NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations III ( OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:Ok sorry, burn is maybe the wrong word, let's call it, violent change of management, or the basic plan, kill all the slavers, destroy their palaces, rebuild the economy with something that does not involve trading slaves, encourage former slaves to open business, start fishing or farming, become merchants etc, lastly, build churches.

Instead of mass destruction or the killing of slavers, let Sumeria help. Sumeria is the largest/will be the largest force in the Gulf. Economic pressure and the slavery crash will force the nations to dance to the tune of Ur's change. You can force change but change will through itself back, including Sumeria pro-slavers who will leave the country to find better profits if they can't go underground. Even with the violent change of of management will cause a depression in the region as they are one of the major naval powers and then it went poof.

Well at least the Merchant Princes will be going to the Sumerian islands and Ur with their navies.

How do I say it, I already decided that Dilmun will become a fishing center, there'll be a fishing industry, and some agriculture, the slavers and their palaces will burn, the slaves and those who joined my cause willingly will be encouraged to grow ( as per one of the tenets of the religion I've made in this RP ) on the ashes of the slavers.

I mean, I may make my civ militant, but I wasn't going to be some unwashed horde of barbarians bringing apocalyptic doom and gloom.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Instead of mass destruction or the killing of slavers, let Sumeria help. Sumeria is the largest/will be the largest force in the Gulf. Economic pressure and the slavery crash will force the nations to dance to the tune of Ur's change. You can force change but change will through itself back, including Sumeria pro-slavers who will leave the country to find better profits if they can't go underground. Even with the violent change of of management will cause a depression in the region as they are one of the major naval powers and then it went poof.

Well at least the Merchant Princes will be going to the Sumerian islands and Ur with their navies.

How do I say it, I already decided that Dilmun will become a fishing center, there'll be a fishing industry, and some agriculture, the slavers and their palaces will burn, the slaves and those who joined my cause willingly will be encouraged to grow ( as per one of the tenets of the religion I've made in this RP ) on the ashes of the slavers.

I mean, I may make my civ militant, but I wasn't going to be some unwashed horde of barbarians bringing apocalyptic doom and gloom.

And this is how Sumeria controls the trade in the Gulf for decades.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:How do I say it, I already decided that Dilmun will become a fishing center, there'll be a fishing industry, and some agriculture, the slavers and their palaces will burn, the slaves and those who joined my cause willingly will be encouraged to grow ( as per one of the tenets of the religion I've made in this RP ) on the ashes of the slavers.

And this is how Sumeria controls the trade in the Gulf for decades.

Meh, controlling the trade was never my priority, as long as I can exploit the Sumerian trade network for the spread of my faith, I'm happy and my plans are fulfilled.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:And this is how Sumeria controls the trade in the Gulf for decades.

Meh, controlling the trade was never my priority, as long as I can exploit the Sumerian trade network for the spread of my faith, I'm happy and my plans are fulfilled.

Nice try. Just because I let slavery go doesn't mean I'll let a militant religion in my borders. Only my militant religion can survive( or Aksumite Christianity, that's the decent one.)

Not to mention you razed and destroyed one of the most prosperous trader nations in the world over something that could be pressured and destroyed due to Sumeria making an actual stance to get rid of it. So my question why should I let you near my network?
Last edited by Ralnis on Wed May 05, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm

I have made a counter speech in the square. We are claiming that the men who approached Victor are rebels who killed forty men and murdered people in the night, that they cannot represent us. That Dotos acts as usurper. He is consort, not ruler. His claim is not backed by the nobles.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm

There are acts of duress in many cases with the Imperium. An oath under duress is not a good thing. An affirmation of alliance is different than oath. There are many such oaths. I would assume there are going to be problems.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Last edited by UniversalCommons on Thu May 06, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 05, 2021 6:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:Meh, controlling the trade was never my priority, as long as I can exploit the Sumerian trade network for the spread of my faith, I'm happy and my plans are fulfilled.

Nice try. Just because I let slavery go doesn't mean I'll let a militant religion in my borders. Only my militant religion can survive( or Aksumite Christianity, that's the decent one.)

Not to mention you razed and destroyed one of the most prosperous trader nations in the world over something that could be pressured and destroyed due to Sumeria making an actual stance to get rid of it. So my question why should I let you near my network?

Because I'll take the place of Dilmun.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Nice try. Just because I let slavery go doesn't mean I'll let a militant religion in my borders. Only my militant religion can survive( or Aksumite Christianity, that's the decent one.)

Because I'll take the place of Dilmun.

With no one doing business with you because you toppled and destroyed a nation. At least in the beginning. Hell the surviving Merchant Princes and supporters I'll cede one of the islands to them and make them a vassal. They can expand power and regional trade in my stead.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:I have made a counter speech in the square. We are claiming that the men who approached Victor are rebels who killed forty men and murdered people in the night, that they cannot represent us. That Dotos acts as usurper. He is consort, not ruler. His claim is not backed by the nobles.

Tsk tsk. I guess we’ll have to turf out the Scholars more proactively.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:I have made a counter speech in the square. We are claiming that the men who approached Victor are rebels who killed forty men and murdered people in the night, that they cannot represent us. That Dotos acts as usurper. He is consort, not ruler. His claim is not backed by the nobles.

Tsk tsk. I guess we’ll have to turf out the Scholars more proactively.

Sumerian mercenaries coming out of the sewer when?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 05, 2021 7:01 pm

Oh, uh, Commons? You might want to re-read my post again. None of that discussion was public. The only thing happening in the central square is the distribution of aid, food, all that jazz. Nobody save the Wanax, Dotos, and their allies will have heard of any of these discussions yet.

That was a nice scene though. Sorry to shoot it in the foot.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:Because I'll take the place of Dilmun.

With no one doing business with you because you toppled and destroyed a nation. At least in the beginning. Hell the surviving Merchant Princes and supporters I'll cede one of the islands to them and make them a vassal. They can expand power and regional trade in my stead.

But consider, I am going to ensure no Merchant Prince will survive the slave revolt in Dilmun, I mean it, a complete wipe of slavers, and then re-establishment of economy, non-slaver economy.
You understimate the amount of plans I planned, I effectively have plans in plans!
Last edited by Endem on Wed May 05, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:With no one doing business with you because you toppled and destroyed a nation. At least in the beginning. Hell the surviving Merchant Princes and supporters I'll cede one of the islands to them and make them a vassal. They can expand power and regional trade in my stead.

But consider, I am going to ensure no Merchant Prince will survive the slave revolt in Dilmun, I mean it, a complete wipe of slavers, and then re-establishment of economy, non-slaver economy.
You understimate the amount of plans I planned, I effectively have plans in plans!

Does that include cause the Persian Gulf's version of the Great Depression and have people wanting to retaliate because you caused it in a slave revolt? Or have people coming banding together to defend the Merchant Princes for the sake of keeping trading flowing?

Prairistan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prairistan » Wed May 05, 2021 7:32 pm

Author Applicaiton
Name:Benjamin Carter
Height and Weight:5 ft. 4 in. and 110 lb.s
Skin, hair, and eye description: Light colored skin, dark brown hair, and bright blue eyes.
( Optional ) Picture: nop

Prior Profession:Architect
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ):Home schooled and has bachelors degree in architecture, geometry, and structural art.
Physique description: Skinny, really skinny. Speedy build. Not strong with arms, only legs.
Useful skills: Math, construction, identification of deadly animals
s, craftsmanship of domestic ancient goods like baskets, pots, and shovels , model shipbuilding.

National Origin: USA
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Drawing a hospital for work.
Description of personality:Reserved, yet confident. Hates bullies and is a fair judge. Is calm, calculatory, and logical.
Where in the world are you landing?: Present day Tripoli, in Libya.

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):Ben, as he likes called, grew up in rural Oklahoma on a farm. His mom homeschooled him, and he showed a great love of learning. To date, he is still studying! Well, not anymore. Ya know. He chose to go to college early, to great success. Then, he vanished one day.

Writing Sample:Ben opened his eyes. He rubbed out the sand. "Wait, why am I here? I cant be on the sea; I live in Oklahoma." He started to panic, then he realized he was on a beach. The climate was nice, yet there was no cities near. Something was wrong. " Oh f*** I'm dreaming ain't I? I hope......" He looked around. "Anyone here?" he yelled out into the open. "Oh no oh no oh no no no no!" He fell over, fainted. A week later, he awoke in a hut made of mud and sticks. A man walked over to him, dressed in a pelt of sheepskin, with the wool still on. He said to Ben," Hello there young one. You allright? I set a sheepskin next to you. Should fit." He said this in an odd language: arabic, perhaps. "Where am I? Why am i not speaking English? And why aren't you?!" "My home, what's English, and what's English are my answers to those. Calm down. My stew shall be done... now, actually." The old man grabs a crude looking clay "bowl" and pours lamb stew into it. "Is that lamb?" "Yes." "Alright. Now, where in the world am I? Oman? Turkey? Cyprus?" "Huh?" That is when Ben knew more than his mind was wonky.

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:Spreading Christianity to form a North African Theocracy.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:Assyria, Sumerian, Egypt, the Bedouins.
Why did you chose to land where you did?:To change to religious history of the area. Islam shant rise today.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: A faithful and kind naval colonized, hell bent on spreading the good word.
What are your character's motivations?:The opportunity to fix the world.
Theme Song?: Linkin Park's Battle Symphony.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: I dunno.
Last edited by Prairistan on Thu May 06, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This some what represents my views, with a few exceptions.
New Civilizations III rules!
Don't screw with me politically. I dislike it.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed May 05, 2021 7:52 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, uh, Commons? You might want to re-read my post again. None of that discussion was public. The only thing happening in the central square is the distribution of aid, food, all that jazz. Nobody save the Wanax, Dotos, and their allies will have heard of any of these discussions yet.

Not a problem. This is where it could get interesting. The spy network of the Daughters of Penelope (a more proper term might be the followers of Circe) includes many wives of prominent men as well as ladies of the night. A few of them might take medicine, the blessing at this juncture. The blessing might escape in Varna, spreading to Salt first and the smaller towns first through men in brown robes (Plain Folk) It is just an idea.

It might be rather interesting. You might see grain ships from Abdera in the harbor which came from Limnos.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 7:54 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, uh, Commons? You might want to re-read my post again. None of that discussion was public. The only thing happening in the central square is the distribution of aid, food, all that jazz. Nobody save the Wanax, Dotos, and their allies will have heard of any of these discussions yet.

Not a problem. This is where it could get interesting. The spy network of the Daughters of Penelope (a more proper term might be the followers of Circe) includes many wives of prominent men as well as ladies of the night. A few of them might take medicine, the blessing at this juncture. The blessing might escape in Varna, spreading to Salt first and the smaller towns first through men in brown robes (Plain Folk) It is just an idea.

It might be rather interesting. You might see grain ships from Abdera in the harbor which came from Limnos.

So I'mma be real to you, Sumeria is watching this very, very closely but it can't really do much except lend-lease act, volunteers and mercenaries.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 06, 2021 12:08 am

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:But consider, I am going to ensure no Merchant Prince will survive the slave revolt in Dilmun, I mean it, a complete wipe of slavers, and then re-establishment of economy, non-slaver economy.

Does that include cause the Persian Gulf's version of the Great Depression and have people wanting to retaliate because you caused it in a slave revolt? Or have people coming banding together to defend the Merchant Princes for the sake of keeping trading flowing?

I'm sorry, but Imma gonna shake up the status quo no matter what you say. Besides, you can keep trading there, you'll just trade with different people. Lastly, if the whole system was dependant on every link staying in place, then it was bound to snap and fail eventually ( I'm actually surprised the Sumerian civil war didn't do it )
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu May 06, 2021 12:10 am

Ralnis wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:

So I'mma be real to you, Sumeria is watching this very, very closely but it can't really do much except lend-lease act, volunteers and mercenaries.

I thought there were volunteers for cross training with Ur mentioned earlier. Basically a group which is training with the the scouts and army. Not a huge one.

What I think might be happening is that the army of the Imperium surrounds the city and the Farmer Warriors muster at the Grange or Farmers Association and quietly encircle Varna. The area surrounding Odessos is farmers, timbermen, and hunters.

Dotos allies himself with Oleg enemy of Varna, a usurper who seized power under the Kurgan in an attempt to be king. The family of Oleg makes a bid to revolt and lose (50 people die), so they approach the Imperium hoping that they can take over the city.

The council itself is the Farmers Council (It calls itself the Council of Varna) and the royal family is the family of Rolvarg tied with Troa. So it is the Guard, the Farmers Council, and the Nobles who are mostly from the family of Rolvarg. The scholars hold no direct power over Varna. There are more merchants than scholars.

It should be obvious something is way off when Victor gets into town and looks around.

The Farmers Association is in some ways like the Hussites with wagons, pike, crossbows, etc.

Farmers Association
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=37129709&hilit=farmers+nestos+farmers#p37129709

2nd Farmers Association
NationStates • View topic - New Civilizations ( IC, Open )

Two Powers in Varna-- The Farmers Council and the Family of Rolvarg
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=36011072&hilit=ina#p360110

Deiphobus is Married to Ina's Daughter
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=37676147&hilit=ina#p37676147

I would not think of these troops as regular militia. They are a mix, they also serve as a reserve troop for the scouts and the Sea Wolves. Thus when a sea wolf retires, they will often get an allotment and then serve in the reserve.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Thu May 06, 2021 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 am

posted the war post.

Next post will be more interesting political reforms and aftermath. also maybe character development.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 3:05 am

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Does that include cause the Persian Gulf's version of the Great Depression and have people wanting to retaliate because you caused it in a slave revolt? Or have people coming banding together to defend the Merchant Princes for the sake of keeping trading flowing?

I'm sorry, but Imma gonna shake up the status quo no matter what you say. Besides, you can keep trading there, you'll just trade with different people. Lastly, if the whole system was dependant on every link staying in place, then it was bound to snap and fail eventually ( I'm actually surprised the Sumerian civil war didn't do it )

Hmm, have to remind myself I'm a sucky ruler. Let me rethink my vector for attack then.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 06, 2021 3:28 am

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:I'm sorry, but Imma gonna shake up the status quo no matter what you say. Besides, you can keep trading there, you'll just trade with different people. Lastly, if the whole system was dependant on every link staying in place, then it was bound to snap and fail eventually ( I'm actually surprised the Sumerian civil war didn't do it )

Hmm, have to remind myself I'm a sucky ruler. Let me rethink my vector for attack then.

I'm sorry if I accidentally hurt you, but I was just stating what you led me to believe, that, if any part of the system of the trade network in the Gulf will be taken out even for a short period, then the whole system collapses, which, if that was the case, would eventually and definitely collapse and there willd be no stopping it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 3:37 am

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Hmm, have to remind myself I'm a sucky ruler. Let me rethink my vector for attack then.

I'm sorry if I accidentally hurt you, but I was just stating what you led me to believe, that, if any part of the system of the trade network in the Gulf will be taken out even for a short period, then the whole system collapses, which, if that was the case, would eventually and definitely collapse and there willd be no stopping it.

Yeah no, the Unification Wars would disrupt trading on a macro scale. I'm just being a fucking idiot not seeing the picture and then making a fool of myself. Still the shaking of the status quo will throw Sumeria a bone it's been looking to eat in a long time and force them to start progressing technology and newly abolished slaves to join a merchant navy to start dominating trade in the Gulf as they scoop up the Dilmun's navy, assets and family of Merchant Princes that would be in Ur by the time a surprise raid shows up. I mean they aren't just going to be static and allowed to be regicide to the last child or would be more than happy to join your militant religion.

I would hazard that many of them have distant relatives in Ur and Elam that would push for help from the two to defend against the massive slave revolt. Ur might join in for their interests but if you manage to do it then Ur will be spurred into looking to fill a big void. So time will tell and all that.

New Arcadius
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Arcadius » Thu May 06, 2021 3:39 am

Prairistan wrote:Author Applicaiton
Name:Benjamin Carter
Height and Weight:5 ft. 4 in. and 110 lb.s
Skin, hair, and eye description: Light colored skin, dark brown hair, and bright blue eyes.
( Optional ) Picture: nop

Prior Profession:Architect
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ):Home schooled and has bachelors degree in architecture, geometry, and structural art.
Physique description: Skinny, really skinny. Speedy build. Not strong with arms, only legs.
Useful skills: Math, construction, identification of deadly animals
s, craftsmanship of ancient goods like baskets, model shipbuilding.

National Origin: USA
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Drawing a hospital for work.
Description of personality:Reserved, yet confident. Hates bullies and is a fair judge. Is calm, calculatory, and logical.
Where in the world are you landing?: Present day Tripoli, in Libya.

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):Ben, as he likes called, grew up in rural Oklahoma on a farm. His mom homeschooled him, and he showed a great love of learning. To date, he is still studying! Well, not anymore. Ya know. He chose to go to college early, to great success. Then, he vanished one day.

Writing Sample:Ben opened his eyes. He rubbed out the sand. "Wait, why am I here? I cant be on the sea; I live in Oklahoma." He started to panic, then he realized from his books he had read many times that he was in the southern Mediterranean. The climate was nice, yet there was no cities near. Something was wrong. " Oh f*** I'm dreaming ain't I? I hope......"

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:Spreading Christianity to form a North African Theocracy.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:Assyria, Sumerian, Egypt, the Bedouins.
Why did you chose to land where you did?:To change to religious history of the area. Islam shant rise today.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: A faithful and kind naval colonized, hell bent on spreading the good word.
What are your character's motivations?:The opportunity to fix the world.
Theme Song?: Linkin Park's Battle Symphony.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: I dunno.

Oh wow! Libyans!

He might have the chance to meet the Great Prophet, and notice she speaks with a very deep Russian accent! (even though shes Kazakh)

but uh oh to the Christian part...
Last edited by New Arcadius on Thu May 06, 2021 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Transfemale roleplayer, worldbuilder and country-maker that has been around since 2013! Sorry if I keep on deactivating.

CERTIFIED BRONZE AGE ENJOYER

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu May 06, 2021 4:02 am

Prairistan wrote:Ben, as he likes called, grew up in rural Oklahoma on a farm.

Heyyy! Another fellow Okie! Nice to meetcha!
Prairistan wrote:Spreading Christianity to form a North African Theocracy.

Not so very based... I see this adds a second Christian Zelot to the ME.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse