NATION

PASSWORD

Imperium: Reboot (OOC/Sign Ups) Always Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:12 am

A note for all the folks whose characters had the best tutors money could buy - it's pretty likely that one of those tutors was a Deynai, since Magisters often take work tutoring noble children in order to make useful connections and raise money for their other operations. They are especially effective in teaching languages, and are highly sought-after: providing a Deynai tutor for your child is a major prestige move. So a number of these nobles might have known Deynai when they were younger.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:21 am

I just might make an explorer hell bent on finding Old Earth

Just for fun and the idea really interests me
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:33 am

Reverend Norv wrote:A note for all the folks whose characters had the best tutors money could buy - it's pretty likely that one of those tutors was a Deynai, since Magisters often take work tutoring noble children in order to make useful connections and raise money for their other operations. They are especially effective in teaching languages, and are highly sought-after: providing a Deynai tutor for your child is a major prestige move. So a number of these nobles might have known Deynai when they were younger.

I'd certainly be open to that link. The Cult of the Maker doesn't mind too much when it comes to religious exposure. Do the Deynai operate out to the fringes of the Imperium?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018

Postby Bolslania » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:36 am

Reverend Norv wrote:A note for all the folks whose characters had the best tutors money could buy - it's pretty likely that one of those tutors was a Deynai, since Magisters often take work tutoring noble children in order to make useful connections and raise money for their other operations. They are especially effective in teaching languages, and are highly sought-after: providing a Deynai tutor for your child is a major prestige move. So a number of these nobles might have known Deynai when they were younger.

Do you think a Deynai would be working as an advisor to a governing body?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 am

Revlona wrote:I just might make an explorer hell bent on finding Old Earth

Quintara is looking currently, but she's more interested in whatever doomsday technology might be left there than the historical significance, and it's also just one of a number of leads she follows at any given time.

Quintara might have had one, although she was the fifth child so it's about even odds that they did or didn't invest in that. She was originally a linguist before she diversified into other fields, however, so it would make sense that she had a Deynai tutor for a time.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Revlona wrote:I just might make an explorer hell bent on finding Old Earth

Quintara is looking currently, but she's more interested in whatever doomsday technology might be left there than the historical significance, and it's also just one of a number of leads she follows at any given time.

Quintara might have had one, although she was the fifth child so it's about even odds that they did or didn't invest in that. She was originally a linguist before she diversified into other fields, however, so it would make sense that she had a Deynai tutor for a time.

I'm thinking of going for a more generalized explorer who loves the idea of charting the unknown whos ultimate goal is to find old earth, she fully believes it existed and has long dreamed of finding it.

I think any interaction between our characters if it happened would be very interesting because of their different reasons for wanting to find it
Lover of doggos

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:52 am

The OP did say that the first 3 pages of IC will have to be setup
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:53 am

Sure, though likely only for a short time before the Zakharins dismissed them and got a new tutor or sent Vladimir to a new academy.

He had a high wear rate.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Caltharus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltharus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:56 am

Hah i suppose having good teachers is a given when you come from a rich noble house. Anyways having a Deynai tutor my character sounds good, one could've been hired after he became the sole heir.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:56 am

Union Princes wrote:The OP did say that the first 3 pages of IC will have to be setup

How do you mean?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 am

Union Princes wrote:The OP did say that the first 3 pages of IC will have to be setup

Gotta power up those glassing masers to deal with the unruly peasants.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 am

Revlona wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

I'm thinking of going for a more generalized explorer who loves the idea of charting the unknown whos ultimate goal is to find old earth, she fully believes it existed and has long dreamed of finding it.

I think any interaction between our characters if it happened would be very interesting because of their different reasons for wanting to find it

Quintara tends not to say her actual reasons for the simple fact that most people would, quite rightfully, find them detestable.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:02 am

Revlona wrote:

How do you mean?

Imp said that anyone declaring open revolt or seccession in the first 3 pages of the IC is gonna get dunked on by the Empire.

As for me, I guess I'm gonna start strengthening corporate hold. When corporate guidelines stand higher than Imperial Law, things will surely be fun.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:03 am

Revlona wrote:

How do you mean?

We’re playing on such a massive geographic scale that some exposition initially is gonna be necessary, I think.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 am

Yeah, the Imperium isn't under stress just yet. Its gonna be the calm before the store.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 am

Just means I get more time to explore before shit hits the fan
Lover of doggos

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:08 am

Caltharus wrote:

Hah i suppose having good teachers is a given when you come from a rich noble house. Anyways having a Deynai tutor my character sounds good, one could've been hired after he became the sole heir.

Works for me!

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

I'd certainly be open to that link. The Cult of the Maker doesn't mind too much when it comes to religious exposure. Do the Deynai operate out to the fringes of the Imperium?

They are, in fact, especially active on the fringe, since that is where you find a disproportionate amount of conflict, poverty, and people who need help. So that makes a great deal of sense.

Bolslania wrote:

Certainly. Among other things, they are highly valued as diplomats and negotiators; their neutrality is total, their integrity unimpeachable, and they are very good at reading people because they can literally choose to hear your heart beat like a living polygraph. So they would be valuable in that advisory role, especially in managing any kind of negotiation. But the governing body would always know that a Deynai advisor is not, ultimately, loyal to them; a Deynai is answerable only to his or her conscience, and they will advise you accordingly - to do the right thing, not necessarily the thing that's in your best interests.

Lunas Legion wrote:

Yes, that makes sense: while it would be a big investment for a younger child, Deynai linguistics training would certainly have given Quintara a big head start in her academic pursuits.

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Sure, though likely only for a short time before the Zakharins dismissed them and got a new tutor or sent Vladimir to a new academy.

He had a high wear rate.

Fair enough - not everyone would have liked their Deynai tutors, naturally.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:10 am

Quite possible, though the Duchy of Rosewood is the oldest Great House in the Imperium, so it probably has some very exceptional universities and academies the House could call upon, though it never hurts to bring in outside experts as well.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 am

WIth that much influence in the Senate, it's gonna be pretty obvious that Irene's proposal would be laughed out of the Imperial government since one of her sections is anti-Deynai.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:19 am

Reverend Norv wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Sure, though likely only for a short time before the Zakharins dismissed them and got a new tutor or sent Vladimir to a new academy.

He had a high wear rate.

Oh no, it's not about dislike.

Vladimir was simply an exceedingly poor student and his parents, in an effort to find someone or someplace that could give him a good education that he wouldn't fail at, frequently switched out tutors or sent him to new academies.

He might've even liked his Deynai tutor back when he had them. I haven't had the time yet to read your app Norv so I can't fully judge that yet wether he'd have liked or disliked them.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 am

Name: Amelia Orion
Nickname:
Birth Date: March 4th, 25,682 CE
Planet of Origin: Nova-Terra
Race/Species: Nova-Terran
Height: 5'8
Weight: 138lbs
Physical Description or Image:

Social Class: Daughter to a non noble but rich family
Titles: Captain, Explorer
Hobbies/Pastimes: Reading, Drawing
Talents/Skills: Hand to Hand combat, Shooting, Cooking
Religious Beliefs: Atheist
Personality: Amelia is an extremely inquisitive person to the point of near insanity. She loves learning new things, she is extremely pushy in learning new things but tries not to be outright rude.
Biography: Born to the extremely wealthy Orion family, Amelia has never lacked in her needs or wants. Her family ran one of the Galaxies premier exploration firms so she grew up loving the unknown. Much of her early life was spent aboard exploration ships with her parents as the uncovered new worlds and systems to the galaxy. She has long wished the same dream of her parents and of every true explorer to live, she wishes to find the Old Human worlds, Alpha Centuri, Sirius, Mars, and the Crown Jewel of them all, Earth. Terra, the birthplace of humanity, Amelia would give anything to find it. Her personal Exploration ship the Lucky Lady peruses the stars in search of the Crown Jewel of humanity.
Lover of doggos

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018

Postby Bolslania » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 am

Reverend Norv wrote:
Caltharus wrote:

Works for me!

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

They are, in fact, especially active on the fringe, since that is where you find a disproportionate amount of conflict, poverty, and people who need help. So that makes a great deal of sense.

Bolslania wrote:

Certainly. Among other things, they are highly valued as diplomats and negotiators; their neutrality is total, their integrity unimpeachable, and they are very good at reading people because they can literally choose to hear your heart beat like a living polygraph. So they would be valuable in that advisory role, especially in managing any kind of negotiation. But the governing body would always know that a Deynai advisor is not, ultimately, loyal to them; a Deynai is answerable only to his or her conscience, and they will advise you accordingly - to do the right thing, not necessarily the thing that's in your best interests.

Lunas Legion wrote:

Yes, that makes sense: while it would be a big investment for a younger child, Deynai linguistics training would certainly have given Quintara a big head start in her academic pursuits.

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Sure, though likely only for a short time before the Zakharins dismissed them and got a new tutor or sent Vladimir to a new academy.

He had a high wear rate.

Looks like some funds will be going to acquiring a Deynai advisor then.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Given the decentralized nature of the Imperial forces, does that mean we get to create our own weapons, equipment, and starships?

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:34 pm

Union Princes wrote:Given the decentralized nature of the Imperial forces, does that mean we get to create our own weapons, equipment, and starships?

They’re not that decentralized to not have a degree of standardized equipment and Arsenal.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Imperialisium wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Given the decentralized nature of the Imperial forces, does that mean we get to create our own weapons, equipment, and starships?

They’re not that decentralized to not have a degree of standardized equipment and Arsenal.

I would imagine that there's a central Imperial army that the state uses against big ol' threats, and then you got the PDF to handle anything on the smaller scale like pirates and likewise.

And besides, having a decentralized design process over military goods would be a nightmare of logistics that would easily hamstring the Imperial army and navy.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse