NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 am

Senator Raph Navarro
@NavarrofromCalifornia

Crawford Clay's tone-deaf campaign ad in Texas preaching austerity when we stand on the cusp of the second Great Recession of the 21st century tells us just what he wants for Texas - nothing. If you want results, delivery, relief for ordinary Texans - if you want to spare your state the scars of a second recession - then voting for Harold Baines is a must. #TurnTexasBlue #BainesforSenate

Senator Raph Navarro
@NavarrofromCalifornia

Nate Richardson says he wants to fund the Minority Business Development Agency, something the Wolf-Tawney Administration defunded and his party aided and abetted in the defunding thereof. There is no way we can credulously trust the Republican Party to live up to such a pledge when spreading economic disadvantage, especially amongst minorities, is key to their economic outlook.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 am

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
If you see a BLM thug looting a store or burning down a city in North Dakota don't hesitate to teach that bastard a lesson by violence if necessary! I will pardon everyone who is defending law and order!

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 am

Nate Richardson Campaign Stops April 1st - April 7th

Date: April 1st, 2020
Time Spent: 14 Hours Retail, 1 Hours Meetings, 1 Hours Rally
Guest: Laura Dunn
Area of Focus: Suburban
Topics: Uninsured Crisis, Rebuild the Economy

Date: April 2nd, 2020
Time Spent: Hours Retail, Hours Meetings, Hours Rally
Topics: Uninsured Crisis, Rebuild the Economy

Date: April 3rd, 2020
Time Spent: 13 Hours Retail, 1 Hours Meetings, 2 Hours Rally
Guest:
Topics: Uninsured, Energy Crisis, Rebuild the Economy

Date: April 4th, 2020
Time Spent: 14 Hours Retail, 1 Hours Meetings, 1 Hours Rally

Date: April 5th, 2020
Time Spent: 2 Hours Church, 12 Hours Retail, 1 Hours Meetings, 1 Hours Rally

Date: April 6th, 2020
Time Spent: 13 Hours Retail, 1 Hours Meetings, 1 Hours Rally

Date: April 7th, 2020
Time Spent: 13 Hours Retail, 1 Hours Meetings, 1 Hours Rally
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 am

Louisianan wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Colbert's secretary send him in.
"Hello, Hypolite. What is this about?"

"Well, well, well, Senator Colbert, as I live and breathe, this is you in the flesh eh?" Hypolite said, looking at the senator up and down as if seeing if the man was worthy of his presence, "Don't pussyfoot Senator, you know what I'm here for. I'm here to make amends so to speak, bury the hatchet. And more importantly, I'm here to see what your problem is with me."

Senator Colbert: "If I remember right, when I tried to advise you, you had me blocked on Twitter and told me to go jump in a lake. Now, I'll be willing to forget all that if you apologize, especially because we need all the help we can get to defeat Dayton."
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:30 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Well, well, well, Senator Colbert, as I live and breathe, this is you in the flesh eh?" Hypolite said, looking at the senator up and down as if seeing if the man was worthy of his presence, "Don't pussyfoot Senator, you know what I'm here for. I'm here to make amends so to speak, bury the hatchet. And more importantly, I'm here to see what your problem is with me."

Senator Colbert: "If I remember right, when I tried to advise you, you had me blocked on Twitter and told me to go jump in a lake. Now, I'll be willing to forget all that if you apologize, especially because we need all the help we can get to defeat Dayton."

"Me? Apologize? Look at my position here Senator, this is what, your second or third year in the senate? I was in the Senate for my whole 6-year term, and yet you take the initiative to lecture me on how to run my campaign and handle my own Twitter, I told you I didn't need or want your advice but you continued. Stating I was acting like an idiot, I was putting little old YOU in an uncomfortable position, that I needed to shut up, called me a confederate and went on to say I had no business in the Senate, a place that I was a part of for 6 years, contrary to your two, don't you think you ought to apologize, Mr. Colbert."

Angelle giggled at the last quip as she sat in an open chair and began her knitting,
Last edited by Louisianan on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:31 am

Earl Tenson
@BigEars4Gov

When he is our next President Nate Richardson will continue to Make America Great Again by creating hundreds of jobs, defending our 2nd amendment and standing up to CHINA! #Richardson2020

Concerned American Workers
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:Addressing her daughter, she offered a relaxed expression and sighed.

"Well, its going well. I actually just spoke with some old coworkers in the press, catching up with them. Hadn't done that in a while..." she said, trailing off before perking back up.

"Ah yes. Its clear that there has been a fair share of obstructionism and petty fighting over this bill. I've been reading quite a lot about it though I'm glad it seems you've stayed about the fray. As always." she said, softening her expression before turning to face the both of them.

“Fortunately, I’ve managed to avoid any controversy over it, much less so than Warrick or the Speaker have. Although, I don’t know for how much longer that’ll last for.” Thomas said, his tone featuring a small hint of foreboding.

“Still, I think we’re in a good position as we begin moving towards the general election.”

"Speaking of which, it is almost time." remarked Torrie, nodding to the two of them.

"The Governor is set to make the official announcement soon and then I shall return back here, with y'all, for the official ceremony."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:“Fortunately, I’ve managed to avoid any controversy over it, much less so than Warrick or the Speaker have. Although, I don’t know for how much longer that’ll last for.” Thomas said, his tone featuring a small hint of foreboding.

“Still, I think we’re in a good position as we begin moving towards the general election.”

"Speaking of which, it is almost time." remarked Torrie, nodding to the two of them.

"The Governor is set to make the official announcement soon and then I shall return back here, with y'all, for the official ceremony."

“Of course, I’ll still be here. You’ll do a great job with this. I know that you will, I couldn’t think of a better person.” Thomas said, smiling.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:"Speaking of which, it is almost time." remarked Torrie, nodding to the two of them.

“Of course, I’ll still be here. You’ll do a great job with this. I know that you will, I couldn’t think of a better person.” Thomas said, smiling.

Torrie blushed for a bit before shaking her head.

"It will certainly be an interesting time. Sadie, you'll join us? In the gallery at least?"

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:24 pm

Harold Baines
@MrBMayor

Crawford Clay said it himself, no aid or help for Texans. Maybe if he left his cozy office in DC and actually saw the troubles the average Texan faces right now he'd be much more inclined to help!

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Kargintinia wrote:
(Image)
Harold Baines
@MrBMayor

Crawford Clay said it himself, no aid or help for Texans. Maybe if he left his cozy office in DC and actually saw the troubles the average Texan faces right now he'd be much more inclined to help!

(Image)

Representative Crawford Clay Image
@CrawfordClayJr

That's funny, considering my name's on the AARA— $750 billion in immediate relief. #LyingHarry

Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:08 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Kargintinia wrote:
(Image)
Harold Baines
@MrBMayor

(Image)

@CrawfordClayJr

That's funny, considering my name's on the AARA— $750 billion in immediate relief. #LyingHarry

James Moore
@MichiganMoore

@CrawfordClayJr and that doesn't add to the debt?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Dentali wrote:James Moore
@MichiganMoore

@CrawfordClayJr and that doesn't add to the debt?

@CrawfordClayJr

AARA is a fiscally responsible solution, unlike the extravagant Democratic proposal. We can still take effective action against the recession without doubling the national debt like Baines. Baines will just throw money at his problems and leave them for our grandkids to deal with. Republicans offer REAL solutions like AARA!

How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:13 pm

"Bullseye"
Broadcast across Texas on TV, YouTube, and Social Media
"Harold Baines was an insider in the Baharia administration..."
"...the same administration which put a bullseye over Texas energy."
"Now that our jobs are at stake more than ever..."
"...we can't afford to put our trust in the man who will put them in his crosshairs."
"Crawford Clay is fighting for our jobs in Congress."
"Save Texas energy; Vote Clay."
"I'm Crawford Clay, and I approve this message."
Paid for by Texans for Clay.

The Wanderer

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Anthony Johnston Announcement Ad
"Time for change"
Aired across Alaska

As the sun rises over Alaska, a new day may begin, but for some it is the same old politics as usual

For too long, Alaskans have been let down and forgotten about by Washington but also by their Senator

With our jobs disappearing, crime on the rise and with our country hurtling towards an economic crisis, you have to wonder what Francine Sullivan is doing for Alaskans

The answer? Not enough

We need someone who will protect Alaskan Values and promote Alaskan Interests, instead of ditching Alaska to further their career

My name is Anthony Johnston and I'm running for the United States Senate. I believe Alaskans need a Senator who will fight day and night for Alaska, instead of fighting to further their own career.

I've been fighting for Alaskans all my life, whether it was when I was a State Trooper, State Senator or State Governor and I will continue fighting for Alaskans when I'm elected to the United States Senate.

I'm Anthony Johnston, I'm pro-jobs, I'm pro-gun and most importantly, I'm pro-Alaska.
I approve this message.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Anthony Johnston
@AlaskanAnthony
It's official! I'm running for the United States Senate. It's time to deliver for Alaskans and make their voices heard!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Francine Sullivan
@AlaskanAstronaut
I welcome Governor Anthony Johnston to the race. I know that he and I will both run clean races, seeking to unite the state behind a message instead of dividing. I wish I could join him on the campaign trail but given the economic crisis, it's time we focus on getting work done for Alaskans, not just talking about it.

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:“Of course, I’ll still be here. You’ll do a great job with this. I know that you will, I couldn’t think of a better person.” Thomas said, smiling.

Torrie blushed for a bit before shaking her head.

"It will certainly be an interesting time. Sadie, you'll join us? In the gallery at least?"

"For a short while. Unfortunately work calls you know." Sadie let out a small smile.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Kargintinia wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:Torrie blushed for a bit before shaking her head.

"For a short while. Unfortunately work calls you know." Sadie let out a small smile.

"I understand though do try to make it down. Doesn't happen every day you know?" replied Torrie.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Louisianan wrote:
The Orion Islands wrote:Senator Colbert: "If I remember right, when I tried to advise you, you had me blocked on Twitter and told me to go jump in a lake. Now, I'll be willing to forget all that if you apologize, especially because we need all the help we can get to defeat Dayton."

"Me? Apologize? Look at my position here Senator, this is what, your second or third year in the senate? I was in the Senate for my whole 6-year term, and yet you take the initiative to lecture me on how to run my campaign and handle my own Twitter, I told you I didn't need or want your advice but you continued. Stating I was acting like an idiot, I was putting little old YOU in an uncomfortable position, that I needed to shut up, called me a confederate and went on to say I had no business in the Senate, a place that I was a part of for 6 years, contrary to your two, don't you think you ought to apologize, Mr. Colbert."

Angelle giggled at the last quip as she sat in an open chair and began her knitting,

Senator Colbert: "You made several comments that reflected poorly on Republicans across this country, you publicly defended the Confederacy, and you almost got yourself into a debate with one of the most articulate and intelligent men in the Senate. I was just trying to help you. Now let's just say we both said things we regret, and move on?"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:48 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Louisianan wrote:"Me? Apologize? Look at my position here Senator, this is what, your second or third year in the senate? I was in the Senate for my whole 6-year term, and yet you take the initiative to lecture me on how to run my campaign and handle my own Twitter, I told you I didn't need or want your advice but you continued. Stating I was acting like an idiot, I was putting little old YOU in an uncomfortable position, that I needed to shut up, called me a confederate and went on to say I had no business in the Senate, a place that I was a part of for 6 years, contrary to your two, don't you think you ought to apologize, Mr. Colbert."

Senator Colbert: "You made several comments that reflected poorly on Republicans across this country, you publicly defended the Confederacy, and you almost got yourself into a debate with one of the most articulate and intelligent men in the Senate. I was just trying to help you. Now let's just say we both said things we regret, and move on?"

Hypolite shook his head, "Sure, but remember pal, I forgive, but I don't forget. I won't forget how you said I don't belong here, and I sure won't forget how you treated me, but I will forgive you, and I'd like your endorsement, not for me, but to show folks like Senator Dunbar, you've resolved your issues with me."

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:49 pm

Kargintinia wrote:"For a short while. Unfortunately work calls you know." Sadie let out a small smile.

"I understand though do try to make it down. Doesn't happen every day you know?" replied Torrie.

"I couldn't think of a better thing to be late for work for, but sadly even for my mother they would still put me out of a job." She joked. "But yes, I'll be there."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Image The Associated Press Image
Top News
ImageImage
SENATOR BARRY ANDERSON OF MISSOURI RESIGNS
GOVERNOR SWIFTLY APPOINTS NEW SENATOR CITING ECONOMIC CRISIS
By James Portnoy
April 7th, 2020
BREAKING - Senator Anderson, a longtime conservative voice in the Senate, officially resigned today. The state's governor appointed Torrie Volker, former White House Director of Communications and Press Secretary, to succeed him in Washington.

While news had swirled around now former Senator Barry Anderson's recent health, the senator had maintained that he would continue serving his home state of Missouri. A senate veteran of almost 18 years, it was only recent time off and away from Washington that had fueled rumors of declining health. But in February, news broke that the three-term senator was considering resigning due to health concerns, before his office finally revealing a recent cancer diagnosis. But with elections already underway, the resignation would have likely created a vacancy that would have sat empty until the November election. With this in mind, Senator Anderson revealed his diagnosis but did not immediately offer up his resignation, only indicating that it could happen before the year was up.

His absence was noted in the Senate and after providing an honest farewell to the Senate in March, the senior senator from Missouri returned home. In the meanwhile, speculation was rampant as to who would be appointed to as the next senator. Obvious picks like House Minority Leader Thomas Volker or the up and coming state Lieutenant Governor (Not-Mike Kehoe) were named though both soon expressed no interest in the position. The dark horse of the process soon proved to be Torrie Volker, wife to the top House Republican, and now former White House Director of Communications. These rumors only grew larger upon her resignation from the Tawney White House and indications of support by ex-presidential candidate Governor Jonah Prendergast of West Virginia.

Citing pressing economic concerns, Governor (Not-Parson) swiftly announced that his office had been vetting many candidate in preparation for Sen. Anderson's resignation. He lauded the credentials of many other candidates though eventually confirmed that Torrie Volker had been selected, citing her strong connections in Washington as a useful tool that could help break ongoing gridlock related to relief legislation. The now appointed Senator Volker briefly spoke, thanking the governor and Missouri, while reaffirming that she would seek to first get the people of the state more relief faster and second, to honor the service of Barry Anderson. She is expected to arrive in Washington later today and be sworn in as the third woman to represent the state in the Senate but the first Republican woman.
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Kargintinia wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:"I understand though do try to make it down. Doesn't happen every day you know?" replied Torrie.

"I couldn't think of a better thing to be late for work for, but sadly even for my mother they would still put me out of a job." She joked. "But yes, I'll be there."

Torrie chuckled before facing the group as a whole again.

"Any exciting news of your own you two?"

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Henry Mason Retail
Henry Mason would give small speeches throughout the Fourth District, emphasizing his experience and legislative history, especially when he worked with the Governor. He would visit homeless shelters, police stations, hospitals and schools all to discuss his campaign and what they would like to see from his term should he win.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse