NATION

PASSWORD

2021: A New Decade (OOC:Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:30 am

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:As much as I do want some gameplay in the Middle East, I think that can easily be achieved by some operations in any number of unstable countries in the Western region of the Middle East due to ISIS and continued instability, hell, even maybe a joint initiative with the U.S and/or France or other nations, with that said, my hand has been forced.

Nationstates Name: the Vaktovian Empire
Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland and by association, for reasons to be explained, Canada, Australia, and several smaller regions that are Commonwealth realms. Don't worry, no colonization here, they will be administered separately as separate states, but when in my app I detail the Commonwealth of Nations, it is important to note that these specific countries military's swear an oath to the Crown of the U.K, not their own governments, therefore it would be quite hard for another player to control them unless they are willing to be 100% cooperative.

Now to get this app going after I finish my U.K research, and update the map as apps continue to be accepted.

That’s not how the commonwealth works at all. It is voluntary and purely ceremonial, you’re basically making a British Empire here
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:30 am

Monsone wrote:
The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
-snip-

Am I the only one concerned with Turkey having a nuclear-powered supercarrier, and especially the fact that they were allowed to purchase it with seemingly no protest from any neighboring nation?

As russia you might be :P
Lover of doggos

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 am

Monsone wrote:
-snip-

Am I the only one concerned with Turkey having a nuclear-powered supercarrier, and especially the fact that they were allowed to purchase it with seemingly no protest from any neighboring nation?

Ukraine was desperate for money after the Soviet Union's breakup, so...

And, yeah, I don't think Greece, Syria, and Cyprus were very happy...
Last edited by Langenia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 am

Langenia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

They even thought about selling their nukes didn't they?
Lover of doggos

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 am

Revlona wrote:
Langenia wrote:

I mean the US would've just come in and stopped the whole thing, so I don't think buying nukes could ever be possible.
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 am

I should have an app up soon
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:34 am

Accepted

Sard, seeing as how I'm unfamiliar with Indonesia but you are quite the contrary, I was able to understand some of the history, but could you briefly explain the key differences in Indonesia and how it may impact them on the foreign stage and with international relations? You're obviously already accepted, this question is just out of pure curiosity and interest.

Nothing too much. Just an economically stronger Indonesia, and less Islamic (due to government crackdowns on conservative groups). ASEAN is going to be a key battleground region in the US-China Trade War, partially because Indonesia, the giant of ASEAN is currently neutral (i.e. does not favor either the American or Chinese trade bloc too heavily). It is one of the largest manufacturing centers of the world (a second India or China, we could say), and it has a large amount of foreign trade, in addition to being located on one of the world's busiest waterways (the Malacca Strait, of which Indonesia owns 2/3 of the territorial sea). So either the US or China would need to sway Indonesia to their side, and possibly win ASEAN as the result.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am

Chewion wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Yeah I can see the amphibious assault ship but I’m hesitant on the full blown nuclear carrier.

It's Turkey, so I think we can assume it's actually conventionally-powered.
LANGENIA

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am

Langenia wrote:
Revlona wrote:

I mean the US would've just come in and stopped the whole thing, so I don't think buying nukes could ever be possible.

No I meant that as an example of their desperation, that the idea was even thought about

Only thing is Ulyanovsk-class carrier was only 40% complete at the dissolution of the USSR, Turkey would have had to buy it and finish it
Lover of doggos

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 am

Langenia wrote:
Revlona wrote:

IRL Russia actually requisitioned the Ukranian nuclear weapons and strategic bombers in exchange for a canceling of gas debts. And the US would have stopped the sale if Russia didn't; as would have the EU.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:38 am

Revlona wrote:
Langenia wrote:

No I meant that as an example of their desperation, that the idea was even thought about

Only thing is Ulyanovsk-class carrier was only 40% complete at the dissolution of the USSR, Turkey would have had to buy it and finish it

Or to ease everyone's concerns, we can assume the Turkish carrier was more complete when it was bought from Ukraine, it was made conventionally-powered instead on nuclear powered by Turkey, OR Turkey got a British light carrier instead.
Last edited by Langenia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
LANGENIA

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:38 am

You might want to have a less aggresive Head of Government in Turkey, if you really want nukes. As a quite liberal government in a majority Muslim-conservative country, I'm sure the Indonesian government would appreciate a government in the Middle East that shared their views (in form of the CHP)
Last edited by Sarderia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:39 am

Sarderia wrote:You might want to have a less aggresive Head of Government in Turkey, if you really want nukes. As a quite liberal government in a majority Muslim-conservative country, I'm sure the Indonesian government would appreciate another government in the Middle East that shared their views (in form of the CHP)

Oh no, no nukes for Turkey. Though I'll keep the conventionally-powered carrier.
LANGENIA

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:39 am

Langenia wrote:
Sarderia wrote:You might want to have a less aggresive Head of Government in Turkey, if you really want nukes. As a quite liberal government in a majority Muslim-conservative country, I'm sure the Indonesian government would appreciate another government in the Middle East that shared their views (in form of the CHP)

Oh no, no nukes for Turkey. Though I'll keep the conventionally-powered carrier.

No, I meant the President... you are reay going to keep Erdoğan as the President?

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:40 am

Sarderia wrote:
Langenia wrote:

No, I meant the President... you are reay going to keep Erdoğan as the President?

I've been thinking on this carefully, I didn't want Erdogan as President, but I couldn't find other Turkish politicians that I liked.
LANGENIA

Fossia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fossia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 am

Langenia wrote:
Sarderia wrote:No, I meant the President... you are reay going to keep Erdoğan as the President?

I've been thinking on this carefully, I didn't want Erdogan as President, but I couldn't find other Turkish politicians that I liked.

I'm well versed in turkish politics, I believe I can help, what exactly were you looking for in your leader?

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:41 am

Langenia wrote:
Sarderia wrote:No, I meant the President... you are reay going to keep Erdoğan as the President?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansur_Yavaş
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekrem_İmamoğlu

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:42 am

Fossia wrote:
Langenia wrote:

I'm well versed in turkish politics, I believe I can help, what exactly were you looking for in your leader?

Someone centre-right or right, not Islamist like Erdogan, middle-aged perhaps?
LANGENIA

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:42 am

Tennōheika Banzai
Lover of doggos

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:42 am

Langenia wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Or to ease everyone's concerns, we can assume the Turkish carrier was more complete when it was bought from Ukraine, it was made conventionally-powered instead on nuclear powered by Turkey, or Turkey got a British light carrier instead.

The critical issue is getting the carrier from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean through the Bosphorus Strait since the Admiral Kuznetsov was only able to get through because it technically isn't an aircraft carrier and instead a heavy aircraft carrier cruiser. The Ulyanovksy would have had many more issues getting through the straits.

And making the ship conventional powered is possible, though it would be very expensive to do so since the Ulyanovsk was meant to be a blue-water aircraft carrier with a long cruise endurance and a nuclear reactor.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:43 am

Monsone wrote:
Langenia wrote:
Or to ease everyone's concerns, we can assume the Turkish carrier was more complete when it was bought from Ukraine, it was made conventionally-powered instead on nuclear powered by Turkey, or Turkey got a British light carrier instead.

The critical issue is getting the carrier from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean through the Bosphorus Strait since the Admiral Kuznetsov was only able to get through because it technically isn't an aircraft carrier and instead a heavy aircraft carrier cruiser. The Ulyanovksy would have had many more issues getting through the straits.

And making the ship conventional powered is possible, though it would be very expensive to do so since the Ulyanovsk was meant to be a blue-water aircraft carrier with a long cruise endurance and a nuclear reactor.

Hmm, what do you suggest?
LANGENIA

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 am

Langenia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

I don't exactly know. Maybe not calling the aircraft carrier an aircraft carrier is the easiest move, or simply choosing which part of the Turkish coast will it be based from and keep it there.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am

Monsone wrote:
Langenia wrote:

I don't exactly know. Maybe not calling the aircraft carrier an aircraft carrier is the easiest move, or simply choosing which part of the Turkish coast will it be based from and keep it there.

Multi-Purpose Operation Destroyer!!
Lover of doggos

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:46 am

Why do you even want an aircraft carrier? Turkish influence is mainly limited on the Mediterranean. You have a friendly regime in Libya (GNA), you have an ally in Azerbajian, and you have a very long border on which you can bulid airbases to extend the Air Force's reach.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 am

Monsone wrote:
Langenia wrote:

This, in addition to you are I assume referring to the [url=Ulyanovsk]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_aircraft_carrier_Ulyanovsk[/url] that was laid down in Ukraine? I agree on it would be quite difficult to have gotten it thru the straits.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse