NATION

PASSWORD

2021: A New Decade (OOC:Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
Monsone wrote:
The critical issue is getting the carrier from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean through the Bosphorus Strait since the Admiral Kuznetsov was only able to get through because it technically isn't an aircraft carrier and instead a heavy aircraft carrier cruiser. The Ulyanovksy would have had many more issues getting through the straits.

And making the ship conventional powered is possible, though it would be very expensive to do so since the Ulyanovsk was meant to be a blue-water aircraft carrier with a long cruise endurance and a nuclear reactor.

This, in addition to you are I assume referring to the [url=Ulyanovsk]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_aircraft_carrier_Ulyanovsk[/url] that was laid down in Ukraine? I agree on it would be quite difficult to have gotten it thru the straits.

Well it was meant to go through the straights anyways right?

Being laid down in ukraine and a blue water vessel
Lover of doggos

Fossia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fossia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:50 am

Langenia wrote:
Fossia wrote:I'm well versed in turkish politics, I believe I can help, what exactly were you looking for in your leader?

Someone centre-right or right, not Islamist like Erdogan, middle-aged perhaps?

Hmmm.... alr this is a little difficult, in Turkey the right is defined by its being islamist. The closest thing to a centrist party would be the current opposition party RPP (turkish abbreviation CHP), what you could do is have a minority government with the CHP in power and so to pass anything, they have to dumb it down to make it more centrist so that the AK Party (erdogan's party) will pass it.

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am

Revlona wrote:
The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
This, in addition to you are I assume referring to the [url=Ulyanovsk]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_aircraft_carrier_Ulyanovsk[/url] that was laid down in Ukraine? I agree on it would be quite difficult to have gotten it thru the straits.

Well it was meant to go through the straights anyways right?

Right. I think the Soviets called them "aviation cruisers" so they could pass through the straits.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am

Fossia wrote:
Langenia wrote:

Hmmm.... alr this is a little difficult, in Turkey the right is defined by its being islamist. The closest thing to a centrist party would be the current opposition party RPP (turkish abbreviation CHP), what you could do is have a minority government with the CHP in power and so to pass anything, they have to dumb it down to make it more centrist so that the AK Party (erdogan's party) will pass it.

I think I'll stay with Erdogan then.
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:51 am

Revlona wrote:Well it was meant to go through the straights anyways right?

It was, but it was built at a time when the USSR existed, and if the options were letting the ship pass or war, the former would be chosen by Turkey and NATO. The biggest issue is the legal status of the ship since it is legally too large to cross as an aircraft carrier, and Turkey doesn't have the same power and authority as the USSR would have to let the ship pass.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am

Fossia wrote:
Langenia wrote:

Actually you have the Ya Kanal Ya İstanbul (either Canal or Istambul) project that is campaigned by CHP mayor Ekrem Imamoğlu right now. If Erdoğan bulids that canal, he's probably going to lose the support of voters in the Istanbul metropolitan area. There is also the CHP mayor of Ankara (Mansur Yavaş) that would probably run for President. A ticket of both would be a serious contender to anh AKP/MHP politican
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:54 am

Monsone wrote:
Revlona wrote:Well it was meant to go through the straights anyways right?

It was, but it was built at a time when the USSR existed, and if the options were letting the ship pass or war, the former would be chosen by Turkey and NATO. The biggest issue is the legal status of the ship since it is legally too large to cross as an aircraft carrier, and Turkey doesn't have the same power and authority as the USSR would have to let the ship pass.

But turkey is a member of NATO and the Vessel by then would be turkish vessel
Lover of doggos

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:54 am

Am I allowed to do a german Kaiserreich here?
if it includes the collapse of the USSR?
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:55 am

Mathuvan Union wrote:Am I allowed to do a german Kaiserreich here?

I don’t think that would be at all realistically possible mate.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Fossia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Fossia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:55 am

Langenia wrote:
Fossia wrote:Hmmm.... alr this is a little difficult, in Turkey the right is defined by its being islamist. The closest thing to a centrist party would be the current opposition party RPP (turkish abbreviation CHP), what you could do is have a minority government with the CHP in power and so to pass anything, they have to dumb it down to make it more centrist so that the AK Party (erdogan's party) will pass it.

I think I'll stay with Erdogan then.

Ye, thats probs the most realistic option if you wanted to go with a right leaning gov. btw if you want i can link you some good sources in a tg about turkeys geopolitical strategies and internal strategies/politics rn.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:55 am

Why would the Germans want a Monarchy?
Last edited by Sarderia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Sarderia wrote:

Why would the Germans want a Monarchy?

yeah, it would involve no Nazis, nvm.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Oi Russia

Watcha wanna do about the Northern Territories Dispute? 2018 IRL talks resumed about potentially reunifying them with Japan around the 1855 border if I remember correctly.
Lover of doggos

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Revlona wrote:
Monsone wrote:

I know. I was talking about why the situation between the USSR and Turkey when it comes to the vessel is completely different. The USSR was a global superpower, and Turkey is a regional power at best. Turkey doesn't have the political clout on the world stage to do what the USSR was able to do when it comes to finding loopholes in international conventions and then exploiting them as much as possible.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Monsone wrote:
Revlona wrote:

I know. I was talking about why the situation between the USSR and Turkey when it comes to the vessel is completely different. The USSR was a global superpower, and Turkey is a regional power at best. Turkey doesn't have the political clout on the world stage to do what the USSR was able to do when it comes to finding loopholes in international conventions and then exploiting them as much as possible.

(Insert Erdogan's efforts to wrestle Turkey onto the world stage here.)
LANGENIA

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 pm

This leads to my second question: can I do an independent Catalonia, or a spanish civil war part 2?

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Do we have a central storyline... some sort of an arc here, or the IC is free to all interactions?

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Revlona wrote:Oi Russia

Watcha wanna do about the Northern Territories Dispute? 2018 IRL talks resumed about potentially reunifying them with Japan around the 1855 border if I remember correctly.

Talks can and would likely be held, but in the end, a referendum would need to be held to see if the Russian people want to give up a few small islands. Though public opinion in Russia is not really in favor of such handover because from the perspective of Russia, Japan's claim that the disputed islands aren't part of the Kurils and hence should be Japanese is BS.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Monsone wrote:
Revlona wrote:Oi Russia

Talks can and would likely be held, but in the end, a referendum would need to be held to see if the Russian people want to give up a few small islands. Though public opinion in Russia is not really in favor of such handover because from the perspective of Russia, Japan's claim that the disputed islands aren't part of the Kurils and hence should be Japanese is BS.

The claim is pretty valid seeing as they were japanese up until the second world war, plus the are directly north of the mainland
Lover of doggos

Fossia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Fossia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:This leads to my second question: can I do an independent Catalonia, or a spanish civil war part 2?

Not an OP but an Independent catalonia is heavily unrealistic, the last chance that was realistically possible for Catalonian independence was in the 70s after the collapse of the fascist regime, however, obv this did not happen and that can't really be changed. What might be more realistic is to play as a more decentralized spain which after growing unrest in catalonia and the basque country in the 90s, as well as with pressure from the eu, adopted a swiss style confederation government. At the very least this would afford you the opportunity to do a lot with Catalonia, potentially everything you were hoping to do with it being independent.
Last edited by Fossia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=494770

The IC is up!

Side note it's been awhile since I was last really on NS so how does one get A URL link to be connected to a simple name like IC and not displaying the full link?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:16 pm

Chewion wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=494770

The IC is up!

Side note it's been awhile since I was last really on NS so how does one get A URL link to be connected to a simple name like IC and not displaying the full link?

url=Put the name here]llink here[/url]
Lover of doggos

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:16 pm

NVM just figured it out.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Revlona wrote:
Chewion wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=494770

The IC is up!

url=Put the name here]llink here[/url]

Thanks mate.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:17 pm

Fossia wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:This leads to my second question: can I do an independent Catalonia, or a spanish civil war part 2?

Not an OP but an Independent catalonia is heavily unrealistic, the last chance that was realistically possible for Catalonian independence was in the 70s after the collapse of the fascist regime, however, obv this did not happen and that can't really be changed. What might be more realistic is to play as a more decentralized spain which after growing unrest in catalonia and the basque country in the 90s, as well as with pressure from the eu, adopted a swiss style confederation government. At the very least this would afford you the opportunity to do a lot with Catalonia, potentially everything you were hoping to do with it being independent.

Fuck! Perhaps I'll do another referendum and a civil war... there was one in 2017...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse