NATION

PASSWORD

2021: A New Decade (IC:See OOC to join)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:25 am

The White House

President Cruz sat in the situation room as his military aides started explaining what had occurred in Iran. The regime in Tehran apparently had a death wish, attacking one of their few friends or at least one of the few nations in the world that did not outright hate them. Whatever their reasoning Iran had just made a massive mistake. As the presentation was ended, President Cruz nodded his head before saying "I want the State Department to reach out covertly to the Russians to start looking into any possible joint response. I will have my office issue an official statement and I will place a call to President Navalny. I am also ordering the Nimitz and her strike group into the Persian Gulf and I want all US forces in the Middle East put to FPCON CHARLIE for the time being."

Turning to his CIA Director, Cruz continued by saying "I want us to work with any assets we have in the country to get a feeling on the Iranian people's thoughts on the downing of this plan. I also want us to step up satellite surveillance of the Iranian military and key infrastructure. I have a call with the Russian President after this and then we can go from there."

Offical Statment from the Office of the President of the United States

The recent downing of a Russian Airliner by the Rouge Iranian Regime is an act of horrific terrorism against the Russian Federation, her people, and all civilized people and nations around the world. We stand solidly behind our Russian friends and strongly condemn the Iranian Regime. This act clearly shows the danger that the current Iranian Regime is a danger to everyone in the global community. In response to their actions and in solidarity with our Russian friends, new and wide-sweeping sanctions and actions will be rolled out in the coming days.

Oval Office

President Cruz sat back in his chair behind the Resolute desk as he picked up the phone and asked to be connected to the Kremlin. Waiting for the line to go through, Cruz rehearsed his points in his mind.

President Navalny cleared his throat before picking up the phone. As soon as the click that indicated a connection had been made to the White House, he pulled out a notepad and pen to take notes of the conversation. This was a bit frivolous since the whole conversation would be recorded by a special phone tap for posterity.

Hearing the click President Cruz cleared his throat and said “President Navalny I just want to start by saying that the American people stand by our Russian friends during this time. The actions perpetrated by the regime in Tehran are horrific and inexcusable. I’m offering our assistance in any way we can going forward.”

"Thank you, President Cruz. Your support in this hour of difficulty is greatly appreciated not just by me, but the Russian people." Navalny said in his clear and fairly good English to Ted Cruz before slightly changing the topic. "Iran has been emboldened to act by its nuclear weapons program. It is a program shrouded in secrecy that few foreigners even have a concrete clue about. I can most certainly say the project is active albeit on a reduced scale due to the Iran Nuclear Deal. Contrary to popular belief, Iran has not ramped up its project to the best of my knowledge and the Russian military's knowledge. China however has ramped up its nuclear arsenal's capabilities and size and also may be aiding Iran in its quest for nuclear capabilities."

“Well, that would be very concerning especially following the unhinged actions taken by Iran today. Perhaps it’s in both of our nation's interests if we work closely together to prevent an Iranian nuke or even help Tehran…. have a change of heart.” Cruz said as he shifted in his chair.

"I believe our best course of action is helping the people of Iran take matters into their own hands. I think that would be beneficial for the world." Navalny said as cautiously as he could.

“I am inclined to agree. I believe that the Iranian people are just as outraged by the regime in Tehran as anyone is. I would consider it an act of… humanity to assist them in helping their voice be…. heard. Perhaps this is an area where our nations can work hand in hand?” Cruz said as he sipped some water.

"It definitely is. The primary concern of course is China and what Xi Jinping will do." Navalny stated as he tapped his fingers silently on his desk.

“I trust that if both of us bring our…. concerns to him he will not interfere. Even if he doesn’t there is little chance he will wish to snub us both.” Crux said as he made a few notes on a notepad before him.

"If it comes to it, China could be crippled with a cyber attack, as could Iran. Though the best course of option is always covert and made to seem as natural as possible." Was Navalny's reply as he jotted down some notes.

“Of course. The Iranian people would have to be clearly seen as the source of any…. events. We could make joint contact with certain persons inside Iran to help kindle said events.” Cruz replied calmly.

"That is the intended effect. Unfortunately, going from Russia to Iran is practically impossible at the moment, and any contacts have been left behind with the severing of diplomatic relations." Remarked Navalny.

“Perhaps we could work with the Israelis. They’d have better information than either of us.” Cruz remarked.

"That most likely is the case." Navalny sighed. "But, Israel also is at odds with Russia over Syria. I hate Assad as much as the Israelis, but their strikes are less than productive in Syria. Because of that, I am reluctant to cooperate with the Israelis when they are currently going against Russian interests in the Middle East."

“I think for now everyone’s interests are more focused in Iran. Perhaps on this matter, it’s important to set aside other matters and focus on the task at hand.” Cruz said.

"Alright. I can set aside the plans made for Syria for the time being. But I should warn you President Cruz that Afghanistan is the Graveyard of Empires, and Iran will be no different. This must not devolve into what Afghanistan has become. We must strive for a coup like that of Iran in 1953." Navalny stated in a somewhat prophetic tone.

“I agree. Ideally, the only outsiders involved will be our…. assets helping make sure everything runs smoothly. However, I do believe we should have a joint contingency plan should limited intervention become necessary.” Crus replied calmly.

"Perhaps a special forces shock team?" Navalny suggested.

“I agree. We can have our respective military planners work out the exact details but I’m also thinking we should have air support plans drawn up.” Cruz added.

"Yes, it is best to leave the details to the experts." Navalny chuckled. "Mr. President it has been an honor to speak with you."

“As it was to speak with you. I do wish it was under better circumstances. Again allow me to convey my nation's prayers and sympathies.” Cruz replied.

"Once again, I thank you for the sympathy and prayers. That we may speak under better circumstances sooner rather than later." Navalny replied.

“Perhaps in person but that’s for another time. Until then Mr. President.” Cruz said, ending the conversation.

Reuters News Wire

The US State Department has announced that it supports a peaceful easing of tensions between China and Japan as well as Japan and Russia. The Secretary of State applauds India's efforts to act as a moderator and states that the US is ready and willing to assist in any way.

In other news, the US Seventh Fleet has started naval exercises in the Indo-Pacific region as part of an uptick in preparedness ordered by the newly confirmed Secretary of Defense, David M. Rodriguez.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:09 pm

North-West Myanmar, Near Indian Border

While diplomacy triumphed in New Delhi, an insurgency was building at the Eastern border. Burma had established a new government a decade ago, which quickly fallen into the Chinese sphere of influence. This extremely atheist government had, much like the Nepalese communists, severely repressed religious freedoms and the Buddhist culture of Myanmar. With discontent already high, especially among Buddhist clergy, and Myanmar’s dense jungles and hills being the perfect landscape to organize underground militias, the scene was set almost perfectly for an insurgency.

While Modi and his government focused on preparing for the hosting of the Russo-Japanese summit, Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan of the Eastern Command of the Indian Army began covert work on orders received from the executive recently. Hindu Nationalism, which naturally encompassed fierce anti communism and Buddhist nationalism, was a core tenet of Modi’s governing ideology. As such, the Indian Army turned its attention towards the volatile Eastern neighbor, one with a government that was almost a puppet of China and militantly atheist, with a discontented religious population. the Indian Army Eastern Command secretly set up supply lines in the North East of the country, reaching across the dense jungles of the Burmese border in secrecy.

What would begin on these secret supply lines would be the funding and supplying of the Buddhist paramilitary militia, the DKBA, which had already been waging an insurgency for years, but was unsuccessful due to poor arms and technology. Over these routes would go the Indian Army’s INSAS rifles, which outclassed the outdated Soviet rifles used by the group, as well as artillery equipment. The Eastern Command leadership would meet with insurgent leadership to draw plans, beginning with the waging of guerrilla warfare in Rakhine aimed at Burmese military outposts and bases in the area. The end goal was to gain popular support and overthrow the Chinese backed government in Naypidaw, but it would be a long campaign. The jungles and valleys would allow for these supply lines to operate without being seen by satellites above.
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:40 pm

Islamic Republic of Iran
January 28th, 2021
Tehran
Khatemolanbia Central Headquarters

Iran's foreign policy was linked to internal affairs, no, they were very much like conjoined twins. Any action against the world stage was to prove a political point within either the consultative assembly or as a thinly veiled threat to moderate members of the military or various factions within the Iranian government. Any time Iran wanted to "pull a north Korea" to put it mildly, they would go about, have the world be anxious with it's aggressive actions, only to then just be put off of it following the date of an election. Now the western powers surely had learned from this pattern, but the President could never underestimate the stupidity of the west.

She laughed at the various television interviews of purported Iranian 'experts', brushing off their various crackpot theories of whom controls the levers of power within the Islamic pariah state. Iran was like a very, very fucking hot north Korea with a shit ton of oil. That's how Khamenei described the country in off the cuff remarks, and President Masoumeh Ebtekar agreed with that assessment. Iran could be described as unhinged on occasion, but the country had goals and aspirations, no matter how suicidal these goals seemed to be.

Masoumeh understood that the Supreme Leader needed not only the backing of numerous religous figures and the various political patronage jobs that accompany such an office, but also to ensure popular support within Iran for the regime. If the people suddenly were denied their breads and circuses, they might start to protest, which could lead to the downfall of the Islamic Republic, an outcome dreaded in her mind. She didn't want to lose her position as President, one that she has held for seven years, one that she was able to convince Parliament to inch in a left wing position every so slightly on issues such as women's rights, with females leading some political factions within Iran and taking advantage of more liberal moments of Khameni to push for reforms and appoint women to at least low level offices within the local government.

However, there were even greater dangers just under her and khameni's noses. Several members of the military belonging to two main camps: One side was headed by Former Brigader General Mohammad Pakopur, who distrusted the influence of Khameni on twitter, but were mostly alarmed at the agressive nature taken by the government. They had bided their time and shouted "Death to America", burned the stars and stripes in protest alongside more recent union jack burnings in protest of the british government, but they wanted a fresh start. While nothing too drastic, they just wanted to explain themselves to the world stage of their actions. Even if it meant sacrificing a smidgen of national soverignty or decency, the faction would acknollege it was a small price to pay for stability. The faction still considered Isreal the "bastard son of Uncle Sam and Mother Russia", so their arguments with the russian bear were clear, despite not fully committing to possible war. Khameni seemed to be undermining their efforts, with each rant based tweet that turned into a sobbering apology, it made the country seem weak. Iran could not be seen as weak, and if the supreme leader had to go, they were willing to go through with it, though as a last resort.

The other faction had most of their anger directed soley at Khameni, despite his infaulable satus within Iran and according to the Constitution. Chaired by Zahra Mostafavi Khomeni, the last living daughter of Supreme Leader Ruollah Khomeni, their chief complaints was the Supreme Leaders' constant bitching on twitter over many things, and opposition towards the president's increasing power. They wanted Khameni to stand up to the president's 'bullying', wanting her to be dismissed from her posts and replaced with a staunch hardliner, (prefferably Zahra) one that would better be representative of the new parliamentarian supermajority of conservatives and hardliners. As for foriegn matters, the faction pushed for outright war with the western nations and to get Iran's top nuclear scientists on developing weapons of mass destruction, be they chemichal, nuclear or biological devices. They vowed to turn a potential invasion of Iran into america's next "vietnam" and wanted to dig in for a war of patriotic national defense, akin to the bloody Iran-Iraq war. A new gulf conflict with either Afghanistan or Iraq was also perused, with possible mumurings towards a holy war against the godless communists. (They failed to notice that the Soviet Union was no longer a thing, and see CSTO as the simple contiuation of the russian bear with the soviet hat).

Former Brigader General Mohammad Pakopur nervously sucked on a cigarette akin to a baby would on a pacifier. He was getting really nervous. Taking another long drag, he glanced up at the dashboard of the old surplus american humvee, curtosey of some really creative members of the taliban and more than a few bullet holes through the heads of their pursuers. His walkie talkie crackled with static, jolting the paranoid sardar into a state of enhanced readiness. Fumbling with the remote with his sweat soaked hands, he held it up to his mouth.
"Birdseed here, report."
"The worms are in the hive, nest and beaver dam."
"Beaver dam? What the fuck... Oh right. the 'beaver dam'. I got you now. Let's go smash open that hive and get some honey, over and out."
"over."
"No, I'm supposed to say over, over."
"Right, you say over, I say under over."
"No, I just say over, you shut the fuck up, over."
"Wait, so I tell you to shut the fuck up and you say over, over."
"No you fucking idiot. When you say over, you stop talking. over."
"Ah, understood now. I'm gonna go piss on a wall over."
After slapping his frontal cranium with his hand enough times to leave a visible red mark of his hand, he snagged his nearby icy lemonade and held it up to the head, cooling down his blunt brain damage from the stupidity of the coup plotters.
"Gravelkind here, the angle has left the asshole of bob."
"Who the fuck is bob?"
"I dont fucking know. Open Fire."
With a sigh, he peered through a set of binoculars to watch the fireworks. As soon as the binoculars were snugly against his eyes, a heavy thoom was faintly heard in the distance. This was followed by several bright explosions and impacts against the Parliament building, shortly sheapearded along by detonations and the accompanying soundwave into the legislative assembly. As the smoke rose, the silouette of Iranian aircraft loomed over the low cloud cover, causing slight fear to rise in the general's voice as he hastily kicked the driver awake.
"Get us the fuck out of here, those damn radicals have jets, move you dumbass!"
"Y-yes sardar!"
With a crank of the wheel and a jostle of the keys, the humvee slammed into reverse, crashing right through the thin tin walls of a nearby flower store like it was paper and driving into the owner's rearview living room, much to his chagrin.
"Fucking idiots..the goddamned airforce is backin the radicals."
The walkee-talkie soon erupted with a slew of frantic screams from forward units.
"Sardar Pakopur here."
"We're under heavy fire, we can't break through to the pa-ARGH"
Another heavy burst of semiautomatic rifle fire filled the general's ears as he listened in the humvee.
"Get us the fuck out of here, and get me on a plane to the United State-"
As the driver put the car into drive, the general then noticed what had been thrown away in the nearby dumpster.
"Fucks sakes get down!"

A large cloud of dust and explosion sent the Humvee slamming into a low level brick wall that was on the opposite side of the former flower shop. The general neglected to put on his seatbelt, sending his body slamming into the right side, the rolled up window now having a smack of blood as he slipped into unconsciousness.

House of Leadership

Supreme Leader Ali Khameni had been sound asleep just a few moments ago, dreaming of shooting uncle sam in the ass for being a dick. Now he was an eighty year old man fumbling with a colt 1911 handgun taken from storage from the days of the shah. Snugly kissing each bullet as he filled the magazine up, he inserted the bullet storage device into the butt of the gun, pulling back hard on the front part of the gun until he heard a click. His personal bodyguards, female, bodygaurds, were watching the scene, dressed in the hijab halfway, with their brown arms the only parts being visible apart from the slot in the outfit for the eyes to see from.
"Umm, Your eminence... we really need to get out of her-"
"Hold your fucking horses you loving bitch. Do I slide back the breech or push it forwards?" the old man replied, turning the pistol around and glaring down at the barrel of the gun to see if it was loaded.
"Here Mr. bullet.. here boy." He whistled like a dog at the handgun before undoing the safety and pulling the trigger and watching nothing happen.
"What the fuck?!" The supreme leader screamed, throwing the gun on the ground enough for it to go off, sending a bullet flying around the room, first smashing into the wall, then bouncing off and slicing into one of the wooden posts for his bed, imbeding itself there as Khameni wiped away some faint wooden splinters from his cheeks.
"That was fun. Let's do that again."
As the Supreme leader began to put the gun to his eyes to verify another round, a more sensible and gun safety prone member of the female guard snatched the firearm from Khameni.
"What the fuck? Give me my goddamned pistol!"
"No. You'll shoot yourself."
"I'm just trying to get the hang of it. Maybe if I went to the range I'd be a good shot!"
"No, you'd be like jesse w. haywood in the shakiest gun in the west, only with more Islamic shouting and swearing enough to get it an R rating."
"Fuck you, fine. I'm not happy about this, but can we get going?"
The pair of female bodyguards slowly nodded before one kicked down the front door to the leader's bedroom, pointing the firearm in both directions of the hallway, then motioning her arm forwards.
"It's clear! Move it!"
"Your eminence, where exactly are we going?"
"Ah, we're going to my cry shelter."
"You-your what."
"My cry shelter. Whenever the Supreme Leader gets saddened, he hides in a bunker underneath the House of Leadership in the event of some shit like this."
The female bodygaurd stopped and raised an eyebrow at this.
"You... the supreme leader...get sad?"
"Or pissed off and I want to kill something, so I just crush ants down there. I'm weird like that."
"I can clearly see that, your eminence. No offense!"
"Plenty taken, hafiz shoot this bitch."
"Wha-"
A polite introduction of a 7.62 NATO round from a modified AK-47 ended the life of one of the female guards. the one named Hafiz nodded at the Supreme Leader, who smiled from ear to ear, only glancing at the body before picking up her AK-47 assault rifle and cocking back the lever.
With that, the reduced party raced around a corner, with Khamenei wielding the assault rifle and blindly firing until he heard a click.
"Son of a bitch, Hafiz, my boom boom gun is hungry! Fucking fix this shit."
"Your eminence, you need another clip."
"What? I don't need your memes. Fuck you bitch."
"No, it's right to the left of you."
Looking down, Khamenei picked up a black curved looking thing, sticking it in his assault rifle before cocking back the action and squeezing the trigger, blasting away at two Iranian soldiers that appeared just before the elevator door. The party of three surviving bodyguards and the Supreme Leader soon rushed into the room, both guards providing covering fire from several soldiers that ran down the flights of stairs next to the elevator and opened up on the party. As the elevator door closed, the Supreme Leader was smiling from ear to ear, his outfit caked in the blood of the fallen.
"This shit is fun. We should launch coups against the government again."
Both surviving female guards shot him a 'what the fuck' look before the elevator doors opened and the Supreme Leader's cry room was revealed in all it's glory.

"This.. this is it?" The pair of women exclaimed, their eyes taking in the unimpressive sight of a cement floor, with a singular motivational office-style "hang in there" cat poster on the wall. A single dingy lightbulb complete with a flimsy looking string to turn it on and off anchored in the center of the room, providing a dim enough amount of light to reveal the faint outlook of a faded bright red sofa in the corner, with a large, 1980s style big box television, complete with an outdated VCR slammed on top, it flashing in green letters 12:00, clearly a sign he couldn't get it to work properly. On the far side of the room, there sat a fridge, illuminated by a very groovy and very outdated looking lava lamp bubbling in bright orange and red.

"Don't you have any communications, anything that can help us contact loyalist military units, outside governments? And where's the bathroom?"
"I have a bucket."
Sour milk's consistency held better compared to the subsequent look on both women's faces at the news of a... fucking bucket for your business.
"Did you run out of money in the 80's decorating it?"
"Look, we can make the best of a bad situation, let's all just relax, smoke some pot, and wait for this shit to blow over, let me just tweet out help."
With a resigned look in their eyes, both capitulated to the Supreme Leader's suggestion and got comfy on the couch, with the Supreme Leader rummaging through a bin of bootleg and Chinese knockoff vhs tapes and turning on the one rocky where they Sylvester Stallone was fighting in support of the mujahedeen.

In the interlude, he opted to steer Iranian foreign policy with a rather angry tweet.

Ali Khamenei
@SupremeLeader

TRAITORS TO IRAN! Fucking trying to OVERTHROW ME!! When I get my hands on Pakopur, his ass is going to be used as a trophy mount! Fuck 'em!#Traitors #Real Iranian Gov.

RETWEETSFAVORITE

6:14 am- 28/1/2021

Offical Statement from the "Legitimate Government of the Islamic Republic in Iran"
Secretary of the Islamic Committee of the Legacy of the Islamic Revolution Zahra Mostafavi Khomeni

At 5:25 AM in Tehran, rouge elements of the military under the guidance of misguided high ranking officials attempted to lay siege to important government infrastructure and facilities around the capital. All over Iran, at least fifteen incidents of inter-service military clashes and skirmishes with rouge factions have occurred. Understanding the outright danger and threat that these clashes cause not only to the Iranian people but to the Supreme Leader himself, a state of emergency was declared unilaterally by the Guardian Council, instructing restorationist forces to bring order to the chaotic country.

1. A national curfew has officially been declared unilaterally over the entire country. No citizen may be out and about between the hours of 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM. Law Enforcement forces have full authority to enforce such, and it is up to their best judgement if they want to use force.

2. A No-fly zone will be enforced over the entire country. Any flight will be warned clearly that it is violating the sovereign airspace of the Islamic Committee, and will be shot down following repeated noncompliance with the directive by Iranian pilots and anti-aircraft battery commanders.

3. The Committee of the Legacy of the Islamic Revolution is declared the emergency government, with the backing of the Supreme Leader at this time. Select parts of the Iranian Constitution are suspended, more details on which sections of the document to come at a later date.

4. An immediate declaration of "full mobilization" is here fore announced. Units loyal to the Legitimate government are encouraged to man their battle stations and prepare for the mother of all battles against revisionist traitors within the ranks of government, and of the government of the Russian Federation, which has provoked such actions with the illegal sanctions and cancelation of trade agreements. Please note foreign observers that this is not a declaration of war against Russia, merely a threat to possibly declare war at a future date, something totally different. Duh.

Do not be alarmed citizens, stay in your homes, stay safe (unless mobilized), and long live the Supreme Leader.
Last edited by Newne Carriebean7 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 pm

Moscow

Sergey Lavrov bumbled along the tarmac towards an awaiting Il-62M. Carrying with him a briefcase and accompanied by aids, Lavrov walked to the airstairs and then began to walk up the stairs. He entered the aircraft and then his aides followed him onto the plane. The aircraft's crew had the aircraft basically readied for flight, with the APU (auxiliary power unit) melting the ice on the cement beneath it. Engines were spooled up with their loud whine piercing the cold winter air. With the aircraft doors being closed, the stairs were rolled away. Not much later, the aircraft taxied to a runway and shortly thereafter took off and headed south-east towards Taiwan.

"What is this?" Asked Prime Minister Volkov as he picked up a letter from the UK and stared at it.

"That? I haven't seen that until now." Replied President Navalny.

"Perhaps take a look at it." Said Volkov.

"Alright," Navalny replied as he opened the letter.

"It would be interesting if we could become allies with the British." Sighed Volkov.

"That is implied by the letter." Sighed Navalny as he handed the letter to Volkov.

"Well, not really. It seems the English want to gain more information about the Japanese incident." Volkov explained.

"Ah. Well, our information is also limited. A Cold-War era radar can only do so much to track a modern stealth aircraft." Replied Navalny.

"Absolutely true." Sighed Volkov.

"We could reach out to France to deepen our relationship with them." Suggested Navalny.

"Go right ahead. it can't hurt to have France on our side." Volkov chuckled.

"Perhaps that should wait," Navalny said with concern as he read what Iran had just published.

"Oh god," Volkov said in shock and horror.

"We need to mobilize now," Navalny stated urgently.

"Yes, exactly that," Volkov remarked nearly speechless.

"Call the press," Navalny ordered. "And the Duma."

"What the hell happened here?" Asked police officer Anatoli Agapov.

"The Iranians went crazy." Sighed police officer Mikhail Popov.

"What a mess this is." Anatoli cursed as the two officers walked over to what had once been the kitchen area.

"This is at least a quarter meter of fire-damaged parts," Mikhail said before coughing from the dust and soot.

"Who the hell left a perfectly good fridge here and then let it get burnt?!" Asked Anatoli angrily.

"Obviously an Iranian." Mikhail sighed.

"This all sucks. Want to get some breakfast?" Anatoli wondered.

"Sure. Khachapuri?" Mikhail replied.

"Why not," Anatoli said as the two of them walked away from the burnt hull of the Iranian Embassy.

"Order! Order in the Duma!" Volkov said forcefully as the Duma took its seats.

"Is this about Iran?" Asked ex-president Dimitri Medvedev.

"It would be, Dimitri." Replied ex-president Grigory Yavlinsky.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Duma, merely a day ago, Iran has mobilized with the near explicit intent of starting a war against Russia. It is inherently clear Iran is by now, a rouge state. President Navalny has discussed possible courses of action with the American president regarding Iran. But, those plans are being sidelined by the current events in Iran. With the near imminent threat of war from Iran at the moment, I would like the Duma to grant president Navalny the power to declare war on Iran if necessary as well as the power to mobilize the Russian Armed Forces." Volkov spoke as the room fell silent. "This should not be a partisan or political matter. It is our duty to represent the Russian people, uphold the Russian constitution, and defend Russia and it's people. Iran at the moment poses a grave threat to not just Russia, but the world. Failure to act will doom not just Russia, but the world and will ensure a lack of regional stability that will threaten Russia for the foreseeable future. I urge you all to vote for this. Allow the president to do what must and should be done."

"Fellow member of the Duma," Medvedev said as he stood to speak. "I may not always agree with President Navalny or Prime Minister Volkov. But the betrayal of Iran when they shot down the Russian airliner full of innocent civilians shows that regardless of your political affiliation, you must agree Iran is one of the greatest threats facing humanity. As Prime Minister Volkov has said, we must act, and we must act now. I, therefore, urge everyone to vote for this proposal."

"All in favor?" Asked the prime minister as every single hand in the room was raised and the vote tally via the electronic vote system displayed a unified vote in favor of granting President Navalny emergency powers.

Astrakhan

Astrakhan, Russia's former southernmost outpost, a city on the periphery of Russian power. Long gone where those days. Now firmly seated at the periphery of European Russia, Astrakhan was still an important city in Russia. The Caspian Fleet was based here, and the city was still an important transport link to the Caspian Sea as well as the Volga river. Typically a fairly laid-back city in the Russian provinces, Astrakhan was now abuzz with activity due to the recent threats coming from Iran. Surface-to-air missiles, military aircraft, and military units had been mobilized and sent south. Most of the forces were meant to be defensive and not offensive in nature. But there were signs the Kremlin wasn't shying away from teaching Iran a season it wouldn't soon forget. 9K720 Iskander missile systems had been spotted in Dagestan and Chechnya. And movements around Russian missile bases had suggested reactivation of at least some older ballistic missiles, though without nuclear warheads being fitted to them.

And where does the Caspain Fleet fall in between all this? Armed with several modern ships capable of launching cruise missiles deep into Iran, the Caspian Fleet would be part of any major operation in the region. While Iran could boast the second-largest fleet in the region not only in size but also in capabilities, Russia could still dwarf the Iranians. With the massive network of natural and artificial waterways, Russia has, the transport of small naval vessels like corvettes and even small frigates via this network is possible. Any Iranian attack against Russia would see the transfer of the Russian riverine forces to the Caspian sea along with assets from other fleets to bolster Russian power in the area. But it is further south where the real deployment was taking place.

Russian 102nd Military Base, Armenia

In the night sky flew a squadron of Il-76s towards the distant airfield. From the cockpit, Yeveran could be seen, as could Tbilisi, and Baku. For all their geographic importance, the Caucasus where a tiny area of land, and from 10,500 meters, much of the area was visible. The aircraft descended and landed at the 102nd Military Base, Russia's outpost in the Caucasus. From the aircraft, S-400 surface-to-air missile systems along with 9K720 Iskander ballistic missiles emerged. Under the cover of night and with as little light as possible, the equipment was unloaded from the aircraft and then hidden in bunkers and reinforced storage points. Once this was all done, the aircraft readied themselves for flight and took off just as the sun rose over the Caucasus mountains and lit up the sky in beautiful reds and oranges. A very serene landscape belied the region's turmoil and bloodshed.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 am

Avignon,France

President Macron is on a tour of military bases on the French Mediterranean coast when an aide came up to him and whispered in his ears. Emmanuel smiled at the good news so he turned to his ministers,"Well the Russians are taking the Iranians seriously and began to mobilize their forces on the Caspian Sea. This proves that what the Iranian did was wrong when the Russians take our side in this spat then again they just had one of their civilian airliners get shot down by that blundering idiot Ayatollah. Iran is now acting like North Korea did when Kim Jong Il was in power and that's being a complete nuisance to the world. Now on to North Korea,Rumors are flying around the world that Kim Jong Un has fallen ill and military forces loya to his sister are now engaged with forces loyal to the current Leader of North Korea. This means people that a civil war has possibly broken out in a nuclear power. This isn't good at all if the rumors are true at all.

To All leaders of the G20
Encryption:Top Secret

To all my asteemed colleagues in the G20,I send this encrypted message because of the brewing crisis in the Persian Gulf,the ongoing disputes between France and China, China and Japan,Russia and Japan, and a possible North Korean Civil War brewing. I am asking for an emergency meeting to be held at he neutral location of Geneva, Switzerland. I ask this because the world is on the brink of war with the PRC threatening the ROC with invasion and the Iranians wanting to destroy all foreign oil tankers in the Arabian Gulf,shooting down a Russian airliner full of unarmed civilians on their way to Dubai. It is time to bring both the Iranians and the Mainland Chinese to heel.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Change in North Korea

It has been nearly several months, since North Korea' leader Kim Jong-un had been seen in public or the Korean Central News Agency had broadcasted or published anything of substantial effort - all that the Global World would hear was the same thing as always. 'Everything is fine' or 'our glorious soldiers are engaging in battlefield exercises in Region X, Y or Z'. Although, despite this explanation there had been several conflicting reports delivered by several different reporters from the KCNA. Some of them reporting on how the Supreme Leader was doing fine, was occupied, touring the nation or overseeing military affairs. All of them switching between them, he or she - leading some outside observers thinking that there might be brewing some civil discontent. Considering that there was signs, sounds and even some pictures taken from space of demolished and destroyed buildings, vehicles and soldiers of the KPA fighting against other units in similar equipment. Some of them...didn't get back up or were removed, after said 'mock' battle was over.

However, on this day in particular, a date which would go down in history - was when KCNA tuned in and looking their 'chipper' attitude as always, before things went directly to the office of the Supreme Leader. Whom wasn't Kim Jong-un, but his sister Kim Yo-jong instead. The months of silence and misdirection had come to an end, as the woman in question would soon begin speaking in the tone and mannerism common in North Korea. In this in particular, she was explaining in quite detail what had happened in the months since the disappearance of Kim Jong-un: how the 'rebel' leadership had poisoned their 'great leader and her brother', on how the man known as Kim Pyong-il was in the heart of the matter. Namely, it went into the usual communist rhetoric - describing how several military officials had agitated up their dislike on her succession, how they had attempted to put a murder as leader of their great nation and how thanks to the 'bravery and sacrifice' of their men whom remained loyal to her and her people, they had emerged victorious and how the rebels would be punished according to the law.

Although - instead of stopping there and continuing the common attitude that was 'accepted' about North Korea, she would continue on. As the woman spoke on how she would be taking over things and planning several 'reforms and changes' in the upcoming months for her people and for her nation. Instead of offering small concessions and minute differences - she started out things with a literal bombshell.

"...our nation has been robbed. It has been sucked dry. It has been betrayed by those...whom had gotten everything and gave us nothing! The policy of Songun...has ruined our way of life, our culture, our economy. The months have proven, that we can not trust completely in them to have our best interests. It's time...we end the policy of Songun. It's time for a new policy...a New Juche, a new way...that will not force us to abandon everything for someone whom will betray us in the end..."

In short detail, Kim was explaining how she planned on reducing the affairs and controls the military had over the state. Reduction in the size of their armed forces and how she planned on reforming the Korean People's Army into an organization meant to protect the people and not serve their own interest. Beyond the rhetoric, which utilized the 'military rebel elite' as the scapegoats for all of the issues, corruption and problems that had plagued North Korea - the biggest point was her promise to reduce military spending and see to it, that new hardware would be developed, bought or built and that the people would see an improvement in the lives that had been 'stolen by the military elite'.

Afterwards, she began to explain HOW such policies would work in practice - words that would completely shatter the belief that had been held about the North Koreans. As her 'New Juche' policy wished for a détente with the West - primarily with South Korea, Japan and especially the United States of America. "...it's time...we end this...conflict. While we...the people of North Korea...shall always seek to be self-reliant, continue social progress and attempt to achieve our dreams...it's better done as friends...rather than enemies with the West. As a gesture of good faith...I hereby declare...that within a week up to three weeks...ALL foreign nationals, soldiers and other members of foreign agencies...are hereby granted amnesty by my word and deed and shall be allowed to return to their homelands. For America themselves...I hereby grant them leave to come and collect their dead and lost that have remained within our care since the end of the Korean War..."

Upon speaking such words, she would continue on - how the speed and extradition would now rely upon the actions of the foreign countries, and how soon they wanted their people back - as she explained her desires to improve trade and exchange with the West while continuing their ideals of self-reliance or New Juche. Meaning that while she was willing to open up trade, tourism and travel - she was doing things in a very 'Chinese' way that ensured that control would rest with the state, but foreign investment and companies would be soon welcome inside North Korea.

All the while - she would speak directly, words that would change the situation in the world completely. As Kim Yo-jong would explain in detail - how in the interest of cooperation and ensuring world peace would seek to end the hostilities that have kept North Korea isolated from the world and thus she would seek a mutual protection and cooperation scheme...in exchange for North Korea surrendering their nuclear program. The first time, since the foundation of the government had North Korea itself offered up an olive branch to the world - instead of demanding one themselves.

"...that is all...goodwill to us all..."

To: People's Republic of China, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Encryption: Very High

In a letter designed to the Chinese Ministry - in it, the new 'Supreme Leader', Kim Yo-jong explained in detail how she desired to seek détente with the West and engage in similar policies, trade and reforms that had brought China and her people great bounty and progress. In it, she additionally asks for the aid of the PRC and their Ambassador to the United Nations to confirm their wish to de-nuclearize the North Korean state and seek a mutual protection agreement instead - that would see North Korea protected and their sovereignty unviolated through military or political affairs.

Alongside this, she dissuaded any lingering fear that North Korea 'may' seek an alliance with the West or break off the defense agreements they had established under the previous governments. As while Kim Yo-jong was willing to seek peace...she wasn't ready to 'trust' the West completely and while she was willing to de-nuclearize - she requested the aid of the Chinese government and their people to help North Korea slowly dismantle and safely remove the presence of weapon-grade nuclear material from the peninsula.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:25 am

To: PRC
Subject: Apology
Encryption: Medium
Dear President Xi Jinping, I fully apologize for the recent statement on your nation by my country's coalition government. The recent statement doesn't represent the official stance of the Czechoslovak people, as it is nothing more than a personal belief held by PM Václav Horák, who has a deep hatred for authoritarian regimes. I deeply apologize for it and wishes for our countries to remain on good terms. I swear that this will never happen again.

Sincerely, President Miloš Zeman of the Czechoslovak Federative Republic

To: Poland
Subject: Further Cooperation
Encryption: Medium
Dear Prime Minister Andrzej Duda, I will be looking forward to the extension of our diplomatic, economic and military cooperation, as well as the formation of a third side that stands between Russia and the other Western nations. I would like if we could reach out to Hungary, since we are all part of the Visegrád Group (V3) since 1991. I would also like if we could have a discussion regarding Iran and the East Asian conflict. I am looking forward to meeting you in Warsaw, but we will see when that happens, since Latvia has decided to hold dialogue and meditation between Europe and the PRC. About Croatia, while it is not part of V3, it is also considered a friend of ours in regards to the expansion of our bilateral ties.

Sincerely, Prime Minister Václav Horák of the Czechoslovak Federative Republic

To: Latvia
Subject: Dialogue
Encryption: High
Dear Prime Minister Aldis Gobzems, I have been notified that your country's foreign minister, Julija Stepanenko, has announced your country's will to seek dialogue and meditation between Europe and the PRC as opposed to diplomatic condemantion and economic sanctions. However, my government is still uncertain about the stance of the PRC, especially with the Blitzchung controversy, the protests in Hong Kong, the territorial dispute in the South China Sea and the bad treatment of Tibetans, Uyghurs and other ethnic minorities. Anyway, I am willing to tone down my stance on the PRC, as long as armed conflict is avoided and that human rights are no longer violated. It is a complicated situation where one has to choose between reputation and morality.

Sincerely, Prime Minister Václav Horák of the Czechoslovak Federative Republic
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:25 pm

January 26th, 2020. 236 Appx. Nautical Miles from Qatar, Persian Gulf

The British oil tanker S.S Persus had been traveling from Bahrain, with a home port in the Maldives, technically an independent country. A naval search and rescue team thru the use of a RBNF VT-Halmatic 160 fast patrol boat, as well as other apparatus and vessels to attempt to locate survivors. The tanker had capsized and sunk from multiple impacts to both the deck, bridge and superstructure. It had sent the full contents of the tanker into the ocean as well, which would just become another oil spill in a world where concern for its climate and environmental safety were increasingly paramount.

It didn't take long for rescue teams to identify that the tanker had been lost with all hands. Those that hadn't been killed during one of the rockets' impact with the bridge, and another to the hull, died from the third missile hit to the superstructure, are the massive fires that were only further accelerated by the oil, which at the time of the ship still being above sea-level, was a slow leak at best. The destruction of the ship had costed the Maldives nearly 70 million gallons of oil and the British company associated with it respectively around 7.7 billion dollars in revenue.

The attack had left seventeen families either widowed, or without a father/mother as well. The British government had still been hesitant to declare an official declaration of war. Instead, the government of Boris Johnson had opted for a mobilization of British naval and ground forces in the region. U.K Joint Logistics Support Base Oman had already been put on Moderate Threat Level. Actively, orders had come in for the deployment of two main task forces in the Persian Gulf, one being run by HMS Montrose and her commanding officer, and one under HMS Monmouth and her respective CO. Under the ultimate direction of the United Kingdom Maritime Component Command Commodore Gene Brinxley.

The U.K had not deployed a superior commander to the region yet, opting instead to leave it in the hands of the UKMCC for the time being. Even so, the Secretary of Defence had allocated more resources and given the green light through his office under the direction and advice of his Chiefs of Staff Committee, to mobilize additional resources from U.K waters and its home bases, and send some vessels in reserve or alongside roles. HMS Defender, a Destroyer, was already stationed in the Arabian Sea as part of counter-piracy operations. She was diverted to the Gulf, and was expected to arrive within a few days. HMS Dragon was also deployed from HMNB Portsmouth, traveling at an average rate of 18 knots, and expecting to arrive to the Gulf by mid-February at latest. Additionally, three Type 23 Frigates, HMS St. Albans, HMS Northumberland and HMS Portland were mobilized, some of which were ahead of their projected schedules, and trainings and maneuvers were cancelled. The three frigates were expected a little behind the Dragon.

------

ORBAT

United Kingdom Image | Image Iran

Task Force 326 | At least three Iranian minelaying vessels
HMS Monmouth | Unspecified quantity of Taregh class fast attack boats
HMS Montrose | MLRS Surface-to-Air Missile Systems
HMS Ledbury | Various ground forces
HMS Brocklesby |
HMS Blyth |
HMS Shoreham |

OmanImage |
RNO Al Rasikh |
RNO Sadh |
RNO Al Bushra |
RNO Al Mansoor |

BahrainImage
RBNF Al Manama

January 29, 2020. Straight of Hormuz. Unspecified Quadrant

Captain Miles Andersson aboard his ship the HMS Montrose held the binoculars close to his eyes. He adjusted the lenses to zoom closer in to what he was trying to spot. Radar had picked up the tag more than ten minutes before the ships came into view. From what the Captain could make of it, there were three Iranian vessels of maybe large speed boat size sitting around five nautical miles from their current location.

"Sir, Minesweeper Brocklesby reports multiple SONAR contacts on its advanced system. It's likely they're laying mines and that those vessels are in some sort of capacity mine layers based on what we've gotten from the ridge of Brocklesby," the Captain's Leading Hand in Communications reported.

"Alright, weapons," He called out, waiting to see the heads of the bridge crew designated to weapons to give him their unobstructed attention. "Let's make sure all of our guns are operational and ready to fire. Let's get anti-ship weaponry up to speed and Harpoon missile launchers ready with missiles in the tubes. I want all ships in the group to battle stations, let's hail Monmouth and see if we can't get her and the Bahrain vessel they contributed to come this way. As for the Omani group behind us, how far are they?"

"They're trailing us by about seven nautical miles,"

"Very good then. We don't have to get Oman involved, nor do I want it to be on my head in a briefing. Operations, let's confirm a turn of fifteen degrees starboard aiming closer to the shore, and advise the Omani battlegroup to divert at least thirty degrees port so that they can get away from whatever territorial line we are almost at. Iran deploying mines this far into the straight, though, I don't see how that's plausible or legal in any fashion. These are well known shipping lanes."

"Monmouth confirms, fifteen nautical miles due port of our current location, and they've been on a parallel trajectory for the past fourteen kilometers every step. They'll be diverting via GPS and navigating towards our location at what they expressed as twenty eight knots."

"Speaking of shipping lanes, advise the Omani to monitor for civilian craft,"

"Sir, incoming radio transmission, coming from the foreign vessel. They're on an open channel."

"Put it through, on the speakers," said the Captain.

"British filth, this is the Islamic Republic of Iran's Navy. You are breaking territorial boundaries, fuck off or you will be fired upon!"

"Sir, do be advised, the Iranian's main naval headquarters at Bandar Abbas is roughly eighty nautical miles from our location. It would be within a few hours their surface fleet could be upon us."

"We won't stand for this act of war, the damage done has been enough. Get me Rear Admiral Utley of RASS immediately." He instructed. "He's on sir," one of the comms personnel nodded to the Captain. He picked up the designated phone line in front of his chair.

"Admiral?" He paused. "Yes Admiral, we've made contact with Iranian skiffs in the middle of the Straight of Hormuz. Yes sir, they are most certainly out of their own territorial waters from what I can gather and are dropping mines from what SONAR and our observations have been able to make of it."

He waited a second, blinking while staring at all of the information being cast to the screen at his station. "Yes sir, we have weapons ready, just looking for the go,"

The Iranian vessel once again blasted over the main speaker to the bridge. "British Navy, this is your final warning. Fuck off and leave the area or be fired upon, you infidel scum!"

---

"Yes sir. Did you hear that? Yes that's the second time they've made credible threats towards us." he paused again.

"Sir," one of the nav techs stood up. "We've got an incoming bogie. Looks like it's one of those skiffs that's started to turn towards us, traveling about 44 knots It'll be upon us in less than five minutes off our bow"

"Yes sir, yes they're sending one of their skiffs at us, direct course towards the frigate,"

"Aye aye sir, we will do so," he slammed down the phone.

"Alright listen up, if that skiff comes within another nautical mile of us, I want weapons trained on it, if they aren't already," he commanded. "Aye sir."

"Let's get the minesweepers in an attack formation, continue to move starboard 15 degrees, increase our speed to 22 knots, let's get on a fast moving course, spin up the engines, instruct the Brocklesby and Shoreham to do the same."

The time seemed like it took an eternity to pass. The entire bridge and all the people on the CIC (Combat Information Center) were literally on the edge of their seats and had their headsets tightened around their ears or their eyes trained on their respective terminals, stations, and screens.

"Bogie is still approaching coming in seventy five degrees off our port quarter. Bearing 227.84 on grid coordinates 45.6 X by 62 and a quarter Y, velocity of forty-one knots, it's within the three mile nautical mile mark for us."

At that exact moment, the shots rang out. Whether it was the stress and frustration of the Iranian crew of the Taregh speedboat from the recently attempted coup, or the fact they had been out assisting the other tareghs lay mines for the past two days straight with little-to-no R&R, one of the machine-gunners on the Taregh opened up on the much larger, better-armed, and technologically superior Type 23 British Frigate.

"Battle stations!"

"Sir, Mark 8 main gun is primed," a Leading Hand from weapons systems announced.

"Execute," Andersson exclaimed. The Mark 8 4.5 mm inch cannon on one of the most front parts of the deck fired a single shot, and with perfect trajectory and precise accuracy, the entire ship went up in flames." The round had penetrated the Taregh, and like a musket ball through a piece of construction paper, teared open hull from the center-fired shot. It had hit the Taregh right in its accommodation; or bridge area, which took up the majority of space on the boat. The shot wouldn't sick the ship by any means. There didn't seem to be any structural damage to the lower hull, or any puncturing wound to its lower area. However, it was likely from both the impact, explosion and the large fire that followed, and still continued as the crew of the Montrose looked onward, that the entire crew were lost with all hands.

The British though, despite having an outright hatred and lack of pity on their enemy for the atrocities they had already committed in just recent memory, much less the 2019 Iranian seizing of the British tanker "Stena Impero", they were still a people, and navy for that matter, of class.

"Launch the RIBs, rescue personnel and Marines,"

Over the loudspeaker came the orders from Operations

"All emergency and marine personnel designated to RIB quick reaction teams four and five on the B shift, report to stations, repeat....

-------

A few minutes went by, and Andersson called for the strike on one of the two remaining speedboats which were now around three and a half nautical miles from the.

"Let the minesweeping crews have their fun. Spin them up. Fast attack formation." Said Andersson.

The fastest the Hunt-class mine countermeasure vessels could travel was approximately 17 knots. However, that didn't stop each of them from churning up to maximum speed that their engines would allow, and bearing down heavy on the two remaining skiffs. The minesweepers in comparison to the British Type 23 Frigate, had just a single 30 MM DSM Mk2 gun as what would be the 4.5 inch Mk8 gun which was two-to-three times its size, the same of which had blown the first Taregh sky high. These fired much more rapidly than the Mk8, but delivered just a fraction of the punch, albeit still a heavyweight fist, just not that of America's beloved Mike Tyson in boxing terms and principles.

The two ships fired off their Mk2 guns, supported by machine gun fire from each of their 3 general purpose machine guns, and one even vying to prepare and fire one of its two miniguns. Following the shot barrage of absolute superior firepower, the leftmost Taregh was left to be not more than a paper used for target practice at the gun range, which sent the last remaining Taregh on a retreat trajectory towards the Iranian Naval HQ about sixty miles due Northwest of Bandar Abbas.

The two minesweepers each turned in a trajectory that ultimately would bring each of them back past, and then after another turn, once again sailing parallel on a course North-Northwest with the Montrose, as on the horizon the slim silhouette of the second group of the Task Force led by the Monmouth came into view off the portside quarter of the deck.

Around half an hour or so after the second Iranian speedboat turned minelayer had sunk, with the other still lightly in flames about a mile back from where the Task Force had previously been positioned, with all Iranian survivors accounted for from the two vessels, came a volley of missiles from the sky.

"Sir, tracking at least six dozen missiles incoming, they appear to be tagged surface-to-air by our air defense and radar systems. They're coming in at too high a trajectory to counter with Sea Wolf missiles." one of the Captain's Leftenants in Air Search Radar reported.

"Brace, brace, brace!" the immediate impact sounded like almost nails on a chalk board coupled with the crackling of thunder. Only one missile had made contact with the starboard side of the lower deck, sending personnel flying in the impact zone but luckily killing no one. Each of the minesweeping vessels also took some light damage, but were mostly unscathed from the strike. Immediate review of the impacts revealed what was believed to be surface-to-air missiles, fired almost certainly at least close to a hundred miles due North-Northeast, from the coast of Iran. A retaliation effort.

"Alright, let's double back and regroup with Monmouth, and figure out exactly where the bastards are trying to hit us from.

------

Within the next hour, HMS Montrose had doubled back and was now on a parallel course with HMS Monmouth, on a course almost paralleling the coast of Iran due North, but at least sixty nautical miles away. A AeroVironment Puma AE had been launched from the Monmouth and after multiple runs for reconnaissance high in the sky along with a runback of data systems and radar to try and determine the potential trajectory of which the missile barrage had originated, the various "launch" sites were identified, with multiple MLRS surface-to-air type apparatus, being used instead like coastal rocket artillery.

Several of these positions were met with barrages from strategically launched and aimed at least seven GWS.26 Vertically Launched Sea Wolf missiles which also, were technically used for ship-to-air combat, but would serve quite nicely as a cruise missile like projectile to absolutely annihilate several of the coastal positions.

By the end of the day towards the evening, both warships as part of the now singularly assembled Task Force 326 and the Omani and Bahraini ships associated had come into contact with several more Taregh-class speedboats, and sunk them with small arms and main-gun fire appropriately, as they continued to hold their position approximately sixty miles off the coast of Iran, which very well may have been a few nautical miles within Iran's territorial waters, but now it was all-out-war for the time being.

London, United Kingdom

Prime Minister Johnson had been briefed in what was still the early afternoon in the British timezone, however he was genuinely thrilled to hear of the news that no British casualties had been suffered despite numerous contacts thus far with both maritime and ground-based forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Dominic Raab, Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Affairs had helped to outline a justification for action against Iran without wording it as an official declaration of war, because of the U.N limitations and rules. Although this would not sit well with the British people and, more-than-likely double well not sit with the Labour party, or those who were leaning far-left into Labour at the least. Some sort of contact needed to be made in order to try to guarantee the safety of the members of the British Embassy in Iran that would likely have twenty-four hours or less of Diplomatic Immunity before these rights were revoked and they were considered citizens; citizens in what was the fact of the matter, a rebel and divided state in the midst of a coup.

Additionally, Raab had, under Johnson's advisement, written off an email notifying the United States President of the events unfolding in the Persian Gulf.

--Message sent to Iran--

A Message from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office of her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

To whom it may concern,

Following today's unforeseen events which transpired in the Straight of Hormuz between the Persian and Oman Gulfs between forces belonging to the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy and the United Kingdom's Royal Navy, which was acting in collaboration with the Royal Bahrain Naval Force and the Royal Navy of Oman, the United Kingdom has opted to issue an approval for combat interference on the Islamic Republic of Iran on behalf of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

As an act of good faith, Iranian nationals working for the State Department of the Islamic Republic of Iran will be given in excess of 72 hours to remove themselves from the country and following such 72 hours they will be considered no longer diplomatically immune, but will have no charges or arrests taken against them should they choose to stay. We hope you will allow safe passage for members of our embassy in return.

As far as nationals working under visas or other special arrangements from the Islamic Republic, these visas and arrangements will be honored and considered valid, however any future flights of Iranian aircraft to the United Kingdom will cease and desist immediately and any official application of any citizen of the Islamic Republic of Iran to obtain a visa or other temporary or permanent living residency in the United Kingdom will be suspended until further notice with the onset of this advisement.

As well as this, the notification of this advisement and protracted military armed conflict will be submitted to the United Nations Security Council and General Assembly for review and authentication that the declaration was in fact justifiable.

We feel this is a necessary step to take to ensure that the actions of the Islamic Republic of Iran and its continued aggression in this region of the World to both the United Kingdom and her longstanding allies cease and desist immediately.

Do be advised that the Prime Minister's office strongly recommends diplomacy despite this, and wishes for an audience personally or through the use of envoys and diplomats to discuss how tensions may be de-escalated. Despite this, the provocation by Iranian Naval Forces in the Straight of Hormuz cannot be downplayed or go unnoticed.

Wishing you safety in these uncertain times, and promoting negotiation over further conflict.

I send my regards in place of the Prime Minister.

Sincerely,

Dominic Raab
First Secretary of State
Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth
and Development Affairs
King Charles Street
London SW1
draab@gov.uk

Encryption High: Key: //MwbV$$jOsBv$6$77jhw$11%

--Message sent to United States--

A Message from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office of her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

To whom it may concern,

Do be advised. As of approximately 1600 hours on 29 January 2021, the United Kingdom has presumptively issued an approval for combat interference against the Islamic Republic of Iran ahead of what is a planned submission of documented evidence and probable due cause, and justification for said combat action to the United Nations in the near future.

On January 21, 2020 earlier in the day, the United Kingdom was operating alongside entities from the navies of both sovereign nations of Oman and Bahrain, longtime British allies, as part of a heightened peace-keeping and maritime security Task Force that was put in place in regards to our last message to your State Department.

Following a finding of Iranian ships laying minds in international waters in the Straight of Hormuz, British ships were not given sufficient time to make contact before they were threatened via communication systems by the Islamic Republic of Iran's Navy, and then openly attacked without warning. In the first incursion the British Navy eliminated two Iranian Navy vessels in the form of what are believed to be two Taregh-class fast attack speedboats belonging to the country's Navy. Evidence is still being collected from these vessels, despite it still being an active maritime hot-zone, to better support the mining claim being facilitated.

As of just under a hour ago, the United Kingdom's Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office under myself made an approval for combat interference and assured military action against the Islamic Republic of Iran on behalf of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

We ask our friends in the Americas for both advice and input, as well as hopefully continued support in these escalating and unprecedented times.

In place of the Prime Minister, I send my regards.

Sincerely,

Dominic Raab
First Secretary of State
Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth
and Development Affairs
King Charles Street
London SW1
draab@gov.uk

Encryption High: Key: //MwbV$$jOsBv$6$77jhw$11%
Last edited by The Vaktovian Empire on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:30 pm

National Assembly Building
Seoul, Gyeonggi Province
Republic of Korea
29 January 2021

“They cannot be trusted.” It had to be the tenth time in the last five minutes that the Minority Leader, Joo Ho-young, had said those exact words. Park Byeong-seug massaged his temples as the leader of the People Power Party continued his tirade against the North. “They say they desire peace and seek only to coexist while they send infiltrators and attack our servicemen. They place artillery along the border within range of this very building, they test missiles, and they proudly demonstrate their power with parades and shows of force. And we are supposed to take them at their word when they say they will dismantle their nuclear program and release captives? What cause have we to believe them?”

“We may have no cause to believe them, Mister Joo,” came a thundering baritone voice. Byeong-seug turned to see the new yet still familiar voice of Kim Tae-nyeon, the majority leader and parliamentary head of the Democratic Party of Korea. Tae-nyeon looked at Byeong-seug apologetically but Byeong-seug didn’t chastise him, only nodded.

Tae-nyeon continued, “We may have no cause to believe them, but is that really a just reason to ignore this opportunity? We have presented before us this day something that no Parliament before us could lay claim to. An actual chance at a lasting peace with the North. Not merely this cold war of skirmishes, exercises, and displays of force but real, true peace. They have offered us everything we could have wanted. An end to their nuclear program, an end to the War, an end to decades of tension, closure for those who lost sons and fathers in the War, and the opportunity to heal the scars of that war.” Tae-nyeon had been looking at Ho-young up to this point but now, he turned to face the rest of the Assembly and, by extension, the cameras that were broadcasting this session to the public. “Which would be the greater folly? To be thought a fool for taking them at their word and being disappointed? Or to reject this olive branch and be responsible for another seventy years of tension? Would it not be the wiser course to meet them and at least try for peace, even in vain? I remind all of you that they have asked us for NOTHING, save that we lend them our ears so that they may be heard. They have offered us EVERYTHING. Everything that our grandfathers fought for. Everything that our fathers strived for. Everything that we have dreamed and hoped and prayed for. And everything that our children look for.”

Tae-nyeon let the silence hold a moment as his words were absorbed before he turned to face Ho-young again. “You may be willing to overlook their offer, Mister Joo. But I am not. I will not sacrifice the future of my children and our country because of the past.” Ho-young said nothing. There was little he could say, after all. It was true. The North had offered the South everything they had sought for nearly 70 years. Everything, of course, short of full reunification but wasn’t that enough? Wasn’t a final peace agreement enough?

Official Statement of the Republic of Korea
Released the 30th of January, 2021

Seventy years, seven months, and six days ago today, this peninsula was shattered by an invading army from the North. Two days ago, that very same North made a proposal that, if brought to fruition, could pave the way for the healing of all of Korea.

Perhaps over three and a half million Koreans have lost their lives in this conflict which started on the 25th of June, 1950. Now we have a chance to bring an end to this conflict, to end the bloodshed that has shattered the lives of so many for so long. No longer will there be a need to inform weeping mothers of the heroic loss of their sons. No longer will there be grieving fathers or orphaned children. Today begins a new chapter in the story of Korea, one of peace, prosperity, and hope in the future.

Joint Security Area
Panmunjom
Korea
31 January 2021

Seventy men stood facing each other across the Demilitarized Zone in Panmunjom, thirty-five from the North and thirty-five from the South. No one was armed, keeping the agreement of 2018 alive, but all of them had been on a hair trigger until recently. The new posture of the North Korean government was already having an effect. While both sides maintained their stoic discipline, there was less tension in the air.

It was in this atmosphere of reduced tension that Lieutenant Ga Kyeung-min stopped his K151 jeep about ten meters from the dividing line. It was a simple thing, a concrete barrier not even ankle high. No one was supposed to cross it. Ga Kyeung-min walked with confidence towards the barrier, stepping past two other South Korean soldiers. Both soldiers could hardly believe what they were seeing, their expressions faltering for the barest of instants as they absorbed the events before them.

Kyeung-min could feel his heart pounding in his chest. Sweat was running down his back and he could feel it soaking into his shirt. He knew that there weren’t supposed to be weapons in the JSA but what was stopping the North from having a man in Phanmun Pavilion with a sniper rifle? What was stopping them from shooting him dead as he neared the barrier?

Seconds ticked by like hours as he walked the final steps to the barrier and then time seemed to slow to a crawl as he lifted his foot and placed it firmly upon the top of the barrier. He then brought his other foot up and over, planting himself in North Korea. Three North Korean soldiers stood not even twenty meters from him. He took a deep breath and then called out in a firm voice that he hoped wasn’t tainted with fear, “I am Lieutenant Ga Kyeung-min of the Army of the Republic of Korea. I wish to speak with my counterpart of the Army of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.”

As it happened, a few of the men looked between themselves - until finally enough one of them soon enough stepped forward. His stance was a bit green and he lacked the proper ‘understanding’ of where to cross and where it was ‘allowed’ to walk. Although, soon enough Lieutenant Kyeung-min was face to face with his counterpart.

“Captain...Jeong...I am in charge of the defense of this location. What is it that you wish to ask of me...South Korean?” he responded...instead of the usual ‘hidden’ insult of ‘capitalist, westerner or the rare lapdog’. Despite his green attitude, he seemed to be someone whom was put here either due to his loyalty, his lack of political agenda...or because he seemed...less radical than most of the officers stationed here.

If nothing else, it was a sign that...something was changing. Since if things were going the usual way - the North Koreans would’ve either...reacted by now or they would have demanded to know what he was doing here - as things were...they seemed merely curious and confused about his presence on ‘their’ side.

Kyeung-min was quite a bit taller than the North Korean, being rather tall for a South Korean at 180 centimeters. He extended his arm, offering a handshake to his counterpart. “Our two countries have been at odds since my grandfather was my age. It seems only fitting that a conflict that started with soldiers killing each other should end with soldiers greeting each other not as enemies but as new friends.”

As it happened, the Captain in question...didn’t know how to respond...if anything, he felt worried as usual about some ‘Special Police’ coming to arrest him and throw him into jail for ‘collaborating’ with the enemy alongside his family and his grandmother. Although...at the same time, the orders that had supposedly come down from the Supreme Leader herself had been - ‘keep the peace, any hostile actions against South Korea will be disavowed, don’t react to any provocation’.

As he wondered the thoughts over in his head, he held hope that accepting a handshake didn’t fall under the ‘classification’ of provocation. “...uhm...hello?” he responded, taking hold of Kyeung-min’ hand and giving it a nervous shake. If anything, the North Koreans were still their usual paranoid selves...although this time...less hostile about it.

If it was shocking to the North Koreans, it was equally shocking the South Koreans. None had crossed the DMZ without permission in almost seventy years without being detained. But today was a day for firsts. And so far, it had been a good day.

Busan Naval Base
Busan
Republic of Korea
31 January 2021

The Iran situation had become intolerable to the Republic of Korea. Not only had six ROK citizens been callously murdered by the Iranians, but South Korean shipping in the Strait of Hormuz was under increased threat by the Iranians. Even worse, it appeared that the Iranians were willing to attack any airliners traveling even in international airspace. So the Navy had been authorized to deploy a task force. ROKS Dokdo would lead three Sejong the Great class destroyers, two Chungmugong Yi Sun-sin class destroyers, one Gwanggaeto the Great class destroyer, two Incheon class frigates, and two Son Won-il class diesel-electric submarines. Ten of the ROKN’s twenty of F-35B fighters would be aboard. SM-2 air defense missiles, SSM-700K and Harpoon Anti-Ship Missiles, K-ASROCs, and Hyunmoo-3 Land Attack Cruise Missiles were carried aboard the destroyers and frigates, providing an enormous level of firepower.

It would take the task force close to two weeks to reach the coast of Bahrain, plenty of time for the Republic of Korea to put its hat in the ring to try and force Iran to sit down at the table.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

Against: Communism, Socialism, Fascism, Liberalism, Theocracy, Corporatocracy.

By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:56 am

August 1st Building, Beijing
Central Military Commission
January 31, 2021

President Xi Jinping entered the war room yet again, slightly angered at the fact France was still stubborn on continuing to declare Taiwan's independence. As he walked to his seat, General Fenghe was already talking. "Damn fools, what does France think it can gain from this? Do you know how much money they make from selling to us and investments? What could they possibly gain?"

Xi wave his hand dismissively. "There is nothing to be gained from this action. We will be retaliating against France, and they will feel a heavy economic burden for their actions. My priority right now is the military situation."

General Li Zuocheng, Chief of Joint Staff nodded. "Full mobilization of the reserves will take a few weeks, and we have the Naval Militia mobilizing. However we plan to send our two carrier strike groups into the strait to deter any aggression. The move should put Taiwan in line."

At the back of the room Admiral Miao Hua, Director of the CMC Political Work Department, whispered with an aide before he walked over and handed a notice to Xi. "We just received a message from France to the G20. It seems as if the French didn't realize we are a member of the organization."

Reading it, Xi looked rather furious. He pounded his fist on the table. "This is outrageous! 'Mainland Chinese to heel?' That sounds like a direct threat!"

Admiral Hua frowned. "Should we reply to this message?"

Xi rubbed his forehead. "We will be replying with ceasing all trade to France. We will freeze their assets, cut the Airbus deal, and withdraw our government's investments. If that doesn't bring the French to the table, they would have to be more insane than the damn Iranians."

"We best reach out to other nations in the region, I fear the French may force us to invade Taiwan should they continue to refuse to back down."

East China Sea
January 31, 2021

A massive show of force in the region was underway as PLANS Liaoning and PLANS Shandong sailed north of Taiwan, leading in front of their respective battle groups, as two dozen Shenyang J-15s from their air groups flew overhead. The groups together conducted live-fire drills centered around the carriers, with individual escorts occasionally firing on targets with their deck guns, CIWS, and even several YJ-18 missiles. J-15s flew overhead, conducting intercepts on planes sent to the mainland to simulate defending an air strike.

While symbolic, this show of force was aimed towards the French, and a warning, it would not tolerate any violation of the One China policy, and any French military effort to do so would be met with equal force.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
January 31, 2021
12:00 AM

Official Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China

The People's Republic of China strongly condemns the continued French actions to incite rebellion in Taiwan Province by continuing to declare it independent. The aggression by France and its threats of military force will not be tolerated. We affirm our willingness to work towards reunification of Taiwan Province with the mainland.

The People's Republic of China further denies allegations recently sent in a message to the G20 that the People's Republic of China is on the verge of fighting in Taiwan Province. The People's Republic of China has been forced to ready itself and prepare against military threats posed by separatist groups and the French, but that does not constitute readying for war.

We urge the EU and the rest of the world to ask France to appeal to reason. We applaud Latvia for encouraging dialogue, and are open to it. In addition we applaud the brave effort of the Republic of Korea in condemning the French attempt to destabilize the Asia region and encouraging France to reverse course.

As a result of the clear aggression from France, the following actions will be taken. The People's Republic of China has unfortunately been forced to cease all trade relations with the Republic of France. No Chinese flagged vessel is to enter any French port, and Chinese companies and individuals are to engage in trade with any French company or individual. Furthermore, French companies are banned from China, and all assets belonging to the French government, French companies, or French citizens has been frozen. All Chinese investment in France will be withdrawn. In addition the 2019 30 billion Euro Airbus deal is now cancelled. The People's Republic of China will be looking to other companies to fill this gap.

This decision was not taken lightly. French exports to China amounted to $23.44 Billion, while Chinese exports to France were $59.56 Billion. French assets in China excluding property amount to well over $25 Billion, which will now be frozen. Chinese investment in France amounted to $6 Billion, and this too will be withdrawn. It is estimated France will now be losing out on an estimated $146 Billion dollars. The People's Republic of China urges France to reverse course before it is too late.

French citizens visiting China are encouraged to leave, however French citizens living in China and French diplomatic staff are welcome to stay.

The People's Republic of China calls upon its citizens to leave France immediately.

On the subject of Iran, the People's Republic of China urges for restraint on both sides and for diplomacy. Further, Chinese nationals living or visiting Iran are encouraged to find safe shelter, or return home.

Regarding our great ally, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the People's Republic of China applauds its work to bring peace to the Korean peninsula. The People's Republic of China to support the DPRK in this process. President Xi Jinping would like to congratulate Supreme Leader Kim Yo-jong in taking power, and grieves the death of the great Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un at the hands of treacherous rebels.

From: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China
To: Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Encryption: Maxium

The People's Republic of China stands by the DPRK in its process to denuclearize and is very willing to assist in removing the weapon-grade nuclear material from the peninsula and assuring the West. China is committed to the security of the DPRK and would be very willing to sign a mutual defense agreement. Further, we propose starting increased joint military cooperation and have increased Chinese investment into the DPRK's economy.

Sincerely,
President Xi Jinping

To: Czechoslovakia
Encryption: Diplomatic

The People's Republic of China accepts your apology and is pleased the One China policy will not be breached. President Jinping has enjoyed a good friendship with President Zeman and would be open to increased collaboration between our governments economically.

Sincerely,
Foreign Minister Wang Yi

As tensions flared, Foreign Minister Wang Yi departed from Beijing for Tokyo, in a planned trip to meet with Japanese counterparts while Party Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Qi Yu would make his way to North Korea to discuss military ties. Elsewhere, Le Yucheng, Executive Vice Foreign Minister had been sent to Indonesia, on a mission to deescalate tensions in the Natuna region, and from there, he would travel to Pakistan to meet with allies to discuss the rising chances of conflict.
Last edited by TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON on Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Joint Security Area
Panmunjom
Korea
8 February 2021

While there had been those, that still doubted and had their apprehensions about the new 'Supreme Leader' - considering the same had been thought and assumed of the late Kim Jong-un, whom had been educated in the West and yet ended up as a ruthless dictator equal to that of his late father. Especially since Kim Yo-jong had been previously calling out the West in the usual fashion of being 'degenerates, foreigners and hostile actors'. Although actions spoke louder than words, as the saying went. Namely, Kim Yo-jong had taken the initiative and begun to organize actual and documented releases of the various prisoners still held within captivity in North Korea. The largest number being those from South Korea - whom had been there since the Korean War, had been caught 'spying' or had been detained by North Korean agents themselves. As such, she was the one whom was making an effort to appear peaceful and reasonable compared to her predecessors - one that involved her releasing 'all' of the captives that were still alive, healthy or detained by her government.

As the JSA for once was 'busy' instead of the nerve-wracking position that may involve either one suddenly starting something - there was several row of trucks on both sides of the JSA. From the North Korean side, there were hundreds of people that were being helped out of the trucks, given what few belongings they still had left and were allowed to march towards the Korean Demilitarized Zone...without anyone trying to stop them, tackle them or shoot them. Captain Jeong was at the moment walking between the DMZ and the trucks, holding a clipboard in one hand and constantly crossing out names on it - going and speaking with the guards in charge of the trucks and then heading back to inform his South Korean counterpart on 'whom' was coming.

It was a completely different scene, than what was usually common when one thought about North Korea and 'peaceful exchange'. The whole thing was 'controlled' chaos in a sense - since there was always a few people, whom ran across the border to South Korea, the moment they arrived and had to be 'ironically' caught by their counterparts and matched out on a list. Since North Korea wanted to 'clear' that they weren't holding anyone against their will and everyone caught had been openly released. All the while South Korea had to match the names to actual people from their homeland, those whom may have been declared 'deceased' and to prevent any 'infiltrator' from being smuggled across. So far...the only people that had been sent had been actual people that North Korea had taken or held over the years. The list itself had been almost seven-hundred names long at that - not all of them were completely healthy or looking like their 'stay' had been pleasant. While others were old enough that they couldn't walk on their own volition or without assistance.

An example of how things had 'changed' was when Captain Jeong noticed an older figure nearly keeling over when he came down from the truck - so much so, that he would give a whistle and indicate to some members of the Korean Red Cross that someone needed 'aid'. The situation having changed enough, that the workers could easily cross across the DMZ and get to the man before helping to carry him across the border back to South Korea without anyone trying to catch or detain the workers in question. Still there were some guards stationed further back from the DMZ - to prevent any South Korean spy from jumping across during the exchange. Still for the most part things remained peaceful...and more trucks were coming and leaving the JSA bringing over people on a nearly hourly basis. A situation made easier only by the fact that North Korea had kept 'very' detailed lists of their prisoners and that those they were releasing lived right across the border. Considering how the world was getting more and more chaotic...Kim Yo-jong wanted things stabilized and peacefully settled before it got worse.

To: Republic of Korea, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Encryption: High

In a letter designed to the Ministry of Foreign Affair in South Korea - Kim Yo-jong included several things that she wished to discuss and specified.

As explained in detail how many people from South Korea they had left in North Korea and whom would be delivered to the DMZ in the upcoming days. Alongside a list of people whom had been caught and 'died' - whose return needed to be discussed out. As Kim Yo-jong was willing to deliver them via coffins, ashes or via 'documentation'. As the new Supreme Leader explained how many of the people whom had been caught and died, had been often 'dismissed' in a rather unrefined way by the previous military government and left to rot in an unspecified location. Although she maintained her promise to find them and their remains, to return them to South Korea and have them properly buried at that. Alongside this - she had also handed to the Foreign Minister of South Korea a list of foreign nationals that were held and a 'requested aid' to establish a way to have them repatriated to their country of origin or somewhere close to their wishes.

Included in her letter, Kim Yo-jong also desired to resume talks and trade with their counterparts in South Korea - actual cooperation and peace, instead of the previously-held 'works' that mostly involved South Korea doing all the work and North Korea reaping the benefits. As she wished for mutual and equal representation. So much so, that she also desired to engage in 'serious talks' with President Moon Jae-in to solving the 'Korean Situation' in a permanent and peaceful way.

To: People's Republic of China, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Encryption: Very High

We would happily welcome this opportunity to open up and receiving aid and assistance from our eternal ally in China. An agreement of mutual defense would go well in helping to assure the people, that we won't be giving up everything in order to appease the West. Aid in de-nuclearizing is a welcome - as while my predecessor and his before him had developed great infrastructure in the development of nuclear materials, they had neglected the importance of storage and removal. Alongside weapon-grade material, we possess several deposits which possess half-grade material that can be considered 'dangerous' by Western standards.

Economic aid is also warmly welcomed, as our economy is 'lagging' heavily behind the standards of the West and out southern counterparts. My desire is to see North Korea regain it's prestige and honor in the world...without resorting to barbaric acts that got us into the situation in the first place.

Sincerely, Premier Kim Yo-jong
Last edited by The Felan Federation on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Islamic Republic of Iran
January 29th, 2021
Tehran
House of Leadership
Khamenei's Cry Bunker

Ayatollah Khamenei lifted his body up from the faded red sofa, his eyes slowly coming to him while his senses began to recalibrate from the long slumber. Given that his Cry Bunker lacked any form of natural light (save for lava in that rather groovy looking icon of the 70s that bubbled happily near the kitchen), his skin had taken a shade paler, and was getting even worse the more brain cells fired away in his mind before sputtering. Looking over the room, he saw the two female guards curled up on either end of the couch, with Khamenei's vison being filled with a bunch of static from the television. Either an EMP hit his cry bunker or he forgot to renew his HBO subscription. Either outcome was devastating.

Sure, if an EMP hit he wouldn't be able to tweet, but if he forgot about his HBO subscription, oh good lord he was fucked. How else was he going to watch Game of Thrones and decry it as "western filth?" He could start Khamenei's podcasts about how he was bitching about what was happening as he watched the second season, but he wasn't that level of tech savy. Knowing how to use twitter and the microwave oven for pizza pockets? Yes. Databases and various garbled strings of computer code? If he had bothered to take a class on it, then sure, but for now, definitely not.

Besides, he had a country to run into the ground anyways. At least the half that didn't hate his guts or tried to overthrow his ass because he fired pakopur via a tweet.

President Masoumeh Ebtekar calmly put her hands around the Khamenei's shoulders, startling him before a face of calm washed over him.
"Thank you dear. It's been very...very fucking stressful. I've got infidels attempting to coup the shit out of me, and I've lost contact with whatever the fuck has been happening on the surface."
"Oh, that's what I meant to talk to you about. General Pakopur's reformist faction has been pushed out of the capital. We've won the battle."
Khamenei shook his head.
"We've begun a war. A fucking civil war. We mustn't let up on them. We're going to hunt them down and exterminate the rebels. Declare a bounty for top ranking rebel officials, and have whatever you come up with doubled. Invite foreign mercenaries as well if they so wish. We must prevent this shit show from becoming even worse. Can I get an update on the foreign situation?"
"Well, the UK did send us this.." Masoumeh gingerly handed the Supreme Leader a letter directed to "Iran."
His eyes glistened as he mused through it. It offered a way out of the shit-show. Possible de-escalation.. But there was always an option to hold the line. To prevent any foreign bastard from inviting death to the government. There was always the chance to rip up any possibility of negotiations, have Khamenei hide in his bunker, tweet out a quick declaration of war on the UK and maybe the United States and dare them to launch a land invasion.

There was the alternative, a possibility to maybe invite a descendant of the Pahlavi Dynasty. But... in doing that, that would completely invalidate everything the Iranian revolution stood for. Khamenei would look completely foolish to the conservatives if he was to suddenly invite the Sha of all people to re-establish that damned Iranian dynasty. He'd lose so much favor with the staunch conservatives, all the goodwill he was doing with the accidental coup attempt to rally the people would be down shit creek without any paddles.

"Ah.. They offer a path to redemption my boys.. We'd be stupid not to at least attempt it."
"If this doesn't work?"
"Then we can just do the shooty-shooty thingy. Don't worry, we're just sending off this offer first to see if they bite. If not, then we can do some other shit. Like a land invasion of Afghanistan."

To: Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs Dominic Raab of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

From: Secretary of the Islamic Committee of the Legacy of the Islamic Revolution Zahra Mostafavi Khomeini of the Islamic Republic of Iran

In an unprecedented move, The Supreme Leader himself wishes to negotiate personally with Prime Minister Boris Johnson, and so shall make preparations for a flight to London for such a meeting within seventy two hours. The visit will be Ayatollah Khamenei's first trip outside of Iran, and may include stops in Paris to talk to the French and potential layovers in Turkey to discuss a mutual hatred for the Jewish infidels with President Edogan of the Ottoman Empire. Accompanying him will be his personal translator, 20 government aides, Iranian Ambassador to the United Kingdom Kamal Kharzai and former President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

We wish for a peaceful solution to the problems of today, if we want any shot at prolonging the future relations between the United Kingdom and the Islamic Committee. Iran may pull teeth, but we're only pulling the ones that we badly needed in our mouths. Just the permanent teeth, so it's only scars for the mouth of the country.

We have gotten the unfortunate news that Iranian women provoked the british outside of their embassy, leaving multiple bodies dead on the ground. We shall run a full investigation into the matter, and invite british Scotland yard type forensic analysts into assisting us with the incident. Khamenei extend his personal apologies to such a matter.

Please convey the Supreme Leader's wishes for the Queen of England's health and well-being, and pass on my warmest respects to "Zodiac Killer" Ted Cruz of the United States.

Tehran

Tehran was a bloodied city after yesterday. Rotting bodies of slain military members and civilians caught up in the unfortunate crossfire between reformist coup members and loyalist guards. 101 year old Guardian Council Secretary Lotfollah Safi Golpaygani calmly whistled to himself, the weak lungs of the centarian taking in the excessive amounts of charred debris and burning armored vehicles that littered the war zone. His eyes looked upon the bullet and shellfire rippled parliament building. All around him, dazed and terrified civilians exchanged not violent gunfire, but equally as violent thousand yard stares. It was a traumatized population that had their first instance of actual, bloody, twenty-first century street by street fighting. Confused melees that ended with piles of bodies and large amounts of blood that coated Golpaygani's oak cane he used to support himself on while walking amongst the ruins.

It was a very rude wake up call for those within the city. For years there had been boasts by Khomeni that "America can't do a damn thing against us." Now there were rumors flying around in whatever bars, brothels or underground Iranian speakeasies that it was a western conspiracy. That it was the fault of "Uncle Sam" and "Theresa May". These rumors were fed by a wave of anger at the government, at least on the conservative end. For those younger voices, who were struggling to make ends meet in dead end oil industry jobs, who were on the verge of losing everything thanks to a complete implosion of the social safety net. That net was simply installed as a modern "bread and circuses" to give the Iranian people just enough so they didn't revolt. One of the largest ones was the rolling back on social media restrictions, though only with Twitter. They simply didn't have the long standing mistrust of the west. These members voted in droves for moderate candidates in Parliament only to see them lose to a rigged deck in the form of the ultraconservative Guardian Council's excessive vetting of "infidels".

Now these people, who had gone to the polls only to see democracy crumble apart and their vote ripped in the hands of an oligarchy of some high ranking, mysterious members of the council, needed something. However, there seemed to be one person who was at least receptive to their ideas, despite not holding any real government position.

That person was Golpaygani. Despite his conservative misgivings, the chaos of the last twenty four hours was enough for something of an instant epiphany moment. He had found his calling. He was going to make it up to the people of Iran. He himself was going to take the country back. Was it a complete 180 of his character? Yes. Was it unrealistic? Yes. What's your overall point there reader? That's what I thought. Enough blood was spilt on the streets already, there needed to be peace. There demanded some form of cooling.

"Chase down those damn Russian bastards!"
The old man turned his head to see several shadowy figures fleeing through the streets, chased by a very angry looking mob. Gasping at the sight, Golpaygani approached the diplomats, pointing to a building which was still very much in one piece before confronting the large group of angry Iranians. He took another glance at the crowd to see a sea of black hijabs.

These were women.

"Ladies! Why do you torment these men? Do you not know the proper place for a woman is to be in the home with a guardian. Where are all your guardians? Or did we change that law?"

One of the women stepped forwards.
"We're hunting down Russian diplomats. They're the one that brought this chaos upon our land. They're the reason why we're all frogs!"
Golpaygani's faced twisted in confusion at that last statement. He quickly rubbed his eyes to make sure the women were lying. A couple momentary blanks of black later and there was yet to be any evidence of amphibians.
"I fail to see how the Russian ambassadors are wizards that alter you all into frogs. You are all still fucking bitches."
The crowd, almost incensed, was about to reach out and throw the old man aside to tear the diplomats, when one of the women raised her hand, with Golpaygani calmly calling on her.
"What do you mean you fail to see? Are you blind as you are Stupid? We've got bloody stains everywhere! Show them ladies!"
A couple women then rolled up their sleeves, showing bare skin with tiny red dots coating their arms.
The member of the Gaurdian Council squinted before yanking out really thick pairs of reading glasses before laughing. And laughing, and falling on the ground and rolling all around laughing.
"You...Silly gits... Those are ZITS. You'll all got achne..."
"We have achne?! Oh for fucks sakes... Can we still tear apart the Russian diplomats?"
Golpaygani then approached the sea of black hijab wearing women, giving them all a warm embrace as granddaughters would give their great-grandfather.
"Of course sweeties. We'll rip their limbs off and use them as weapons."

With that happy moment taken care of, the aging bolt on the front door was blown apart by a large thud, with a sea of black hijab wearing women bursting in the room, seizing the surprised "russian" diplomats and hauling seven of them outside, lining them up. In the interlude, Iranian AK-47s were found down a ditch and each was handed to the impromptu firing squad of women as Golpaygani read out the charges.

"For crimes against the Islamic Republic. These Russian "diplomats" have been charged with the following:
1.Tailgating the Supreme Leader's limousine
2.Driving a camel without the proper license
3.Being friendly to Iran's slave population
4. Advocating emanicpation without the proper equiptment
5. Refusing to use said equiptment of a suicide vest and fine tuned explosive device when told to by a superior officer.
6. Acting belligerent and threatening the life of an officer
7. Insulting the women of Iran with your masculine charm.
8. Being a confused gender.
9. Being told to evacuate the embassy effective at noon, only to just be making preperations to leave the embassy at 11:59 AM.
10. Ignoring Ayatollah Khameni's twitter fatwa that changed the time to a convenient way just to make you break this made up Iranian law.
11. Insulting the Supreme Leader by advising him to "lose some weight fat ass."
12. Insulting the Supreme Leader by advising him to "please good sir, I beg your pardon, but may I have your carton of scrambled eggs" at a time well past breakfast.
13. Fishing without a proper license.
14. Soliciting funds on the streets of Iran's poorest neighborhoods with an intention to "pay them back later lol".
15. Texting loved ones without a proper Iranian internet diploma.
16. Meeting with Iranian sabotuers,defectors and traitors to the Islamic Republic for hostile goals at an indeterminate date in the future.
17. Being Russian.

One of the "Russian diplomats" began to get up from his knees in protest.
"You can't do this, seventeen's illegal on the Geneva convention! Don't we get a fair trial?"
"No. This is Iran, not fucking North Korea. Fair Trial is bullshit. Now we're going to vote on method of execution, all in favor of beating the shit out of them with the guns?"
One Iranian women raised her hand.
"All in favor of using the boom boom abilities of these semi-automatic assault rifles with the manufacture's settings?"
The remaining Iranian women raised their hands, but not before the Iranian women in favor of a good beating violently slammed the butt of her AK-47 into the skull of one of the diplomats, causing him to collapse on the floor with some blood.
"Staza, knock it off! Save some blood for the rest of us. Right. Open fire, may god have mercy on your souls proceed."
Bursts of semi-automatic fire then peppered the air as the rest of the Russian diplomatic team met a swift end at the hands of a mob of gun wielding Iranian women. Golpaygani then took a second look at the proported "Russian Diplomats". Turning one of the corpses over, he only now noticed he had a rather thick looking moustache, held in his hand before dying a push broom, and was...dressed in a fucking ugly olive green uniform? His brain slowly put two and two together before screaming at the women who were the impromptu firing squad.

"Oh for Allah's sakes, you idiots! We just killed a bunch of Russian speaking janitors. Why the fuck didn't they piss off earlier... fucking fake Russians."
"What about the bodies?"
Golpaygani looked down at the twitching corpses with contempt, snatching a freshly lit cigarette from one of the women, much to her chagrin.
"Burn their bodies and bury the remains. If Russia finds out we did this, they probably won't give a shit. But I'd rather be safe than up shit creek without a twitter handle like the Supreme Leader is doing."

"What about the British embassy?"
Golpaygani then grinned from ear to ear and gave a cat whistle to the group of hijab clad mob of women.
"Get your affairs in order my bitches, we're going to string up some fucking british dogs! To the british embassy my wonderful bitches!"
With an almost giddy look on many of the riotous mob's faces, they advanced through a couple of streets, initially maintaining a blob like formation until they came upon various shops that lacked broken windows. A couple of well aimed bricks began the looting of various Iranian buildings and some local bazars that sold "british made" products that were actually from china. The Mob's previous russophobia was placated with the murder of the russian "diplomats." Now there needed to be English blood running through the streets of Tehran. The dusty looking mob loomed at the british embassy, with their curtains hastily drawn and the embassy police manning their posts, semi-automatic rifles being brushed off and loaded with live ammunition. Out front there stood an imported british police car, with a pith hat wearing police officer shouting through a megaphone at the approaching crowd. He was backed up by a few dozen embassy soldiers that aimed their barrles down at the mob.

"Unruly crowd, you are encroaching upon Royal Territory. This is british territory, and in accordance with the rules of crowd dispersement, we are ordering you to disperse from this illegal gathering, as you are in violation of your nation's own curfew rules. Failure to do so will result in warning shots."

"The British Pig-Dogs taunt us, we must rally the rocks and cocktails! Advance you Iranian women! You bastard Iranian old men! You creepy Iranian suicide infants!"
"Fuck your queen! Expel the Barbarians, revere the Supreme Leader!" barked various angry voices within the approaching crowd. Soon the Iranian mob got roughly to the intersection apart from the parked british officers were.
"By my order. Fire over their heads!"
A crackle of rifle fire soon screamed above the crowd. This had some of the intended effect, as the youngest members and those responsible women not hopped up on anti-british propoganda cradeled their loved ones in their arms and took off in multiple directions, thinning the crowds ranks by a few members. Golpaygani still stood defiantly with the remaining members, a mishmatch of rich women, poor women, old men and young peasents without colledge degrees.
"We warn you again, disperse immediatly or we will open fire. Five...Four..."

Somewhere in the mixture, a grenade was tossed, and the ensuing explosion brought both sides to a mutal understanding. This mutal understanding was that they both needed to please fucking die. British rifle rounds soon soared from the gunbarrles of the increasingly nervous embassy soldiers stationed outside. They sang true and impacted numerous members of the crowd, some of who broke and ran, not willing to be shot anymore. A few Iranian bullets were fired in a panic by the few armed ex members of Artesh, zooming into the building and breaking a few windows in the Embassy. However, the blood spilt only served to anger the diehard members, of which Golpaygani was one. He held up an antiquated bolt action rifle, got his sights on what appeard to be the british bastard and-

His whole world view was thrown off as he stumbled to the ground, landing as hard as his centarian body could have stood it. He gasped in sharp pain, his fingers rummaging through his cloack, rifle cast aside quicker than insults to the queen. He brought two of his fingers to his increasingly blurry eyes, being able to make out a faint sign of reddish pale skin that indicated he had been hit in the kidneys.
He groaned in pain, screaming out for his mother.
"M...Mommy....Make the boo boo go away... I...I want kisses. I need my kisses mommy. I don't want to die. I'm only one hundred years old. Mommy... Mommy! I'm so scared.. Hold...Hold me.."
One of the Ironic sights he saw was a british nurse rushing up to administer first aid to him, bringing a rare smile to the centarian's lips.

His first positive interaction with the british.

One would only hope it wouldn't be his last as he passed out from the loss of blood.

ImageImage
Ali Khamenei
@SupremeLeader

Extent out the Iranian olive-branch to u brits.Can't wait to see London! I'm so excited! America, GTFO. Russia, fucking die already infidel.#Sorry About the Embassy #Fuck you Russia

RETWEETSFAVORITE

6:14 am- 28/1/2021
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 pm

LATVIJA

New Supreme Court Justice

'Untimely, our most endeared pillar of the Justice System has passed' reads the third page obituary in a creased newspaper, an autopsy hasn't been conducted neither any reports have been published. Media publications have moved onto the the nomination process rather than focused in on any details. KPV-LV has come forward with a, relatively unexperienced, politician named Aldis Blumbergs to become the new face of the law. Some members of KPV's coalition partner party have expressed resentment over the nominee selection, siding with opposition members who deem it to be a perversion of the law. At the expense of further alienating liberals and centrists, Blumbergs began heavily appealing to Latvian nationalists and conservative Russian-orientated deputies in other to win a nomination in the Saeima. By espousing support for traditional marriage he has both been the centre of controversy and adoration for most MPs and media publications. Some critics have stated that if the nomination were to pass the supreme court would become 'yesmen' institution in order to help enact consitutional changes.

Latvijas Republika
Republic of Latvia

Supreme Court Justice Nominee

- Instate Aldis Blumbergs as Supreme Court Justice to protect that law and integrity of our country.

Aye: 55
Absent: 0
Nay: 45

Whistle-blower John Christmas Pardoned and Set to Testify

President Aigars Bitāns has pardoned American whistle-blower John Christmas, clearing him of any potential arrests if he were to arrive to Latvia for the first time in decades and allowing him to be placed under protection and monitoring. John Christmas held sensitive information regarding the methods of Parex Bank, it's management and any individuals involved in it's corrupt operations prior to the Parex Scandal. His testimony had been rejected by EUROPOL and all other agencies, his life was said to be threatened by nameless operatives - his home U.S address needed to be covered up due to two prior household changes out of safety reasons. His testimony in front of the Supreme Court regarding several political figures such as Valdis Dombrovskis and multiple anonymous bankers may trigger a first formal trial of those involved in stealing tens of millions of taxpayer money.

Media 'Truth & Integrity' Act

The current government has pinned fake news and biased media for Latvia's Second Riga riots, a natural escalation considering Latvia's media situation prior to 2020. Centrist and liberal deputies, outlets and figureheads had pinned cybersecurity as requiring safeguards and protections which included a changed approach towards news outlets. Disinformation from Russia had been a serious concern and so was the ever-present foreign influence in independent publications, riding from this storm of anxiety KPV-LV has proposed a set of measures in a recent legislation.

Latvijas Republika
Republic of Latvia

The First Media Act

- All journalistic outlets must disclose sources of funding on their second page set to the subjective standards of the Ministry of Culture. All media and journalistic publishers must publicise any and all overseas connections on their second page or otherwise in a visible format. The Latvian Government, under the Ministry of Culture, will establish a voluntary 'Union of Publishers and Writers' in defence of independent and artistic integrity with the potential of Government sanctioned awards for honorary members. Media that defames or insults the collective people, ancestors, history or culture of Latvia shall be publicised as active terror threats by the VDD.

Aye: 57
Absent: 19
Nay: 24

State Security Purges

With the overruling authority of both the President and Prime Minster, Valsts drošības dienests (State Security Service) has seen leadership changes in it's chain of command. Starting from head administrators and advisers, the bureaucratic old-guard has been swapped by both populist sympathisers and young lower ranked members. This decisions has stemmed from an increasingly political lean in the VVDs and public accusations of politically motivated investigations and imprisonments. In a recent press conference Prime Minister Gobzems has stated that 'the soviet union collapsed three decades ago yet the system has stayed here all the same'. Liberal pundits have said that recent security changes are a ploy by the ruling Government to establish totalitarianism.

Private and Public Statements

- To our close allies in Czechoslovakia -
*Private*
From the Ministry of Latvian Foreign Affairs

As Republics dictated by the rule of law, enshrined in our societal and political lives, we share the same view about the distressing actions of the People's Republic of China. We do not wish for a global Chinese hegemony and many of us share the same perspective in regards to your diplomatic statement. In Latvia we believe the most optimal response to China would be undisclosed and backed by a build up of our own personal strengths and capabilities. Our current situation in Greece, Hungary and in our NATO partner the U.K is less than favourable due to increased Chinese economic activity, many other EU/NATO member states do not share the same perspectives. We believe that we cannot risk open contention with the Far-East with our current situation and increasing drift in unified policy. We'd like to privately apologise for any public conflict of interests.

- Statement to the Europeans -
*Open & Public*
From the Ministry of Latvian Foreign Affairs

To encourage discourse among European partners about our overarching goals and collective economic plans, the Latvian Republic would like to propose for a formal binding summit of E.U member states. The Latvian Republic believes that with our newly emerging modern problems, the European Union must act quickly to both achieve energy security and cross-national security against any potential incursions. We must protect our sovereignties and assert Europe on the world stage instead of failing in outward personal endeavours.

An Undisclosed Gallery - I

"Beautiful isn't it" An old voice croaked out, smearing patches of dried earth into the polished oak floor. Like the evening moon, his every move lit up by a spectre of electric lights from up above.
"Do you know those two buildings in the foreground, just behind everything else." Gobzems replied, unmoved.
"Three brothers?"
"One Baroque, one Dutch and one gothic." He looked at the wrinkled man "So old, important. Yet they fade out of view here. They slide away." A period of silence followed his words.
"It's slidden away from us" He continued "Every city had streets like these before the bombs fell, architecture and life. We even had the architects who'd built it."

"What are you tryinga get at"

"You can't reverse back time, you can't pour something back it. What we're doing is starting from day one, building anew and you can't build without a few things getting broken. What's one man to an entire country." He smiled in underneath a stuttering glow "We're just getting started."
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:17 pm

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:August 1st Building, Beijing
January 31, 2021

President Xi Jinping entered the war room yet again, slightly angered at the fact France was still stubborn on continuing to declare Taiwan's independence. As he walked to his seat, General Fenghe was already talking. "Damn fools, what does France think it can gain from this? Do you know how much money they make from selling to us and investments? What could they possibly gain?"

Xi wave his hand dismissively. "There is nothing to be gained from this action. We will be retaliating against France, and they will feel a heavy economic burden for their actions. My priority right now is the military situation."

General Li Zuocheng, Chief of Joint Staff nodded. "Full mobilization of the reserves will take a few weeks, and we have the Naval Militia mobilizing. However we plan to send our two carrier strike groups into the strait to deter any aggression. The move should put Taiwan in line."

At the back of the room Admiral Miao Hua, Director of the CMC Political Work Department, whispered with an aide before he walked over and handed a notice to Xi. "We just received a message from France to the G20. It seems as if the French didn't realize we are a member of the organization."

Reading it, Xi looked rather furious. He pounded his fist on the table. "This is outrageous! 'Mainland Chinese to heel?' That sounds like a direct threat!"

Admiral Hua frowned. "Should we reply to this message?"

Xi rubbed his forehead. "We will be replying with ceasing all trade to France. We will freeze their assets, cut the Airbus deal, and withdraw our government's investments. If that doesn't bring the French to the table, they would have to be more insane than the damn Iranians."

"We best reach out to other nations in the region, I fear the French may force us to invade Taiwan should they continue to refuse to back down."

East China Sea
January 31, 2021

A massive show of force in the region was underway as PLANS Liaoning and PLANS Shandong sailed north of Taiwan, leading in front of their respective battle groups, as two dozen Shenyang J-15s from their air groups flew overhead. The groups together conducted live-fire drills centered around the carriers, with individual escorts occasionally firing on targets with their deck guns, CIWS, and even several YJ-18 missiles. J-15s flew overhead, conducting intercepts on planes sent to the mainland to simulate defending an air strike.

While symbolic, this show of force was aimed towards the French, and a warning, it would not tolerate any violation of the One China policy, and any French military effort to do so would be met with equal force.

January 31, 2021
12:00 AM

(Image)
Official Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China

The People's Republic of China strongly condemns the continued French actions to incite rebellion in Taiwan Province by continuing to declare it independent. The aggression by France and its threats of military force will not be tolerated. We affirm our willingness to work towards reunification of Taiwan Province with the mainland.

The People's Republic of China further denies allegations recently sent in a message to the G20 that the People's Republic of China is on the verge of fighting in Taiwan Province. The People's Republic of China has been forced to ready itself and prepare against military threats posed by separatist groups and the French, but that does not constitute readying for war.

We urge the EU and the rest of the world to ask France to appeal to reason. We applaud Latvia for encouraging dialogue, and are open to it. In addition we applaud the brave effort of the Republic of Korea in condemning the French attempt to destabilize the Asia region and encouraging France to reverse course.

As a result of the clear aggression from France, the following actions will be taken. The People's Republic of China has unfortunately been forced to cease all trade relations with the Republic of France. No Chinese flagged vessel is to enter any French port, and Chinese companies and individuals are to engage in trade with any French company or individual. Furthermore, French companies are banned from China, and all assets belonging to the French government, French companies, or French citizens has been frozen. All Chinese investment in France will be withdrawn. In addition the 2019 30 billion Euro Airbus deal is now cancelled. The People's Republic of China will be looking to other companies to fill this gap.

This decision was not taken lightly. French exports to China amounted to $23.44 Billion, while Chinese exports to France were $59.56 Billion. French assets in China excluding property amount to well over $25 Billion, which will now be frozen. Chinese investment in France amounted to $6 Billion, and this too will be withdrawn. It is estimated France will now be losing out on an estimated $146 Billion dollars. The People's Republic of China urges France to reverse course before it is too late.

French citizens visiting China are encouraged to leave, however French citizens living in China and French diplomatic staff are welcome to stay.

The People's Republic of China calls upon its citizens to leave France immediately.

On the subject of Iran, the People's Republic of China urges for restraint on both sides and for diplomacy. Further, Chinese nationals living or visiting Iran are encouraged to find safe shelter, or return home.

Regarding our great ally, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the People's Republic of China applauds its work to bring peace to the Korean peninsula. The People's Republic of China to support the DPRK in this process. President Xi Jinping would like to congratulate Supreme Leader Kim Yo-jong in taking power, and grieves the death of the great Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un at the hands of treacherous rebels.

(Image)

The People's Republic of China stands by the DPRK in its process to denuclearize and is very willing to assist in removing the weapon-grade nuclear material from the peninsula and assuring the West. China is committed to the security of the DPRK and would be very willing to sign a mutual defense agreement. Further, we propose starting increased joint military cooperation and have increased Chinese investment into the DPRK's economy.

Sincerely,
President Xi Jinping

(Image)
To: Czechoslovakia
Encryption: Diplomatic

The People's Republic of China accepts your apology and is pleased the One China policy will not be breached. President Jinping has enjoyed a good friendship with President Zeman and would be open to increased collaboration between our governments economically.

Sincerely,
Foreign Minister Wang Yi

As tensions flared, Foreign Minister Wang Yi departed from Beijing for Tokyo, in a planned trip to meet with Japanese counterparts while Party Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Qi Yu would make his way to North Korea to discuss military ties. Elsewhere, Le Yucheng, Executive Vice Foreign Minister had been sent to Indonesia, on a mission to deescalate tensions in the Natuna region, and from there, he would travel to Pakistan to meet with allies to discuss the rising chances of conflict.

Paris,France
February 2,2021
French Parliament Building

President Emmanuel Macron walks into the French Parliament Building with 8 Presidential Security Agents protecting him. He knew it was the Chinese who was escalating things by increasing their military presence in the Strait of Taiwan and stopping trade with France. France will not bow to Chinese pressure whatsoever. the President thought. He entered the House of Deputies and sees every member of the French Parliament waiting on him to speak.

Emmanuel walks up to the podium in front of numerous TV cameras and begins speaking in French which will be translated into the numerous languages around the world,"To people of France and the world, I will be speaking to you on many topics today. The first topic I will be discussing is about the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China otherwise known as Taiwan. Just two days ago, the Communist regime in Beijing has decided freeze our assets in China,end trade relations with us and withdraw Chinese assets from France.I am very willing to discuss these matters with President Jinping in order lower tensions between our two great nations. We will back down for the moment but we will be increasing our trade with Taiwan,Japan,The Philippines and other SE Asian countries as well as establishing trade relations with the DPRK. To help with reestablishing trade between China and France, I hereby invite President Xi Jinping to Paris so that we may begin talks on trade. I apologize for causing the rise in tensions between our two nations. The second topic is concerning Iran. I hereby call for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss the attacks against ships in the Persian Gulf by elements of the Iranian Armed Forces and the shooting down of a Russian airline which had French Citizens aboard. Should Iran continue to attack British warships like what happened very recently then it is within the United Kingdom's to enact Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty which states that an attack on one member is an attack on all members which means that if Iran continues on this path then they will possibly be at war with most of Europe plus the United States and Canada. Due to increased tensions in the region,our military presence in Djibouti will be enhanced by an additional 4,000 troops plus equipment. My last topic will be about North Korea. The French Government is very happy with the new DPRK government's denuclearization,seeking detenté with the West and seeking peace with the ROK. My Administration will be watching these developments with interest. I bid you a good day or night wherever you may be." President Macron walks out of the chamber.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:44 pm

New Delhi

Terminal 3 of New Delhi Airport was shut down in preparation for the arrival of the Russian President and the Japanese Prime Minister. When the planes would land, they would be guided to the terminal, and the dignitaries would be greeted by Indian Honor Guards, and led into the terminal, where they would be offered refreshments. Following a short break, the Japanese PM would be led to the North of the city at the State Guesthouse, while Russian president Navalny would stay at another State Guesthouse near the Russian embassy in central Delhi. The next day, the summit was to be held at Race Course Road, where both leaders would meet PM Modi and talks were to be held.
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:55 am

TTN Radio
Goma,
Capital of ZRA Territory

The Mumbahu Brothers were seen in the radio station. The workers got out of their way as their bodyguards paved a way to the booths where the talks was to be held. Everyone was afraid of them and their warlords that they called their so called "Parliament". All they are were warlords that were charmed, bought, or conquered by the Mumbahu Brothers. As they walked into the booth, the radio host was stricken with fear but quickly got his composure as his producer switched to the monthly talks with their royalty.

After the music died down and the host made it known that their leadership was going to talk to them. After playing the Zaire National Anthem when Mobutu was still around. Afterwards the Mumbahu Brothers started to speak through the mic with the king, Richard.

Hello South Kivu, it is your king and prince who have liberated you from the clutches of corrupt Republicans. It is pleasing to see that the people of Eastern Congo also hears us! Our struggle against the Republican dogs and their UN Peacekeeping puppets still continues as they haven't made a move against us after we had kicked them out months ago. Understand that their goal to keep us contained has failed like so many of their attempts to quell the uprisings in the East of the Congo.

This is good for us of the ZRA! We have the most money flown towards both North and South Kivu and our miners the best equipped and paid outside of those who would exploit our people! We have given them a better standard of living in their villages and will continue to grow even more. We make this out to the people of South Kivu that the growing support.

Then the Prince, Alex spoke.

We have also started to see our influence spread to North Kivu despite the enclosure. This comes from the agreements that had been given to the locals for their support. One of the biggest is draws had come to our control of the international airport and ports to sell coltan at high profits. Many of the local tribes and villages had been relying on us more as the coltan sales are becoming more prevalent with the more industrious nations wish for more and more of the wealth of the Congo.

To those that are listing to us in North Kivu we ask those who wish to see prosperity that has been taken away from you in the puppets of the greedy and the exploiters. We offer protection, miners to have a standard wage and better living quality than anyone else can give. To those militias who are still undecided or are looking to join something more than the Republican armies to fight their own. Look for us, join us, and help us strive for a united nation. A united Kingdom of Zaire!
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:51 am

The White House Situation Room

As President Cruz entered the Situation Room the various military officers, secretaries, and aides stood up. Making it to his seat, President Cruz motioned for them to sit down as he did as well. Looking up to the screen he said "So I was told the Chinese went off the deep end? What exactly have they done?"

Taking a second to clear his throat, Secretary of Defense Mac Thornberry replied smoothly "Mr. President the Chinese have chosen to mobilize their reserves, armed police, and their naval militia in response to the French statements and actions in regards to Taiwan. Their actions have understandably put us on edge in the region. I have received a message from the South Koreans stating their interest in being involved in a joint maritime exercise as well as joint freedom of navigation exercise through the Taiwan Strait. I would recommend to you that we participate in both of those as well as increase our patrols in the South China Sea. I would also recommend we put all forces in the region to DEFCON 3."

President Cruz sat back as he processed the information. Mulling it over for a moment he replied "Make it so." Turning to his Secretary of State, Marsha Blackburn and said to her "Marsha, I want us to start working closely with regional nations on a larger joint response. I also want a statement put out condemning China's reaction sent out from my desk."

International Waters in the East China Sea

In response to the Chinese actions regarding French statements, the US and South Korean's had quickly pulled together a joint maritime exercise to be followed with a Freedom of Navigation Operation through the Taiwan Strait. With this, Captain Fred Goldhammer now found himself and the rest of CSG 5 sitting in international waters in the East China Sea alongside a South Korean CBG comprised of the ROKS Marado, three Sejong the Greats class, two Yi Sun-sin's class, one Gwangaeto class, two Incheons class, and two Son Won-ils class ships making up their component.

The multinational group was set to conduct a ship to ship and ship to air exercise over a few hours time before combining into one fleet and conducting a large but routine freedom of navigation operation in Taiwan straight in order to send a clear but normal response to the recent aggressive actions by the PRC. Captain Goldhammer just hoped that the Chinese didn't do anything out of line in response to the bilateral operation he was helping oversee.

Diplomacy

Statement from the President of the United States of America

The recent events in North Korea are promising for the future of the peninsula and the world as a whole. I applaud the actions taken by Kim Yo-jong in her first steps in power. I believe that denuclearization and demilitarization are key aspects in any future peaceful resolution to the Korean issue. In light of these actions, I would like to propose a meeting between myself and Kim Yo-jong either in D.C. or in Pyongyang at a mutually beneficial date. With this being said I must unequivocally reaffirm our support and friendship with South Korea and the United States will continue to work closely with our allies in Seoul

-Ted Cruz
President of the United States of America
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:46 pm

National Assembly Building
Seoul, Gyeonggi Province
Republic of Korea
3 February 2021
1500 Local Time

“With the French backing down from the Taiwan question, why do we continue to expand joint operations with the United States in the East China Sea?” Joo Ho-young was, once again, grandstanding for his constituents. “The North still poses a danger to us and we have shipped half our blue-water fleet to the Persian Gulf and the other half is hanging out with the US Navy near Taiwan. What has happened to this nation?”

“What has happened,” Kim Tae-nyeon replied, “is this nation has an opportunity for real peace with the North as well as the power to finally begin repaying the world for its kindness and support since 1950.” Park Byeong-seug waved for Tae-nyeon to continue as he leaned back in his chair, recalling with some exasperation that this would mark the seventh time Ho-young and Tae-nyeon had used the floor of the National Assembly for this particular form of verbal sparring.

Tae-nyeon continued his explanation, “For more than seventy years, this nation has had two things to rely on. The threat of North Korean invasion and the generosity of the United Nations. We now stand at the door to a new age, an age where future generations will not have to live with weekly invasion drills and chemical warfare drills. An age where we are able to give back to the international community that has given us so much. An age where, for the first time in centuries, Korea is able to make decisions for Korea.” He turned to face the assembly. “It is true, we have sent a task force to the Persian Gulf and another to Taiwan. But these were not decisions made in haste. Korean trade relies heavily upon the Persian Gulf being in stable hands and the current Iranian regime threatens that. Korea also relies heavily on the existing status quo in the region and the Chinese mobilization has done more to threaten that than anyone could have anticipated when this sorry situation began. Through these actions we have accomplished several things. First, we have shown the world that we are willing to devote enormous resources to maintaining stability both in our own region and in distant parts of the world. Second, we have shown the Iranians that their actions will have far greater consequences than they initially believed. Third, we have shown the Chinese that, although we did not support French recognition of Taiwan nor do we support Taiwanese independence, we do support the current balance of power in the region, a balance that has been tipped precariously by the Chinese mobilization. And, finally, we have shown the North that we are willing to move forward with peace negotiations in good faith by removing the possibility of landing forces deep into North Korean territory.”

Ho-young snapped back, “In your efforts to impress the international community, did you not consider the possibility that these actions would leave us vulnerable and further upset the balance of power? Without our most powerful warships, we give the North ample advantage that they can use to invade. And, with a task force near Taiwan, we give the Chinese more reason to continue their mobilization. Are you oblivious to this?”

Tae-nyeon shook his head. “I am not blind to the dangers, Mister Joo. However, I am also not blind to the benefits of action and the dangers of inaction. Tell me, Mister Joo, what is stopping the Iranians from shooting down a Korean airliner or sinking a Korean oil tanker? They’ve already demonstrated that they are willing to attack nations with nuclear arsenals and potent military forces that are in their geographical backyard. If we do nothing, what stops them from attacking us next? And while our exercise with the United States is likely to cause tensions with the Chinese, it will also force the Chinese to carefully consider their response. Any overt military response to this exercise would spark a war between China and the US, which would draw in the entire NATO alliance and likely many other countries. I can assure you that, despite your fears, the Chinese do not wish to fire the first shots of World War Three anymore than the United States or the Soviet Union did during the Cold War.”

Ho-young shouted back, “Do you think your assurances matter! The North lies! The Chinese lie! They have no interest in peace, no interest in coexistence! Our only protection is to have our military here, at home!”

Tae-nyeon nodded. “It is true that my assurances mean little. Which is why the President is extending an invitation to the new Supreme Leader.”

The room went silent with the shock of the announcement. It wasn’t a secret that the Government wanted to be proactive in the new peace process. However, no one had thought that the President would ask the leader of the North to visit South Korea. Tae-nyeon looked around the room quickly, noticing the urgent yet hushed conversations between various MPs. A stark contrast, he thought, to the look of stunned disbelief mixed with outrage that was plastered upon Ho-young’s face. Rather than continue, he waited for a few moments to allow the members to recover from the bombshell he had delivered.

Ho-young recovered first, or so it seemed. With a face red with rage, it was clear that he was allowing emotion to govern him. “YOU WOULD DARE TO INVITE THE ENEMY TO THIS CITY? HOW DARE YOU! THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED! UNACCEPTABLE! ENTIRELY WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION!”

“Please, Mister Joo,” Byeong-seug said, “remain calm. As unprecedented as it is, the Government does have the authority to invite and meet with foreign delegations. Mister Kim, please continue.”

“Thank you, Mister Speaker.” Tae-nyeon shuffled some notes and said, “As I was saying, the President intends to invite Supreme Leader Kim Yo-jong as a show of good faith. The North has made their own moves, releasing captives taken by infiltrators over the last few days. Now it is our turn. By inviting the Supreme Leader, the President hopes to show our people as well as the North that we are serious about peace. This meeting will also serve as an opportunity for a negotiating team to begin work on a peace agreement to end the war and bring about the demilitarization of the peninsula. We have before us the opportunity to bring about the most fundamental shift in international relations since the end of the Cold War while, in the same stroke, freeing our people from the spectre of war. Is that not worth a little pride?”

Tae-nyeon waited a moment and then said, “In keeping with the President’s desire to push forward with negotiating peace, I move that we authorize funding for the formation and sustainment of a committee with the purpose of negotiating peace and demilitarization with the North.”

A man rose from the back and shouted, “I SECOND THE MOTION!” Byeong-seug tapped his gavel and said, “A motion has been made and seconded so it shall come to a vote. Please indicate your vote on your keypad.” The voting took hardly two minutes. Tae-nyeon walked back to his chair as Ho-young did, quickly tapping the green button that indicated a vote in favor. A few seconds later, Byeong-seug tapped his gavel again.

“All votes are in,” the Speaker said, lifting a tablet and adjusting his glasses. “The tally stands at 200 in favor, 71 opposed, 29 abstentions. The motion passes. A committee shall be formed and charged with negotiating peace and demilitarization with the North. We are adjourned for the day.”

Yongsan Garrison
Seoul
3 February 2021
1845 Local Time

Captain Park Soo-ah dropped to the ground beneath a pull-up bar, her white physical training shirt soaked with sweat. As she looked around, she could see other soldiers from the battalion going through their end of duty routines. A cluster of NCOs talking behind a truck, probably about a combination of family and work. A group of fresh-faced conscripts laughing about some new pop culture fad as they jogged to their barracks. Most of them were on their way home, either to family housing or the barracks. Soo-ah, on the other hand, stepped out from under the pull-up bars and grabbed a pair of kettle-bells, getting ready for her set of squats.

Just as she started to go down for her first repetition, a voice called out behind her. “CAPTAIN PARK!” She stopped, straightening up as the weights dropped to the turf at her feet, and looked over her shoulder. Private First Class Kim Seo-jun trotted over to her, trailing behind him a Junior Lieutenant with a sea bag slung over his shoulder. Kim came to a halt a few feet away and saluted smartly. Soo-ah returned the salute a bit sloppier than she would have liked. “Pleasant evening, Private?” Seo-jun nodded, “Yes, ma’am. Quite pleasant. I was gonna head straight home, have dinner with my wife. However, this new Lieutenant seemed lost and was looking for you, so I led the way.”
Soo-ah looked at the young, confused looking officer for a second before saying, “Well, thanks for bringing him along, Kim. I won’t keep you any longer. Go home.” Seo-jun smiled and offered a sharp salute, which Soo-ah returned more sharply than before, now that she had caught her breath.

As the private trotted away, Soo-ah turned to the newcomer. “So, what brings you looking for me this evening?” The Lieutenant dropped his sea bag and saluted, shouting, “Junior Lieutenant Lee Ji-tae, reporting for duty!” Soo-ah returned his salute and held out her hand, “Your orders, Lieutenant?” The young man almost tripped over his sea bag as he pulled them out of his pocket and handed them over with exaggerated deference, likely brought on by nerves. Soo-ah accepted them and unfolded the pages, saying, “You realize that close of business was forty-five minutes ago, right?”
“Yes, ma’am,” Ji-tae said, a hint of fear in his voice. Soo-ah didn’t look up, continuing to read his orders. What she was wanting from the Lieutenant was an explanation. A reason why he had forced her drone operator to not only interrupt his own evening routine but hers as well. But the Lieutenant was as green as could be and was still operating under school rules. “Speaking only when asked a question may work in the schoolhouse, Lieutenant but this is a line unit,” Soo-ah said calmly, raising her eyes to look at Ji-tae. The Lieutenant remained silent, though his eyes were darting around like a mouse trying to track too many cats. She folded the orders and placed a hand on her hip. “You delayed my D-O from getting home to his pregnant wife and interrupted my workout. What I’m currently waiting for is an explanation as to why.”
“W-well, um, my flight from, uh, OCS was delayed. My cab from the airport ran into traffic on the way here.” Soo-ah nodded as he finished and searched his face. The kid was visibly shaken, likely expecting her to rip his head off. Instead, she opened his orders up again and said, “That’s all I needed to know. Shit happens, Lieutenant. As an officer, your job is to improvise a solution when that happens that gets as many of your men back to their families as possible.” She folded the orders and handed them back to him. “Follow me, Lieutenant Lee. Let’s get you squared away.”

A few moments later, they were inside the battalion headquarters building and Soo-ah led the way to an office labeled “Commander, A Co 3-2Armored ‘Hunter’”. Soo-ah sat down behind her desk and booted up her computer. “Sit down, Lieutenant. We’re just gonna shoot off a quick email to Sergeant Ga and then I’m gonna go over your assignment and SOP.” She tapped at her keyboard rapidly, crafting in a few moments an email that explained to Sergeant Ga the urgent need to handle the intake of a new Lieutenant and then hit send.

“Alright,” she said, leaning back in her chair and stretching, “According to your orders, you’re going to be taking over Third Platoon. Lieutenant Park was a good officer and well respected so you’ll have some big shoes to fill. However, there is a good cadre of NCOs so you’ll be in good hands. As I mentioned earlier, we are a line unit. Every day starts at zero four with PT and ends whenever training is done. Some days it’s simple maintenance and classroom instruction. Most of the time, though, it’s practical instruction in the simulator or in the field.” She leaned forward. “It’s looking like there may actually be a chance of peace but they said that last year. That ended with Kim blowing up the Liaison building and doubling down on his nuclear program. The new “Supreme Leader” appears to be cut from a different cloth but I’d advise you not to hold your breath. I’ll introduce you to the guys tomorrow. Just remember it’s zero-four in PTs tomorrow. Don’t be late.”

Ji-tae nodded his understanding and Soo-ah rose before offering a handshake. “Welcome to the Three-Two.”

Republic of Korea
February 2021

Negotiations
For the first time in 70 years, peace is a distinct, visible possibility. The Committee for the Negotiation of Peace and Demilitarization with the North was something that hadn't been seen before, even in the negotiations of 2019 and 2020. Fifteen experienced negotiators would meet their northern counterparts in Panmunjom while Moon Jae-in and Kim Yo-jong met in Seoul. The basic goal for 2021 was a roughly 30% reduction in forces. The South would commit to demobilizing 179,700 regulars and retiring 1,755 armored fighting vehicles, 3,401 artillery pieces, 2,109 missile defense systems, 3,900 infantry support systems, 45 ships, and 135 aircraft. In return, it was expected that the North would engage in a proportional reduction of 384,000 regulars, 2,040 armored fighting vehicles, 2,580 artillery guns, 1,650 rocket projectors, 234 ships, 287 aircraft, and 1,508 air and missile defense systems. The South would also insist on the complete dismantling of the North’s WMD program under UN observation and a 50% reduction in the KPA Strategic Force.

Few in the South held more than slight hope for these negotiations. Many times in the past hopes had been raised that peace was on the horizon, only to be dashed when agreements could not be reached on the most insignificant of issues. It was clear to all, however, that the North was marching to a different tune. They had released prisoners that before they never acknowledged holding. They had announced an end to nuclear tests and their willingness to surrender their nuclear program, which was more than the previous regime had even come close to. Perhaps there was reason for hope in these negotiations after all. Only time would tell.

A Breakdown of the Republic of Korea’s Armed Forces, cont’d

With the danger of being outnumbered in any war with the North, the South had long decided to give their more limited men the best equipment they possibly could. This had started in the 1980s with the adoption of the K1 tank and the K series of smaller arms like the K1 machine pistol, K2 assault rifle, the K3 and K15 light machine guns, K4 grenade launcher, K5 pistol, and others. The development of small arms for the ROKA had reached a pinnacle in 2010 with the adoption of the K11 Dual-barrel Air-burst Weapon. However, the system had experienced several issues which took until 2017 to fully correct. As a weapon with a fully integrated assault rifle and grenade launcher using the same trigger group, many issues involving the selector switch, range finder, and the grenades themselves presented themselves in Afghanistan in 2011. Daewoo recalled the already issued weapons and began a process of extended field testing in Korea and in AOs in Somalia, South Sudan, Lebanon, and the UAE. By 2017 they had begun issuing the A1 model, which fixed the majority of the issues. However, a slight issue with the grenades remained, mostly dealing with the fuses. That issue was solved by 2019 and by 2020 production had begun in earnest. Two men in each rifle squad would be issued the K-11 and tasked with supporting the grenadiers and automatic riflemen during the assault phase of an operation.
In 2013, KOCSW (Korean Objective Crew Served Weapon) was the source of controversy regarding possible cancellation. However, S&T Dynamics spent 2013 and 2014 adjusting the weapon to meet requirements and it returned to field tests in 2015. By 2016 it reached some units deployed overseas and was tested in Somalia and South Sudan. It was formally adopted as the K13 in 2018 after a final revision fixed the fuse for the airburst munitions. Much like the American OCSW program, the KOCSW can be swiftly transitioned from a 25mm airburst weapon to a 12.7mm heavy machine gun. However, the low rate of fire has been criticized by many and has led to the 25mm configuration being the most commonly employed. A feature of its development was that, while being lighter in weight than the previous American M2, it could share the same mountings. As such, it would be issued as an emplaced weapon at military bases and on vehicles that would otherwise rely on machine guns and rifle fire for protection, vehicles like the KW1 ACV and K151 Light Tactical Vehicle.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

Against: Communism, Socialism, Fascism, Liberalism, Theocracy, Corporatocracy.

By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 am

August 1st Building, Beijing
February 2, 2021

President Xi shook his head, watching the news as French President Macron finished he speech. General Zuocheng turned off the TV. "Damn fool can't even apologize without completely insulting us. Hopefully he is more competent with Minister Yi. Did you see the UN French fiasco?"

Xi nodded. "The People's Republic has never actually had to invade Taiwan Province. An ambition, but not a need. France is changing that. However at the time being, we should not confront either directly."

General Zuocheng agreed, "Yes sir. We can use asymmetrical means though. France just deployed more troops to their base in Djibouti. Why don't we... mess with them a little?"

Xi waved his hand. "I don't care about that, you can lead that effort..."

Admiral Hua ran into the meeting room. "Sir, the American Carrier Group we were keeping tabs on... it has entered the strait along with ROK forces."

Xi inquired, "We have our carrier groups in the region correct?"

"Yes sir, returning from drills in the South China Sea." replied Hua.

Xi pointed towards a map, "Can we intercept the Americans?"

"Sir the Americans are just nearing the strait, we can intercept them in the middle. What are you suggesting?"

Xi smiled. "This will be the first time in history that China is capable of stopping an American Carrier Group when it transits the strait. For the time being, it is best the Americans leave, so we will not stop their forces, just remind them of our presence, and our capabilities... Send up planes to monitor the American's movements from a distance until our carriers can intercept."

Taiwan Strait
February 2, 2021

The Chinese Carrier Fleet, consisting of the PLANS Liaoning and PLANS Shandong, sailed just 30 miles from the American and Korean ships, supported by 1 Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock, 4 Type 055 Destroyers, 1 Type 052B Destroyer, 2 Type 051C Destroyers, 5 Type 052D Destroyers, 3 Type 054 Frigates, 2 Type 093 Attack Submarines, 3 Type 039 Attack Submarines, 12 Type 056 Corvettes, and 2 Type 901 Fast Combat Support Ships. Alongside sailed a Haixun Class Cutter from the Coast Guard.

Senior Captain Lai Yijun gave the order and from the Shandong flew 4 Shenyang J-15 fighters, taking to the air around the battle group. Now as the American and South Korean forces neared, the escorts made a battle formation around the carriers crewmen ordered to be at ready. The fleet now positioned itself directly in front of the opposing forces and the standoff begun. Yijun had direct orders from the CMC to not stop the Americans or Koreans from transiting the strait, but the enemy would not know that, and it would be up to them to decide how this went down.

They would have two options, go around the Chinese fleet or turn back. Knowing the Americans, they would press on, but then again, they had retreated before, and Beijing now sat ready to test them.

February 8, 2021

The People's Republic of China is very pleased to assist the DPRK economically, militarily, and with de-nuclearization. We are prepared to send in a team of experts to remove and disarm nuclear warheads and material, which will be disposed of here in proper facilities in China. We also are ready to increase military aide and encourage the proper officials to come to Beijing to discuss this matter as well as economics.

Together we shall bring peace to Asia as well as honor to North Korea

Sincerely,
President Xi Jinping
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse