NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations III ( OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:43 am

New Arcadius wrote:Accidentally posted on NCII thread... frig

C’est la vie. I’m very interested to see this Siwan invasion.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:04 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
New Arcadius wrote:Accidentally posted on NCII thread... frig

What happened?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:49 am

Endem wrote:

What happened?

Sun-braised desert nomads are plotting an invasion of the Old Kingdom of Egypt.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Fossia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fossia » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:04 am

Endem wrote:What happened?

The Hyksos did it, maybe he can too

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Endem wrote:What happened?

Wait what? But I haven't established the- oh you mean the other ones

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:35 am

Fossia wrote:

The Hyksos did it, maybe he can too

Oh yes. But the Hyksos only ruled for two generations.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:16 am

Fossia wrote:The Hyksos did it, maybe he can too

very very true
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:18 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

very very true

Egypt has a long and storied history of losing wars, assimilating or out demographying the invaders, and native rule resumes, effectively. Kinda like China.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 am

very very true

Egypt has a long and storied history of losing wars, assimilating or out demographying the invaders, and native rule resumes, effectively. Kinda like China.

well- up until the arab conquest

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Piye and Taharqua ruled Egypt and Nubia for 100 years. After they were done, the Egyptians attempted to remove them from the record, quite successfully for a while. The conquest occurred because Egypt became unstable and Nubia conquered them. Nubia had the best archers at the time.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:16 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Piye and Taharqua ruled Egypt and Nubia for 100 years. After they were done, the Egyptians attempted to remove them from the record, quite successfully for a while. The conquest occurred because Egypt became unstable and Nubia conquered them. Nubia had the best archers at the time.

Yeah. But a one hundred year reign if anything proves G's point that Egypt has a strange habit of assimilating and overcoming foreign rulers.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Piye and Taharqua ruled Egypt and Nubia for 100 years. After they were done, the Egyptians attempted to remove them from the record, quite successfully for a while. The conquest occurred because Egypt became unstable and Nubia conquered them. Nubia had the best archers at the time.

Yeah. But a one hundred year reign if anything proves G's point that Egypt has a strange habit of assimilating and overcoming foreign rulers.

No peoples can resist the cool double-crown

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:22 pm

The Hierophancy wrote:

No peoples can resist the cool double-crown

It is not really assimilation though, Kush did not become part of Egypt. The Neo-Assyrians conquered the Egyptians and put in a puppet government.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:26 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
The Hierophancy wrote:No peoples can resist the cool double-crown

It is not really assimilation though, Kush did not become part of Egypt. The Neo-Assyrians conquered the Egyptians and put in a puppet government.

But who weathered in the end? Kush or Egypt? Thats the point. When the Assyrians left, Egyptians were the ones to continue ruling.

Either way this is pedantic. The point is, Siwans are going to have a difficult task. Thats all we're saying.
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
The Hierophancy wrote:No peoples can resist the cool double-crown

I think its more assimilation of the rulers specifically rather than whatever culture they conquered from being integrated into Egypt. The Kushite dynasty - I believe - depicted themselves as proper Egyptian rulers, took Egyptian names / titles, sponsored traditionally Egyptian art / monuments, etc.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm

I am looking to see what will happen to Nubia, Aksum and Arabia. Maybe we can rob a temple library in the chaos. Something appropriately non-benevolent like what we are doing with Uruk.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:31 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:I am looking to see what will happen to Nubia, Aksum and Arabia. Maybe we can rob a temple library in the chaos. Something appropriately non-benevolent like what we are doing with Uruk.

Wait, is Siwa the one invading or being invaded?

Also, I believe I and Saxony-Branderburg agreed once to split Arabia for ourselves

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Endem wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:I am looking to see what will happen to Nubia, Aksum and Arabia. Maybe we can rob a temple library in the chaos. Something appropriately non-benevolent like what we are doing with Uruk.

Also, I believe I and Saxony-Branderburg agreed once to split Arabia for ourselves

Siwa is the one invading. But, where there is chaos, there is opportunity.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Endem wrote:

I ain’t touching that shit. My power is far softer

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:16 am

UniversalCommons wrote:
Endem wrote:

Who is it invading?

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:49 am

Hi all! I remembered saying that I am interested in the older OOC, but I seemed to forget about it. I'm back, so yay!
I'm particularly interested in East/Southeast Asian cultures, and may explore either Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Burmese, Thai or Vietnamese cultures. (I know there are already Japanese and Chinese civilizations). May submit an OC once I finish doing my research on the different cultures.
johnathan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:36 am

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Hi all! I remembered saying that I am interested in the older OOC, but I seemed to forget about it. I'm back, so yay!
I'm particularly interested in East/Southeast Asian cultures, and may explore either Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Burmese, Thai or Vietnamese cultures. (I know there are already Japanese and Chinese civilizations). May submit an OC once I finish doing my research on the different cultures.

We certainly have plenty of room in East Asia - you could easily establish a prosperous southeast Chinese state. One advantage is there isn't desperately much known about this era in much of the world, so you have some latitude to work with.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:53 am

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Hi all! I remembered saying that I am interested in the older OOC, but I seemed to forget about it. I'm back, so yay!

We certainly have plenty of room in East Asia - you could easily establish a prosperous southeast Chinese state. One advantage is there isn't desperately much known about this era in much of the world, so you have some latitude to work with.

For me I'd either do a:
- Chinese culture in Vietnam
- Korean/Joseon settlements north of the Korean peninsula; probably has more Chinese cultural influences
- or Thai culture

I'm going for Chinese culture in Vietnam. Vietnam is known to be quite Sino-influenced, and the Chinese ruled them for some time, so I'm excited.

Since it's night time I'm going to sleep. May post an app tomorrow morning or afternoon depending on my schedule
johnathan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 am

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:

For me I'd either do a:
- Korean/Joseon settlements north of the Korean peninsula; probably has more Chinese cultural influences
- or Thai culture

I'm going for Chinese culture in Vietnam. Vietnam is known to be quite Sino-influenced, and the Chinese ruled them for some time, so I'm excited.

Since it's night time I'm going to sleep. May post an app tomorrow morning or afternoon depending on my schedule

Mm, well, keep in mind that this is 3000 BCE. There isn't a unitary Chinese culture yet, let alone a Vietnamese culture, let alone Chinese influences in Vietnam.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:12 am

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:For me I'd either do a:
- or Thai culture

Mm, well, keep in mind that this is 3000 BCE. There isn't a unitary Chinese culture yet, let alone a Vietnamese culture, let alone Chinese influences in Vietnam.

Well damn. I guess I have to actually rewrite Chinese civilization.

Who's in charge of the Ming dynasty? Maybe I could refer to his works.
johnathan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse