NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The Office of House Minority Leader Thomas Volker, Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.

Congressman Volker, continuing with his task of uniting the Republican Party, or at the very least, the House Republican Conference now that the primaries had produced a presumptive nominee, waited for the day’s next Porterite to arrive.

Kathy hadn't had many conversations with Tom Volker personally, though she'd aligned with the right leaning caucuses, like the Tea Partyists of whose cloth Tom was cut, and she was - at least - vaguely familiar with him. Arriving at his office with a smile and carrying a small folder of unrelated work, she went to sit down, tucking her blonde hair back behind her ear as she did, stout glasses resting on her nose. "You asked for me, Minority Leader?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"Ah yes, hold on." he said, pushing his longer hairs to the side. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled out a number of wrinkled up post it notes. His staff had noted down what he needed to say but there were many reminders. Feeling a bit rushed, he began to read one aloud.

"Can you endorse me? I would app-" Ruler began, before stopping, making a face, and realizing that was the wrong note. "Sorry, that's not for you." he said blankly, rummaging for the correct note.

She smiled sympathetically, not saying anything. She didn't intend to provoke a negative reaction out of the other, and so she just sat patiently, waiting for the other to handle his notes.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:
The Office of House Minority Leader Thomas Volker, Cannon House Office Building, Washington, D.C.

Congressman Volker, continuing with his task of uniting the Republican Party, or at the very least, the House Republican Conference now that the primaries had produced a presumptive nominee, waited for the day’s next Porterite to arrive.

Kathy hadn't had many conversations with Tom Volker personally, though she'd aligned with the right leaning caucuses, like the Tea Partyists of whose cloth Tom was cut, and she was - at least - vaguely familiar with him. Arriving at his office with a smile and carrying a small folder of unrelated work, she went to sit down, tucking her blonde hair back behind her ear as she did, stout glasses resting on her nose. "You asked for me, Minority Leader?"

“Yes, Congresswoman, I did. I apologise for us not meeting before, the fiscal downturn has taken up most of my time on the Hill recently.” Thomas said, speaking in a polite tone as he returned the Georgian’s smile.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:46 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
The typically shy senator had not overcome her quietness and spoke softly.

"Hello Senator Gardner...I am, though it is all taking some getting used to. Especially given the need to suddenly staff a whole new office. Thankfully Senator Anderson already had many smart people working with him, we've been able to retain many of them." she said, stopping herself to avoid rambling.

Gardner nodded "Smart move, you need a balance of veterans and fresh blood. Experience and New Ideas, different perspectives can bring out the best in us," Gardner said a bit Philosophically "Senator Anderson also got a smart person to replace him if i've heard correctly. Tell me what do you want to be your legacy as a Senator? In an ideal world."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Yes, Congresswoman, I did. I apologise for us not meeting before, the fiscal downturn has taken up most of my time on the Hill recently.” Thomas said, speaking in a polite tone as he returned the Georgian’s smile.

"Oh, don't worry, I quite understand from when Daddy was Governor down in Georgia. Leadership takes its toll." She smiled ever broader, shaking her head a little. "I suppose having your wife here on the Hill must be a reassurance."
Neoliberal

Concerned American Workers
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:52 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"Found it!" he exclaimed, before reciting it.

"I would like to hear your thoughts about expanding employee protections for reporting anti-trust behavior and for expressing their political views. Oh, and on another note, about establishing security protocols related to 5G and the threats it could pose from China." he said.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:54 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

Torrie blushed at the allusion to herself by the Senator but she composed herself.

"Quite right, there is a balance that must be struck." she said, listening to him before responding. "Ideally, I would like to be remembered for delivering real reform. Not just focusing on hardened conservative principles but actually listening to the working people of this country. It is about them, not whatever principles politicians here in Washington say they cling to."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:55 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"Found it!" he exclaimed, before reciting it.

"I would like to hear your thoughts about expanding employee protections for reporting anti-trust behavior and for expressing their political views. Oh, and on another note, about establishing security protocols related to 5G and the threats it could pose from China." he said.

"Largely speaking, I don't think I or the House Democrats have any objections to those things in principle, and would support legislation in the vein. Though the 'expressing their political views' thing would have to be narrowly defined, discrimination in the workplace is a big issue that's very important to us."
Neoliberal

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:56 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Yes, Congresswoman, I did. I apologise for us not meeting before, the fiscal downturn has taken up most of my time on the Hill recently.” Thomas said, speaking in a polite tone as he returned the Georgian’s smile.

"Oh, don't worry, I quite understand from when Daddy was Governor down in Georgia. Leadership takes its toll." She smiled ever broader, shaking her head a little. "I suppose having your wife here on the Hill must be a reassurance."

“I would say it is. She’s a very smart person, I know that she’ll do a good job and represent our state well, the Governor definitely chose the right person to continue Senator Anderson’s legacy in the Senate.” Thomas replied.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“I would say it is. She’s a very smart person, I know that she’ll do a good job and represent our state well, the Governor definitely chose the right person to continue Senator Anderson’s legacy in the Senate.” Thomas replied.

"I was very sorry to see Senator Anderson go. One of the strongest conservatives we had in the Senate. A real warrior." She shook her head, sighing, before looking back up at the other. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what did you summon me for?"
Neoliberal

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:58 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"Good. I am glad to hear that. And of course, all discrimination is very bad. But the real reason I am here, aside from obtaining your help on these measures, is to see what deal we can make. Specifically, what would it take for you to allow a bill to pass that would establish a commission to investigate the President's health and any possible discrepancies?"

His voice reflected a genuine concern.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:59 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"Good. I am glad to hear that. And of course, all discrimination is very bad. But the real reason I am here, aside from obtaining your help on these measures, is to see what deal we can make. Specifically, what would it take for you to allow a bill to pass that would establish a commission to investigate the President's health and any possible discrepancies?"

His voice reflected a genuine concern.

She blinked for a moment. "President Tawney's health? I've not been given any indication that President Tawney is unwell." She had an inkling as to what he was alluding to, but she hardly wanted to seem overly intrigued.
Neoliberal

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:01 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"My mistake. I meant the health of former President Arnold Wolf. I have heard from very reliable sources that there could be more there, possibly something very bad. A commission would go a long way to revealing the truth."

His tone was urgent.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“I would say it is. She’s a very smart person, I know that she’ll do a good job and represent our state well, the Governor definitely chose the right person to continue Senator Anderson’s legacy in the Senate.” Thomas replied.

"I was very sorry to see Senator Anderson go. One of the strongest conservatives we had in the Senate. A real warrior." She shook her head, sighing, before looking back up at the other. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what did you summon me for?"

“Well, now that the voters in our party have chosen our nominee , we need to start looking towards the general election and start to coalesce our party around the presumptive nominee, irrespective of who that may be. To that end, Congresswoman, I am asking you to endorse Governor Richardson’s campaign and help ensure that the Republican Party is as united as we can going into the general and advance the Wolf agenda.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"My mistake. I meant the health of former President Arnold Wolf. I have heard from very reliable sources that there could be more there, possibly something very bad. A commission would go a long way to revealing the truth."

His tone was urgent.

Chewing her lip for a moment, the Speaker pondered on what Logan was proposing, leaning back in her seat. "We've had a... comfortable transition. A peaceful transfer of power from President Wolf and President Tawney. The White House has been... forthcoming to work with me. I can't say I've been... aware of these rumours, but I will say that there was an opaqueness about the President's health despite multiple attempts to try to find out the truth. It was a constitutional crisis."
Neoliberal

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:05 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"Exactly. There is a lot that remains unknown. Having a commission could shine the light on the truth of what happened and why there was so much secrecy? I am no conspiracy theorist but I feel like this might be a conspiracy and there are many theories abound. We should, per our responsibility to the American people, move forward with some sort of review."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:06 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Well, now that the voters in our party have chosen our nominee , we need to start looking towards the general election and start to coalesce our party around the presumptive nominee, irrespective of who that may be. To that end, Congresswoman, I am asking you to endorse Governor Richardson’s campaign and help ensure that the Republican Party is as united as we can going into the general and advance the Wolf agenda.”

"Ah, it's the unity talk." She nodded softly, humming a little before adjusting her hair again, scowling a little from where a hair clip had caught on her scalp before putting it back in. "I'm not opposed to it, he's a fellow Southerner and there's a great many areas where we cross over in policy, but in many ways, Minority Leader, we do need to be frank about Governor Richardson's shortcomings, and one of those shortcomings is that he has been a contemptible, arrogant snob towards other wings of the party. You saw it with how he made baseless attack after baseless attack on Governor Prendergast's campaign, against you when you were one of Prendergast's endorsers, and then more recently how he undermined the reputation of Secretary Porter. He made the primary very, very ugly."
Neoliberal

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"Exactly. There is a lot that remains unknown. Having a commission could shine the light on the truth of what happened and why there was so much secrecy? I am no conspiracy theorist but I feel like this might be a conspiracy and there are many theories abound. We should, per our responsibility to the American people, move forward with some sort of review."

"What sort of review are you proposing here? I'm doubtful that anything that'd require legislation would make it through both Houses of Congress. Though I am mindful of the future and the need for Congress to exercise its prerogative under the 25th Amendment to set up a body to assess future incapacities..."
Neoliberal

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:10 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"Perhaps something in the House then? A resolution outlining procedure for investigation of such events? For both future events and to be used retroactively? Or perhaps some House investigation into the process to compile a report of what they found? Whether some wrongful behavior or worst yet, evidence of deep state actors." offered Ruler.
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:12 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"Perhaps something in the House then? A resolution outlining procedure for investigation of such events? For both future events and to be used retroactively? Or perhaps some House investigation into the process to compile a report of what they found? Whether some wrongful behavior or worst yet, evidence of deep state actors." offered Ruler.

She frowned a little at the phrase 'deep state actors' but considered. "Well, the relevant committee would be Judiciary so really you'd have to ask Ibrahim Simpson... How many other Republicans, in the House and the Senate, share your concerns? I confess, we were very much in the dark on our side about Arnold Wolf's condition."
Neoliberal

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:22 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"Many patriots, on both sides, are probably concerned. Arnold Wolf is very popular among my fellow Republicans." he said.

"I can certainly speak with Ib-raa-him Simpson." he said, sounding out the foreign, potentially Arabic, name.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:24 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
"Many patriots, on both sides, are probably concerned. Arnold Wolf is very popular among my fellow Republicans." he said.

"I can certainly speak with Ib-raa-him Simpson." he said, sounding out the foreign, potentially Arabic, name.

Considering Ibrahim was simply another form of Abraham, and both Hebrew and Arabic were Semitic languages, Caroline found the other's struggle mildly amusing, but she didn't let onto it. "I'm in a difficult position. Warrick has been impossible to work with on the stimulus, which means I've been forced to work through the White House. If I took a stance, it'd kill the talks. You understand this, of course. You wouldn't be running for Senate in Iowa if you weren't clued up on how this all worked."
Neoliberal

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Well, now that the voters in our party have chosen our nominee , we need to start looking towards the general election and start to coalesce our party around the presumptive nominee, irrespective of who that may be. To that end, Congresswoman, I am asking you to endorse Governor Richardson’s campaign and help ensure that the Republican Party is as united as we can going into the general and advance the Wolf agenda.”

"Ah, it's the unity talk." She nodded softly, humming a little before adjusting her hair again, scowling a little from where a hair clip had caught on her scalp before putting it back in. "I'm not opposed to it, he's a fellow Southerner and there's a great many areas where we cross over in policy, but in many ways, Minority Leader, we do need to be frank about Governor Richardson's shortcomings, and one of those shortcomings is that he has been a contemptible, arrogant snob towards other wings of the party. You saw it with how he made baseless attack after baseless attack on Governor Prendergast's campaign, against you when you were one of Prendergast's endorsers, and then more recently how he undermined the reputation of Secretary Porter. He made the primary very, very ugly."

“Of course, and I completely understand your concerns. I would be perfectly willing to bring these concerns up with the Governor when we next meet if you and Secretary Porter’s other endorsers have that view. It would largely just be an endorsement and potentially some stumping in areas where the Governor is currently weak, particularly rural areas.” Thomas said in a reassuring tone.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:34 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, and I completely understand your concerns. I would be perfectly willing to bring these concerns up with the Governor when we next meet if you and Secretary Porter’s other endorsers have that view. It would largely just be an endorsement and potentially some stumping in areas where the Governor is currently weak, particularly rural areas.” Thomas said in a reassuring tone.

"There's a very strong sense of dissatisfaction amongst us outside of the Richardson bubble, Minority Leader. There's a sentiment that he doesn't respect us, and now just wants to bully us into line rather than treating us with dignity, as an important part of the Republican coalition. It's dangerous."
Neoliberal

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, and I completely understand your concerns. I would be perfectly willing to bring these concerns up with the Governor when we next meet if you and Secretary Porter’s other endorsers have that view. It would largely just be an endorsement and potentially some stumping in areas where the Governor is currently weak, particularly rural areas.” Thomas said in a reassuring tone.

"There's a very strong sense of dissatisfaction amongst us outside of the Richardson bubble, Minority Leader. There's a sentiment that he doesn't respect us, and now just wants to bully us into line rather than treating us with dignity, as an important part of the Republican coalition. It's dangerous."

“Yes, I thought that would be the case. In all honesty, it took some time for me to back the Governor for similar reasons. However, I assure you that I will fully support those of you who feel as if the Governor doesn’t respect you, and I’ll make sure that Secretary Porter and his supporters are included within our party as we move forward. I unequivocally guarantee you that.”
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse