NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:"Dwight." Rafael reached over, going to give the other's shoulder a grounding squeeze, trying to help him out of this dark pit of despair. "You have done nothing wrong. Nothing. You were true to yourself, and I am proud of you." He exhaled, leaning back. "Jillian's a lot like Rashid. Fast-tracked, a bit less experienced that necessarily she should be, but she's got a good mind for policy, she cares about the stuff that matters to California, and she's never locked the progressives out. You could get along with her."
His friend's words brought a tiny smile to Buster's face. From his first day in Washington, Rafael had been his mentor. His words carried a weight no one else in Washington could.

Breathing returning to normal, Buster concentrated on Raph's description of Dayton. He nodded after the other finished. It wasn't as if he had much of a choice... but he trusted Raph's judgement. "Maybe I'll try and arrange a meeting with her. Just to make sure I can endorse her in good conscience."
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:35 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:His friend's words brought a tiny smile to Buster's face. From his first day in Washington, Rafael had been his mentor. His words carried a weight no one else in Washington could.

Breathing returning to normal, Buster concentrated on Raph's description of Dayton. He nodded after the other finished. It wasn't as if he had much of a choice... but he trusted Raph's judgement. "Maybe I'll try and arrange a meeting with her. Just to make sure I can endorse her in good conscience."

"Well, you're both Senators. I imagine it's easy enough to catch her in her office when she's around, and she's been around for the relief bills. Christ, these relief bills." He shook his head with a sigh, going to return to his food. "Warrick trying to make an end-run around the Speaker was not a good idea."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:50 pm

ImageImage
Leslie Del Moral
@DelMoralOffical

I will be arranging the proper documentation, social media platforms and local outreach to start the process of healing our great state. Arizona deserves better than blatant incompetent, unapologetic and brainless leadership. We will recall Governor Max Smith, we will evict him instead. In times of impending economic crisis we cannot allow anyone to destroy small businesses & livelihoods. #RecallMaxSmith

RETWEETSFAVORITE

Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
(Image)(Image)
Leslie Del Moral
@DelMoralOffical

I will be arranging the proper documentation, social media platforms and local outreach to start the process of healing our great state. Arizona deserves better than blatant incompetent, unapologetic and brainless leadership. We will recall Governor Max Smith, we will evict him instead. In times of impending economic crisis we cannot allow anyone to destroy small businesses & livelihoods. #RecallMaxSmith

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)

Liked and retweeted by @NavarrofromCalifornia and @JNLynskeyMA.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:54 pm

(Image)(Image)
Leslie Del Moral
@DelMoralOffical

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)

Liked by @LoriT
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Concerned American Workers
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:57 pm

Senator Agatha Cragin
@SenatorAgatha
Mainers believe in bipartisanship and working together. That's how we've always done things here. So let's reject the calls for personality politics and focus on moving Maine and the rest of the country forward. Join my team and let's get this done!
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Al & Ozzy Polls
Hypothetical General Election Polling - DE, DC, NC, SC, VA, VT

Delaware

Sen. Jillian Dayton: 53%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 40%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 17%
Sen. Levi Murphy: 50%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 42%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 18%

District of Columbia

Sen. Jillian Dayton: 85%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 10%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 5%
Sen. Levi Murphy: 80%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 10%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 10%
NOTE: This poll was conducted online by a contracted third party, results may not be fully reliable

Generic Democrat: 70%
Generic Republican: 20%

North Carolina

Sen. Jillian Dayton: 42%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 48%
Sen. Levi Murphy: 41%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 50%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 9%

South Carolina

Sen. Jillian Dayton: 41%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 52%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 7%
Sen. Levi Murphy: 40%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 53%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 7%

Virginia

Sen. Jillian Dayton: 51%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 40%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 9%
Sen. Levi Murphy: 46%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 42%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 12%

Vermont

Sen. Jillian Dayton: 53%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 30%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 17%
Sen. Levi Murphy: 55%
Fmr. Governor Nathaniel Richardson: 30%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 15%
NOTE: This poll was conducted online by a contracted third party, results may not be fully reliable

Generic Dem:36%
Generic Republican: 35%
Someone else/undecided/prefer not to say: 29%
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:"You will quickly learn that congratulations are rarely in order here. We do good work and keep our heads down, only reaping the benefits of our actions come Election Day. Should we choose to run again that is." she added.

"But getting called on to explain our votes, our actions, now that's far more common. Now I wouldn't go as far as to say that the Speaker is uncaring or inhumane. She is a good person doing good work to help this country, much like Thomas Volker or Diane Paulson are doing albeit with a slightly different view on things. And I trust you too are a good person doing honest work to help this country."

Sullivan raised an eyebrow at the sudden introduction of vodka before smirking. "Well, at least we have that in common," she nodded at Linda's comment about drinking, as she took the glass of vodka and took it down in a single gulp.

"Pour me another Congresswoman." she said, listening to Linda before responding herself, "Consider it a secret. Not many people to even tell where I'm from. But please, please, the last thing you can do is pity yourself. We are smart people, and I think you and I are smart enough to realize pity and misery solves nothing."

Linda smiled at the Senator not passing judgment on her little hobby, but it quickly faded, when she remembered the conversation at hand, "I understand that, ma'am, I honestly do. The facts still stand, she said I was embarrassing myself on the campaign trail, she somehow convinced me to end my campaign, she then just an hour ago, threatened to practically end me by getting the DNCC or whatever the hell they're called, to stop funding my campaigns from here on out, simply because I did what I thought was right."

"She then lectured me about my own district and how it was left-leaning currently, but completely ignored the fact that just four years ago, I lost with 46% of the vote as an incumbent! That gives a lady PTSD if you know what I mean. All the while, she sits in her nice office, chatting with her New York friends, while she has a safe seat, yet she lectures me how to run a very fragile campaign."

"She isn't a very good morale booster." Linda says as she pours the Senator another glass.

Frankie quickly drank the second glass again, though she listened intently.

"Congresswoman, you have to realize that her harsh words are said in some kind of twisted aid. I know, and trust me, I know, what it means to get chewed out by the establishment here. But as long you realize what you did, even if you think they are in the wrong and not you, you've got to keep moving forward. Whatever she said there was just another one of her cards trying to convince you to get in line. And while I don't know the specific circumstances, I think you've got to do what you need to do. And if it means learned from whatever you did, do so. But berating yourself isn't going to help you, the Speaker, or the most important people who aren't even in this building: your constituents."

"I wouldn't dismiss her advice right away though Linda..." began Frankie, indicating her new comfort with the woman by using her first name. "Caroline Simone is a smart political woman. She has risen through the ranks quickly and swiftly, ousting even a more shrewd man like Malcom Douglas. Do not shoo her away. As for her abilities to boost moral, that isn't her job. Her job is to play this game and to win. As long as you understand that, these little fights or confrontations will slide off your back. And you'll learn but better yet, you'll improve. As a Congresswoman but as a representative for the very people you came here to fight for."

Sullivan slide her glass over for a third drink.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:11 pm

Tartalek Polling General Election - Indiana

2020 General Election Richardson vs Dayton/Indiana
Gov. Nate Richardson(R) - 49%
Sen. Jillian Dayton(D) - 40%
Undecided/Other - 11%

2020 General Election Richardson vs Murphy/Indiana
Gov. Nate Richardson(R) - 50%
Sen. Levi Murphy (D) - 43%
Undecided/Other - 7%

Key Takeaways
-With the exception of Indianapolis proper, and its affluent suburbs Gov. Richardson faces struggles in Indiana
-Numerous traditionally Republican evangelical voters express skepticism toward Richardson due to his perceived social liberal stances
-Vigo County Indiana, a pivotal bellwether county that has voted for the winner of every Presidential election since 1952 has Gov. Richardson running behind Sen. Levi Murphy, neck and neck with Sen. Dayton
-Gov. Richardson's supporters in the State are noted to be significantly less enthusiastic than his supporters nationally
- Both Senators Murphy and Dayton are polling above Clifford's 2016 results, but below that of Baharia's 2012 results

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:13 pm

(Image)
The Catch Restaurant, Santa Monica

Leslie made his way to his reserved table, gleefully smiling at the waiters and waitresses as they passed him. He had not expected a response from the famed actor nor the opportunity to talk to him personally. He folded his napkin and checked his phone, all in anticipation.

A man exited a nearby car, heading towards the restaurant. Announcing himself to the hostess, she soon led him to the table where the man smiled broadly at the man who had invited him.

"Mr. Mayor, am I glad to see you?" asked Marty with a smile. "I was thrilled to see you wanted to chat, not just because of your lovely home state but because you certainly have quite a shrewd yet honest reputation for a public servant."

He sat opposite to him after shaking hands. "You have an impressive background too."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:
Louisianan wrote:Linda smiled at the Senator not passing judgment on her little hobby, but it quickly faded, when she remembered the conversation at hand, "I understand that, ma'am, I honestly do. The facts still stand, she said I was embarrassing myself on the campaign trail, she somehow convinced me to end my campaign, she then just an hour ago, threatened to practically end me by getting the DNCC or whatever the hell they're called, to stop funding my campaigns from here on out, simply because I did what I thought was right."

"She then lectured me about my own district and how it was left-leaning currently, but completely ignored the fact that just four years ago, I lost with 46% of the vote as an incumbent! That gives a lady PTSD if you know what I mean. All the while, she sits in her nice office, chatting with her New York friends, while she has a safe seat, yet she lectures me how to run a very fragile campaign."

"She isn't a very good morale booster." Linda says as she pours the Senator another glass.

Frankie quickly drank the second glass again, though she listened intently.

"Congresswoman, you have to realize that her harsh words are said in some kind of twisted aid. I know, and trust me, I know, what it means to get chewed out by the establishment here. But as long you realize what you did, even if you think they are in the wrong and not you, you've got to keep moving forward. Whatever she said there was just another one of her cards trying to convince you to get in line. And while I don't know the specific circumstances, I think you've got to do what you need to do. And if it means learned from whatever you did, do so. But berating yourself isn't going to help you, the Speaker, or the most important people who aren't even in this building: your constituents."

"I wouldn't dismiss her advice right away though Linda..." began Frankie, indicating her new comfort with the woman by using her first name. "Caroline Simone is a smart political woman. She has risen through the ranks quickly and swiftly, ousting even a more shrewd man like Malcom Douglas. Do not shoo her away. As for her abilities to boost moral, that isn't her job. Her job is to play this game and to win. As long as you understand that, these little fights or confrontations will slide off your back. And you'll learn but better yet, you'll improve. As a Congresswoman but as a representative for the very people you came here to fight for."

"I guess you're right," Linda said as she poured herself and the Senator another glass, "I just do what I can to make my constituents better off, and sometimes that may be against the Speaker's bills, but I do what I have to do. Up until now, I've been voting the way the caucus votes, and things like that, but I will do what I can in the best interests of my constituents. When the AARA comes to debate in the House, I'll be able to further explain my stance on the bill with some new material I had my aide draw up for me."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Kargintinia wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:Before the door could close, a hand stopped it. The short woman entered the office, smiling at the pair in front of her. She set down a series of folders she had been carrying, largely papers related to a handful of projects she had been pursuing during this brief intermission in-between jobs.

"Well, hello you two." Torrie said calmly, acknowledging Thomas first and then Sadie.

"How have y'all been?"

"Mom it's great to see you. Work for me has been crazy. How's the transition going for you?"
Greater Arab State wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:Before the door could close, a hand stopped it. The short woman entered the office, smiling at the pair in front of her. She set down a series of folders she had been carrying, largely papers related to a handful of projects she had been pursuing during this brief intermission in-between jobs.

"Well, hello you two." Torrie said calmly, acknowledging Thomas first and then Sadie.

"How have y'all been?"

Seeing who entered, Thomas formed a slight smile.

“See, I said she wouldn’t be long.” Thomas joked to Sadie before he turned to Torrie.

“It’s been good so far, although the fiscal downturn and the relief legislation has made things busier than usual, then again, you probably noticed.” Thomas said warmly.

Addressing her daughter, she offered a relaxed expression and sighed.

"Well, its going well. I actually just spoke with some old coworkers in the press, catching up with them. Hadn't done that in a while..." she said, trailing off before perking back up.

"Ah yes. Its clear that there has been a fair share of obstructionism and petty fighting over this bill. I've been reading quite a lot about it though I'm glad it seems you've stayed about the fray. As always." she said, softening her expression before turning to face the both of them.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm

Governor's Office
Salt Lake City, Utah
March 2020

"Well Governor, you can count on me to make it clear who is causing this issue. I am also honored that you have selected me to help lead the search for your vice-president, so I am sure we will only be having more of these impromptu calls."

Abernathy audibly chuckled, he authentically liked Nate and trusted the man.

"Is there anything else you need?"

Governor's Office
Salt Lake City, Utah
April 2020

A few weeks after the conversation with the presumptive GOP nominee, the elder governor answered a new call from another friend. This time one that hailed right here from Utah and who was seeking a chance to take his service to new heights.

"Hello, this is Abernathy. Who is this?" he replied, despite the familiar voice already answering his question.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Governor's Office
Salt Lake City, Utah
March 2020

(Image)
"Well Governor, you can count on me to make it clear who is causing this issue. I am also honored that you have selected me to help lead the search for your vice-president, so I am sure we will only be having more of these impromptu calls."

Abernathy audibly chuckled, he authentically liked Nate and trusted the man.

"Is there anything else you need?"

Governor's Office
Salt Lake City, Utah
April 2020

A few weeks after the conversation with the presumptive GOP nominee, the elder governor answered a new call from another friend. This time one that hailed right here from Utah and who was seeking a chance to take his service to new heights.

"Hello, this is Abernathy. Who is this?" he replied, despite the familiar voice already answering his question.

"Henry Mason, Governor! How are you doing on this beautiful afternoon?" Henry Mason said, smiling inside, after hearing the Governors voice on the other end.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

The polling is clear! I'm the candidate to beat Richardson!

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:Frankie quickly drank the second glass again, though she listened intently.

"I guess you're right," Linda said as she poured herself and the Senator another glass, "I just do what I can to make my constituents better off, and sometimes that may be against the Speaker's bills, but I do what I have to do. Up until now, I've been voting the way the caucus votes, and things like that, but I will do what I can in the best interests of my constituents. When the AARA comes to debate in the House, I'll be able to further explain my stance on the bill with some new material I had my aide draw up for me."

Frankie drank the third class more slowly, not because she was taking a break but because she had words to say.

"Voting against the Speaker's bills is fine. Though giving her the heads-up often goes a long way, you'll find leadership despises surprises. But be honest with yourself Linda, did the people of your district vote for someone to be a moderate Republican or a fiercely Democrat? Showing bipartisanship is important but so is standing your ground. Whether its to the polls or to Caroline Simone."

Frankie smiled kindly. "And Linda, I know you've got what it takes. You've got that fire in your belly."

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Cedar Crest, Topeka, Kansas

Thursday, 2nd April, 2020

Governor Marshall was sat in her office. Admittedly, she had felt reassured following her meeting with Senator Dunbar on finding a way through the ongoing economic crisis. However, that hope seemed to have slightly faded by the Senator’s hospitalisation over in Colorado. Nevertheless, she did feel a small sense of confidence in the fact that Congress had almost approved some relief legislation, she still had some time, and a lifeline.

Despite that, the Governor had arranged a meeting of a number of prominent Democratic Governors for the day to discuss a coordinated response to the economic crisis, or that was the plan anyway. Thus, the Governor made her way to a room set aside in advance for the meeting, and waited for the other attendees to arrive.

Entering the room, Anne greeted everyone in the room, starting with the host.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Louisianan wrote:"I guess you're right," Linda said as she poured herself and the Senator another glass, "I just do what I can to make my constituents better off, and sometimes that may be against the Speaker's bills, but I do what I have to do. Up until now, I've been voting the way the caucus votes, and things like that, but I will do what I can in the best interests of my constituents. When the AARA comes to debate in the House, I'll be able to further explain my stance on the bill with some new material I had my aide draw up for me."

Frankie drank the third class more slowly, not because she was taking a break but because she had words to say.

"Voting against the Speaker's bills is fine. Though giving her the heads-up often goes a long way, you'll find leadership despises surprises. But be honest with yourself Linda, did the people of your district vote for someone to be a moderate Republican or a fiercely Democrat? Showing bipartisanship is important but so is standing your ground. Whether its to the polls or to Caroline Simone."

Frankie smiled kindly. "And Linda, I know you've got what it takes. You've got that fire in your belly."

Linda smiled, receptive to the Senators friendly approach, "I like to think I've got that fire, especially after all of these drinks." Linda laughed, "But seriously, thank you for coming. I really needed this conversation."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 pm

U.S. Capitol Building
Washington, D.C.
April 2020

Last time, there had been many people visiting the Speaker of the House which had annoyed Ruler. So before it ended up cutting into his lunch plans, he had left the waiting room and let her chat as long as she wanted with the little twat from Tennessee. But having just eaten Mexican food and more than a few plates of spicy chimichangas, the man came to the office of the woman. Thankfully there were not many people or visitors waiting though why would there be? She had gotten pretty boring as of late and she wasn't exactly pretty. But she had authority over the Democrats and so John Logan presented himself to the secretary.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Alozia wrote:
Cedar Crest, Topeka, Kansas

Thursday, 2nd April, 2020

Governor Marshall was sat in her office. Admittedly, she had felt reassured following her meeting with Senator Dunbar on finding a way through the ongoing economic crisis. However, that hope seemed to have slightly faded by the Senator’s hospitalisation over in Colorado. Nevertheless, she did feel a small sense of confidence in the fact that Congress had almost approved some relief legislation, she still had some time, and a lifeline.

Despite that, the Governor had arranged a meeting of a number of prominent Democratic Governors for the day to discuss a coordinated response to the economic crisis, or that was the plan anyway. Thus, the Governor made her way to a room set aside in advance for the meeting, and waited for the other attendees to arrive.

Entering the room, Anne greeted everyone in the room, starting with the host.

“Governor, it’s great to have you here today, although it is unfortunate that we’ve been forced to do so with the present situation.”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Governor's Office
Salt Lake City, Utah
April 2020

"Henry Mason, Governor! How are you doing on this beautiful afternoon?" Henry Mason said, smiling inside, after hearing the Governors voice on the other end.

"Ah, Henry." said Dawson, feigning surprise.

"What brings you to call me? I am a busy man after all,"he joked sarcastically.
Last edited by Concerned American Workers on Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Concerned American Workers wrote:Frankie drank the third class more slowly, not because she was taking a break but because she had words to say.

Linda smiled, receptive to the Senators friendly approach, "I like to think I've got that fire, especially after all of these drinks." Linda laughed, "But seriously, thank you for coming. I really needed this conversation."

"This conversation is one that I've given to many people, not just Congresspeople, that have been where you have been. And that's because its been where I have been. So stay strong Linda, don't let others get in your head." she remarked, finishing her drink and setting it down.

"We've got to be smart yet tough."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:41 pm

Louisianan wrote:"Henry Mason, Governor! How are you doing on this beautiful afternoon?" Henry Mason said, smiling inside, after hearing the Governors voice on the other end.

"Ah, Henry." said Dawson, feigning surprise.

"What brings you to call me? I am a busy man after all,"he joked sarcastically.

"Oh, I know, I know!" Henry said laughing at the joke, "Well, you probably know I'm running for the 4th District, for the US House. So I'm leaving your house and heading over to Tawney's." Henry joked, "I'm trying anyway, and an endorsement from you would help a good bit."

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Louisianan wrote:Linda smiled, receptive to the Senators friendly approach, "I like to think I've got that fire, especially after all of these drinks." Linda laughed, "But seriously, thank you for coming. I really needed this conversation."

"This conversation is one that I've given to many people, not just Congresspeople, that have been where you have been. And that's because its been where I have been. So stay strong Linda, don't let others get in your head." she remarked, finishing her drink and setting it down.

"We've got to be smart yet tough."

"Of course, and as women, we have to be even tougher," Linda responded with a smile.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:42 pm

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Levi Murphy can win. Progressives can win. Electability isn't an excuse anymore. Pass it on.

(Image)(Image)
Leslie Del Moral
@DelMoralOffical

RETWEETSFAVORITE

(Image)

Retweeted by @thespellman

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse