NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:29 am

Alozia wrote:Entering the Oval Office last, Tawney greeted the group already gathered in the room. "My apologies for the delay. Now, please, take a seat. We have a lot of work ahead of us."

"I wish I could say we were meeting under better circumstances, Mr. President." Caroline remarked as she went to take her seat, shuffling a little to get comfortable. Fingers folded neatly amongst each other as she kept her attention on Rick. "But I think there's a general appetite to reach a solution."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:39 am

TO: Speaker of The House, Caroline Simone
Subject: Economic Crisis

Madame Speaker,

I understand that my college education in Health doesn't give e a direct insight into the logistics and specifics of an Economic Crisis like the one that we currently face, but I am willing to give any type of support or help in fixing said crisis, in any way I possibly can. If anything comes up that you believe I might be able to render my services, do not hesitate to ask, work is my specialty!

Yours Truly,

Linda D. Lazare
Representative of Texas' 7th District

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Azekopolaltion » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:53 pm

Bruke wrote:Karel, having been here the entire time but focusing on reading through the documents, decided to speak up.

“First of all, Tim, I want to commend you on your instincts....” He would have made a joke about ‘not taking anyone’s kneecaps today’, but chose not to ruin the moment. “Making the Republicans choose between going with Medicare or going with the ACA is a win-win for us. One of our red lines, I suppose you could call it, should be on healthcare. If the Republicans open up the discussion by bringing up any of their larger healthcare ideas, we’ll walk out right then and there. Of course, we should try and nudge them towards picking the ACA route if we can.”

Tim was taken off guard by the fact that Karel had already been standing in the corner of the room. He wondered if the Senator had heard his "old man" remark. Regardless, Tim raised an eyebrow as Volek finished his sentence. "I can certainly appreciate the electoral consequences of them choosing ACA expansion, but I still think we'd prefer them to take the Medicare option," he pressed, his tone steady and confident, "simply expanding ACA subsidies will provide relief and maybe some conservatives would be satisfied with that, but the only way to fully guarantee healthcare access during this time of volatility is with a public plan. Not to mention the fact that it's more popular with the public."

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

I'm proud that the Senate has just come together in an incredibly bipartisan way to pass the #RAISEAct. If it becomes law, this EITC expansion would be the biggest working-class tax cut in a generation, raising the incomes of more than 47 million Americans from all over the country. It would also lift more than 8 million Americans out of poverty.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

I urge the House to pass RAISE as soon as possible and put it on the president's desk. If signed, it would be one of the most fulfilling pieces of legislation I have ever had the privilege of working on.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Louisianan wrote:
TO: Senator Buster Bunker
Subject: HPPSO Act

Buster,

Hey! I hope you're doing well! I know you're over in Georgia currently, so I'll email you rather than bore you with a call or a meeting. I have recently, with help from some Republicans as well as most Democrats, passed the HPPSO Act in the House, and I'd like to know if you can work with Senator Moore and Senator Volek to help raise support for HPPSO should it be considered or taken to a vote at whatever time that may be. No hurries though, the current economic crisis needs your utmost attention, but I think that HPPSO could help, albeit a slight amount of help, but every little bit counts!

Yours Truly,
Linda D. Lazare
Representative of Texas' 7th District

To: Linda Lazare
Subject RE: HPPSO Act

Hey Linda!

Congratulations on getting your bill passed in the House! You have right to be very proud. At the moment I am being pulled in a lot of directions, but I promise I will bring HPPSO to the discussion table in any meetings in which I'm involved.

With a smile,

Buster Bunker
Junior Senator from California
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:28 pm

House Minority Leader Thomas Volker on behalf of Congressman John Logan Ruler

Saturday 21st March, 2020

Across the course of the day, the House Minority Leader campaigned in the following areas for the Senate campaign of Representative Ruler.

Orange City, Iowa

Having campaigned in Orange City for Governor Prendergast during the summer, the House Minority Leader arrived fairly early into the morning, intending for the day to be one full of fundraising, hand shaking and, of course, stumping for the younger Ruler's Senate campaign. To begin with, Congressman Volker joined the city's Lutheran congregation in morning prayer and following its conclusion, spoke to individual members outside of the church, making pleasantries as he did previously whilst emphasising Congressman Ruler's own unwavering support for religious freedom in his tenure as a Congressman.

After his time at the church, Volker then proceeded to the private Christian Northwestern College that he had visited the last time he was in the town. Using the opportunity to tour the campus, Volker was sure to speak to as many students as he was able to, emphasising once again the Congressman's active support for religious freedom and commitment to Christian values and pointed towards his writing of the Academic Freedom of Thought Act as an example. In addition to this, the Missourian also managed to meet with members of Northwestern College's College Republicans, during which he praised the members for acting as the bedrock of grassroots conservatism and drew parallels to his own time as a College Republican during the Reagan administration.

After concluding his tour off Northwestern College, Volker attended a fundraiser held by the Family Research Council, during which the House Minority Leader spoke of the Congressman's commitment to preserving the lives of the unborn, as evidenced by his support of the DFLA written by Senator Anderson that would defend countless numbers of unborn Americans across the nation, as well as his consistent support for the defence of religious values and religious liberty across the United States through the Academic Freedom of Thought Act. After concluding his speech, the Congressman made sure to mingle with attendees as he shook hands and exchanged smiles, making sure to press home the Congressman's credentials on family values.

Soon after, Representative Volker concluded his campaigning in Orange City by holding a small rally, stepping up to the podium that had been set up a half hour or so beforehand, Volker looked over the modestly sized crowd before speaking.

"Good morning Orange City. You know, I remember when I was campaigning here back in the summer for Governor Prendergast but it seems that the energy we have here today is just as lively as it was then in spite of this cold weather, and it makes me confident that Iowa will be voting Republican against in this election and helping us take back the House this fall!

"However, there is something just as important as ensuring that we have a President who will defend the record of President Wolf, Orange City, and that's a Senate majority that'll do just the same. That's why I'm proud to announce here today that I am endorsing Congressman John Logan Ruler's campaign for Senator."

"In the time that I've known Congressman Ruler, Orange City, it's clear to me how much of a devoted and committed defender of religious liberty that he is. Nowhere is this more clear than the Academic Freedom of Thought Act written by the Congressman that will allow schools the freedom to teach the theory of Intelligent Design, upholding one of the core tenets that our great nation was founded on."

"In addition to this, Orange City, Congressman Ruler has proven himself to be amongst the most committed advocates for the sanctity of unborn life in the 116th Congress, whether it be through his support for the Defence of Fetal Life Act written by Senator Anderson that seeks to protect the lives of countless numbers of unborn Americans across this great country of our's so that they may enjoy the freedoms and privileges that all of us here today have, or his support for life beginning at conception. Congressman Ruler is the strongest advocate for the defence of life in this election."

"That being said though, Representative Ruler's advocacy for the interests of Iowans is most apparent in his support for economic freedom, and I say this as the former Chair of the Tea Party Caucus!" Volker said humorously, eliciting a small number of chuckles from the crowd before he continued.

"Whether it be through his support for the Savings Act of 2020, a bill that once it overcomes Democrat obstructionism, will restrict financial penalties on Americans savers by introducing a system of Universal Savings Accounts, thus allowing greater numbers of Americans to save in the future and provide the financial support for their families that they work all of their lives in order to provide. Or his support for the Healthcare Protection of Public Safety Officers After Retirement Act which provides Public Safety Officers with an effective tax cut that they deserve for their role in defending Americans and their communities across the United States, Congressman John Logan Ruler is the best candidate for Iowa's economic interests."

"This upcoming election is one of the most significant in recent history. It is an election that will not only decide the fate of the work by Presidents Wolf and Tawney in making America great again, but also whether the 117th Congress will have a Republican majority that will defend that work. And I know from experience that Congressman Ruler is the best man for Iowans to vote for to ensure this."

"Thank you, Orange City and God bless."

Ames, Iowa

The next stop on Volker's schedule was the city of Ames, during which he returned to Iowa State University, the city's largest employer and toured the campus, ensuring that, as he did previously, he spoke to as many people as he could, emphasising with each one that Congressman Ruler's election to the Senate would allow for a vast wave of economic investment into Iowa's economy, thus allowing Iowa a swift recovery from the fiscal downturn and with it, increased employment.

After his tour, Volker proceeded to hold a meeting with Turning Point USA, during which he pressed home the Congressman's strong conservative credentials, particularly on the issues of religious freedom and on abortion. In addition to this, the House Minority Leader also commended the organisation for its own commitment to defending freedom of speech and debate within academia and praised them as an example of the leadership that conservatism produces.

Soon after, Congressman Volker finished his campaigning in Ames with another rally, and began to speak once the applause of the crowd had concluded.

"Good afternoon, Ames. You know, I remember when I was campaigning here back in the summer for Governor Prendergast but it seems that the energy we have here today is just as lively as it was back then in spite of this cold weather, and it makes me confident that Iowa will be voting Republican against in this election and helping us take back the House this fall!

"However, there is something just as important as ensuring that we have a President who will defend the record of President Wolf, Ames, and that's a Senate majority that'll do just the same. That's why I'm proud to announce here today that I am endorsing Congressman John Logan Ruler's campaign for Senator."

"In the time that I've known Congressman Ruler, Ames, it's clear to me how much of a devoted and committed defender of religious liberty that he is. Nowhere is this more clear than the Academic Freedom of Thought Act written by the Congressman that will allow schools the freedom to teach the theory of Intelligent Design, upholding one of the core tenets that our great nation was founded on."

"In addition to this, Ames, Congressman Ruler has proven himself to be amongst the most committed advocates for the sanctity of unborn life in the 116th Congress, whether it be through his support for the Defence of Fetal Life Act written by Senator Anderson that seeks to protect the lives of countless numbers of unborn Americans across this great country of our's so that they may enjoy the freedoms and privileges that all of us here today have, or his support for life beginning at conception. Congressman Ruler is the strongest advocate for the defence of life in this election."

"That being said though, Representative Ruler's advocacy for the interests of Iowans is most apparent in his support for economic freedom, and I say this as the former Chair of the Tea Party Caucus!"

"Whether it be through his support for the Savings Act of 2020, a bill that once it overcomes Democrat obstructionism, will restrict financial penalties on Americans savers by introducing a system of Universal Savings Accounts, thus allowing greater numbers of Americans to save in the future and provide the financial support for their families that they work all of their lives in order to provide. Or his support for the Healthcare Protection of Public Safety Officers After Retirement Act which provides Public Safety Officers with an effective tax cut that they deserve for their role in defending Americans and their communities across the United States, Congressman John Logan Ruler is the best candidate for Iowa's economic interests."

"This upcoming election is one of the most significant in recent history. It is an election that will not only decide the fate of the work by Presidents Wolf and Tawney in making America great again, but also whether the 117th Congress will have a Republican majority that will defend that work. And I know from experience that Congressman Ruler is the best man for Iowans to vote for to ensure this."

"Thank you, Ames and God bless."

Des Moines, Iowa

The third and final destination on Volker's campaign itinerary for the day was the city of Des Moines. Having arrived as the afternoon was entering its final stages, the Missouri Republican settled on a round of knocking doors in the city's suburbs with a number of Ruler campaign volunteers. Speaking to each voter in his usual, disarmingly polite demeanour, the House Minority Leader emphasised the Representative's support for greater economic freedom within the state, in turn allowing for a swifter recovery from the current fiscal downturn as well as his support for religious liberty.

Following his round of door knocking, and with the evening beginning to draw in, the House Minority Leader settled on a local diner for dinner, making polite conversation with the small number of patrons who recognised him. Despite that however, the Missourian had one last rally to hold. Thus, having arrived at around dusk, with a larger crown than had been at his two previous campaign stops, the House Minority Leader spoke.
"Good evening, Des Moines. You know, I remember when I was campaigning here back in the summer for Governor Prendergast but it seems that the energy we have here today is just as lively as it was back then in spite of this cold weather, and it makes me confident that Iowa will be voting Republican against in this election and helping us take back the House this fall!

"However, there is something just as important as ensuring that we have a President who will defend the record of President Wolf, Des Moines, and that's a Senate majority that'll do just the same. That's why I'm proud to announce here today that I am endorsing Congressman John Logan Ruler's campaign for Senator."

"In the time that I've known Congressman Ruler, Des Moines, it's clear to me how much of a devoted and committed defender of religious liberty that he is. Nowhere is this more clear than the Academic Freedom of Thought Act written by the Congressman that will allow schools the freedom to teach the theory of Intelligent Design, upholding one of the core tenets that our great nation was founded on."

"In addition to this, Des Moines, Congressman Ruler has proven himself to be amongst the most committed advocates for the sanctity of unborn life in the 116th Congress, whether it be through his support for the Defence of Fetal Life Act written by Senator Anderson that seeks to protect the lives of countless numbers of unborn Americans across this great country of our's so that they may enjoy the freedoms and privileges that all of us here today have, or his support for life beginning at conception. Congressman Ruler is the strongest advocate for the defence of life in this election."

"That being said though, Representative Ruler's advocacy for the interests of Iowans is most apparent in his support for economic freedom, and I say this as the former Chair of the Tea Party Caucus!"

"Thank you, Des Moines, and God bless."
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Olympia, Washington

Following her return to Washington Anne had a lot of work on her hands. The incoming recession was becoming an increasing burden on the lives of Washingtonians and it was up to her and the state legislature to address it until the federal government took any action.

Caldwell decided to pick up her phone and call a good friend. She dialed Caroline Simone's number and awaited a response.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:28 pm

Alozia wrote:
Dentali wrote:(Image)

BiPartisan Crisis Meeting
Oval Office

Senator Warrick waited patiently in the Oval Office, the first of the group to arrive for the meeting to handle the crisis. The invitation to Democratic leadership was public and if they didn't show it would be political suicide. They had to act NOW if they had any hope of sparing the American people the worst of the crisis.

Entering the Oval Office last, Tawney greeted the group already gathered in the room. "My apologies for the delay. Now, please, take a seat. We have a lot of work ahead of us."

Warrick stood respectfully "Mr President, thank you for inviting us here. We are ready to begin" Warrick sat and let the President take the lead
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:47 pm

Dentali wrote:
Alozia wrote:Entering the Oval Office last, Tawney greeted the group already gathered in the room. "My apologies for the delay. Now, please, take a seat. We have a lot of work ahead of us."

Warrick stood respectfully "Mr President, thank you for inviting us here. We are ready to begin" Warrick sat and let the President take the lead

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Why isn't he sitting down, this is so weird.

Tawney, slightly weirded out by Warrick awkwardly standing, decided to take the lead, as clearly suggested by the Senate Majority Leader. "Again" he cleared his throat. "Thank you all for coming. The reason I invited all of you here is to address the ongoing economic downturn experienced by our nation. As you may know I am in touch with numerous experts and me and my cabinet are working on ways to resolve this situation, one of them being the recently implemented federal payroll tax holiday. Before we begin the discussion I just wanted to urge all of you to approach this subject in a non-partisan way. I understand that there are different solutions to the problem at hand and I hope we can find mutual ground."
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:16 pm

Nate Richardson
North Fulton, Georgia
March 18th, 2020

Richardson started the day visiting various business parks where high skilled employees worked. This included the corporate headquarters for Chick-fil-A which doubled as a photo op of Richardson enjoying the beloved brand. He also held a meeting with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta executives to discuss the crisis and potential solutions. His retail was mostly in districts 1,2 and 3 which had elected Republican leadership and he and his army used voter rolls to target specific voters, he also met up with officials leading his campaign’s voter registration efforts in the area and made his own appeals for voters to register. This area was once the beating heart of Suburban Republicanism which Richardson appealed to so well, respectful, resolved, smart, and commanding were the traits he exuded as he went door to door in the residential areas. In the evening he held a rally.

Nate Richardson
DeKalb, Georgia
March 19th, 2020

Hitting another suburban county Richardson started early in DeKalb by going to various diners where people enjoyed breakfast before work and did meet and greets. Afterwards he met with Emory Health executives where he continued a dialogue about protecting the Healthcare of the American people and the jobs of health company workers. From there he paid his respects at the DeKalb County 9/11 Memorial and spoke with local first responders who he invited there for a conversation about how to improve the lives of first responders. Following this he visited the Atlanta Jewish Academy, Benjamin Franklin Academy, and the local Marist Schools where he had a good photo op and spoke regarding his support for Private and Charter Schools. He did one last stop at Georgia Piedmont to speak about his support for technical colleges and then switched to residential retail, going from door to door in the suburbs once again taking advantage of the registration and voter rolls. After the residential retail was over he held a townhall Q&A at Mercer University.

Nate Richardson
Richmond, Georgia
March 20th, 2020

On Friday Richardson hit Richmond County to the east of the state, another county known for suburban Republicans. Richardson added to his team a number of volunteers from across the border in South Carolina. His retail was mostly in the business areas around Augusta with Richardson visiting small businesses, dining establishments and local hotspots to interact with groups of people, shaking hands and winning people over with his personality driven political style. He also made sure to pinpoint local black Republicans and interact with them which would come in handy during the general. After 4pm Richardson made his way to the suburbs of Augusta where he continued the door to door retail he was known for. As he campaigned he made sure to mention the prominence of both BioTech and Cybersecurity in his plans as President, as these employed tens of thousands of people in the state and powered the local economy. After a full day of campaigning, Richardson held a friday night rally.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:21 pm

Alozia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Why isn't he sitting down, this is so weird.

Tawney, slightly weirded out by Warrick awkwardly standing, decided to take the lead, as clearly suggested by the Senate Majority Leader. "Again" he cleared his throat. "Thank you all for coming. The reason I invited all of you here is to address the ongoing economic downturn experienced by our nation. As you may know I am in touch with numerous experts and me and my cabinet are working on ways to resolve this situation, one of them being the recently implemented federal payroll tax holiday. Before we begin the discussion I just wanted to urge all of you to approach this subject in a non-partisan way. I understand that there are different solutions to the problem at hand and I hope we can find mutual ground."

From a seated position Warrick picked up after the President "We'd like Congress to authorize a Payroll Tax Holiday for 3 months with an option to extend it another 3. We also want to start limited bailouts of companies going under, make sure strings are attached and its paid over time so we don't repeat the same mistakes as the 09 bailout."

"We also feel it necessary to prepare states for the crisis, many have unemployment systems that are far from adequate... $2 billion to improve and modernize state unemployment systems so future aid gets the most bang for our buck."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:10 pm

Dentali wrote:
Alozia wrote:What the fuck am I supposed to do? Why isn't he sitting down, this is so weird.

From a seated position Warrick picked up after the President "We'd like Congress to authorize a Payroll Tax Holiday for 3 months with an option to extend it another 3. We also want to start limited bailouts of companies going under, make sure strings are attached and its paid over time so we don't repeat the same mistakes as the 09 bailout."

"We also feel it necessary to prepare states for the crisis, many have unemployment systems that are far from adequate... $2 billion to improve and modernize state unemployment systems so future aid gets the most bang for our buck."

After Warrick concluded, Volker spoke.

“On the subject of a Payroll Tax Holiday, Mr President. I’ve written a bipartisan bill that would authorise such a measure. I have also brought copies of the bill for each person here to look over and scrutinise.” Volker said, placing six copies of the bill in the centre of the table, keeping one for himself.

Official Name: The Payroll Tax Holiday Act

House Sponsors: Representative Matt Walker (R-WA-4), Representative Audrey Porter Booth (R-IN-3), Representative Crawford Clay (R-TX-4), Representative Linda Lazare (D-TX-7)

Senate Sponsors: Senator Kimberley Dunbar (R-KS), Senator Andrew Gardner (R-GA),

Overview: This bill seeks to extend the payroll tax deferral implemented by the executive order of the Tawney administration by reducing payroll tax to 0% over the period between April 1 and July 1 with the option of a renewal of the payroll tax holiday every three months.

Section 1: The fiscal downturn that the United States is currently undergoing has placed significant barriers on American enterprise, with many being forced with no choice but to declare bankruptcy. The Payroll Tax Holiday Act seeks to mitigate the impacts of the fiscal downturn through allowing a payroll tax holiday, with the opportunity for Congress to renew the provisions of this bill in three month intervals.

Section 2: The payroll tax is reduced to 0% from April 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020.

Section 3: Congress will have the ability to review the provisions laid out in this bill every three months and, if necessary, will be able to renew the payroll tax holiday for a further three months until such a time as the holiday is deemed to be no longer necessary.

This bill is then honorably presented to the House of Representatives for consideration in order to extend the payroll tax deferral to a payroll tax holiday to improve the United States Law and is backed by Representative Thomas Volker on 24th March, 2020.
Do Not Remove: 1337
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:15 am

Louisianan wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
Ohio Attorney-General Jack Vichter
Press Conference
Cuyahoga County

Flanked by a the Cuyahoga County D.A., two local police officers, three local city officials of diverse backgrounds and a few others, Jack Vichter arrived to take the podium.

"Good afternoon," he greeted the press, he looked over at the one journalist fiddling with his equipment, smiled and waited for them to give him some indication of being prepared before he glanced down for a split second before speaking, "good afternoon," he repeated for the journalist, "a few weeks ago, two Cuyahoga County corrections officers joined two of their colleagues in being sentenced for abusing inmates the State of Ohio had entrusted to their custody. For four of out state's corrections officers, whom we trust to ensure the safety of those who've broken the law to torture and mistreat Ohioans in this way, for those who missed it, the full footage can be found on the department's website. This appears to be a perpetual chain of occurrences among our state's corrections officers, with now, ten officers thus far indicted, convicted or sentenced for varying degrees of assault charges. My predecessor dealt with the same issues among our corrections officers, and in light of these continual occurrences which threaten the stability of our justice system, I am commissioning a full top-down review of Ohio Law Enforcement Procedures. This commission will include existing state police guidelines, existing corrections officer guidelines and will seek to solicit recommendations from a panel of experts as appointed, to reform as needed our system. I will take your questions," Jack welcomed the questions.

"Ben Derhover, CNN, how are you feeling about your Senate Campaign? Any thoughts on being considered a 'Boomer' by your opponent?"

Jack smiled, "I'll answer any campaign questions after this press conference."

Meelducan wrote:“Rob Robertson, The Columbus Dispatch. Why did you, and furthermore your department, allow this to happen?”

"The issues within our corrections department have been apparent for some time stretching over multiple tenures of Attorneys-General, what's largely been an internal process and interdepartmental process that's gone on for the better part of a year now, has become public and independent review no longer ran by a," he put it bluntly, "small team of junior investigators. To be very clear, we have known of these issues and have been moving towards isolating abusive officers and removing them from our system, our internal prosecutorial team has concluded however that there are some inherently cultural and systemic issues within the corrections and policing departments of Ohio that warrant a larger review that seeks to isolate the root of these occurrences instead of just the officers involved. I expect it will stretch for at the least the foreseeable six months, but in collaboration with the Governor and other state departments, we intend to ensure that this review improves policing and law enforcement across the state. I want us to be able to tell communities in Akron and Cleveland where a disproportionate amount of these abuses are located that they won't need to be holding visitations in medical bays."

Louisianan wrote:"May I. Tuchem, The Vindicator, there are many people who believe that criminals deserve whatever they have coming to them, are you able to tell us what the criminals were in Prison for?"

"Last August, five corrections officers were indicted in three separate incidents," Jack opened, "this spurred my office's internal inquiry which had led to where we're at today, that inquiry led to two convictions in December, one in January and another two a few weeks ago and more investigations ongoing. Of the first five, two were indicted for offences occurring on July 16, 2018 whereby they sprayed an inmate with pepper foam after that inmate was already in a restraint chair by the other officer, who had also already assaulted the inmate. The first of those two officers was convicted on felonious assault, unlawful restraint and interfering with civil rights. The other was charged with assault, interfering with civil rights and unlawful restraint. I could proceed to enumerate all abuses by corrections officers which has led us to where we are now, but you can locate all relevant information on my official twitter, and the departmental website," Vichter who had read the charges from memory did not lift his stern gaze from the questioner.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:45 am

Deb Feyrer
@AlabamaDeb
"$12,000 a year in tax cuts for every American" - Sec. Porter tonight. Georgians you know who's on the side of hardworking families, cities, suburbs or rural, only Sec. Porter is on our side!
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:41 am

Sarenium wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Ben Derhover, CNN, how are you feeling about your Senate Campaign? Any thoughts on being considered a 'Boomer' by your opponent?"

Jack smiled, "I'll answer any campaign questions after this press conference."

Meelducan wrote:“Rob Robertson, The Columbus Dispatch. Why did you, and furthermore your department, allow this to happen?”

"The issues within our corrections department have been apparent for some time stretching over multiple tenures of Attorneys-General, what's largely been an internal process and interdepartmental process that's gone on for the better part of a year now, has become public and independent review no longer ran by a," he put it bluntly, "small team of junior investigators. To be very clear, we have known of these issues and have been moving towards isolating abusive officers and removing them from our system, our internal prosecutorial team has concluded however that there are some inherently cultural and systemic issues within the corrections and policing departments of Ohio that warrant a larger review that seeks to isolate the root of these occurrences instead of just the officers involved. I expect it will stretch for at the least the foreseeable six months, but in collaboration with the Governor and other state departments, we intend to ensure that this review improves policing and law enforcement across the state. I want us to be able to tell communities in Akron and Cleveland where a disproportionate amount of these abuses are located that they won't need to be holding visitations in medical bays."

Louisianan wrote:"May I. Tuchem, The Vindicator, there are many people who believe that criminals deserve whatever they have coming to them, are you able to tell us what the criminals were in Prison for?"

"Last August, five corrections officers were indicted in three separate incidents," Jack opened, "this spurred my office's internal inquiry which had led to where we're at today, that inquiry led to two convictions in December, one in January and another two a few weeks ago and more investigations ongoing. Of the first five, two were indicted for offences occurring on July 16, 2018 whereby they sprayed an inmate with pepper foam after that inmate was already in a restraint chair by the other officer, who had also already assaulted the inmate. The first of those two officers was convicted on felonious assault, unlawful restraint and interfering with civil rights. The other was charged with assault, interfering with civil rights and unlawful restraint. I could proceed to enumerate all abuses by corrections officers which has led us to where we are now, but you can locate all relevant information on my official twitter, and the departmental website," Vichter who had read the charges from memory did not lift his stern gaze from the questioner.

“Why didn’t you order this investigation earlier Attorney General? You’ve clearly known about these problems since taking office. Are you playing political games?”
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Garkland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Garkland » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:13 am

Tristian Dikes
@6thDikes
"Fellow Americans, as you know it’s election year. This is when you the American people decide the future of this nation. All I have to say to all of you is to choose wisely, your gonna have to deal with your choice for the next 4 years.”

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:11 am

Hypolite Gaspard
@HGLouisianaFirst

Time is ticking Folks! Congress needs to hurry up, make up their minds, and help the PEOPLE! Come on! GET TO WORK!

Garkland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Garkland » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:23 am

To: Sec. Bernie Porter

Dear Mr. Porter, I have been keeping a close eye on your campaign and it has become great interest to me. You are a strong willed man that will not compromise with the communists and will uphold the values of America. Mr Porter you are the one upholding this Republic. I agree with many of your policies and how you would like to run this nation. So in light of this I would like to meet you in person to discuss how I can help contribute to your campaign and how we can work together in the future. I hope this letter receives you well and that you win the primaries! May America choose wisely!

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:46 am

Garkland wrote:To: Sec. Bernie Porter

Dear Mr. Porter, I have been keeping a close eye on your campaign and it has become great interest to me. You are a strong willed man that will not compromise with the communists and will uphold the values of America. Mr Porter you are the one upholding this Republic. I agree with many of your policies and how you would like to run this nation. So in light of this I would like to meet you in person to discuss how I can help contribute to your campaign and how we can work together in the future. I hope this letter receives you well and that you win the primaries! May America choose wisely!

To: Tristan Dikes

Your letter is certainly well-received. I am in South Georgia right now, and will meet with you there. Thank you for your support, and may we have a productive meeting.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Echo Chamber Thought Police
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Echo Chamber Thought Police » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:50 am

Simon Hawkins
@Hawkins4Iowa

Join me and my supporters for our mega rally in #SiouxCity on March 23rd! #PutIowansFirst

Add circa 10,000 posts on to current account, founded May 14th 2018. Agarntrop is other account.
LOHG: A UK-based political RP
OCCUPY THE HEDGEFUNDS - INVEST IN GAMESTOP
Left-leaning Social Democrat
You Have No Authority Here, Jackie Weaver

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:00 am

Azekopolaltion wrote:
(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

I'm proud that the Senate has just come together in an incredibly bipartisan way to pass the #RAISEAct. If it becomes law, this EITC expansion would be the biggest working-class tax cut in a generation, raising the incomes of more than 47 million Americans from all over the country. It would also lift more than 8 million Americans out of poverty.

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

I urge the House to pass RAISE as soon as possible and put it on the president's desk. If signed, it would be one of the most fulfilling pieces of legislation I have ever had the privilege of working on.

Liked and Retweeted by @KathleenNez

Garkland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Garkland » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:00 am

Emazia wrote:
Garkland wrote:To: Sec. Bernie Porter

To: Tristan Dikes

Your letter is certainly well-received. I am in South Georgia right now, and will meet with you there. Thank you for your support, and may we have a productive meeting.

Tristian takes a flight to Atlanta. His aid comes along as well and as a briefcase filled with papers and plans for the meeting with Mr. Porter. Dikes waits for Porter to meet him at the location which was Porter’s office.

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:03 am

Garkland wrote:
Emazia wrote:To: Tristan Dikes

Tristian takes a flight to Atlanta. His aid comes along as well and as a briefcase filled with papers and plans for the meeting with Mr. Porter. Dikes waits for Porter to meet him at the location which was Porter’s office.

Tristan sees nothing because he was told to go to South Georgia.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Azekopolaltion » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
Dentali wrote:

After Warrick concluded, Volker spoke.

“On the subject of a Payroll Tax Holiday, Mr President. I’ve written a bipartisan bill that would authorise such a measure. I have also brought copies of the bill for each person here to look over and scrutinise.” Volker said, placing six copies of the bill in the centre of the table, keeping one for himself.

Tim had waited for the leaders to put their view forward before speaking, but seeing that they were silent, he decided to jump in himself.

"The limited bailouts are necessary and the payroll tax holiday can be included, but not without significant aid to workers first. You said it yourself Senator Warrick, now is not the time to think about deficits and spending...'let's save the economy.' To that extent, appropriating $2 billion to state unemployment systems just isn't going to cut it. We can't leave this up to states to figure out; we don't know how bad unemployment is going to get, but it could well equal 2008 levels and in that case we need to have a firm federal system in place."

"We can allocate cash for states to modernize their own systems, but at the very least we should have some kind of federal program to top up unemployment aid. Direct federal cash relief is a line in the sand we are drawing, there will be no equitable recovery without it. Not to mention the fact that the public will not appreciate a package with federal bailouts for companies but not workers."
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:00 pm

United States economy very likely to be in recession - economists
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Echo Chamber Thought Police
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Echo Chamber Thought Police » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:06 pm

Simon Hawkins
March 23 2020
Mega-rally
Sioux City
Woodbury County
Iowa

Hawkins had gone to Sioux City, Woodbury County for a pre planned mega-rally, where he would hope to get a large amount of momentum behind his campaign. He booked the rally in the city convention centre, and made sure to spend a good chunk of his existing campaign money on the spectacle. He was attempting to hit at least 1000 supporters attending. He wanted this to be the event that would majorly kick off his campaign.

He had come to Sioux City for two reasons: firstly, to make an incursion into his opponent's supposedly solidly Republican district so he could hit him where it hurted, secondly, because of Woodbury County's bizarre but crucial voting patterns. Woodbury county was traditionally Republican, however had voted for Democratic Presidential candidates sporadically on several occasions, especially recently, voting for (not Dukakis) in 1988, Clifford in 1996 (but not in 1992), and Baharia in 2012 (but not in 2008) before flipping back to Wolf in 2016. Despite its seemingly unpredictable ways of voting, Woodbury was a priority for Hawkins to win.

He held the rally at about 7pm and started his speech about 30 minutes later, considering it was a Monday, a working day, in order to maximise turnout.

"Good evening Sioux City! Thank you, thank you. Wow.

"Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you. What a magnificent crowd we have

"You know - I'll tell you something funny. Me and my dad used to hop in his truck and go down here from our home town of Ames on trips back in the 70s. This is quite truly one of the greatest parts of this country - with some of the best people too. But yeah, I know this place off by heart - I have lots of truly great memories from this part of Iowa.

"But unfortunately a lot of politicians haven't been listening to us here in northwest Iowa. Congress is stalling right now - even in the middle of an unprecedented economic crisis. Republicans are failing to pass key stimulus bills - openly opposing eviction bans - common-sense legislation during this time of crisis. And that can't do. Now, more than ever, we need action not just words. We need to stop the endless posturing and proposing and actually get some stuff done! And that is the ethos I will fight for as your Senator. I will fight for action to help all Iowans - not just the few at the top.

"And we can firstly start by actually helping Iowa's industries. For too long in this great state our industries and the people that make them up - like the ordinary rank and file farmers of Woodbury and Plymouth counties - have been ignored and outsourced to hell. Millions and millions of jobs are being lost during this economic crisis - on top of the ones already outsourced across the midwestern region. The least you - ordinary Iowans - can ask from politicians is that they listen to us and as our representatives put our priorities front and centre. And as Senator, that's what I'll do. My legislation will be driven by the people for the people.

"We will bring back jobs to Iowa. There are thousands of jobs that could be brought back to towns like this that are not already here simply because Congress is too preoccupied with its own irrelevant posturing and slow movement rather than doing its job and getting stuff done! After this recession - we need a jobs-led recovery for Iowans. And that is what I will stand for. We will bring back jobs by the bucket load in a variety of industries. We will diversify Iowa's economy and - God willing - that will bring us out of this crisis and into a new era of prosperity.

"But we also must not only focus on how to get out of this crisis - we must realise what caused it. Once in a lifetime economic crashes are now happening every ten years. That is unacceptable. And we know what is causing them - its a familiar pattern. Reckless laws mainly driven by the GOP that allow the rich to get away with dangerous economic practises that endanger the economy and hurt ordinary middle class folks like us in Iowa are passed, and predictably the economy initially booms but it all ends in a devastating crash. And then - rather than helping the poor folk and penalising the rich for causing this situation - Congress acts to save the asses of the rich guys that caused this in the first place and does nothing to help the average Joe. That cannot do.

"As Senator, I will block proposals that allow the rich to engage in dangerous business practises or that reward the rich for their predatory behaviour. But I will fight tooth and nail to see ordinary Iowans given a helping hand out of this crisis. That is the only fair way we can operate.

"But in order for all this to happen - we've got to fight for it. So I implore you - knock on some doors, deliver a few pamphlets, donate, or just raise the issue. Because we can only win this fight with direct, community action. Iowans helping Iowans so we can elect a candidate that will put all Iowans first.

"Thank you - it's been wonderful being here and seeing you all tonight. And may this fight lead to victory! Goodnight, Sioux City!"
Add circa 10,000 posts on to current account, founded May 14th 2018. Agarntrop is other account.
LOHG: A UK-based political RP
OCCUPY THE HEDGEFUNDS - INVEST IN GAMESTOP
Left-leaning Social Democrat
You Have No Authority Here, Jackie Weaver

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse