NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations III ( OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 06, 2021 5:24 am

Ralnis wrote:
Endem wrote:I'm sorry if I accidentally hurt you, but I was just stating what you led me to believe, that, if any part of the system of the trade network in the Gulf will be taken out even for a short period, then the whole system collapses, which, if that was the case, would eventually and definitely collapse and there willd be no stopping it.

Yeah no, the Unification Wars would disrupt trading on a macro scale. I'm just being a fucking idiot not seeing the picture and then making a fool of myself. Still the shaking of the status quo will throw Sumeria a bone it's been looking to eat in a long time and force them to start progressing technology and newly abolished slaves to join a merchant navy to start dominating trade in the Gulf as they scoop up the Dilmun's navy, assets and family of Merchant Princes that would be in Ur by the time a surprise raid shows up. I mean they aren't just going to be static and allowed to be regicide to the last child or would be more than happy to join your militant religion.

I would hazard that many of them have distant relatives in Ur and Elam that would push for help from the two to defend against the massive slave revolt. Ur might join in for their interests but if you manage to do it then Ur will be spurred into looking to fill a big void. So time will tell and all that.

Ah ok, hmm, thank you that I could point out something that would probably happen, and thank you for presenting those possibilities of Merchant Princes having families in Ur and Elam, I'll go modify my plans, gonna need to add another level of planning to my plans.

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Prairistan wrote:Ben, as he likes called, grew up in rural Oklahoma on a farm.

Heyyy! Another fellow Okie! Nice to meetcha!
Prairistan wrote:Spreading Christianity to form a North African Theocracy.

Not so very based... I see this adds a second Christian Zelot to the ME.

Hey, with any luck Christians will start warring on who's the most Christian Christian.
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 06, 2021 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 5:46 am

Ok, if you start attacking people in both countries then that's war. Being honest Edem, I will martial everything against you at that point and will get support from Elam.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu May 06, 2021 5:47 am

Endem wrote:Ah ok, hmm, thank you that I could point out something that would probably happen, and thank you for presenting those possibilities of Merchant Princes having families in Ur and Elam, I'll go modify my plans, gonna need to add another level of planning to my plans.

Reminder little sibling nation, planning isn’t even half the battle! Praxis is where it becomes actualized! You must make manifest what has been imagined.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 6:11 am

Actually next post is the invasion of the Merchant Princes. So you lose Edem.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 am

Ralnis wrote:Actually next post is the invasion of the Merchant Princes. So you lose Edem.

Collapse of Sumeria in 3.... 2....
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 6:15 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Actually next post is the invasion of the Merchant Princes. So you lose Edem.

Collapse of Sumeria in 3.... 2....

All according to plan. Luther burns down Ur and goes to India to begin again in his fever dream. Then returns to conquer Sumeria.

Prairistan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prairistan » Thu May 06, 2021 6:26 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Prairistan wrote:Ben, as he likes called, grew up in rural Oklahoma on a farm.

Heyyy! Another fellow Okie! Nice to meetcha!
Prairistan wrote:Spreading Christianity to form a North African Theocracy.

Not so very based... I see this adds a second Christian Zelot to the ME.

Nice to meet you.
I hope to, if my application is approved, work with the other zealot. Peaceful spreading will be key for my run of this RP.
Last edited by Prairistan on Thu May 06, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
This some what represents my views, with a few exceptions.
New Civilizations III rules!
Don't screw with me politically. I dislike it.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 am

I am looking through things. 1000 hand picked men were sent to ur with 200 Illyrian allies. We further bought mercenaries from Elam, bringing the total force to 1400 men. This is an expeditionary force
At Ur, Diaghis had 1400 troops sent by ship that were ready for battle. 5 years ago, there would have been an ability to land 1400 troops.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=36988633&hilit=nestos+soldier#p36988633

There are 1000 picked men from the Nestos League and 200 Illyrian Privateers
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=36782806&hilit=warriors+nestos#p36782806

With the more recent Kraken conflict, this number probably increased considerably. Enough to take the island of Cyprus. I am going to look a little more.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu May 06, 2021 6:46 am

New Arcadius wrote:
Prairistan wrote:Author Applicaiton
Name:Benjamin Carter
Height and Weight:5 ft. 4 in. and 110 lb.s
Skin, hair, and eye description: Light colored skin, dark brown hair, and bright blue eyes.
( Optional ) Picture: nop

Prior Profession:Architect
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ):Home schooled and has bachelors degree in architecture, geometry, and structural art.
Physique description: Skinny, really skinny. Speedy build. Not strong with arms, only legs.
Useful skills: Math, construction, identification of deadly animals
s, craftsmanship of ancient goods like baskets, model shipbuilding.

National Origin: USA
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Drawing a hospital for work.
Description of personality:Reserved, yet confident. Hates bullies and is a fair judge. Is calm, calculatory, and logical.
Where in the world are you landing?: Present day Tripoli, in Libya.

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):Ben, as he likes called, grew up in rural Oklahoma on a farm. His mom homeschooled him, and he showed a great love of learning. To date, he is still studying! Well, not anymore. Ya know. He chose to go to college early, to great success. Then, he vanished one day.

Writing Sample:Ben opened his eyes. He rubbed out the sand. "Wait, why am I here? I cant be on the sea; I live in Oklahoma." He started to panic, then he realized from his books he had read many times that he was in the southern Mediterranean. The climate was nice, yet there was no cities near. Something was wrong. " Oh f*** I'm dreaming ain't I? I hope......"

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:Spreading Christianity to form a North African Theocracy.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:Assyria, Sumerian, Egypt, the Bedouins.
Why did you chose to land where you did?:To change to religious history of the area. Islam shant rise today.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: A faithful and kind naval colonized, hell bent on spreading the good word.
What are your character's motivations?:The opportunity to fix the world.
Theme Song?: Linkin Park's Battle Symphony.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: I dunno.

Oh wow! Libyans!

He might have the chance to meet the Great Prophet, and notice she speaks with a very deep Russian accent! (even though shes Kazakh)

but uh oh to the Christian part...

Yes, that would make them the 3rd theocracy in Africa, wouldn't it?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Thu May 06, 2021 6:49 am

Joohan wrote:
New Arcadius wrote:Oh wow! Libyans!

He might have the chance to meet the Great Prophet, and notice she speaks with a very deep Russian accent! (even though shes Kazakh)

can’t wait until I get to colonize africa
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 7:00 am

I better fix my nation so I can start destroying these heretical powers.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 06, 2021 7:11 am

UniversalCommons wrote:I am looking through things. 1000 hand picked men were sent to ur with 200 Illyrian allies. We further bought mercenaries from Elam, bringing the total force to 1400 men. This is an expeditionary force
At Ur, Diaghis had 1400 troops sent by ship that were ready for battle. 5 years ago, there would have been an ability to land 1400 troops.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=36988633&hilit=nestos+soldier#p36988633

There are 1000 picked men from the Nestos League and 200 Illyrian Privateers
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=460193&p=36782806&hilit=warriors+nestos#p36782806

With the more recent Kraken conflict, this number probably increased considerably. Enough to take the island of Cyprus. I am going to look a little more.

Oh I'm sure the League could marshal far more than a thousand men. The larger question is how quickly those men can be deployed, if at all. 'tis the virtue of the professional military - being able to have the logistics and arrangements to put soldiers in the field for extended periods of time, far from their bases of support. Most of the League's warriors will really only be available to defend their homes, especially in this time of plague when willingness to travel must be very low.

As for Oleg, I doubt Dotos has any communication with him. The man did, after all, try to overthrow his beloved wife. Odessos itself probably has very few people living nearby in the present, being the epicenter of the plague, and those likely kinsmen of Hristo who had better reasons to stay near the city than most. The local militia Farmer-Warriors might number a few dozens, but they're unlikely to be willing to start killing their countrymen.

Once the caravan begins distributing aid and food to the people of the city, most will go back to their farms. I doubt the Scholars have much goodwill remaining within Odessos, so their expulsion will disturb few.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 am

Uzbekstaland wrote:
Joohan wrote:
You IRL have extensive farming knowledge?

Also, just so you are aware, you're landing between Old kingdom Egypt and Aksumite ( a powerful author civilization in Ethiopia and southern Sudan )? You won't exactly be starting from scratch in terms of tech and culture where you are - but that's up to you if that's how you want to play.

Extensive no I have extremely basic Knowledge and would probably only be able to produce 2 good harvests with a patch of soil on my own, but assuming my family is a line of tenant farmers and share croppers and I learned some secrets I could make it work. And instead of the Nile because i am Not a good Roleplayer, I would instead choose to land in modern day Ulaanbaatar

Very basic or solely classroom knowledge wont cut it as being considered expertise. That's fine though, as generally we tend to become experts in certain fields after we've landed. Heck, we even tend to learn quite a bit IRL. Did you know that winds in the north sea typically blow west to east, save for during storms where it's the opposite, or that most lakes and rivers on the Tibetan plateau are brackish? Given enough time here, you'll learn a lot of weird things.

Ulanbataar - interesting choice. You'll be relativly close to me ( Tibet ) and Orostan ( Yangtze ).

If you've nothing else to change with your app, then you're accepted

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 06, 2021 7:29 am

Ralnis wrote:Ok, if you start attacking people in both countries then that's war. Being honest Edem, I will martial everything against you at that point and will get support from Elam.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that, currently, I am planning between two options
1. Assassination
Or
2. Peace negotiations when we gain the upper hand
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 06, 2021 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Thu May 06, 2021 7:29 am

Joohan wrote:
Uzbekstaland wrote:Extensive no I have extremely basic Knowledge and would probably only be able to produce 2 good harvests with a patch of soil on my own, but assuming my family is a line of tenant farmers and share croppers and I learned some secrets I could make it work. And instead of the Nile because i am Not a good Roleplayer, I would instead choose to land in modern day Ulaanbaatar

Very basic or solely classroom knowledge wont cut it as being considered expertise. That's fine though, as generally we tend to become experts in certain fields after we've landed. Heck, we even tend to learn quite a bit IRL. Did you know that winds in the north sea typically blow west to east, save for during storms where it's the opposite, or that most lakes and rivers on the Tibetan plateau are brackish? Given enough time here, you'll learn a lot of weird things.

Ulanbataar - interesting choice. You'll be relativly close to me ( Tibet ) and Orostan ( Yangtze ).

yangtze and yellow river now!
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu May 06, 2021 7:32 am

Joohan wrote:
Uzbekstaland wrote:Extensive no I have extremely basic Knowledge and would probably only be able to produce 2 good harvests with a patch of soil on my own, but assuming my family is a line of tenant farmers and share croppers and I learned some secrets I could make it work. And instead of the Nile because i am Not a good Roleplayer, I would instead choose to land in modern day Ulaanbaatar

You're in Tibet? I thought you were in Britain? If that's the case then I need to make an expedition then.

Endem wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Ok, if you start attacking people in both countries then that's war. Being honest Edem, I will martial everything against you at that point and will get support from Elam.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that, currently, I am planning between two options
1. Assassination
Or
2. Piece negotiations when we gain the upper hand

1 and 2. Good luck with those.
Last edited by Ralnis on Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uzbekstaland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Uzbekstaland » Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 am

Joohan wrote:

Hooray!
American, Conservative, Looking to learn the view of the world.
The Media's evil dont eat what they feedin you their liars, deceitful and half of them probably evil

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 06, 2021 7:36 am

Ralnis wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Your in Tibet? I thought you were in Britain? If that's the case then I need to make an expedition then.

Endem wrote:Oh no, I didn't mean it like that, currently, I am planning between two options
1. Assassination
Or
2. Piece negotiations when we gain the upper hand

1 and 2. Good luck with those.

Why wouldn't I have any luck with those, I am sure that the Princes will see that it will be beneficial to negotiate rather than face defeat, they would at least have time to collect their stuff from their palaces, and if that doesn't work, a slave in a slavers kitchen is not hard to come by, give him some extract of say, bitter almonds, and wait.

Prairistan
Attaché

Founded: Feb 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prairistan » Thu May 06, 2021 9:03 am

Joohan wrote:
New Arcadius wrote:Oh wow! Libyans!

Oh. Oh dear. Can i still keep my goal or...
This some what represents my views, with a few exceptions.
New Civilizations III rules!
Don't screw with me politically. I dislike it.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 06, 2021 9:07 am

Prairistan wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Oh. Oh dear. Can i still keep my goal or...

It's a great goal.

We just have a higher than average per capita amount of theocracies lately, which we find amusing.

A nice solid Christian non-heretical theocracy is exactly what North Africa needs.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 am

Prairistan wrote:Useful skills: construction ,craftsmanship of ancient goods like baskets, model shipbuilding.

In regards to skills, it is important that you should list things which can actually help you given your new Neolithic environment. Model shipbuilding I'm not sure would do you much in the way of expertise towards actual ship building - tools and procedures between the two being vastly different.

Likewise, you should only list things which you have an actual expertise in IRL. If you really are a budding architect, then that's wonderful, it will definingly help you out here - if you're not though, your apparent ignorance will be spotted pretty quickly and we may ask you to make edits or changes.

Finally, we would ask that you be specific in what it is you are claiming an expertise in. craftsmanship of ancient goods, is vague. Baskets would fall under the category of ancient goods, just the same as chariots and bronze swords would. You need to be very specific.

Where in the world are you landing?: Present day Tripoli, in Libya.

Interesting, you're actually not too far away from New Arcadius's author ( Gaukhar Erzhanova ) and her Siwan civilization - another one of the north African theocracies.

Writing Sample:Ben opened his eyes. He rubbed out the sand. "Wait, why am I here? I cant be on the sea; I live in Oklahoma." He started to panic, then he realized from his books he had read many times that he was in the southern Mediterranean. The climate was nice, yet there was no cities near. Something was wrong. " Oh f*** I'm dreaming ain't I? I hope......"

I would suggest reading through some of the other posts in the IC. Not gonna lie, most posts in New Civ's turn out being full on short stories in their own right - full of detail and reflection, and overall ( I should say ) we tend to put out above average writing.

Also, just something to bare in mind, it should take him quite a while to even have a guess as to where he is.

Why did you chose to land where you did?:To change to religious history of the area. Islam shant rise today.

Eeeew... got some bad news for you bud... i mean... sort of... Yanbu is a strange place...

But yeah, just address the above mentioned stuff and you should be good.
Last edited by Joohan on Thu May 06, 2021 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 06, 2021 9:58 am

Prairistan wrote:Oh. Oh dear. Can i still keep my goal or...

It's a great goal.

We just have a higher than average per capita amount of theocracies lately, which we find amusing.

A nice solid Christian non-heretical theocracy is exactly what North Africa needs.

I actually wonder, how did it happen that we have somewhere between 4 and 5 theocracies in the RP.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu May 06, 2021 10:07 am

Endem wrote:
It's a great goal.

I actually wonder, how did it happen that we have somewhere between 4 and 5 theocracies in the RP.

Because theocracy is based 8)

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu May 06, 2021 11:10 am

Joohan wrote:Eeeew... got some bad news for you bud... i mean... sort of... Yanbu is a strange place...

Jihad! For Al-Ilat! Break the chains!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am

Joohan wrote:
Endem wrote:I actually wonder, how did it happen that we have somewhere between 4 and 5 theocracies in the RP.

Because theocracy is based 8)

Tribal democracy is even more so

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse