NATION

PASSWORD

2021: A New Decade (OOC:Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Langenia wrote:Can we link the IC in the OP? It would make things easier for me.

it's right beneath the banner.

I see. Thx for letting me know.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am

Langenia wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:it's right beneath the banner.

I see. Thx for letting me know.

No problem.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Revlona wrote:
The Vaktovian Empire wrote:Newest version of the map, Version 1.2, showing addition of China, I manually added the Diaoyu Islands as well as the South China Sea Islands, but did not color the South China Sea Islands as there are so many and if we get more Southeast Asia players they're just going to be disputed anyway. Diaoyu Islands colored red as they're disputed between China and Japan. Taiwan colored half red as its disputed with the PRC but we know it's an independent government.....

https://i.ibb.co/Sd5jbqd/2021-A-New-Decade.png

Senkaku*

btw are you disputing Takeshima Island with North and South Korea?
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 pm

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
Revlona wrote:
Senkaku*

btw are you disputing Takeshima Island with North and South Korea?

That dispute has cooled down recently but I might bring it back at some point

So, not actively disputing it like the Kurils, but its still a thing yes
Lover of doggos

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:34 pm

OP might want to update the roster, as well as add a little section on the IC listing major ongoing events so new people won’t be confused
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:36 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:OP might want to update the roster, as well as add a little section on the IC listing major ongoing events so new people won’t be confused

Wait—this is just a query but are we allowed to RP sporting championships/events? I’ve never really considered it but it might help give scenery to a conversation about Catalonia I am considering.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Bentus wrote:Nationstates Name: Bentus
Nation Name: The Commonwealth of Australia

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Versail wrote:Nationstates Name: Versail
Nation Name: Bundesrepublik Deutschland.

Ahhh shit just got interesting very quickly. :eyebrow:

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
The Hindustani State wrote:OP might want to update the roster, as well as add a little section on the IC listing major ongoing events so new people won’t be confused

Wait—this is just a query but are we allowed to RP sporting championships/events? I’ve never really considered it but it might help give scenery to a conversation about Catalonia I am considering.

I don't see why you wouldn't. I would just double check and confer with OP. As for your app, could you [url] the images of the leaders so it's a little easier on the eyes. Definitely nice to have Spain and Germany in the mix.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:Wait—this is just a query but are we allowed to RP sporting championships/events? I’ve never really considered it but it might help give scenery to a conversation about Catalonia I am considering.

I don't see why you wouldn't. I would just double check and confer with OP. As for your app, could you [url] the images of the leaders so it's a little easier on the eyes. Definitely nice to have Spain and Germany in the mix.

It was gonna be a heated affair; either Real Madrid - FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League Final or El Classico.
I’m confused about the url tags?

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Nationstates Name:
Nation Name: Islamic Republic of Iran
Capital: Tehran
Territory: Iran
Population: 81,800,000
Official Language: Persian

Head of State: Supreme Leader Ali Khameni
HoS Picture:(Image)
Head of Government: President Masoumeh Ebtekar
HoG Picture (If different from HoS):
Legislature Name: Islamic Consultative Assembly
Party in Power (If bicameral note who controls each): Principlists

GDP (nominal): $458 billion
Major Trade Partners: China and India
Major Exports: petroleum, fruits and nuts, automobiles
Major Imports: consumer goods, foodstuffs, industrial raw materials
Oil Production: 4,469,000
Oil Consumption: 2,000,000
Proven Oil Reserves: 158,400,000,000
Defense Budget (USD): $19.6 billion
Alliances:

Military Branches (Just list names of official Armed Forces Branches):
Army
Revolutionary Guard
Law Enforcement

Active Duty: 523,000
Reserve Duty: 350,000
Total Manpower: 873,000

Tanks: 2,056
AFVs: 4,300
SPA: 570
Towed Artillery: 2,088
Rocket Projectors: 1,935

Fighters: 155
Dedicated Attack: 23
Transports: 62
Trainers: 94
Special Mission: 9
Helicopters:100
Attack Helicopters: 12

Aircraft Carriers: 0
Destroyers: 0
Frigates: 7
Corvettes: 3
Submarines: 34
Patrol: 342
Mine Warfare: 8

Other Military Information:

History Changes (Subject to review and approval by OP and Co-OP):
- In the 2013 Presidential election, Tehran City councilwoman Masoumeh Ebtekar became the first woman approved by the Guardian Council to run as a candidate for the Alliance of Builders of Iran. She would end up narrowly defeating Mohsen Rezaee in the general election.

- President Masoumeh Ebtekar's tenure has been one of balancing a hardline foreign policy and a slightly green environmental policy. Her administration has been criticized by environmentalists as "paying lip service" to environmentalist issues such as renewable energy, officially pledging that the nation will have 25% of all it's electricity needs provided by solar and wind power. However, her pockets are rather full with the profits of Iranian oil companies, so those Iranian greens concerned about global warming feel backstabbed by these actions. She has seen the Syrian Civil War as the perfect opportunity to extend the shia religion and influence, especially in opposition to the sunni states of Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
Hezbollah has seen massive amounts of funding and discrete weapon sales courtesy of the Ebtekar Administration, so relations with the "little satan" are the same low point as usual.

As for relations with the "Greater Satan", her controversial role as the spokeswoman for students in the Iranian Hostage Crisis has made Uncle Sam rather pissed off. Not like she wanted to open full diplomatic relations with the US anyways. Her administration, in coordination with the Supreme Leader, has instead opted for full relations with China and Pakistan, China for the sheer potential in financial profit and Pakistan for a purported "steadfastness against the Indian Devils." This has also meant that relations with India are worse.

Do not remove - Alpha42

Barring any questions, comments, complaints, concerns from OP or the other Co-OP, I see nothing wrong with this app.. Gets the upvote from me.

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Alliances:

Army
Revolutionary Guard
Law Enforcement

- In the 2013 Presidential election, Tehran City councilwoman Masoumeh Ebtekar became the first woman approved by the Guardian Council to run as a candidate for the Alliance of Builders of Iran. She would end up narrowly defeating Mohsen Rezaee in the general election.

- President Masoumeh Ebtekar's tenure has been one of balancing a hardline foreign policy and a slightly green environmental policy. Her administration has been criticized by environmentalists as "paying lip service" to environmentalist issues such as renewable energy, officially pledging that the nation will have 25% of all it's electricity needs provided by solar and wind power. However, her pockets are rather full with the profits of Iranian oil companies, so those Iranian greens concerned about global warming feel backstabbed by these actions. She has seen the Syrian Civil War as the perfect opportunity to extend the shia religion and influence, especially in opposition to the sunni states of Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
Hezbollah has seen massive amounts of funding and discrete weapon sales courtesy of the Ebtekar Administration, so relations with the "little satan" are the same low point as usual.

As for relations with the "Greater Satan", her controversial role as the spokeswoman for students in the Iranian Hostage Crisis has made Uncle Sam rather pissed off. Not like she wanted to open full diplomatic relations with the US anyways. Her administration, in coordination with the Supreme Leader, has instead opted for full relations with China and Pakistan, China for the sheer potential in financial profit and Pakistan for a purported "steadfastness against the Indian Devils." This has also meant that relations with India are worse.

Do not remove - Alpha42

Barring any questions, comments, complaints, concerns from OP or the other Co-OP, I see nothing wrong with this app.. Gets the upvote from me.

I sense a clash in the Middle East between Turkey and Iran.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:48 pm

Alliances:

Army
Revolutionary Guard
Law Enforcement

Do not remove - Alpha42

Planes but no airforce?

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:

Planes but no airforce?

As I'm reading here on Wikipedia, it seems both the Air Force and Navy are branches of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army. They, unlike the U.S or other contemporary Western military makeups, are not however, a separate entity.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Langenia wrote:

I sense a clash in the Middle East between Turkey and Iran.

I have a plan in place to mobilize U.K efforts against both the Islamic state and a possible joint U.S-U.K Operation to stabilize and constitutionalize a new government for Lebanon, which if we're going off of RL contemporary history, currently is a failed state. As such, the U.K will be active in both theaters and the Middle East in general, as either N.A.T.O or a U.N Peacekeeping mission.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:Planes but no airforce?

As I'm reading here on Wikipedia, it seems both the Air Force and Navy are branches of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army. They, unlike the U.S or other contemporary Western military makeups, are not however, a separate entity.

*western mind blown*

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:03 pm

The free trade offer is exactly what Modi needs right now, in order for the huge reform law to work it needs foreign investors alongside domestic enterprise

Could Modi be interviewed by the BBC or CNN to “promote” the bill to foreign audiences?
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Alliances:

Army
Revolutionary Guard
Law Enforcement

Do not remove - Alpha42

I also think this application looks good.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:21 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:The free trade offer is exactly what Modi needs right now, in order for the huge reform law to work it needs foreign investors alongside domestic enterprise

Could Modi be interviewed by the BBC or CNN to “promote” the bill to foreign audiences?

Absolutely my friend. Any details you’d like to discuss feel free to TG. Happy you are interested in the offer.

Greater Liverpool
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Liverpool » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Nationstates Name: Greater Liverpool
Nation Name: Federative Republic of Brazil
An orthodox convert who doesn't support Russia

Slava Ukraini

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Roster is updated. Reservations have been added as well!
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Chewion wrote:Roster is updated. Reservations have been added as well!

Was my app accepted?

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:16 pm

Can I change around somethings with France?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Nationstates Name: Bentus
Nation Name: Commonwealth of Australia
Capital: Canberra (Australian Capital Territory)
Territory: All present day Australian claims
Population: 25,702,200
Official Language: English

Head of State: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
HoS Picture:
Head of Government: Spencer Ryan (fictional, I don’t like directly RPing real people where possible)
Legislature Name: Federal Parliament of Australia
Party in Power (If bicameral note who controls each):

Senate
Government (Minority)
Labor - 34

Opposition
Liberal - 22
National - 4

Crossbench
Greens - 10
Center Alliance - 1
One Nation - 2
Independent - 3

House of Representatives
Government (Majority)
Labor - 83

Opposition
Liberal - 54
National - 8
Liberal National - 1

Crossbench
Greens -1
One Nation - 1
KAP - 1
Independent - 2

GDP (nominal): USD 1.434 trillion (2018)
Major Trade Partners (in goods):
Main Export Partners:
China (32.6%)
Japan (13.1%)
South Korea (5.9%)
United States (5.3%)
New Zealand (3.4%)

Main Import Partners:
China (19.4%)
United States (12.3%)
Japan (6.4%)
Germany (4.5%)
Thailand (4.1%)
United Kingdom (4.0%)

Major Exports: Iron Ore, Coal, Natural Gas, Gold, Aluminium, Beef, Crude Petroleum, Copper, Meat (non-beef)
Major Imports: Petroleum, Cars, Telecoms, Goods Vehicles, Computers, Medicaments, Gold, Civil Engineering equipment, Furniture
Oil Production: 373,728 bpd
Oil Consumption: 1,114,645 bpd
Proven Oil Reserves: 1,193,000,000 barrels
Defense Budget (USD): $38.7 billion
Alliances: ANZUS, ANZUK, Five Power Defence Arrangements, UKUSA (Five Eyes)

Military Branches (Just list names of official Armed Forces Branches): Australian Army, Royal Australian Navy, Royal Australian Air Force

Active Duty: 59,095
Reserve Duty: 28,878
Total Manpower: 10,808,002

Tanks: 59
AFVs: 3,051
SPA: 0
Towed Artillery: 54
Rocket Projectors: 0

Fighters: 82
Dedicated Attack: 6
Transports: 38
Trainers: 174
Special Mission: 31
Helicopters: 133
Attack Helicopters: 22

Aircraft Carriers: 2 (GFP definition, I’d call them Amphibious Assault Ships instead)
Destroyers: 2
Frigates: 8
Corvettes: 0
Submarines: 6
Patrol: 13
Mine Warfare: 6

Other Military Information: As a regional power, the Australian military has limited power projection capabilities without the support of its close international allies. Regardless, the Australian Defence Forces (ADF) are an experienced and professional military organization composed of a well-trained and well-equipped volunteer force. In terms of recruitment, the ADF allows for men, women, and those of any gender or sexuality to serve in any role.

Due to its small size and the abolition of any form of mandatory conscription, the ADF has sought to operate with a high degree of efficiency and a pragmatic outlook towards its goals and capabilities. The Army emphasises mobility and flexibility with its use of high numbers of IFVs and AFVs compared to lower numbers of Main Battle Tanks, which may be difficult to supply and maintain in a campaign within the Australian outback.

Similarly, the Navy’s doctrine eschews large, costly, and vulnerable vessels such as full-scale aircraft carriers and instead concentrates on maintaining a technologically advanced and trained submariner force as a deterrent against larger and more powerful threats. This submarine force is currently undergoing refurbishment, with 12 of a new class of nuclear submarines (changed from irl where the ADF requested conventional versions) derived from the French Barracuda.

Although the lack of any large carriers limits the RAAF’s power projection capabilities, Australia’s Air Force plays a prominent role in patrolling its large borders. Although relatively small in size, airmen operate advanced aircraft and regularly train to be ready to operate closely with and in support of allied forces overseas.

The predicted Labor wave in the 2019 federal election brought an end to the short-lived Coalition government of Scott Morrison. Running on a platform of national investment, job creation, and resolving the energy crisis in Australia, Labor Party leader Spencer Ryan was named as the nation’s newest Prime Minister after leading his party in opposition for three years. The immediate aftermath of the dramatic loss left the Liberal-National Coalition reeling, albeit unsurprised at the expected outcome. Aligning themselves behind Scott Morrison as the new opposition, it looked like the Coalition would seek to establish itself as a vocal opponent to ambitious climate policies while claiming that such efforts would undermine the wellbeing of coal miners in Australia’s heartland.

This new political axis looked set to define Prime Minister Ryan’s first term, until the 2019-2020 bushfire season became known as Black Summer. Thirty-Four people lost their lives, more than $100 billion of economic damage was incurred, and the smoke spread as far as South America. The brutal fire season left the nation reeling, while donations from around the world poured in to support the struggling communities. Footage of Australian navy vessels, acting under the menacing orange glow of an all-encompassing inferno, evacuating hundreds who had been trapped on a beach, shocked the small nation into action. Suddenly, climate change became the dominant political issues.

Farmers who had first faced unending droughts, and now saw their livelihood torched by flames, demanded action. Support for more solar and renewable power peaked to more than 90% - from 80% prior to the fires - and the Coalition found itself caught between its traditional constituencies of coal mining towns and farmers. After its bruising defeat at the polls, the political alliance found itself facing internal squabbles as moderate members of the Liberal Party called for them to cooperate with the Ryan government - led by former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. In contrast, the Nationals accused their Coalition partners of abandoning their members and the inter-Party mudslinging quickly became ugly.

Ryan is credited with having taken advantage of the tumultuous period in national politics, choosing to reach across the aisle to disenfranchised Liberal Members rather than attempt to force through more extreme agendas. Increased government spending, and a bipartisan effort to reinstate Malcolm Turnbull’s National Energy Guarantee were clear policy accomplishments, and there is increasing momentum behind calls for Australia to join many of its contemporaries in setting 2050 as a target for zero emissions. The signing of the CANZUK agreement was also hailed as a noteworthy foreign policy triumph for the government.

However, the future still looks uncertain - both on the domestic and international fronts. Increasing tensions between China and America have left Australia caught between its primary ally, and its main trading partner. Britain’s exit from the EU, while leading to closer relations between the Commonwealth nations, has significantly weakened the “second pillar of the West” at a time when the international order appears less secure than ever. Locally, Ryan faces down growing discontent from the powerful Union movement, which grows increasingly displeased that the Labor Party hasn’t used its majority to press its interests. It’s yet to be seen whether Ryan’s efforts to pitch himself as a centrist and a moderate will be enough to ward off attacks from the left wing of his own party.

Do not remove - Alpha42
Last edited by Bentus on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:56 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Can I change around somethings with France?

I am pretty certain the French player has dropped out. Feel free to craft up an app and if he comes back we may ask he defer to another nation potentially.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse