NATION

PASSWORD

Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (IC, 2-Player RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:39 pm

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Marsh watched the little rat scurry away, past the alleyway and out of sight. It felt good to get the message out, therapeutic in a kind of way. It was time her enemies started to know that there was a new force in town.

Lynch watched the young man flee out of the alley. A smile of indifference was visible, but Lynch was thinking of other things.

"Depends. Someone might kill him from the information you ask him to give." Lynch said to Artemis. The sky was starting to darken from the approaching twilight. Is it already late? Damn, the two of them must have been busy for sure..

"Let's make sure that we have our weapons ready. I could go for a little dinner back at the flat, before we are going to attack the chop shop tonight." Lynch said calmly to Artemis, before he gave a remark.

"The cops will most likely write off what we did back at Ludwig Square. I'm not surprised by this, but... perhaps we can use the chop shop as our calling card?"

“Yeah I think you’re right,” she agreed, smiling behind the mask. “We didn’t sign our name at Ludwig square, there wasn’t enough time. Maybe we could at the chop shop; leave them a real message. I like your style.”

She really wanted to get to the next part of the easter egg hunt but still, they hadn’t eaten a thing and it was important to keep energy levels high.

Besides, skipping meals is bad practice.

“Alright then,” she agreed. “We have to recharge our batteries. We had it easy here but the next part might not be such a piece of cake. It’ll be good to have another plan as well.”

A while later, they were back in the apartment. It was one of the unhealthiest dinners in her life but still, an absolutely welcome change from Starkweather Facility.

Some spicy-chicken insta-noodles were prepared, there was an improvised kale salad (really, it was just the kale after a bit of washing), a few slices of pizza with water.

“We’ve got to make do for now,” Emily commented as they enjoyed the meal. “For the next part of the hunt, I’d like to try out some of my dresses. It could fit into the plan.”

It was important to switch outfits and looks for an outing on a fairly consistent basis. The enemy must never know what to expect.

Lynch had skillfully parked the car. Far enough not to be noticed, but still close enough for them to get an idea of what they were up against.

In front of the chop shop was a large neon sign "Route 66 Auto Repairs and Wreckers" with some old rusted metal cut-outs of cars. The building was composed of the main auto shop with two large warehouses, where the cars are chopped up. Mazus's office was on the upper floor of the building that was overlooking a car crusher in the middle of the scrapyard. In front of the chop shop, a familiar car pulled up in front of the place in an alley in front of it. Several guards with large pipes were at the front of the auto shop entrance and the fence that was blocking the entry to the scrapyard. Some guns can be seen in their belts in makeshift holsters.

They had all the guns in the car. Emily had a new look this time: a long-sleeved blue-green denim top unbuttoned to show some cleavage, a knee-length yellow dress patterned with flowers, some of her legs exposed ending in long brown boots.

"This is the place. What's your game plan? Both outside and inside should be swarming with guards." Lynch asked Artemis, expecting an ambush. Both of them had loaded up extra weapons in the trunk of the car when they got back to the flat, but they needed to still converse ammo. "We need to make sure my trailer isn't scrapped, too. That kid might have mentioned it to them and started keying it." Lynch also mentioned, getting his knife and a pistol that was scavenged for the attack onto the chop shop.

He’s right. By the looks of it this place will be heavily guarded.

“We should try to enter the place with stealth,” she said. “Take down the guards one at a time without sounding the alarm. I have an idea, I’ll start by distracting the guards at the front. Follow me from a distance, we can work together to quickly eliminate them. Then we can move in from there, see what they have on them that we can use.”

Emily was excited. In her mind, they were in a land of evil now, vastly outnumbered but the rightness of their cause will give them strength. It was going to be a true test of their ability to fight and adapt.

There were three guards at the front at the auto shop entrance near the entrance to the fence. One of them was smoking a joint, the other two had their eyes sharp and on the lookout. They held pipes loosely and had holstered pistols as well.

“Hey Bill, quit the smoking. Eyes’ supposed to be sharp. Boss said they might be coming.”

“Oh shut the fuck up Murph,” the youngster replied, throwing down the joint and stepping on it. “If some wackos show up I’ll clip em all by myself. This product SUCKS.”

“There’s someone!” the third guard said, suddenly pointing. They all turned.

A young brunette woman was strolling towards their direction, she was holding a map which she was reading as she walked. She had a strapped handbag slung across her body.

The guards’ eyes travelled across her body and they exchanged some greedy looks.

“She’ll hit a wall if she keeps going,” one of the guards whispered.

“She can hit into me HA!” the other one said.

She walked about one meter away when she suddenly looked up. “Oh… Hey I’m glad you’re here. I was wondering, is there… is there a gas station close to here?”

“There ain’t no gas station here baby,” one of the goons replied. The three of them began to stroll closer towards her. “What cha got in that handbag o yours?”

“What are you doing here anyways?” another guard asked.

She blinked, lowing the map. “Well it’s hmmmmm… truth be told, I’m not from here. I was trying to get to Trenton but then I got lost. My car broke down a mile from here. Do you guys have a phone I can borrow? … Oh wait is this a CAR REPAIR shop?!”

“Sort of,” one of the guards said, smirking.

“I call dibs on this one,” the other guard said.

“Nope, we should share.”

The three guards were looking forward to a good day it seemed. Mazus wanted a degree of professionalism in this operation but he didn’t necessarily need to know. There were many rooms inside the shop they could use for something like this, and it wasn’t the first time they had pulled something like this off.

“Share?” the brunette asked. “What… what do you mean by that?”

She mumbled something as she looked down on her map again. The three guards were now strolling towards her at a very quick pace.

Under the map, one of Emily’s hands slipped into her handbag where there was a large concealed knife...

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:12 am

Not Far Behind...

"There's a nice room inside that us and the rest of the boys like to hang out.." one of the guards said, before another guard with the joint started to grab the brunette's arm. "Nice and quiet. You might like this.." Apparently, the intentions of the guards were not so subtle for Emily. None of them seemed to be aware that Emily had a knife with her. Or notice the man with the brown jacket who didn't even bother hiding his knife as he stepped in between two of the guards.

The one that was about to manhandle Emily was quick to notice.

"Hey-!" the guard didn't have the chance to warn the other two, since Emily was kind enough to stab him with the knife. Showing experience, Lynch immediately stabbed the guard to his right with his knife through the jaw, before he slashed at the other guard on his left, who was trying to reach his holster. In a span of a few seconds, all three guards laid dead on the ground.

Lynch pulled out the pistol from one of the guard's holster, examining it. "I'll borrow this, if things go loud." Lynch said, looking down at the bodies of the guards. "I'm starting to smell an annoying trend with this perverts. Morons."

Now, it was best to notice if the two were going to go inside the auto place from the front or try their luck and sneak through the scrapyard. Either way, both were bound to be filled with guards.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:18 am

Artemis/Emily Marsh

The brunette looked around and took in the sight of the three corpses.

We have done well. And close to no noises were made. Truly, we are ghosts of justice.

Lynch was helping himself to one of the firearms as Emily used a small handkerchief to wipe the blood from her knife.

Other than a large blade, Emily also carried a two revolvers inside; there were some spare ammunition in pouches inside too. It was a fair bit of firepower but it did make her bag quite weighty.

She looked around. They should hide the bodies; there weren’t many options.

“You’re right, they’re not terribly bright,” she said. “Still, we should make some effort to hide them. Let’s at least move them up to the walls; they’ll be harder to spot that way.”

Emily and Lynch worked together to drag the corpses up one by one against a wall near the front so they would be less easily noticed.

“These psychos weigh quite a bit eh?” Emily remarked casually as she dragged one of the fallen by their legs… the cadaver was dragged disrespectfully across dirt and rock-filled ground. “What have they been eating I wonder.”

They worked rapidly; still, the goons were heavier than they looked. It took a while but it was done. Emily stepped back and looked around. The three goons were now crumpled up against a wall (their faces didn’t bother her and neither did the blood); the former English teacher wiped her sweaty forehead… it’s as if she had just finished moving some particularly heavy furniture into a new flat.

“Alright,” she said. “It’s time to move in now. Hmmmm… I do think we should try the front. I’d like to take point.”

Wielding the knife, Emily led the way. The boots were great for stealthy movement. Marsh moved inside, her eyes looking around.

I’ve been telling students to be quiet all the time. Now it’s my turn to be quiet.

Inside the building, it was more dim-lit than expected. There was a lone visible guard and his back was turned; he was smoking a joint.

Hmmmmm….

Artemis rushed in and grabbed him firmly. Before he could react or cry out, she moved and sliced the knife through the front of the neck for a quick execute. Instead of letting him fall, Emily carefully set the body down.

One down. How many more I wonder… Well, I think my technique is getting better and better. It's as if the knife is a part of my hand, an extension of it, one and the same.

Emily ducked behind a counter and peeked out, being careful the whole time not to make sound.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:50 pm

Henry Lynch

Lynch grabbed the arms of one of the men that were killed, dragging them against the wall. "Most likely eating garbage. These thugs are nothing more than gun dogs." Lynch said, finishing with dragging the dead men against the wall. He made sure to borrow Emily's handkerchief to wipe the blood off of his knife.

"I watch your back." Lynch said, before Emily went inside the front of the auto place to take front.

The inside of the building was a lobby for costumers with auto-themed decor and a sign-up desk. A model car was near the entrance, along with the entrance to the repair shop of the auto building, or rather the chop shop. One guard was in the lobby with his back turned to the front, waiting on another guard to come while he smoked a quick joint.

Emily dispatched him elegantly with a quick cut throat, setting him down to the floor softly to avoid noise. Emily went behind the counter to a door that led to one of the warehouses in the chop shop. On the other side of the door was sounds of talk. "Keep quiet.. Other side sounds packed." Lynch whispered quick, while the two of them eavesdropped on what was happening at the warehouse, along with looking through the crack of the door.

"We're on a crunch, boys! Those cars aren't going to tore themselves apart! You better not act like you're ailing!" Philip Mazus yelled to his men, before he walked through a door on the other, going deeper into the chop. "That must be Mazus. He looks more than a pushover. Possible military experience from how he has the build of a soldier.." Lynch said, peeking through the gap in the door.

Sure enough, the warehouse had a couple of goons around. Two of them were walking with police-grade looking assault rifles (most likely stolen or borrowed from the corrupted police), while the others were doing work, either chopping up the cars from underneath or working with the parts. Lynch immediately recognized the outfit of one of the goons at an industrial grindstone, polishing some parts with a mechanic visor on. "That's Quinn.. Looks like they kept him alive. Or they want us to use him as cannon fodder." Lynch remarked.

Emily Marsh was busy analyzing the situation in front of her. There were a bunch of goons with extra firepower, but there were some steel shelves that the two can hide behind and take out the men silently.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:18 pm

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Hmmmm… Quinn, I am very disappointed in you. You shouldn’t have come back…

She was reminded of the time Neil Thomas plagiarized a poetry assignment. She gave him a chance. Only for him to do the exact same thing on the rewrite.

No no no… you shouldn’t have come back…

Some people cannot be reformed. So much for no more wheeling and dealing…

“He shouldn’t have come back,” she said softly (showing a degree of obsession with the thought and needing to say it out loud), her eyes widening as she looked slightly trance-like towards the direction of Quinn. “He shouldn’t have come back. Yet he came back to them. He must pay the price.”

A hand slipped into her handbag and pulled out a silver wolf mask. The Emily Marsh look had served its purpose at the gate, now it was time for the wrath of Artemis to return.

She placed the disguise over her face and she felt her urge and instincts to kill multiply.

I like this mask. I think it draws out my power, though I can’t explain how…

There were many goons across a great distance, with Mazus and Quinn near the other side. She would have to get there tactically, picking off the goons one by one.

She tightened the straps of handbag around her body to further minimize noise. Then she snuck out, a large knife in hand. Her plan was to approach stealthily using the metal shelves as cover.

It was going to be to her advantage that many goons were busy chopping up the cars.

“Let’s split up a bit, attack from two walls. I’ll take the left.”

Several loud machine tools were running. The whirring noise would drown out the noise of some of these kills.

When one of the goons turned towards the shelf his blood turned to ice as he beheld a strange sight. An eldritch apparition. A woman in a blue-green denim top stained with blood with a strapped handbag, a knee-length yellow dress, and legs ending in brown boots. She was holding a large knife and her face was hidden by a silver wolf mask. She was running straight at him in a strange gliding motion that somehow made little noise-

“Oh SH-“

Stab**** “Grrrrrrrrrrru-“

She got the throat again, this time in a surgical stab. Artemis was locked in the following dramatic frozen posture after stabbing through: one knee forward, one leg back… one arm thrusting forward like a legionnaire stabbing with a gladius blade from the days of Rome (except with an upward angle)… her other hand was just a bit behind her waist, as if she was a pro runner photo-shooting for an exhibition shot.

Two goons were kneeling around a car, drilling, sawing and dismantling.

“Hey I need the larger drill from Mike,” one goon said, perking from the car. “He’s not back yet.”

“What do I look like? His fucking mom? You go get it.”

“Fine.”

Irritated, the first goon set down his tools and walked towards some of the shelves. He barely got there-

Artemis leapt out to execute a powerful tackle. The confused goon was hit from the side and knocked down onto the ground, with her on top. He barely had time to react before he experienced a series of vicious stabs from above. He struggled but her weight kept him down.

Artemis kept working but this one didn’t die as fast as the others and it was a good deal messier…

“Just grab some poster nuts too okay?” the second goon said, oblivious to the fate of his ally. “… You hear me?”

He looked up from the side of the car. “THE FUCK!”

His friend was down close to the shelves. A brown-haired intruder was on top, stabbing away. In a sudden motion, her face turned to look at him. The wolf mask woman Quinn had warned them about was real!!!!

“You are DEAD!” he shouted. He pulled out a revolver and raised it.

Artemis had already flicked and hurled the large knife.

It zoomed across an entire meter like a steel missile… with the sharp tip landing with decisive precision over the forehead of the target!!! It was yet another clean kill.

The two guards with the assault rifles heard the noise. There was definitely some shooting, they recognized Marlo’s voice.

“Let’s check it out.”

They rushed out, M16s in hand. “SHIT!”

Two corpses (at least as far as they were aware). One by the car, the other further out. There was no sign of the attacker.

Now fully alert, the two of the stood back to back and tried to scan the area, aiming with their big guns.

“What… what the hell is this?!”

The place was bigger than it looked and with all those steel shelves overlapping and cars to hide under, it didn’t feel so safe anymore.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:03 am

Henry Lynch

Lynch slipped to the right of the warehouse, sneaking behind some shelves of car parts, while some goons were lingering around. There was a guard with a shotgun that was patrolling nearby by the shelves, however they were unprepared for the gentleman that was sneaking up from behind them. It would happen so quick. "Hu- AGH!" the guard was spun around with Lynch's hand covering their mouth, before he plunged the knife into the guard's stomach. Lynch gave a smile, before he stabbed him two more times, before dragging the body over behind the shelves to avoid being seen.

Lynch wanted to keep things stealthy for the time-being, but he overheard a yell coming from Artemis's side of the room.

“What… what the hell is this?!”

Lynch could tell that the whole place was going to be alarmed that there were intruders in the chop shop. So he was going to have some chances and was willing to let himself be in the range of fire, while Artemis got the upper hand. With the commotion to Artemis's side of the warehouse, Lynch strolled over to the raised car lift with a goon working underneath. The goon seemed to be aware of Lynch's presence, but mistaken them for another henchman. He was fidgeting around with a toolbox under the raised car, too focused to realize his demise was at hand.

"Hey? You fetch me a wrench?" the mechanic henchman said to Lynch.

Lynch's response was to slam the release button that controlled the car lift, sending the vehicle crashing down and crushing the mechanic. A faint yelp was heard, but what the other henchmen in the warehouse heard was the loud crash that caused everyone's attention to focus on Lynch. Lynch said nothing, as he pulled out the pistol he borrowed and proceeded to open fire at the wave of goons that were near him. "Shit! Get cover!" a man with a small submachine gun said, before he started to unleash lead at Lynch's direction. Lynch immediately ducked behind the car as cover, letting Artemis take shots in the confusion.

Bobby Quinn turned around to the commotion and realized what was happening. Panicked, he immediately covered his head, crouching down to avoid being shot.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:16 pm

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Artemis knew that her ally had been busy. At length, she heard the explosively loud sounds of gunfire punctuated by cursing and the cries from the goons.

Oh is that how it goes?

Emily slunk back into the shadows, taking advantage of the new tactical pause she had gotten from Lynch’s diversion.

Hmmmm… based on the multitude of guns this place is even more packed with rats than we’d anticipated. How many is this I wonder.

With her back against a metal shelf for cover, Artemis peeked her masked face just slightly out form a corner. She could see a crowd of goons: they were raining fire on the other side of the room; the sounds were deafening and at least two of them had automatic firearms.

They’re distracted!

She pulled back to switch weapons. The jobs of the knives were done, now it was time to go loud. Dexterously, she slid the knife into her handbag and pulled out her revolver, the same trusty one from the asylum, the same one from her battle at the robbery.

Here’s my entrance!

She leaned out just slightly, aimed with a two-handed grip and began to fire off almost immediately. She made every bullet count and every single round discharged struck one of the thugs across the head!

BANG! Click! BANG! Click! BANG! Click!

Discharging three rounds in rapid succession, several of the wicked fell down with rounds through skulls. Marsh had made sure to aim for those with the automatic firearms and they had gone down; substantially reducing the firepower they had for now.

Artemis’ motion was fast and lethal, she had factored in the limits of her weapon and the likely response that they’d return fire. After swiftly firing off three rounds, she retreated into the shadow and then re-adjusted her position by an entire meter or more into the shelves.

It was all an incredibly fluid and continuous motion!

Bobby Quinn

Bobby was no hero. Throughout commotion, he had stayed crouched down and in cover. The sounds of the gunfire and cursing from his comrades was deafening.

How did those loons get here so fast? But at least they’re pinned down for now.

He let out a loud curse as he heard three shots being fired off from a new corner of the room. In the aftermath, he turned and saw that a few of his friends had fallen down.

Yeah I’m out.

In the aftermath, there was panic and confusion amongst the survivors. “Where did that come from?” “FUCK just spray those shelves just LIGHT IT UP!”

Quietly but swiftly, Bobby got up and rushed deeper into the building. He was greeted by a very angry-looking Philip Mazus who was by himself.

“Wait I-“

Mazus was white-faced but also shaking with anger. The boss grabbed him firmly with two hands.

“You get back into the fight now,” he hissed. “Do that or I’ll have you chopped up fifty-five ways.”

“But but I-“

“Do I speak English?”

Bobby let out a whimper as he was thrown a few meters to the left; he barely managed to stay standing as his outstretched arms stopped his head from hitting a car window.

“GET BACK OUT THERE!” Mazus bellowed. The boss himself took out a revolver and clicked it.

It wasn't a great situation for Bobby and he wasn't having fun. It was either the lunatic boss in the back, or the two unhinged vigilantes.

The fuck did I do to get into THIS bind?

Meanwhile, the demoralized and disorganized goons were now shooting willy-nilly into two separate directions, not realizing that Artemis was no longer in the same place. Because they weren’t well-trained, this resulted in a great waste of ammunition, even though their rounds caused several steel shelves to fall and created dozens of wholes amidst the walls. Several cars were struck too and some window panels exploded. A few of the goons stepped forth and picked up the fallen automatics so they could create more threatening suppressive fire.

There was a growing panic. This period of cover fire would have worked better if a few goons advanced (to take advantage of the cover), but presently they were all struck with a paralysing panic. No one wanted to be a hero; neither military training nor mettle was in the mix.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:28 pm

Henry Lynch

"Who the fuck sent these guys!?" one of the goons said, before Artemis was happy enough to get a bullet in the brain for his troubles. These men were unprepared for two gun-toting blood crazed killers, turning things into a free-for-all. Lynch managed to gun down a thug with an automatic, before he ducked for cover behind a collapsed shelf. "Keep shooting, come on!" another thug said, as several thugs tried to shot down Lynch's cover. Lynch immediately jump out of the side of the collapsed shelf with the automatic opening fire on them all. About 3 goons were mowed down at once with Lynch's barrage of bullets. The rest of the armed henchmen were finished off by Artemis, while Lynch got himself some extra ammo.

"We got another warehouse to clear. I don't think our boy Quinn is dead. It looks like-" Lynch wanted to continue speaking, but some random guy with a bullet wound on the side of his chest came running out with a crowbar. "RAHHHHH!!!" there was a loud war cry of a scream from the goon with the crowbar... only for Lynch to immediately trip him. Before he can get up, Lynch fired a shot into his leg. "Piece of shit!" the goon yelled, but Lynch seemed eager, as he grabbed the collar of the man, dragging him over to the industrial grindstone.

"Nice try.."
"Wait! The fuck, you can't do this!" the goon suddenly realized what Lynch was going to do, while Artemis watched. Lynch made sure the grindstone was still on with the goon immediately using his arms to restrain his upper body from getting his face shredded off.
"Other room. How many are there left?" Lynch said, one of his hands gripping the back of the man's head.
"Do I look like I keep count?!"
"I could too on how many I can use this thing on-"
"10! There's like 10 left! Let me go!"

Lynch gave a smirk at that remark to Artemis. "It's too late for that, my friend!" Lynch immediately shoved the man's head against the grindstone. There were screams from the goons, as his face and parts of his skull were shredded off, before Lynch tossed him aside.

"I was saying earlier.. we got another warehouse to clear, before we can reach Mazus and Quinn. Come on." Lynch said, getting his new tool ready, an automatic submachine gun to deliver extra lead. Lynch approached the doors that led to the next warehouse, where more gunfire erupted. Lynch immediately ducked behind a shelf with crates of car parts, making sure Artemis got herself into some cover as well.

"No one is backing down on this! Waste these creeps or I waste you all myself!" Philip Mazus can be heard on the catwalk on the other side of where Artemis and Lynch came from, before he fled deeper into the building. Quinn was forced on the front lines, hiding behind a crate and hoping that he doesn't get shot in the process. Lynch wanted to try to mow some more thugs down, but there was a hail of gunfire aimed at both Artemis and Lynch.

There was a seemingly-hellbent thug with a large assault rifle, perched on the catwalk where Mazus originally was, spraying magazine after magazine of ammo to get a hit. Lynch looked around quick, only to see that there was a goon that was behind cover of a forklift that was still running. It looked they were operating it, before the gun fight happened. Lynch saw how the forklift was in a straight line to a support underneath the catwalk. Perhaps maybe..

"Marsh, start that forklift! We need to take out this guy that has the high ground!" Lynch yelled at Artemis, making sure to return some cover fire from some goons that tried to sneak up on him. Artemis was near the forklift, so she needed to keep her wits up to get rid of any threats that could harm them both.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:11 am

Artemis/Emily Marsh

The two vigilantes made an effective team, covering for each other from two separate angles. Soon, it was finished. Her smoking revolver still held out, Emily observed the carnage in front of her: it was a very satisfying sight for there was a multitude of villainous corpses. Her heart was racing and yet somehow she was hyper-aware of her surroundings.

I have done this… no WE have. A transfer of pure, unadulterated Justice from us into them. This is how it should be.

"We got another warehouse to clear. I don't think our boy Quinn is dead. It looks like-" Lynch wanted to continue speaking, but some random guy with a bullet wound on the side of his chest came running out with a crowbar. "RAHHHHH!!!" there was a loud war cry of a scream from the goon with the crowbar... only for Lynch to immediately trip him. Before he can get up, Lynch fired a shot into his leg. "Piece of shit!" the goon yelled, but Lynch seemed eager, as he grabbed the collar of the man, dragging him over to the industrial grindstone.
"Nice try.."
"Wait! The fuck, you can't do this!" the goon suddenly realized what Lynch was going to do, while Artemis watched. Lynch made sure the grindstone was still on with the goon immediately using his arms to restrain his upper body from getting his face shredded off.
"Other room. How many are there left?" Lynch said, one of his hands gripping the back of the man's head.
"Do I look like I keep count?!"
"I could too on how many I can use this thing on-"
"10! There's like 10 left! Let me go!"

Lynch gave a smirk at that remark to Artemis. "It's too late for that, my friend!" Lynch immediately shoved the man's head against the grindstone. There were screams from the goons, as his face and parts of his skull were shredded off, before Lynch tossed him aside.

As Emily watched this scene play out, she felt a rush of approval and excitement, appreciating the efficacy and brutality of her ally’s righteous tactics.

Yes, he is of the same. He understands what must be done.

She wasn’t previously aware of it, but a part of Emily had always appreciated Strength, both physical and also in the moral department. It was among the reasons she had been drawn to Glenn. Now Glenn was gone and she knew the darkness of the world, she really grew to appreciate the few righteous souls left in the world. In her previous iteration she had been a teacher and a nurturing mother, now she was more of a hunter and a soldier. If there was to be some kind of a new community later down the road, she would need people like Lynch.

As the goon was brutally executed against the grindstone, Artemis didn’t see the suffering and brutal execution of a living human. What she saw instead was the simple erasure of a fleshy container of banal unimaginative evil, seconds after having been drilled and mined for useful intel.

10 eh? I have faith we can handle this.

"I was saying earlier.. we got another warehouse to clear, before we can reach Mazus and Quinn. Come on." Lynch said, getting his new tool ready, an automatic submachine gun to deliver extra lead.

“Very well,” she replied. “I want to stock up on ammo too. Give me a sec.”

Smiling behind her mask, the brunette moved to fully reload her revolver. She picked up a belt and holster from a bloodied corpse, in the process getting more pouches filled with spare revolver ammo. It was a strange aesthetic style (a belt around a dress?!) but she was satisfied with the utility and the extra tools. In contrast to Lynch, she decided to stick to handguns and knife for now. Submachine guns would have a greater recoil, and since she’s been having so much success with handguns so far… why roll the dice? Besides, with the reduced weight she could manoeuvre around the field faster, while Lynch would be weighed down a bit but have access to greater firepower; on paper it seemed like a plan.

“Alright I’m ready, let’s continue hunting.”

She followed him closely, her eyes darting around behind her mask as she held out the revolver with a two-handed grip, scanning left and right.

"No one is backing down on this! Waste these creeps or I waste you all myself!" Philip Mazus can be heard on the catwalk on the other side of where Artemis and Lynch came from, before he fled deeper into the building. Quinn was forced on the front lines, hiding behind a crate and hoping that he doesn't get shot in the process. Lynch wanted to try to mow some more thugs down, but there was a hail of gunfire aimed at both Artemis and Lynch.

There was a seemingly-hellbent thug with a large assault rifle, perched on the catwalk where Mazus originally was, spraying magazine after magazine of ammo to get a hit. Lynch looked around quick, only to see that there was a goon that was behind cover of a forklift that was still running. It looked they were operating it, before the gun fight happened.

"Marsh, start that forklift! We need to take out this guy that has the high ground!" Lynch yelled at Artemis, making sure to return some cover fire from some goons that tried to sneak up on him. Artemis was near the forklift, so she needed to keep her wits up to get rid of any threats that could harm them both.

With the sound of deafening gunfire ringing all around them, Artemis barely made out what Lynch said. Some of those rounds were striking awfully close; she could even make some rounds burying themselves into the ground.

She had quickly eyeballed the situation before taking cover. There’s several of them, but the main hitter was on the cakewalk. She recognized a military-grade assault rifle and judged the distance to be considerable (he was standing quite far and his weapon would have the range advantage). She could lean out and take a shot but with a handgun at such a great range… it was risky; and if she missed, then their position would be narrowed down and made even more vulnerable.

"Marsh, start that forklift! We need to take out this guy that has the high ground!" Lynch yelled at Artemis, making sure to return some cover fire from some goons that tried to sneak up on him.

A good idea. I like it.

Lynch was now providing cover fire from another angle. This would draw attention away. She had to act now.

Making up her mind on the spot, the vigilante woman pocketed her revolver and pulled out her knife again.

She crouched and moved across the battlefield very quickly, seeing that the goon higher up was distracted and spraying away at Lynch’s overall direction. Sticking to the walls, Emily turned and leapt into the forklift. Her accuracy was impeccable and she landed as planned. The driver turned. In a fluid continuous motion, Marsh was inside the vehicle, she wasted no time in slicing open the driver’s throat…

The deed being done, Emily sat on top of the lap of the corpse, turning and moving to manoeuvre the forklift, ignoring the warm red liquid that was now spraying out at the back against her hair and clothes… the sound of gunfire continued to erupt all around her but at least it was towards another direction.

He hasn’t noticed. That’s good.

Thanks to her experience with farm machinery and vehicles, Emily adapted quickly and was able to turn the forklift at a slight angle before setting it on a max speed collision course against the support structure underneath the cakewalk.

Here we go…

Once the path was set, the forklift started to move forward (at a surprisingly good speed for a vehicle that bulky). Just as it was about to collide, the masked woman leapt off to the side.

There was a deafening crash as the structure was substantially disturbed. The cakewalk didn’t crumble or fall but to the assault rifle user on atop, it felt like a taste of a mini earthquake. He shook and stumbled in confusion, temporarily dropping the gun. It clattered against steel. The shaking stopped and there was somewhat of a stabilisation.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” he cried out, moving to retrieve his weapon.

Underneath the platform, Artemis hugged a part of the wall and turned. Two henchmen turned and saw her but she had already pulled out her revolver and extended it out.

With two well-placed shots, she put the two of them down, both rounds striking their upper chests.

On the cake walk, the goon had picked up the gun, he was now leaning over to try and figure out what was happening below. He caught a glimpse of the forklift up close. There was someone down below and she was shooting (why was the hair splashed with red?). Suddenly she turned and stared straight at him! Her visage was hidden by a mask shaped like a wolf! And the revolver was pointed straight at-

BANG! Click! BANG! Click! BANG!

Before he could react, he took two to the chest and one straight through his teeth; he didn’t register much pain before his world turned to darkness.

Seconds later, the masked woman rolled away and took up a new position of cover.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:02 am

Bobby Quinn

Bobby didn't know what to make of the gunfire that was being exchanged. He was more busy curled up with his hands over his head behind the crate, trying not to get lead into his head. It wasn't until he heard the forklift get hijacked was when he raised his head briefly to see it going directly into the catwalk. While the chop shop was a modest operation, Philip made sure that he had his goons do safety precautions. Had his men not do their jobs, the catwalk would have completely collapsed, taking out more goons at once.

Artemis managed to get the upper hand to take out the heavy machine gunner and some others nearby. Lynch was doing the same, mowing them down with glee with his new toy. Philip had already retreated to his office on the upper floor, the only route being the metal stairs to the catwalk that was damaged from the forklift. Bobby Quinn was about to attempt to sneak away, but he looked up to see the automatic submachine gun of

Henry Lynch

peering down him. "This is bullshit! I warned them like you said! They kept me hostage! You already sprained my leg earlier today!" Quinn yelled at him, where Artemis was not far behind him. Bobby Quinn's fate would once again be decided.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:26 am

Emily Marsh/Artemis

We have prevailed yet again it seems. I like this.

Artemis swept the area with her revolver as she stepped out from cover, her heart filled with a feeling of accomplishment at all the carnage. She turned and saw a sight that brought her happiness to still higher levels:

Henry Lynch was pointing his submachine gun at a cornered target; it was Bobby Quinn!

In that moment Emily realized everything was going to be okay. One of her worst nightmares upon seeing him again at this facility was that he would somehow get away, somehow never to be properly punished. If that had happened, she would have been so uncontrollably upset; the universe wouldn’t be properly adjusted. Emily knew what had to be done; he had to be punished. There was no question about it. She, a goddess of justice, had given him a chance at redemption (a chance he never deserved)… instead of showing gratitude and stepping into the light, he had rejoined the shadows.

Bobby: "This is bullshit! I warned them like you said! They kept me hostage! You already sprained my leg earlier today!"

She was so glad for this opportunity! She had made a mistake, she was not going to mess it up this time.

Emily walked up as Henry backed off slightly; somehow there was an unspoken understanding between the two that this was Emily’s equation to balance.

“You were supposed to go home and put an end to your criminal ways,” Emily said, peering at him from behind her mask while raising a finger; there was a cheerfulness apparent in the woman’s voice. “But you did not do so. You warned the enemy. You took up arms against us yet again. You have once again chosen the side of evil. You must be punished.”

“NO MAN!” Bobby cried out, his eyes widening. He pointed at Lynch. “He TOLD ME to warn them?!!!! RIGHT?! You said to WARN THEM?!”

“No that was not the deal,” Emily said, feeling a rush of irritation. Why can’t he just accept it? She was completely sure she told him to quit his criminal ways. “The deal was-“

“You guys said something about me sending a message and then-“

“No,” Emily insisted, her voice betraying a growing edge of annoyance. “Stop making things up. You shouldn’t lie.”

Why am I debating with him? I shouldn’t take this bait.

“I had no choice! PLEASE!” Bobby insisted, holding both of his hands together in a pleading motion. “They were going to kill me!”

Artemis stepped forward and he seemed to step back. As an English teacher Emily had seen this sort of thing play out before. Bobby was like a school bully, and he was now trying to say “I’m part of a gang, they pressured me into it.” That just didn’t cut it.

“You always have a choice,” she said.

“What was I supposed to do?!” Bobby insisted. “They would have KILLED ME! I had to stay-”

“Then you should have died, a promise is a promise,” Emily replied casually. “Hmmmm… you were just following orders… right?”

This last part was a trap. Emily pocketed her pistol now, though she gripped the knife in her skirt pocket.

“Y…yes?” he said, not realizing what had just happened. In Emily’s mind, if he agreed with the phrasing, then she’d be able to lump him in with the Nazis and execute him even more righteously. Bobby had just done so and now was in even bigger trouble. “Then it’s settled.” Emily said.

“It’s settled? What do you mean it’s s-“

She rushed in with the knife and rammed it hard into his stomach. Emily felt a rush of satisfaction as she peered into his face, his eyes widening with horror and unimaginable pain. As Artemis yanked the knife out, she followed up with a second harder stab, then another yanking motion backwards. Her opponent fell down against a wall, barely alive now. He was gasping and struggling, twitching in agony and helplessness.

Emily leaned over him and whispered to him. “I gave you a chance. You could have taken it. Now, as per our discussion last time… you will be carved up like a pumpkin.”

They were in the middle of an enemy base and there could be more goons, but somehow Artemis felt this was a divinely ordained moment (and in any event she trusted that Lynch had her back). She took the time, leaned over Bobby and began to work over his stomach using the blade. It wasn't the biggest blade and she wanted to have something bigger, but she adapted and made it work (this was in her upraising as a farm girl, you had to be adaptible). She tried her best to create the face of a jack-o-lantern. It was rather a lot harder than she had expected. During every Halloween at Gladstone, Emily did her fair share of pumpkin carving. At Gladstone Primary all the teachers had to chip in overtime (expected volunteering time) to carve those things. She definitely put in the time and work for the house and farm too (the children NEEDED the good Halloweens). She was never the best but she definitely wasn’t the worst at it either. Still, it usually wasn’t usually THIS messy. Even though Bobby was seriously wounded, his twitching and limited motions threw off her accuracy somewhat. The pumpkins’ surfaces were harder to carve but the human canvas had unexpected hard points as well; the whole pattern was now rather wobbly and uneven (she had to re-adjust the penetration depths due to the bones as she slid the blade around). Artemis wasn’t sure how much of it Bobby felt; it seemed to her he had passed out within seconds (the screams stopped earlier than she had anticipated). In any event, as the brunette stood up again to look over her handiwork, she felt reasonably assured that a satisfactory measure of justice had been delivered.

It was maybe a bit overkill but she was really really upset that he didn't keep his promise. She was glad to be able to rebalance things this way.

“What do you think?” she asked Lynch. “It’s not my best work but… I think it’s good that I kept my promise to him no?”

Emily thought about it, then she added. “I think for this time, this approach works. But I don’t want it to be my calling card. It’s too tacky. I only followed through on my promise that’s all. We’ll make it a one time thing I think. Next time, I need to try something else.”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Henry Lynch

Henry made sure to keep the gun trained on Bobby, until Artemis showed up to deliver the punishment that was bound to catch up to the now Jack o' Lantern Quinn. When he saw that Artemis was now carving his face, there was a bewildered and amused look on his face, unnoticed by Emily.

“What do you think?” she asked Lynch. “It’s not my best work but… I think it’s good that I kept my promise to him no?”

"I'm mesmerized by your work, actually.." Lynch took a good look at what was left of Bobby's face, smiling some more. "His usefulness for divulgence was already gone after we dealt with him back at the alley. Here, you managed to find a much better use for him. I'm sure he knew that he had to let out one last bang. His screams were like a sonata."

"We still have a long way to go from here. Remember, we're here to deal with Philip Mazus. Speaking of which, where is that angry young man?" Lynch continued, looking up to the catwalk, where a hallway led to Mazus's office. "I'll go up ahead." Lynch said, getting his submachine gun ready.

Philip Mazus

"Get the fucking safe open! Those fuckers might be after the dough!" Philip was getting his shotgun ready, planning on booking it through the emergency exit that overlooked the junkyard and the car crusher nearby. Another goon was busy loading stacks of cash into a duffle bag as fast as he can. "I'm...almost...done!" the goon emptied the safe, zipping up the duffle bag. Before the two can make an escape, Lynch knocked the door open, sending a wave of gunfire towards the two. Philip managed to duck outside to the emergency exit, but the goon with the duffle bag was clipped by some stray gunfire.

"Shit! Wait! If you're here for the money, just take it! I'm sure it's what you're here for!" the goon yelled, but Lynch noticed a panel in the office that was holding a bunch of car keys in holsters. Keys from the many vehicles that were stolen to be chopped up. Lynch let Artemis into the office to deal with the goon, while he was digging around for the keys to his truck. "Marsh, deal with him. I do believe that this place has a car crusher outside?" Lynch suggested to her, while the goon was struggling to stand with several bullet holes bleeding out of him.

Outside, the office balcony had an emergency ladder that retracted down to the ground that also overlooked the junkyard and the car crusher directly below the balcony. It was a standard crusher of two pistons compacting a car from both sides, until it was as thin as a wall. Philip Mazus slipped down from the ladder and was running across the junkyard, trying to find some cover, knowing that those two might open fire on him.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Emily Marsh/Artemis

The brunette turned and saw that that the goon had failed to follow the boss. He was quite a big fellow but much of his power was neutralized due to his wounds. Still, it was impressive how he somehow forced himself to stand up. Somehow, he was able to to momentarily overcome his wounds; even Artemis had to admit it was impressive.

The wheels of true justice always need greasing. They must keep on moving.

She turned and casually pointed a loaded revolver straight at him; his first mistake was not to have his gun out already, if he even had one.

“Hey what the hell is this?!” he protested. “Who do you think you are?! … You’re not even the fucking police!”

You’re completely right about that.

Emily couldn’t help herself, she felt a creeping excitement rise again inside of her. His words reminded her how she was now the very personification of a concept higher than mere earthly law enforcement. She was about to satisfyingly hard-hammer another nail so wretchedly out of place, restore a measure of rightness to a world filled with wrongness.

He is nothing compared to me, but reasonably, I can’t spend too much time here. There is a bigger picture.

“There is a justice that comes for everyone,” Artemis replied. “You’ve served a demon, and now you must pay the price. You’ll accept this truth, you must accept this.”

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!” he shouted, he started to reach towards his gun but Artemis pivoted slightly and set off a warning shot: BANG!

It struck a bit of metal to the side and there was a thunderous reverberation across the building.

“SHIT!” he shouted, summersaulting where he stood as Artemis effortlessly trained the gun on him again, clicking the hammer of her handgun again.

“Come with me,” she said coldly.

Feeling a wave of power rushing through her bones, the masked woman walked up to him briskly and decisively. He didn’t even turn as she grabbed his much larger form by the collar of his jacket(from behind) and pressed her gun straight up at the back of his neck!

“Move it,” she said coldly.

Just as she predicted, his much greater stature meant nothing. He yielded to her and she was able to march him effortlessly over to a specific balcony she had seen. She had an idea. “Faster now,” she said. “Come on.”

He has not the mental strength of mind to match his physical strength. This is his weakness. When push comes to shove, he’s just a bully, praying on those weaker.

She was simultaneously excited while also hyper aware of everything. Somehow the smallest noises in all directions (from the footsteps to the humming of the remaining warehouse machinery to the dripping of his life essence as he somehow kept walking) was made understandable to her as she led him from behind. Still, she paid the most attention to his motion and demeanour, had he made the slightest move to resist, she wouldn’t have hesitated to put him down like the insect he was. Perhaps he knew this because he allowed himself to be led all the way to the edge (conveniently there was no railing, which suited her goal)… the one overlooking the car crusher. Marsh enjoyed how the tiny metal firearm she was holding seemed to give her absolute power in this situation.

The moment man made the firearm history was fundamentally altered… a true remote control of life and death. What a tool for the enactment of true justice!

“Wait a minute,” he croaked, feeling her fingers tighten still around his back, he knew where this was going. “You… you can’t. You- you’re fucking crazy.”

“It is nothing more or less than what you deserve,” she said coldly. “You helped to prey on the weak, now you shall really get it.”

Unceremoniously, she released her grip, withdrew her gun and aimed the strongest, hardest kick she could manage at the area of his posterior. Her boot struck him with decisive, punishing force-

“HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!” His protestations meant nothing as he fell forward and then down, headfirst into a machinery of death. The fall wasn’t that high and so he was still conscious when he landed, his arms having been extended outwards to try and shield himself. Still, with the unfortunate way he landed, he found himself felt pained, dazed, and weakened.

THUD.

Artemis turned and sprinted over to the nearby controls. It wasn’t all that different from some of the crusher machinery she had operated in her farm days and the thing was already turned on. Without hesitation, she rapidly flipped a few switches and hit the decisive button. he car crusher got to work immediately. The noise of the mechanical was overwhelming, like that of an earthquake drowning out his useless screaming. The only merciful thing that could be said was that it was over in SECONDS. Emily Marsh leaned over the edge and watched for a while; she was able to witness his execution from a good angle as she rubbed her hands together. She felt that a task was truly and well completed; there was a warm glow of satisfaction within her.

This is how it should be.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:32 am

Philip Mazus

"Shit, where the fuck is he?!" Philip was hiding behind one of the stacks of wrecked cars that gave him some good cover from the two assailants that were hot on his tail. However, when he peeked out from cover, he was surprised to see that his henchman in charge of the money had been caught already. He can see them at the balcony, before the thug was kicked off into the crusher below.

"Fuck...!" Philip felt escape his mouth, seeing one of the last of his men killed off. Philip needed a plan. He had no more men left and the junkyard was currently empty. It was too late to call for reinforcements. Shit! He needed a last stand somehow!

"Wait a minute.."

Philip saw the welding shed near him. He checked the shotgun that he had. There was enough shells left to blow these assholes away. He rushed to the shed. Was there anything he could use? He opened the door to the shed. There was! Those sick bastards were going to pay for icing out his chop shop, that's for sure!

Henry Lynch

Henry was not far behind Artemis, seeing that she also took advantage of the environment near her. Wrapped in his fingers were a brass set of keys. "My truck should be somewhere in this scrapyard. It might still have my trailer still attached, unless they tore it up." Lynch's mouth twitched a little at that last part, but he was already going down the ladder. Artemis could spot the duffle bag of money with the straps over his arm. Going down to the main junkyard area, Lynch was getting his submachine gun ready, while trying to look for Philip. Artemis was not far behind, but she knew that Mazus had to be dealt with.

Lynch glimpsed at an unmanned crane that was somewhere with a large metallic claw, but there was strangely no sign of Mazus. He couldn't have gone too far. Artemis and Lynch looked around, until the voice of Mazus could be heard in a yell in front of them.

"You think you can fuck with my men and my fucking operation?!" Philip Mazus emerged from behind the stacks of cars with some extra armor. His shotgun was still on him, but now he was wearing a welding helmet and had a piece of scrap metal to use as a shield. "Come get some!!" Mazus immediately fired a shot at the duo, but Lynch shoved Artemis out of the way to avoid gunfire. "Take cover!" Lynch got his submachine gun ready, running behind some stacks with Artemis to take cover. "This guy is no pushover.. The only thing to think of is that we split up. This punk shouldn't be took much trouble for you, right?" Lynch asked, showing Artemis a pistol that he looted earlier. "Extra ammo. Only way to kill him with to load him up with lead." Lynch gave Artemis the pistol, before another shotgun blast struck the stack they were hiding behind.

Lynch immediately hid behind another stack near them, firing several shots at Mazus, before taking cover again. The stray bullets hit Mazus's shield that he had set up. "Come on, motherfuckers! I can take you both out!" Philip yelled again at the top of his lungs.

Artemis got her weapons ready. Philip Mazus was responsible for this illegal operation, so it was best that he would be dealt the same violent justice that she had used against the others that were against her.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:08 am

Emily Marsh/Artemis

Following Lynch down the ladder and beyond, Marsh took into account her new surroundings. They were outside again and she could feel the cold breeze. The grey sky reigned over them. This was a true junkyard: extremely vast and spacious, filled with piles of cars scattered about. The smell was unpleasant, a mixture of steel and garbage.

She held her handgun between her two hands as she followed her ally cautiously, instinctively, she moved from cover to cover, taking advantage of the surrounding cars, her eyes constantly scanning for foes.

He’s possibly the last one left. But who knows, could be others.

There was an unmanned crane with a large metallic claw, though Mazus wasn’t there.

Did he flee the battle like a coward?

That would be very disappointing to her. It wouldn't feel complete.

"You think you can fuck with my men and my fucking operation?!" Philip Mazus emerged from behind the stacks of cars with some extra armor. His shotgun was still on him, but now he was wearing a welding helmet and had a piece of scrap metal to use as a shield.

For some reason, Marsh was momentarily mesmerized by the helmet he was wearing, which was covering so much of his face. It was strange to see one of her opponents wear a mask too and she was inexplicably distracted-

"Come get some!!" Mazus immediately fired a shot at the duo, but Lynch shoved Artemis out of the way to avoid gunfire. "Take cover!" Lynch got his submachine gun ready, running behind some stacks with Artemis to take cover. "This guy is no pushover.. The only thing to think of is that we split up. This punk shouldn't be took much trouble for you, right?" Lynch asked, showing Artemis a pistol that he looted earlier. "Extra ammo. Only way to kill him with to load him up with lead." Lynch gave Artemis the pistol, before another shotgun blast struck the stack they were hiding behind.

What am I doing? I... I almost threw it all away.

Artemis came back to her senses, accepting the second firearm from Lynch. They were both fully loaded, it was time to put out some lead. As Henry fired out a few rounds from cover, Marsh followed the plan, walking briskly over to another side of the battlefield, using the cars as cover. From a different angle, she stepped out.

Mazus was still angled towards Henry and blasting away with the shotgun. He was screaming: “This is the end of your fucked up games! I CALL THE SHOTS NOW!”

As Emily moved forward, she held out one pistol in each hand. It was like some kind of a western. She had never dual-wielded before but somehow in this situation, it just felt right. As the wolf-mask-wearing girl walked forward in her dress and boots, she began to fire off her handguns relentlessly. Consecutive explosive sparks began to light up against Mazus’ heavily-armoured form. As the first few rounds exploded against parts of him (mostly covered in metal), he stumbled and nearly fell. Artemis kept advancing, clicking and firing continuously… Still set ablaze by sparks, Mazus turned around to point the shotgun at Emily. However, Emily adjusted her aim and kept up the barrage. A few more rounds exploded against her opponent, one bullet struck the shotgun itself before he could fire-

CLANG!

Mazus cursed as he dropped the damaged weapon. Click! Click!

Emily was out of bullets, but she didn’t waste a second. Instantly hurling down her two empty guns, she strode forward at top speed. A hand was reaching into her tightly-attached handbag to retrieve her third and final handgun!!!! Her eyes never left her opponent.

Mazus did the same thing, he made a move for his sidearm: it was going to be a race for the draw! As soon as Emily felt the holster of the gun, she pulled it out at max power. Mazus attempted to pull his gun out as well but in a moment of fate, he suddenly felt a sharp pain under his arm; there was a feeling of the warmth of some trickles of blood. Some of the Artemis’ previous rounds had drawn blood. There was the briefest second of hesitancy, of doubt and weakness. It was perhaps just a millisecond slower but it made the all the difference in the world.

Emily’s final gun was out. Before Mazus could fully raise his, Artemis fired off several shots. This time, she struck correctly. Both rounds penetrated vulnerabilities in the armor.

“FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!” Mazus cried out as he dropped his pistol, clutched away at his wounds and finally fell down, overcome by the weight of his armour and his injuries.

Emily kept her gun pointed as she stepped forward.

Destiny, she favours me.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Mazus was screaming out as he flailed on the ground in all of that metallic weight.

"What kind of armour is this? Where did you buy all of this horse manure?" she asked him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! FUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!!!"

“Enough with the screaming,” Emily said but her voice wasn’t loud enough compared to all of that shrieking and howling from her suffering opponent.

“HEY!” Emily cried out, now getting even more annoyed. “SHUT THE HELL UP!”

She wanted to end it but she wasn’t sure, maybe Lynch still needed him. In any event, it didn’t look like he was a threat anymore. To be sure, she stepped forward and kicked the fallen handgun and shotgun far away. "I would have thought he was too old for this kind of behaviour. What should we do with him?" she asked, turning to her ally. "You got a score to settle with him I take it?"

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:37 pm

Henry Lynch

Henry took cover with the barrage of shotgun fire that Mazus was unloading, but Artemis had gotten the upper hand. Mazus began to get shot at by Artemis, letting Lynch slip out of view from the both of them, so he can find his truck.

Lynch appeared to be absent during the fight with Artemis and Mazus, however, the latter went down screaming in anguish from the wounds that Marsh gave him. Despite Artemis wanting to put the suffering Mazus out of his misery, Lynch suddenly crept near Artemis. His smile was more forced than usual. Clearly something happened with his truck.

"I don't have a score with him before, but now he's on the list..." Lynch said, walking up to the heavily-wounded Mazus to force him up on his knees. "GO TO HELL!!!" Mazus yelled again, before Lynch forced a handgun to his forehead.

"My truck still works. I need to have a little chat with in private. Get the gate open, so I can drive my truck out of here." Lynch said to Artemis calmly. However, there was a hidden tone of anger in his voice, while he had a sense of sadistic glee in wanting to extract information from Mazus.

Guilherme Lupton

"Why are we driving over here again?" Hector asked his boss Lupton on why they were taking a drive over to the auto shop owned by Mazus. Lupton had two of his men in the same car as him, so they can pull a drive-by on anyone they suspected were tailing them. "Philip Mazus owes me a benefaction for having the gang providing him. He promised a large sum of money that would be very much useful at this time." Guilherme was being patient. He needed to think out what to do next. Cumberworth might have been paid off by Schaeffer, but he doesn't have any proof. It could have been that asshole Nibert trying to torment Lupton by getting his father killed.

When one of his henchmen drove the group to the auto shop and junkyard, they noticed the lack of guards at the entrance. Usually, there would be some thugs guarding the place. "Isn't Bill and Murph usually here?" one of Lupton's men asked. "That's a very good question. Mazus's place is always guarded. Hector. Tomas. Check things out. I stay in the car." Lupton ordered, where both Hector and another goon Tomas got out. Both of them had small submachine guns to mow down people quickly.

"I don't see anything-"
"Uhh, guys?! Are those dead bodies?!" Hector said, until he immediately brought his voice to a hush. Sure enough, both Hector and Tomas saw the three bodies of the guards against a wall near the front of the building. "What the hell is going on?" Lupton immediately grew alarmed.

"Boss, we need to get out of here! Someone must have tore up the joint! We need to get out before the police show up!" Hector said to Lupton and the others. "Screw the pigs! I bet they are trying to frame us or some shit!" Tomas mentioned, not wanting the police to crash the party.

Now, Lupton and his men were left wondering on how to proceed, since they didn't know if the police would show up or the dead guards were a sign that a deal might have gone bad. The only problem was that the group was being eavesdropped by a lone woman. A woman who was getting the gate open for Henry's truck. She was already recognizing Hector from the prison.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:42 am

Artemis/Emily Marsh

"My truck still works. I need to have a little chat with in private. Get the gate open, so I can drive my truck out of here." Lynch said to Artemis calmly. However, there was a hidden tone of anger in his voice, while he had a sense of sadistic glee in wanting to extract information from Mazus.

“I’ll get on it, the controls are back there,” she replied. Then she had a thought. Before leaving, she turned to make a final remark to her vanquished opponent.

Since Mazus was still on his knees, Emily walked over to him and leaned down, as if addressing a child in schooltime trouble, peering into his distraught face.

“A word of advice,” she said. “My friend here is going to ask you some questions and maybe tell you to do a few things before The End. If you do, things will go better. If you don’t, I expect you’ll be in a whole new world of pain. You’re in some agony now but oh boy it can get so much worse.”

Am I overdoing it? Perhaps. Still, I think this sort of counsel here is a responsibility. Everyone has a journey, and at the end, it’s important to have that perspective.

“If I were you, I’d do what he says. I’d play ball,” she continued, raising a finger as if instructing. “You’ve done some wicked things and you’ve got to pay for them. That’s just the 2 + 2 is 4 part of it. But still, you don’t have to be tortured on the way down the stairs if you follow. You can choose to be a big boy and take your medicine as you should… or you can kick and scream and take a lot of unpleasantries. The thing is still going down your throat. One way or another, it’s gonna happen. It’s best you accept the inevitability. It’s up to you though.”

Without waiting for a response, Artemis turned and walked away briskly, she picked up the two firearms she had dropped earlier.

“I’ll get the door open!” she shouted to her ally as she kept walking swiftly. On the way, she reloaded all her weapons.

Emily had doubled back into the building towards the direction of the general entrance. In the midst of the all the killing, she vaguely remembered a big control panel somewhere.

Her instincts and recollections were correct; it was near where they had entered from before. The key was already in the machine. After setting a few levers, she heard a distant clanging, it seemed that one of the gates had opened.

Time to doublecheck. Lynch’s truck should be able to move now.

She was about to regroup with Lynch when she heard something: the sound of the footsteps of newcomers.

No sirens. It’s not the police?

Perhaps reinforcements from the enemy? Emily got closer and closer, her movement was rapid and fluid though she was being careful not to make any noise.

"Why are we driving over here again?" Hector asked his boss Lupton on why they were taking a drive over to the auto shop owned by Mazus. Lupton had two of his men in the same car as him, so they can pull a drive-by on anyone they suspected were tailing them. "Philip Mazus owes me a benefaction for having the gang providing him. He promised a large sum of money that would be very much useful at this time." Guilherme was being patient. He needed to think out what to do next. Cumberworth might have been paid off by Schaeffer, but he doesn't have any proof. It could have been that asshole Nibert trying to torment Lupton by getting his father killed.

When one of his henchmen drove the group to the auto shop and junkyard, they noticed the lack of guards at the entrance. Usually, there would be some thugs guarding the place. "Isn't Bill and Murph usually here?" one of Lupton's men asked. "That's a very good question. Mazus's place is always guarded. Hector. Tomas. Check things out. I stay in the car." Lupton ordered, where both Hector and another goon Tomas got out. Both of them had small submachine guns to mow down people quickly.

"I don't see anything-"
"Uhh, guys?! Are those dead bodies?!" Hector said, until he immediately brought his voice to a hush. Sure enough, both Hector and Tomas saw the three bodies of the guards against a wall near the front of the building. "What the hell is going on?" Lupton immediately grew alarmed.

"Boss, we need to get out of here! Someone must have tore up the joint! We need to get out before the police show up!" Hector said to Lupton and the others. "Screw the pigs! I bet they are trying to frame us or some shit!" Tomas mentioned, not wanting the police to crash the party.

Now, Lupton and his men were left wondering on how to proceed, since they didn't know if the police would show up or the dead guards were a sign that a deal might have gone bad. The only problem was that the group was being eavesdropped by a lone woman. A woman who was getting the gate open for Henry's truck. She was already recognizing Hector from the prison.

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Destiny does have an odd sense of humour. I do recognize him. He’s from the asylum breakout. What’s he doing here?

She recalled their last meeting. She had killed off a number of rioters and he had been at her mercy. He had given instructions on how to leave the hell hole. The advice had been useful to her, though it wasn’t offered with true voluntariness.

She tried to do some accounting in her head:
He helped me get out, technically. This will count for a bit of credit for him, but it may not be enough to counteract the likely overall evil account of his total character and actions. It’s always a totality of all factors.

From the conversation she had overheard, Emily had already decided that these individuals were part of The Filthy in a substantive way. They were affiliated with this group of evil Lynch and her had just dispatched, in what way and to what extent she couldn’t be sure, but it was enough for them to have their names entered into the book of death. An approximation of true justice may have to do in this case. This was not a time to ascertain all of the facts, the situation didn't allow for it; they had too many guns and she needed to utilise the surprise attack advantage. Prudence was important.

She was standing by the corner of a large shelf filled with steel equipments, having taken a quick peak and now pulling back and eavesdropping. She listened for the footsteps, feeling an intuition as to their location.

Time to shine…

Without warning, Emily stepped out and raised a handgun with one hand, instantly aiming for Tomas’ head.

Without hesitation, the cold woman pulled the trigger.

There was deafening sound as Tomas was instantly executed, his head being penetrated and nailed by the clean shot.

“WOAAHHHHHHHH!” Hector screamed out, instantly turning.

Guilherme Lupton

From inside the car, Lupton could tell something was wrong; he caught a brief glimpse of one of the falling bodies (it was Tomas!). The driver in front of him was panicking already; they couldn’t see very clearly.

“Hector?!” Lupton cried out, poking his head out of the open car window. “HECTOR?!!!”

“Boss should I drive-“

“SHUT UP!”

Hector

Hector was too occupied to reply to his boss. He caught the glimpse view of his opponent standing near a shelf but they soon ran and disappear behind cover.

Instinctively, the gangster turned and began to hipfire his submachinegun on full auto. This style of shooting resulted in very low accuracy though his rapid hip rotation allowed him to effectively spray a large area and fill the walls, the shelves, and the machinery with lots and lots of bullet holes.

While shooting in this somewhat unprofessional manner, he shouted:

“BASTARD!” he roared though his voice barely carried over the noise of the continuous fire.

What kind of a creep wears a mask like that?! And is this a chick?!

He couldn’t quite place it but there was something a bit familiar about this situation. The submachinegun he was carrying had an enlarged clip exceeding 30 rounds, allowing him to keep shooting for much longer than expected.

Artemis/Emily Marsh

As soon as Emily had killed Tomas, she wasted no time in running behind the wall (a good call because Hector responded almost immediately with automatic fire). Feeling a rush of adrenaline, the brunette leaped ahead and rolled, continuing to move from cover and cover. Pieces of bricks, steel and glass flew everywhere as Hector proceeded to shoot everything up (though after a while, the bullets were far off).

Why is it that people always shoot like this? It’s so unclean.

Since the room was filled with deafening gunfire now, Artemis took the chance to reposition, running stealthily from place to place and doubling around the other way.

Hector

Is he dead?

Hector paused to reload his gun. He had over-panicked a bit while spraying in the general direction. At first he had an idea where his target was but after they disappeared from sight and after his bullets struck a many clunky pieces of machinery (that in turn produced more confusing noises and messy falling motions), he became confused as to where his opponent might be.

“HECTOR!” the boss was still shouting from the car. “WHAT’S GOING ON?!”

Hector didn’t bother to reply, not wanting to be distracted. Lupton could either get out and help or shut the hell up. He took out an extra magazine and reloaded, turning around 360 to try and see where his enemy was. It was eerie machinery, shelves, and walls everywhere. This place was giving him the serious creeps.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:01 pm

Guilherme Lupton/Artemis

"Tomas! TOMAS!" Hector ran to where Tomas's body laid. A good hole in the head from some sharpshooting by Artemis. "Hector! Where's Tomas!? What the hell is going on in there?!" Lupton yelled again.

"Boss, I think we should get out of here!" Hector yelled back at Lupton at the car. Lupton himself was wandering what the hell was going on, since the auto shop was now deserted. It should have taken him a while to figure out that the whole place went under the wrath of two bloodthirsty vigilantes. If he went further in the room, he was definitely toasted. "Boss, get us out of here now!" Hector yelled again, this time he was running out of the shop and straight to Lupton's car. Hector watched his back with his submachine gun, in case someone was trying to gun him down in surprise.

Artemis did admit that she was disappointed. She had a clean shot on him, but it was clear the fellow from the car Hector seemed to be more smarter than the other thugs that she dealt with. Artemis was thinking of doing another headshot, until from outside...

"ARGHHHHHHH!!!!"

"What in the fuck was that!?" Lupton yelled, when Hector got to the car. "Where's Tomas!?!" "He got shot!" Hector was quick to say, until the rest of the men in the car saw something through the fence. Something that would confirm the worst of their suspicions.

"Boss, it's Mazus! Holy shit, where did some of his skin go?!" one of the men whispered quick, as Hector got into the car. From where Artemis was hiding, she could see Mazus too. She did admit that while she did hear what Lynch was asking Mazus, she could see that Mazus managed to be rather... crafty. Lynch must have used his knife to cut off pieces of Mazus's skin. His arms were exposed in flesh, where he was stumbling around, howling in pain at the top of his lungs. It wasn't until Artemis noticed that Mazus staggered against the stacks of cars outside.

Then... Mazus stumbled against a stack. The car on the top of the stack appeared to be loose in the foundation. The moment that Mazus slammed against it in fatigue, before stumbling away from it, the car started to teeter. And teeter. Until...

"NO-" Mazus's words were silenced, when the wrecked car came crashing down onto him.

"What the fuck...?" Lupton was witness to this spectacle. He couldn't believe he was just saw. The only thing that cut his line of thought was the scream of Hector. "Drive! Fucking drive!" The driver of the car slammed on the gas, peeling out from away of the auto shop. Artemis might need to make a note of Hector to Lynch. If he was around, they can get info on the Filthy. Artemis looked to see where the car crushed Mazus. He was definitely dead, but it looked like the car isn't blocking the road to the gate.

Back at the junkyard, she could hear the honk of a horn. Lynch must have gotten back his wheels. A brown pick up truck was going towards the gate with a small trailer attached to the back. Artemis couldn't see Lynch in the driver's seat, but it was definitely him. It was nice to make sure the gate was wide open, so the two can flee back to the apartment.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:58 am

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Emily felt irritation as the opportunity to kill Hector came and left.

I don’t know how he fits into this at all. I sense there is a bigger puzzle but I won’t have the answers for now.

It felt incomplete. Still, at least they managed to secure a large number of righteous takedowns on this particular outing. All in all, she had to be thankful. In a way this was just like farming, if her parents had taught her anything, it was that whether it was a good or a bad harvest, you had to be thankful for what you did get and make the most of it. If you didn’t, it would just invite bad luck. She, Emily, was now more of a hunter than a farmer, but still, some of the principles carried over. Or at least they ought to.

Lynch managed to settle his score with Mazus and she had managed to pull off that work of high craftsmanship with Quinn. The fact that these two things and many more could happen on a single trip suggested in her mind, that higher forces were on her side.

Yes, my quest is righteous, though this is only the beginning.

It was time to go.

Marsh made sure that the gate was open, then she retrieved what firearms and ammo she could from the fallen Tomas. She was hoping Lynch had done something similar. There was a lot of valuable firepower in this place and the war was just beginning.

She walked over to the front of the brown truck and moved inside, seeing her ally’s familiar face.

“Well, it looks like you’ve secured quite the ride, glad you got this thing back from the thief,” she said cheerfully. “It’s definitely time to leave though. There was another car just now and a few additional thugs with guns. I made short work of them, made them run and leave but they could come back with more… at any time.”

As the vehicle headed out, Emily continued.

“By the way, great number on Philipp. I wish I could have seen the whole thing, do you consider your score with him settled? I’m very pleased with the result of this trip, I’m really really starting to feel like Artemis now.”

She felt a rush of excitement and exhilaration. They were now making the quite the getaway; as the vehicle traversed the landscape, the junkyard, the machine shop… all of it was left behind. However, the memories of achievement was still fresh in the woman’s mind.

She looked around with alert eyes for a few more minutes, but once it became apparent they weren’t tailed or chased, she allowed herself to relax somewhat.

Marsh removed her mask and wiped some of the sweat from her forehead and hair, watching herself in the front mirror. The thrill of the combat and the killing had been so great she hadn’t before noticed just how much she had exerted herself over this entire round.

What a rush.

She helped herself to some bottled water. Then she smiled, “I’m truly looking forward to a nice fine shower… Also, we’ll need to do an inventory and ammo count up. I suspect we’ve got some extra firepower now. I really do wonder what you’ve got back there for us.”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:42 am

Henry Lynch

“Well, it looks like you’ve secured quite the ride, glad you got this thing back from the thief,” she said cheerfully. “It’s definitely time to leave though. There was another car just now and a few additional thugs with guns. I made short work of them, made them run and leave but they could come back with more… at any time.”

"As much of a victory to have my vehicle back, there are still problems." Lynch explained, trying to keep a straight smile and face. "My trailer was ransacked. While I knew this was expected, some important items of mine were stolen. My hunting rifle and an important heirloom of mine. Both seem priceless, but they mean a lot to me. I can excuse the rifle, but this heirloom is something that I need back.." Lynch said, not disclosing anything on the latter. "Luckily, I noticed that Mazus had this." Lynch pulled out a matchbox, while he was still driving.

Artemis took the liberty to inspect it. It was a black matchbox with some moody red and blue colors and industrial-looking fonts and shapes. "Club Spearhead", the matchbox had. The matchbox included an address and times of operation. Exclusively at night only.

“By the way, great number on Philipp. I wish I could have seen the whole thing, do you consider your score with him settled? I’m very pleased with the result of this trip, I’m really really starting to feel like Artemis now.”

"I may have lost my temper with Mazus upon seeing how burglarized my mobile home got. If you want, you can wear Philip's tattoos in the back. They would be make convincing tattoo sleeves." Lynch joked sadistically.

“I’m truly looking forward to a nice fine shower… Also, we’ll need to do an inventory and ammo count up. I suspect we’ve got some extra firepower now. I really do wonder what you’ve got back there for us.”

"I did take the weapons that I have scavenged, during our spree in the auto shop. What's more important is that I borrowed a bag full of tons of money. It will be enough to use, so we don't have to worry about getting tracked by the credit card I stole. The weapons and cash are in the trailer. What's important now is that we are laying low until tomorrow." Lynch explained, during which several police cruisers sped by with their sirens on. Both cruisers did not suspect the truck and trailer that was passing by. For Artemis, she knew that their massacre at the chop shop did not go unnoticed.

Back at the apartment, Lynch took the duffle bag with money up into the apartment. He kept the truck and trailer in the same place where he hid Judith's car, but this time, he made sure to enforce some security with a rusty steel girder to keep the trailer door shut, even though it could be easily taken off. Plus, Lynch's keychain for his car had the key to his trailer, but for safety, he decided to make it apparent to any would-be carjackers that stealing his truck and trailer again would result in a horrific death. He made that point clear by jabbing an extra kitchen knife from the apartment into the side of his trailer. He didn't care about damage, he wanted to set a point.

Lynch checked the address from the matchbox, which was actually in an area at the riverside docks. A small website detailed that the address was to a "hardcore" themed nightclub that had been converted from a warehouse. No other info could be found, however. Even with this info, Lynch was looking more calm. He was checking one of the things that he bought from the clothing and costume store. The red tattered raincoat. Lynch was thinking about something, though he focused on keeping Artemis company, after she got out of her shower.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:14 pm

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Nothing like a good shower after an honest day of hard labor.

As she aggressively applied the limited shower gels and scrubbed, the brunette imagined that the water was purifying her entire form. Her work, pure and righteous as it was, had required that she temporarily be covered by the blood and filth of her enemies. She looked down and saw that the water disappearing into the hole included streaks of red; this showed that the dried blood of her foes was coming off.

As the water cleansed all of this away, her mind numbed with warmness as it recollected all of the kills throughout the day and beyond. It was a good feeling and she felt like things were right.

After spending ample time cleaning and drying, she changed into a dark green tank top with black jeans before stepping out to rejoin Lynch.

“So, how’s the Club Spearhead looking?” she said, walking by and taking a peek at the laptop. There was a mug filled with water in her hand; the water wasn’t entirely safe but she was thirsty from the recent workout. She offered another mug to her friend. “We’re going to hit it tomorrow? Should we scout it out?”

It was like putting a giant puzzle together and she really wanted to see how all the pieces fit. The Club was their most promising lead. She was eager to get her hands on the big members of Dolan's group, particularly those who murdered her family and framed her, but still, this was setting the foundations. It was important to get the experience and the exposure first. There were plenty of opportunities for trial and error here, to fine-tune the approach to cleansing.

Then another thought occurred to her. “Say… now that we have the bag of money, I think it’s about time we had an upgrade in provisions here, especially in the culinary department. It’s quite the paycheck eh? Should we do a count up of the funds?”

She thought about it. It would be exciting to do some cooking again.

Strictly speaking. It’s not our money. But it was in all likelihood stolen from the stolen, or otherwise the product of wicked labor. That makes it all fair game for the taking.

She peered outside, it was getting dark though. It was best not to tempt the wolves. “Perhaps tomorrow.”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 pm

Henry Lynch

“So, how’s the Club Spearhead looking?”

"Found the address. It's at the docks at the river. It was a point of interest for me, originally. However, it looks like a good lead." Henry brought up some more information, taking the mug of water that Emily offered him. He needed a sip. "Not much info, besides the area being for a nightclub. Seems like a place for deviants, but it's something to not discourage us."

“We’re going to hit it tomorrow? Should we scout it out?”

"The nightclub only opens in the middle of the night, meaning we're forced to hit it when it's nocturnal. Our attempts to scout it out in the middle of the day could end badly."

Lynch explained all he had, though Marsh had an interest in the little "bonus" they got from the auto shop. There had to be tons of money in that duffle bag.

“Say… now that we have the bag of money, I think it’s about time we had an upgrade in provisions here, especially in the culinary department. It’s quite the paycheck eh? Should we do a count up of the funds?”

Lynch got out his chair to check the amount of money, checking the width of one bundle of money wrapped with a white thick rubber band. It wasn't within the millions, but it was enough to sustain them for weeks. "I would enjoy having some new cuisine here. I know a good recipe for fried chicken. Maybe if I become more lucky, I could offer you some of the meat that I like. You would have to remind me to bring some tupperware. There is a grocery store we can swing by to get ourselves some goods. The left overs are getting on my nerves."

Emily could only recommend tomorrow. Lynch agreed.

Timothy Harrelson

Insomnia.

Pure insomnia and pain. Timothy had taken the painkillers as usual, but he was sweaty in his bed. He couldn't sleep. He felt paranoid. His dreams were starting to stray away from nightmares, but he kept seeing things. Strange things. He was imagining something right now. There was...something going up the stairs in his apartment. Shadowy like a demon. It was the silhouette he saw. Coming to his front door. Reaching for his doorbell.

Timothy sat up in his bed. He got his gun, heading to the door slowly. He didn't hear anything on the other side, but he knew there was someone behind there. He undid the deadbolt. He waited until the door went open. Nothing.

Screw it!

Timothy immediately barged out of his own apartment, aiming his gun down the hallway. There wasn't even anyone there. The hallway was completely empty. There was a tenant that Timothy recognized, but they immediately stepped down, seeing him with the gun. Timothy let out a sigh. "Shit.." Timothy muttered, going back into his apartment, closing the door.

It wasn't until Timothy had his phone ringing from Dolan was when he knew something serious happened. "Schaeffer?"
"Harrelson, we have an issue."
"What issue, sir?"
"The cops are all over Mazus's place. Rick and Louise are saying that it's a massacre over there. We may be dealing with a gang hit."
"A gang hit? Who would hit the chop shop?" Timothy asked, raising concern in his voice. Timothy knew the place. It was illicit, but Philip Mazus kept the place well hidden from the authorities under the guise of an auto place. Who the hell would start a massacre there?
"Get over there now, so Rick can brief you on the details. My guesses is that Philip could be dead. I expect you meeting Vinnie there too in 10 minutes." Dolan abruptly hung up the phone on Timothy.

Fuck.

Vinnie Pabari

Vinnie was taking a smoke across the street from where multiple cop cars had surrounded the Route 66 Auto Repairs and Wreckers place. The dead bodies that were left outside the front of the place had white cloths covering them completely. It looked like Artemis and Lynch's handiwork didn't go unnoticed. There was already a cop puking his guts out by his car. Vinnie saw Timothy show up, walking down the street, acting like a bystander with that overcoat of his. Timothy stopped to lean against a telephone pole, starting things with Vinnie.

"How bad is it?" Timothy said, getting himself a cigarette from Vinnie. "Bad. Philip is dead." Vinnie said, bluntly. "I'm not surprised. Where's Rick?"
"He's in that detective outfit he likes to be in. Acting all undercover. Louise Donovan is here, too. Louise will give the evidence to Rick, which he will give to us, Dolan, and John."
"How's Nibert? That crazy neo-Nazi terrorist is still holed up in that zoo?" Timothy let out a drag.
"He's a major gamekeeper, Harrelson. Possibly eternally."
"Eternal doesn't always mean immortality."
"Acting like a smartass at this time of night?" Vinnie raised an eyebrow at him.

"At least, I'm not like my brother."
"Get over it, Timothy. He can stay in that meat processing plant in the city. He does good as a drug trafficker and a hitman." Vinnie wanted to say more, but the familiar sight of Rick Pearson, dressed as an undercover cop, arrived to the pair, causing some deja vu for Timothy. "Boys. We have a problem." Rick said, getting to the point.

"Mazus is dead. Is that all?" Timothy asked him. "Not just that. All of Mazus's men are dead. Louise doesn't have a clue on who would shoot up the place, but we found a body that we can easily I.D. Someone who could lead up back to another with a motive." Rick mentioned to them.
"This was a gang hit?" Vinnie asked Pearson.
"Me, Donovan, and the other cops think so, too. We thinking that a bunch of hitmen came to the joint, killed everyone and Mazus, stole what was in the office, then left. Luckily, we know one of the dead hitmen, though it doesn't explain the gorier stuff we found. Mazus had parts of his body skinned off and we found him crushed under one of the stacks in his junkyard."
"What body did you find?"
"I recognized him. He's part of Lupton's gang." Rick explained to the men.

"...Lupton."

Dolan Schaeffer

"Let me get this straight.." Dolan was in his office with his cell phone, looking at news of the attacks that happened at Ludwig Square and the auto shop. "You believe that Lupton sent a bunch of guys over to kill Philip Mazus?"
"It's all we got. You want us to start retaliation on Lupton, soon?" Pearson's voice can be heard on the phone.
"Of course, you need to start retaliation, but.." Dolan paused a bit, thinking of some things. He already knew why Lupton might take down one of Schaeffer's assets. The chop shop that Mazus owned was a minor asset in funds from trafficked car parts. Unless Lupton had a beef with Mazus, he doubted it. "We already know that Lupton could know we sent his father to Starkweather Correctional Facility to have him killed. Lupton might have connected the dots from a snitch. I do have a wonderful idea." Dolan smirked with something in mind.

"I want you to get into contact with the extortionist Lindor Cumberworth. If we're going to take Lupton down and send a message back, we do it through Lindor. That crazed serial killer fool can easily take Lupton down. I'll expect you all to get back to work. Drug production needs to continue and our profits for the drug business will impress out of state and offshore buyers soon enough. Tell Vinnie to head back to his club tomorrow night to maintain drug sales. Bye." Dolan hung up the phone. All he could do is roll his eyes, oblivious at the carnage that had happened today.

"She came and killed my pimp!" On TV, Louisa was giving an interview to a reporter more interested in the details surrounding the death of Niccolo “Nicky” Colucci on what happened that day at Ludwig Square. "I thought she was on drugs, but she killed him! I saw the look she had! She was crazy! Apparently, Artemis didn't get proper credit from the women she saved.

"The death of the wannabe gangster and pimp, Niccolo "Nicky" Colucci, known for his criminal record, was one of the many unexplained murders that had happened in rapid succession in Ludwig Square. A robbery happening at a Chinese-immigrant owned pawnshop was thwarted, when the robbers were murdered by an unidentified masked figure, seen in a security camera.

We also have the deaths of a brothel owner and a known pedophile occurring the same location at the same time. What could this mean? Is this a result of a violent spree of organized anti-crime, or are we dealing with worse to come? The mayor of Starkweather had declined to comment further on the prison riot yesterday, which had caused authorities to suspect that many escaped convicts could be on the prowl right here in Starkweather.

There are two witness descriptions on the possible assailants involved in the Ludwig Square, where we will share on screen."

Dolan took a glimpse at the portraits on the screen, drawn by a sketch artist made to draw profiles on the two. The images of what witnesses saw of Artemis and Lynch were unfortunately inaccurate. Louisa accidently gave an incorrect facial description of Emily Marsh, leading to several wrong directions. Henry Lynch's face portrait was more exaggerated. His smile stretched out to demonic lengths on the news.

Dolan went to his lounge to get himself a drink from his liquor cabinet, only to see a fellow Demios member already there, taking a look at the guitars on display in the lounge. "Zheng? The hell are you doing here?" Dolan said, seeing the surprised Zheng Wheatly react to his presence. "Sir, I was only doing patrols, since the others had to sort through a wrong delivery order downstairs." Zheng explained to him.

"Did they shoot the postman or delivery boy?" Dolan immediately asked, with some silence from Zheng. "Yes.. They already shot him. We will dump the body away." Zheng explained to Dolan, while he grabbed a drink of whiskey. "You know I can't be expecting issues right now, since we're on a verge of another gang war. I've taken that the others have texted or called you on news of Mazus's death." Dolan said, knowing if Zheng was in the know.
"I already heard, sir. I was more concerned on some of the other product. The main one. A deal with several trafficked women nearly went south, due to what happened at Ludwig Square. It was a surprise that the mayhem didn't expose the location of the deal." Zheng said to Dolan.

"Alive product isn't cheap. It's still good that you are making sure that our primary business isn't going downhill." Dolan gave a smirk at Zheng, who looked concerned. "Is there something else you want me to do, sir?"
"You could tell me why you been buying books recently from the library. Vinnie came by, asking that you had told him that you needed money to buy books. What's the deal with that? You want to buy Dr. Suess or some book by a British guy?"
"They are for my grandmother and daughter. You should already know that I have a daughter.." Zheng had to explain to Dolan.

"Ughh.. Right. Your daughter. Along with that deaf lady you are still with."
"She's my grandmoth-!"
"Don't raise your voice at me, you Asian bastard." Dolan wasn't afraid to show his racist views. He was friends with a white supremacist terrorist after all. "It's pointless to stick with them. All of this family bullshit just holds you down from getting to the top of the ladder in progress. You have sex with someone, they give birth, and then you die for your offspring who wants to make avocado toast or some shit. I'm expecting better from you, Zheng."

Zheng was speechless, losing the chance to speak more. "Now, get downstairs to help with the rest of the men." Dolan ordered Zheng, causing him to leave. Dolan needed time to himself. He walked over to the window, admiring the view of the city. On the night of the prison break, he saw the red glow of the fires in the distance. Now, all he was seeing was the lights. He sipped his whiskey. He will continue with progress.

Chapter 8: Spearhead

Emily Marsh woke up in the bedroom again, as usual. There was still np signs of Lynch sharing the bed with her. He seemed more inclined to sleep out in the living room, despite her offer to share the bed. A little too generous of him? Emily could hear rain pouring outside of her window. The weather seemed to have gone bad. It wasn't an issue. She had a raincoat, so did Lynch.

She didn't hear anything besides the rain. Was Lynch still in the flat? It was eerie to not hear him. Did he go out shopping for groceries? Marsh got herself dressed, walking into the living room. To her surprise, Lynch was already there on the couch with the TV and the remote ready. There was a still image on screen, since the television was paused. Did Lynch tape something?

"Good that you have woken up, dear. Before we go out, we have a little problem." Lynch cut to the chase by pressing play on the remote. The TV was playing last night news. Marsh already recognized Louisa from Ludwig Square being interviewed. What was more of interest was the two hand-drawn wanted posters on screen of Marsh and Lynch. Marsh saw differences from the poster and herself. Looks like the sketch artist got the wrong info. The same was applying to Lynch's poster, looking more demonic. Despite this, the news would detail that the two were unidentified suspects. John and Jane Does, respectively.

"Our actions at Ludwig Square didn't go unnoticed, but I doubt that our activities will require violence in the middle of the day. We must still keep a low profile. Schaeffer is still in our grasp, but we can't let the authorities catch on to us." Lynch explained, keeping his smile on his face, while having some seriousness. "There is news of our misadventure at the auto shop, but the news hadn't connected it to us. Regardless, we need to avoid attracting more unwanted attention." Lynch said.

Lynch later made breakfast for Emily. The same as before, but today, they were going to head to the grocery store to get some actual food for themselves. Cravings were unbound to an amount of possibilities, especially with the cash that they now had. There was enough printed money to remain untraceable.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:57 am

Emily Marsh

"Good that you have woken up, dear. Before we go out, we have a little problem." Lynch cut to the chase by pressing play on the remote. The TV was playing last night news. Marsh already recognized Louisa from Ludwig Square being interviewed. What was more of interest was the two hand-drawn wanted posters on screen of Marsh and Lynch. Marsh saw differences from the poster and herself. Looks like the sketch artist got the wrong info. The same was applying to Lynch's poster, looking more demonic. Despite this, the news would detail that the two were unidentified suspects. John and Jane Does, respectively.

"Our actions at Ludwig Square didn't go unnoticed, but I doubt that our activities will require violence in the middle of the day. We must still keep a low profile. Schaeffer is still in our grasp, but we can't let the authorities catch on to us." Lynch explained, keeping his smile on his face, while having some seriousness. "There is news of our misadventure at the auto shop, but the news hadn't connected it to us. Regardless, we need to avoid attracting more unwanted attention." Lynch said.

“A problem you say?” Emily said, smiling as she watched the TV with great interest. “I think it’s good that we’re getting good recognition for our work. This will definitely strike fear into the rotting heart of the city. Now they can begin to learn that evil actions will have consequences.”

Yes, it has begun. The education of this fallen place. First they will fear the goddess of the hunt. That is the first step. One step at a time.

There was a bit of a contradiction inside the brunette’s heart. On the one hand, she knew what Lynch meant. Dolan’s forces could be on high alert and it was unwise at this stage (when they were so unprepared) to draw heat from the authorities. The news broadcast could make future missions that much harder.

Still, she loved that her project was getting some recognition. It felt right and proper. This filled her with excitement, satisfaction, warmth. All artists wanted recognition for their work and Emily was no different. She felt a huge sense of achievement that the media was talking about her; it made her very happy.

“But I know what you mean,” she conceded. “We’ll lay low for now. Can’t get too carried away.”

Hmmmm… these police sketches… I don't like them.

“Well, they made you look worse,” she commented, raising a finger to her chin. “Also, why do I look so much older? EH. It’s not important.”

Lynch later made breakfast for Emily.

“Thanks for making breakfast, I’ll definitely play a huge role at lunch.”

After their breakfast, Emily really looked forward to visiting the grocery shop. They said an army marched on its stomach. Good quality food vitally important and the leftovers they had at the present, they weren’t simply weren't going to do. Emily really valued the importance of food. It was time to bring back a bit of Gladstone era quality.

Near the hours of noon, the dingy grocery store received a visit from Emily and Lynch. Both parties dressed very differently and out-of-style on purpose.

To minimize the chances of recognition by anyone, Emily had re-arranged her hair into a ponytail and she wore a pair of prop glasses (that still looked realistic and functional enough). She sported a gray sweater with an unused hoody, black jeans, and a pair of basic sneakers. Emily didn’t like this look but she had decided on it for now out of practicality.

Since Emily knew they had just acquired a large stack of stolen bills, she shopped liberally. The shopping carts were rolled across the place and they were generously filled to the brim.

Fresh fruit, frozen meat, cereals, yoghurts, tea and coffee, bottled drinks, vegetables, snacks in plenty, condiments, sauces, bags of rice, boxes of noodles and pasta, bags of toast and bread and so much more. Planning ahead, Emily also insisted that they buy a few extra kitchen appliances just in case.

The store was reasonably packed that day and so Marsh was happy that they wouldn’t stand out that much. She was in a great mood though and so when she reached the checkout counter she was perhaps a little bit TOO bright.

“Good morning sir,” she said cheerily to the gruff-looking and bored cashier. “This is a great shop you’ve got here. Oh… right. The money.”

She fumbled through her pocket and pulled out some bills after the total was calculated. Emily couldn’t believe it, she had just finished her first trip doing the groceries in the longest LONGEST time. The things that happened in her life, they had really taught her to appreciate the little things, the things she had taken for granted before.

It took a while for them to load all of their food supplies into the trunk of the car.

“I have to say,” she said to Henry at the parking. “This will keep us well-stocked for the longest time. I can’t wait to get started with all the cooking. This is turning out to be a great day and we have so much to look forward to.”

On the way back, they also used the money to buy some supplies of leather and some metal tools and supplies (Emily was very handy and planned to use a few tricks she had learned in her farming days to make some attachments to their belts to hold knives and guns more easily). In case it would be useful later, they also bought some basic construction tools and machinery, additional sawing equipment, and limited supplies of wood among other things.

When they got back, it was happy times in the kitchen after the food supply was sorted, categorized and stored. Many excellent and delicious dishes were made and there was good nutritional balance. The deceptively small kitchen turned out to be surprisingly effective, especially when backed up by the new kitchen pans and appliances. Emily whistled happily as she prepared a wonderful salad, a wonderfully tasting pot roast and stew, mashed potatoes with gravy, and even a full apple pie. All of this took many hours to make but it was well worth it and Emily enjoyed working with her hands. It was good to enter the kitchen again after all this time and she was determined to make one of the best meals she had made in quite a while.

“Well I think that turned out rather well if I may say,” she said as they finally sat down to eat. Lynch had shared some of his recipes too and they had a go at the fried chicken as well. “It should do wonders for our morale.”

The TV was turned on as well in case they missed out anything from the news.

After a most pleasant meal, the two vigilantes spent the afternoon planning their mission to the Club. Emily was excited to re-take the mantle of Artemis once more. They had plenty of firearms and she had a good feeling about the possibilities. Emily also spent several hours crafting and modifying belts to have extra pouches and attachments so that they can carry more knives, guns and ammo.

They would take a most inconspicuous practical vehicle.

Emily returned to her short untied hairstyle. For this mission she would use a silver wolf mask, sporting a violet raincoat over a pink T shirt, blue jeans with boots. Plastic gloves were used to minimize hand prints. She packed a large knife (which was outfitted into a new modified belt) along with her favourite revolver with a very generous supply of ammunition. To go in heavy, she also brought the shotgun and the extra shells as well.

“Let’s get this show started,” she declared dramatically. Eager to start Artemis’ work once more.

Their plan was not the best one but it would have to do. In any event, a bit of improvisation was going to be needed.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse