NATION

PASSWORD

Rainbow Six: Swordbreaker (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Rainbow Six: Swordbreaker (OOC/OPEN)

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:42 am

RAINBOW SIX: SWORDBREAKER
IC thread

In 2015, a large quantity of mustard gas and sarin precursor chemicals were captured by unknown gunmen in Libya. These chemical weapons fell off the radar until 2023. In this year, a string of terror attacks around the world were carried out with chemical weapons. First in Syria. The Syrian government of Bashar Al Assad finally claimed victory in the Syrian Civil War. At a victory parade in Damascus, several IEDs containing mustard gas were detonated. An opposition holdout group claimed responsibility. Next in Azerbaijan. Sarin gas was spread in a shopping mall in Baku. An Armenian ultranationalist organization claimed responsibility, and threatened further attacks. Shortly after this, Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine fired artillery shells containing sarin gas at a Ukrainian position. In France, gunmen attacked a nightclub in Paris, and detonated IEDs containing mustard gas when the GIGN responded. Most recently, a small amount of mustard gas was seized by Canadian officials in Vancouver, before it could reach its recipient and be used in an attack. Canadian authorities have yet to determine its origin. However, most of the world's intelligence agencies were of the belief all of these chemical weapons originated from the weapons captured in Libya all those years ago.

In response, the multinational special operations task force Rainbow, consisting of some of the world's best special operators, was activated. Under the codename of Operation Swordbreaker, Rainbow is to track down and destroy any remaining chemical weapons from the stolen Libyan stockpile before more attacks can be carried out using these weapons. You will take on the role of one of these elite operators and embark on a mission around the world, in a race against time to stop more terrorist actions with chemical weapons.

OP's word is final and law. If a co-OP is designated, their word shall also be final and law.
No godmodding,metagming, etc.
I'm not going to enforce a minimum post length, all I ask is you make decent posts and don't spam one liners.
Keep drama and arguments out of the OOC thread.
While I'm not going to enforce this so strictly to the point of ruining your fun, I do expect a certain level of IC realism. You're a highly trained special operator but you're not John Wick who can take on multiple enemies by himself and continue to fight after being punched, shot and stabbed multiple times. I'll leave it at that.

Character application:
Code: Select all
[floatright][img]photo%20goes%20here[/img][/floatright]Name:
Nationality:
Specialization:
Previous experience:
Equipment:
Bio:
Last edited by Dayganistan on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:42 am

THE TEAM

ImageTahmina Azadi - CSOR -Team Lead/Combat Engineer
ImageJohannes Mueller - KSK - Pointman
ImageYuri Novikov - Alfa Group - Sniper
ImageBihari Thakurta - Para SF - Explosives and Demolitions
ImageCharlotte Tiedemann - KSM - Assaulter
ImageJohnathan McBryde - 75th Ranger Regiment - Demolitions, EOD, Breaching.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:44 am

And finally, the app for the OP's character. You may begin posting.

Name: Tahmina Azadi
Nationality: Canadian
Specialization: Team Leader/Combat Engineering
Previous military/law enforcement experience: 1 Combat Engineer Regiment (2013-2016), Canadian Special Operations Regiment (2016-2020), Rainbow (2020-present)
Weapons: C8 IUR, Sig Sauer P226, HK69 grenade launcher
Bio: Tahmina was born to Iranian immigrants in Calgary, Alberta. The youngest of three children and the first to be born in Canada. There was nothing particularly abnormal about her early life. Her family did place pressure on her to find a good career, however. By the time Tahmina entered high school, her older brother had started medical school. Her parents wanted the same success for their youngest daughter. Tahmina decided she would study engineering at university, and afterwards would enlist in the army as a combat engineer officer both as a way to get work experience, and as a way to give back to the country that allowed her family opportunities they would have never had otherwise.

Tahmina expected a short military career. However, with the rise of the Islamic State, Canada was ramping up military operations in the Middle East yet again, primarily focusing on special forces. It was around this time she was approached by the Canadian Special Operations Regiment. They were looking all through the Canadian military for files on soldiers of Middle Eastern descent, and happened upon Tahmina's file. She wasn't an Arabic speaker, but she would still be more familiar with the customs and cultures of Islamic nations than the average CSOR operator: a white Canadian man. To boot, she was an officer and a combat engineer. They offered her a fast track to promotion to captain, as well as better pay, but Tahmina did not want to immediately accept their offer. In the end, she ultimately accepted at the urging of her commanding officers, and, to her surprise, her family. Tahmina went on to serve with CSOR, primarily in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan, until 2020 when the Canadian military chose to rotate her into Rainbow alongside several other operatives from CSOR and JTF2. Having spent three years thus far with Rainbow, and having shown promise with field leadership, she has been assigned to command the team carrying out Operation Swordbreaker.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:59 am

Name: Johannes Mueller
Nationality: German
Specialization: Pointman
Previous experience: Bundeswehr Mechanized Infantry Division (2008-2012), KSK 3rd Commando Company (2018-2020), Rainbow (2020-present)
Equipment: x1 H&K G36C assault rifle with EXPS2-0 holographic sight, Sightmark LoPro Designator lazer sight, angled foregrip, foldable stock. H&K P12 with Trijicon RMR Type 2 holographic sight and a Crimson Trace Lasergrips Series laser sight, carries either fragmentation or flashbang grenades, or a mix of both, as well as a combat knife.
Bio: Born in Berlin, Germany to a family with a long military tradition, Johannes was more than willing to carry on that tradition from as far back as WW2. Not having the financial ability to attend a Military academy and become an officer, Johannes was forced to enlist, where he ended up performing exceptionally well in training. He deployed to Afghanistan in 2007. In Afghanistan he distinguished himself as someone who could keep a cool head and function well under pressure. When his term of service was coming to an end, Johannes decided to attempt to join the KSK. He entered the training program and for the next 6 years was trained to be a KSK operator. He handled the training well and passed with good, but not exceptional, marks. He served in the KSK for the next 2 years, and being a competent operator, was selected to be sent to the newly formed "Rainbow" Multi-national SOF group.
Last edited by Bolslania on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Bolslania wrote:-snip-

Should have been more clear on the "specialization" field. It's meant to more imply what role in the team you're expecting to fill. Ideally, every character would probably be highly trained in urban warfare and CQB. Since I think I might understand what you're going for I would switch the specialization to breacher or pointman. Swap that up and you're good to go.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Dayganistan wrote:
Bolslania wrote:-snip-

Should have been more clear on the "specialization" field. It's meant to more imply what role in the team you're expecting to fill. Ideally, every character would probably be highly trained in urban warfare and CQB. Since I think I might understand what you're going for I would switch the specialization to breacher or pointman. Swap that up and you're good to go.

Okie dokie

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:28 pm

It is time for a bump.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:31 pm

Dayganistan wrote:It is time for a bump.

I do believe it is

Ela Bosak
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ela Bosak » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:05 am

Name: Elżbieta “Ela” Bosak
Age: 31 (Born on November 19th, 1989 in Wroclaw, Poland)
Nationality: Polish
Specialization: Defence of High-Value targets
Previous experience: Private Security Companies in Berlin (2009), Education at Military Academy in Berlin (2010-11), PMC in various locations (2012-14), Iraq (Baghdad, 2015-17), GROM (2018-present), Rainbow (2020-present)
Equipment: Skorpion EVO 3 A1 with AimPoint Pro Red Dot Sight, angled foregrip, AN/PEQ 15 laser/IR box, suppressor/muzzle brake (depending on circumstances), foldable stock
GLOCK 19 with Eotech MRDS sight, Viridian X5L laser and flashlight, extended magazines (17 round), threaded barrel with muzzle brake/suppressor (depending on circumstances)
Grzmot mines, flashbangs and frag grenades
Bio: Elżbieta Bosak was born in Wrocław, Poland. She is the youngest daughter of Jacob Bosak, former commander of the Polish Special Forces unit GROM. She is also the younger sister of Zofia Bosak. Growing up, her father favored Zofia, causing a rift between them. Despite this, Zofia was highly protective of her sister.

Ela's grandfather played a significant role in her life. He would often share stories with her about his time as a Cichociemni of the exiled Polish Army during World War II and how he had endured a three-month-long siege of Breslau. He nurtured her defiant spirit and taught her that “higher damage is done by striking a supply chain than by neutralizing a man.” This defiant personality caused Ela to initially struggle to commit to the strict military lifestyle.

Ela attended her father's military school along with her sister but often experienced several difficulties. She was bullied constantly due to the special attention she received as the GROM Commander's daughter. An incident six months before her graduation resulted in her expulsion. She had a short-lived transition in another academy, before her lack of attendance caused her to be transferred to a small local high school.

After graduation, she left Poland behind and set out for Berlin to experience life on her own terms. There she studied Fine Arts, but her interest started to fade as the appeal of her old life slowly caught up with her. Her reputation for using military paraphernalia in her art attracted the owner of a small private security company, who offered her a job. Craving the adventure and financial independence, Ela accepted, hoping that her role as contractor would differ from the simplistic compliance she experienced at the military academy.

Working as a PMC, she was valued in the private sector for her expertise in survivalist tactics and unique adaptive style during protective detail and intelligence gather. Ela gained a reputation on the field during her first years of deployment in Iraq. Known to possess an impressive range of abilities, her attitude was the only obstacle standing in her way, with her employers watching her always.

She we recruited in 2020 by Rainbow after her battlefield abilities came upon them, as noted in her recruitment folder:
Elżbieta Bosak is of high interest to Rainbow, she shows exceptional battlefield abilities in that of tactically thinking ahead of the enemy, as well as defence of high-value targets or locations, with her Grzmot mines, she can effectively hunker down a position and keep it safe as possible in a kill or die situation.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:01 am

Yeah I'd rather we don't full on copy existing characters from the games.

Penguinya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinya » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:38 am

Dayganistan wrote:Yeah I'd rather we don't full on copy existing characters from the games.

Main nation here, sorry but I’m just uncreative.
I can withdraw my application if you want. I probably should.
Last edited by Penguinya on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
I use NS stats because the Pacific has a guidebook.
I’m Penguinya, a nation which is themed off of penguins, but we have humans too and aims to build a big military. It's just hard to answer issues correctly sometimes...

Hey, I'm Penguinya, a dude residing in Canuckland. Penguinya mostly doesn’t represent my RL views.

Purusapura
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

?¿

Postby Purusapura » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:00 am

Last edited by Purusapura on Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:52 am

Purusapura wrote:-snip-

Just gonna start nitpicking this already:

"Stealth operations" is once again something any SOF soldier should be capable of. I'm going to change this section to "role" instead of specialization so it makes more sense what I'm looking for people to put here.

"Spetsnaz" is not a single unit, it's the generic Russian word for any sort of special forces. For example in Russian news, if for some reason they're talking about American spec ops, they will refer to them as "American spetsnaz." My advice to help you out here, Alfa Group is the most elite Russian special forces unit, and they're part of the FSB rather than the Armed Forces.

Purusapura
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Dayganistan wrote:
Purusapura wrote:-snip-

Just gonna start nitpicking this already:

"Stealth operations" is once again something any SOF soldier should be capable of. I'm going to change this section to "role" instead of specialization so it makes more sense what I'm looking for people to put here.

"Spetsnaz" is not a single unit, it's the generic Russian word for any sort of special forces. For example in Russian news, if for some reason they're talking about American spec ops, they will refer to them as "American spetsnaz." My advice to help you out here, Alfa Group is the most elite Russian special forces unit, and they're part of the FSB rather than the Armed Forces.

It's a WIP
I've picked out what brigade I want my character to be in and what specialization I want
I am working on my bio for now
Last edited by Purusapura on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purusapura
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Complete

Postby Purusapura » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:20 am

he rarely shows his face Image
Name: Yuri Novikov
Nationality: Russian
Specialization: sniper
Previous experience: Russian Army (2010-2016)
Spetsnaz (2016-2021) (Alpha group, specializing in counter terrorist options)
Rainbow (2021-present)
Equipment: Dragunov SVDM, PPK-20 SMG, Lebedev pistol (MPL-1) Ratnik combat uniform
Attachments depend on the type of mission
Bio: Born in the last days of the Soviet Union, his father was a veteran of the Soviet-Afghan war Yuri lived through post-Soviet Krasnodar, a dystopian city slowly restored to prosperity under Vladimir Putin, his father was somewhat alcoholic after the Soviet-Afghan war, due to being a soldier his father in 1993 was a senior lieutenant in the Russian army having commanded a small number of troops in the Georgian civil war. The pay was good enough, Yuri went to expensive schools in Krasnodar and his family lived somewhat happily until the second Chechen war happened, his father died in a Chechen suicide attack in 2008 which made Yuri join the Russian army in 2010 but he got his first experience of combat when Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, heavy fighting against Ukrainian government forces ensued in the Donbass region, the fighting was slow and difficult in the urban areas and the advance was slow as winter was approaching, the war came to a standstill when the Minsk II protocol came into effect but that wasn't the end of fighting for Yuri as he was soon deployed into Syria where he was there for two tours (12 months) he soon decided to try join the elite Spetsnaz Alpha group, the physical training was gruesome as only 30% of soldiers in training get through the physical part, Yuri was stationed in Dagestan during the north Caucasus insurgency, Dagestan was the most heavily affected republic of Russia but in 2021 due to his special skills and experience he was chosen to be a part of the newly formed multi-national Rainbow SOF group
Last edited by Purusapura on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:36 am

Give yourself a semi automatic rifle you can swap to depending on the mission at hand and then the app is fine.

Also I don't want to cancel this RP seeing as people have expressed interest, but this just hasn't picked up the traction I hoped it would. If I can get at least two more participants I'll gladly start the IC at that point.

Purusapura
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:14 am

Dayganistan wrote:Give yourself a semi automatic rifle you can swap to depending on the mission at hand and then the app is fine.

Also I don't want to cancel this RP seeing as people have expressed interest, but this just hasn't picked up the traction I hoped it would. If I can get at least two more participants I'll gladly start the IC at that point.

Advertise this in the PTM advertisement thread

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:44 am

I think it's just time to declare this a flop. Sorry guys. Unless someone else joins in the next couple days but this did not gain any traction at all.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:51 am

Dayganistan wrote:I think it's just time to declare this a flop. Sorry guys. Unless someone else joins in the next couple days but this did not gain any traction at all.

Have some faith.

Is a character who doesn't have the best interests of the mission in mind acceptable?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:00 pm

CoraSpia wrote:Is a character who doesn't have the best interests of the mission in mind acceptable?

This is kind of crossing the line of semi-realism I'm going for. You don't exactly get into and stay in special operations without putting the needs of the team and the mission above all else. Undermining the success of the mission, whether deliberately or not, would get you shown the door.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Dayganistan wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Is a character who doesn't have the best interests of the mission in mind acceptable?

This is kind of crossing the line of semi-realism I'm going for. You don't exactly get into and stay in special operations without putting the needs of the team and the mission above all else. Undermining the success of the mission, whether deliberately or not, would get you shown the door.

Depends if you make it obvious from the start, honestly. An intel operative who is good at compromising the mission without showing that she has herself been compremised perhaps.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:14 pm

CoraSpia wrote:Depends if you make it obvious from the start, honestly. An intel operative who is good at compromising the mission without showing that she has herself been compremised perhaps.

I'd kind of rather avoid this angle to be honest.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Dayganistan wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Depends if you make it obvious from the start, honestly. An intel operative who is good at compromising the mission without showing that she has herself been compremised perhaps.

I'd kind of rather avoid this angle to be honest.

Np, I'll think of something else.

Purusapura
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:46 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Dayganistan wrote:I think it's just time to declare this a flop. Sorry guys. Unless someone else joins in the next couple days but this did not gain any traction at all.

Have some faith.

Is a character who doesn't have the best interests of the mission in mind acceptable?

As someone who wants to have a character that is willing to kill civilians for the best interests of the mission

This will be interesting

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:29 pm

Purusapura wrote:As someone who wants to have a character that is willing to kill civilians for the best interests of the mission

This will be interesting

This is another thing I'd rather we don't go there for the sake of being "badass." Believe it or not Russian special forces actively try to avoid civilian casualties these days and have come a long way since the Moscow theater hostage crisis and the Beslan siege.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse