NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Empire's End (Character RP/OOC/Signups) [OPEN!!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue May 18, 2021 10:08 am

Abbeyverne wrote:
Alozia wrote:updated the app

Excellent! Looking good. Whenever you are done, just say so.

I mean it pretty much is done, unless there are any suggestions.
Last edited by Alozia on Tue May 18, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 am

Alozia wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:
Excellent! Looking good. Whenever you are done, just say so.

I mean it pretty much is done, unless there are any suggestions.

Ok! I will absolutely accept what is there! It will be great to have at least one member who doesn't control whole fleets.

OP of Empire's End RP, Frequenter of P2TM, and part of the F7 delegation along with -Astoria, Valentine Z, Western Fardelshufflestein, La Xinga, and Nooooooooooooooo.
“...My only complaint is that this guy seems to have plot armor thicker than the hull of a battleship. What’s this Holy Grail thing, anyway? I tried looking it up using foreign information networks but I kept seeing footage of knights being butchered by a rabbit... I don’t think that was a legitimate source.”

...and Josephus sorta started a nuclear war, so I'll just ignore the fact that Kakistopia has almost 50% of deaths due in some part to the God-Empress, and I'll also ignore that Josephus XII was raised as a child-soldier, and I'll say Josephus is the more horrible leader.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Tue May 18, 2021 11:07 am

Earth Allies wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:
Okkayyyy..... I'd recommend he stay in the dedicated command suite on the bridge of the Mon Cal, where he can command his force far more effectively, but that's just my personal opinion.

Yes he really sits there....for untill a smol force is need...he uses Oppy

So... something?
World Health Organization
Part of the ICDN
Earth-1: HRM is head of Starfleet
Earth-NS: NS Forum, HRM is President of Earth Allies

Chads Bizarre Adventure wrote:You always make the best RPs 8)

To boldly..[Insert something here]

Lotrisia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrisia » Tue May 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Abbeyverne wrote:
Oh, also, how did your vessels close the gap to my force so fast? You were about in line with Ormata's fleet, and now Paramount is outrunning fighters? You had a slightly more direct vector, but still.

Not that I'm asking you to change anything, I can still work with one corvette down and a damaged Incursor.

I'm not that close, ~10 000km is still a good planetary radius away from your fleet, it's just within effective firing range for the Paramount because she has beefy sensors and a high volume of fire. The gap itself is only closing, and it'll be another post yet before I actually get close enough to give your fleet a proper mauling. It's worth noting that Allegiances like the Paramount are pretty fast, they're a match for ISDs and those have been shown on-screen to reel in the Falcon relatively easily. My fighters are still faster than my capital ships, which is why I'm sending them around rather than simply sending them straight in.

Overall, my two heavy units aren't any slower than your ISDs, but no faster either, and I'm slowed down by my Venator and Gladiators. Not sure about what your Incursors can pull, but probably a similar ballpark to those, so I'd only be able to match range with my heavy ships if you started running for deep space.
Last edited by Lotrisia on Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Wed May 19, 2021 3:56 am

Earth Allies wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Yes he really sits there....for untill a smol force is need...he uses Oppy

So... something?

Ok.

Have you made the changes the others asked for?

OP of Empire's End RP, Frequenter of P2TM, and part of the F7 delegation along with -Astoria, Valentine Z, Western Fardelshufflestein, La Xinga, and Nooooooooooooooo.
“...My only complaint is that this guy seems to have plot armor thicker than the hull of a battleship. What’s this Holy Grail thing, anyway? I tried looking it up using foreign information networks but I kept seeing footage of knights being butchered by a rabbit... I don’t think that was a legitimate source.”

...and Josephus sorta started a nuclear war, so I'll just ignore the fact that Kakistopia has almost 50% of deaths due in some part to the God-Empress, and I'll also ignore that Josephus XII was raised as a child-soldier, and I'll say Josephus is the more horrible leader.

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Wed May 19, 2021 4:02 am

Lotrisia wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:
Oh, also, how did your vessels close the gap to my force so fast? You were about in line with Ormata's fleet, and now Paramount is outrunning fighters? You had a slightly more direct vector, but still.

Not that I'm asking you to change anything, I can still work with one corvette down and a damaged Incursor.

I'm not that close, ~10 000km is still a good planetary radius away from your fleet, it's just within effective firing range for the Paramount because she has beefy sensors and a high volume of fire. The gap itself is only closing, and it'll be another post yet before I actually get close enough to give your fleet a proper mauling. It's worth noting that Allegiances like the Paramount are pretty fast, they're a match for ISDs and those have been shown on-screen to reel in the Falcon relatively easily. My fighters are still faster than my capital ships, which is why I'm sending them around rather than simply sending them straight in.

Overall, my two heavy units aren't any slower than your ISDs, but no faster either, and I'm slowed down by my Venator and Gladiators. Not sure about what your Incursors can pull, but probably a similar ballpark to those, so I'd only be able to match range with my heavy ships if you started running for deep space.

Ok. I’d think the Incursors are faster than Destroyers since they were designed for hit and run attacks, and were shown in the one video they appeared keeping up with a Pelta-class frigate?

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Wed May 19, 2021 8:39 am

Abbeyverne wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:So... something?

Ok.

Yes....tired
Part of the ICDN

Lotrisia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrisia » Thu May 20, 2021 2:16 am

Abbeyverne wrote:
Lotrisia wrote:

Ok. I’d think the Incursors are faster than Destroyers since they were designed for hit and run attacks, and were shown in the one video they appeared keeping up with a Pelta-class frigate?

Peltas are also difficult to ballpark against things like ISDs, since we never see a straight line chase between an ISD and a Pelta in the same fashion as we do between ISDs and things like the Millennium Falcon or Tantive IV, so that's not much help to us. At a guess, Incursors are probably of a similar speed to the ISD, since that's pretty much the upper end of what line capital ships can pull before the requirements on the frame force major tradeoffs on durability and output. The Incursor is, after all, a patrol ship first and foremost. Much faster and you're starting to give fighters a run for their money, which I reckon should be the purview of dedicated pursuit vessels.

Tl;dr I won't be able to reel you in if you start running, but you won't be able to open the range either. Probably best for you to run for it now so that you minimise damage before the New Republic arrives

Also, as a quick word of warning, your forces are too small to try match the Paramount, so if it brings you to close range it'll eat your ISDs alive. Be very careful of trying to commit to any sort of fight at the moment, slowing down is putting the TC in a hell of a lot of danger, and I know you'd rather that they didn't get wiped out this early on
Last edited by Lotrisia on Thu May 20, 2021 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Thu May 20, 2021 6:07 am

Lotrisia wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:

Peltas are also difficult to ballpark against things like ISDs, since we never see a straight line chase between an ISD and a Pelta in the same fashion as we do between ISDs and things like the Millennium Falcon or Tantive IV, so that's not much help to us. At a guess, Incursors are probably of a similar speed to the ISD, since that's pretty much the upper end of what line capital ships can pull before the requirements on the frame force major tradeoffs on durability and output. The Incursor is, after all, a patrol ship first and foremost. Much faster and you're starting to give fighters a run for their money, which I reckon should be the purview of dedicated pursuit vessels.

Tl;dr I won't be able to reel you in if you start running, but you won't be able to open the range either. Probably best for you to run for it now so that you minimise damage before the New Republic arrives

Also, as a quick word of warning, your forces are too small to try match the Paramount, so if it brings you to close range it'll eat your ISDs alive. Be very careful of trying to commit to any sort of fight at the moment, slowing down is putting the TC in a hell of a lot of danger, and I know you'd rather that they didn't get wiped out this early on

Yeah, they are gonna run home fast, then turn back around and head off to Bespin.

New Oceanum
Secretary

Founded: Mar 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Thu May 20, 2021 8:28 am

Abbeyverne wrote:Yeah, they are gonna run home fast, then turn back around and head off to Bespin.

I can't say I didn't see this coming, but I didn't see it coming from a mile away either. I'm already working on a "Departing Bespin" post. From what I can see, this will end up like the opening of Episode 8, but in reverse, with the Imperial Remnants fleeing the NR.
NS STATS ARE NULL AND VOID FOR THIS NATION
A puppet nation of Mountainus
This nation does not represent my IRL views.

A Late PMT Nation Located in the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Thu May 20, 2021 8:37 am

New Oceanum wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:Yeah, they are gonna run home fast, then turn back around and head off to Bespin.

I can't say I didn't see this coming, but I didn't see it coming from a mile away either. I'm already working on a "Departing Bespin" post. From what I can see, this will end up like the opening of Episode 8, but in reverse, with the Imperial Remnants fleeing the NR.

Well, we aren't exactly NR, but yeah. Except maybe we will use actually good tactics? (I of course hate that film)

New Oceanum
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Thu May 20, 2021 9:24 am

Abbeyverne wrote:Well, we aren't exactly NR, but yeah. Except maybe we will use actually good tactics? (I of course hate that film)

Maybe that might stop my fleet from escaping, but I think we can work out the battle via Telegram, if my fleet doesn't flee first. Also, quick question: how long is an hour in number of posts?

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Thu May 20, 2021 9:40 am

New Oceanum wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:Well, we aren't exactly NR, but yeah. Except maybe we will use actually good tactics? (I of course hate that film)

Maybe that might stop my fleet from escaping, but I think we can work out the battle via Telegram, if my fleet doesn't flee first. Also, quick question: how long is an hour in number of posts?

It really depends about time, if we are in battle, it could be as little as a few minutes/post, out of battle, maybe as fast as a week/post. And as far as how the battle will work, I'm sure your fleet will have left by then.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu May 20, 2021 9:44 am

Earth Allies wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:
Ok.

Yes....tired

Ok....I´m done :Dizziness:
Part of the ICDN

New Oceanum
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Thu May 20, 2021 10:07 am

Abbeyverne wrote:It really depends about time, if we are in battle, it could be as little as a few minutes/post, out of battle, maybe as fast as a week/post. And as far as how the battle will work, I'm sure your fleet will have left by then.

Okay, so if I timejump an hour or two ahead in my next post (from the time Thrymn's demands were made), no big deal?
Last edited by New Oceanum on Thu May 20, 2021 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Thu May 20, 2021 10:21 am

New Oceanum wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:It really depends about time, if we are in battle, it could be as little as a few minutes/post, out of battle, maybe as fast as a week/post. And as far as how the battle will work, I'm sure your fleet will have left by then.

Okay, so if I timejump an hour or two ahead in my next post (from the time Thrymn's demands were made), no big deal?

Correct.

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Thu May 20, 2021 5:26 pm

Alright, so Imma post up tomorrow, and it will be occurring about an hour and a half before New Oceanum’s.

My rough plan is:

TC forces return home, then turn for Bespin.

PA forces breath a collective sigh of relief, then organize what’s left and will probably stick around and try to sneak off when the NR finally shows up.

New Oceanum
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Thu May 20, 2021 7:07 pm

Abbeyverne wrote:Alright, so Imma post up tomorrow, and it will be occurring about an hour and a half before New Oceanum’s.

My rough plan is:

PA forces breath a collective sigh of relief, then organize what’s left and will probably stick around and try to sneak off when the NR finally shows up.

Okay, will this consist of an attack on my fleet? If so, could this post be a co-op where we possibly work on it VIA Telegram? I just want to know OOC so I am not caught off guard. And also, how many credits worth of tibanna do you think I could've nabbed from the NR troops on Bespin and the Imperial Garrison on Cloud City?
Last edited by New Oceanum on Thu May 20, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotrisia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lotrisia » Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 am

I'm going to start working up a post with the battle happening at Fondor, posting probably some time tomorrow, so if anyone involved there has a post they'd like to get done then please tell me now

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 am

New Oceanum wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:Alright, so Imma post up tomorrow, and it will be occurring about an hour and a half before New Oceanum’s.

My rough plan is:

Okay, will this consist of an attack on my fleet? If so, could this post be a co-op where we possibly work on it VIA Telegram? I just want to know OOC so I am not caught off guard. And also, how many credits worth of tibanna do you think I could've nabbed from the NR troops on Bespin and the Imperial Garrison on Cloud City?

Probably a good bit of tibanna if that’s all you’ve been doing.

We can talk via tg, but I’m going to attack your vanguard after the main fleet leaves.

New Oceanum
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Fri May 21, 2021 9:19 am

Abbeyverne wrote:Probably a good bit of tibanna if that’s all you’ve been doing.

We can talk via tg, but I’m going to attack your vanguard after the main fleet leaves.

Okay. Thanks, but can you please clarify what you mean by '...but I’m going to attack your vanguard after the main fleet leaves...' ? I'm having my fleet leave Bespin entirely. Victory-1, Quasar, space station, everything.

Abbeyverne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Abbeyverne » Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 pm

New Oceanum wrote:
Abbeyverne wrote:Probably a good bit of tibanna if that’s all you’ve been doing.

Okay. Thanks, but can you please clarify what you mean by '...but I’m going to attack your vanguard after the main fleet leaves...' ? I'm having my fleet leave Bespin entirely. Victory-1, Quasar, space station, everything.

Oh... then I guess I will attack the fleet. What’s all there?

New Oceanum
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Fri May 21, 2021 5:17 pm

Abbeyverne wrote:Oh... then I guess I will attack the fleet. What’s all there?

Ahem...
We have, currently, in orbit of Bespin, ready to fight or flee (meaning jump to lightspeed or fight):
-1x Mandator III-class SSD (Modified)
-8x Imperial II-class ISD
-4x Interdictor-class ISD
-8x Arquitens-class command cruiser
-7x Gozanti-class Assault Carrier
-Theta Station (Mobile orbital outpost, similar to Fondor Station in design, but mobile)
and 4,620x TIE/LNs, 4,620x TIE/INs, 840x TIE/SAs, and 210 TIE/Ds aboard all those vessels. This is not including the reinforcements you authorized, which consist of:
-1x Victory I-class ISD
-1x Quasar Fire-class
and 86 TIE/LNs, 25 TIE/INs, and 37 TIE/SAs aboard those vessels. A singular Gonzati-class Assault Carrier is (by the time of the timeskip) quickly approaching Fondor for a recovery mission of a new character, whose application I am currently working on. So yeah. Plan wisely. And, if I can make it to Bakura and hook up with the ships there, I will be adding 2 Imperial IIs, 4 Victory IIs, and 8 Arquitens-class to that. After which, I intend to meet up with a larger remnant near the core and restart the Empire.
Last edited by New Oceanum on Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Fri May 21, 2021 8:03 pm

At this point I am unsure if Twilight Consortium can disengage easily from Fondor (transferring power to hyperdrives at the like takes time, they've only just entered the system and combat, and are under fire from Fondor Defensive Fleet assets). Were they to make the attempt, I would expect the following to happen:
  1. Multiple smaller vessels would be destroyed by Paramount's fire
  2. Twenty Class D missiles would impact into the aft section of one of your ISDs (Not the Dread Sovereign), disabling her engines and knocking out a good portion of power, and halting her exit to hyperspace
  3. Heavy damage would be inflicted on Twilight Consortium vessels by the PA
  4. Most of Twilight's fighters would be destroyed as they cannot so rapidly engage their hyperdrives (No mention was made to start hyperdrive calculations, so they're going from scratch on slower, smaller systems than your main capital ships) and would rapidly find themselves without corvette support, being overwhelmed by PA/Fondor fighters.

EDIT: Honestly if ships can just pop in any out of systems then there's little to no point in actually fighting a battle.
Last edited by Ormata on Fri May 21, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Oceanum
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby New Oceanum » Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 pm

Suprise! New character app for Thrymn's daughter, who will be a major character coming up soon.
Name: Sarah Thrymn
Faction: Imperial Dawn
Appearance: Human female, 5' 7", 22 yrs. old, fair skin, dark blue-grey eyes, black hair
Personality: Extremely charismatic, sarcastic, curious, semi-paranoid
Skills: Highly athletic and nimble, clever, good engineer, excellent pilot
Weapons: Vibrosword, A280-CFE
Ship: Dawn's Legacy (Modified VCX-100, class 1.5 Hyperdrive, AG-2G turrets replacing the other ones)
Bio: Born on the planet Kuat in 18 BBY, Sarah Thrymn is the only child of Rear Admiral Sebastian Thrymn and Berissia Thrymn. As her father was a senior officer (Captain, at the time) in the Imperial Navy, Sarah grew up as a military child, always wanting to fly in space- just like her father. After years of hard work, Sarah was accepted into the Royal Imperial Academy on Coruscant in 2 BBY. Being top of her class, Sarah was given the choice of pursuing the Military Intelligence track or the Elite Flight track. At this point, Sarah knew she wanted to fly, and chose the Elite Flight track. Unsurprisingly, Sarah Thrymn graduated top of her class in 2 ABY.

She was assigned to the 403rd Fleet- her father's fleet- and flew the TIE/IN intercepter until days after Endor, when she was granted command of her own ship- a old VCX-100- which she would use for intelligence gathering for the 403rd Fleet and Imperial Dawn. Initially, Sarah was given the task of scouting out locations for the fleet to stay, but once Rear Admiral Thrymn came up with a major plan to restart and reform the Empire, Sarah gladly became a spy that would collect data on fleet movements so that Imperial Dawn could fulfil her father's master plan, which required her to go to Fondor to monitor the activity there for the fleet...

Do Not Remove: 11992
Last edited by New Oceanum on Fri May 21, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse