NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:16 pm

Speaker Carrie Simone
@MadamSpeaker

The people of Arizona elected their Governor to lead, not to postulate. Governor Smith's insistence on holding up vital aid in order to cut the amount of aid given is nothing short of cruelty, and the campaign to seek his recall is just. Hopefully, the impasse will be resolved - one way or another.

Governor Rudi Kohl
@RK_MN

I will not and will never hold up aid to satisfy elitist special interest groups from coastal states that don't speak for and don't represent Minnesota. I have fostered a good compromise that has delivered one of the highest state minimum wages in the United States, and more material aid than most states are receiving. Minnesotans will emerge stronger from this crisis, because we have chosen not to indulge distractions to real change.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Senator Michelle Brown
@MichelleBrownWY
Congress must act to save the coal industry!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Concerned American Workers
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:"Science was my passion though acting became my career. Most people probably have the opposite happen to them." he said, chuckling at the irony.

"Not many waves near where I lived. Not even in Los Angeles though now I spend more time in Oregon. Living in the American rainforest. Certainly better than touring the country in a campaign bus." he said, acknowledging his question.

"I loved the experience, it was amazing. From going to New York City to South Carolina to the South, I loved it. But like I said, the experience, its a weary one. But I got so much out of it, so much good came out it for for so many others too. I'd call it a miracle is some sense of the word." mused Spellman.

“Those crammed little busses must get you homesick..” He quickly laughed. “Luckily I’ve never felt that issue- running for mayor means you get to sleep in your own bed, what a happy luxury. Oregon must be great.”

“So, you must get this question a lot- is it.. All over?” He gave a thoughtful pause. “If I may, the way Murphy gets eaten up and the lack of leaders. Was it a one off miracle or the start of change?”

"Levi Murphy is complicated. But let's get one thing straight." spoke Marty in a tough tone.

"Progressives don't have a Murphy problem. He has a progressive problem. And once we realize that, we can clearly see that a flawed candidate like himself allowed himself to become miserable with his greater impact. But he is certainly not the last nor will he have doomed our movement. As for the lack of leaders, we have many. Now how many will seek a bid for the Presidency, as of now, I don't know. Though I've toyed with the idea myself. But it's far too early for that conversation."

Spellman chuckled. "Sorry if that felt jumbled, I just have a lot of thoughts against these kind of doubts that the Murphy campaign have spurred."
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:44 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

"That is true. Perhaps we should wait. But I will be very happy to announce that you are willing to investigate the situation. Americans deserve to know the truth and I knew you would be willing to do so. I shall speak with the Chairman and seek his support too."

Ruler smiled before accepting the compliment.

"Thank you Madam. I am trying my best in Iowa. I hope I win," he said dryly.
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

(Image)
Torrie blushed at the allusion to herself by the Senator but she composed herself.

"Quite right, there is a balance that must be struck." she said, listening to him before responding. "Ideally, I would like to be remembered for delivering real reform. Not just focusing on hardened conservative principles but actually listening to the working people of this country. It is about them, not whatever principles politicians here in Washington say they cling to."

She coughed.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The Office of Senator Agatha Cragin, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.

Senator Trelawney, having taken a brief pause from her work in the Senate, decided to take a walk from her own office in the Russel Senate Office Building to that of one of her fellow Republican colleagues. Arriving at the Mainer’s office, the Hoosier entered before presenting herself to Cragin’s secretary.

The secretary allowed her to enter the office of the senator, who was sitting on her desk, smoking a cigarette. She quickly put it out and coughed, clearing her throat. Her heels touched the ground again and she offered a side hug to the woman opposite of her.

"Rebecca!" she began, waving her hands in the air to dispel the smoke.

"I hope you're doing well, excuse the smell. I'm sure you understand, when one gets nervous..." trailed off the Mainer, before perking up again. "What can I do you for Senator? Perhaps a water? I'm sure you've come here to visit me with good reason."
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Congress is preparing to pass a bailout to the fossil fuel industry to save jobs yet the jobs and communities being displaced right now by the Keystone Pipeline have been ignored. I implore Speaker Simone, a brilliant woman who has genuinely acknowledged the importance of the Lenape people in her native Manhattan, to recognize the same thing for the tribes of South Dakota. Use this energy bill to revoke the permit and put people first!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Speaker Caroline Simone
Washington, District of Columbia
Monday 6th April, 2020

There weren't any pressing issues for Caroline to give a statement on right that second, and so this week's press conference would be a normal one. Questions only. Speaking of, any questions?
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Speaker Caroline Simone
Washington, District of Columbia
Monday 6th April, 2020

There weren't any pressing issues for Caroline to give a statement on right that second, and so this week's press conference would be a normal one. Questions only. Speaking of, any questions?

Reporter: Speaker Simone do you believe the energy bill will pass in its current form? Do you support the bill?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Dentali wrote:Reporter: Speaker Simone do you believe the energy bill will pass in its current form? Do you support the bill?

"I don't believe the energy bill will pass in its current form as there's a tiny wording adjustment I've agreed with Leader Volker on that'll resolve a miscommunication in the negotiations, but I believe the bill will pass following that adjustment. I support giving substantial aid to American workers and the bill, following hard negotiations by Democrats, achieves that. Whilst there are understandable reservations regarding climate, I believe that many of the provisions Democrats have fought for will help with the decarbonization of our economy, and that it is an opportunity to move in the right direction."
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Dentali wrote:Reporter: Speaker Simone do you believe the energy bill will pass in its current form? Do you support the bill?

"I don't believe the energy bill will pass in its current form as there's a tiny wording adjustment I've agreed with Leader Volker on that'll resolve a miscommunication in the negotiations, but I believe the bill will pass following that adjustment. I support giving substantial aid to American workers and the bill, following hard negotiations by Democrats, achieves that. Whilst there are understandable reservations regarding climate, I believe that many of the provisions Democrats have fought for will help with the decarbonization of our economy, and that it is an opportunity to move in the right direction."

Reporter: If you had it your way would the money include money for fossil fuel industries? Specifically coal?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Dentali wrote:Reporter: If you had it your way would the money include money for fossil fuel industries? Specifically coal?

"In an ideal world, we would have ensured the transition for fossil fuels workers to move into good, clean, well-paid, union jobs by now, and we'd only be supporting those; but as it stands, I stand by providing aid to all workers, including those working in fossil fuels who bear none of the blame for the issues arising from their industry. Thanks to Democratic pressure, a lot more aid is being directed towards their communities than the Republicans would have originally given."
Neoliberal

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:07 pm

Harold Baines
@MrBMayor

While children have to go school fearing for their lives, "Democratic" Governor Kohl capitulates to the NRA and continues to approve of unfettered gun proliferation. We need background checks now!

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:05 pm

Tartalek's Spotlight on America: Cobb County, Georgia

Away from the hustle and bustle Downtown Atlanta lies the suburban county of Cobb. A relatively sleepy and affluent area the astute reader may wonder why we are covering the county in our series. That question's answer can be found in the results of the 2016 election where Cobb was one of only a few counties that turned away from President Wolf by a large margin, being a reverse pivot county. The county is one of the few Not-Romney- Clifford counties in the country. The editorial staff thought it would be appropriate to get a handle of what is happening in a county with a lot of Republican Clifford supporters, as our previous report covered the Democratic Wolf supporters in rust belt Ohio.

Cobb County is a fast-growing county with large increases to its population. Once a Republican stronghold with even Not-Romney winning the county by more than 10 points in the 2012 election even as he was decisively defeated by President Baharia across the country. The county's sudden lurch to the left surprised many observers with Clifford winning the county by 2 points in the 2016 election. While Wolf's style of conservatism proved popular in areas like the previously covered Mahoning County, simultaneously it turned off many voters here in Cobb.

Talking with the voters of the suburban community, they made one thing appears to us: Character Matters. And they have cited their perceived unpresidential conduct that President Wolf exhibited as the reason for leaving the Republican Party.

"I voted for the Republican candidate for my entire life. But the things that President Wolf did, they were frankly unacceptable to me. The way that he treated former Senator McAbel was a disgrace that goes beyond words. I have no problem candidly admitting with you that President Wolf is one of the least moral people that ever held the Oval Office. Being the father of two sons who are serving in the military, and knowing that they take the ultimate risk of being captured. Just watching how President Wolf treated Prisoners of War just made my skin crawl. I was active in supporting Not-Rubio's campaign here in Georgia, wanting to save my party from the corrupt embrace of Wolfism... But I failed. In 2016 I could not vote for the Republican. So I checked Secretary Clifford's name on the ballot box, and I was quite frankly shocked and horrified by the victory of President Wolf on November. I was just in shock for days. I am glad that we were able to defeat the far-right lurch in our party this year though. I believe that Gov. Richardson is a good man, a decent man, a man that I would not be ashamed to admit to my sons that I voted for.
- Connor Webster, Small Business Owner
Editor's Note: Mr. Webster's sons: Owen Webster currently living in Macomb County, Michigan, and Johnathon Webster living in Clark County, Nevada, will be interviewed in the upcoming installment of this series.

Many voters in this community were angered by comments that President Wolf made that they perceived as insulting to minorities which they felt crossed a line. The voters believe that Gov. Richardson is a candidate that can change the GOP and draw in a new Republican party that turns the page from Wolf, and give the Republican Party a much-needed rejuvenation in the affluent suburban county. They also cite his personal and warm touch to politics as to why they are eager to support the newly minted presumptive Republican nominee.

"I think that it is far past time for the Republican Party to embrace the politics of addition rather than the politics of division or the politics of subtraction. I think President Wolf, bless his heart, did some real harm to the GOP and its long-term branding. Personally, I knew a lot of people that were turned off by his treatment of women and minorities. Calling Mexicans rapists and murderers, saying that White supremacists were some "very fine people", and calling that congresswoman to "go back to their country". A lot of us could not stand his ugly rhetoric and that is why we left the Republican party, and for the first time in our adult lives voted for the Democrat. When I was a member of the college Republicans this was not the party that I signed up for. I am glad that Gov. Richardson corrected the course of the party from the anger and division that perpetuated the Wolf era."

-Jillian Servile, Accountant

The Democrats appear to be preparing themselves for a tougher fight in Cobb County's upcoming elections for its Board of Commissioners. The local Democratic party has been considering pulling resources away from Cobb in anticipation of a weaker performance in the county than they experienced in the 2018 gubernatorial election where they carried Cobb by a relatively hefty margin. Potentially muchof the diverted resources are diverted to conduct rural outreach, a demographic that the Democrats assume that Richardson will perform poorly in.

"Look we need to make the best use of our resources. There are a lot of people around these parts are saying that it is a lost cause to try and win the County Board of Commissioners this year. To win the 2nd district in the Board of Commissioners which is the one that we need in order to win the election the Democratic Party needs to win Cobb by around 15 points or so. I personally do not think that there is a way for us to reach that number this year. And from what I hear with my conversations with the clerk of the county there has been a pretty high amount of Democrat to Republican party switchers. So while I am not saying that we are going to give up in this district, I just want everyone to temper their expectations. We are going to be hard-pressed to replicate our successes in the 2018 governor election. I think that this year it would be a good time to rebuild the ramshackle parties in the rural areas. When the next midterm comes up by cutting into the Republican margins in the rurals and giving us 2 more years to build up here in Cobb we stand a good chance to win in 2022.
- Kristin Cupid, Cobb County Democratic Party Chair

Whatever happens in this election, with the initial surveys that our organization conducted there appears to be a reversion to the mean relative to the 2016 election results. Traditionally Working Class rust belt counties in the Midwest like Mahoning are trending blue once again, while affluent suburban counties in the Sunbelt are trending to the Republican Party. It remains to be seen what the degree of the shift is. It is still an election that nobody knows the outcome of.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:57 am

Concerned American Workers wrote:
The Office of Senator Agatha Cragin, Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.

Senator Trelawney, having taken a brief pause from her work in the Senate, decided to take a walk from her own office in the Russel Senate Office Building to that of one of her fellow Republican colleagues. Arriving at the Mainer’s office, the Hoosier entered before presenting herself to Cragin’s secretary.

The secretary allowed her to enter the office of the senator, who was sitting on her desk, smoking a cigarette. She quickly put it out and coughed, clearing her throat. Her heels touched the ground again and she offered a side hug to the woman opposite of her.

"Rebecca!" she began, waving her hands in the air to dispel the smoke.

"I hope you're doing well, excuse the smell. I'm sure you understand, when one gets nervous..." trailed off the Mainer, before perking up again. "What can I do you for Senator? Perhaps a water? I'm sure you've come here to visit me with good reason."

“Yes, I’ll have a water please, Senator.” Trelawney replied, smiling towards her fellow Republican before speaking again.

“How has the campaign trail been faring so far? Things seem to be heating up from what I’ve seen.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:03 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
“Well, from what I can tell, the main issues are largely to do with image, namely some of the accusations regarding Mayor Baines’ mental state. I need you to hold off on using attack points like that, which it seems you have. Now my second suggestion is that you endorse Governor Richardson, it’ll certainly help bump your polling up, particularly with Richardson winning Texas in the primaries. Of course, that’s not to say that you would need to disassociate yourself from Secretary Porter and his movement, it’s more to help the Republican Party coalesce around the Governor as we move into the general election so we can preserve and advance the Wolf agenda. I also know that Governor Richardson likes you, Crawford, very much so. I’m sure he would be absolutely be willing to reciprocate any endorsement you give for the general election.” Thomas replied cautiously.
Clay listened raptly, then replied after a moment, "I have endorsed Nate in my advertising campaigns, and I plan to incorporate him and his platform into my campaign speeches. What else should I be doing to signal my support?"

“Well, one thing might be to hold a joint rally with Governor Richardson, that way you’ll have the opportunity to make your own endorsement clearer as well as allowing the Governor the opportunity to also endorse you. Regarding policy, you could potentially pivot away from focusing on the national debt from when Mayor Baines was in the Bahamian administration and instead focus on policies that whilst still having an economic focus, will hit closer to home. If I remember correctly, you mentioned to me the last time we spoke that you were writing a bill on child tax credits?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:53 pm

The Office of House Minority Leader Thomas Volker, Cannon House Office Building, Washington D.C.

Monday 6th April, 2020

It was that time of the week for the House Minority Leader’s Twitter town hall, and owing, to the lack of any particular need for any statement that differed from his usual, Congressman Volker waited for the first few questions to begin to trickle through.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:23 pm

The Office of House Minority Leader Thomas Volker, Cannon House Office Building, Washington D.C.

Monday 6th April, 2020

It was that time of the week for the House Minority Leader’s Twitter town hall, and owing, to the lack of any particular need for any statement that differed from his usual, Congressman Volker waited for the first few questions to begin to trickle through.

NetaliaTruman asks, "Mr. Volker, Rep. Clay's amendment is lowering the amount of money on some things and raising the amount of money on other things when the bill already passed the Senate! Why are you supporting something that won't pass, instead of quickly releasing aid out to the people????? Like....I'm so confused here."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Monday 6th April, 2020

NetaliaTruman asks, "Mr. Volker, Rep. Clay's amendment is lowering the amount of money on some things and raising the amount of money on other things when the bill already passed the Senate! Why are you supporting something that won't pass, instead of quickly releasing aid out to the people????? Like....I'm so confused here."

“Before I begin, I’d like to thank you for your question, Ma’am. Now, the House Republican Conference does not intend to slow down relief legislation through political posturing. Instead, we want to ensure that relief legislation is as effective as we possible can be, we just need to look back to the passage of the AARA in the House, where the Democrats also proposed amendments, as another example of Congressional scrutiny.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 pm

Returning to Washington, feeling empowered by Puerto Rico's landslide win, she delivered interviews in the morning from Washington. First national press, then local radios in Wisconsin, Florida, Ohio and Arizona. Then for an early lunch, she had invited Senator Bunker from California to a much needed brunch, she chose a nearby coffee shop with brunch and arrived before her guest, and promptly ordered herself a cappuccino extra shot.

...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:13 am

Tartalek Polling General Election - Pennsylvania

2020 General Election Richardson vs Dayton/Pennsylvania
Sen. Jillian Dayton (D) - 48%
Gov. Nate Richardson (R) - 45%
Undecided/Other - 7%

2020 General Election Richardson vs Murphy/Pennsylvania
Sen. Levi Murphy (D) - 50%
Gov. Nate Richardson (R) - 46%
Undecided/Other - 4%

Key Takeaways

- Gov. Richardson's coalition in Pennsylvania appears to be different in composition to the one that led President Wolf to victory in the 2016 US election

- The former Governor is performing poorly in Luzerne, Northhampton, and Erie Counties relative to President Wolf, and is currently on track to lose all 3 of Pennsylvania's bellwether counties, while he is performing relatively strongly for a Republican in the suburban Philadelphia counties and Allegheny

- Senator Murphy is replicating Baharia-like margins in the White Working Class areas of Pennsylvania between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, while holding his own in Philadelphia proper. However, his margins in the suburban Philadelphia counties is lacking. Senator Dayton derives her strength and weaknesses in the opposite areas as Sen. Murphy.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Tartalek Polling General Election - Michigan

2020 General Election Richardson vs Dayton/Michigan
Sen. Jillian Dayton (D) - 49%
Gov. Nate Richardson (R) - 43%
Undecided/Other - 8%

2020 General Election Richardson vs Murphy/Michigan
Sen. Levi Murphy (D) - 51%
Undecided/Other - 6%

Key Takeaways

- Michigan is looking to be the hardest hold of the 2020 for the Republican Party with Gov. Richardson polling poorly in the Detroit Metropolitan area

- Gov. Richardson is running poorly in bellwether Macomb County currently on track to lose the county against either Democratic nominee, but with a close race against Senator Dayton. Even in Wayne County, the home of Detroit, observers note that he is running somewhat behind President Wolf's margin. However, he has gained in Kent County, Washtenaw, and Kalamazoo relative to Wolf, but gains in those 3 counties combined are greatly insufficient to overcome his deficit in the White rural counties, Rustbelt suburbs, and even Wayne County proper

- Senator Murphy is continuing his trend of running ahead of his primary rival Senator Dayton in the Midwest States outperforming Senator Dayton in almost all of them

Tartalek Polling General Election - Minnesota

2020 General Election Richardson vs Dayton/Minnesota
Sen. Jillian Dayton (D) - 50%
Undecided/Other - 7%

2020 General Election Richardson vs Murphy/Minnesota
Sen. Levi Murphy (D) - 54%
Gov. Nate Richardson (R) - 42%
Undecided/Other - 4%

Key Takeaways

- Senator Murphy's home State has him on track to decisively defeat Gov. Richardson in the State with his strongest overperformance of the entire region

- Gov. Richardson has lost ground in the working-class communities across the State but has gained in the suburban counties surrounding the Twin Cities and the Twin Cities proper

- Minnesota is not sizing up to be competitive this election cycle after President Wolf narrowly lost it by 1.5%

Tartalek Polling General Election - Iowa

2020 General Election Richardson vs Dayton/Iowa
Gov. Nate Richardson (R) - 48%
Sen. Jillian Dayton (D) - 44%
Undecided/Other - 8%

2020 General Election Richardson vs Murphy/Iowa
Gov. Nate Richardson (R) - 49%
Sen. Levi Murphy (D) - 47%
Undecided/Other - 4%

Key Takeaways

- As the race currently stands Gov. Richardson is not likely to carry Iowa by an overwhelming like President Wolf did in 2016, with the populist strain in the Hawkeye State turning away from the North Carolinian to some degree

- In a separate set of polls, if Gov. Richardson picks Former Gov. Dunn as his VP his lead increases against either Democrat by 3 points

- While Gov. Richardson has gained ground in the area comprising the 3rd Congressional district anchored by affluent West Des Moine he has dropped in every other region particularly Iowa's 4th Congressional District where he has lost considerable ground. On track to perform nearly 6 points worse than President Wolf in 2016 in that district.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

You know where they should put the nuclear waste plant? In Marty Spellman's house! Then it'll actually have a use!
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:29 pm

Emazia wrote:Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

You know where they should put the nuclear waste plant? In Marty Spellman's house! Then it'll actually have a use!

Liked and Retweeted By @HGLouisianaFirst

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:55 pm

Emazia wrote:Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
I'd fireback that the plant should instead be at your campaign headquarters but given that that place is already a dumpster fire, landfill, and waste treatment plant all in one, I think there is more than enough going on. Zoning laws and all!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse