NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: The Noble Cities [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:49 pm

Pragia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Potential advancements do tick up over time, but breakthroughs (creating a new tech) will pretty much always come slowly because I have to balance them. Once you meet friends you can get consistent tech advances through studying what they already have!

Unfortunate, are breakthroughs assigned the same for developing arcana as normal technology? Do developments outside of scholars do it? (like what I got turn before last)

They all pull from the same pool, yep - but that's independent of events.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Sigh, I just want carpentry so I can use images of buildings with curved roofs

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Olthenia wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:
I'm cool with you writing stuff about the Huang but if you could make them more Chinese inspired that would be great.

Alright. Are there any particular themes or subjects you have in mind?

Feel free to write about whatever

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:57 pm

Did my workers strike because of stability? Or was it some other reason?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:59 pm

Elerian wrote:Did my workers strike because of stability? Or was it some other reason?

Should be stability, that's why it went up afterward.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:14 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Elerian wrote:Did my workers strike because of stability? Or was it some other reason?

Should be stability, that's why it went up afterward.

+1
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:24 am

Are we all gonna be ready for an update tomorrow? Or will we have to push it back a day?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:51 am

I'll try to get a post up this evening.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:35 am

I’ll post later today for sure.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:42 am

Nuxipal wrote:Are we all gonna be ready for an update tomorrow? Or will we have to push it back a day?

I am aiming for today, with luck.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:10 pm

Update coming down the pike. Post rapidly if you wanna get in on this.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:51 pm

Is there a reason I haven't been getting writing? Is my luck that bad?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Ralnis wrote:Is there a reason I haven't been getting writing? Is my luck that bad?

Nope! You're just putting one scholar into a pool of 10+ other scholars. Your chances of not succeeding for a few turns are pretty good.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:54 pm

Ralnis wrote:Is there a reason I haven't been getting writing? Is my luck that bad?

Nope! You're just putting one scholar into a pool of 10+ other scholars. Your chances of not succeeding for a few turns are pretty good.

Fair enough. Just damn, really. However, it seems that my things are coming up for the Sons of Tesla.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:13 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Update coming down the pike. Post rapidly if you wanna get in on this.

Aaaand done!

EDIT: ...Too late. u_u;
Last edited by Olthenia on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Well I was hoping that my inklings of sericulture bonus from the previous era would let me snatch a quick tech and get started on making some serious ka-ching$$$ but I see that's not the case.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:49 pm

Praise be to the Dark Gods. The Penithel have found the true faith. May the Black Kings reign eternal.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:10 am

Nice tune there, Lazarian.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:21 am

Prusslandia wrote:Praise be to the Dark Gods. The Penithel have found the true faith. May the Black Kings reign eternal.

Raiding-buddies :hug:

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 am

Okay, it's time for a silly question~

When an Artisan occupies a district, does she produce things from said district instead of or in addition to her usual +1 Wealth / +1 Industry?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:10 am

Olthenia wrote:Okay, it's time for a silly question~

When an Artisan occupies a district, does she produce things from said district instead of or in addition to her usual +1 Wealth / +1 Industry?

All Citizens have two discrete incomes - Passive and Active.

Passive Income does not depend on action, only status. Striking Citizens do not produce it, but almost all other Citizens do. Your Freemen can be cutting Timber, learning a trade, carrying silk to the next city over, etc. and still produce their Labor. Ditto Artisans and their Wealth/-Wealth+Industry.

Active Income on the other hand is quite variable. Operating Districts, working at a Construction, doing Forced Labor, going on a raid to carry back loot - these are all actions, and calculated separately from Passive Income.

I think the Industry Conversion and Research confuse people the most. Perhaps I should just make those Actions.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:45 am

Olthenia wrote:Okay, it's time for a silly question~

Passive Income does not depend on action, only status. Striking Citizens do not produce it, but almost all other Citizens do. Your Freemen can be cutting Timber, learning a trade, carrying silk to the next city over, etc. and still produce their Labor. Ditto Artisans and their Wealth/-Wealth+Industry.

Active Income on the other hand is quite variable. Operating Districts, working at a Construction, doing Forced Labor, going on a raid to carry back loot - these are all actions, and calculated separately from Passive Income.

I think the Industry Conversion and Research confuse people the most. Perhaps I should just make those Actions.

It would help if it was clearer whats a passive income and active income in the mechanics menu.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

It would help if it was clearer whats a passive income and active income in the mechanics menu.

From what I get on wealth it's the first city/capital and artisans. Other than that everything else is active.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:11 am

Passive is the Labor produced by peasants and the Wealth and/or Industry produced by Artisans. These are always produced, unless your workers are striking.

Active is the actions made during the turn. For example, Artisans working a Forge or Tannery is an active action.

Construction is completed at the end of the turn using what you generated during it.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:12 pm

@ Olth: :lol: :clap:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse