NATION

PASSWORD

Shadow of the Reich [AH|OOC|CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:30 am

I'm beginning to catch the scent of death with this RP

that's a shame

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:57 pm

Bolslania wrote:I'm beginning to catch the scent of death with this RP

that's a shame

I don't believe so, just the Gala is wrapping up and we'll need a new pivot scene in order to get it continuously spiraling with activity. Norv has been pretty active as CONTROL and I've yet to introduce my character just because of the way things went in regard to conversation in the IC, but rest assured I have something getting written up. In the meanwhile I've debating putting a formal app in for the American S.S Oberst-Gruppenfuhrer position, as well as maybe a third lackey somewhere in this bureaucracy.

Don't worry man, I think we've still got a lot of activity and potential to milk out of this thing and hopefully a good bit of segments as well!

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:55 pm

Yeah I am trying to find time to respond, and this will hopefully bring the Gala to an end lol.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 pm

Hello everyone! Posted in the Discord about this but apologies for my lapse in activity. Lots of IRL obligations have been eating up not only my time but my motivation to write.

But behold, I return. I will make a concerted effort to respond to both IC and OOC content in a much timelier manner. Thanks to those of you who are still with me. Without further ado, reviews for our two apps:
Yaruqo wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Yaruqo
Roleplay Sample: As Egypt; As Zhang Yazhu in NS Parliament
Have you read the OP in its entirety? Yes
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
"Michael Prescott, a pleasure! My friends call me Mike, and both my closest friends and my enemies know me as Oculus."

"I was born on March 18th, 1933, so I just turned 28 a few months ago. Look, between you and me, growing up as a teenager is hard enough as it is. Try doing that in the midst of a fucking war. I thought puberty was gonna be the biggest pain in the ass I'd have to deal with. Christ, was I wrong."

Sex:
"I'm a man, simple enough."

Sexual Orientation:
"Look, I'm married to my job...at least that's what my goosestepping bosses are gonna hear anytime they try to hook me up with one of their daughters. To put it delicately, if some of these guys knew the truth about me, they'd probably light their right hands on fire."

Ethnicity:
"Perfect little WASP from Delaware. No other way to get into the Reich's bureaucracy than to look like their poster boy. I mean, sure I don't have the golden locks or blue eyes, but all they see is a white man with a lack of 'undesirables' in his family tree."

Appearance:
"White, green eyes, dark brown hair. I was 14 when the Germans secured the surrender of the American government, so I lived through some rough times, I'm still a little skinny despite my success since then. Probably not good for a fight, probably not very threatening looking - which doesn't hurt, I guess, if you don't want to be noticed in the office."

Residence:
"I live in New York, got a bit of an apartment in Queens. It's not much, but if things go sideways, I want to have as much disposable income as possible to get my ass to the Neutral Zone. I grew up in Delaware, Wilmington. Not much there, I can tell you that. Even before I knew what was what, I always dreamed of living in the big city. Real fucked up way of achieving that dream, I suppose."

"I work in the American Reich Ministry of Justice, I'm an aide to the Reichsminister. And my unpaid gig is passing along information to the Resistance. But we don't need to report that to the revenue department, do we? Would I like to be the Reichsminister of Justice? I mean, maybe, if it would help the resistance, but I don't think Rockwell or Berlin would elevate me to that position, and I don't know if I'd be able to avoid that level of scrutiny into my private life."

Family:
"Don't judge me, but my parents are dead, and I'm glad they are. Loved them to the day they died, but if they were ever targeted...it's hard enough knowing my older sister is in the Neutral Zone. She fled, didn't want to be a traditional frau, she's always been a feminist type. I hope she is safe there, and I hope she knows that I said what I had to say in order to keep myself safe...and to further the cause. If I ever see her again...can we talk about something else?"

Religion:
"You ask my colleagues, I'm a devoted member of my local Reich Church. I attend services every week - though sometimes I'll skip a week or two, you can't look too perfect, otherwise they'll know you've got something to hide. Saw a couple neighbors get snatched cause of that. Don't know what happened to them, and quite frankly, I'm afraid to ask. Oh, right, sorry. I was raised Roman Catholic, I guess I still keep the tenets of the Church close to my heart, but for now, I have to be someone else. Story of my life."

PSYCHOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Greatest fear?
"I want to be brave and say, 'Failing the cause of liberty, of democracy, of independence from the Nazi yoke.' But I have to tell you the truth. I'm afraid of being discovered - as a homosexual, as a spy. Just one of those things would either land me in front of a firing squad or a camp - yeah, you heard me right, who do you think has to look at those files? I'm afraid of dying. I'm afraid of torture. Will I give anyone up? Not willingly, but like all people...I can be broken."

Most intimate ambition?
"Where do I begin? I want a love that I cannot have, I want a government that has been shot and nuked and bombed and wasn't perfect to begin with, and I want a freedom that I haven't even remotely felt since I was a boy."

Loyalty?
"I am loyal to America."

Three defining traits:
"I'm cautious, I suppose. Chalk it up to my old man having worked insurance, learned a lot of lessons from him about how to assess risk. I'm probably more book smart than street smart, but I'm sure a lot of that is just common sense. And I guess in a way I'm invisible - I look and sound like the typical Nazi American, I'm not particularly tall, I don't really stand out outside of the professional field of things. I can blend in, and that's how I can see the things no one wants you to see, and that's exactly the kind of stuff the resistance needs to see."

Personality:
"I've told you pretty much everything about me. I'd rather not get too much into me, you never know who is listening."

BIOGRAPHY
"As I said, I was born in Wilmington, Delaware, in 1933. I had a sister who was 5 years older than me, my dad worked insurance, my mom was a typical housewife. My life wasn't that interesting until the war started to come to our shores. My dad was drafted to defend our shores, he actually got sent to Washington with a division of the Delaware National Guard. I was a freshman in high school when the bomb dropped. I haven't seen my dad since, so I imagine he died there. My mom...she wasn't the same after that. She couldn't raise my sister and I in this new world. She took her own life two years later - I'm actually amazed she held on for that long, but my mom tried to be strong for us. My sister cared for me until I was 18. I got high marks from our new school system cause I knew what those fuckers wanted to hear, and my sis and I were always close and she wanted me to be an American at heart, not some goosestepper. But there's not a lot of opportunities for us if we don't visibly toe the line. I basically worked up the academic ladder: got a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice at Temple University, in Philadelphia (was there when they took down the Liberty Bell...it's much smaller than people made it out to be), then I went to Yale for law school. It was during that time that two things happened to me: during my first year of law school, my sister ran away from the Reich, presumably to the Neutral Zone, unintentionally putting me in a compromising position; and then I met the son of our Reichsminister of Justice and we became friends. I hadn't made contact with the resistance by that point, so it was a genuine friendship...one of the few genuine connections I've had. Look, I'm sure if someone reads this they'll think I was some traitor, but as you will discover, not all life revolved solely around the resistance or the Reich, you have to carve a little something for yourself in order to stay sane. And Christ, it was law school for crying out loud.

"Oh, my sister? Yeah, the Gestapo interviewed me, asking if I had known her plans to flee and all that. Truth be told, I didn't. I guess she was afraid that I'd spill the beans or wanted me to know as little as possible so as to not get in trouble with the authorities. Got some stink eye from the more established types. It was then I met Fred, and I guess he was picking up folks that would piss off daddy to be his friend, so someone with the Gestapo breathing down your neck fits the ticket. Before Fred had to go through military training, he was a totally different person, I'll tell you that much. But anyway, he got his old man to cover for me. I got my JD, and Fred wanted me in New York with him after we graduated, so he got me a job in the Reichsministry when I was 25, in 1958.

"It was actually a few months later that I got into contact with some resistance types. I can't go into the how, that'd be telling. But I managed to feed them some information that I guess helped out one of their cells avoid arrest. CONTROL? Never met them. Shit, I never met an Oracle, either. I'm not deep in the resistance, I'm just glad to be doing my part. Anyway, two years later, Fred is a totally different guy after his dad had sent him to the Army for some tough love, and I guess he took enough of a liking to me to make me one of his personal aides. That, or he wanted to keep an eye on me after his son pulled the strings for my employment. Or maybe he's a queer like I am...don't tell anyone else I made that joke, or I'll cut your throat. Fred and I, meanwhile, are still 'friends', but the kind of friend that is distant. Like a friend from college who you say 'Oh we should catch up!' and then never do. So anyway, I'm helping the Reichsminister out, keeping an eye out on files and documents about investigations that might be of interest to the resistance and analyzing what information is more likely to help and less likely to be traced back to me. It's stressful, but the Germans don't like how we drink, and I don't want to have loose lips anyway, so I can't turn to drugs or the bottle. Some day, I'm worried that I'm gonna slip up. Maybe I will. Maybe that day is tomorrow. But until that day comes, or until Lady fucking Liberty bashes down the doors of the Reichsministry with a Tommy gun in hand, I'll do what I can."
I know this application is still a work in progress, but it looks great thus far!

My only concern is that, while the resistance connection is a very viable source of interaction, I worry that Mike might be a bit too low-level in the Reich. Would you consider making him a judge? I think that might have some more relevance in the political system, and would present us with a very interesting moral perspective, as he has to make hard decisions about which of his friends to pardon and which to condemn.
Bolslania wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Bolslania
Roleplay Sample:Imperialisium's "Imperium"
Have you read the OP in its entirety?: Yes
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:"Rayk Holzhausen."
Sex: "I am quite clearly male."
Sexual Orientation: "I am a good heterosexual, I am not a degenerate." (Heterosexual)
Ethnicity: "Once again, I am no degenerate. I am Arian."
Appearance: (Image)
Fleischmann, Rayk. Physical Analysis.

Hauptsturmfuhrer Rayk Holzhausen stands at 1.85 meters tall, weighs 175 pounds. His figure is in athletic shape, and he is very capable of performing physical tasks in service to the Reich.

--- Schutzstaffel File 325467 [HOLZHAUSEN, RAYK]

Residence: "I have a residence in the Upper West Side, need to stay close to the Amerikanreichsfuhrer after all."
Occupation: "I am the commander of the Amerikanreichsfuhrer's SS personal guard."
Family: "I was permitted to marry 2 years ago, and my wife and I have had a male child. We are planning on having another child when our son is more grown up."
Religion: "I am Gottglaubig, I believe in the creator. But the pacifist Christian doctrines are too weak to be the mainstay of the Reich."
Greatest fear?: "I'll be honest, being turned on by the Reich. I've done things that I don't want done to me."
Most intimate ambition?: "I dream of one day becoming the Reichsführer-SS of some part of the Reich's territories."
Loyalty? "I am above all loyal to the Reich as a nation. In coordination with that I am loyal the the Fuhrer, and I am loyal to Amerikanreichsfuhrer Rockwell. Nothing goes above that, not even family."
Three defining traits:
As a fully indoctrinated member of the Reich and the SS, Holzhausen is driven (brutal) and unhesitant in carrying out his duties to the Reich. Even if those duties are morally questioned by those of a weaker will. He is fervently loyal to the Reich, and will do almost anything for it. Holzhausen is generally a reserved individual, not speaking unless spoken to in most cases. This has made him an excellent candidate for guard duties and ceremonial performances due to his already quiet nature.

Personality:
While these reports have yet to be determined as accurate or not, Holzhausen's comrades from Russia and Africa have described him as stoically indifferent to the purges, or sometimes even enthusiastic about conducting them. Truth of these allegations has yet to be determined, however an unflinching conduction of his duties hints to some accuracy.

--- Schutzstaffel File 325467

BIOGRAPHY

"Well I don't believe there's much else to say besides what an SS file can tell you. I was born in Berlin in 1939, just as the war started. I'll be honest I didn't come from humble beginnings, while we weren't necessarily rich we didn't usually worry about where our next meal was going to come from. There were some food difficulties later in the war, but that's because our troops on the front fighting for the Fatherland needed them, so we could spare some food for the cause. I joined the Hitler Youth when I was of age, as any good German would, and spent the next few years training to faithfully serve the Fatherland. When I graduated at the age of 18, I was selected to join the SS, instead of the regular Wehrmacht. By this selection I, and my family, was honored and privileged to further serve the Fuhrer. I spent about a year in SS training and was inducted into the Allgemeine-SS. The war was over at that point, and it was time for cleaning-up of the territories. I was first sent to Russia. There I cleaned up the undesirables and secured the territory for the Fatherland. So good was I at that that I was selected for the Totenkampfverbande, as you can see by the skull and crossbones on my cap. I spent the next 2 years in Russia and Africa, securing the deportation of Jews, Slavs, and Africans to make way for the spread of the Arian race. There I earned several commendations for my work, and worked my way up through the ranks to my current rank of Hauptsturmfuhrer. My family had originally been protestant, but I converted to Gottglaubig when I deployed to Russia. I saw the weaker-willed members of my unit blanch at some of the things they were asked to do, and I wanted to separate myself from such weaknesses, so I converted the the SS religion. Ever since then it has made my duties all the much easier. Without any supposed restrictions imposed by a church. My actions earned me a reputation within the SS and the government as a whole. That reputation will have a different tone depending on who you ask. Such a reputation I earned that I was selected by Himmler himself to command the SS guard detachment for the Amerikanreichsfuhrer, an honor and duty I am more than willing to perform.

Do I think about my time in Russia and Africa? Not really. Nor do I regret what I did. I did it for Germany and for the Arian people around the world, and in my mind the ends do indeed justify the means. I will admit I've done things that I sometimes wish I hadn't had to do, but the memories do not keep me up at night. You can find various service details and the like in my file. SS file 325467 I believe it is. Any more questions?"

Accepted, although I caution you, as I would anyone, to approach the subject matter with the utmost consideration and respect. I expect the ardent Nazis who performed the regime's most heinous crimes to be represented, but I also expect them to be portrayed without a shred of sympathy. The acceptance of this application is a sign of good faith, and make sure you do not break it.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:46 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Hello everyone! Posted in the Discord about this but apologies for my lapse in activity. Lots of IRL obligations have been eating up not only my time but my motivation to write.

But behold, I return. I will make a concerted effort to respond to both IC and OOC content in a much timelier manner. Thanks to those of you who are still with me. Without further ado, reviews for our two apps:
Yaruqo wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
"Michael Prescott, a pleasure! My friends call me Mike, and both my closest friends and my enemies know me as Oculus."

"I was born on March 18th, 1933, so I just turned 28 a few months ago. Look, between you and me, growing up as a teenager is hard enough as it is. Try doing that in the midst of a fucking war. I thought puberty was gonna be the biggest pain in the ass I'd have to deal with. Christ, was I wrong."

Sex:

Sexual Orientation:
"Look, I'm married to my job...at least that's what my goosestepping bosses are gonna hear anytime they try to hook me up with one of their daughters. To put it delicately, if some of these guys knew the truth about me, they'd probably light their right hands on fire."

Ethnicity:
"Perfect little WASP from Delaware. No other way to get into the Reich's bureaucracy than to look like their poster boy. I mean, sure I don't have the golden locks or blue eyes, but all they see is a white man with a lack of 'undesirables' in his family tree."

Appearance:
"White, green eyes, dark brown hair. I was 14 when the Germans secured the surrender of the American government, so I lived through some rough times, I'm still a little skinny despite my success since then. Probably not good for a fight, probably not very threatening looking - which doesn't hurt, I guess, if you don't want to be noticed in the office."

Residence:
"I live in New York, got a bit of an apartment in Queens. It's not much, but if things go sideways, I want to have as much disposable income as possible to get my ass to the Neutral Zone. I grew up in Delaware, Wilmington. Not much there, I can tell you that. Even before I knew what was what, I always dreamed of living in the big city. Real fucked up way of achieving that dream, I suppose."

"I work in the American Reich Ministry of Justice, I'm an aide to the Reichsminister. And my unpaid gig is passing along information to the Resistance. But we don't need to report that to the revenue department, do we? Would I like to be the Reichsminister of Justice? I mean, maybe, if it would help the resistance, but I don't think Rockwell or Berlin would elevate me to that position, and I don't know if I'd be able to avoid that level of scrutiny into my private life."

Family:
"Don't judge me, but my parents are dead, and I'm glad they are. Loved them to the day they died, but if they were ever targeted...it's hard enough knowing my older sister is in the Neutral Zone. She fled, didn't want to be a traditional frau, she's always been a feminist type. I hope she is safe there, and I hope she knows that I said what I had to say in order to keep myself safe...and to further the cause. If I ever see her again...can we talk about something else?"

Religion:
"You ask my colleagues, I'm a devoted member of my local Reich Church. I attend services every week - though sometimes I'll skip a week or two, you can't look too perfect, otherwise they'll know you've got something to hide. Saw a couple neighbors get snatched cause of that. Don't know what happened to them, and quite frankly, I'm afraid to ask. Oh, right, sorry. I was raised Roman Catholic, I guess I still keep the tenets of the Church close to my heart, but for now, I have to be someone else. Story of my life."

Greatest fear?
"I want to be brave and say, 'Failing the cause of liberty, of democracy, of independence from the Nazi yoke.' But I have to tell you the truth. I'm afraid of being discovered - as a homosexual, as a spy. Just one of those things would either land me in front of a firing squad or a camp - yeah, you heard me right, who do you think has to look at those files? I'm afraid of dying. I'm afraid of torture. Will I give anyone up? Not willingly, but like all people...I can be broken."

Most intimate ambition?
"Where do I begin? I want a love that I cannot have, I want a government that has been shot and nuked and bombed and wasn't perfect to begin with, and I want a freedom that I haven't even remotely felt since I was a boy."

Loyalty?
"I am loyal to America."

Three defining traits:
"I'm cautious, I suppose. Chalk it up to my old man having worked insurance, learned a lot of lessons from him about how to assess risk. I'm probably more book smart than street smart, but I'm sure a lot of that is just common sense. And I guess in a way I'm invisible - I look and sound like the typical Nazi American, I'm not particularly tall, I don't really stand out outside of the professional field of things. I can blend in, and that's how I can see the things no one wants you to see, and that's exactly the kind of stuff the resistance needs to see."

Personality:
"I've told you pretty much everything about me. I'd rather not get too much into me, you never know who is listening."

BIOGRAPHY
"As I said, I was born in Wilmington, Delaware, in 1933. I had a sister who was 5 years older than me, my dad worked insurance, my mom was a typical housewife. My life wasn't that interesting until the war started to come to our shores. My dad was drafted to defend our shores, he actually got sent to Washington with a division of the Delaware National Guard. I was a freshman in high school when the bomb dropped. I haven't seen my dad since, so I imagine he died there. My mom...she wasn't the same after that. She couldn't raise my sister and I in this new world. She took her own life two years later - I'm actually amazed she held on for that long, but my mom tried to be strong for us. My sister cared for me until I was 18. I got high marks from our new school system cause I knew what those fuckers wanted to hear, and my sis and I were always close and she wanted me to be an American at heart, not some goosestepper. But there's not a lot of opportunities for us if we don't visibly toe the line. I basically worked up the academic ladder: got a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice at Temple University, in Philadelphia (was there when they took down the Liberty Bell...it's much smaller than people made it out to be), then I went to Yale for law school. It was during that time that two things happened to me: during my first year of law school, my sister ran away from the Reich, presumably to the Neutral Zone, unintentionally putting me in a compromising position; and then I met the son of our Reichsminister of Justice and we became friends. I hadn't made contact with the resistance by that point, so it was a genuine friendship...one of the few genuine connections I've had. Look, I'm sure if someone reads this they'll think I was some traitor, but as you will discover, not all life revolved solely around the resistance or the Reich, you have to carve a little something for yourself in order to stay sane. And Christ, it was law school for crying out loud.

"Oh, my sister? Yeah, the Gestapo interviewed me, asking if I had known her plans to flee and all that. Truth be told, I didn't. I guess she was afraid that I'd spill the beans or wanted me to know as little as possible so as to not get in trouble with the authorities. Got some stink eye from the more established types. It was then I met Fred, and I guess he was picking up folks that would piss off daddy to be his friend, so someone with the Gestapo breathing down your neck fits the ticket. Before Fred had to go through military training, he was a totally different person, I'll tell you that much. But anyway, he got his old man to cover for me. I got my JD, and Fred wanted me in New York with him after we graduated, so he got me a job in the Reichsministry when I was 25, in 1958.

"It was actually a few months later that I got into contact with some resistance types. I can't go into the how, that'd be telling. But I managed to feed them some information that I guess helped out one of their cells avoid arrest. CONTROL? Never met them. Shit, I never met an Oracle, either. I'm not deep in the resistance, I'm just glad to be doing my part. Anyway, two years later, Fred is a totally different guy after his dad had sent him to the Army for some tough love, and I guess he took enough of a liking to me to make me one of his personal aides. That, or he wanted to keep an eye on me after his son pulled the strings for my employment. Or maybe he's a queer like I am...don't tell anyone else I made that joke, or I'll cut your throat. Fred and I, meanwhile, are still 'friends', but the kind of friend that is distant. Like a friend from college who you say 'Oh we should catch up!' and then never do. So anyway, I'm helping the Reichsminister out, keeping an eye out on files and documents about investigations that might be of interest to the resistance and analyzing what information is more likely to help and less likely to be traced back to me. It's stressful, but the Germans don't like how we drink, and I don't want to have loose lips anyway, so I can't turn to drugs or the bottle. Some day, I'm worried that I'm gonna slip up. Maybe I will. Maybe that day is tomorrow. But until that day comes, or until Lady fucking Liberty bashes down the doors of the Reichsministry with a Tommy gun in hand, I'll do what I can."
I know this application is still a work in progress, but it looks great thus far!

My only concern is that, while the resistance connection is a very viable source of interaction, I worry that Mike might be a bit too low-level in the Reich. Would you consider making him a judge? I think that might have some more relevance in the political system, and would present us with a very interesting moral perspective, as he has to make hard decisions about which of his friends to pardon and which to condemn.
Bolslania wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Bolslania
Roleplay Sample:Imperialisium's "Imperium"
Have you read the OP in its entirety?: Yes
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:"Rayk Holzhausen."
Sex: "I am quite clearly male."
Sexual Orientation: "I am a good heterosexual, I am not a degenerate." (Heterosexual)
Ethnicity: "Once again, I am no degenerate. I am Arian."
Appearance: (Image)
Fleischmann, Rayk. Physical Analysis.

Hauptsturmfuhrer Rayk Holzhausen stands at 1.85 meters tall, weighs 175 pounds. His figure is in athletic shape, and he is very capable of performing physical tasks in service to the Reich.

Residence: "I have a residence in the Upper West Side, need to stay close to the Amerikanreichsfuhrer after all."
Occupation: "I am the commander of the Amerikanreichsfuhrer's SS personal guard."
Family: "I was permitted to marry 2 years ago, and my wife and I have had a male child. We are planning on having another child when our son is more grown up."
Religion: "I am Gottglaubig, I believe in the creator. But the pacifist Christian doctrines are too weak to be the mainstay of the Reich."
Greatest fear?: "I'll be honest, being turned on by the Reich. I've done things that I don't want done to me."
Most intimate ambition?: "I dream of one day becoming the Reichsführer-SS of some part of the Reich's territories."
Loyalty? "I am above all loyal to the Reich as a nation. In coordination with that I am loyal the the Fuhrer, and I am loyal to Amerikanreichsfuhrer Rockwell. Nothing goes above that, not even family."
Three defining traits:
As a fully indoctrinated member of the Reich and the SS, Holzhausen is driven (brutal) and unhesitant in carrying out his duties to the Reich. Even if those duties are morally questioned by those of a weaker will. He is fervently loyal to the Reich, and will do almost anything for it. Holzhausen is generally a reserved individual, not speaking unless spoken to in most cases. This has made him an excellent candidate for guard duties and ceremonial performances due to his already quiet nature.

Personality:
While these reports have yet to be determined as accurate or not, Holzhausen's comrades from Russia and Africa have described him as stoically indifferent to the purges, or sometimes even enthusiastic about conducting them. Truth of these allegations has yet to be determined, however an unflinching conduction of his duties hints to some accuracy.

--- Schutzstaffel File 325467

BIOGRAPHY

"Well I don't believe there's much else to say besides what an SS file can tell you. I was born in Berlin in 1939, just as the war started. I'll be honest I didn't come from humble beginnings, while we weren't necessarily rich we didn't usually worry about where our next meal was going to come from. There were some food difficulties later in the war, but that's because our troops on the front fighting for the Fatherland needed them, so we could spare some food for the cause. I joined the Hitler Youth when I was of age, as any good German would, and spent the next few years training to faithfully serve the Fatherland. When I graduated at the age of 18, I was selected to join the SS, instead of the regular Wehrmacht. By this selection I, and my family, was honored and privileged to further serve the Fuhrer. I spent about a year in SS training and was inducted into the Allgemeine-SS. The war was over at that point, and it was time for cleaning-up of the territories. I was first sent to Russia. There I cleaned up the undesirables and secured the territory for the Fatherland. So good was I at that that I was selected for the Totenkampfverbande, as you can see by the skull and crossbones on my cap. I spent the next 2 years in Russia and Africa, securing the deportation of Jews, Slavs, and Africans to make way for the spread of the Arian race. There I earned several commendations for my work, and worked my way up through the ranks to my current rank of Hauptsturmfuhrer. My family had originally been protestant, but I converted to Gottglaubig when I deployed to Russia. I saw the weaker-willed members of my unit blanch at some of the things they were asked to do, and I wanted to separate myself from such weaknesses, so I converted the the SS religion. Ever since then it has made my duties all the much easier. Without any supposed restrictions imposed by a church. My actions earned me a reputation within the SS and the government as a whole. That reputation will have a different tone depending on who you ask. Such a reputation I earned that I was selected by Himmler himself to command the SS guard detachment for the Amerikanreichsfuhrer, an honor and duty I am more than willing to perform.

Do I think about my time in Russia and Africa? Not really. Nor do I regret what I did. I did it for Germany and for the Arian people around the world, and in my mind the ends do indeed justify the means. I will admit I've done things that I sometimes wish I hadn't had to do, but the memories do not keep me up at night. You can find various service details and the like in my file. SS file 325467 I believe it is. Any more questions?"

Accepted, although I caution you, as I would anyone, to approach the subject matter with the utmost consideration and respect. I expect the ardent Nazis who performed the regime's most heinous crimes to be represented, but I also expect them to be portrayed without a shred of sympathy. The acceptance of this application is a sign of good faith, and make sure you do not break it.

You have nothing to worry about, there aren't many organizations I despise more than the Nazis. This character will not be a sympathetic one.

Yaruqo
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaruqo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:01 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Hello everyone! Posted in the Discord about this but apologies for my lapse in activity. Lots of IRL obligations have been eating up not only my time but my motivation to write.

Yaruqo wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:

Sex:

Sexual Orientation:

Ethnicity:

Appearance:

Residence:

Family:

Religion:

Greatest fear?

Most intimate ambition?

Loyalty?
"I am loyal to America."

Three defining traits:

Personality:

BIOGRAPHY

Ohh yeah, I can definitely retouch the application a bit and try that angle. I'll edit a couple details as well to make them more Reichy (like I doubt they'd offer a degree called "Criminal Justice", let's be real), and I'll go from there!

EDIT: Alright, worked up some changes. Aged him up a bit so he's not too young to be a judge, and there isn't a lot of information that I was willing to do a deep dive for regarding the "justice" system of Nazi Germany (I do not want to end up on a list, thank you very much lol), so for now I have him as a judge of the so-called People's Court, which was a parallel court of the Nazi regime - they basically handled all of the political cases. If you would rather I try to switch to the more "legalistic" side of things, I can certainly try to do more research into the topic to make the experience more immersive.

PLAYER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:

"I was born on March 18th, 1926, so I just turned 35 a few months ago. Look, between you and me, growing up as a teenager is hard enough as it is. Try doing that in the midst of a fucking war. I thought puberty was gonna be the biggest pain in the ass I'd have to deal with. Christ, was I wrong."

Sex:

Sexual Orientation:

Ethnicity:

Appearance:

Residence:

"Through an inane amount of 'good fortune', I am one of the presiding judges of the Amerikanisches Reich Volksgerichtshof, the 'People's Court' that the Fuhrer was so fond of in the earlier days of his regime and that has been maintained and groomed since the end of the war. And my unpaid gig is passing along information to the Resistance. But we don't need to report that to the revenue department, do we? Would I like to be the Reichsminister of Justice some day? I mean, maybe, if it would help the resistance, but I don't think Rockwell or Berlin would elevate me to that position, and I don't know if I'd be able to avoid that level of scrutiny into my private life. It's hard enough as it is when you're basically a judge of an incredibly politicized judicial body."

Family:

Religion:

Greatest fear?

Most intimate ambition?

Loyalty?
"I am loyal to America."

Three defining traits:

Personality:

BIOGRAPHY
"As I said, I was born in Wilmington, Delaware, in 1926. I had a sister who was 5 years older than me, my dad worked insurance, my mom was a typical housewife. My life wasn't that interesting until the war started to come to our shores. My dad was drafted to defend our shores, he actually got sent to Washington with a division of the Delaware National Guard. I was a junior in college when the bomb dropped. I haven't seen my dad since, so I imagine he died there. My mom...she wasn't the same after that. She couldn't raise my sister and I in this new world. She took her own life two years later - I'm actually amazed she held on for that long, but my mom tried to be strong for us. My sister and I remained close, even though I was in Philadelphia and she was in Wilmington. It was crazy, I had started at Temple for a pre-law degree, Criminal Justice, and then by the time I graduated, I had to complete that bachelor degree as a "Reich Justice" degree. I got high marks cause I knew what those fuckers wanted to hear. But there's not a lot of opportunities for us if we don't visibly toe the line. I basically worked up the academic ladder: got a Bachelor of Arts in Reich Justice at Temple University, in Philadelphia (was there when they took down the Liberty Bell...it's much smaller than people made it out to be), then I went to Yale for law school. It was during that time that two things happened to me: during my first year of law school, my sister ran away from the Reich, presumably to the Neutral Zone, unintentionally putting me in a compromising position; and then I met the son of our Reichsminister of Justice, Fred, and we became friends. I hadn't made contact with the resistance by that point, so it was a genuine friendship...one of the few genuine connections I've had. Look, I'm sure if someone reads this they'll think I was some traitor, but as you will discover, not all life revolved solely around the resistance or the Reich, you have to carve a little something for yourself in order to stay sane. And Christ, it was law school for crying out loud.

"Oh, my sister? Yeah, the Gestapo interviewed me, asking if I had known her plans to flee and all that. Truth be told, I didn't. I guess she was afraid that I'd spill the beans or wanted me to know as little as possible so as to not get in trouble with the authorities. Got some stink eye from the more established types. It was then I met Fred, and I guess he was picking up folks that would piss off daddy to be his friend, so someone with the Gestapo breathing down your neck fits the ticket. Before Fred had to go through military training, he was a totally different person, I'll tell you that much. But anyway, he got his old man to cover for me. I got my JD, and Fred wanted me in New York with him after we graduated, so he got me a job in the Reichsministry when I was 25, in 1951.

"It was actually a few months later that I got into contact with some resistance types. I can't go into the how, that'd be telling. But I managed to feed them some information that I guess helped out one of their cells avoid arrest. CONTROL? Never met them. Shit, I never met an Oracle, either. I'm not deep in the resistance, I'm just glad to be doing my part. Anyway, two years later, Fred is a totally different guy after his dad had sent him to the Army for some tough love, and I guess he took enough of a liking to me to make me one of his personal aides. That, or he wanted to keep an eye on me after his son pulled the strings for my employment. Or maybe he's a queer like I am...don't tell anyone else I made that joke, or I'll cut your throat. Fred and I, meanwhile, are still 'friends', but the kind of friend that is distant. Like a friend from college who you say 'Oh we should catch up!' and then never do. So anyway, I'm helping the Reichsminister out, and apparently I'm doing a good enough job that he wants to make me a judge in the People's Court in 1957. Sounds democratic, doesn't it? It's not. You have your actual criminal courts, and then you have the People's Court, which is where all of the political cases, all of the treason cases, and all of the 'undesirable' cases end up. It's stressful and it is as horrid as you could think. The Germans don't like how we drink, and I don't want to have loose lips anyway, so I can't turn to drugs or the bottle, but I've been a judge now for four years, and I don't know how much more of it I can take. Some day, I'm worried that I'm gonna slip up. Maybe I will. Maybe that day is tomorrow. But until that day comes, or until Lady fucking Liberty bashes down the doors of the Reichsministry with a Tommy gun in hand, I'll do what I can."
Last edited by Yaruqo on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - Twilight’s Last Gleaming

Слава Україні!
Glory to Ukraine!

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:54 pm

Oh nuts... I’m falling behind again...
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Ugokarinsky
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 31, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ugokarinsky » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Preferred NS Name: Ugokarinsky

Roleplay Sample: I have not roleplayed in a while, (and never once on NS) and do not have an example on hand, but can write you one if needed.

Have you read the OP in its entirety? Yes.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Ludwig von Wolf “To you, it is Herr Wolf.” He is also nicknamed ‘Der Wolf’

Sex: Male “Wirklich? Do I need to answer this?”

Sexual Orientation: Honestly, this is not something on von Wolf’s mind... But I will tell you he isn’t attracted to women. “Äh... das geht dich nichts an.”

Ethnicity: Pure Aryan “German, natürlich. I couldn’t think of being anything else.”

Appearance: Ludwig is a very youthful, handsome looking fellow. This is very good to use for his own manipulation. Women tend to find him attractive. The only downfall of his keen eye is that he is generally oblivious to anyone’s attempts at flirting with him. And if he does notice, he acts oblivious. Following the ‘stereotypical’ German appearance with shortly cut thick blonde-hair (which is sometimes unruly), and brightly clever blue eyes. He has a rectangular face, adding to his height at 6”1, he has a tan undertone. He has very rosy lips, a straight and pointed nose, and he is overall well built with wide shoulders while remaining more on the thin side. His posture is good, and his face is littered with freckles, mostly on his shoulders and light ones on his face. He is stronger than he looks. He does not like these freckles, and blames them on the sun, seeing as it is considered a defect, so he is self-conscious of them. Has dimples, but you will never see them because Ludwig rarely smiles, unless to charm someone, or it is necessary to be polite. He wears different clothes depending on the occasion, but almost always it is dark or neutral colors.

(I had a picture, but getting it on here has been bloody difficult.)

Residence: New York (currently) “Ah, Berlin is my real home. Aber Ich muss hier bleiben- in New York for now.”

Family: Ludwig has no current wife and has never been married. His mother is dead. His father’s current location and occupation are unknown to him, because as soon as he got the chance to, he left his old man. He is practically all alone, because any other family like aunts, uncles, and grandparents all lived farther away from him, most dead by now..

Religion: Ludwig does not necessarily believe there is a God, or that there isn’t one. He has more of a logical and scientific mind, but he did practice some Christian beliefs as he was forced to go to a church growing up (very young stages). If you were to ask him, he would say he belongs to the Reich Church, but he wouldn’t be telling you the truth.

Greatest fear? Ludwig’s greatest fear would have to be the fall of the Reich. While he is slightly unsure if the Reich’s beliefs are completely right, if it were to fall, he wouldn’t know what would come next. He is terrified of a different life, because he cannot imagine any other life.
Also, his irrational phobia is Claustrophobia, or the fear of enclosed/tight spaces. This phobia stemmed from late childhood because of the air raid shelters and bombings along with a natural hate for dark, small rooms.

Most intimate ambition? Ludwig wants to eventually become something even greater and contribute to or do something important for the Reich. He knows he’s serving the Führer, but he wants to do more. Specifically holding a rank of much higher power, where he can do more. Right now, he feels guilty for even slightly questioning the Nazi ideology, and he wants more than anything to do something that he hopes will reinstall his faith in it.

Loyalty? As of the moment, Ludwig’s loyalties remain with the Reich. While living in the American Reich has started to make him question the ideology, he is still an avid force who strives to work for the Führer. At this point in time, he would never dare to go against the Führer. (Hopefully that will change in the future)

Three defining traits: His compelling charm, his cruel nature, and his self-sacrifice (to the Reich).

Personality: Ludwig speaks using ‘Denglish’ a lot, or a mix of German and English in common conversation. He uses professional, full english when talking business however (at least the best he can). Being directly from Germany, he has learned some English, but is nowhere near the state to be able to speak at a native level. He knows enough to understand someone, but sometimes has trouble himself with words and grammar. Another fact, he is also ambidextrous, but seldom ever uses his left hand. Ludwig is an introvert by nature. If I were to deem him a personality type, he’d be an INTJ. He is extremely reserved and will strictly keep the questions to you, he rarely ever talks about himself. Although his quiet nature, his presence is noticeable and he is incredibly charming although it seems as if he makes no effort to be. He is cautious with a very high pain tolerance, and he can be persuasive, deceptive, clever. He has the ‘eyes of hawk’, and can catch the littlest of details. Of course, this sneaky, highly manipulative element of his personality has been instilled by excessive training as a spy, knowing how to spot a lair with somewhat ease and evaluate individuals at every chance given. He is also a very skilled musician, but would not play in front of anyone in the world. He believes his musical talents make him seem weaker as a man. He has seen a lot of death has kind of developed an apathetic outlook on life. He is conflicted in many ways as you can probably gather from all of this. Also, he’s a workaholic. Absolute workaholic. He has very few close friends in Germany, and practically none in America. But, he does know people in very high places, who would trust his word. He’s met all the greats, even the Führer. He does seem more feminine than most men. He doesn’t really like Americans at all. He has some sociopathic traits, which if you know those traits then you would have probably already come to that conclusion as well. In a more laid back environment, if you are close to Ludwig, he can be very interesting to be around. He has meaningful conversations and is witty, with a dry humor. He is also sarcastic. It is very hard to befriend him, he has high expectations when looking for a friend. Ludwig will find himself admiring men’s appearances, without even realizing that it’s not just admiration for good looks but an attraction as well.

BIOGRAPHY
Having been born in Germany on February 8th, 1930, he grew up as a child with the original indoctrination and propaganda of the Nazis, so that is all he has ever known and believed. Ludwig was an only child with his father who worked in a factory and his mother who would stay at home. In his earliest years, he rarely knew his father because he was worked to the bone, and his mother always seemed to be worried about the unemployment of his father. (She worked as a maid.) When the NSDAP emerged and started to gain power, Ludwig’s father was enthusiastic and supported the group. Ludwig’s mother was slightly more unsure, but kept an open mind. Ludwig’s mother loved music, and owned an old piano that she would try to teach young Ludwig on. The small family was basically dirt poor, so Ludwig’s parents never had anymore children. They had a house, but rarely enough food to fill them all up. Like many others in those early years of the Nazi’s rise, Ludwig’s parents overlooked the extreme claims made by the NSDAP and only saw the little good in the Nazi’s plans.

Later, Ludwig joined the Hitler Youth. It was hard-wired into his brain that his life belongs to the Führer at a very young age. His parents did not exactly agree with everything the Nazi ideology believed, but complied for fear of what might happen. They didn’t dare tell Ludwig to believe otherwise either. He has had mild military training, thanks to the Hitler Youth.

Then, in 1942, Ludwig’s mother died from pneumonia. Even after that, he continued to play around with the old piano. But from that point on, his father worked even harder than before and became an even more distant man. A man that Ludwig just shared a house with, not a father he shared a home with. The two rarely interacted aside from the rare and silent dinners when Ludwig’s father was actually home. When they did interact, it always ended in a fight. His father was broken. Ludwig wanted to work harder in the Hitler Youth (that was the only thing he really could do at that time) to prove that he was worth something to his father. This only drove his determination and loyalty to the Hitler Youth. In the Youth, he had friends. In the Youth, he had a purpose and a cause. He was serving his Führer, just like he was meant to. So, his only real friends in life were the boys in the Hitler Youth, and he cherishes these times with them greatly. (Having no other affection in his life, he has a deep attachment to his friends in the Hitler Youth that might have helped influence homosexuality.) A very close friend of his from childhood was a lad named Rolfe. Rolfe and Ludwig’s friendship went beyond the average male friendship. The two were drawn to each other, though neither could tell why- Rolfe ended up going to war, and dying, leaving a very negative impact on Ludwig. He has never cared much for any female’s appearances or female friendships. Ludwig’s father never cared for what Ludwig did, and would even insult the Hitler Youth and verbally abuse Ludwig. Ludwig only held back from telling someone that his father was insulting the Youth because he truly believed his father was just confused. After this, Ludwig stopped trying to reconnect with his father. Then Ludwig was enlisted in a special training academy (near the end of his school years, he had proved to be the a model of the future generations the Nazis wanted) Ludwig became one of the top boys in the Hitler Youth, and eventually he had caught the attention of higher ranking officials.

After this training, Ludwig had eventually proven himself to be the perfect example of what a perfect Aryan was, and became a member of the SS for a while. He had sworn to follow Hitler till death. “Meine Ehre heißt Treue” He has killed many people before, and has been one of the head guards of a concentration camp for a brief time. At his time in the concentration camp, many captives were American. Ludwig was interested in these conversations, and it occurred to him that if he spoke English he could communicate with them. He wanted to do this because he hoped to maybe pry some intel out of them. Yes, there were translators at the camps sometimes, but it would be easier if he could interrogate them himself, and he hoped to contribute something valuable like information on the American enemies to help the German army. He knew he would be more efficient. This was for the Führer. Ludwig had learned previously in his primary school years a little English, but mostly Latin. He began to relearning basic English and was surprised at how many similarities the two languages had. Just like the Hitler Youth, Ludwig was a bright individual in the SS who caught the attention of those ranking above him. Throughout the course of the entire war, Ludwig had never faced any combat himself, but had been close to it many times.

Fast forward to the take over of North America and the establishment of the American Reich. Ludwig gets taken in one day to meet with a large group of high ranking officals, and someone of another higher ranking position recommends him for the ‘new job’ the top officials are speaking of. The talk is of a new job to watch other the rebellious Americans to make sure everything is going as it should. Surprisingly, not many Germans knew English by this point. Then again, why would the Germans bother themselves learning a language that is practically useless to them? German was the popular choice of foreign language now. Ludwig knew some English, and the officials knew this information. He was young and incredibly dedicated to the cause, just what the officials were looking for. Ludwig had been working hard to climb his way up, and he had proved that ever since he was a young boy. The officials told him to continue learning the English language, and provided him with the details of his new job. He was to become the German Ambassador, and Ludwig couldn’t have had a prouder moment in all his life. After the long preparations and specialized training, Ludwig was shipped off to America where he is now currently living.

While living in New York, he has been exposed to many other ideas. America, even under Nazi oppression for a few years, still has some major unruly and defiant individuals. He listens to their ideas and beliefs as they talk about the flaws of the Nazi ideology, then he turns them into the SS... Yet he still takes all these ideas in, and despite everything he has been taught, he is starting to realize that race does not really matter at all, specifically that it does not change your capabilities for doing something. There is still a strong sense inside of him that says that these people are wrong, but he can’t help but question a little bit. He is suffering through some major confusion, almost as if a follower of Christianity is questioning their faith in God. He expects that it is just something he is going through, and hopes he will ‘come to his senses’. An internal struggle of his is that if there is no Reich, what will his purpose been, and what will his whole life had been for? He wants to believe that the Nazi’s are right in everything. (Though, quite obviously, they were not.)

(If deciding to make him realize that he is homosexual, this would further confuse him and make him the question the ideology because he would first probably be ‘disgusted’ with himself, and then confused. Ludwig thought that this was wrong, but once he finds out he is homosexual and that there is nothing wrong with him at all, he is utterly confused at why he has been taught this all his life. Since he is mid-thirties, there would have to be an important event to trigger this realization-, maybe he meets someone or something, I’m still thinking on it.
If no, then he will probably still question it but be more likely to it shake off and continue his work with an iron fist.)

Other striving factors leading to sympathy to the resistance and questioning of the Nazi ideology. While in America, music-loving Ludwig gets introduced to the last remaining bits of the old free American lifestyle. The jazz music in particular he grows very fond of, even though it is deemed ‘un-german’. Other American things like art and movies that he has had the ability to see while in America is impactful as well. (although I’m assuming they have already banned and destroyed (or are in the process of banning and destroying) most books, art, music, and other dangers that might promote free-thinking or promote different and opposing ideas to the Nazis’)
Resistance has been much more common in America than ever seen by Ludwig in his life in Germany (the youth was never exposed much to opposers of the ideology during Ludwig’s childhood, and everyone who did oppose immediately ‘disappeared’. His time as an SS officer he saw little opposition because at the time most all of the opposers had been suppressed and all who did oppose feared the consequences and kept silent, although he still dealt with some people in some very horrid ways) so he has never seen much reason to question the beliefs until others really started to speak against it. Of course, others telling him what he believes is not going to help. In fact, it only will drive him to be even more hateful.
He has also noticed the amount of empathy and passion the resisting Americans have for each other and their ‘freedom’, something the Nazis did not show him- they taught him to be a loyal pawn without the ability to think for himself, ready to give his life at any time for the Führer. He never had a choice. I would think Ludwig would need someone to help him realize his faults, but I’m not saying this would be a walk in the park, at all. Or that it would even work.. But It’s an idea I’d like to play around with. A big help would be to have an interaction with someone who he ‘hates’ (i.e. anyone the ideology doesn’t support) and is shown that they are human and can have meaningful conversations, just like anyone else. People who believe these types of horrendous ideologies often see destroying the problem as fixing the problem. Someone could make him see otherwise. Ludwig can’t really understand at this point why everyone doesn’t agree with him.

Здравствуйте, applying for the German Ambassador here.
Please, any don’t be shy with criticism, I would love to get this character really well developed and work out any errors. This is still kind of a WIP... Any and all questions or ideas are welcome! I haven’t made a character like this before, so it’s all a new experience for me. I’m excited for this RP-

Oh, and I am just going to very clearly state that I, in no way, support anything the Nazis did or believed. I am not here to romanticize them or show sympathy.
》Federation of Ugokarinsky《
with the extreme communist and fascist regimes that once held power in the country.

Just making a nation for fun. I'm opened-minded and love to see things from others opinions. I also love a good (respectful) debate! I'm not sharp when it comes to politics but I'd like to learn more.
n o t s o v i e t u n i o n tyvm ☞
★ The Daily Star ★ -

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:28 am

I’m thinking, my character could be a sort of introductory character for Reich characters, at least the military ones. For instance as the Official Liaison from the OKW to the North American Reichsführer, Weissmann has the authority to summon any officer of any rank in the Amerikan Heer and any officer junior to him in the Wehrmacht. So if your character happens to be a military officer newly arrived to the Reichshauptstadt (New York) and your wanting for an introduction, just telegram me and we can do one of your character reporting in at the Consular Office of the Greater Reich Embassy
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:28 pm

Hey everyone, I am unfortunately going to withdraw from this RP. Reason for that is partially personal: I am engaged in politics in real life, and I have found myself struggling mentally with the rise of fascism. Therefore, writing about an alternate fascist United States, especially with the characters I have chosen, is not particularly healthy. Both characters are some degree of fascist.

Good luck with the rest of the RP, and I hope to be returning once I feel a bit better about everything mentally.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Hey everyone, I am unfortunately going to withdraw from this RP. Reason for that is partially personal: I am engaged in politics in real life, and I have found myself struggling mentally with the rise of fascism. Therefore, writing about an alternate fascist United States, especially with the characters I have chosen, is not particularly healthy. Both characters are some degree of fascist.

Good luck with the rest of the RP, and I hope to be returning once I feel a bit better about everything mentally.

Aight man take care

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Howdy everyone, I'm sorry about my continued inactivity. The days have been trying and I find it very hard to muster the energy, both physical and creative, to write. I will post in the IC as soon as I can.
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Hey everyone, I am unfortunately going to withdraw from this RP. Reason for that is partially personal: I am engaged in politics in real life, and I have found myself struggling mentally with the rise of fascism. Therefore, writing about an alternate fascist United States, especially with the characters I have chosen, is not particularly healthy. Both characters are some degree of fascist.

That's very understandable! I wish you the best.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:20 pm

Khasinkonia which one of us are you talking to? There are several men at the gala rn

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:20 pm

It was to me. Got my post up now, hopefully should give this some much-needed life!

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:30 am

I made an announcement in the Discord server, but may as well emphasize it here:

If any of you are interested in an administrative position, please DM me. It's become clear to me that I can't devote the amount of time and energy to this RP that it deserves, and so I'd be glad to have someone to review applications and help maintain activity, if indeed people are interested in perpetuating the RP.

I would feel most comfortable delegating responsibilities to someone with whom I've worked in the past, know, and trust, but I don't expect a glut of applicants and therefore am not in a position to be picky. Overall, I just want someone with free time and motivation.

Thank you all for your patience.

The Wanderer

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:03 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:I made an announcement in the Discord server, but may as well emphasize it here:

If any of you are interested in an administrative position, please DM me. It's become clear to me that I can't devote the amount of time and energy to this RP that it deserves, and so I'd be glad to have someone to review applications and help maintain activity, if indeed people are interested in perpetuating the RP.

I would feel most comfortable delegating responsibilities to someone with whom I've worked in the past, know, and trust, but I don't expect a glut of applicants and therefore am not in a position to be picky. Overall, I just want someone with free time and motivation.

Thank you all for your patience.

I gave it a bit to respond but I can co-op if you need

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:02 pm

Unfortunately, I've decided to officially close this RP. I simply cannot in good conscience perpetuate the illusion that it will see a resurgence in activity, even under the stewardship of a new administrator.

I think it hardly need be explained why; I simply do not have the motivation to continue. Moreover, a number of other players who were critical to the world-building and plot of Shadow of the Reich have gone inactive, and even if a suitable replacement for myself was found, it would be nigh impossible to continue without them.

Those of you who were hoping for this RP to continue have my sincere apologies. I am just as disappointed as you are, though I will shoulder the blame for this one. Still, I hope that, on the whole, you have been able to glean some fun, enjoyment, ideas, or writing skill from this experience, and that you won't judge me too harshly.

Until I spot you on the forums again,

Nova Capile

The Wanderer

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse