NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

I want every working American to remember not to eat our own, even in these pressing times. We may dress differently, pray differently, vote differently even, but at the end of the day we are all in the same boat. China and the corporate elite is attacking us, not our fellow workers.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Politicians who claim to speak for marginalized Americans should stick together, too. There is no reason to harp on primary disputes and minor differences on style/optics. Let's keep perspective and get to work for the American people.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

It's time for a #NewNewDeal for Americans to rediscover our common purpose, win the global race with China, and build the infrastructure that the future calls for. The statistics are clear: We need jobs, and we're not going to get them back without bold public investments. Let's get to work.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

I want every working American to remember not to eat our own, even in these pressing times. We may dress differently, pray differently, vote differently even, but at the end of the day we are all in the same boat. China and the corporate elite is attacking us, not our fellow workers.

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Politicians who claim to speak for marginalized Americans should stick together, too. There is no reason to harp on primary disputes and minor differences on style/optics. Let's keep perspective and get to work for the American people.

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

It's time for a #NewNewDeal for Americans to rediscover our common purpose, win the global race with China, and build the infrastructure that the future calls for. The statistics are clear: We need jobs, and we're not going to get them back without bold public investments. Let's get to work.

Liked and retweeted by @MadamSpeaker.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:34 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

liked and retweeted by @HugoFitzgeraldTX
Last edited by Deblar on Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:35 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

(Image)
Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Liked and Retweeted by @KathleenNez

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Governor Chambers keeps his eye on this latest spat between leading Democrats and decides not to let it go to waste. He uses a Twitter burner account to help spread this spat, and he calls a few "Friends" to help spread it as far as possible. A hundred bucks in the mail never hurt anyone. That's what those friends got for helping spread this spat all over the Twitterverse.
Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
(Image)(Image)
Leslie Del Moral
@DelMoralOffical

Dayton solo nos está dando canciones pop vacías, ¡esto es una broma transmitida por la radio! - Dayton is only giving us empty pop songs, this is a radio aired joke! #vergonzoso

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)
Concerned American Workers wrote:
(Image)
All liked and retweeted by @ChiefCornMan2016
All liked and retweeted by @ChiefCornMan2016
Martin Spellman
@thespellman
If the Dayton campaign is serious about supporting the Hispanic community, let's focus on supporting sanctuary policies, ending migrant detention cages, and creating a real path to citizenship. Not jingles.
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
(Image)
Martin Spellman
@thespellman
If the Dayton campaign is serious about supporting the Hispanic community, let's focus on supporting sanctuary policies, ending migrant detention cages, and creating a real path to citizenship. Not jingles.

Senator Raph Navarro
@NavarrofromCalifornia

Senator Dayton takes all of those issues seriously. The fact that you don't take Latino issues seriously enough to look at Latinos beyond immigration, & address issues like long-term deprivation in Latino communities here in the US, & ongoing discrimination in society & the workplace, is a problem. Ending racist immigration policy is important, but Latino doesn't = immigrant. There have been Latinos in America since before independence.
(Image)
Senator Raph Navarro
@NavarrofromCalifornia

Senator Dayton takes all of those issues seriously. The fact that you don't take Latino issues seriously enough to look at Latinos beyond immigration, & address issues like long-term deprivation in Latino communities here in the US, & ongoing discrimination in society & the workplace, is a problem. Ending racist immigration policy is important, but Latino doesn't = immigrant. There have been Latinos in America since before independence.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Senator Navarro, the PAC reduced them to a jingle in Spanish and set it to stereotypical music first. But if we want to focus on workers rights, let's talk about how working Latinos and Latinas backed Levi Murphy's message overwhelming, not Jillian Dayton's. Those are the voices we should be including, not just yours and those of the establishment.
(Image)
Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Senator Navarro, the PAC reduced them to a jingle in Spanish and set it to stereotypical music first. But if we want to focus on workers rights, let's talk about how working Latinos and Latinas backed Levi Murphy's message overwhelming, not Jillian Dayton's. Those are the voices we should be including, not just yours and those of the establishment.

Senator Raph Navarro
@NavarrofromCalifornia

Martin, I grew up in East LA. I saw what long-term deprivation did to my community, and the many ills that came with it. You can't say "let's focus on workers rights" because you've been called out on saying something insensitive and reductive. But if you want to talk about Levi Murphy's message on race, we can always look at how he tried to Twitter troll the most politically influential Native American woman in the nation's history.
(Image)
Senator Raph Navarro
@NavarrofromCalifornia

Martin, I grew up in East LA. I saw what long-term deprivation did to my community, and the many ills that came with it. You can't say "let's focus on workers rights" because you've been called out on saying something insensitive and reductive. But if you want to talk about Levi Murphy's message on race, we can always look at how he tried to Twitter troll the most politically influential Native American woman in the nation's history.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
I responded to you Senator and stand by my statement that the Senator should do fewer jingles and more policy reconciliation. As for Levi Murphy, you ought to remember that I stood by Kathleen Nez and condemned his comments. Did you do the same when Senator Dayton's failure to pardon a young black man came to light? That's her record on race.
Alozia wrote:
(Image)
Martin Spellman
@thespellman
I responded to you Senator and stand by my statement that the Senator should do fewer jingles and more policy reconciliation. As for Levi Murphy, you ought to remember that I stood by Kathleen Nez and condemned his comments. Did you do the same when Senator Dayton's failure to pardon a young black man came to light? That's her record on race.

Anne Murphy Caldwell
@AnneCaldwell
Your record on race is lecturing a Latino man on race and equating all Latino people with undocumented migrants, shamelessly ignoring the larger range of issues the community faces. All because of an ad created and sponsored by Jill's supporters... If this is what it takes for you to start attacking minority leaders...

Anne Murphy Caldwell
@AnneCaldwell
Maybe next time you could tell me what I should think about women's issues?
Alozia wrote:
(Image)
Anne Murphy Caldwell
@AnneCaldwell
Your record on race is lecturing a Latino man on race and equating all Latino people with undocumented migrants, shamelessly ignoring the larger range of issues the community faces. All because of an ad created and sponsored by Jill's supporters... If this is what it takes for you to start attacking minority leaders...

(Image)
Anne Murphy Caldwell
@AnneCaldwell
Maybe next time you could tell me what I should think about women's issues?

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
I am not lecturing the Senator on anything. In fact, my critiscms laid only with the ad and the campaign. But if you would prefer no criticism of her campaign or anything related at all, then please let me know when accountability returns...when we can expect to be done settling for Jillian Dayton's campaign and demand progressive change.
(Image)(Image)
Leslie Del Moral
@DelMoralOffical

@AnneCaldwell very disappointing. Spellman questioning Dayton and discussing some Latino issues is not ‘race lecturing’ - we should also not be quick to segregate issues, we mustn’t devalue what someone’s says based on skin. Equal justice, equal voice for all. Martin is in no way being problematic and I respect his views.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:50 pm

All of the above tweets liked and retweeted by @ChiefCornMan2016
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:48 pm

Santiago emailed Clara Zhang, the DNC chair.

To: Clara Zhang, Miguel Velez
Subject: Grassroots work in Miami

Mrs. Zhang and Governor Velez,

I am Alexander Santiago, the Representative for Florida's 27th Congressional District, and I am running for reelection.

As I am sure you know, Florida holds the biggest potential for the Democratic party. 29 swing-state electoral votes is a lot for us to get in an election, and could kill a Republican candidate. It also contains a large Latino community, of which I belong, and some major cities. However, Florida is not in our hands. Many of the Latinos, a large portion of whom are Cubans, distrust the Democratic party. They or their parents or grandparents fled a communist country, and the Republicans paint many Democrats as communists who are trying to make the US a communist country. Obviously, there is work to be done.

Before I became governor of Miami, I was in charge of the Free FL PAC, which aimed to increase voting rights in Florida. That PAC helped me greatly in my mayoral election, and in my House campaigns. Grassroots work in Florida could not only secure a Democratic governorship in Florida in 2022 (I am considering running in place of Velez if he does not run) and an election victory in, if not 2020, 2024, but it could also lead to us flipping some Republican districts blue, like District 25, which contains Hialeah, and is 76% Hispanic. A devoted grassroots effort could bring that into our hands.

Why I am emailing you is to ask for your, and the DNC's, cooperation on this. Democratic money poured into south florida, and Jacksonville, which has nearly 900,000 people but is Republican. We have obviously missed the mark in Florida. We can change this swing state into a blue state, but to do that we need money, a concerted effort, and moderate candidates from around the state. Would you and other important leaders of the Democratic party like to come to Miami to discuss this opportunity for growth?

Thank you,
Alexander Santiago

MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 pm

Governor Wes Bucknell
@GovBuck

Party of FDR and Kennedy collapsing in on itself. SAD!

Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 pm

"Seguro"
Broadcast throughout the month of May across Texas on TV, radio, YouTube, and Social Media, targeted at Spanish-speaking Texans
Nuestros trabajos están en peligro...
(Our jobs are in danger...)
...lo que significa que nuestras hijos también lo están.
(...which means our children are, too.)
Afortunadamente, el congresista Clay está aquí para ayudarnos.
(Luckily, Congressman Clay is here to help us.)
"Gracias al Clay, mi trabajo está a seguro."
(Thanks to Congressman Clay, my job is safe.)
"Gracias al Clay, mi negocio está a seguro."
(Thanks to Clay, my business is safe.)
"Gracias a Clay, nuestros niños están a seguro."
(Thanks to Clay, our kids are safe.)
Clay patrocinó la AARA. Está luchando por nosotros.
(Clay sponsored the AARA. He's fighting for us.)
Mantenga Texas seguro. Vota Clay.
(Keep Texas safe. Vote Clay.)
"Soy Crawford Clay y apruebo este mensaje."
(I'm Crawford Clay, and I approve this message.)
Paid for by Texans for Clay.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Fiona Lowell Campaign Schedule

for
5 – 10 May

TUESDAY, 5 MAY — Grant County
  • EVENT: DOOR-KNOCKING/RETAIL/CANVASSING
    • Time Spent: 10 Hours
    • Voters Targeted: White Working Class
    • Policy Focus: Healthcare, Economic Recovery & Local Issues
    • Talking Points: Fortifying the Affordable Care Act, Rebuilding Wisconsin & Addressing Local Concerns
  • EVENT: TOWN HALL
    • Time Spent: 1 Hour
    • Talking Points: Fortifying the Affordable Care Act, Rebuilding Wisconsin & Addressing Local Concerns
WEDNESDAY, 6 MAY — Crawford County
THURSDAY, 7 MAY — Vernon County
FRIDAY, 8 MAY — La Crosse County
SATURDAY, 9 MAY — Trempealeau County
SUNDAY, 10 MAY — Eau Claire County
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Alozia wrote:
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release
May 7, 2020

Press release

Statement from President Richard George Tawney on the Endorsement of Nathaniel Richardson, former Governor of North Carolina, for the Office of President of the United States

WASHINGTON, D.C. - President Tawney announced today his support for Nathaniel Richardson to become the next President of the United States.

For the past year I have watched the Republican presidential primary with utmost interest, seeing clashing ideas and differing viewpoints come to the forefront of the inner-party discourse has been a learning experience. Many divisions were shown, in spite of what some may say the Republican Party is not a monolith, it comprises representatives of many schools of thought and ideologies. Even then a significant factor was brought to my attention, one that has certainly been visible to many of you as well. Despite our disagreements, the Republican Party is united by the desire and willingness to improve the standard of living of every American, embolden the entrepreneurial spirit of our nation and ensure that no matter what the Star-Spangled Banner waves proudly in the wind, never bowing to the whims of our enemies.

Therefore I would like to reinforce the spirit of unity and good-will within the party of Abraham Lincoln by making my endorsement. It is my sincere belief that Governor Nathaniel Richardson of North Carolina should and will be the next President of the United States, never deviating from the presidential oath of office - keeping guard over our constitution, safeguarding the rights of the American people and staying vigilant in the face of all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

The reasons for my relatively late endorsement are not personal, as I’ve mentioned in the past I’ve had the pleasure of talking with Governor Richardson on the phone shortly after his opponent, Secretary Bernard Porter - a fine man in his own right - decided to concede his defeat, therefore making Nathaniel the presumptive Republican nominee. In our conversation, I congratulated the Governor and wished him all the best. I did what I could to make my endorsement public as soon as possible, but with the weight of the crisis laying heavy on the shoulders of every member of the federal government, myself included, politics had to be put aside for the time being.

Even though the economic downturn is far from over, it is time to look to the future. Our country is only as strong and as capable as the men and women leading it. I would like to, once again, wish Nathaniel Richardson and his family good health, joy and many more successes to come.

God Bless You All and God Bless the United States of America

Shared on all Richardson social media and by surrogates
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:20 pm

Dentali wrote:“Porterites are demanding full ban on abortion, full overturn of the gay marriage ruling and a full ban on pornography.... and an apology for calling them socialists. Richardson apologized for the socialism but but won’t give on the other bits... at least not in the direct absolute terms they are asking for... he’s leaned into the culture war stuff too to try and make up for it.... and the support of President Wolf made up a lot of the difference. But he won’t get them fully back unless Porter backs him.... it’s probably a percent in Ohio and Pennsylvania but that could be the margin. That being said the Porter people won’t win primaries if they don’t support the nominee.”

"I'll have to divorce myself from Richardson if he goes all-in on those things. I can't associate with an abortion ban and overturning Obergefell in New Hampshire, and the more he leans into the culture war stuff, the more he's going to hand this state to Dayton anyway," she shook her head with a frown, "Has Richardson tried offering Porter State or something? Promises you don't have to make good on until you're in office tend to be pretty useful. Or nudging him towards replacing Norm Lee in Alabama?"

“No, Richardson made it pretty clear he won’t do submit to those demands... if he had to pick between you or Porter he’d pick you every time. As for an offer of State I’m not certain, though I’ve had some Porter people skeptical that Porter could get confirmed even if Richardson offered... I think Porter is looking for a future Deep South but I’m not exactly the Porter whisperer.... I can’t imagine him taking orders again.”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 pm

Dentali wrote:“No, Richardson made it pretty clear he won’t do submit to those demands... if he had to pick between you or Porter he’d pick you every time. As for an offer of State I’m not certain, though I’ve had some Porter people skeptical that Porter could get confirmed even if Richardson offered... I think Porter is looking for a future Deep South but I’m not exactly the Porter whisperer.... I can’t imagine him taking orders again.”

"Well, I never said we had to actually make good on such a promise," she chuckled warmly, shaking her head, "Maybe he'll take holy orders and we'd be rid of him. I'm pretty sure he's managed the celibacy part."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:45 pm

New Orleans, Louisiana

Hypolite Gaspard Campaign Speech
May 8th, 2020

Hypolite began to speak, making sure to annunciate as best as he could, and moderate on some of his more extreme views. He read from a pre-written speech,

"New Orleans, it's wonderful to be here. New Orleans is the cultural capital of Louisiana, and possibly the country. New Orleans is a great example of America's 'Boiling Pot' theory, and Louisiana's 'Crawfish Pot' theory. We put our crawfish, our seasonings, our sausage, our mushrooms, our potatoes, and our corn inside to this great big pot, just to let it boil, after which, we get boiled crawfish. While we get one type of Crawfish taste, we cannot forget about those different and distinct ingredients." Hypolite cleared his throat and spoke on,

"New Orleans is a place where I could drive from one end to the other and see Wolf 2016 flags on one side of the street, and Clifford 2016 signs on the other, and right in those yards and in the street, are kids playing. Kids playing hopscotch, basketball, or tossing a baseball, with their parents drinking ice tea on the porch. My point is, despite our differences, we come together, as one Louisiana. I have sought to unite my party, my state, and my country, starting when I joined the Navy."

"In the short period that I was in the armed forces, I met people from all over the country. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, I met 'em all. I made some damned good friends, most of which are deceased, but one thing I'll never forget was the brothership we made in those short few weeks I spent with them. My pa always told me, 'Boy, everybody is equal, plain as that. Make sure everyone is welcome, happy, and comfortable, that is what God wants for all of his children in these lands.' and I still believe in that saying, despite what the media will tell you." Hypolite put his paper aside and began to speak from the heart,

"I'm not out here to force a change on y'all minds, but I do want to make sure my message is understood, in its entirety." Hypolite began to read from the page again,

"I seek to unite us, as common people, for a common purpose, to advance our nation, as well as our state. Louisiana First, is my motto. I have spoken those words since the beginning of my campaign. In my first campaign speech, I said, 'I see y'all, I hear y'all, and I love y'all.' and that couldn't be closer to the truth. Louisiana, and the people living here, will always hold a firm point in my heart." Hypolite pauses, to sip some sweet tea,

"As I said, I seek to unite us as common people. I do not seek to divide us, I seek to bring an air of certainty among our people. We as Louisianans, are tired of waiting for our state to get help. We are tired of biting our fingernails in anticipation of how the federal Government will hurt us next. We have tried... we have tried to take the Democrat's approach to things, for many years. We have not advanced, nor backtracked, we have stayed at a standstill." Hypolite spoke directly to the audience,

"Governor Holland, I know, will strive to push forward. Will strive to advance us, as a common people, and a common purpose. The Baharia Administration is the administration that left us stranded in the 2016 August Flood. He was too busy vacationing with his family, to tour the disaster area, the flooded area, and the devastation that was brought to our state, by no fault of our own." Hypolite began to walk around the stage, reciting memorized parts of the speech,

"Previous presidents have bypassed Louisiana after natural disasters. President Burke was widely criticized after he flew right over this very city, in 2005. The Democrats were his loudest critics. It is simple hypocrisy. Our truth does not matter to the Democrats. What matters to them, is whatever will fit their liberal agenda. For instance, President Wolf, is touted as a racist. But, they don't tell us about Vice President Diehl saying this about Rashid Baharia, and I quote, 'I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,' and we can't forget about, 'You cannot go into a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.'" Hypolite, began to speak with his hands, as the Cajun expression goes,

"Rashid Baharia's Vice President, Mr. Diehl, was a colleague of mine in the Senate. He rubbed shoulders with the likes of Strom Thurmond, men who I opposed in many cases. Mr. Diehl is just one example of the Democrats and their hypocrisy. Secretary Bellman, the leading Democrat in this race, did not comment when Baharia refused to visit Louisiana after many of our homes, our buildings, and our schools were flooded, yet, I did. Why was this? When Burke flew over New Orleans, I was deeply disappointed, and I did make a stand then, just like I did in 2016. Absolute hypocrisy from the Dems."

"Secretary Bellman became the face of this city’s reaction to the crisis after Hurricane Katrina, drawing attention away from the corrupted administration of (Not-Ray Nagin), who was convicted on twenty of twenty-one charges of wire fraud, bribery, and money laundering related to bribes from city contractors before and after Katrina and was sentenced to ten years in federal prison." Hypolite shook his head,

"Elected officials in Louisiana, have brought our state down considerably in the past few years. Starting with before Katrina, and continuing, even into this day in age. I will not act holier than thou, Republicans, as well as Democrats, have sunken Louisiana deeper and deeper into the mud. We just elected a Republican Governor, with a plan. With an idea, on how to make Louisiana grow, and survive in our fast-changing times. I have a plan. I have an idea. I have always done my best to work for our state. Hence why I have never been defeated, besides my first congressional race." Hypolite walked back to the podium and continued with his speech,

"I helped pass the IDEA Act, the FACT Act, and the HEART Act. There were many times in my political history, that I faced great opposition and challenges, but I continued, I marched on. I marched on, not to keep my paycheck, but to keep the people of Louisiana at the top. Louisiana needs an outspoken Senator because for far too long, we have been silenced and ignored. Similar to the way Minority Republicans are ignored, by the mainstream media."

"(Not-Candace Owens) is a loud, proud, strong, and conservative Black woman, who has been called a traitor to her sex and race, by the same liberals who call for the uplifting of Minorities. Another example, of Liberal hypocrisy, and we can't forget about Republican Senator (Not-Tim Scott) bless his soul."

"We have got to do what's best for Louisiana, in this election. In this election, we have Mrs. Jillian Dayton, who couldn't be bothered with a debate and was instead more interested in her watch. How can we expect her to actually care about a poor, small, conservative state? The same goes for Secretary Bellman. He left Louisiana, he left his people, to take up a position that had no direct impact on our state. The Democrats are not willing to listen to us, any longer."

"I have tried, since my earliest elections, to participate in the best ways. To protect my people, to work for and with my fellow man, to achieve our common goal of pushing our state forward. I can promise all of you, money is not my priority, fame is not my priority, peddling hate is not my priority. My priority is putting Louisiana First, thank you all for your time! I see y'all, I hear y'all and I love y'all." Hypolite walked off the stage, feeling very proud of his speech, and the reception that he received.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Sarenium wrote:"When you win in November," Howard bit his lip, "and are sitting in the U.S. Senate, there is an item of unfinished work left over from my Senate office that I would like to find a pair of steady hands to entrust to, comprehensive immigration reform we started way back under President Burke. I may not be around if it were ever passed, the toxicity in Washington gets worse not better, but should you see the opportunity," Howard paused, "would you support the proposition we passed through the Senate in 2013, if it came up again?"
"S.744?" Clay asked quickly. Say what you would about the man, but he was well-informed on his state's issues. "I'd be more than glad to pass that, sir, and I certainly hope you'll see it implemented." Privately, Clay wondered if he would live to see any substantial immigration reform. "I'll make it my priority," he affirmed, "as I've promised the people of Texas."

Build the wall echoed in his ears. "I'll have my people reach out to Governor Richardson, and see if we can't organize a proper mega-rally later in the season, provided you're willing, Senator." He turned to Joe. "In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if you'd help me here, in the Panhandle, and the other parts of Texas that, uh, voted en masse for you this primary."

The Wanderer

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 pm

"There isn't an easy way to say this."

Kim was used to hearing that phrase. It was how ninety percent of sentences began these days. So when Doctor Chandra opened with it, her heart barely fluttered. Michael, sitting next to her, gripped her hand and smiled bravely.

"Well, then just say it, Doc."

Chandra sighed, wiping his glasses briefly. "Kim, we've tried everything...surgery, medication, therapy. You need to accept it."

Mutely, she shook her head. The doctor sighed again. Michael squeezed her hand.

"Kim, honey, please. I've seen you try to walk. It's painful--for me, too. Please listen to him."

Her jaw trembling, Kim looked up. "So what? So I just...I just give up? How can I give up when I can't even stand up?"

No one laughed. The doctor looked her dead in the face. "Kimberly, please listen. You need to get used to the idea. It won't hold you back any, not really. But the nerves in your legs, the damage...it's beyond repair. It's, frankly, a minor miracle you can take a step at all unaided. You need to get used to the wheelchair soon, because...well."

She said nothing. Her grip on Michael's hand intensified, and he pulled her closer, comforting her wordlessly.

"You'll be good to go back to work in...about teo or three weeks," Chandra continued, "and I'll be in contact with your primary care physician in Kansas. I'm sorry, Mrs. Dunbar, but. Well."

She nodded. Michael kissed the top of her head briefly.

"I'll take her back to her room, thanks doc. She just...she needs to adjust, you know..."

"I understand," Chandra said with a slight smile, "have a good day."

It felt like gliding, moving smoothly down the hallway, pushed by her husband, back to the inpatient room she'd been stuck in for weeks. Her brain felt like the TV in her parents' house, when she'd sneak into the living room in the dead of night while the house slept and read by the wan light of the static on the screen.

She felt like the static. Chaotic but undisturbed.

Numb, was the word, she decided.

Michael pushed her into the room and wheeled her over by the bed. He helped her into the bed and laid a kiss on her forehead, gentle as could be.

"I'm sorry, Kim," he whispered, "but we'll get through it. Together."

"Why."

Her voice came out as a croak. Tears shone at the corners of her eyes.

"Why what," Michael said, sitting at the end of the bed.

"Why are you...like this?"

He laughed, raking his fingers through his short grey hair. "Old?"

"Good to me."

He looked at her again, face starting to fall. "Well...why wouldn't I be?"

"Please," she snorted, "don't patronize me. I...fly off to D.C. constantly, run all over the country, you-you know. I feel...I feel like..."

He laid his hand on hers again and squeezed. "Kim, I get it."

A sob croaked out of her throat, and he pulled her closer, holding her tight. "Hey, hey. I get it. Now you..."

He laughed gently.

"You listen to me. You are a grown woman with a career."

He pushed her away slightly, resting his forehead against hers. "I'm not objecting to getting to spend more time with my wife, but you're a working woman, and I've got a job too."

Kim sniffled and kissed her husband gently on the lips. "I feel, just, I..."

"Kim, honey," Michael said, tired, "we can talk about this later. Right now, I want you focused on getting better. Okay?"

She nodded, and he hugged her again, and held her close while she drifted away into sleep.
My pronouns are they/them

Join Home of the Brave!
Big Jim P wrote:I like the way you think.

Constaniana wrote:Ah, so you were dropped on your head. This explains a lot.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Snarky bastard.

The Grey Wolf wrote:You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh because thIs is the best satire I've ever seen or be very very afraid because someone actually thinks all this so.... have a cookie?

John Holland wrote: John Holland
your mom

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:16 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Sarenium wrote:"When you win in November," Howard bit his lip, "and are sitting in the U.S. Senate, there is an item of unfinished work left over from my Senate office that I would like to find a pair of steady hands to entrust to, comprehensive immigration reform we started way back under President Burke. I may not be around if it were ever passed, the toxicity in Washington gets worse not better, but should you see the opportunity," Howard paused, "would you support the proposition we passed through the Senate in 2013, if it came up again?"
"S.744?" Clay asked quickly. Say what you would about the man, but he was well-informed on his state's issues. "I'd be more than glad to pass that, sir, and I certainly hope you'll see it implemented." Privately, Clay wondered if he would live to see any substantial immigration reform. "I'll make it my priority," he affirmed, "as I've promised the people of Texas."

Build the wall echoed in his ears. "I'll have my people reach out to Governor Richardson, and see if we can't organize a proper mega-rally later in the season, provided you're willing, Senator." He turned to Joe. "In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if you'd help me here, in the Panhandle, and the other parts of Texas that, uh, voted en masse for you this primary."

Joe nodded slowly, "I'll endorse you simultaneously as my father. Though," he glanced at Howie who understood the look, "the primary, I think, demonstrated I don't have a strong knack for electoral politics. I'll happily give some speeches here and there, though I doubt their impact."

"We're not as divided as a party as the Democrats," grinned Howard, "their left and right's feuds don't end as amicably as ours. Doctor tells me to limit my time spent standing, so let's pick a location near to a good pub."

Joe smirked.

Howard would farewell Crawford, and Joe would offer to walk him out, and it was here Joe would turn to his former opponent and say, "this isn't necessarily a condition of endorsement, but rather a question in honour of my father. He's done this state good, he talks a big game but his doctors worry he won't make it to January, and that if he does his retirement won't be long or very liberating."

Joe paused again, searching for the right word, "I know we're a difficult family to enjoy the company of," he grimaced, "but my father, and the entire Frankston Family, would be honoured if you would, as Senator, posthumously rename the Russell Senate Offices where he's spent camped out for the better part of thirty years, after him. If you'd rather not, I can understand, but I figured I'd ask you before I asked someone else."
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:21 am

Dentali wrote:“No, Richardson made it pretty clear he won’t do submit to those demands... if he had to pick between you or Porter he’d pick you every time. As for an offer of State I’m not certain, though I’ve had some Porter people skeptical that Porter could get confirmed even if Richardson offered... I think Porter is looking for a future Deep South but I’m not exactly the Porter whisperer.... I can’t imagine him taking orders again.”

"Well, I never said we had to actually make good on such a promise," she chuckled warmly, shaking her head, "Maybe he'll take holy orders and we'd be rid of him. I'm pretty sure he's managed the celibacy part."

Warrick thought the comment was odd but said nothing "If I thought we could trick him into accepting that deal I would do it, but I think he realizes that wouldn't fly... he wouldn't fall for it is what i'm trying to say.... But back to the original reason you called... I don't know what Eliza would accept, i'll put out some feelers and get some options, If you speak to Eliza anytime soon see if you can get a grasp on what she might angle for. As I said she's too liberal for a lot of positions at say the RNC... I think she'd be a great Gubernatorial candidate in 22, question is how to best prepare for that... honestly it'd probably be best to get her set up with some foundation or non-profit that deals with responding to the pandemic... gives her room and flexibility rather than being stuck to our party line."

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 am

Emazia wrote:
To: Senator Tim Westra

Dear Senator Westra,

As you are aware the employment and general economic situation in the United States is currently very dire. While I am certainly no economist, I am very well aware of the need to increase spending at this time in order to ensure businesses can survive. As such, I am working on a bill which will come in handy for the next round of relief, or perhaps be large enough to be a standalone bill. I would just like to state at this point that everything is still very open, and I would like to work on the details with people across the political spectrum, starting with yourself, who wields a lot of influence in the progressive wing of the party.

I am very much looking forward to hear your response, and to work together in order to provide relief to our economy, and provide a sensible and reasonable economic plan to ensure the wellbeing of our constituents.

Most sincerely,
Erika Goldman
Senate Deputy Minority Whip (2019-)

TO: Erika Goldman

Senator Goldman,

I am glad you reached out. I think we desperate need to start the push for vast public spending and employment schemes now, given the dire economic condition, and I am truly elated that you see the need for this as well. I think working together as well as with your contacts across the aisle could give this push the credibility it deserves.

I'll see you in your office, just got back from Pennsylvania today.

- Tim
Last edited by Azekopolaltion on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:57 am

Cary, North Carolina

Ellis was overlooking rally plans for Raleigh, promotional materials and potential social media outreach before the event, until a hasty aide rushed in on him. He had arrived a long-bit late, handing in his shaky hands the recent polling figures that had been published. Ellis, despite the close margins, remained clam - glad even.
"No matter." He nodded. "More votes to fight for."
He took out his phone and sent a voicemail to Richardson.
"Hello Governor, understandably you are busy working like always. Our state is going to be a tug rope race and regrettably we aren't as united as we ought to be here, hope you've heard the recent figures. I'd like for us to talk again, try and keep our senate seat here. I propose your residence here?"
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:32 am

Cary, North Carolina

Ellis was overlooking rally plans for Raleigh, promotional materials and potential social media outreach before the event, until a hasty aide rushed in on him. He had arrived a long-bit late, handing in his shaky hands the recent polling figures that had been published. Ellis, despite the close margins, remained clam - glad even.
"Hello Governor, understandably you are busy working like always. Our state is going to be a tug rope race and regrettably we aren't as united as we ought to be here, hope you've heard the recent figures. I'd like for us to talk again, try and keep our senate seat here. I propose your residence here?"

A few minutes later Ellis received a call "Ellis good to hear from you, I see the race in Carolina is heating up?"

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 am

Dentali wrote:
Cary, North Carolina

A few minutes later Ellis received a call "Ellis good to hear from you, I see the race in Carolina is heating up?"

"Sure is, we're gonna need to be working on over time here - quite a race."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 am

Hypolite Gaspard
@HGLouisianaFirst

I love heading over to NOLA. It's a wonderful place, with wonderful, and strong, people. Here are a few highlights of my speech.

(Highlights play)
(The Baharia Administration is the administration that left us stranded in the 2016 August Flood. He was too busy vacationing with his family, to tour the disaster area, the flooded area, and the devastation that was brought to our state, by no fault of our own.)
(Secretary Bellman became the face of this city’s reaction to the crisis after Hurricane Katrina, drawing attention away from the corrupted administration of (Not-Ray Nagin), who was convicted on twenty of twenty-one charges of wire fraud, bribery, and money laundering related to bribes from city contractors before and after Katrina and was sentenced to ten years in federal prison.)
( For instance, President Wolf, is touted as a racist. But, they don't tell us about Vice President Diehl saying this about Rashid Baharia, and I quote, 'I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,' and we can't forget about, 'You cannot go into a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.'" )

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 am

Dentali wrote:

"Sure is, we're gonna need to be working on over time here - quite a race."

"Alright Ellis how can I help? I know the Porter association is hurting you a bit."

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:54 am

Dentali wrote:
Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:"Sure is, we're gonna need to be working on over time here - quite a race."

"Alright Ellis how can I help? I know the Porter association is hurting you a bit."

"Could definitely use your help putting some trust into me from your more sceptical crowd. An endorsement from you could go a long way, couple that with an ad from my end touting our cooperation and economic work and we've strengthened your campaign here as well."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse