NATION

PASSWORD

2021: A New Decade (OOC:Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:53 am

As much as I do want some gameplay in the Middle East, I think that can easily be achieved by some operations in any number of unstable countries in the Western region of the Middle East due to ISIS and continued instability, hell, even maybe a joint initiative with the U.S and/or France or other nations, with that said, my hand has been forced.

Nationstates Name: the Vaktovian Empire
Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland and by association, for reasons to be explained, Canada, Australia, and several smaller regions that are Commonwealth realms. Don't worry, no colonization here, they will be administered separately as separate states, but when in my app I detail the Commonwealth of Nations, it is important to note that these specific countries military's swear an oath to the Crown of the U.K, not their own governments, therefore it would be quite hard for another player to control them unless they are willing to be 100% cooperative.

Now to get this app going after I finish my U.K research, and update the map as apps continue to be accepted.

West Bromwich Holme
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Bromwich Holme » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 am

I'd be interested; but what things could I do that don't contradict canon?

I'm intending on providing automotive news (one of my areas of expertise), opinion pieces on politics by journalists, in-character anti-Politician rants, a Twitter spoof if you want it (any names?).

What do you think of this role in the RP; not a country, but doing the parts others don't want to, while keeping within canon, allowing them character RP, and me to add a different take on things in-universe?

Since there's no COVID-19 in this timeline, I can change things dramatically for automotive and some economic developments; anyone up for interesting new McDonald's products or DC Comics movies as some suggestions of ideas?

Some changes I've thought of for this timeline; the 2030 ban on petrol/diesel cars seems to be controversial in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy and the Netherlands and there's a pushback against car-free cities after an Instagram post complaining about it.
Last edited by West Bromwich Holme on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Astholm. I am no longer using the account Astholm.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:59 am

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:As much as I do want some gameplay in the Middle East, I think that can easily be achieved by some operations in any number of unstable countries in the Western region of the Middle East due to ISIS and continued instability, hell, even maybe a joint initiative with the U.S and/or France or other nations, with that said, my hand has been forced.

Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland and by association, for reasons to be explained, Canada, Australia, and several smaller regions that are Commonwealth realms. Don't worry, no colonization here, they will be administered separately as separate states, but when in my app I detail the Commonwealth of Nations, it is important to note that these specific countries military's swear an oath to the Crown of the U.K, not their own governments, therefore it would be quite hard for another player to control them unless they are willing to be 100% cooperative.

Now to get this app going after I finish my U.K research, and update the map as apps continue to be accepted.

I will drop out from the RP if we have a British Empire, or something at least similar to it. The Commonwealth is a non-binding, voluntary association, not a pact that made member countries' militaries controlled by Britain.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 am

West Bromwich Holme wrote:I'd be interested; but what things could I do that don't contradict canon?

I'm intending on providing automotive news (one of my areas of expertise), opinion pieces on politics by journalists, in-character anti-Politician rants, a Twitter spoof if you want it (any names?).

What do you think of this role in the RP; not a country, but doing the parts others don't want to, while keeping within canon, allowing them character RP, and me to add a different take on things in-universe?

Since there's no COVID-19 in this timeline, I can change things dramatically for automotive and some economic developments; anyone up for interesting new McDonald's products or DC Comics movies as some suggestions of ideas?

Some changes I've thought of for this timeline; the 2030 ban on petrol/diesel cars seems to be controversial in the UK, USA, Canada, Italy and the Netherlands and there's a pushback against car-free cities after an Instagram post complaining about it.

I would be interested in perhaps seeing you be a program like 60 minutes where player leaders can go to do interviews etc. Also if you would like to do fun stories etc I wouldn't be outright opposed to you helping with creating the IEC posts.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:03 am

Sarderia wrote:
The Vaktovian Empire wrote:As much as I do want some gameplay in the Middle East, I think that can easily be achieved by some operations in any number of unstable countries in the Western region of the Middle East due to ISIS and continued instability, hell, even maybe a joint initiative with the U.S and/or France or other nations, with that said, my hand has been forced.

I will drop out from the RP if we have a British Empire, or something at least similar to it. The Commonwealth is a non-binding, voluntary association, not a pact that made member countries' militaries controlled by Britain.

I don't believe that is what he is implying. There definitely won't be a British Empire but the commonwealth realms militaries do swear an oath to the Queen as she is the head of state.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 am

Sarderia wrote:

Not a British Empire in the slightest my friend. As I said, each of the Commonwealth nations will be administered separately as separate independent governments appropriately. All my statement was made to do was to highlight the fact that militaries of Commonwealth realms, versus Commonwealth republics, and members of their own monarchies do in fact swear allegiance to the Queen, not to their actual respective government.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:05 am

Chewion wrote:
Sarderia wrote:I will drop out from the RP if we have a British Empire, or something at least similar to it. The Commonwealth is a non-binding, voluntary association, not a pact that made member countries' militaries controlled by Britain.

I don't believe that is what he is implying. There definitely won't be a British Empire but the commonwealth realms militaries do swear an oath to the Queen as she is the head of state.

Every country that has the British Monarch as Head of State did that in real life. But I am certainly opposed on the idea that the government of the United Kingdom took that seriously and began controlling, say, Canada's or Australia's or New Zealand's military.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:05 am

West Bromwich Holme wrote:I'd be interested; but what things could I do that don't contradict canon?

THIS, we definitely could do well doing THIS

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:07 am

Sarderia wrote:
Chewion wrote:I don't believe that is what he is implying. There definitely won't be a British Empire but the commonwealth realms militaries do swear an oath to the Queen as she is the head of state.

Every country that has the British Monarch as Head of State did that in real life. But I am certainly opposed on the idea that the government of the United Kingdom took that seriously and began controlling, say, Canada's or Australia's or New Zealand's military.

I don't think he meant that.

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:08 am

Nationstates Name: Langenia
Nation Name: Republic of Turkey
Capital: Ankara
Territory:

Population: 83,154,997
Official Language: Turkish

Head of State: Recep Tayyip Erdogan
HoS Picture:

Head of Government:
HoG Picture (If different from HoS):
Legislature Name: Grand National Assembly
Party in Power (If bicameral note who controls each): Justice and Development Party (AKP; Turkish: Adalet ve Kalkinma Partisi)

GDP: $$2.471 trillion
Major Trade Partners: Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Iraq, United States (Exports); Russia, China, Germany, United States, Italy (Imports)
Major Exports: Crude and refined petroleum, iron, gold, automobiles, jewelry
Major Imports: Refined petroleum, gold, scrap iron, petroleum gas, coal briquettes, vehicle parts
Oil Production: 63.97 thousand barrels a day
Oil Consumption: 1,136 thousand barrels a day
Proven Oil Reserves: 300 million barrels
Defense Budget (USD): $21.9 billion
Alliances: North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)

Military Branches (Just list names of official Armed Forces Branches): Turkish Land Forces, Turkish Naval Forces, Turkish Air Force

Active Duty: 355,000
Reserve Duty: 380,000
Total Manpower: 735,000

Tanks: 2,622
AFVs: 8,777
SPA: 1,278
Towed Artillery: 1,260
Rocket Projectors: 438

Fighters: 206
Dedicated Attack: 12
Transports: 80
Trainers: 276
Special Mission: 18
Helicopters: 497
Attack Helicopters: 100

Aircraft Carriers: 3 (including amphibious assault ships)
Destroyers: 4
Frigates: 16
Corvettes: 10
Submarines: 12
Patrol: 35
Mine Warfare: 11

Other Military Information: Turkey has F-35s, because it never purchased the S-400 from the Russians, and has an Ulyanovsk-class carrier purchased from Ukraine and completed in Turkey (this process took several years and required extensive foreign assistance, due to Turkey's inexperience with building carriers). Also, Turkey purchased 1 ex-British amphibious assault ship (ex-HMS Ocean) 4 ex-British destroyers for its navy, and is building the TCG Anadolu amphibious assault ship.

History Changes (Subject to review and approval by OP and Co-OP): Turkey takes a more pro-US hardline stance when dealing with Iran. Erdogan decided not to attack the Kurdish-led forces in Syria, understanding the scorn it would bring on Turkey from the international community. Although Turkey is dealing with the PKK insurgency, the SDF does not aid them. However, Turkey did intervene in the Syrian Civil War (to stop Iran's influence) like in real life, sending ground troops to guard rebel territory. The series of offensives that Turkey conducted in real life against the SDF are actually against ISIS in this world. Also, like in real life Turkey does occasionally engage in clashes with Syrian government forces. Finally, it maintains a positive relationship with Israel, unlike in real life where the relationship has become very strained.

Do not remove - Alpha42
Last edited by Langenia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 am

Sarderia wrote:
Chewion wrote:I don't believe that is what he is implying. There definitely won't be a British Empire but the commonwealth realms militaries do swear an oath to the Queen as she is the head of state.

I have to concur, the nations of the Commonwealth would not take to having their militaries controlled by a foreign power, even if they are quite fond of the Queen. Even the UK wouldn't have a reason to do this since it is close allies with many nations of the Commonwealth.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 am

Sarderia wrote:

Right, I agree, however Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc all still consider themselves Commonwealth realm, versus Pakistan or India, who now have their Heads of State as their Commander-in-Chief, respectively.

There would be no such "British Empire" as you're describing. In order to play the Brits more respectively and correctly I feel being able to play a few of the Commonwealth realm nations specifically would benefit myself and the RP. In real life Canada is normally involved in exercises and troop movements that the U.K is generally, in, say the Middle East on both the Iraq and Afghanistan front to name a few. I have no intention of running whatever other Commonwealth countries I apply for as a single Imperial entity or nothing the slightest in the sense of the word, much the opposite. The Brits and their allies as well as the U.S will I'm certain be trying to hold the goal of the peacekeepers here, as they often have, but also with knowing full well the EU and them have their discrepancies in handling things, as such the Brexit.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:12 am

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Every country that has the British Monarch as Head of State did that in real life. But I am certainly opposed on the idea that the government of the United Kingdom took that seriously and began controlling, say, Canada's or Australia's or New Zealand's military.

Right, I agree, however Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc all still consider themselves Commonwealth realm, versus Pakistan or India, who now have their Heads of State as their Commander-in-Chief, respectively.

There would be no such "British Empire" as you're describing. In order to play the Brits more respectively and correctly I feel being able to play a few of the Commonwealth realm nations specifically would benefit myself and the RP. In real life Canada is normally involved in exercises and troop movements that the U.K is generally, in, say the Middle East on both the Iraq and Afghanistan front to name a few. I have no intention of running whatever other Commonwealth countries I apply for as a single Imperial entity or nothing the slightest in the sense of the word, much the opposite. The Brits and their allies as well as the U.S will I'm certain be trying to hold the goal of the peacekeepers here, as they often have, but also with knowing full well the EU and them have their discrepancies in handling things, as such the Brexit.

While I appreciate the sentiment I don't think it would be fair to others for you to be able to control all of those other nations besides the UK proper.

West Bromwich Holme
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Bromwich Holme » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:12 am

Chewion wrote:I would be interested in perhaps seeing you be a program like 60 minutes where player leaders can go to do interviews etc. Also if you would like to do fun stories etc I wouldn't be outright opposed to you helping with creating the IEC posts.

I could do both; what guidelines do you need for IEC posts?
Formerly Astholm. I am no longer using the account Astholm.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:12 am

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Every country that has the British Monarch as Head of State did that in real life. But I am certainly opposed on the idea that the government of the United Kingdom took that seriously and began controlling, say, Canada's or Australia's or New Zealand's military.

I have to concur, the nations of the Commonwealth would not take to having their militaries controlled by a foreign power, even if they are quite fond of the Queen. Even the UK wouldn't have a reason to do this since it is close allies with many nations of the Commonwealth.

I should have worded it differently. It's not control. The cooperation between the U.K's separate military and the separate Canadian Armed Forces, and the separate Australian Defence Force is really the jist of what I'm describing. Obviously in Canada the military is ultimately controlled by the Governor General who represents the Queen but is a Canadian official, and in Australia the Governor-General as well.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:14 am

Chewion wrote:

While I appreciate the sentiment I don't think it would be fair to others for you to be able to control all of those other nations besides the UK proper.

Fair enough, I honestly just am yearning for a strong Canadian and Australian player in all honesty. The sentiment of controlling them merely stems from the thought of having close ties to a U.S, Canada, and Australia player, although several members of former World RPs I've seen and been in would definitely take interest in this so I will be forwarding it to them. I'll be looking into the U.K more to finish an app.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:16 am

You want to control Commonwealth Realms' militaries for your own benefit? That is a bit unfair if you ask me. It would be better if NPC reactions are handled by the OP, for fairness towards all players.
Chewion wrote:While I appreciate the sentiment I don't think it would be fair to others for you to be able to control all of those other nations besides the UK proper.

Fair enough, I honestly just am yearning for a strong Canadian and Australian player in all honesty. The sentiment of controlling them merely stems from the thought of having close ties to a U.S, Canada, and Australia player, although several members of former World RPs I've seen and been in would definitely take interest in this so I will be forwarding it to them. I'll be looking into the U.K more to finish an app.

I think it's better for them to stay an NPC, not controlled by anyone, until someone apps for either of them. Just my preference, honestly, but again it is the discretion of the OP.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:19 am

Langenia wrote:Nationstates Name: Langenia
Nation Name: Republic of Turkey
Capital: Ankara
Territory:
Population: 83,154,997
Official Language: Turkish

Head of State: Recep Tayyip Erdogan
HoS Picture:
Head of Government:
HoG Picture (If different from HoS):
Legislature Name: Grand National Assembly
Party in Power (If bicameral note who controls each): Justice and Development Party (AKP; Turkish: Adalet ve Kalkinma Partisi)

GDP: $$2.471 trillion
Major Trade Partners: Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Iraq, United States (Exports); Russia, China, Germany, United States, Italy (Imports)
Major Exports: Crude and refined petroleum, iron, gold, automobiles, jewelry
Major Imports: Refined petroleum, gold, scrap iron, petroleum gas, coal briquettes, vehicle parts
Oil Production: 63.97 thousand barrels a day
Oil Consumption: 1,136 thousand barrels a day
Proven Oil Reserves: 300 million barrels
Defense Budget (USD): $21.9 billion
Alliances: North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)

Military Branches (Just list names of official Armed Forces Branches): Turkish Land Forces, Turkish Naval Forces, Turkish Air Force

Active Duty: 355,000
Reserve Duty: 380,000
Total Manpower: 735,000

Tanks: 2,622
AFVs: 8,777
SPA: 1,278
Towed Artillery: 1,260
Rocket Projectors: 438

Fighters: 206
Dedicated Attack: 12
Transports: 80
Trainers: 276
Special Mission: 18
Helicopters: 497
Attack Helicopters: 100

Aircraft Carriers: 3 (including amphibious assault ships)
Destroyers: 4
Frigates: 16
Corvettes: 10
Submarines: 12
Patrol: 35
Mine Warfare: 11

Other Military Information: Turkey has F-35s, because it never purchased the S-400 from the Russians, and has an Ulyanovsk-class carrier purchased from Ukraine and completed in Turkey (this process took several years and required extensive foreign assistance, due to Turkey's inexperience with building carriers). Also, Turkey purchased 1 ex-British amphibious assault ship (ex-HMS Ocean) 4 ex-British destroyers for its navy, and is building the TCG Anadolu amphibious assault ship.

History Changes (Subject to review and approval by OP and Co-OP): Turkey takes a more pro-US hardline stance when dealing with Iran. Erdogan decided not to attack the Kurdish-led forces in Syria, understanding the scorn it would bring on Turkey from the international community. Although Turkey is dealing with the PKK insurgency, the SDF does not aid them. However, Turkey did intervene in the Syrian Civil War (to stop Iran's influence) like in real life, sending ground troops to guard rebel territory. The series of offensives that Turkey conducted in real life against the SDF are actually against ISIS in this world. Also, like in real life Turkey does occasionally engage in clashes with Syrian government forces. Finally, it maintains a positive relationship with Israel, unlike in real life where the relationship has become very strained.

Do not remove - Alpha42

Accepted.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 am

Sarderia wrote:

You want to control Commonwealth Realms' militaries for your own benefit? That is a bit unfair if you ask me. It would be better if NPC reactions are handled by the OP, for fairness towards all players.

I think it's better for them to stay an NPC, not controlled by anyone, until someone apps for either of them. Just my preference, honestly, but again it is the discretion of the OP.

Not really their militaries. The dynamic of controlling and having to deal with the foreign and economic aspects of each of the Commonwealth nations would be interesting to say the least. I honestly would rather deal with both countries as NPC territories. It was not a power grab and I don't want you to be misunderstood in my intentions. If the lack of players for nations becomes an issue with rising conflicts I just wouldn't be opposed to fairly coordinating the efforts of another nation without showing favoritism towards my primary. In this situation it just so happens that obviously Canada and Australia are mutual allies of the U.K so it appeared so, as much as my interest in playing either of them stems from my continued research of how the U.K works inside and out both domestically and internationally. Cheers and sorry for any misunderstanding!

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 am

Hmm, if you want a non-interventionist Turkey, why don't have Ekrem Imamoğlu or Mansur Yavaş as President (or Prime Minister, if the constitutional referendum didn't exist)? Both are CHP (Kemalist) which would most likely refrain from intervening further into Middle Eastern/gotten involved in Islamic affairs too much

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 am

Sarderia wrote:
Nationstates Name: Sarderia
Nation Name: Republic of Indonesia (id: Republik Indonesia)
Capital: Nusapura Special Capital Region, Borneo
Territory: Indonesia
Indonesia is comprised of 38 States and Federal Districts, with each state awarded a large degree of autonomy (similar to Indian states) except the Metropolitan Cities (Kota Madya) as well as the Special Capital Region (National District/Distrik Nasional) under the 4th Amendment of the 1945 Constitution in 2002. Their official names are as following:
  • SUMATRA
    • Aceh
    • North Sumatra
    • Riau
    • Minangkabau (corresponds to West Sumatra)
    • Jambi
    • Bengkulu
    • Sriwijaya (corresponds to South Sumatra)
    • Lampung
    • Bangka-Belitung
    • Riau Islands
  • JAVA
    • Banten
    • Pasundan (corresponds to West Java - minus Greater Jakarta area)
    • Jakarta Metropolitan (corresponds to Jakarta SCR)
    • Depok-Bogor Metropolitan (corresponds to Depok City, Bogor City and Bogor Regency)
    • Tangerang Metropolitan (corresponds to Tangerang City, Tangerang Regency and South Tangerang Regency)
    • Bekasi Metropolitan (corresponds to Bekasi City and Bekasi Regency)
    • Central Java
    • East Java
    • Yogyakarta
  • LESSER SUNDA ISLANDS
    • Bali
    • East Nusa Tenggara (Flobamora)
    • West Nusa Tenggara
  • BORNEO
    • West Kalimantan
    • Central Kalimantan (Dayak)
    • Banjar (corresponds to South Kalimantan)
    • Kutai (corresponds to East Kalimantan)
    • North Kalimantan
    • Nusapura National District (capital of Indonesia)
  • SULAWESI
    • Minahasa (corresponds to North Sulawesi)
    • Gorontalo
    • Central Sulawesi
    • West Sulawesi
    • South Sulawesi
    • Southeast Sulawesi
  • MOLUCCAS AND PAPUA
    • Moluccas
    • North Moluccas
    • Papua
    • West Papua
Population: 272,760,543
Official Language: Indonesian (id: Bahasa Indonesia)

Head of State: President Joko Widodo
HoS Picture:
Head of Government: President Joko Widodo
HoG Picture: -
Legislature Name:
  • Upper House: People's Consultative Assembly (id: Majelis Permusyawaratan Rakyat/MPR)
  • Lower House: People's Representative Council (id: Dewan Perwakilan Rekyat/DPR)
    Party in Power: Onward Indonesia Coalition (id: Koalisi Indonesia Maju)
    • Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (Partai Demokrasi Indonesia - Perjuangan/PDIP) -Big Tent
    • Functional Groups (Golongan Karya) - Big Tent
    • Great Indonesia Movement Party (Partai Gerakan Indonesia Raya) - Conservative, Right-Wing
    • National-Democrats (Nasional Demokrat) - Centre-Right
    • National Awakening Party (Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa) - Traditionalist Islam
    • United Development Party (Partai Persatuan Pembangunan) - Traditionalist Islam
    • Indonesian Solidarity Party (Partai Solidaritas Indonesia) - Minority rights, Progressive, Green/Climate Change, Liberalism (Democratic Party USA model)

GDP: 3219.19 Trillion
Major Trade Partners: China, Japan, United States, European Union, India
Major Exports: Oil and gas, cement, food, electrical appliances, construction, plywood, textiles, rubber, palm oil
Major Imports: Machinery and equipment, chemicals, fuels, foodstuffs (primarily grain)
Oil Production: 730,000 BBL/D
Oil Consumption: 1,58 BBL/D
Proven Oil Reserves: 3,692 mil. barrels
Defense Budget (USD): 30.5B US$ (subject to cuts/raises - defense budget per annum capped by DPR legislation with possible changes each month)
Alliances: Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)

Military Branches: Tentara Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian National Armed Forces)
  • Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Darat/TNI-AD (Army)
  • Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Laut/TNI-AL (Navy)
  • Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Udara/TNI-AU (Air Force)

Active Duty:
  • Army: 300,000
  • Navy: 74,000
  • Air Force: 37,850
Reserve Duty:
  • Army: 220,000
  • Navy: 38,000
  • Air Force: 12,100
Total Manpower: 681,850 personnel

Tanks: 103 (Leopard 2A4+, Leopard RI), 200 (Harimau MT), 120 (AMX-13)
AFVs: 1200 (Pindad Anoa purchased 2018-20), 200 (Pindad Badak ordered 2018-20), 180 (Bushmaster MRAP/Pindad Sanca), 155 (M113), 75 (AMX-VTI), 58 (Cadillac Gage Commando), 55 (Alvis Saracen in reserve), 50 (VAB), 50 (Marder), 40 (Alvis Stormer in reserve), 24 (Pandur), 22 (Hanwha Tarantula), 2850 (Pindad Komodo light vehicle ordered 2019-20)
SPA: M109 (36), Nexter CAESAR (65 ordered 2018-20), AMX Mk-61 (54 in reserve)
Towed Artillery: KH-179 (36), KH-178 (54), M101 (180), M48 (96)
Rocket Projectors: Avibras Astros II (63)

Fighters: Dassault Rafale (48), F-16 (33), KAI T-50 (15), Su-30 (11)
Dedicated Attack: ?
Transports: C-130 (22), EADS CASA C-295 (14 ordered 2017), C-212 (9), CN-235 (5), B737 (3)
Trainers: Various (98)
Special Mission: CAC Fox (4), IAI Searcher (4 - trade with Israel forbidden in Indonesia), CASC Rainbow (4), Elang Hitam/Black Eagle (1 - prototype)
Helicopters: Various (38 + 20 SA330 SAR variant ordered 2020, finished 2021)
Attack Helicopters: -

Aircraft Carriers: Amphibious Transport Dock (6)
Destroyers: -
Frigates: 7
Corvettes: Regular (10), ASW (14)
Submarines: 8
Patrol: Missile Boats (24), Patrol Boats (59)
Mine Warfare: Minesweeper (10)

Other Military Information: No mandatory service, personnel cuts (with higher emphasis on training of personnel and purchase of equipment instead of recruiting soldiers)

History Changes (Subject to review and approval by OP and Co-OP):[list]

- No PDI split in 1996. Suharto's efforts to create a split within Indonesia's second-largest (albeit still a puppet of the central government) party failed, and Megawati Soekarnoputri asserted total control of the PDI. The name of the party was changed (to PDI Perjuangan/PDI-P). Therefore, no Saturday 27 mob in Jakarta.

- Indonesian Banks rely less on the US Dollar pre-1997; instead preferring to diversify their loaning under the Bank Indonesia policy (by loaning in Franc, Poundsterling, Mark, Guilder, Lira, and Yen; assortments of international currency in an effort to be less dependent on the greenback). Therefore, Indonesia was not as hard hit by the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis like it was in real life.

- No mass capital flight from Indonesia during 1997-98; the main cause was that Indonesian banks, while faced with a devaluation of the Rupiah compared to the USD, still had a large reserve of other foreign currency as well as gold and Rupiah to service debts. Bank Indonesia was able to handle the crisis quite well. However, Suharto still suffered a minor stroke in 1997 that prevented him from attending the ASEAN Presidents' Summit.

- Mass rioting and looting did not happen as severe as it was in real life, particularly because the monetary crisis did not hit Indonesia so hard (GDP fell by 35-38%, several points above Thailand, the source of the crisis). However, the Indonesian Reformation still happened, and Suharto was forced to step down from power. His successor, President B.J. Habibie, passed laws granting autonomy, political freedom, freed many political prisoners and also held a referendum in East Timor. Military personnel were withdrawn immediately, so there was little to no human rights violations. The Corruption Eradication Commission was formed in 1999 to investigate New Order corrupt bureaucrats and cronies, and confiscate their wealth. A new job and investment legislation is passed, allowing faster economic recovery and easier investment avenues in Indonesia. The Ministry of Information and Ministry of Welfare, two of the New Order's primary weapons to stranglehold the country (the former to control the media and the latter presenting a large corruption problem) was disbanded; the Corruption Eradication Commission was authorized to imprison ex-New Order bureaucrats.

- In 2002, to prevent the tensions across the country as experienced under President Abdurrahman Wahid, the MPR authorized the 4th amendment of the 1945 Indonesian Constitution. It formally changed the name of first-level subdivisions from province to state, and granted states greater autonomy in regional government (similar to Indian states). However, the clause of Indonesia being an "Unitary State" is still maintained; and political parties must also adhere to the Pancasila (Indonesia's national ideology as laid out in the 1945 constitution), although, given that Pancasila encompassed a broad spectrum of politics, this clause was not very limiting on the formation of political parties.

- In 2006, real per capita income has surpassed fiscal year of 1996/1997 levels, and was well on track to resume Indonesia's pre-1997 growth levels. 2007 and 2008 recorded an unprecedented spike of 8.0% to 9.0% before being slowed down by the 2008 financial crisis. Unlike many of its more export-dependent neighbours, Indonesia managed to skirt the Great Recession, helped by strong domestic demand (which makes up about two-thirds of the economy) and a government fiscal stimulus package of about 1.4% of GDP. After India and China, Indonesia became the third-fastest growing economy in the G20. The $512-billion-economy expanded 7.4% in the first quarter from a year earlier, and in the previous month, the IMF revised its 2009 forecast for the country to 5-6% from 4.5%. With the rapid reduction of public and external debt, strengthening of public and corporate sector banking sheets, and capitalization to reduce banking vulnerabilities, Indonesia managed to reach an unemployment rate of 5.8% in 2012.

- Batam Port in Riau Islands and Patimban Port in Pasundan opened in 2013 with capacity of 9 and 7 million TEUs each, respectively. Over time this would increase as investment and production of goods in Indonesia increased.

- In 2016, mass protests happened in Jakarta as a result of Jakarta (ethnic Chinese and Christian) governor Basuki "Ahok" Purnama's alleged defamation of the Qur'an. However, it was later found out that the evidence to this accusation is, in fact, an edited video. Subsequently the Central Jakarta District Court ruled that Purnama was not guilty of blasphemy. A rally was held by conservative groups on 2th December, 2016 (the 212 Movement). This surge of popular outcry cost Purnama his re-election as Jakarta Governor. However, when protesters rioted, demanded for Purnama to be thrown in jail, President Widodo (the former Governor of Jakarta; Purnama was his vice-governor) authorized the mass arrest of protesters, faced with charges of destroying public facilities, defamations, and hate speech. The Indonesian Military patrolled the streets of Jakarta for three months, until tensions subsided. Meanwhile, the conservative cleric al-Habib Muhammad Rizieq Shihab, one of the Movement's primary supporters, became involved in a criminal case involving sexually explicit messages he exchanged with Firza Hussein. Subsequently Shihab fled to Mecca, Saudi Arabia (to perform 'umrah), but has not since returned to Indonesia. The Indonesian National Police issued an arrest warrant for him in case he ever returned. Government crackdowns towards conservative groups, however, still happened - with several critics saying that Indonesia "is sliding backwards towards the New Order era".

- House of Representatives speaker Setya Novanto, involved in a mass corruption scandal (regarding the electronic ID card program thaw was implemented across Indonesia), was caught by the Corruption Eradication Commission. Further investigations reveal even bigger corruption scandal involving many government officials. All of them was subsequently seized and imprisoned in the island prison of Nusa Kambangan (off the coast of Central Java), while several new anti-corruption laws are passed on the parliament. This incident helped to massively reduce the amount of government corruption in Indonesia.

- A series of infrastructure (highways, ports, airports, and more) projects as well as a new job creation and investment law was passed on 2019, shortly after President Widodo's re-election. This further increased foreign investment in Indonesia, especially with the booming trade war between the United States and China.

Do not remove - Alpha42

Btw, do we have a discord?

Accepted

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am

Sarderia wrote:
Nationstates Name: Sarderia
Nation Name: Republic of Indonesia (id: Republik Indonesia)
Capital: Nusapura Special Capital Region, Borneo
Territory: Indonesia
Indonesia is comprised of 38 States and Federal Districts, with each state awarded a large degree of autonomy (similar to Indian states) except the Metropolitan Cities (Kota Madya) as well as the Special Capital Region (National District/Distrik Nasional) under the 4th Amendment of the 1945 Constitution in 2002. Their official names are as following:
  • SUMATRA
    • Aceh
    • North Sumatra
    • Riau
    • Minangkabau (corresponds to West Sumatra)
    • Jambi
    • Bengkulu
    • Sriwijaya (corresponds to South Sumatra)
    • Lampung
    • Bangka-Belitung
    • Riau Islands
  • JAVA
    • Banten
    • Pasundan (corresponds to West Java - minus Greater Jakarta area)
    • Jakarta Metropolitan (corresponds to Jakarta SCR)
    • Depok-Bogor Metropolitan (corresponds to Depok City, Bogor City and Bogor Regency)
    • Tangerang Metropolitan (corresponds to Tangerang City, Tangerang Regency and South Tangerang Regency)
    • Bekasi Metropolitan (corresponds to Bekasi City and Bekasi Regency)
    • Central Java
    • East Java
    • Yogyakarta
  • LESSER SUNDA ISLANDS
    • Bali
    • East Nusa Tenggara (Flobamora)
    • West Nusa Tenggara
  • BORNEO
    • West Kalimantan
    • Central Kalimantan (Dayak)
    • Banjar (corresponds to South Kalimantan)
    • Kutai (corresponds to East Kalimantan)
    • North Kalimantan
    • Nusapura National District (capital of Indonesia)
  • SULAWESI
    • Minahasa (corresponds to North Sulawesi)
    • Gorontalo
    • Central Sulawesi
    • West Sulawesi
    • South Sulawesi
    • Southeast Sulawesi
  • MOLUCCAS AND PAPUA
    • Moluccas
    • North Moluccas
    • Papua
    • West Papua
Population: 272,760,543
Official Language: Indonesian (id: Bahasa Indonesia)

Head of State: President Joko Widodo
HoS Picture:
Head of Government: President Joko Widodo
HoG Picture: -
Legislature Name:
  • Upper House: People's Consultative Assembly (id: Majelis Permusyawaratan Rakyat/MPR)
  • Lower House: People's Representative Council (id: Dewan Perwakilan Rekyat/DPR)
    Party in Power: Onward Indonesia Coalition (id: Koalisi Indonesia Maju)
    • Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (Partai Demokrasi Indonesia - Perjuangan/PDIP) -Big Tent
    • Functional Groups (Golongan Karya) - Big Tent
    • Great Indonesia Movement Party (Partai Gerakan Indonesia Raya) - Conservative, Right-Wing
    • National-Democrats (Nasional Demokrat) - Centre-Right
    • National Awakening Party (Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa) - Traditionalist Islam
    • United Development Party (Partai Persatuan Pembangunan) - Traditionalist Islam
    • Indonesian Solidarity Party (Partai Solidaritas Indonesia) - Minority rights, Progressive, Green/Climate Change, Liberalism (Democratic Party USA model)

GDP: 3219.19 Trillion
Major Trade Partners: China, Japan, United States, European Union, India
Major Exports: Oil and gas, cement, food, electrical appliances, construction, plywood, textiles, rubber, palm oil
Major Imports: Machinery and equipment, chemicals, fuels, foodstuffs (primarily grain)
Oil Production: 730,000 BBL/D
Oil Consumption: 1,58 BBL/D
Proven Oil Reserves: 3,692 mil. barrels
Defense Budget (USD): 30.5B US$ (subject to cuts/raises - defense budget per annum capped by DPR legislation with possible changes each month)
Alliances: Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)

Military Branches: Tentara Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian National Armed Forces)
  • Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Darat/TNI-AD (Army)
  • Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Laut/TNI-AL (Navy)
  • Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Udara/TNI-AU (Air Force)

Active Duty:
  • Army: 300,000
  • Navy: 74,000
  • Air Force: 37,850
Reserve Duty:
  • Army: 220,000
  • Navy: 38,000
  • Air Force: 12,100
Total Manpower: 681,850 personnel

Tanks: 103 (Leopard 2A4+, Leopard RI), 200 (Harimau MT), 120 (AMX-13)
AFVs: 1200 (Pindad Anoa purchased 2018-20), 200 (Pindad Badak ordered 2018-20), 180 (Bushmaster MRAP/Pindad Sanca), 155 (M113), 75 (AMX-VTI), 58 (Cadillac Gage Commando), 55 (Alvis Saracen in reserve), 50 (VAB), 50 (Marder), 40 (Alvis Stormer in reserve), 24 (Pandur), 22 (Hanwha Tarantula), 2850 (Pindad Komodo light vehicle ordered 2019-20)
SPA: M109 (36), Nexter CAESAR (65 ordered 2018-20), AMX Mk-61 (54 in reserve)
Towed Artillery: KH-179 (36), KH-178 (54), M101 (180), M48 (96)
Rocket Projectors: Avibras Astros II (63)

Fighters: Dassault Rafale (48), F-16 (33), KAI T-50 (15), Su-30 (11)
Dedicated Attack: ?
Transports: C-130 (22), EADS CASA C-295 (14 ordered 2017), C-212 (9), CN-235 (5), B737 (3)
Trainers: Various (98)
Special Mission: CAC Fox (4), IAI Searcher (4 - trade with Israel forbidden in Indonesia), CASC Rainbow (4), Elang Hitam/Black Eagle (1 - prototype)
Helicopters: Various (38 + 20 SA330 SAR variant ordered 2020, finished 2021)
Attack Helicopters: -

Aircraft Carriers: Amphibious Transport Dock (6)
Destroyers: -
Frigates: 7
Corvettes: Regular (10), ASW (14)
Submarines: 8
Patrol: Missile Boats (24), Patrol Boats (59)
Mine Warfare: Minesweeper (10)

Other Military Information: No mandatory service, personnel cuts (with higher emphasis on training of personnel and purchase of equipment instead of recruiting soldiers)

History Changes (Subject to review and approval by OP and Co-OP):[list]

- No PDI split in 1996. Suharto's efforts to create a split within Indonesia's second-largest (albeit still a puppet of the central government) party failed, and Megawati Soekarnoputri asserted total control of the PDI. The name of the party was changed (to PDI Perjuangan/PDI-P). Therefore, no Saturday 27 mob in Jakarta.

- Indonesian Banks rely less on the US Dollar pre-1997; instead preferring to diversify their loaning under the Bank Indonesia policy (by loaning in Franc, Poundsterling, Mark, Guilder, Lira, and Yen; assortments of international currency in an effort to be less dependent on the greenback). Therefore, Indonesia was not as hard hit by the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis like it was in real life.

- No mass capital flight from Indonesia during 1997-98; the main cause was that Indonesian banks, while faced with a devaluation of the Rupiah compared to the USD, still had a large reserve of other foreign currency as well as gold and Rupiah to service debts. Bank Indonesia was able to handle the crisis quite well. However, Suharto still suffered a minor stroke in 1997 that prevented him from attending the ASEAN Presidents' Summit.

- Mass rioting and looting did not happen as severe as it was in real life, particularly because the monetary crisis did not hit Indonesia so hard (GDP fell by 35-38%, several points above Thailand, the source of the crisis). However, the Indonesian Reformation still happened, and Suharto was forced to step down from power. His successor, President B.J. Habibie, passed laws granting autonomy, political freedom, freed many political prisoners and also held a referendum in East Timor. Military personnel were withdrawn immediately, so there was little to no human rights violations. The Corruption Eradication Commission was formed in 1999 to investigate New Order corrupt bureaucrats and cronies, and confiscate their wealth. A new job and investment legislation is passed, allowing faster economic recovery and easier investment avenues in Indonesia. The Ministry of Information and Ministry of Welfare, two of the New Order's primary weapons to stranglehold the country (the former to control the media and the latter presenting a large corruption problem) was disbanded; the Corruption Eradication Commission was authorized to imprison ex-New Order bureaucrats.

- In 2002, to prevent the tensions across the country as experienced under President Abdurrahman Wahid, the MPR authorized the 4th amendment of the 1945 Indonesian Constitution. It formally changed the name of first-level subdivisions from province to state, and granted states greater autonomy in regional government (similar to Indian states). However, the clause of Indonesia being an "Unitary State" is still maintained; and political parties must also adhere to the Pancasila (Indonesia's national ideology as laid out in the 1945 constitution), although, given that Pancasila encompassed a broad spectrum of politics, this clause was not very limiting on the formation of political parties.

- In 2006, real per capita income has surpassed fiscal year of 1996/1997 levels, and was well on track to resume Indonesia's pre-1997 growth levels. 2007 and 2008 recorded an unprecedented spike of 8.0% to 9.0% before being slowed down by the 2008 financial crisis. Unlike many of its more export-dependent neighbours, Indonesia managed to skirt the Great Recession, helped by strong domestic demand (which makes up about two-thirds of the economy) and a government fiscal stimulus package of about 1.4% of GDP. After India and China, Indonesia became the third-fastest growing economy in the G20. The $512-billion-economy expanded 7.4% in the first quarter from a year earlier, and in the previous month, the IMF revised its 2009 forecast for the country to 5-6% from 4.5%. With the rapid reduction of public and external debt, strengthening of public and corporate sector banking sheets, and capitalization to reduce banking vulnerabilities, Indonesia managed to reach an unemployment rate of 5.8% in 2012.

- Batam Port in Riau Islands and Patimban Port in Pasundan opened in 2013 with capacity of 9 and 7 million TEUs each, respectively. Over time this would increase as investment and production of goods in Indonesia increased.

- In 2016, mass protests happened in Jakarta as a result of Jakarta (ethnic Chinese and Christian) governor Basuki "Ahok" Purnama's alleged defamation of the Qur'an. However, it was later found out that the evidence to this accusation is, in fact, an edited video. Subsequently the Central Jakarta District Court ruled that Purnama was not guilty of blasphemy. A rally was held by conservative groups on 2th December, 2016 (the 212 Movement). This surge of popular outcry cost Purnama his re-election as Jakarta Governor. However, when protesters rioted, demanded for Purnama to be thrown in jail, President Widodo (the former Governor of Jakarta; Purnama was his vice-governor) authorized the mass arrest of protesters, faced with charges of destroying public facilities, defamations, and hate speech. The Indonesian Military patrolled the streets of Jakarta for three months, until tensions subsided. Meanwhile, the conservative cleric al-Habib Muhammad Rizieq Shihab, one of the Movement's primary supporters, became involved in a criminal case involving sexually explicit messages he exchanged with Firza Hussein. Subsequently Shihab fled to Mecca, Saudi Arabia (to perform 'umrah), but has not since returned to Indonesia. The Indonesian National Police issued an arrest warrant for him in case he ever returned. Government crackdowns towards conservative groups, however, still happened - with several critics saying that Indonesia "is sliding backwards towards the New Order era".

- House of Representatives speaker Setya Novanto, involved in a mass corruption scandal (regarding the electronic ID card program thaw was implemented across Indonesia), was caught by the Corruption Eradication Commission. Further investigations reveal even bigger corruption scandal involving many government officials. All of them was subsequently seized and imprisoned in the island prison of Nusa Kambangan (off the coast of Central Java), while several new anti-corruption laws are passed on the parliament. This incident helped to massively reduce the amount of government corruption in Indonesia.

- A series of infrastructure (highways, ports, airports, and more) projects as well as a new job creation and investment law was passed on 2019, shortly after President Widodo's re-election. This further increased foreign investment in Indonesia, especially with the booming trade war between the United States and China.

Do not remove - Alpha42

Btw, do we have a discord?

Accepted

Sard, seeing as how I'm unfamiliar with Indonesia but you are quite the contrary, I was able to understand some of the history, but could you briefly explain the key differences in Indonesia and how it may impact them on the foreign stage and with international relations? You're obviously already accepted, this question is just out of pure curiosity and interest.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

Langenia wrote:snip-

-snip-

Am I the only one concerned with Turkey having a nuclear-powered supercarrier, and especially the fact that they were allowed to purchase it with seemingly no protest from any neighboring nation?
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am

Monsone wrote:
-snip-

Am I the only one concerned with Turkey having a nuclear-powered supercarrier, and especially the fact that they were allowed to purchase it with seemingly no protest from any neighboring nation?

Yeah I can see the amphibious assault ship but I’m hesitant on the full blown nuclear carrier.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:29 am

Sarderia wrote:You want to control Commonwealth Realms' militaries for your own benefit? That is a bit unfair if you ask me. It would be better if NPC reactions are handled by the OP, for fairness towards all players.

Not really their militaries. The dynamic of controlling and having to deal with the foreign and economic aspects of each of the Commonwealth nations would be interesting to say the least. I honestly would rather deal with both countries as NPC territories. It was not a power grab and I don't want you to be misunderstood in my intentions. If the lack of players for nations becomes an issue with rising conflicts I just wouldn't be opposed to fairly coordinating the efforts of another nation without showing favoritism towards my primary. In this situation it just so happens that obviously Canada and Australia are mutual allies of the U.K so it appeared so, as much as my interest in playing either of them stems from my continued research of how the U.K works inside and out both domestically and internationally. Cheers and sorry for any misunderstanding!

I just don't want the balance of things be moved into your favor because you can "determine" how the Commonwealth Realms' foreign affairs would work, either in regards to the UK or other countries. It is above all determined by the domestic political climate in the respective countries and most of all their national interests. You don't see Canada or Australia joining the British intervention in Sierra Leone, for example (there are New Zealand, Pakistan, and India, but all 3 participated under the banner of UNIFIL, not by British persuasion).
Last edited by Sarderia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse