up with relative peace, Marcus always craved for more in his life and that more was up in the stars and he knew that since a young age as he learned more of humanity's history. Marcus always felt a fervent dislike for the Overlords, and what they represented, a betrayal of humanity itself and a betrayal of freedom and the cause that his own ancestors had fought hard to preserve and as such his attention shifted from merely traveling the stars to taking part of the fight against the threats that the FFHS faced, the Overlords of Vicitis chief among them.

Once out of higher learning Marcus enlisted in the Federal Defense Forces and partook in several campaigns, from the beach planet of Espirit-3 fighting against human smuggling pirates to the deserts of Al-Badiv marching against rebels. Over time he developed not only skills in fighting but also saw the lost of his own arm at the result of an IED, normally the career of a soldier would end at that point but these were not the times of early modern Humanity but rather a time of technological feats. With the support of the inconspicuous Federal Department of Security and Intelligence, a branch of the FDF, Marcus saw his limb replaced by an advanced cybernetic which granted him enhanced strength and motion as well as access to top of a top of the line military interface. Though this was all quite a nice improvement, Marcus knew it would come at a price and so it did as the FDSI notified him that as it stood he was considered KIA which was a perfect chance to join the Strategic Reccoinasicne Effort. In essence, the SRE was the FFHS's new task force meant to infiltrate Vicitis and provide aid to rebellious cells on the planet, most notably one simply known as The Uprising.

With little choice on the matter and a continued desire to become more, Marcus accepted the offer and soon enough he alongside dozens of recruits saw training at an undisclosed planet in the far reaches of the FFHS. Though the training was ardous, torturous even, Marcus completed it alongside a handful of his comrades and rightly enough they were officially named Agents of the SRE and assigned to the Penitence Cell for the Vicitis city of Suphia. Within a few weeks, the agents were dispatched onto the planet via cloaked shuttles which crash-landed onto the planet in the outskirts of the city, the Penitence Cell was made of various men and women of diverse backgrounds and soon enough they began their work. Today the Penitence Cell operates freely and with little contact with the broader FFHS but rather reporting with the SRE and receiving both intelligence support as well as equipment which is aimed to even the odds against the powered forces of the Overlords in the coming battle. Though the Uprise is a continued uphill battle, Marcus is convinced that through the actions of the Penitence Cell he can bring forth actual change in the world and hopefully the eventual demise of the Overlords and the return of freedom, only time will tell.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Born in the Inner Territories of the Federation, Marcus was born to a humble family which had seen generations prior partake in the war of invasion of centuries ago. Growing up with relative peace, Marcus always craved for more in his life and that more was up in the stars and he knew that since a young age as he learned more of humanity's history. Marcus always felt a fervent dislike for the Overlords, and what they represented, a betrayal of humanity itself and a betrayal of freedom and the cause that his own ancestors had fought hard to preserve and as such his attention shifted from merely traveling the stars to taking part of the fight against the threats that the FFHS faced, the Overlords of Vicitis chief among them.

Once out of higher learning Marcus enlisted in the Federal Defense Forces and partook in several campaigns, from the beach planet of Espirit-3 fighting against human smuggling pirates to the deserts of Al-Badiv marching against rebels. Over time he developed not only skills in fighting but also saw the lost of his own arm at the result of an IED, normally the career of a soldier would end at that point but these were not the times of early modern Humanity but rather a time of technological feats. With the support of the inconspicuous Federal Department of Security and Intelligence, a branch of the FDF, Marcus saw his limb replaced by an advanced cybernetic which granted him enhanced strength and motion as well as access to top of a top of the line military interface. Though this was all quite a nice improvement, Marcus knew it would come at a price and so it did as the FDSI notified him that as it stood he was considered KIA which was a perfect chance to join the Strategic Reccoinasicne Effort. In essence, the SRE was the FFHS's new task force meant to infiltrate Vicitis and provide aid to rebellious cells on the planet, most notably one simply known as The Uprising.

With little choice on the matter and a continued desire to become more, Marcus accepted the offer and soon enough he alongside dozens of recruits saw training at an undisclosed planet in the far reaches of the FFHS. Though the training was ardous, torturous even, Marcus completed it alongside a handful of his comrades and rightly enough they were officially named Agents of the SRE and assigned to the Penitence Cell for the Vicitis city of Suphia. Within a few weeks, the agents were dispatched onto the planet via cloaked shuttles which crash-landed onto the planet in the outskirts of the city, the Penitence Cell was made of various men and women of diverse backgrounds and soon enough they began their work. Today the Penitence Cell operates freely and with little contact with the broader FFHS but rather reporting with the SRE and receiving both intelligence support as well as equipment which is aimed to even the odds against the powered forces of the Overlords in the coming battle. Though the Uprise is a continued uphill battle, Marcus is convinced that through the actions of the Penitence Cell he can bring forth actual change in the world and hopefully the eventual demise of the Overlords and the return of freedom, only time will tell.

It looks alright to me
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:

It looks alright to me

Cool then. I'll finish the app and have it up soonish.
"I do as I please"

Fereni
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 am

everyone stop sleeping on this okay <3
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse