NATION

PASSWORD

The Mafia Queen (OOC, Sign Ups Are OPEN!!!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:43 am

As for how the mob’s radios weren’t detected by the drone sweep, let’s just say after the battle we will find that they’ve invented a new futuristic radio system of some kind.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:02 am

Alright
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:As for how the mob’s radios weren’t detected by the drone sweep, let’s just say after the battle we will find that they’ve invented a new futuristic radio system of some kind.

I would say that "Keep radio silence unless there is something to report" is the much more simple way to explain that and would give me something to do.

@Christian Confederation: Btw, it is not necessary to always quote the full post you are reacting to. If it's the last post right before yours, no quote is necessary at all and if it is one further up, it's generally a good idea to shorten the quoted post to the part where you are reacting to. This way the IC is more easily navigable for everybody.

Also: There are two squads of 17 dudes each, that would take some time time to get to us and another 1 Mafiosi very nearby east of the hill, fighting Anti. Now you write you shot one and tackled another so ... you rushed into one of the advancing teams?
Last edited by Kaledoria on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Kaledoria wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:As for how the mob’s radios weren’t detected by the drone sweep, let’s just say after the battle we will find that they’ve invented a new futuristic radio system of some kind.

I would say that "Keep radio silence unless there is something to report" is the much more simple way to explain that and would give me something to do.

Okay let’s go with that

One possible suggestion: Drones can still be flown to report enemy positions etc (feel free to make reasonable takes on enemy formations relative to players etc)
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:35 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:Alright

Kaledoria raises some good questions. Wanna address?

Did you just charge by yourself straight into 17 of them? (Cause it says you tackled one)

You can still edit or clarify? You can TG me for suggestions on what to do. But in general, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to tackle into such a large group. You might want to keep a distance and maintain some cover etc

This is intended to be a somewhat semi-realistic RP

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 pm

Should we have Avati find Antihero in my next post? Or should he just keep looking for him without finding him as he makes his way inside? Either way works for me.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Madrinpoor wrote:Should we have Avati find Antihero in my next post? Or should he just keep looking for him without finding him as he makes his way inside? Either way works for me.

Sure I’ll try to set it up.

You know what would be really useful at this battle? A M249 SAW... something to lay down hundreds of rounds of suppression etc :)

Ah well, it’s a low firepower conflict and it’s not like the mob brought field artillery so...

There’s a certain stylistic appeal too to have mainly low firepower weapons
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:15 am

Well, it seams, like your tactical description was overruled, Mushroom, and at least one of the two groups of 17 has split up, so that BOTH, Steve and Avati could fight a group of two. :D Total Anarchy (which happens to work with my character's attire, I guess). I planed to post after someone took care of Antihero's last enemy but I work around it, I guess...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:31 am

Kaledoria wrote:Well, it seams, like your tactical description was overruled, Mushroom, and at least one of the two groups of 17 has split up, so that BOTH, Steve and Avati could fight a group of two. :D Total Anarchy (which happens to work with my character's attire, I guess). I planed to post after someone took care of Antihero's last enemy but I work around it, I guess...

I’m okay with the 34 being spread out chaotically

You can work around this; if Steve doesn’t want to change the existing post, we can just say he ran and engaged a smaller group

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:15 am

I'm kind of imagining it like this now:

...Note: Nothing here is to scale...

So like, yes they are goups, but not in the sense of walking right next to each other or even within sight, but "almost" in sight of each other, with some scouts surrounding the main group, so the main group is not accidentally ambushed by a M249 SAW or something. ;)

But that's just my idea, especially the other people at the car can be somewhere else, once they get a post.
Last edited by Kaledoria on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:42 pm

Kaledoria wrote:I'm kind of imagining it like this now:

(Image)
...Note: Nothing here is to scale...

So like, yes they are goups, but not in the sense of walking right next to each other or even within sight, but "almost" in sight of each other, with some scouts surrounding the main group, so the main group is not accidentally ambushed by a M249 SAW or something. ;)

But that's just my idea, especially the other people at the car can be somewhere else, once they get a post.

I love this

How long did it take to make? It’s impressive.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I love this

How long did it take to make? It’s impressive.

That took like 5 minutes in MS paint, that is definitely not impressive.

For Funnies here with Photoshop. And yes, I left the Google Maps elements in intentionally. :roll:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:41 am

I'll get a post up tomorrow, reposition some of my characters for the firefight
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scornerse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scornerse » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:15 am

University got busy for me, but my exams are done. I should be able to catch up this week. My first post was intended to be um, very long.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:53 pm

Kaledoria wrote:Well, it seams, like your tactical description was overruled, Mushroom, and at least one of the two groups of 17 has split up, so that BOTH, Steve and Avati could fight a group of two. :D Total Anarchy (which happens to work with my character's attire, I guess). I planed to post after someone took care of Antihero's last enemy but I work around it, I guess...

Sorry about that...
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:34 am

Madrinpoor wrote:

Sorry about that...

If you want in your next post you could have Antihero run into Avati =)

Madrinpoor
Minister

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Madrinpoor wrote:Sorry about that...

If you want in your next post you could have Antihero run into Avati =)

Ok, I'll write a post today afternoon!

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:23 pm

To help with my next post and for reference, Coraspia did you have Kevin engage the north or west group of mobsters? Based on the diagram?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:To help with my next post and for reference, Coraspia did you have Kevin engage the north or west group of mobsters? Based on the diagram?

The diagram? I'm blind. I have no idea.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:To help with my next post and for reference, Coraspia did you have Kevin engage the north or west group of mobsters? Based on the diagram?

The diagram? I'm blind. I have no idea.

There’s 17 goons north of the van and 17 goons to the west of the van

Antihero and Joe Avati are attacking the north group through a flank; Steve is flanking another side... Tom is shooting at this group too

No one else has interacted with the west group of 17 yet

Did Kevin attack north or west? (It may be interesting if he engaged west but it’s your call)

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:The diagram? I'm blind. I have no idea.

Antihero and Joe Avati are attacking the north group through a flank; Steve is flanking another side... Tom is shooting at this group too

Did Kevin attack north or west? (It may be interesting if he engaged west but it’s your call)

He'll go for West. I'll have George be in the area at the same time.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:07 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

He'll go for West. I'll have George be in the area at the same time.

Excellent, I’ll try to coordinate something the other players in the northern front

Western front is your fire show :)

Although I wonder what Lorelei has planned with drones etc

Later on after work, I’ll also make a post with the vault from the mob perspective, it’s time to up the threat factor of the enemies

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:22 am

Well, I would not want to leave you wondering, Mushroom. :)

Comment on my distraction: I timed it so that it would happen at the exact moment a group in the west was planing to step out of the smoke they used for their approach, but it affects the dudes in the north, too. Only difference is, that those might just go "WTF?" rip their radios of their heads (or, if they are cool-headed, just turn them off) and continue fighting as if nothing happened (While the guys in the west probably don't have the luxurity of even such a small action in this time-critical moment :twisted: ).
Last edited by Kaledoria on Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:27 pm

Christian please read everyone else’s posts. No one is inside yet. Please edit or retract post.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Thank you for edit.

But Who did you follow? By “others” who do you mean?

Everyone is in a different place on different fronts now. If you’re joining up with Antihero and Joe Avati then try to link your posts to the events described in those posts. Keep in mind Lorelei’s diagram of who is where.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse