NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: The Noble Cities [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:19 pm

City State Application
Name: The Hesukar
Leader: Trying to figure out a cool name, will put something here once I do.
Short History: For centuries the Hesukar have served the Black Kings, harbingers of a fell harvest. They have supped in the halls of the Midnight Palace, learned of the arts of blood and darkness to wreak slaughter, to warp bone into armor and raise unliving abominations. High does the black flame burn, fueled by cannibal rite and sacrifice. They aim to bring their Edicts to all corners of the Earth, to usher forth pain and strength. Warriors train as the Augurs fortell conquest and blood, victories built on skull pyramids and corpse-pyres. Praise be the Black Kings and honor to their Chosen, the Hesukar.
Starting Location: Hesukar Location (Am I the H or HU?)
Advantage: N/A I think? I don’t know.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:28 pm

Prusslandia wrote:City State Application
Name: The Hesukar
Leader: Trying to figure out a cool name, will put something here once I do.
Short History: For centuries the Hesukar have served the Black Kings, harbingers of a fell harvest. They have supped in the halls of the Midnight Palace, learned of the arts of blood and darkness to wreak slaughter, to warp bone into armor and raise unliving abominations. High does the black flame burn, fueled by cannibal rite and sacrifice. They aim to bring their Edicts to all corners of the Earth, to usher forth pain and strength. Warriors train as the Augurs fortell conquest and blood, victories built on skull pyramids and corpse-pyres. Praise be the Black Kings and honor to their Chosen, the Hesukar.
Starting Location: Hesukar Location (Am I the H or HU?)
Advantage: N/A I think? I don’t know.

Im almost certain your the lower case h, as you recently settled. As Im a former migratory tribe, I have a lower case s, and another migratory tribe Nirari is a lower case n.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:36 am

Man the Hesukar are really close to the Riverlanders Republic unless I'm mistaken.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:56 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Man the Hesukar are really close to the Riverlanders Republic unless I'm mistaken.

No, you are completely right. I got the Nirari centrally located between Khortuun, Huanca/Huang, and Pennenthelli.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:24 am

Oh, G-Tech? Is it at all possible for me to transform my restive Warriors into Explorers, or even Freedmen?
Last edited by Olthenia on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:59 pm

Olthenia wrote:Oh, G-Tech? Is it at all possible for me to transform my restive Warriors into Explorers, or even Freedmen?

Hmm. I suppose that should be possible, aye.

Novas Arcanum wrote:Unless I'm mistaken do structures/land produce resources passively?

Also we can tear down structures and receive a portion of the resources spent right?

Not passively - both require someone working them to produce, though multiple constructions can be worked if in the same district.

Ralnis wrote:City State Application
Name:Warcyfle
Leader: Chieftain Gu of Two Islands
Short History:The Warcyfle's history is shrouded in mystery and much hadn't been recorded due to them making the first recorded stories of their love for their Storm God, Tes'la. Much has been recorded of their rise of prosperity between them and the Aun'kal through their chieftains and their clan circles with the families also having their own personal scribes. The people in the history itself had structured themselves as a primitive caste system with the means of production being in control of the priesthood as they held the secrets of Teslanite and the ability to teach it to other smiths as a means of producing their rare magical metal.

Over current history, there has been a building of tension between their neighbors. This came with the Warcyfle settling on their neighboring island to expand beyond the Island of lo. The settlement was an outpost called Mantu Hui and was the start of concern with their neighbors. It escalated when the Children of Tes'la made a more advance galley, the bireme. This ship being the might of the smaller civilization had cost the people more than it should.

This came with the Aun'kal embezzling from them and the Warcyfle attempting to use their warship to blockade the island only to hurt them both and had have them now looking at each with a bit of disdain. The people inside the Warcylfe believe that the current chieftain, Gu to be ineffective and his supporters angry at his lack of an effective army to right this wrong to what they thought were friends. Gu is now sitting on his supporters questioning his right to rule and the Aun'kal bitter against their neighbors for generations of tensions.

Can Gu be able to quell the dissent and mend the wounds between former friends? Can he amass an army worthy of pressing the claim and showing the might of Tes'la? Or will the chieftain himself be dethroned and Tes'la's Favored fallen into ruin?
Starting Location: On map
Advantage: That I don't know.

Sure, this all looks fine. Accepted. I'll send you over your jazz.

Nuxipal wrote:City State Application
Name: City of Daru
Leader:Kirtar
Short History: The city of Daru was founded on north of the Pardis Mountains by the Nirari Tribe, the dominant cultural group in the city. While there some people from other tribes integrated within the tribe and the city it founded, it was built on Nirari principles and built to provide a home for the Nirari going forward. In times past they wandered the plains and even trekked the mountains before founding the city. They seek to dominate the various beasts of the plains, to which end they have domesticated the great horned lords, Unicorns, and as an easy source of food, the chickens living in the area they now live. They continue to seek out further creatures and plants to aid in their dominion over the land. To this end, they worship the mysterious Ancestor, a goddess of the earth which the priestly class claims will help all life grow in and around the city.
Starting Location: Nirari Tribal location
Advantage: N/A (already cashed in?)

Glad to hear more Nirari backstory, welcome.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Elerian wrote:City State Application
Name: Aled Aedryn
Leader: Ithel Brigantia
Short History: With a knowledge made wider by her illustrious forbearers, the Aederfolk made the transition from savages to city dwellers. In the home of their ancestors the Aederfolk erected the city of Dol Aelyd. With fine homes and prosperity, Dol Aelyd is contented and well situated as the center of Aeder culture. Following the sledge paths West lays the troublesome mountain settlement of Dol Angren. In recent years the city has had reason to quarrel with her sister city of Dol Aelyd over mismanagement of resources. These tensions have been quieted for now by hefty investment from the Lowlander Aederfolk. Going into this new age the Aederfolk are led by Brigantia, Chief of Dol Aelyd.
Starting Location: Dol Aelyd (Aederfolk starting location)
Advantage: Do we pick a new one?

This looks good - nope, advantages are just for new city states. Your advantages are all the jazz you did last RP. J'accept.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:21 pm

City State Application
Name: Pillar of Varra (Saladonians)
Leader: Chieftain Elspeth Saelon
Short History: Sons of Varrus, Children of Saladon, Those who claimed the verdant plains. There are many names for the kin of Varra. They care little of war, merchants, artisans, and farmers of heart, when they spend time not exploring the vast plains.

They are the first pillar of Saladon, a beacon of light in a wild land. Settled by Varrus Saelon, the great ancestor and father of Varra. He would be the first to rule Varra, but not the last. His son, and then his son's son would be follow suit. Until the male blood line would eventually run out, and a daughter of Varrus would take the throne. Bearing the name Chieftain, so that it would be clear to all, that she rules the Pillar of Varra, and no one else.

She and her council, are known as the first pillar, the first government to rule on these plains, and the first beacon of Saladon. They are poised to guide Varra through it's many troubles and gains for years to come. Acting as the city's protector and leaders.

There are also the concern of those who left Varra years ago, what became of them? Did they return to the nomadic lifestyle of the ancestors, or they formed a new pillar, independent of that of Varra. Hopefully their kin were not jaded by the council's harsh demand, a just but harsh demand. Hoping to reconcile with their lost kin. If not by unity then by trade and cooperation.

Regardless, Varra looks to this new era with optimism, hoping to father new pillars around it's prosperous citystate.
Starting Location: N/A
Advantage: N/A?
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
City State Application
Name: Pillar of Varra (Saladonians)
Leader: Chieftain Elspeth Saelon
Short History: Sons of Varrus, Children of Saladon, Those who claimed the verdant plains. There are many names for the kin of Varra. They care little of war, merchants, artisans, and farmers of heart, when they spend time not exploring the vast plains.

They are the first pillar of Saladon, a beacon of light in a wild land. Settled by Varrus Saelon, the great ancestor and father of Varra. He would be the first to rule Varra, but not the last. His son, and then his son's son would be follow suit. Until the male blood line would eventually run out, and a daughter of Varrus would take the throne. Bearing the name Chieftain, so that it would be clear to all, that she rules the Pillar of Varra, and no one else.

She and her council, are known as the first pillar, the first government to rule on these plains, and the first beacon of Saladon. They are poised to guide Varra through it's many troubles and gains for years to come. Acting as the city's protector and leaders.

There are also the concern of those who left Varra years ago, what became of them? Did they return to the nomadic lifestyle of the ancestors, or they formed a new pillar, independent of that of Varra. Hopefully their kin were not jaded by the council's harsh demand, a just but harsh demand. Hoping to reconcile with their lost kin. If not by unity then by trade and cooperation.

Regardless, Varra looks to this new era with optimism, hoping to father new pillars around it's prosperous citystate.
Starting Location: N/A
Advantage: N/A?

Looks great. J'accept.

I might be able to launch the IC tomorrow then.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Alright, its time to try and figure out how to get my tiny city not tiny... quickly.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Nuxipal wrote:Alright, its time to try and figure out how to get my tiny city not tiny... quickly.

*coughs in 2 pops*

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:56 pm

How does one get wealth without artisans? Like how would that works for taxes?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:Alright, its time to try and figure out how to get my tiny city not tiny... quickly.

*coughs in 2 pops*

I would have been in that exact situation if I hadn't gone and fixed the problem in the between times.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:21 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Certainly.

Kool. I just need a rundown of its history after I left it, to make an app.

Hmm. There’s not too much to say. They were assaulted by the Hesukar, but saw the raiders off through militarization and a static wall.

Ralnis wrote:How does one get wealth without artisans? Like how would that works for taxes?

You’re essentially operating a command economy - there’s not much to tax, minus the palace economy itself.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:*coughs in 2 pops*

I would have been in that exact situation if I hadn't gone and fixed the problem in the between times.

I was hoping by having a large amount of people in the tribal stage I'd have a decent or slightly better population number for being a migratory tribe. But I guess the events made a bigger impact if anything

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

I was hoping by having a large amount of people in the tribal stage I'd have a decent or slightly better population number for being a migratory tribe. But I guess the events made a bigger impact if anything

You should probably compare how many people you had as a tribe to how many people others had :P

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I was hoping by having a large amount of people in the tribal stage I'd have a decent or slightly better population number for being a migratory tribe. But I guess the events made a bigger impact if anything

You should probably compare how many people you had as a tribe to how many people others had :P

Surprised that I have as much people as Novas despite him having the second largest population last iteration.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I was hoping by having a large amount of people in the tribal stage I'd have a decent or slightly better population number for being a migratory tribe. But I guess the events made a bigger impact if anything

I know I was behind, but I felt like I really made population a focus for my tribe. Im pretty sure I was the biggest among the migratory tribes at the very least.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

I know I was behind, but I felt like I really made population a focus for my tribe. Im pretty sure I was the biggest among the migratory tribes at the very least.

I think you were but I would think not as impactful as the Hueskar.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:51 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

You have what, peasants and artisans? Same here tbh. I also have a population of slaves though.

Ralnis wrote:

Surprised that I have as much people as Novas despite him having the second largest population last iteration.

These things might be related.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:33 pm

What's my relationship with the Black Spiders?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:I know I was behind, but I felt like I really made population a focus for my tribe. Im pretty sure I was the biggest among the migratory tribes at the very least.

I think you were but I would think not as impactful as the Hueskar.

Unless I'm mistaken you have 200 people and I have 600?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:14 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:What's my relationship with the Black Spiders?

What it used to be - I didn’t make any non-essential changes to the Machaka.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I think you were but I would think not as impactful as the Hueskar.

Unless I'm mistaken you have 200 people and I have 600?

No I have 500, 400 in Lo, 100 in my outpost.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm

By the way who attacked Zhai Cheng?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse