NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations III ( OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 12, 2021 11:31 am

Orostan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It actually is quite hard due to me having to circumvent the subcontinent and probably dying halfway due to a lack of knowledge of India's coastline, refill posts, and natives who can trade.

I don’t know if you’d have to refill, you could probably take a lot of food with yourself. It couldn’t be more dangerous than traveling by land, at least by sea you would be able to move faster and carry more with you. Luther also probably knows the basic outline of the area and could make it through based on that.

Sure, but even a one man with a skiff still needs logistics.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed May 12, 2021 11:34 am

Ralnis wrote:
Orostan wrote:I don’t know if you’d have to refill, you could probably take a lot of food with yourself. It couldn’t be more dangerous than traveling by land, at least by sea you would be able to move faster and carry more with you. Luther also probably knows the basic outline of the area and could make it through based on that.

Sure, but even a one man with a skiff still needs logistics.

I’m sure there would be places to trade along the way that wouldn’t get Luther killed.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Orostan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Sure, but even a one man with a skiff still needs logistics.

I’m sure there would be places to trade along the way that wouldn’t get Luther killed.

True, either way we are seeing years at least.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 12, 2021 3:32 pm

So, as I experienced sleep paralysis today and now know how it looks like, I think I will definitely use such an occurrence to further my author's religious goals.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Endem wrote:So, as I experienced sleep paralysis today and now know how it looks like, I think I will definitely use such an occurrence to further my author's religious goals.

Oh damn, I'm sorry that happened to you. At least you didn't get Old Hag Syndrome.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:So, as I experienced sleep paralysis today and now know how it looks like, I think I will definitely use such an occurrence to further my author's religious goals.

Oh damn, I'm sorry that happened to you. At least you didn't get Old Hag Syndrome.

Eh, it was scary but it didn't affect me that much, actually, I'm kinda glad because a couple months ago I've wanted to know how it is to experience hallucinations, well, I've found out.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's scary as heck, but once you realise it's just your brain doing tricks on you, it's much easier on you.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed May 12, 2021 5:46 pm

G- Tech. More stuff about turning troops. The other question is it has been five years since the taking of lands across the Danube. How loyal are the Landsraad. Is there anything festering from the Commonwealth that we could take advantage or can we buy them off with shekels from Mesopotamia. They are after all mercenaries. Would you accept the use of allies from other players?
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Wed May 12, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 12, 2021 6:44 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:G- Tech. More stuff about turning troops. The other question is it has been five years since the taking of lands across the Danube. How loyal are the Landsraad. Is there anything festering from the Commonwealth that we could take advantage or can we buy them off with shekels from Mesopotamia. They are after all mercenaries. Would you accept the use of allies from other players?

The currency is called the Shek.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 13, 2021 5:30 am

UniversalCommons wrote:G- Tech. More stuff about turning troops. The other question is it has been five years since the taking of lands across the Danube. How loyal are the Landsraad. Is there anything festering from the Commonwealth that we could take advantage or can we buy them off with shekels from Mesopotamia. They are after all mercenaries. Would you accept the use of allies from other players?

Hmm. Well, I wouldn't call the Landsknecht Imperial diehards, but mercenaries isn't exactly the right word for them. They're Nords who wanted the opportunity to migrate to the Imperium during the course of the Great Northern War, either because they were fed up with the Commonwealth's government, or aided Imperial forces, or a variety of other reasons which meant staying in Denmark was unappealing. Vladimir, being a man to never waste a good crisis, and untrusting of the foreigners, had them prove their loyalty to the state through serving in the latter part of the Danubian campaign - winning lands their families could be settled upon.

Most, I assume, aren't very interested in further conflict, being more concerned with surviving the current disorders in Dacia. There's plenty of room there for picking up a veteran who lost his wife and child and blames the Imperium and wants to go back to the old ways, or a second son disillusioned with peace and looking to relive his father's glories in reaving. But recruiting wholesale will be difficult given the state of Imperial Dacia at the moment, not to mention that it'll take time to pull together significant numbers of men - given one can't exactly just walk into an Imperial village and shout that you're looking for men to fight the state.

You might be better off turning that into a narrative about a few men - I'm sure the League could get use out of soldiers who have fought with the Imperium, if they seek to understand her strategies, weapons, and tactics for a future conflict.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 13, 2021 4:48 pm

The edit will be done tomorrow, actually got some lore up and then a new post will be up with Luther going on a journey to assassinate/join Viktor.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu May 13, 2021 7:43 pm

I wanted to use the classic elf in the woods trope. Things like the warrior spots the maiden in the lake. The maiden promises eternal love, then when he goes to sleep makes off with his armor and weapons. He finds himself naked before her brothers who are warriors. This kind of thing.

A little bad poetry from an unpoet who pretends to know it.

Diaghis MyT Man

I'm the big man
I am MyT Fine

I got a t-bone Steak
I got a sword that won't break

I'm the big man
Look at look at me

I'll give you gifts
I'll make it big

I'm the big man
My T-Fine, My T-Fine

I am a mighty, mighty man
I'm the man with the plan

Come join with me
You'll see, you'll see

I'm the big man

The Bear Warriors Boast

So let’s clear the air, I'll tear off your hair
I’ve got flair, when I fight a bear.
I rip off it’s skin, for my girl to wear,
I did it for a dare, I’m your worst nightmare –
Look close, check out my facial hair.

Relax, face facts, a fight with you would be no match
When I go to war, It is no chore
Look at me – I’m tough, I fight and I'm buff
I could say more, but you are no more

Seems to me that you’re not even skilled,
I can fill a lake with the blood I’ve spilled.
I decorate my house with heads of men I’ve killed
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri May 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Oh, quick clarification/check Commons, to make sure we're on the same page.

My impression is that both the Hands and the Daughters of Penelope aren't exactly subterfuge focused organizations. The Hands seem to deal with basically anything at all that might require direct attention from the state, and the Daughters are hedgewitches combined with midwives combined with oracles combined with herbalists. Nothing in either description leads me to believe either would be up to the standard of MI or an even playing field with the Emperor's Eyes, merely off the back of specialization. Logical enough?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Uzbekstaland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Uzbekstaland » Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Im all out of Ideas. Can someone lend me any?
American, Conservative, Looking to learn the view of the world.
The Media's evil dont eat what they feedin you their liars, deceitful and half of them probably evil

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri May 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Uzbekstaland wrote:Im all out of Ideas. Can someone lend me any?

I would look into the political structures of the tribe your Author is now aiding - start trying to supplant the heir, or get him involved in a suicidal war. Gotta usurp the throne somehow.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri May 14, 2021 2:37 pm

This is a reference to the Dark Goddess—Circe who ensorcels and poisons men. It is the darker aspect of Penelope. The seductress, the poisoner, the women who reports to temple. The temple maiden.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=38443918&hilit=goddess+penelope+penelope+dog#p38443918 Part of the job is to keep the men in line. It is the women who watches things to make sure that things are done right. Think of the Lysistrata. The women who turns men into dogs and pigs. There is another reference to a lady poisoner.
You could call them the Sisters of Circe if you wanted, a group related but not part of the Daughters of Penelope.

The hands are the hands of the League, they are problem solvers. Some would have espionage functions. They go to places and find out things. Think of the Agent Rebus, or the Hand of the Council. Some of it would be open, some of it would be secret. For example, Hand Snake develops poisons -- scorpion bombs and other terrible things, he would not be visible. There was a hand who went into Gdansk as well to help retrieve people.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Fri May 14, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri May 14, 2021 5:12 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:This is a reference to the Dark Goddess—Circe who ensorcels and poisons men. It is the darker aspect of Penelope. The seductress, the poisoner, the women who reports to temple. The temple maiden.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=38443918&hilit=goddess+penelope+penelope+dog#p38443918 Part of the job is to keep the men in line. It is the women who watches things to make sure that things are done right. Think of the Lysistrata. The women who turns men into dogs and pigs. There is another reference to a lady poisoner.
You could call them the Sisters of Circe if you wanted, a group related but not part of the Daughters of Penelope.

The hands are the hands of the League, they are problem solvers. Some would have espionage functions. They go to places and find out things. Think of the Agent Rebus, or the Hand of the Council. Some of it would be open, some of it would be secret. For example, Hand Snake develops poisons -- scorpion bombs and other terrible things, he would not be visible. There was a hand who went into Gdansk as well to help retrieve people.

Mm yeah, I remember both of those facts. A small minority of the Sisters engage manipulation, ditto the Hands. Totally cool, totally cool. Just making sure I don’t mis-portray your folks.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 16, 2021 6:56 am

I have a post in the offing, but unfortunately I’m off for a trip where I won’t be bringing along my PC - so we’re looking at a few days of delay. Any more news out of Sumeria?

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun May 16, 2021 8:13 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I have a post in the offing, but unfortunately I’m off for a trip where I won’t be bringing along my PC - so we’re looking at a few days of delay. Any more news out of Sumeria?

As usual, I can write faster than I can think. I have a post and some stuff that has a little bit to do with Sumeria. I am waiting for other people to post, so I can think about what I am posting. I don't want to clutter up things and I want to make sure the quality of my posts improves with more editing.

Writing quicker than you can think can be a dangerous habit. Because you often are reacting to things when you write quickly, you can find yourself making statements that are problematic. Slow down and think.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sun May 16, 2021 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun May 16, 2021 5:01 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:I have a post in the offing, but unfortunately I’m off for a trip where I won’t be bringing along my PC - so we’re looking at a few days of delay. Any more news out of Sumeria?

As usual, I can write faster than I can think. I have a post and some stuff that has a little bit to do with Sumeria. I am waiting for other people to post, so I can think about what I am posting. I don't want to clutter up things and I want to make sure the quality of my posts improves with more editing.

Writing quicker than you can think can be a dangerous habit. Because you often are reacting to things when you write quickly, you can find yourself making statements that are problematic. Slow down and think.

Can we exchange? You'd have a lot of thinking time with the amount of time it takes me to write a post.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 am

Today on the show “criticizing Orostan’s posts”, G-Tech! A regular guest.

Just a generic note, Orostan, but men traveling overland and even vaguely seaworthy vessels will have a very difficult time traveling more than a few hundred miles into Neolithic terrain away from their logistical bases. We’re talking unfamiliar animals, hostile locals, poisonous plants, novel diseases, uncharted reefs, sudden storms... it is really quite unlikely that any of those expeditions will get far, before turning back. And those who don’t turn back proactively won’t return at all.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon May 17, 2021 7:39 am

A suggestion to Orostan. You might want to give a reason why they can move quickly. Maybe they are on light horse with a pair of horses each. Maybe, they have trained scouts or rangers or nomad guides who are used to being on the move or have some locals to help them move through the terrain, they have hired some locals to help guide them. Maybe they are using the classic single wheel barrow with the sail, it is designed to carry heavy weights on narrow roads over long distances. Or you could have men map the territory for resources and build dirt roads expanding your reach. Kind of a steady, slow expansion.

Also, 150 people is a lot of people if you want to go fast. 45-50 people with horses, local guides makes more sense. Large, well provisioned expeditions tend to move very slowly and not be nimble enough. They also drive away the locals because of the huge number of people. A small group packed lightly set for speed and able to work with the natives tends to work better.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 am

UniversalCommons wrote:A suggestion to Orostan. You might want to give a reason why they can move quickly. Maybe they are on light horse with a pair of horses each. Maybe, they have trained scouts or rangers or nomad guides who are used to being on the move or have some locals to help them move through the terrain, they have hired some locals to help guide them. Maybe they are using the classic single wheel barrow with the sail, it is designed to carry heavy weights on narrow roads over long distances. Or you could have men map the territory for resources and build dirt roads expanding your reach. Kind of a steady, slow expansion.

Also, 150 people is a lot of people if you want to go fast. 45-50 people with horses, local guides makes more sense. Large, well provisioned expeditions tend to move very slowly and not be nimble enough. They also drive away the locals because of the huge number of people. A small group packed lightly set for speed and able to work with the natives tends to work better.
(Image)

That makes sense, I’ll include that in the next post.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Today on the show “criticizing Orostan’s posts”, G-Tech! A regular guest.

Just a generic note, Orostan, but men traveling overland and even vaguely seaworthy vessels will have a very difficult time traveling more than a few hundred miles into Neolithic terrain away from their logistical bases. We’re talking unfamiliar animals, hostile locals, poisonous plants, novel diseases, uncharted reefs, sudden storms... it is really quite unlikely that any of those expeditions will get far, before turning back. And those who don’t turn back proactively won’t return at all.

The ships will obviously go farther than the people can. I doubt many of the diseases around the world except for what’s going on in Europe are very bad. China has probably been indirectly trading with much of Asia before Aaron ever got there. I was also planning on having the land expeditions work like a nomadic tribe where they’d take livestock with them. You have over and over again said that a lot of the tribes in my area would have been nomadic - why don’t I use some of their people for this then?
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 17, 2021 9:13 am

Other than you posting anti-Sumerian propaganda. Which I must ask to cease and decease. If not, then I will be calling my legal department.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Sorry i've been away for a few days.

are there any pressing IC posts which i should probably be alerted of?

Also, i've discussed it some with G but, be aware that within the relative near future: time skip imminent.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Mon May 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Joohan wrote:Sorry i've been away for a few days.

are there any pressing IC posts which i should probably be alerted of?

Also, i've discussed it some with G but, be aware that within the relative near future: time skip imminent.

I want to do some exploring and was interested in how far it would be realistic to go. By sea, do you think it's realistic to reach Myanmar or Bangladesh?

If we are doing a time skip I would like some indirect trade to be happening around that time between China and Europe. Maybe it would also be possible for Chinese ships to infrequently reach Egypt.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse