NATION

PASSWORD

Land of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC V)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Personally, I'm hoping Tawney goes all Halloween Massacre on some of the Wolf Cabinet at some point

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Torrie could use a promotion hehehe (@Alozia!)

What would she be promoted to? Captain Boring of the Boring Squadron?

Grand inquistor.

No, but perhaps Counselor to the President or something else
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Meelducan wrote:What would she be promoted to? Captain Boring of the Boring Squadron?

Grand inquistor.

Wouldn't see probably be qualified to be Press Secretary or like one of the Cabinet Secretaries that Elanie Chao could take on

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:43 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Grand inquistor.

Wouldn't see probably be qualified to be Press Secretary or like one of the Cabinet Secretaries that Elanie Chao could take on

She is current Communications Director and de facto PressSec.

I mean, Sec. of Transportation or HUD or Interior would probably be easy enough for her to learn on the job lol

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:56 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Wouldn't see probably be qualified to be Press Secretary or like one of the Cabinet Secretaries that Elanie Chao could take on

I mean, Sec. of Transportation or HUD or Interior would probably be easy enough for her to learn on the job lol

Whoops, I didn't realize Comms Director and PressSec were basically the same

But ya, I mean [not-Wilbur Ross] was mentioned in Wolf's app and I'd imagine SecCom isn't the hardest job in the world

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Wouldn't see probably be qualified to be Press Secretary or like one of the Cabinet Secretaries that Elanie Chao could take on

Are they easy enough? Don’t we want cabinet positions going to people with the most relevant experience?

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Bruke wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:She is current Communications Director and de facto PressSec.

Are they easy enough? Don’t we want cabinet positions going to people with the most relevant experience?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

10/10 joke

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Bruke wrote:

10/10 joke

I wasn’t joking... I don’t think we should have a technocratic government or anything like that, but like... they should have relevant experience.
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Bruke wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

10/10 joke

I wasn’t joking... I don’t think we should have a technocratic government or anything like that, but like... they should have relevant experience.

I figured you weren't joking, I'd think, or at least I'd like to think that most people want people in power with relevant experience

I was the one making the joke

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:29 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Bruke wrote:

I figured you weren't joking, I'd think, or at least I'd like to think that most people want people in power with relevant experience

I was the one making the joke

Now I feel silly for not recognizing the joke wasn’t a joke heh

Of course, some people would say that’s technocracy or bureaucratic rule or whatever
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Tawney goes all Halloween Massacre on some of the Wolf Cabinet at some point

Well, the problem there is that the actively played members of the Cabinet are all not the Wolfite mold.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Tawney goes all Halloween Massacre on some of the Wolf Cabinet at some point

Well, the problem there is that the actively played members of the Cabinet are all not the Wolfite mold.

Good thing NPCs like [not-Wilbur Ross], [Not-Betsy Devos], [not-Ben Carson], and [not-Whoever Tawney Doesn't Like in the Cabinet] exist

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:56 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

Good thing NPCs like [not-Wilbur Ross], [Not-Betsy Devos], [not-Ben Carson], and [not-Whoever Tawney Doesn't Like in the Cabinet] exist

Sack not-DeVos and you save the Republican Party.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:58 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

Sack not-DeVos and you save the Republican Party.

Eliza has a list of people she'd advised get sacked if she does end up as Veep

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Do we have any non-Christmas-observing Democrat congresspeople? I'm wondering who Caroline would designate to chair the pro forma sessions of Congress over the winter 'recess'.
Neoliberal

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Do we have any non-Christmas-observing Democrat congresspeople? I'm wondering who Caroline would designate to chair the pro forma sessions of Congress over the winter 'recess'.

Are we trying to start a war on Christmas now?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:21 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Do we have any non-Christmas-observing Democrat congresspeople? I'm wondering who Caroline would designate to chair the pro forma sessions of Congress over the winter 'recess'.

Are we trying to start a war on Christmas now?

No, it's just standard practice if there isn't a trifecta for one House of Congress to hold pro forma sessions through what is practically a recess to stop a legal recess from happening to avoid recess appointments.
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Don't people who represent districts near DC usually just do that seeing as even if any Dem doesn't do Christmas or Hanukkah or any other Winter Holiday they're probably still gonna head home to there district

I don't know if there are any Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist holidays in the Winter season but I'd imagine Tlaib and Omar and Hank Johnson still head back to Michigan and Minnesota and Georgia

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:

Don't people who represent districts near DC usually just do that seeing as even if any Dem doesn't do Christmas or Hanukkah or any other Winter Holiday they're probably still gonna head home to there district

I don't know if there are any Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist holidays in the Winter season but I'd imagine Tlaib and Omar and Hank Johnson still head back to Michigan and Minnesota and Georgia

FEEEEEEEEELIIIIIIIIIIX
Neoliberal

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:29 pm

What's the character limit for this RP?
Die nasty!!111

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:32 pm

Jovuistan wrote:What's the character limit for this RP?

However many Xath has
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:

However many Xath has

Infinity obviously

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:43 pm

The number of open orbitals in a Period 3 element with 3D valence energy..

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:32 pm

I was a bit confused that I have been gone for two to three days and the OOC only advanced two pages XDDD. That was until I saw the new ooc link.
I am dumb sometimes

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Amazing work NEW OP
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse