NATION

PASSWORD

Land of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC VI)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:32 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Louisianan wrote:Hypolite is the one calling for the debate.

Bad idea imo

I don't think so. Look at what happened in the Trump Hillary debate, "You'd be in jail."

Savage moments are always memorable. This basically is a Trump V Hillary scenario. Bellman being Hillary, Hypolite being loud-mouthed Trump. With Trump winning Louisiana.
Last edited by Louisianan on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:37 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Bad idea imo

I don't think so. Look at what happened in the Trump Hillary debate, "You'd be in jail."

Savage moments are always memorable. This basically is a Trump V Hillary scenario. Bellman being Hillary, Hypolite being loud-mouthed Trump. With Trump winning Louisiana.

Don't you ever compare your lowlife, idiotic character to President Donald J. Trump of the State of Florida.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:39 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Louisianan wrote:I don't think so. Look at what happened in the Trump Hillary debate, "You'd be in jail."

Don't you ever compare your lowlife, idiotic character to President Donald J. Trump of the State of Florida.

Don't make me unleash a can of whoop ass.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:40 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Bad idea imo

Or he could coast to victory by being a generic R and never open his mouth
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Can we say this thing has passed the House

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Louisianan wrote:I don't think so. Look at what happened in the Trump Hillary debate, "You'd be in jail."

Or he could coast to victory by being a generic R and never open his mouth

But whats the fun in that?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Or he could coast to victory by being a generic R and never open his mouth

But whats the fun in that?

Wisely spoken

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Louisianan wrote:But whats the fun in that?

Wisely spoken

:bow:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm

richardson's first major speech as the republican presumptive nominee is up. Defining himself as a candidate
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:26 pm

Well that was interesting

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Kargintinia wrote:Well that was interesting

Interesting, indeed.

Concerned American Workers
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Concerned American Workers » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:33 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Kargintinia wrote:Well that was interesting

Interesting, indeed.

quite

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:36 pm

Concerned American Workers wrote:
Louisianan wrote:Interesting, indeed.

quite

very much so

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:37 pm

Too many women for my taste but interesting nonetheless
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:40 pm

Vaquas wrote:Too many women for my taste but interesting nonetheless

I beg your pardon? This is 1872... You should say, "Excessively numerous nubile maidens for my appreciation, however interesting notwithstanding."

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:17 am

Was the new policy on state government ever clarified? If so, I missed it.

My less complex question is, can I say that Bucknell's relief bill passed the SC legislature?
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 am

I know people want to get through the backlog on relief bills but in order to do that I need more people to register their votes.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:16 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Was the new policy on state government ever clarified? If so, I missed it.

My less complex question is, can I say that Bucknell's relief bill passed the SC legislature?

Make a post detailing what is in the package and what kind of whipping of votes is being done. Then TG Vaquas

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:15 pm

i have no idea what clay is doing

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:32 pm

Dentali wrote:i have no idea what clay is doing
Clay ran an ad painting Baines as a member of the establishment, which a few Democrats including Baines have interpreted as Clay saying there should be no government relief despite his sponsorship of the Republican relief bill.

Personally I think Baines and Navarro are off base on this one.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:42 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Dentali wrote:i have no idea what clay is doing
Clay ran an ad painting Baines as a member of the establishment, which a few Democrats including Baines have interpreted as Clay saying there should be no government relief despite his sponsorship of the Republican relief bill.

It's the line about debt.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Clay ran an ad painting Baines as a member of the establishment, which a few Democrats including Baines have interpreted as Clay saying there should be no government relief despite his sponsorship of the Republican relief bill.

There's a fine line between "national debt bad" and "not a penny for relief." The ad just attacks Baines for being in the Baharia administration and doubling the national debt, it doesn't even promote fiscal austerity.

The Wanderer

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:57 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
There's a fine line between "national debt bad" and "not a penny for relief." The ad just attacks Baines for being in the Baharia administration and doubling the national debt, it doesn't even promote fiscal austerity.

Hmm.... i'll help players if im asked, and give polling data, demographic info etc... but unless im explicitly asked I won't comment any more on this

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:03 pm

Dentali wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:There's a fine line between "national debt bad" and "not a penny for relief." The ad just attacks Baines for being in the Baharia administration and doubling the national debt, it doesn't even promote fiscal austerity.

Hmm.... i'll help players if im asked, and give polling data, demographic info etc... but unless im explicitly asked I won't comment any more on this
I would like access to polling data, demographic info, etc.

The Wanderer

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Meelducan wrote:Pls review

(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Sanabel's left toe
Character Name: Anthony "Tony" Johnston
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 58
Character Height: 6'0
Character Weight: 174lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: Former Governor of Alaska (2009 - 2014), Former Lieutenant Governor of Alaska (2007-2009), Alaska Department of Public Safety Commissioner (2003-2007), Alaska State Senator (1997-2003), ABI Detective (1990-1997), Alaska State Trooper (1982-1990)
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: Alaska
Character State of Residence: Alaska
Character Party Affiliation: Republican
Main Strengths: Smart, Experienced, Well versed in Alaskan Issues, Popular stint as Governor
Main Weaknesses: Involvement with scandal, Plain, Rusty, Combative
Biography:
Anthony Johnston was born in Fairbanks, Alaska on November 5, 1962. His father, a local cop in the Fairbanks Police Department and his mother, a housewife, made life work for Tony. His parents had moved to Fairbanks during the boom in the late 50's, having originated from Washington. Tony enjoyed his childhood, with him attending Lathrop High School. Although he wasn't overly involved in sports, he enjoyed Cross Country Skiing and joined the local Fairbanks Association with some friends of his. After High School in 1981, Tony would attend local community College at Tanana Valley Campus. He would complete the thirteen week Law Enforcement Academy. He would also obtain an Associate of Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance.

After finishing the degree, Tony moved to Sitka to attend the State Trooper Academy. He had always been interested in Law Enforcement, due to the stories his father told him when he was younger. He would pass through the Academy with relative ease, due to his Community College course and relocate to Anchorage, Alaska where he would begin his career in the State Police in 1984. His first few years in the State Police would be very regular, with Tony being occasionally dispatched to some of the isolated boroughs to the north of Anchorage. He would also begin a relationship with a dispatcher called Sandra Bullwhip. In 1988, Tony would be promoted to Corporal after he accidentally saved a woman from drowning. Tony was going to a fishing site on his boat late one evening when the woman had fallen into the lake. After nearly hitting the woman twice with his boat, the propeller got jammed by his own fishing line which jolted the boat to a halt. Tony would fall over and knock a rubber ring into the water and over the woman, which due to the noise of the engine, he had no idea that was there. He would only remain in the State Troopers for another four years, mainly assisting with fishing and hunting crimes before he put in a transfer request to the Alaska Bureau of investigations.

After being transferred to the ABI in 1990, Tony would be placed on Cold Case Investigations. This would be extremely slow department, however, Tony would try and present new ideas and hypothesis about the cases. Many would be dismissed, but some proved useful with a few of the cases being reopened and investigation proceeding. He would marry Sandra in 1991 and the two would have three children between 1992-1995. Tony would serve a brief period in the Missing Persons Unit before being reassigned to the Homicide and Major Crimes Unit. Tony and his family would have to relocate to Dillingham to be closer to the Major Crimes Unit outpost. It was also during this time Tony would become interested in Alaskan politics and join the Alaskan Republican Party. He would be fairly active in the local area when he wasn't working. In 1996, he would be selected by the party to run for the Alaskan Senate in the R District. The district, which was being vacated by the incumbent, would be easy to maintain for the Republicans. Tony would face no primary challengers and would have a weak Democratic opponent. He would win on Election Day and would be sworn in the following January.

Upon taking office, Tony was appointed to the State Affairs Committee and the Law Committee. He would be outspoken during his Senate tenure, with him supporting "Tough on Crime" bills. Tony would also support various bills supporting the Alaskan State Troopers and providing more money to law enforcement. However, he would pass very little of his own legislation and amendments. He would run for reelection with no real challenge in 2000 and would glide to victory. As 2002 rolled around, Tony considered a run for Governor, however he was dissuaded by front runner Frank Murkowski, instead being offered the Department of Public Safety. Tony would accept, largely relating to being bored of the Senate and wanting a more hands on role to do with the State. He would be appointed in 2003.

During his term as Commissioner, Tony oversaw the major modernisation of the Department. With an increased budget from the Murkowski administration, Tony was able to begin modernisation of the civilian side of the department. He would purchase new aircraft for joint use by the State Troopers and Fire and Life division. He would also announce a major initiative into Domestic and Sexual Abuse, utilising the existing body of the Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. Overall, Tony would be approved of during his time at the the Department. As the ever mounting failures and scandal of the Murkowski administration came to light, Tony viewed the office as a potential springboard for further political ambitions.

After the growing discontent with the Murkowski administration, Tony was approached by a few Senate Republicans.They advised him to seek the Lieutenant Governor's nomination as they viewed him as easy to work with. He was reluctant however, due to him having a good repertoire with the current Lt Governor, but once the current Lieutenant Governor announced his plans to retire, Tony announced his campaign for the position. The Primary was large, with Tony facing off against four other candidates, one being the mayor of Fairbanks and the other a State House Representative. The race was extremely cut throat, with the candidates throwing mud at one another. The final tally in the Primary was close, closer than Tony had expected, with Tony only winning by a thousand votes. With the Primary election over, he joined the not-Palin ticket. He was active on the campaign, mostly being sent out to the remote towns and cities by the campaign to whip up support. While campaigning, Tony tried to bring his family on the campaign trail as much as possible, often using it to promote family values during the campaign. As November, 2006, rolled around, the not-Palin-Johnston Ticket won 48.2% of the final vote, and were declared the victors that same night.

When Tony assumed office, he acted as the number two of not-Palin. For the first year of Tony's term, he spent much of it in the Senate, brokering deals with the Democratic-Republican Majority coalition and the Republican minority. He successfully pushed through not-Palin's budget reduction and spending plan. He also helped push through not-Palin's Fishing and Wildlife policies, especially around the hunting of wolves by helicopter. He was generally quiet on matters concerning the budget, but publicly stated "I'm a Republican and a fiscal conservative.". Tony would run in 2008 in the House of Representatives election primaries against Jay Dietrich. Tony was endorsed by not-Palin and many other Administration officials and for a time believed he could pull off a win, however, after a long fought campaign, Tony lost by 434 votes. He declined a recount, stating "I don't think it would change much, but congratulations to Representative Dietrich". By July 2008, Tony had been dragged into "TrooperGate", when not-Palin had dismissed the Public Safety Commissioner for not firing an Alaskan State Trooper. It was alleged that Tony had placed pressure on the Commissioner to fire the trooper, however this was far from the truth. He had placed pressure on the Commissioner to fire the wrong person, which resulted in the firing of a Janitor and a receptionist. This had not been discovered, and Tony was later only said to have spoken to the commissioner about the Issue, he did still receive some poor press for apparently pressuring the Commissioner.

In 2009, when not-Palin resigned due to an ethics investigation, Tony was sworn in as Governor. He vowed to continue the platform that the not-Palin-Johnston campaign had promised in 2006. He also declined to comment if he would run for a full term in 2010. After finishing the cuts to Oil and Gas companies that not-Palin had started, Tony announced his plans to run for Governor. He faced minor opposition, with only a few minor local office holders seeking the nomination. in 2010, he would win the primary with over 60% of the vote and would go on to win the General with 58% of the vote. His campaign would be entered around lowering the crime rate and revitalising the economy. His policies would be fairly popular with Alaskans, enacting cuts on property tax and income tax, while enacting a partial fuel refund for Aircraft and boats. He also enacted various tax cuts on Oil and Gas companies, in order to boost jobs in the state and rural communities.

As 2014 came around, Tony announced his intention not to seek reelection. He cited the death of his son, who had died six months earlier in a plane crash as his reason. His son, while looking for the internal heating switch, had accidentally turned off the plane while mid-flight which caused it to crash into a tree and explode. He endorsed his Lieutenant Governor for the nomination.

After returning to private life, Tony began coaching cross-country skiing on the weekends. He briefly considered running for the Senate seat in 2016, but declined a few weeks before the filing deadline. Was briefly considered a potential candidate in 2018 for the Governorship, but declined. He is seriously considering a run in 2020 for the Alaskan Senate Seat.

Other Info: Has a best friend called Kevin. Can fly small aircraft.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Meelducan

Do Not Remove: 84721

Former Governor Anthony Johnston is hereby Accepted.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse