NATION

PASSWORD

Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (IC, 2-Player RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:50 pm

Henry Lynch

"I'm not someone who is willing to take a defeat. If we're going to survive knowing that the goalposts are put directly out into the stands, we're getting a score in." Lynch mused, as he was checking some cabinets for some supplies. Sure enough, he pulled out a jug of kerosene, though it was if they should make some weapons or even use it if they needed to set the place on fire. "Just some precautions.." Lynch mentioned, as he did see a candle lighter in a drawer in the cabinet.

“Alright then,” Emily said. “Let’s see. We’re going to need some new clothes. Meanwhile, let’s see what else we can get our hands on. We should also do a check up on the food supply. How well do you know this neighborhood? What can we access from here?”

"Only thing I know about this neighborhood is that it was empty and littered with mostly street thugs during the day. Since the rain is pouring, they are all nestled inside. For clothes, we need to work with what we got in the bedroom closet, while for food.." Lynch opened the fridge to see a limited supply. Otto was most likely going to head over to the grocery store tomorrow, but he never got the chance. Lynch did a check on what could be good for dinner or breakfast.

"A bottle of sriracha.. spicy chicken insta-noodles.. a pizza pocket.. a flatbread.. wheat crackers.. microwavable rice.. kale.. leftovers of an egg salad sandwich.. a green smoothie.. eggs.. lots of eggs.. some random packaged salad.. a carton of hot chocolate...the Mexican kind.. ingredients to make four BLT's.. and is that a pizza box?" Lynch pulled out the pizza box from the fridge, where he opened up the cardboard box. Cheese and olive pizza. "The lack of meat disgusts me.."

For medical supplies, there was some antibiotics, but a trip to the pharmacy would be in order soon. Disinfecting alcohol was there in the medical cabinet, too. The clothes that Emily could only find were for men, but she needed to get the hell out of that white jumpsuit of hers.

She glanced at the bed. “The bed is on the small side. I suppose we can take turns? … What do you say we play a game? Whoever wins get the bed this night, the next night we switch? Do you know any games?”

"I could do a little game, but I find the living room armchair to be a comfortable piece for me to rest." Lynch explained, though Emily knew that Henry was letting her have the bed. "It's still a little early for the night. After the shenanigans back at the prison, I wish to take the extra time to prepare in advance. After an event like that, it will be eventual that the authorities will realize that we were among those who escaped. If what you said about the law being involved with your injustice, we need to take that into consideration."

Henry took note of the laptop, as he went over to attempt to use it. "I'm going to do some digging on our possible opponents before I sleep. Lynch sat down at the desk, as he turned on the laptop with a press of the power button. The laptop booted on, however it was immediately met with a password option. "Hmmm.. let's see.."

Lynch tried the standard 1234 approach. Didn't work, however a hint appeared below the screen that got Lynch's attention.

"Hint: My favorite play + the number of rings"

Lynch glanced at that poster that was in the living room of the obscure poster of the French Play. The words Camille can be seen on the poster, where Lynch knew the rings referred to Saturn. "Let's try this again."

He tried Camille7. He got through to the desktop, as he checked the internet. 3 bars of internet, possibly from the lousy Wi-Fi in the apartment, or from the heavy storm. "I'm in. I need to know who is on that list of ours. Who do you believe is responsible for the crimes that were dealt onto you?" Lynch needed to know information from Marsh, since he needed to do some research.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:51 am

Emily Marsh

"Just some precautions.." Lynch mentioned, as he did see a candle lighter in a drawer in the cabinet.

“It could come in handy later,” Emily observed. “For burning things… or people.”

Suffice to say, Emily felt like she’s had several lifetimes to think of creative ends for her enemies. At least some of them had involved the use of fire.

Lynch: "Only thing I know about this neighborhood is that it was empty and littered with mostly street thugs during the day. Since the rain is pouring, they are all nestled inside.”

Emily didn’t like the idea of the thugs roaming around in daylight. However, it did reinforce her existing sense that she and Lynch were now in some sort of twilight zone where law enforcement traditionally had a limited or non-existent presence, where poverty, living conditions, and crime rates were so unsalvageable that any attempts by the authorities to try to police it would only result in worse-looking results on paper. Results that reflected badly on whoever was involved. Hence, nobody from the clean side wanted to touch this and informal agreements were made.

Though with such an unprecedented breakout from the Correctional, who knows how that’ll change the calculus.

She had to wonder how many inmates made it out. Who knows how many innocents were incarcerated there; she wished them the best.

“For clothes, we need to work with what we got in the bedroom closet, while for food.." Lynch opened the fridge to see a limited supply. Otto was most likely going to head over to the grocery store tomorrow, but he never got the chance. Lynch did a check on what could be good for dinner or breakfast. "A bottle of sriracha.. spicy chicken insta-noodles.. a pizza pocket.. a flatbread.. wheat crackers.. microwavable rice.. kale.. leftovers of an egg salad sandwich.. a green smoothie.. eggs.. lots of eggs.. some random packaged salad.. a carton of hot chocolate...the Mexican kind.. ingredients to make four BLT's.. and is that a pizza box?" Lynch pulled out the pizza box from the fridge, where he opened up the cardboard box. Cheese and olive pizza. "The lack of meat disgusts me.."

“Meat is good,” Emily concurred, though she had the idea her friend was thinking of other types beyond the usual supermarket fare.

Emily observed the contents of the fridge.

“It’s not bad,” she said. “Anything’s a nice change from the food from the asylum. Still… I agree with you, this supply could use a bit of improvement and we DEFINITELY need meat.”

She strolled around to see what cooking equipment was in the place; it wasn’t bad.

“If we stay here longer, we should get our hands on more food. If we can find out where the landlord got his groceries, then I could show you some of my recipes.”

She winced briefly. The last time she had cooked it was for Dolores’ party… …

She expelled the thought from her head, choosing to focus on the future. She felt creeping excitement at the thought of making food again; she had always felt alive in the kitchen.

“Meat roasts, spaghetti, chicken pie, apple pie, Irish stew,” she listed. “We’ve got limited stuff to cook but I can still make do. Let’s get the water supply set up as soon as possible. It’s good to avoid thirst.”

Emily filled out several large jugs with tap water and started to boil some of it using a kettle on stove. Starkweather wasn’t known for clean water and factoring in the neighborhood; they should make attempts to disinfect the water.

“Bottled water,” Emily mentioned. “We’ll have to add that to the list of things to look out for.”

Noting where the medical supplies were, Emily finally changed out of the clothes, using the bathroom as a changing space. The clothes weren’t the best fit but they would have to do for now; she settled for a green T shirt and long blue pants suitable for indoor wear. Looking at the mirror, she was a bit annoyed that her brown hair was now rather longer than she liked and rather messed up.

It has been eons since I’ve had proper time in front of a mirror…

Gladstone girls were strongly independent, and she knew how to cut her own hair. She would attend to that later but there were higher priorities for now.

“There’s a few knives and scissors that we should track,” she said, walking out newly-dressed. “In case we need more weapons. The jackets and coats in this house will be great for concealment.”

Sitting down over a sofa, she was finally free to inspect the two firearms they had now. Unholstering the pistol, she took a closer look at the revolver, handling it and extracting the cylinder momentarily.

“6 chambers, 9 mm shots,” she said. “I guess it’ll have to do for now.”

There was a packet inside the guard’s belt containing limited extra bullets. She reloaded the half-empty revolver, now it came out to 6 bullets in the gun, 11 spare. She turned and tested the cylinder a bit before locking it in.

As for the shotgun, Emily recognized it as a pump action Remington 870, a staple for law enforcement and hunters. She inspected inside the tube and saw that they had three shots total.

“Definitely not a best world scenario,” she said. “Ammo is scarce; we’ll have to watch it.”

She glanced out of the windows (to try and get a bearing on the neighborhood and their surroundings) and couldn’t see much; there wasn’t much of a view, mostly blocked off by concrete structures. Then she turned and saw that Lynch was on the laptop.

“Any luck with that thing?” she asked as she dragged up a chair and moved over. “I’m no good at passwords.”

She was extremely impressed when he got through the password system.

Lynch: "I'm in. I need to know who is on that list of ours. Who do you believe is responsible for the crimes that were dealt onto you?"

Emily shuddered.

There’s just… so many people. Where to even begin?

It was clear that Dolan Schaeffer was at the center of it all, she knew that (though she still couldn’t understand what he planned to do with the newly-built pig farm and slaughterhouse in Gladstone). Why was he so adamant about the project? On the surface, there couldn’t be much money in it. So why did it necessitate removing her and her entire family? There must be some hidden illicit purpose. She would stake her life that the millionaire was a major player, if not THE major player behind it all. Her life had started to go downhill shortly after Glenn ran into that bodyguard of his, shortly after the town union meeting (during which Schaeffer had given her a bone-chilling smile of death), and shortly after she and Glenn had taken steps to try and publicize their opposition to Schaeffer’s plan through the media.

One thing Emily had wondered, was whether Schaeffer was at the very top of the conspiracy, or whether there were individuals even higher.

How far does the rot of the tree go?

Dolan’s two bodyguards were on The List of course, in addition to showing up at the town union meeting, they were both present at The Massacre. She realized that the lack of names was going to be a problem. She would recognize all six of the shooters for sure, but the cards had been carefully played so she didn’t have the names. This was a point of frustration, at least for now.

She remembered particularly bone-chilling details a few particular shooters. There was the sadistic old man who beat Glenn to death with a golf club and taunted her (he was a sort of leader and captain), then there was the psychotic one that smelled like garbage (he had grabbed and groped at her, hit her many times). There was an Asian gangster.

If only I had their names.

“I don’t have the names of the shooters themselves. So let’s just start with Dolan Schaeffer, I’d stake my life that he’s a major, if not THE major player,” she said, still thinking. “His bodyguards were there shooting down my family. He has the money, the connections, the means. What has happened to him since? What’s happened in Gladstone?”

She had little doubt that the proposal to build the plant went forward during her convenient removal. Wasn’t that the point?

But why exactly?

She leaned over closely. If there were any photographs and names she could place together it could be huge.

Emily’s List was a massive one and her zeal in this giant crusade was insatiable, quite possibly far beyond the reasonable. But as Glenn had said in the Dream World: “This is one of those things that if you’re going to start, you might as well do it completely, from top to bottom, with every single corner disinfected. The cleansing must be through and comprehensive.”

No mercy. No exceptions.

Other than Dolan and the six unnamed shooters, Emily’s list also included Louise Donovan (the officer that had arrested her, gloated in her suffering, misrepresented her rights, created and run false evidence against her at trial), Judge Lucinda Grace Umbridge (who in retrospect had clearly sabotaged and ruined her entire trial), those who had personally wronged her in the asylum system, and all the those who bore false witnesses against her. She remembered with great anger, the long list of “technical experts” who had produced false evidence to destroy her reputation and put her away in the name of the state. Unfortunately for them, their names were a matter of public record from the trials; she could theoretically get to them all at some point.

Speaking of false witnesses…

“The WHITMANS,” she said out loud. “I’ll give you their full names. We can look them up. They live in Gladstone and they are clearly part of it. At trial, their little girl lied on the stand and said she saw me firing guns on the day of the Massacre… their parents testified to seeing Glenn and I having non-existent arguments. They were part of the effort to set me up.”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:35 pm

Henry Lynch

“If we stay here longer, we should get our hands on more food. If we can find out where the landlord got his groceries, then I could show you some of my recipes.”

Lynch heard all sorts of recipes that Emily was listing out, as it only stretched his grin wider. "I do enjoy some fried chicken, but there is some other dishes with the right type of meat that I enjoy." Lynch mentioned to Emily.

Even though Lynch didn't care that Marsh was rationing and boiling water for safe consumption, Henry didn't seem to mind, until some curiosity got the best of him. He checked the kitchen tap, where he cupped his hands together to get a good amount in his hands. One lick of water and he immediately tasted something that was metallic.

Emily made sure to reveal how much ammo that was left, though Lynch knew that they were going to "borrow" some more. Otto's credit card was snatched from the landlord, though Lynch would have to find out about the pin number to get a withdrawal. It was a thought for more preparation, as Lynch continued with his efforts at the laptop.

Emily Marsh told Lynch about Dolan Schaeffer, though from Emily's point-of-view, Lynch didn't seem to know about Schaeffer. Henry already had a tab up for Dolan Schaeffer, as the search results brought up a simple Wikipedia page and a website called "The Schaeffer Foundation". Lynch clicked on the "Schaeffer Foundation" website, bringing out a site that included an "About Me" section and a "Goals and Initiatives". The image of Schaeffer in his grey suit on the side of the website with a smug smirk made Marsh's blood boil.

"Dolan Schaeffer, hm.. Pompous looking imbecile. A tool is a better description. It says here that Schaeffer is a philanthropist." Lynch clicked around on the website, where he was reading the "About Me". The info concerned Marsh, as Lynch read for it, but she made sure to not get overwhelmed at what she was going up against. "..Upon coming across the conditions of Starkweather, Dolan Schaeffer sought to curb out the ruin that was harming the citizens of the city. While surveys have indicated that Starkweather has reached levels of crimes much higher than Baltimore, some experts have revealed a drop of crime from Schaeffer's efforts." Lynch read out loud, as he saw a list of charities that Dolan donated money towards.

"He must have the whole city at his hands from this power.. Could explain a bunch, but I would need to focus on the other subjects.." Lynch said, as he checked the "Goals and Initiatives". Sure enough, there was a page for Gladstone. Looks like the community's efforts to stop the construction of the supposed slaughterhouse. There were some images of the new building, but Lynch knew that some of the images looked suspect. A shine seemed to be added to give a gilded appearance. Lynch focused from the slaughterhouse in Gladstone, where he found Schaeffer's building in Starkweather. It was one of the tallest buildings in the city, which was within the upper side of the city. They knew where Schaeffer was, but there was going to be too much resistance to attack him directly.

Emily mentioned Louise Donovan to Lynch, causing him to make another tab on the screen. Lynch looked up the name, before he attempted to check a website of Starkweather's Police Department. "Something about that name sounds familiar.. I think a database might show me more.." Lynch checked for more info, where he backtracked, until he found an old article that mentioned corruption allegations against a certain police officer. Lynch strolled down, until he saw the photo of Donovan. Marsh couldn't identify Lynch's emotions, however he suddenly tightened the mouse in his hand, where the side of his smile twitched in an almost violent manner.

"I know her.."

Lynch mentioned to Marsh, as he was checking for more info on the cop. He checked the website for the police department, however he was only able to find the badge number SPD-115. "Oh.. I recognize that woman.. She was there, before the rest of the cops arrived. Tried to stop my heart with a taser. She even took away my special camera." Lynch was checking for more Donovan, looking for a lead. "Can't find an address.. Her badge number is all I can get for now."

Lynch looked up Judge Lucinda Grace Umbridge in the search results for the next tab, where he was immediately met with dozens of news articles condemning the judge herself. Henry concealed a groan of annoyance, since he knew too way about the judge of Starkweather. "Umbridge.. This is where she lives.. I hate this woman. I keep seeing her on the news with that condescending smile of hers. I heard what some of those Gen Z kids thought of her. A lolcow, they are saying?" Lynch gave a snide insult at Umbridge, where there was some irony with the statement, since Lynch didn't seem to be up-to-date on the popular trends. Possibly, Lynch might have grown up in a rural life similar to Marsh's, but he seemed more tech-savvy than he looked. Lynch took the effort to look for personal info on Umbridge, however he was only able to confirm that Umbridge lived in Starkweather.

“The WHITMANS,” she said out loud. “I’ll give you their full names. We can look them up. They live in Gladstone and they are clearly part of it. At trial, their little girl lied on the stand and said she saw me firing guns on the day of the Massacre… their parents testified to seeing Glenn and I having non-existent arguments. They were part of the effort to set me up.”

"Their daughter lied to get you in prison? A nasty bunch, I bet!" Henry knew that Emily was upset over the Whitmans, as he pulled up a tab for the Whitmans. He inputted info on the Whitmans that Marsh gave, however, the two of them saw something glaring that popped up on screen. A family obituary. Lynch clicked on the link, which brought up the obituary of the whole Whitman family. "When did this happen?" Lynch said, as he checked the date, allowing Marsh to read it. Marsh saw that it was shortly after she was given her verdict for an insanity plea. So the Whitmans were killed while Emily was imprisoned? Lynch strolled down, where he saw the cause of death. Auto accident? Lynch decided to look up more on the Whitmans, where he was able to find a news article that detailed their deaths in Gladstone.

"Emily.. I know you wanted to kill the Whitmans, but it looks like your town tried to do that job for you."

The article detailed how an angry mob was formed in front of the Whitman residence, since speculations arose that the reason for the Gladstone Massacre was due to a contract killing. The bias of the article, however, pointed out how the accusations were fake with no real "evidence". The Whitmans were lucky bastards, as they plowed their car into a crowd, before trying to drive off, killing a man. As the Whitmans tried to escape, they reportedly crashed into an unmanned RV that was left in the road. An incident blamed on a drunk driver who left his vehicle in the middle of the road. Lynch smelt a lie, so did Marsh.

"Schaeffer, Donovan, and Umbridge are the only public leads we have. I can construct a game plan tomorrow with the info that I could find." Lynch said to Marsh, as some thunder erupted outside of the apartment building. "It's late. I'll look for more information before I go rest." Lynch said, before he turned towards Emily. "It's best that you rest up for tomorrow." Henry gave a soft smile towards Emily. Then again, Lynch was right. It was late in the night. It was best to have a quick bite and sleep in the bed.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:11 am

Emily Marsh

While Lynch typed away and searched, Emily leaned over as she held her breath. This was important research; it was time to find out some of what was hidden away from her.

Emily shook with silent rage, as Lynch read away at the search results for Dolan Schaeffer.

I don’t believe this…

There was something insufferably vain in her mind for a person to have a website dedicated to themselves; she just couldn’t imagine doing something like that.

The word Philanthropy has been permanently mutilated. I can’t believe such hypocrisy exists.

She looked down briefly as she contained her blood-boiling rage. A few images flashed over her mind- Dolan leaving the town union meeting, giving her a bone-chilling parting smile… the mutilated corpses of Christian and Eleanor Highsmith at the tables against the idyllic countryside weather… flashbacks from the trial…

He should not profit while my family lies buried…

She shook her head, coming back to the moment.

“That tower,” Emily commented, looking at the picture of Schaeffer’s building. “It’s going to be a fortress, the amount of security… we’ve got our work cut out eh?”

She also considered the possibility that the millionaire could have many other properties throughout the Starkweather area.

After a long evening of research, Emily was a bit disappointed that they didn’t get any concrete addresses but then again, it couldn’t be that easy right? At the very least though, the Whitmans were off The List, someone had crossed them out for her. She’d make a note to investigate later.

"Schaeffer, Donovan, and Umbridge are the only public leads we have. I can construct a game plan tomorrow with the info that I could find." Lynch said to Marsh, as some thunder erupted outside of the apartment building. "It's late. I'll look for more information before I go rest." Lynch said, before he turned towards Emily. "It's best that you rest up for tomorrow." Henry gave a soft smile towards Emily. Then again, Lynch was right. It was late in the night. It was best to have a quick bite and sleep in the bed.

“You’re right,” she replied, smiling. “We should rest now. Thank you for being on my side.”

Emily was very glad to have Lynch’s support and understanding; they were even wronged by many of the same parties. Glenn and the others believed her but they were largely confined to the Dream World. In this realm though, Henry was the only one who believed her. It meant a great deal to her.

Slightly paranoid now, Emily walked over to check and test the locks on the front door; it was all secured now. In the event that they were attacked, the bed was at least close enough to the closet with the firearms.

Rest was what they needed now. It was important to stay well-rested and focused; it could be the difference between life and death. After the very eventful evening and having engaged and killed so many already, Emily herself was very much exhausted. After some prep, she slid into bed and inserted herself into the covers, hugging the pillow.

“You’re sure about this? The bed?” Emily asked, feeling somewhat bad at taking the bed. He seemed to be. She smiled.

The lights were switched off.

Despite the cracking sounds of the thunder outside, Emily felt at peace and for a very long time, quite happy. The project had begun and things were on the whole looking up; for the first time in what seemed to her like years, she slept outside of that dreadful asylum cell.

It wasn’t long before she drifted off into a blissful rest. A few hours later, she was back in the Dream World.

Emily wore a large brown coat, jeans and a pair of boots. She trekked across the muddy earth, admiring the coniferous trees on either side and the fields of multi-colored mushrooms. Somehow, several moons in the purple were in the sky tonight and they were blood red. She managed to cross a flowing river of crimson water by hopping over several large rocks. Then she made a few odd turns, following her intuition.

I’ve never explored this side before, I wonder where this goes.

She had always enjoyed hiking. Gladstone did have many hilly forests, and she remembered going on trails, both as a little girl and as an adult. The Dream World didn’t seem to have any animals this time, not even insects, amongst the plants; she might have expected some crickets chirping. But then again, was the Dream World supposed to mirror Gladstone? It seemed to follow its own ecosystem.

At long last, she saw it. A replica of her house, farmlands and everything situated amidst the forest.

Wow the crops… they… why, this seems to be a good harvest year!

As she walked past the cornfields and got to the house, she looked at the front door and the walls more closely. Many of the colors were switched completely or else applied with darker layers; still, structurally it was the same.

Fascinating…

Since the front door was unlocked, she was able to enter.

She couldn't WAIT to see them. Her husband Glenn, her children Marston and Annie, how proud would they be of her! Maybe the others too, her father Horace, her grandfather Arnold!

She rushed inside. There was... no one.

Wait.

Panic gripped her. Where... Where did they all go?

Her heart racing, she rushed all over the house, checking all the rooms, all the spaces, all the cupboards. It was her house, exactly as it looked except for the altered colours. Everything, the toys, the furniture, the supplies, the photos, everything was here. But not the people.

"Glenn?" she cried out. "Glenn where are you?"

Oh no. No no no... Not again. I need them to be with me. This- this is too soon!

"WHERE ARE YOU?!"

No reply. She looked all over the house, outside the house, throughout the forests. But they were all gone. Gone for now.

Returning to the house, she sat herself down on the sofa, looking devastated.

It's not FAIR! They were WITH ME back at the asylum. What- what's changed?!

Feeling wrecked inside, she stood up and walked over the window, peering out.

I've got to stay focused now. They'll be back I'm sure. First, first I must kill my enemies. All of my enemies. Yes, that is what I must do...

However, a part of her feared the worst. Glenn and the others had kept her through the asylum, allowed her to survive it with a sort of hope. What if that was all they were charged to do. To get her through that part of her journey? What if that was the limit of their contact? What if she could never-

She swallowed some tears.

I have to be strong. For their sake. I can't think about this for now. I have to focus on the project, the ultimate project.

Trying to distract herself from painful thoughts, Emily walked over to the desk, took out some papers, and began to brainstorm her plans and ideas for revenge. She began to recite the names on The List again. As she worked and worked, she promised herself that in no time at all, more and more names would be crossed off. She would see to it.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:15 pm

Henry Lynch

“You’re sure about this? The bed?” Emily asked, feeling somewhat bad at taking the bed. He seemed to be. She smiled.

"No worries, Marsh. The couch will give me comfort." Lynch said, as he turned off the bedroom light, putting the room in darkness, even after Emily turned off the lamp next to her. The only sounds that she could hear was the sounds of thunder and rain outside of the bedroom window.

There was a sense of peace, as Emily drifted off to sleep towards the Dream World.

Back at the living room, Lynch was looking up more information at the laptop. The search results were the same as before. Information on Dolan Schaeffer, Louise Donovan, and Judge Umbridge. It was some extra details, however, Lynch started to look up some details that he omitted from Marsh. A certain street and area that he was previously arrested at. A cheap store that sold costumes and masks, even clothes. Glancing at the bedroom door, Lynch made sure that Emily was still asleep, as he tried in a name.

> Emily Marsh

A set of search results came up. The top result was a Wikipedia article that covered the Gladstone massacre on Marsh's family. A massacre that was being listed as one of the worst mass shootings last year. Emily Marsh was given her own section of the wiki article, which listed a small biography of her. Her previous occupations and the events that led up to the shooting. Unsurprisingly, the article made no mention of Schaeffer being connected, though Lynch could sense some bias with whoever written it. With every detail of the shooting given to him in a false sense, he kept reading to his interest.

"..."

Guilherme Lupton

After what had happened at the Starkweather Correctional Facility, the prisoner that Emily spared had managed to get the hell out of that hellhole, before the SWAT arrived to clear the place out. Drenched in rain and shivering from the cold, he took a good walk with a couple of other inmates part of the prison gang that was associated with Lupton. "How much further? Shit.. It's so cold. My legs are going to give out." an inmate complained, as they were coming up upon some slums. It took a good hour to stay away from the sights of the cops and stay within the shadows. There was a phone booth nearby, as one of the prisoners used their handmade shiv to pick the lock of the coin deposit box to extract an extra quarter to help.

"Who are we calling? We need to take shelter and change our clothes, before any pigs show up.." someone asked, as the inmate that was spared by Marsh, used the phone. "I'm calling Lupton. He should know what to do."

He dialed his number, as he waited for a response. "Come on.. Pick up, boss.."
*click* "Hello? Who is this?"
"Lupton, is that you?"
"This is Lupton. I ask again. Who is this?"
"It's Hector. I'm Mateo's friend."
"Hector? Didn't Mateo say that you were arrested?"
"Boss, we just escaped hell. The whole prison is a mess. They shot up everyone.."

"Wait? You were there? Mi padre. How is my father? Did you get my father out of there?" Lupton said, as his voice took a serious tone. "Lupton.. Boss. We were betrayed by one of own.."
"My father, Hector! Is my father out of there?!"

Hector took a deep breath, as he let out a sigh. "No, Lupton. He's dead."
"What!?" Lupton yelled on his end, as he started cursing in the background. "Who killed him!? Are they dead?!"
"The man who betrayed your father is dead. We suspect that Cumberworth had paid him off somehow.."
"It can't be fucking Cumberworth! He wouldn't reach out to the warden to arrange a hit!"
"Boss, about that.."
"What?!"
"We came across the warden, before we escaped. Someone tore out her heart!"

"Hector, this isn't the time for horror stories!"
"Lupton, we're serious! The warden Kernan is dead! Someone cut open her chest and torn out her heart!"
Lupton didn't say a word, as he could be heard by Hector, speaking to someone on the other's end. "So the warden is dead? Do you know who killed her?"

Hector looked uneasy at the other inmates that kept watch outside of the phone booth, as he tried to explain to Lupton what happened. "There was this woman that attacked me and some others, before we got the chance to escape. She threatened to kill me, unless I gave her some intel on our escape route."
"A woman? You let one broad attack you and your allies, before you snitched your plan to her?"
"She killed two of us! She had a shotgun and was about to blow my head off! She wanted to know about some guy named Schaeffer?"

"Schaeffer? What the fuck did she want to know about Schaeffer?"
"I don't know anything about Schaeffer! Isn't he that rich guy with the snobbish attitude?"
"What did you tell her about Schaeffer? Did you not know anything about him?"
"No, Lupton! She thought we had something to do with him! That bitch was crazy!"
"Where are you now?"
"We just got back into the city. We're at the slums at the south of the city. You need to pick us up, before the cops get us!"

"Hector." Lupton's voice went stern, as he addressed Lupton. "I will send someone to get you, but you and I need to have a little talk about Cumberworth. I expect commitment that we kill our treacherous swine that has became a monster of his former self for his own needs and vices."
"How do you even know if he's around? He's probably already going at it as an usual night at the town."
"We will have him killed somehow, Hector.."

Lupton ended the call, as the inmates made sure to stay in the shadows, until a familiar car came by to pick them up to drop them off at a safehouse.

Dolan Schaeffer

"Well, this is a night full of fuck.."

Schaeffer was watching the news at his office, as CNN and FOX were tuned in on the prison riot at Starkweather Correctional Facility. It was looking to be a massive screw-up, due to the amount of SWAT needed and the rumors that are already been explained of prisoners having already escaped. Timothy Harrelson had walked into the office to check on Schaeffer, as the latter closed the door on him. "Timothy. You seeing this?" Dolan pointed at the TV screen on the wall, as Tim looked at it. "Isn't that our prison?"

"Look outside the window and tell me what do you see." Schaeffer ordered Harrelson, as the goon looked out of the window. It was still raining hard, but in the distance, Timothy could see the smoke and fire of the Starkweather Correctional Facility happening in the distance, like a glow of something unholy. "There is going to be a bad day for me tomorrow. I have to address this crap to the media and give this 'I didn't know this would happen' shit." Dolan complained, as Timothy was taking interest at a black and white picture of Dolan on the wall that was from an old party. "You want me and Pearson to do something about it?" Timothy asked him.

"It's hard to decide.. I hadn't gotten a word from Kernan, yet. She must have died from the riot. If so, I wouldn't have to worry about her. She knew too much. The media would have piled on her, when they discover the living conditions."
"Boss, this is going to sound strange, but you hadn't noticed anything strange lately at your penthouse, right?" Timothy asked Dolan, where an eyebrow was raised. "Strange? Like did someone break in?"
"No. When I mean strange. I mean seeing things that aren't supposed to be there."
"Jesus, Harrelson. If you were going to try some of the new drug, you should have told me first!"

"I hadn't been taking NXK. I think I'm seeing ghosts or some weird shit."

"Ghosts? Harrelson, you're lying to me. You did take drugs, didn't you?" Dolan immediately said to Timothy, as he gave a scorn at him. "I didn't take drugs, Boss! I'm sober as hell."
"Well, keep that ghost bullshit to yourself. You're tough. You think all of the sudden, some ghosts are coming out of nowhere and haunting MY place? You're becoming delusional like your brother." Dolan wanted to say more, but he pretty much told Timothy to fuck off for the night. "Leave. I'm going to call Nibert to have one of his men fill in an extra guy for tonight. Get your shit straighten out or I'm pulling you off from your duties with drug production." Dolan warned Timothy, as the businessman returned to watching the news, while Harrelson went out of the building.

Henry Lynch undressed himself, as he turned on the shower. Cold water fell onto his scarred body, as he checked the skincare products that were nearby. Something to use to stay fresh. He certainly hadn't been doing so. He was using cheap soap and hair lotion to wash out all of the dried blood off his body. Scars on his back and chest from a mysterious past.

To keep up the mood, he would start humming a tune.

Timothy Harrelson

The club music contrasted with a gloomy exterior, as Timothy Harrelson was at the bar, trying to brush off the events that occurred with the disastrous prison riot. Tim wanted to lay low at the Climax nightclub, where he took the habit of drinking several shots of straight whiskey to ease his worries. A bunch of morons dancing near him, as he was trying to let some alcohol dull his senses. It wasn't until he recognized a fellow drug dealer and pusher, who was selling to a couple a familiar set of pills and needles.

Tim knew the man. His nickname was Pluto. Timothy, Rick, and Vinnie knew him as one of the dealers assigned to sell the product to the masses. The special NXK mix was supposed to be distributed all across the city. With the amount of drug psychotics that had suddenly started to appear, he would believe it was due to NXK. Timothy waited until Pluto was finished with the deal, as Tim presented himself. "Pluto. I need to know how much of the drugs are sold." Tim asked him, as he made sure to intimidate him to hear some honesty. "Tim? The fuck are you doing here? I sold about half of what you gave me."

"Half? I can tell it's selling, but you managed to do half?"
"I set the prices a little high. Modest prices, I would say. A dealer got to has his fair share."

Timothy thought it over. "Fair enough. I do request a favor from you. You don't mention this to Pearson or Pabari. I need you to give me a certain type of painkillers. Strong stuff." Tim explained to Pluto. "What you need opioids for? The country is in an epidemic over that stuff." Timothy didn't respond, as he didn't want to reveal the cancer on his skin. "Can you get them? We give you drugs, but I know you have other sources that you being outsourced to." It was a vague threat, but it was working on Pluto.

"Fine, but you're giving me money. Getting drugs from me makes you a customer." Pluto said, acting condescending to Tim. "Fuck it. I give you money, but don't overprice me. I know the price of what I need."
"Hang on, because you go dance with some hipsters, I have a question. You're related to this guy with a bunch of trash bags on him? This creep with some addicts were prowling around. I recognize some of them as being some of the customers I sold some stuff to. You know that guy? I think I heard your name mentioned by him." Pluto asked him.

Timothy immediately denied it.

At his apartment, Timothy had finished sleeping with a hooker that he has been seeing for a while now. He gave her the price for her services, as he went to the bathroom to take a large pill of a painkiller with a glass of tap water. It wasn't until he noticed something odd with the mirror in his bathroom. There was some sort of smudge or blur that was centering around his face. He moved his head, as he saw that it was an irregularity with the mirror instead. Curious, he tapped at the smudge on the mirror.

There was the sound of his phone ringing, as he went back out to his bedroom to see who was calling. It was Pearson. Not a good sign. He answered the phone to see what he wanted. "Rick, what is it? I'm going to bed." Timothy asked him. "Harrelson. Dolan asked me if you were starting to take some of the product we were making?"
"I didn't, Pearson."
"What made Schaeffer thought you were taking drugs?"
"I told him I was seeing shit. I don't know what's causing it."
"You're not alone."

"What?" Timothy put himself in a propped up position on his bed. "Last night, I have been having some weird nightmares. Then my nephew said that he saw some woman in the bathroom. I thought he was talking about an intruder, but.." Pearson trailed off, but his tone of the voice was still the same. "I came to the conclusion that it was only my imagination. I'm not sure. I began sleeping with my gun at my side."

"Holy shit.."
"I can't do anything. I need to save up my cut. We need to increase production for the NXK. It will make Schaeffer happy."

Timothy rolled his eyes, but it was obvious what was going on. Something odd was going on. Timothy couldn't explain it. Dolan didn't believe him and assumed that he was high. Pearson might be having the same issues. He couldn't concentrate. He waited for the pill to kick in, as he laid with his head on the pillow.

Timothy checked the revolver, as he went towards the two large doors of the Starkweather Saint Judas Church in the middle of the pouring rain. He was given an assignment from Dolan Schaeffer. Joseph Schwab, the priest who was supposed to be involved with the drug operation, was reportingly trying to reveal confidential information towards the public. Schaeffer wanted Schwab whacked, so he had sent Harrelson over there to get the job done. Harrelson banged on the doors of the church, where there was no answer. Fuck it. He started to kick the door open, until there was a gap. "Schwab! We need to talk!" Timothy cocked the safety off, as he entered the church.

The inside of the church was almost dark, save for the stained glass windows that were being battered with rain from outside. Timothy squinted his eyes, where he saw Joseph Schwab standing at the pulpit. Not moving, just standing. Timothy kept the revolver hidden from view, as he started to approach Schwab. "Schwab. You and I need to have a little talk.." Timothy walked towards the pulpit, focusing on Schwab who had a dull and emotionless expression on his face. "Well? You want to say something?" Timothy asked him again. No response, as the priest stood apathic.

"Are you deaf now?" Tim yelled at him. There was still no response. "How about this?" Tim showed Joseph the revolver, but the priest would not react at all. Instead, he would just stare at him with empty eyes. "Just say something, come on!" Timothy wanted to coax a reaction from the priest, but something was wrong. Timothy didn't know what was happening, until he decided to sent two shots into Schwab's chest. There was brief moment, as two bullet holes were bleeding onto Schwab's robes, but there was still no reaction. The priest just stared at him, where Harrelson was confused.

"The fuck?"

Suddenly, Joseph raised his arm and pointed at Harrelson, his mouth completely open with a void inside of him, his eyes wide open with shrunken pupils, as Timothy heard screams. Screams in unison in a crescendo that nearly caused Tim to go deaf, where in a panicked rush, he shoot the priest again, emptying his chamber of the revolver. A stray bullet landed through Schwab's forehead, but he didn't fall to the ground. Instead, he raised his other arm, bringing them both to the sides, raised up. The screaming continued, where Timothy was about to get out, but something shadowy with red eyes was approaching him from behind with a long blade to slice-"

"FUCK!" Timothy immediately jolted awake, as he looked around his bedroom. His heart was pounding in the dark, where he got his gun out from the cabinet. Getting out of bed carefully, he started to look around his apartment, hitting the lights. Quiet and.. empty? Timothy made sure to check every possible hiding spot. There was nothing..

He went down to the bedroom, where he saw the time on the alarm clock. 3:00 A.M. It was only a nightmare. "...Damn it.." Timothy went into the bathroom to wash off quick. He turned on the sink, as he splashed some water onto his face. He looked up and nearly froze.

What the hell happened to his mirror? It was full of distortions and smudges. His reflection couldn't be seen. The rain was still pouring outside. Being on edge, Timothy made sure that he slept as peacefully as possible, even if he had a gun in his hands.

Lynch was standing at the end of the bed..

He softly growled, licking his lips with his tongue. The sight of Emily sleeping was enough to excite him. Behaving like a feral animal inspecting his prey, he slowly walked over to examine Emily, who was sleeping peacefully. Peacefully in that dream world of hers.

Yes.

She was perfect.

Different from the slabs of meat that were meant to be smothered and displayed on. Different from the pathetic worms that act like the real predators.

Emily continued to lay there on the bed peacefully, where Lynch let out another growl. There was perfection in front of him.

He knew what must be done.

Soon.

ACT II

Chapter 6: The Infested Grounds

The morning sun finally rose from the chaos, as the storm had died down for now, causing white clouds to be seen in the skies. Somewhere in a farmland not far from Starkweather, the Shaman stood in a trance of his own. Miraculously, he managed to wander out of the Starkweather Correctional Facility, even when the SWAT raid had claimed the lives of many inmates. He had remained in his psych ward outfit, as he was covered in soot and even dried blood. A large pyre of wood he had made, as he set it ablaze to mark the morning sun. Bathing himself with the glow of the orange sun that struggled to shine through the clouds. He stood back as he raised his arms to his sides in the air, as he started to chant.

"I ask that you spare me from this fate that you have brought down onto this heap of sin. I had done all that was meant to be for you. This world is black with hatred and the apathy by all around. O creator, I must ask why a demon would seek to corrupt the fallen angel, whose wings has been ripped from her? May you bring down the gates of the holy lands to send those who can cleanse others? Have I sinned too much to be given penance? I ask that you give salvation, but why must you be silent?!"

He waited for an answer. He watched the embers from the great fire he made swirl around in the wind. A wind that would be cool as ice, as the fire was dying down. Almost supernaturally, though a large breeze might be responsible. The Shaman didn't know if there was a sign. He wasn't going to let fate bring misfortunate onto the corrupt city.

Emily Marsh woke up in the bedroom. She was still adjusting from the dream that she had. Her own sanctuary in the Dream World. She was still in bed. There was no signs that anyone shared the bed with her. Lynch might have slept in the living room after all. The closet was open in the bedroom. Might have been him getting some clothes to wear. It wasn't until she heard something. It was a mixture of humming and.. whistling? Where was Lynch?

Emily got herself out from the bed, as she left the bedroom. She opened the door slowly, as she saw the handiwork of research that Lynch seemed to be doing. Several printed articles, maps, and even tidbits of information were on the desk. Information ready to be pin on the wall. Emily checked the couch. Strange? There was a pillow propped up, but it looked like he slept without a blanket or cloth? Especially after being drenched in all that rain.

Emily followed the humming and whistling to the kitchen, where she saw Lynch at the oven. He was frying some eggs on a pan, where there were two plates set up at the kitchen table. Almost like he sensed her presence, he turned around with a comforting smile. "You're just in time for breakfast, angel." Lynch said, as he was dressed up in some casual clothes. A plaid shirt and some blue denim jeans with a pair of black sneakers. The most glaring thing that he wore was a large white apron with the words "Kill The Cook" displayed. A souvenir by the late landlord for humor.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:05 am

Emily Marsh

When Emily awoke, she felt rather excited. It was time for a new life and this was day one of the campaign. If she played it right and she sensed that destiny was on her side, she could impact history, in a comparable way to individuals like Abraham Lincoln, Mother Teresa or Martin Luther King.

History in the making.

All of that righteous killing from the previous day had a peculiar effect on her. Aside from it feeling cathartic and right, she had experienced a tingling rush, a sort of excitement. She vaguely remembered a particular day in Gladstone when some older students had been granted special permission to bring some video games to school. There was a look on the children’s faces as they played gun-related games that seemed like a sort of manic excitement and thrill. In those days as a simple English teacher, she couldn't really understand it. But NOW, things had changed. Now Emily understood that she had tasted a variation of that now, except in the real world.

Emily was slightly surprised that Lynch had awoken first, but then again, she had truly exhausted herself the day before. In her previous life, she was always the early bird of the family. It was in part to prep the children and make breakfast but also it was a matter of habit and upbringing. That life seemed so far away now.

Emily followed the humming and whistling to the kitchen, where she saw Lynch at the oven. He was frying some eggs on a pan, where there were two plates set up at the kitchen table. Almost like he sensed her presence, he turned around with a comforting smile. "You're just in time for breakfast, angel." Lynch said, as he was dressed up in some casual clothes. A plaid shirt and some blue denim jeans with a pair of black sneakers. The most glaring thing that he wore was a large white apron with the words "Kill The Cook" displayed. A souvenir by the late landlord for humor.

“Morning Henry,” she said cheerfully. “Thanks for making breakfast I appreciate it. Give me a second while I set up. I’m going to need a shower as well, feel free to start without me.”

A warm water shower, essentially a non-existent luxury in the Correctional. Well, now that she thought about it, there was virtually no morning routine there. Things like brushing your teeth, taking a shower, mirror time, casual clothes… things she had previously taken for granted.

After a while, Emily stepped out and returned to the kitchen, feeling much more refreshed, almost as if purified by the water.

“Thanks again,” she said as she sat down, took a plate and helped herself. Not as much seasoning as she’d like but sometimes the natural style is the best. “Did you manage to sleep much last night? I hope it wasn’t too uncomfortable.”

Then she added firmly, “We’re switching tonight, it’s only Fair. And fairness is important right?”

She looked closely at him. “Now that we’re a team, we should have a system. We’ll keep switching between bed and couch. We both need to be at our 100 to do our best against our enemies. It won’t end so well if there’s an imbalance of any kind hmmm?”

Then she remembered, the research.

“So, I see that you’ve been busy doing some research, did you read up anything interesting?” she asked.

Walking over, she began to look over the information and the printouts, helping to put them on the wall in a useful order.

Over the night, Emily had given the list of targets some thought. It was really a matter of getting some addresses, or knowing where one of the public figures was going to be (Schaeffer was a philanthropist was he not? Wouldn’t he show up at key events?). Alternatively, perhaps they could instigate some kind of chaos or incident to draw out their enemies.

Going after the government-affiliated parties first (Donovan and Umbridge) carried both risks and rewards. It could help secure resources and information to track down the other people on The List. However, it could also bring a lot of heat on them. She wasn't really settled on that particular issue, the pros and cons would have to be weighed. At the same time though, Schaeffer and those 6 hitmen, they were like shadows and ghosts in fog of war; it was beyond infuriating.

The only advantage they had at present was that they were a hidden threat as well. No one knew of their plan. Even if her enemies became aware that she had escaped, it was unlikely they would figure out the extent of her determination to destroy them. Perhaps they believed she had been broken? It was too soon to say.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 am

Henry Lynch

Henry let Emily took a quick shower to freshen up from her experiences last night. The food that he gave Emily was decent, though there needed to be work on the seasoning. Henry noted that there was the lack of pepper for the eggs. Breakfast was eggs, bacon, and some toast. He set the plate of food on the table, as Emily sat down.

“Did you manage to sleep much last night? I hope it wasn’t too uncomfortable.”

Then she added firmly, “We’re switching tonight, it’s only Fair. And fairness is important right?”

"It was way better than a padded cell." Henry remarked, sitting down with a fork and knife. "We could attempt to share the bed, but I appreciate having a turn there. It only was our first night here. No need for any systems."

“So, I see that you’ve been busy doing some research, did you read up anything interesting?” she asked.

"Lots of information, but there is still info that's still in limbo somewhere. Not obtainable by the common web. No one corrupt enough would post their exploits onto the internet for others to look at and marvel." Henry explained, when Emily went over to the desk, looking over the stacks of printed papers and articles that Lynch had, before he invited her back to the table to eat breakfast. "There is something interesting at looking over a man who seemed to be an annoying thorn with tons of paper, who should have been spending it all on expensive booze and fast cars. Then again, Schaeffer might have been doing so, but every rich man has the same ideas when they end up becoming drags." Lynch said, cutting into a piece of egg, as he began to explain what he found.

"Here's what I could gather.."

"Dolan Schaeffer. Philanthropist for Starkweather. One might assume that he is some random rich guy who looks like a tool, who lives in one of the worst cities in the United States, but that isn't the case. While I was unable to officially find evidence, I do suspect that he is involved with corruption. I've examined some of his charities. Most are legit, but there are some within Starkweather that appear to be shell companies. Not only that, but Schaeffer seems to have donations going towards several members of Congress and even to the media. Some of these politicians he donated to, have previous incidents of corruption. Maryland is still far away from Washington D.C, but not only does he possibly have an iron fist over this city, but he has heavy political ties. This is someone who knows what he is doing."

"His location is obvious. He lives in his own private penthouse in one of the tallest buildings in the city. We could go straight there to kill him, but we have a problem. If he has connections, there are the chances that said connections are going to do anything they can to kill us. The only way we can kill him is if we cripple him in some way to weaken him to the bone. If Starkweather is his base of operations, then we don't have to worry about the apple falling far from the tree. We will need to find more information about the people who killed your family. You did mention that some of Schaeffer's bodyguards were involved, but there seems to be no identification on them. I did find a picture of Schaeffer in the midst of Gladstone during a meeting, but no face was shown. Schaeffer only uses the lift of a thumb to send people to do his dirty work, who happen to be responsible. Luckily, we have our first main target in mind."

"Our first target is Louise Donovan. For the both of us, she has been involved with our imprisonment. We both know she's a corrupt cop where I have articles of allegations to prove it. It will be hard to track her down, since her information is confidential, due to her role as a high-ranking officer of the law. We will kill her. No matter what. To set an example."

"There's something to mention. We both also want to kill Judge Umbridge, but there is a major problem. Turns out everyone seems to want Umbridge dead. Like...everyone. I'm not joking about that. While you were in prison, Umbridge came under fire for several controversies, which led to a reported assassination attempt a few months ago. As a result, there has been calls from the public to issue her removal and possible review of past cases under her wings. The problem is that I found an invisible footprint from Umbridge that links back to Schaeffer. Turns out while he was funding the police, some of those funds were going to other government branches in the city. A trail that led from Schaeffer, to the police, then to the courthouse, where after some deduction, led to Umbridge. Schaeffer, of course, has his chains on Umbridge, but the real problem is that we are unable to kill her. Due to the heat she is getting, there is mention in the news that the feds are investigating her behavior. If we kill her, the feds will immediately be breathing down our necks, where a certain someone will use his power to secure one of your fancy witness protection deals.." Lynch knew who he was referring to. Knowing Schaeffer's mentioned political ties, he might have the charisma to enter a plea deal, then get shipped somewhere to Fiji for the rest of his life.

"Here is the leads that I have. Personal leads. I mentioned I have reasons to believe that I was set up under nefarious circumstances. The place that I was arrested at was a seedy area in the city. Last time I was there, there were some guy forcing two bums to fight each other for a dollar, along with a bunch of brothels. There was even a playground nearby.. Bizarre, indeed. I would like to go there, since my vehicle was stolen from there. I would like to pay a visit to a man who I think was involved in my arrest, if the crime scene isn't restricted."

"Another lead that I have is the docks. I was scouting it out before I was arrested, but I have reason to suspect that I might have been snooping on some turf that is being owned by someone who was willing to silence me. We will go through soon."

"My top priority is finding some belongings of mine that were taken from me. Now only my truck, but my camera as well. If we kill Donovan, we might snatch some identification that could get us access to which the police might have the latter."

"The game plan for today is simple. We just got out of prison, but I want to take the opportunity to do a practice run. Before we do that, we need to get a more comfortable and suitable pair of clothes for ourselves. Along with something suitable for you, my dear. The prison riot caused many inmates to escape. The police are going to think that you're possibly dead for now, until they learn that your body wasn't among those killed. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but when word gets out that there are two murderers out in the open, then the police are willing to do anything to get us to save face. It was another reason why I picked this quiet district of the city. There is a store that I want to go to, where I can help you decide on how to make yourself look... more determined."

"So we go shopping a bit at some stores, go hunting at where I was arrested, then we get as much info as we can to find those also responsible for your arrest. A hell of a scheme, but it's better or not."

Lynch finished his breakfast, having eaten it while explaining their plan. "We have the synergy we need to take them down. It is possible to kill everyone of Schaeffer's associates, but that takes too much time and a lot of patience. We both have different reasons on killing Schaeffer, but we can't afford to let him win, not with a glass half full..

He needs to be painted red."
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:54 am

Emily Marsh

Emily had always known that Schaeffer was a wealthy philanthropist with access to enormous resources. Rich people sometimes had political connections. However, the confirmation that the entire city and possibly more was under his iron fist brought a whole new layer of complexity to their problem. She had previously assumed that Schaeffer was mostly a municipal level gangster, but now the game has just gotten considerably bigger.

So this corruption reaches to even parts of the halls of DC. How much further, I wonder. Parts of the FBI? The military? The President? Is there any part of this land that's untainted? How far do the shadows reach?

In any event, she agreed with Lynch. They were going to have be calculated in their plan, a lot more calculated. One wrong move, and they could easily trigger elements in the state machinery.

Lynch: "Our first target is Louise Donovan. For the both of us, she has been involved with our imprisonment. We both know she's a corrupt cop where I have articles of allegations to prove it. It will be hard to track her down, since her information is confidential, due to her role as a high-ranking officer of the law. We will kill her. No matter what. To set an example."

Her blood boiled at the name. Not many days have passed during Emily’s incarceration when she hadn’t thought of killing that smug police officer. Donovan may not be the highest on the conspiracy, but her role in Emily’s mess felt deeply personal. The personal arrest, the provocative interrogation, the creation of the false audio evidence, the trial. There was something especially jarring to Emily when one woman in a position of social responsibility chose to hurt instead of help another innocent woman.

“I agree,” she said. “It makes sense. She’s a member of the police, we might be able to gain some resources and intel from her as well before we execute her. And it WOULD send a message.”

Lynch: "There's something to mention. We both also want to kill Judge Umbridge, but there is a major problem. Turns out everyone seems to want Umbridge dead. Like...everyone. I'm not joking about that. While you were in prison, Umbridge came under fire for several controversies, which led to a reported assassination attempt a few months ago. As a result, there has been calls from the public to issue her removal and possible review of past cases under her wings. The problem is that I found an invisible footprint from Umbridge that links back to Schaeffer. Turns out while he was funding the police, some of those funds were going to other government branches in the city. A trail that led from Schaeffer, to the police, then to the courthouse, where after some deduction, led to Umbridge. Schaeffer, of course, has his chains on Umbridge, but the real problem is that we are unable to kill her. Due to the heat she is getting, there is mention in the news that the feds are investigating her behavior. If we kill her, the feds will immediately be breathing down our necks, where a certain someone will use his power to secure one of your fancy witness protection deals.." Lynch knew who he was referring to. Knowing Schaeffer's mentioned political ties, he might have the charisma to enter a plea deal, then get shipped somewhere to Fiji for the rest of his life.

Emily wasn’t happy about that and her face visibly soured. Nevertheless, she couldn’t argue with the logic. Risking to antagonize the police force was one thing but the FBI was a whole new different ball game.

“Alright then,” she said sullenly. “I suppose you are right. We’ll… we’ll leave Umbridge off for now. At least until this complication with the feds dies down.”

She consoled herself a bit. “Well… who knows, as you say lots of people want that judge dead. Maybe someone will get to her before we do, save us some work. So then how do we find Donovan?”

Lynch: "The game plan for today is simple. We just got out of prison, but I want to take the opportunity to do a practice run. Before we do that, we need to get a more comfortable and suitable pair of clothes for ourselves. Along with something suitable for you, my dear. The prison riot caused many inmates to escape. The police are going to think that you're possibly dead for now, until they learn that your body wasn't among those killed. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but when word gets out that there are two murderers out in the open, then the police are willing to do anything to get us to save face. It was another reason why I picked this quiet district of the city. There is a store that I want to go to, where I can help you decide on how to make yourself look... more determined."

"So we go shopping a bit at some stores, go hunting at where I was arrested, then we get as much info as we can to find those also responsible for your arrest. A hell of a scheme, but it's better or not."

It was critical to have someone like Lynch in her corner. Being a Gladstone woman, Marsh didn’t know the city at all. Lynch seemed to have a few leads based in Starkweather; it wasn’t much but they needed a starting point.

Emily listened to Henry’s plan for the day intently. It was all starting to sound really exciting; she had been inside the walls for too long. It was time to explore again.

“Alright then,” she said. “I like it. Let’s do it.”

Lynch finished his breakfast, having eaten it while explaining their plan. We have the synergy we need to take them down. It is possible to kill everyone of Schaeffer's associates, but that takes too much time and a lot of patience. We both have different reasons on killing Schaeffer, but we can't afford to let him win, not with a glass half full..

He needs to be painted red."

“I agree with you,” she said. “I definitely agree. Red has always been one of my favourite colours. We will make one hell of a team.”

After finishing off the breakfast, Emily helped with the clearing up. Then she prepared for the trip outside.

She kept the green T-shirt. However, she switched to jeans for the outdoors, opting for laced boots for ease of mobility. She put on the prison guard’s belt (it was great for carrying the ammo pouch and holstering the revolver). In order to obscure the weapon, she put on a dark blue raincoat with conveniently long downward edges and zipped up.

She found a travel bag and put some knives and tools inside. As for the shotgun, she emptied out a fishing rod case and stuck the large weapon inside. It would draw less attention than carrying the large firearm in broad daylight. "If anyone asks, we are a couple going for a fishing trip I guess."

“This is going to be a fun day,” she said sincerely. For a long time actually looking forward to the day’s events. This day, unlike so many before it, would actually have colour. There was nothing quite like the feeling of having a goal and working towards it. She hadn’t felt this great in a long time. All of her previous goals in life had been destroyed and erased. She had tried to be a great teacher, a great wife, and a great mother.

Now, I will be a great destroyer. A harbinger of a new order of justice. It is time.

“Alright then,” she said. “Let’s get going then. I do look forward to the shopping although… do we have any money?”

That was going to be a problem sooner or later. They could only steal and borrow supplies for so long. It would be good to have economic resources. Still, they were only in this position because the enemy forced them to be here. These were desperate times. So if they had to do some stealing, then it was at least justifiable since it was all for a greater good.

While some principles are consistent. Some ethics are situational.

The laptop and the charger were brought along as well. Internet wasn’t readily accessible these days, but you never knew when a computer would come in handy.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:27 pm

Henry Lynch

“Well… who knows, as you say lots of people want that judge dead. Maybe someone will get to her before we do, save us some work. So then how do we find Donovan?”

"Like I said. Her info is private. We can't expect to find her by pure coincidence. Going into a police station that's currently on high alert from the prison riot isn't going to help. She might have a place she resides at, most likely to conduct private matters." Lynch said, where while he was unsure on how to find the corrupt officer, he already laid out the plans for her demise.

After breakfast, Lynch simply took off his apron, where he picked himself a good knife to carry. Not a large butcher knife, but a thin one that was still good to conceal. It was a fillet knife that Lynch knew would get the job done. Emily also put some knives in her bag, but Henry needed his own for the road. Rather than a holster, he grabbed a large dull blue jacket, slipping his knife into the pocket, jabbing a hole in the pocket to act as a makeshift holster. Another pair of boots was what Lynch needed.

"If things go south, I'll explain that we're on a hunting trip, too." Lynch grinned at the comment he made, as the both left the apartment. He made sure to show Emily the credit card and couple of bucks that he snagged from Otto's corpse last day.

Walking out of the door, the two were heading down the stairs, where the chatter of a couple could be heard in the lobby. Lynch immediately kept his mouth shut, along with making sure Emily didn't act suspicious, when they exited the apartment building through the lobby. The couple were both of dark skin, where they were bickering on the whereabouts of a missing landlord.

"This is bullshit. I'm supposed to pay that asshole the rent and he doesn't even show up." the man said, oblivious to what happened to Otto. "Hon, we could wait in the afternoon. That's when he be at." the woman said, most likely the girlfriend of the man. "Well, shit. Place be worst than Florida. I was in Cabrini-Green to prove that last time." For the couple, they didn't seem to notice or ask questions to both Lynch or Emily.

Outside of the apartment, Lynch pulled out some car keys, checking for the car of Otto. The rain had stopped for now, but it was bound to rain again tonight. The red sports car of the late warden was getting the interest of some street thugs in the alley by the apartment. In the early morning, some vagrant or two took a piss at the wheels, where a tagger left their signature in stray paint on the passenger seat door.

Otto's car was a boring grey car with the same amount of seats as Judith's car. Lynch made sure it was the right car, pressing on the car keys to hear that beep. "We can't risk the warden's car. Stands out like a sore thumb." Lynch explained to Marsh, turning the ignition, before setting off into the more busy parts of the city.

"Before we start our revelation onto this city, a rebirth is needed, my dear." Lynch said, where he pulled up to the first destination of the day. Emily looked outside in surprise. It was a warehouse-like store that looked decrepit, but there were people coming in and out. Looks sketchy, but Lynch further explained. "What you need is a new persona. Going back to what I said back at the Correctional Facility. One of the people I met who felt the same way as you had chose to wear something that made him stand out, but was enough to become the last thing many people saw. He wore a mask. Sure enough, he was shot in the jaw, burned, and battered.. But, what I'm trying to say is a rebirth is needed for you. You are still beautiful, but you need something to show your inner self to those who wronged you. I don't need a simple mask, but you... you will." Lynch explained to Emily Marsh, letting her out of the car.

The store was called "Impress and Make-Believe", judging from the sign in outdated font. There was an orange banner at the bottom of the sign that read, "Late Halloween Special!", with some art that was clearly taken from the internet. A bunch of stickers on the windows showed all kind of deals and discounts. Tempting, but Lynch had something else in mine.

"We're not robbing this place. We're here to be better suited for the hunt." Lynch remarked, entering the store with Emily. Inside, there were rows of old costumes, clothing, and the like. Some other people were there, but they didn't seem to care or pay attention to Lynch or Marsh. There were already some interesting looking outfits and masks that stood out for Emily. There was some masks around, where nearby were some hoodie jackets.

"Lots of options, but I would recommend something to get that will really strike fear into people. Something for them to wonder you by, before it's the end for them.." Lynch gave more advice, where he was eyeing a black leather jacket that, while looked cheap, could be patched up for himself. For Emily Marsh, she was given many options to change her identity into the killer she was meant to be.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:13 am

Emily Marsh

As Emily walked out of the apartment, her eyes watched observingly, taking into account her surroundings and the paths. Somehow, ever since her transformation at the asylum, she had started to gain and develop an improved instinct to observe, factor in, and subconsciously remember her surroundings. This was in addition to her increased ruthlessness and calculation in fights. She didn’t fully understand the full extents of these changes herself.

Walking out of the door, the two were heading down the stairs, where the chatter of a couple could be heard in the lobby. Lynch immediately kept his mouth shut, along with making sure Emily didn't act suspicious, when they exited the apartment building through the lobby. The couple were both of dark skin, where they were bickering on the whereabouts of a missing landlord.

"This is bullshit. I'm supposed to pay that asshole the rent and he doesn't even show up." the man said, oblivious to what happened to Otto. "Hon, we could wait in the afternoon. That's when he be at." the woman said, most likely the girlfriend of the man. "Well, shit. Place be worst than Florida. I was in Cabrini-Green to prove that last time." For the couple, they didn't seem to notice or ask questions to both Lynch or Emily.

So there’s no general awareness regarding the landlord. Best that things stay that way for now.

How long could they keep this covered up though?

Outside of the apartment, Lynch pulled out some car keys, checking for the car of Otto. The rain had stopped for now, but it was bound to rain again tonight. The red sports car of the late warden was getting the interest of some street thugs in the alley by the apartment. In the early morning, some vagrant or two took a piss at the wheels, where a tagger left their signature in stray paint on the passenger seat door.

Otto's car was a boring grey car with the same amount of seats as Judith's car. Lynch made sure it was the right car, pressing on the car keys to hear that beep. "We can't risk the warden's car. Stands out like a sore thumb." Lynch explained to Marsh, turning the ignition, before setting off into the more busy parts of the city.

“Agreed,” Emily replied. Her instincts were the same. It was best not to draw attention. When she saw the sport car, she was briefly reminded of Glenn; there was a phase during their dating when he was into cars though it didn’t last long.

The vandalism to that car. We truly live among devils now.

As they hit the road, Emily looked around, eagerly soaking in this new neighborhood they were in. It was finally time to see the world again and bring some reality to her long-awaited project. And what did he mean by shopping? She liked surprises.

"Before we start our revelation onto this city, a rebirth is needed, my dear." Lynch said, where he pulled up to the first destination of the day. Emily looked outside in surprise. It was a warehouse-like store that looked decrepit, but there were people coming in and out. Looks sketchy, but Lynch further explained. "What you need is a new persona. Going back to what I said back at the Correctional Facility. One of the people I met who felt the same way as you had chose to wear something that made him stand out, but was enough to become the last thing many people saw. He wore a mask. Sure enough, he was shot in the jaw, burned, and battered.. But, what I'm trying to say is a rebirth is needed for you. You are still beautiful, but you need something to show your inner self to those who wronged you. I don't need a simple mask, but you... you will." Lynch explained to Emily Marsh, letting her out of the car.

The store was called "Impress and Make-Believe", judging from the sign in outdated font. There was an orange banner at the bottom of the sign that read, "Late Halloween Special!", with some art that was clearly taken from the internet. A bunch of stickers on the windows showed all kind of deals and discounts. Tempting, but Lynch had something else in mine.

"We're not robbing this place. We're here to be better suited for the hunt." Lynch remarked, entering the store with Emily. Inside, there were rows of old costumes, clothing, and the like. Some other people were there, but they didn't seem to care or pay attention to Lynch or Marsh. There were already some interesting looking outfits and masks that stood out for Emily. There was some masks around, where nearby were some hoodie jackets.

"Lots of options, but I would recommend something to get that will really strike fear into people. Something for them to wonder you by, before it's the end for them.." Lynch gave more advice, where he was eyeing a black leather jacket that, while looked cheap, could be patched up for himself. For Emily Marsh, she was given many options to change her identity into the killer she was meant to be.

A mask eh? Interesting.

Emily looked around. It was true, she had undergone such a radical transformation. It made sense to embrace her new justice-bringing persona. Furthermore, there were many advantages in keeping her identity a secret.

“A costume can be used to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies,” she said out loud, slightly wide-eyed and looking around. “It is a brilliant idea. I have become so much more than I once was. A new outfit would help me channel my energy.”

While Lynch was eying the jacket, Emily looked around, her demeanor not unlike that of an older teenage girl checking out a shop for a Halloween outfit.

As for a new alias… hmmm… Lady Justice? Too trite. Red Vengeance? Hmmmm… I don’t think I can take that seriously.

Whatever alias she chose, it felt right that it should reflect a part of her identity and interests. She was once an English teacher and in college she had a great interest in stories, fables, and novels of old. So perhaps something from literature or mythology… Ideally she’d need a name to reflect the greatness and historical centrality of her new project.

“Artemis,” she suddenly said out loud. “What do you think about that? My new name, it should be Artemis.”

The more she thought about it, the better it sounded. This was a war and a crusade but more and more, it was starting to resemble a hunt.

“I am a hunter now, a hunter against the forces of evil,” she suddenly said out loud, pacing slightly as if calculating. “I want to be the best hunter there is. Artemis is the goddess of the hunt. The ancient Greeks hunted stags and boars; I will hunt down the evildoers.”

It was bold and audacious, but deliciously so, to take on the mantle and persona inspired by a goddess of western civilization.

She began to look around for a suitable mask. Lots of masks hung from the walls with the price tags still on. There were many latex monster masks but she wasn’t a fan of the texture of latex; in any event, it wouldn’t really go with the Artemis moniker. There were rows and rows of plastic masks as well but the designs were light-hearted and comical. She tried a few of the masks but didn’t quite like them (thankfully there was a mirror nearby for her to look).

This will not do. This is serious work.

She decided to look inside the various boxes throughout the shop as well. It seemed that they were filled with higher quality merchandise and yes, some of them were masks too.

“Check this out,” she said, discovering a few boxes filled with animal masks. They were similar to the ones worn by those thugs back at the asylum, except of higher quality. She held up one of the tiger ones. “Doesn’t this remind of you those goons back at the asylum. Did you ever meet them again? What became of them?”

She searched some more and then found something that really caught her eye. A rectangular case filled with a collection of carnival masks with straps; the animal they seemed to be based on was…

The wolf. Interesting.

To another person’s eye it might be mistaken for a dog or a cat but Emily recognized the design; it fit with the depiction of werewolves from several early polytheistic traditions.

The masks were variously painted gold, bronze, black and silver; each mask was large enough to cover most of the face. The craftsmanship was so ornate and that at first she thought the masks were made of metal. But in fact; they were made of high-quality wood.

Really intrigued now, she picked up a black mask from the set and tried it on. The eye holes provided visibility and it fit her well; disguising almost the entirety of her face (her eyes were visible, and her brown hair mixed well with the design). She turned and saw herself in the mirror. She looked… a bit like a wolf demon or spirit?

“How does this look?” she asked, turning around. “The craftsmanship is quite something.”

After looking around a bit further, she decided that this was it. “I think I’m going to go with the wolf design. I’ll take the whole case; I could switch the masks up and it will be good to have back up ones should a few break.”

Since they could carry whatever they wanted back to the car, she might as pick up a few extra masks. In addition to the set of wolf masks, she also forced herself to pick a few clown and monster masks. There were some strings, craft materials, scissors and stationaries in the back. She decided to take some with them as well.

Some of these straps could use some reinforcing.

She rather liked her current outfit, with the blue raincoat and the jeans but she decided to pick a variety of clothes from the store.

She had a very enjoyable time at the store and they stayed there rather longer than necessary. There was a changing room in the back and she used it to try out many coats, tops, and trousers. Her overall preferred style was in keeping with her sensibilities as a Gladstone farmgirl. Nevertheless, once or twice, she decided she liked some of the silky dresses of green, red and blue as well. The list of clothes to take back to the car began to grow.

“The mask stays on,” she said at length. “At least when we’re hunting. But for the clothes, I think a bit of flexibility is good.”

She rather liked the contrast between the normal clothes and the supernatural feel of the mask.

She eventually picked out about a dozen or more. Variously buttoned shirts, coats, hooded jackets, jeans of various colors, and dresses. For shoes she largely stuck to boots; she managed to pick out a few pairs. However, she picked up a few heels as well in case they’d need to disguise themselves in a socialite party context (no one would wear boots to such things).

“Well,” she said, clapping her hands after a few trips back to the car to load things up. “This has been unironically a very productive morning.”

For now, she switched her dark blue raincoat to a green one of similar length. Inside, she changed to a burgundy-colored long-sleeved shirt while keeping the guard’s handy belt. She helped herself to a new set of blue-green jeans and the new pair of boots she had on was an upgraded black set almost resembling combat boots. She turned and looked at herself in the mirror, just as she slipped on the new black wolf mask.

“I feel very much… reborn.”

She turned and looked at her ally, filled with gratitude. “Thank you for helping me reach this transformative moment.”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed May 11, 2022 12:13 am

Henry Lynch

Lynch didn't seem to react drastically, when Emily was going through the transformative moment. For her, it was a moment of clarity and rebirth. Her loud words did attract some unwanted attention from some random browsers, but none of them recognized her and assumed she was just another drug addict wandering around the city. Sure enough, Lynch was intrigued with the name choice for Artemis.

“Artemis,” she suddenly said out loud. “What do you think about that? My new name, it should be Artemis.”

"I know my fair share of mythology. It's different than a name, such as Nemesis, but the name of Artemis should sound fitting. After all, this shall be a hunt. It doesn't matter if it's a forest or not, it's the prey that matters.." Lynch mused, where he was checking the black leather jacket, feeling the material to make sure it was actual black leather. He was checking the price tag for further details.

After looking around a bit further, she decided that this was it. “I think I’m going to go with the wolf design. I’ll take the whole case; I could switch the masks up and it will be good to have back up ones should a few break.”

"You be surprised at how long a mask can last. One mask can do, but if we wish to toy with our enemies far above, it's best to remember that our mark stays. I'm in no need of a mask. There is no point to hide myself, when I can make myself crystal clear in a timeless form." Lynch continued to monolog, trying on the jacket, before he was checking some other clothing with Emily in tow. However, he was admiring something that would seal the deal for her, as she was embracing her new identity.

“I feel very much… reborn.”

She turned and looked at her ally, filled with gratitude. “Thank you for helping me reach this transformative moment.”

"It has been a pleasure, my dear." Lynch gave a smile, where he got his own set of clothing to his own use. Emily could look to see the things that he brought with interest. A brown casual jacket, a tattered red raincoat that looked more like a cloak, and.. was that clown makeup? He saw a sealed costume package for a clown outfit, which he took as well, along with the leather jacket. "Now, something's missing. I don't see anything else, but- Ah, there we go..!" Lynch briefly took his interest to a table that had glasses on display. Taking his time, he wore each of the glasses, before he found a suitable pair.

"Now, this will do me good, until I can get myself a more fancier pair outside of the city." Lynch said, where he was wearing some glasses, which unbeknownst to Marsh, were almost the same type of glasses he had on him when he was dragged to prison. There was something oddly comforting to see the man with glasses. He looked more fatherly, almost. He looked more like a nerd or some 50s or 60s star, but he seemed more perfectly comfortable.

At the check-out station, where some previously bored clerk was keeping an eye on them, until Lynch gave the man the credit card stolen from Otto. "What are you two even going to be using this for? Are you druggies or cosplayers? I could hear you two going into your dramatic speeches from across the way." the clerk said, not recognizing Lynch or Marsh.

"We're having a play and a performance being set up in the city. It's meant to be a mesmerizing experience for the two of us, along with some others.."
"So what? It's some hippie-dippie artsy bullshit or supposed to be free dance therapy, prancing around in random crap?" the clerk said, not noticing Lynch's or Marsh's sinister intentions. "So that will be like 100 dollars. You need a receipt?"
"Most likely, we will need bags, though."

Both Emily Marsh and Henry Lynch came out of the clothing store with bags in tow. Lynch helped hid the clothes in the back of the car, before they got in. "We're not done for the day. We still have some things that need to be done. I like to call it practice." Lynch explained, the glasses that he bought on his face, where he started the car.

"Like I mentioned, we don't have any obvious leads on the whereabouts of the swine that put us into a downward spiral, but I must return to where I was arrested. You should get some weapons ready, because we are going to be descending onto these infested grounds.." Lynch said, as he drove the car further into the city.

"Here we are! I'm already seeing some familiar territory. Emily, welcome to Ludwig Square." Lynch mused, once him and Marsh stepped out of the car. Ludwig Square already showed off a major red light district for Marsh. Not only did it look like a red light district full of sluts and whores, but there was already bands of homeless roaming across.

All of this... misery. Marsh was trying to grasp how much of the city had became a lost cause.

Of course, there were tons of brothels and prostitutes, but there were other things that made Ludwig Square look like straight up hell. There was a playground nearby that Marsh can see. One that could remind her of how she used to teach kids. Why was it next to all of...this? Lynch mentioned the playground earlier, but why here? Did this place used to be a quiet neighborhood?

"Take a good look. It's a surprise that it didn't take shorter for me to get caught. The cops never come here.. Which is why I believed I was set up. Take a look around you, Emily. Look at all of this scum. These parasites festering around.. There is so much, we can't fight all of it." Lynch explained to Marsh. Lynch was kind enough to offer the examples of all the random nonsensical crime that was happening:

- In front of a pawn shop, there were three random men that were already wearing ski mask, each of a different color, before they all go in at once. An obvious robbery. No one seems to care to stop them. However, it's likely because they have guns.

- Across the way, there was some smug asshole rallying up two homeless men. He had a phone out, filming the two, while he had a five dollar bill in another hand. Before Emily can wonder what he was doing, the two homeless men started to fight each other. Not simple wrestling, but it looked like it was to the death! This scumbag was filming these two hobos fighting each other for internet clout? Would the internet even allow that content now? What was happening in the world?

- An angry yell was heard that broke Emily's concertation. There was a prostitute who was being rough housed by her pimp. A gangster type figure. Most likely having connections with a street gang. "You think of trying to fucking quit on me, so you can go waste my money on fucking college?! You're a two-faced spank!" the pimp aggressively slapped the prostitute. It was obvious that the frail woman was being abused by her pimp.

- Nearby, a hooded man with a baseball bat was smashing out a newspaper dispenser. It was all happening directly next to Lynch and Emily, where even the man, who was taking all the newspapers out of the wrecked dispenser, did little but show an apathetic shrug.

- Lynch immediately tapped Marsh's shoulder, where he pointed at a grey building across the street. It had closed bars beyond the windows, where in front of the building, a young woman was being forced out of a van and into the building. The exterior of the building made it out to be another brothel, but there was a suspicious padlock that was being unlocked and relocked when the woman was inside. "I know those tell-tale signs. That woman is being trafficked." Lynch explained, where a beefy man stood in guard of the door.

- Lynch was about to say something else, but he saw something that was forcing his grin. There was a man that pulled up next to the playground, where both Lynch and Marsh can see him from the open window on the other side of his car. The driver was.. Why does he have binocula- A pedophile!?

"We can't get rid of all of them. What we intend to do will already send reverberations. Consider this some practice and a fun experiment. You pick out two situations to deal with, while I have a small chat with the manager of the brothel I was arrested at. If it helps, I can deal with the bitch in the car. You tell me which you're choosing first, then we can go on with the game plan." Lynch said, as the brothel "Lusty Links" was Lynch's destination to have a "little chat" with the owner before he could help Marsh kill someone else.

"This will be the beginning of your hunt, Artemis." Lynch addressed her in her new persona. Fitting, seeing how he chose this hunting ground for her to start. "Pick two, then I will decide which will be best for myself." Lynch said, where Artemis can see a knife that was hidden in Lynch's shirt.

It was a simple set of choices, but Artemis needed to follow her heart for this one.. If she needed to start her revelation, she must decide. She couldn't save or stop everyone here.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu May 12, 2022 6:50 am

Emily Marsh

Lynch:"We're having a play and a performance being set up in the city. It's meant to be a mesmerizing experience for the two of us, along with some others.."

As Henry talked to the store clerk, Emily said nothing except smile mischievously on the side. She hadn’t had this much fun in a while and now she was feeling many many years younger.

"What are you two even going to be using this for? Are you druggies or cosplayers? I could hear you two going into your dramatic speeches from across the way." the clerk said, not recognizing Lynch or Marsh. … "So what? It's some hippie-dippie artsy bullshit or supposed to be free dance therapy, prancing around in random crap?... So that will be like 100 dollars. You need a receipt?"

She watched the store owner and smiled sagely.

Ah, one of those unimaginative ones.

She felt a slight dislike for the owner because she’d always encouraged her students to think outside of the box and to entertain their artistic fancies. However, as a proper Gladstone girl she must not forget her manners.

“Have a good rest of the day mister,” she said to him before leaving with Henry and helping with the bags, perhaps smiling a little too much.

Emily felt complete. She knew who she was, and now she even had the clothes to express herself. It was time to begin the ultimate project.

Lynch: ”We're not done for the day. We still have some things that need to be done. I like to call it practice. Like I mentioned, we don't have any obvious leads on the whereabouts of the swine that put us into a downward spiral, but I must return to where I was arrested. You should get some weapons ready, because we are going to be descending onto these infested grounds..”

“I do like the sound of that,” Emily said, and she began to check her revolver and the rounds.

The shotgun was ready to fire too but it was a bit tricky to conceal, and carrying it outside of the car could draw unwarranted attention. She decided it would stay in the car for now unless excessive firepower was needed; for now she kept it near the edge of the passenger seat JUST out of view but within quick reach.

“I can’t wait to start cleaning out the rodents,” Emily said darkly. “This city’s full of them.”

As Emily stepped out, she saw once again a section of society thoroughly failed by America’s promises of prosperous capitalism. This was for sure, a part of the city left behind.
- In front of a pawn shop, there were three random men that were already wearing ski mask, each of a different color, before they all go in at once. An obvious robbery. No one seems to care to stop them. However, it's likely because they have guns.

- Across the way, there was some smug asshole rallying up two homeless men. He had a phone out, filming the two, while he had a five dollar bill in another hand. Before Emily can wonder what he was doing, the two homeless men started to fight each other. Not simple wrestling, but it looked like it was to the death! This scumbag was filming these two hobos fighting each other for internet clout? Would the internet even allow that content now? What was happening in the world?

- An angry yell was heard that broke Emily's concertation. There was a prostitute who was being rough housed by her pimp. A gangster type figure. Most likely having connections with a street gang. "You think of trying to fucking quit on me, so you can go waste my money on fucking college?! You're a two-faced spank!" the pimp aggressively slapped the prostitute. It was obvious that the frail woman was being abused by her pimp.

- Nearby, a hooded man with a baseball bat was smashing out a newspaper dispenser. It was all happening directly next to Lynch and Emily, where even the man, who was taking all the newspapers out of the wrecked dispenser, did little but show an apathetic shrug.

- Lynch immediately tapped Marsh's shoulder, where he pointed at a grey building across the street. It had closed bars beyond the windows, where in front of the building, a young woman was being forced out of a van and into the building. The exterior of the building made it out to be another brothel, but there was a suspicious padlock that was being unlocked and relocked when the woman was inside. "I know those tell-tale signs. That woman is being trafficked." Lynch explained, where a beefy man stood in guard of the door.

- Lynch was about to say something else, but he saw something that was forcing his grin. There was a man that pulled up next to the playground, where both Lynch and Marsh can see him from the open window on the other side of his car. The driver was.. Why does he have binocula- A pedophile!?

Emily was shocked that so many crimes could be occurring simultaneously. She knew the world was rotten but to be this BLATANTLY rotten? There was no subtlety (it seemed) to this city’s criminal element; this was a large protruding nail that desperately needed the hard hammering.

It’s time for Artemis to get to work. It’s important to make a grand entrance. Hmmmm… what should I deal with first?

Marsh considered the trafficking operation, but then she wasn’t sure about the security inside, it could prove risky and there was no way to assess from this limited vantage point.

Emily decided she felt a special connection to the prostitute. Perhaps it was because she (Artemis) had just chosen her own path, right now she savored her newfound direction and freedom. She hated how it was being taken away from another person.

As if pointing out sitting spots for guests at a grand wedding, she leaned forward slightly towards another angle and said, “I’m thinking I’ll deal with the pimp situation. He’s too coercive; what he’s doing it’s not right. Every woman should be able to choose their own path, as I did.”

Her plan was simple enough. She had a gun; she would brandish it. The pimp was a bully and she was hoping that he wasn’t used to people standing up for themselves or for others.

“If I can deal with him first without firing a single shot,” she said. “It would maintain the element of surprise for the second task.”

As for the second pick…

She had brought a handgun and she wanted to fire it, the robbery seemed a good option for that with at least three potential robbers to gun down. Furthermore, if they brought firearms of their own, it could be added to her inventory.

“I’m interested in the robbery,” she said, pointing towards the pawnshop. “I’d like to attend to that next, assuming they don’t make a getaway by the time I’m done sorting out the pimp.”

If she entered sneakily and timed it, she might get the first shot (and in her experience, with guns, a huge advantage went to the one who drew first).

“How does that sound?”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun May 15, 2022 11:00 pm

Henry Lynch

“I’m thinking I’ll deal with the pimp situation. He’s too coercive; what he’s doing it’s not right. Every woman should be able to choose their own path, as I did.”

Her plan was simple enough. She had a gun; she would brandish it. The pimp was a bully and she was hoping that he wasn’t used to people standing up for themselves or for others.

“If I can deal with him first without firing a single shot,” she said. “It would maintain the element of surprise for the second task.”

"If it helps, I know a way to deal with him without wasting a single bullet." Lynch said, where he unlocked the car quick to get a knife from the travel bag that Marsh brought along. "A gun tends to draw more attention than a knife. Both will be enough to settle things with the john."

“I’m interested in the robbery,” she said, pointing towards the pawnshop. “I’d like to attend to that next, assuming they don’t make a getaway by the time I’m done sorting out the pimp.”

If she entered sneakily and timed it, she might get the first shot (and in her experience, with guns, a huge advantage went to the one who drew first.

“How does that sound?”

"I don't mind a three vs one action. It's bound to go loud over there, but it's good to get extra guns and ammo. Should be no big issue, even if it goes loud." Lynch said, letting Marsh take care of the pimp and the robbery happening at the pawnshop.

"After you're done. Meet me back at the car. I should be able to extract some info or get some clues, while I can take care of an annoyance on the side. Nothing wrong with a little practice.." Lynch said, looking more eager to go through with the trial run.

Emily was left to head off to confront the pimp, while Lynch casually strobed into the brothel to find the owner.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue May 17, 2022 9:23 pm

Niccolo “Nicky” Colucci

Niccolo “Nicky” Colucci was a vicious character. He wasn’t the biggest fish in the pond but he was one of the nastier and more calculating ones. He ran the show in the Pink Stallion, one of the seedier clubs in this forsaken part of town. It was a great hub to traffic a good amount of powder and provide various forms of “special experiences.” He liked his customers satisfied, even the really degenerate ones. It was all turning out to be very profitable and he’d come a long way since his ancestors first arrived in the land of the free. The American Dream was really working out for him.

Still, he knew the rules of the game so he paid his dues to his higher ups. He didn’t want to give the impression that he was making a power move of any sort. 

He stood by a desolate and rundown apartment building. Presently he wore an unzipped leather coat over tailor-made black suit, complemented by a black homburg hat. He had on a pair of sunglasses over his eyes, many gleaming rings on his stubby fingers. His face was tanned and gruff with a rather large unpleasant mouth. It formed sneering leer because he wasn’t hearing what he liked, giving his face a bit of a wolf-like look with the stained teeth showing. 

There seemed to be no one else around, except him and one of his prostitutes.

A whole week of busting balls and this hoe drama is just what I need to round out the day…

Louisa was a thin as a stick, too much so for his taste but the little skank had proved profitable enough. The customers seemed to like her face with its short curly straw-colored hair and well-shaped lips; even he had to say that glittery miniskirt worked well for her. He had seen her potential early on and now she was just plain ungrateful.  

“I-I just want out okay?,” Louisa stuttered, her voice annoyingly high for him. “I-I don’t think I can quite take any more of this mister, meaning no offense it’s just-“ 

You ain’t form a single useful thought in your life eh?

“Shut your god damn mouth you worthless bimbo,” he snapped at her. “You think of trying to fucking quit on me, so you can go waste my money on fucking college?! You're a two-faced spank?!” 

She was his property, a piece of the profit-making machinery and that was all. To assert his state of affairs, Niccolo stepped forward and slapped her face with staggering force. 

Louisa let out a high pitched cry as she fell back and fell down, landing awkwardly on a sidewalk. She stood up, trembling and looking at him with fear. Niccolo smiled, he had always prided himself in his strength.

Maybe I could take out my knife and make a few marks. Nah, wouldn’t be no good for business… 

“Now I hope that gets rid of any funny thoughts for you,” he said. “Cause you’re MINE. And you ain’t quitting so SHUT YO PIEHOLE.”

He walked forward, raised a finger condescendingly at her and continued. “You go get yourself cleaned up, and then it’s back to work you hear me? Cause you ain’t NOTHING if not for your place at my club. I think when we get back I’ll have to teach you some more grateful-”

Suddenly, he heard the sound of shuffling grass. Frowning, Niccolo turned around, his hand instinctive reaching inside his coat pocket and fingering the edge of a fancy revolver.

A figure emerged from the shadow but it was only a lone woman. She was approaching haphazardly, or rather, she was bumbling forward.

Well what do we have here?

He relaxed his grip on the gun and observed, standing back proudly.

The fuck is this?

A woman was stumbling around, looking slightly unbalanced. Her medium-length hair was brown and kind of wavy and her youthful face looked dazed and confused, her large eyes seeing some unseen space beyond. It wasn’t raining but somehow she was wearing a zipped up green raincoat, blue-green jeans under and some boots. 

“Five… f… five little ducks went out one day,” she mumbled in a high zoned out voice. “O-over the hills and far away… mother duck said quack quack quack quack…. quack?” 

Niccolo looked at her build and height. She looked like a good catch; would prove popular. He could rope her in, and if not, probably sell her off. He licked his lips as he approached.

I’d like to go a few rounds with that myself. Hoe’s probably not clean though…

“What’s the deal sweetheart? You lost ya way?” he said. “A few shots too many?”

“Over… over the hills and far away,” the brunette said, still swaying left and right violently, it looked like she might even fall. “M… mother duck said quack quack quack… q… quack…”

“There ain’t no ducks,” he said to her as he approached with his arms outstretched. “But I think me and you, we could reach an agreement. You want to make some Benjies?”

“Oh?” she said, turning around and seeing him. But then it looked like she was looking past him, her eyes seemed to widen even more. “M… make w… what? I don’t… are you… are you mommy duck?”

“There ain’t no fucking ducks here,” he said, moving even closer. “Wow how many fucking drinks did you-“

Artemis

The hunt had begun. It was unfortunate that she didn’t use her mask for this one, but it was essential to her plan. Today she wore a different disguise, that of a would-be-victim. Before she set out, Artemis had used a blade to slice open a large portion of the lower back of her raincoat. This allowed her to wear her guard belt in reverse, and slip in her knife weapon there.

As she swayed around with imbalance, the pimp couldn’t see any of that from the front. Presently, he was moving forward to grab her firmly, one of his hands was outstretched and he was moving forward fast. They were about half a meter apart.

Good enough.

Without transition, the brunette transformed from into a killing machine. Seemingly slipping her hand behind her in a random drunken twist, she instantly pulled out her knife, lunged forward and swung the weapon through the air with lethal precision, decisively catching the surprised gangster across his throat-

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

There was a shriek of terror but it wasn’t the gangster’s (he couldn’t do so as he choked and gargled). Far behind her, the blonde prostitute had stood up and was now screaming with terror.

You should be thanking me.

Artemis didn’t flinch as she was sprayed with a fountain of liquid. Her eyes cold, she didn’t waste a second as she moved forward, grabbed him by his back and proceeded to stab his chest again and again and again and again…

Louisa had stopped screaming, instead, she moved back and tripped over the sidewalk. Landing on her butt, she seemed frozen with shock and horror as she continued to watch her oppressor take what seemed like an endless series of stabbings.

Artemis looked into his eyes and instinctively, she could feel the moment the life went out of him. Satisfied, she released and allowed the corpse to fall down. Niccolo Colucci hit the floor, sprawling and lifeless, his face a frozen mask of horror. Wincing a bit, Artemis used her hand and wiped away some of the red from her face.

I’m going to need a shower later. This evildoer blood is filthy.

She turned and saw Louisa too; the witness had stood up, now trembling from head to toe. Artemis smiled as she approached. “You are free to go now,” she said to her, her voice radiating with warmth. “Don’t worry, I am not here to harm you. I only hunt the evildoers. He will trouble you no more. It is finished.”

Louisa blinked, clearly thrown off by the brunette’s nonchalant demeanor after what she had just pulled.

“I’ve given you a path forward, you are free,” Artemis continued, using her coat to wipe the blood from her knife. “But from here, you must walk alone just as I have. Everyone has a journey. How you choose to do so… is your choice.”

It felt like the right moment so Emily Marsh began to quote a poem. Whilst doing so, her eyes looked left and right to make sure no one else had witnessed what had just happened.

“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood… and sorry I could not travel both…”

The boys in class never liked this poem.

“And be one traveler, long I stood…

Coming to her senses, Louisa turned and sprinted away from this part of the town as fast as her skinny legs could carry her. Artemis was a bit annoyed; there was no Thank You?

Hmmmm…

If the girl was particularly ungrateful, she might even bring some associates back. Artemis knew it wasn’t prudent to linger. Still, there were things to scavenge here. So she knelt over Colucci’s corpse and began to search around in his pockets.

This is a really fancy revolver. It will serve my quests well.

It was time for the next act. It was time to put on that mask and deal with the robbery. Lynch was right, the gun wasn’t necessary for this part, but it would be for the next.

The pawnshop was surprisingly large inside; there were rows and rows of shelved merchandise as well. It was a dingy, poorly maintained space and quiet filthy. The lighting was bad.

The owner was a 42-year-old Chinese immigrant. His name was Song Chen. He stood behind a counter at the very back, next to many long rectangular glass shelves stocked with all sorts of items inside. Song’s son Ming had gone into the back area to make some instant noodles.

Song heard the ringing of the bell. Customers through the front door, it had to be. There was a flurry of footsteps, then he looked up and saw. Three men wearing black balaclava masks, dressed in green and blue jackets and jeans. One of them had a large shotgun, the other two were brandishing handguns. The leader stepped forward and dropped a large burlap sack unto the counter top.

“Listen up Chinaman,” he said in a gruff voice. “It’s time to pay up.”
Song blinked.

“The cash register moron! EMPTY IT UP!”

He raised and aimed the handgun straight at the shop owner’s head. While doing so, the other two robbers began to sweep the store to make sure no one else was here. Song gulped. He hoped to get this over with and he sure prayed his son was safe. “I… I empty register?” he suttered.

“NO SHIT!” the robber said. “You deaf or something?!!!! GET ON IT SPATZ!”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed May 18, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat May 21, 2022 11:40 pm

At the Lusty Links Brothel...

Lynch had seen sleazes. Lot of sleazes, of course. For some reason, the man behind the desk, who was busy with a phone call with his back turned, was almost similar to that landlord Otto. The difference was the long hair that the man said. Dirty greasy black hair that seemed to interest Lynch. The neon red lighting inside of the lobby of the brothel added to a sense of tension.

"No wait! Tell me more.. Some good birdies can coming over?" the brothel owner said, where Lynch was getting his knife ready. His smile was getting forced, where the man didn't even seem to notice Lynch. Ironically, there was a service bell on the desk, which Lynch started ringing. "Hang on, I'm busy here.." the man said to Lynch, not even looking at him.

"Enough to replace the ones from that massacre? That's good. How much? I need them cheap. I don't care about the AIDS." the owner continued, where Lynch rang the bell again. "I said, I'm busy!" the owner said, where Lynch got his knife out from his holster. "You have the Asian variety?" the owner asked the person on the phone, but Lynch interrupted the man. "I suggest you hang up, because I'm about ready to put a knife into your nape, my greaser character." Lynch immediately said, where the owner finally turned around. "The fu- Oh shit!" the owner blurted out, where Lynch lunged forward to force his face onto the desk. "Hang up. Now." Lynch demanded, where the owner complied. The mobile phone fell to the floor behind the desk, but Lynch knew he didn't have enough time.

"You remember me, my good sir?" Lynch said, having the owner see him again. "Wait? You're the guy that the pigs arrested! How the fuck did they let you out?!" the owner said, where Lynch brought the blade closer to the skin of the owner's neck. "Who set me up? Was it you?" Lynch asked him politely. "The whores were already dead in that room! I needed a scapegoat or something-"
"So you framed me for your murder?"
"No! It wasn't me! One of those bitches were an informant or something! Pearson came by to deal with them all to be safe!" the owner said, where Lynch raised an eyebrow.

"Who's Pearson?" Lynch asked the owner. "Pearson.. He's.. I don't know where the fuck he is, but he would have killed me, if I never do what he said!"

"And my truck?"
"What truck?" the owner said, until Lynch started to cut into the owner's neck. "Another cut and I will sever the artery. Where's my truck?" Lynch demanded. "I don't know what happened to your fucking truck! It could have been Bobby who stole it!!"
"Now tell me who Bobby is.."
"Bobby.. He's a delinquent, but he comes by Ludwig Square to hotwire and send cars somewhere! I don't know where!!"

The owner felt Lynch's grip start to become more relaxed. The owner wanted to let out a sigh of relief, but the blade of the knife was moved towards the greasy black hair of the owner. There was another sharp pain. This time, more deep with the knife cutting at the scalp. A grunt of pain in a sense of panic occurred, where Lynch kept the owner pinned down. The owner was yelling the usual "Why!?" to Lynch, but he was more focused at repaying the favor for the owner of Lusty Links. Lynch made a good square that was carved on the head, where he removed a large piece of scalp with locks of black dirty hair.

Lynch gazed at his handiwork, where the owner was starting to go into deep from the wound on his now bare head. Before Lynch was about to leave, there was a blond haired prostitute who heard the screaming and got a glimpse at Lynch, staring daggers at her with that smile of his. Lynch was kind enough to give a reason for this brutal act.

"A temporary trophy for myself. I can take a different color, instead."

The hooker immediately screamed and ran off deeper into the brothel, while Lynch stuffed the scalp in his jacket and the blade in the holster before he left. As Lynch was about to head over to that pedophile near the playground, another prostitute ran by Lynch. One with straw-colored hair and well-shaped lips. Then, there was a yell from another brothel. Some people were distracted by the body of Niccolo "Nicky" Colucci. Brutally stabbed.

It wasn't a problem for now. It will take a while for a patrol unit to come over. Lynch could even tell that some people were trying to mug the corpse of Nicky for his wallet or other belongings. Lynch walked over to the car, where the pedo was at, until there was the sound of a firecracker. A sound coming from the pawn shop. Looks like Marsh was forced to go loud. Then again, those men did have guns. There was another sound. This time, Lynch could tell it was a gun shot.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed May 25, 2022 9:15 am

Ding Ding Ding!

The bell ran, signaling that there was a new customer at the spacious pawnshop.

The three masked robbers turned where they stood (the owner Song was behind them over a counter).

There was an aura of eldritch menace. The newcomer wore a green raincoat drenched with blood; the head was hidden behind an ornately crafted silver wolf mask that hid the whole visage except for the eyes. The brunette woman behind the disguise wasted no time in extending a single arm forward, between her nailed fingers she was holding a revolver out.

Before the three robbers could respond, Artemis pivoted where she stood and began to fire off her handgun.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Her marksmanship was as fast as it was lethal. The first bullet struck one of the robbers through his masked head (instantly killing him)… there was a splatter as he collapsed against a shelf filled with merchandise which promptly fell over in turn. The next two bullets struck a second robber twice (the first bullet causing an explosion above his shoulder, and the next through his gut). He let out an ear-piercing scream as he fell down and his firearm was dropped. Heavily wounded, he screamed nonstop like a broken alarm:

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

That left the leader, who turned and began to fire off his shotgun. However, Artemis didn’t waste a second. She had already strafed to the left and disappeared behind some shelves.

BANG! Click!

Artemis was gone, utilizing the shop’s surroundings as cover. As the leader strafed forward, he kept shooting all over the place, trying to estimate her unseen position.

BANG! Click! Bang! Click! BANG! Click! Bang! Click!

Pieces of shattered wood, floating papers, dust, and plaster began to fly from where the bullet clusters struck. He wasn’t sure where she went.

What was going on? Was it some gangster? Some vigilante? Probably just an unhinged lunatic with a gun (what could be more dangerous?)

“I don’t know who you think you are!” he cried out (trying to ignore his fallen comrade’s endless screams), as he moved around, weapon raised, his eyes trying to locate the enemy. “But you don’t know who you’re messing with. This ain’t ending well for you!”

Meanwhile his fallen friend continued hollering in agony: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! OWWWWWWWW!”

The leader had heard enough. The screams were really annoying; he wasn’t a useful team mate anymore anyways (if anything, he was a liability now). The shotgun user promptly turned and put his ally out of his misery.

BANG! Click!

While all of this killing was going on, Song had rushed to the back of the store. His son, 12-year-old Ming was in the back and he had spilled his instant noodles all over the floor.

Song raised a shushing finger, signifying that silence was critical. Then he grabbed his trembling kid and they scrambled off towards the back exit. Never mind the damage to the shop or whatever was going on, they should be grateful to be alive at all.

A few seconds later, they stepped out of the shop from behind. The sun blinded them for just a split second before they rushed out amidst a maze of parked cars, never once stopping until they were many many miles beyond the shop.

The Robber

He walked around, listening for the slightest of sounds, crouching slightly, his shotgun ready. Then he had an idea.

“Hey listen,” he called out. “This shop ain’t got much, but we could split it. How about you step out and we split the catch here? I’d reckon you could be at least 10 grand richer? What say you?”

He was making this up of course (including the ad hoc valuation). He had every intention of cutting her down as soon as she stepped out.

“This is a limited offer!” he shouted out. “It expires soon!”

Artemis/Emily Marsh

From behind a particularly large shelf, the vigilante woman lay flat on the ground on her chest. Her heart was racing but she felt strangely calm and focused.

After swiftly gunning down the first two robbers, she had strafed to the left behind some shelves before making a further unseen leap even further to the left still. Since then, she had stayed on the ground, listening carefully.

The noise of all the gunfire, especially from his big shotgun was deafening, but somehow it didn’t bother Marsh. She was somehow in tune with her surroundings and could pick out the small important details. The early cut-off of the screams signaled that the enemy count was now down from two to one.

The monsters eat each other. This is nothing new.

“Hey listen! This shop ain’t got much, but we could split it. How about you step out and we split the catch here? I’d reckon you could be at least 10 grand richer? What say you?”

Hmmmm… I’ve heard this sort of thing before. No thanks.

She had been listening to his voice and estimating his position. Blocking her line of sight were several rows of plastic boxes. Without making a noise, she crouched up.
“This is a limited offer! It expires soon!”

That’s my entrance cue.

Angling her revolver slightly, she took aim in the general direction and fired off three shots, re-adjusting slightly between the shots to cover a general line; in this way emptying the ammo in her six chamber gun.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Not wasting a second, she threw away the gun, leapt up at an angle and stepped out from behind the shelf… she whipped out her second handgun (the golden-plated one she had scavenged from Colucci).

The robber was leaning against a counter, one of her three bullets had struck him in the chest from the side. He had lowered his shotgun slightly (in response to Artemis' shooting it had also gone off, however in the wrong direction), The robber turned around.

However, Emily had already raised her second handgun which she began to fire off without hesitation.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The masked robber’s jerked around as he was riddled with bullets. The shotgun fell from his loose fingers before he too, fell over and crumpled against a a shelf, adding to the store’s messiness by knocking it over as well.

Artemis looked around. The shop was a mess now, and the owner she assumed was gone.

Hmmm… that was good. But how much time has passed? I better get moving.

It was unfortunate that the shop was bullet-riddled (it would cost the owner a lot to restore it if he didn’t have insurance) but still, she believed eventually the owner would realize she did what had to be done.

In this instance, Artemis decided against scavenging the bullets. She had burned too much time, things were getting a bit dangerous now. Picking up the previous revolver she had dropped and pocketing it, she looked left and right before rushing out of the store, golden gun in hand.

My end went well. I wonder how Lynch did. This is a very good first day on the job for Artemis. My project, my wonderful project… I’ve begun it at last!

Artemis was beginning to get addicted to this. It was a good feeling, being able to create and destroy like this. This was her true calling. This was LIFE itself!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:30 am

At A Playground...

There were creeps that were unfortunately a problem in modern day society. This creep here was about to have a very bad day..

It's obvious that he was enjoying himself with some binoculars aimed at the playground in front of him with ignorant mothers and their children going about. However, that was going to change, due to the wrath of karma. Well, if you could call it karma.

The sounds of gunshots from the nearby pawn shops were enough to get the kids to be dragged off by their parents from the playground, causing frustration for the pedophile. "Oh bullshit! Come on!" the pedo complained, however he was in for a curveball, due to his first mistake. He never bothered to lock his own car, even when he was in it.

The sound of the passenger door opening and Henry Lynch calmly getting into the car with the pedophile only caused confusion for the latter. "What are you..?" the pedo didn't know what to say, until Lynch spoke. "You wouldn't mind that you keep the windows rolled up? You don't seem to mind." Lynch said, in a quiet hushed manner. "Get the fuck out of here! I can call the cops!!"

"You? Call the cops? For someone who likes them too young?" Lynch said it in a way to drive the point forward. "I... I have rights! We have rights, now!" the man in the driver's seat said, where Lynch's smiling grin started to become forced. Until suddenly, Lynch relaxed his facial expression for a neutral state. He took a deep breath, before he made sure he had his knife ready.

"I do have to make this quick to check in on my friend, who is most likely dead.. but it gives me happiness for when I can twist the knife in you.."

The pedophile didn't have a chance to respond. Before he had the ability to speak, Lynch immediately stabbed the man's throat with his knife, severing his windpipe and some of his vocal cords. Lynch's smile was back, but there was something forced about it. His eyes didn't match up with his normal smile. Instead, it was eyes of scorn and hatred with a smile so forced that it was more visibly a mask. A spray of blood went forward on the windshield of the car, as Lynch hopped out of the car to leave the corpse of the pedophile. His hostile expression suddenly switched to his happy cheery smile that he wants Emily to keep seeing.

Speaking of Emily, where the hell is she right now?

Song Chen's Pawnshop

Artemis managed to escape out of the back of the pawnshop to avoid anyone who saw her walk out of the shop with her guns. Having came out of the back, she saw a lot of parked cars from where Song Chen and his son had escaped through. She needed to make sure that she regrouped with Lynch. It wasn't until she was near the edge of the parking lot was when a familiar car pulled up near her. Sure enough, it was the smiling Lynch, who had her get inside. "I recommend that you get yourself in the car. The cops are going to be swarming the place in a moment from that gunfire." Lynch said, beckoning her into the car.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Artemis/Emily Marsh

The sound of gunfire was ringing in her ears in the aftermath and her heart was racing, but otherwise she was fine. She figured she’d eventually get used to the noise of the guns.

Hmmm… I don’t remember shooting this accurately before.

As a Gladstone girl, she fired her rounds but previously, her style had been stiff, protocol-based, and conservative. Yet just now she had exhibited a sort of keen intuition and fluidity in her handling of guns that she never knew she had. Emily didn’t understand the full extent of her transformation, but she wasn’t going to question it too much. She had an inkling much of it came from her newfound confidence and conviction, and she didn’t mind.

A part of me has been unlocked and for the better, that’s what matters.

Her new profession, it was less that of traditional law enforcement and more like that of an artist. One that drew and painted exclusively in red. There was something empowering about the smell of gunpowder… she was beginning to get used to human blood, it’s red liquid appearance, it’s peculiar iron-like smell, and the feel of it against her face and clothes. These were sensations she had experienced at the correctional facility breakout and now she experienced it again here. She knew there would be more.

She rushed out of the back of the shop, one hand gripping the revolver in her raincoat pocket. For a moment, she felt a wave of concern and anxiety.

Where is Lynch? Is he alright? Did he make it?

It wasn't until she was near the edge of the parking lot was when a familiar car pulled up near her. Sure enough, it was the smiling Lynch, who had her get inside. "I recommend that you get yourself in the car. The cops are going to be swarming the place in a moment from that gunfire." Lynch said, beckoning her into the car.

She didn’t need telling twice. She rushed into the passenger seat, minding the still-placed shotgun and closing the door. Words couldn’t describe how happy she was that he was still in one piece.

He knows how to take care of himself, just like me. We can get sone really good works done.

As the car drove off. Emily removed her mask and began to wipe it with a handkerchief from the front compartment.

“It was a stunning success,” Emily reported, smiling. “I have eliminated many enemies. A small part of the evil in this city has been cleansed, I am glad.”

Hmmm… unfortunately, no one said Thank You. But we can’t come to expect that.

She showed him the new golden handgun. “I even got myself a new toy. How did things transpire on your end?“

She really could do this all day. Shutting down little evil rats block by block. However, she also understood that they had to play things smartly. Resources were limited and every mission carried a risk. They must not lose the big picture.

“Did you find out anything new? Are we any closer to the big fish?”

The last thing they wanted was to draw attention. The authorities could have been drawn to the gunfire. Conscientious of this fact, Emily took off her blood soaked raincoat and folded it out of sight. She tried her best to wipe the blood from her face using her hands and tissues, she made use of a water bottle, pouring small amounts of liquid to help with the cleaning.

Her demeanor and movements in this cleanup process somewhat resembled that of a backstage performer cleaning up the make-up after a theatrical run. She checked her progress through the car rearview mirror.

“Apologies for getting blood all over your car,” she said, smiling. “I hope you don’t mind.”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:08 am

Henry Lynch

Lynch listened to Emily, when she mentioned that a small part of the evil in the city was cleansed. Not a lot. Perhaps a tiny bit, but Emily was enthusiastic with how it played it. She even showed Lynch a new gun that was gold plated. "You got yourself a toy? I got myself a small memento, but I can give it to you, if you need a free wig." Lynch pulled the car over to the side of a quiet side street, getting the scalp out from out of his jacket. "I took care of someone who thought it was a good idea to let me take the fall.."

“Did you find out anything new? Are we any closer to the big fish?”

"I got two names. One of them is the person who did the crime that I was framed for, while the other is a good lead. I'm working for the latter. Might be where I can get my truck back to make things easier. We need to find some kid named Bobby. He's nearby on Ludwig Square as a carjacker. He sent my truck somewhere, but with the cops now nearby, I need to find a better lure." Lynch explained, though Emily was trying to get the blood off her body.

"Well, it isn't our car. Not like whoever once owned would care now." Lynch remarked, since Otto was still in that bathtub. "I have an idea. We drive back to the apartment, quick. Then, we borrow the warden's car. Her ride might be enough to draw someone who isn't afraid to jack it. I will explain more, when we head back." Lynch explained, heading over back to Old Town.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:08 am

Artemis/Emily Marsh

From the passenger seat of the moving car, Emily turned and saw Lynch’s scalped skin. She was reminded of a history channel program on the practice of scalping by several Amerindian tribes.

Hmmm… a bit on the visceral side bit hey, if it gets the job done. The power of fear shouldn’t be underestimated.

“I expect that will send them a message, loud and clear,” she nodded. “I think this will help to strike terror into their hearts and minds.”

In Marsh’s mind, the world’s billions were increasingly being re-categorized and sorted into three absolute groupings:
innocent people who needed to be saved and protected,
a large overwhelmingly powerful group of evil doers,
and heroes.
As for the authorities, their official titles no longer mattered. Their actions (not their titles as cops, judges or otherwise) would decide whether they were people who needed to be saved, culled, or recruited (she had learned in the correctional facility that the nation’s Founders were wise to see that power can and often will corrupt). For now, as far as she was aware, her and Lynch were the only known heroes but throughout history there have been others and who knows… with more time, other worthy men and women could be found and recruited as well. It was at least a possibility.

It would he a rare event I daresay. Most will simply stand by while the darkness reigns. But not everyone. A degree of vision is required.

"I got two names. One of them is the person who did the crime that I was framed for, while the other is a good lead. I'm working for the latter. Might be where I can get my truck back to make things easier. We need to find some kid named Bobby. He's nearby on Ludwig Square as a carjacker. He sent my truck somewhere, but with the cops now nearby, I need to find a better lure." Lynch explained, though Emily was trying to get the blood off her body.

"Well, it isn't our car. Not like whoever once owned would care now." Lynch remarked, since Otto was still in that bathtub. "I have an idea. We drive back to the apartment, quick. Then, we borrow the warden's car. Her ride might be enough to draw someone who isn't afraid to jack it. I will explain more, when we head back." Lynch explained, heading over back to Old Town.

Emily listened carefully, while her eyes watched out if the window for any signs of police activity. Thankfully, they weren’t being followed for now.

Just more dreary weather, rundown buildings, a pedestrians and a few cars here and there.

“That is very promising,” she said at length. “I like this direction. Let’s do it.”

Yes, a trail is forming. Soon, the real hunt will start.

After a while, Lynch returned the vehicle to the familiar surroundings of the apartment.

“I am very excited to start the next part but first, we should probably move a few things into the apartment. I’d like to get cleaned up a bit.”

Upon returning to the apartment flat, Emily finished cleaning herself up in front of a real mirror, finally getting rid of all the blood from her person. The clothes were a lot tricker.

She was going to throw the ruined the raincoat away but then she stopped.

Hmmmm…. No I’ll keep this one. It’s from my first real hunt.

With a smile, she folded the bloodied and cut raincoat and stowed it away somewhere.

There would be a round of washing for other clothes later but for now, time was of the essence (they should move quickly lest the trail be compromised). She switched to a long-sleeved purple top and switched to navy blue jeans. The raincoat had served her well so far so she switched to a new one, rapidly constructing the same hole as in the previous coat to be able to re-insert the knife.

After a bit of drinking, it was time to set out again. The guard’s belt she wore continued to accommodate the correctional facility service revolver. The golden revolver would be maintained in another pocket. Thankfully, both firearms used the 9 mm round and so there was no ammunition mismatch.

She was going to offer Lynch a firearm but then she remembered it wasn’t his style.

“I’m all set,” she said. “My apologies for the delay but now I’m all set.”

It was time to switch out to the warden’s car. Emily agreed it would make better lure. Besides, it was always strategic to switch between vehicles as much as possible. It muddies the trail for anyone potentially investigating.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Henry Lynch

“I am very excited to start the next part but first, we should probably move a few things into the apartment. I’d like to get cleaned up a bit.”

"Agreed. I do like to change out into one of my new jackets. The brown one should do." Lynch said, before they headed back in the apartment quick. Back at the flat, Lynch replaced his jacket with the brown one, while Marsh cleaned herself up from her blood stained clothes. "I recommend that you have your mask on, Emily. Our plan is going to require bait and I already know what we need.." Lynch said, checking the car keys of the late warden's car, which was still being an eye-catching sight for some strangers and vagrants.

Bobby Quinn

"Cheap. Cheap. New, but too dull for sales. Cheap." Bobby Quinn was checking the cars that were parked on the side of the street near Ludwig Square. Somehow, the fuzz had decided to show up from some random "senseless" murder spree, forcing Bobby to check the cars that were slightly away from the square. Bobby was a kid who fell into the wrong path. He didn't get the chance to graduate high school, becoming a dropout. He got addicted to some crack from a party. He then got a job by some shady guy who ran a "body shop" that accepts "borrowed cars".

Even for a lackey, Bobby began to know that the weirdest shit was happening in town. First, his friends got hooked on this weird sci-fi drug called NXK. Bobby didn't try some. He preferred straight crack, plus he heard that meth was starting to become cheaper. But his friends were acting like lunatics days later. Then, there was that truck and trailer he managed to steal. He was walking with some friends who worked at the same "body shop", where they saw the truck and trailer outside of some brothel. One of his friends had an idea. They could steal the truck to the "body shop", get a pay raise for looting the trailer too, then get high. Bobby was the one to get the truck hotwired, while his friends on the street kept watch for the owner. Something off happened, after he drove off with the truck and trailer. There were a lot of cops on stand-by, but they didn't see Bobby being suspicious with the trailer.

Which was when things made him act paranoid. Him and his friends never got the chance to get the trailer open. He waited until he drove to the "body shop", so he can have his boss get some guys to check the contents, while Bobby was lighting up. The next day, however, his boss and some of the higher up goons at the "body shop" were weirded out all week. Bobby asked if there was a meth lab in the trailer, but he was never told an answer. Someone did mention that when Philip was told to check the trailer, he made a phone call to some shady assholes who were from "Hollywood". Hollywood? The fuck did some hipsters from the west coast want with whatever was in that trailer? Afterwards, Philip told everyone to keep their mouths shut about the trailer, especially Bobby.

Now all this chaotic bullshit with the prison riot at that Correctional Facility had Bobby asking too much. He was just wondering the same thing. What the fuck was happening in Starkweather? How much of this shit been happening without be knowing. Damn, he wondered if the white ice is making him worry too much.

Hang on...

"Oh finally.."

Bobby spied a fancy looking car. Bright red like blood. Bobby smiled, showing his rotten teeth. It was positioned in a way down an alley that made it visible to passerby. Since most of the crowd scattered from the fuzz, Bobby saw it as a chance to get another pay raise. He strode up to the car, seeing how the driver's side window was open. This thing was waiting to be stolen. "Amateurs!" Bobby reached in to unlock the door, but he heard something behind him. He poked his head back out to see what was that noise. Sounded like some trash cans falling over? Nah... just some rats.

Bobby raised back into the car, trying to get the car door open, but he was ready when he heard some rushing footsteps behind him. He felt the back of his leg crack, when someone brought a boot down onto it. "AGHHH!" Bobby was thrusted out from the car window, where he tumbled to the ground. "Who the fuck?!" Bobby looked up to see two random characters looking down at him. Some weird chick with a wolf mask and some guy with glasses and a brown jacket.

"Well well well, you must be Bobby.." Lynch said to him. "Fuck you! Who are you, two?! How did you know my name?!"
"Someone knows you as a regular. You stole my pickup truck and my mobile home. Where did you take it?" Lynch politely asked, but Bobby who had his leg broken wasn't happy. Instead, Bobby shallowed hard and spat out some phlegm onto Lynch's shoes.

Lynch's smile started to tighten, until suddenly..

"My dear.." Lynch calmed down and turned to Emily. "This fellow is being uncooperative. I think I should share the fun," Lynch took out his fillet knife, giving it to Artemis, "to you to deal with him. Get him to talk.." Lynch said to her. Lynch made sure that no one was peeking in from the entryway of the alley, while he was letting Emily get Bobby to coax the location of Lynch's truck and mobile home out of him.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:51 am

Artemis/Emily Marsh

Astonishingly clever. Using a car as bait. I like his style.

“I like fishing,” she whispered as she hid out with Lynch, watching the blood red car from a well-hidden position.

She did though, Gladstone had its fair share of lakes and rivers. It was good to take a break from the classroom and the farm once in a while.

Now they were fishing again, though in a different sense. The place was isolated enough and by the looks of it, it was just going to be one car jacker. She was hoping to save ammo.

She watched, slightly-crouched. Her patience was that of a calculated hunter. A few minutes went by and he came, sooner rather than later.

He seems rather young and weedy for a troublemaker.

Without needing to signal, both Marsh and Lynch moved out without making much noise. Artemis was wearing her wolf mask again, this time the golden one.

This was like a treasure hunt, scattered with the dispensation of justice throughout. and Bobby was one of the first big clues.

Lynch made the first move:

Bobby raised back into the car, trying to get the car door open, but he was ready when he heard some rushing footsteps behind him. He felt the back of his leg crack, when someone brought a boot down onto it. "AGHHH!" Bobby was thrusted out from the car window, where he tumbled to the ground. "Who the fuck?!" Bobby looked up to see two random characters looking down at him. Some weird chick with a wolf mask and some guy with glasses and a brown jacket.

"Well well well, you must be Bobby.." Lynch said to him. "Fuck you! Who are you, two?! How did you know my name?!"
"Someone knows you as a regular. You stole my pickup truck and my mobile home. Where did you take it?" Lynch politely asked, but Bobby who had his leg broken wasn't happy. Instead, Bobby shallowed hard and spat out some phlegm onto Lynch's shoes.

Lynch's smile started to tighten, until suddenly..

"My dear.." Lynch calmed down and turned to Emily. "This fellow is being uncooperative. I think I should share the fun," Lynch took out his fillet knife, giving it to Artemis, "to you to deal with him. Get him to talk.." Lynch said to her. Lynch made sure that no one was peeking in from the entryway of the alley, while he was letting Emily get Bobby to coax the location of Lynch's truck and mobile home out of him.

Emily accepted the knife; there was a serene smile on her face though it was hidden by the golden wolf mask she was wearing.

They had a problem to solve, in this case the problem of not knowing where Lynch’s truck and mobile home were. Bobby was the obstacle. To solve the problem Bobby had to be cracked open. And this was a problem that could be solved with a knife.

And they told me violence never solved anything…

Bobby’s eyes widened as he beheld the knife in the woman’s hand. He hesitated for a second before stumbling forward trying to get past.

Artemis moved in at full force and used a single arm to push him back with great force. He looked dazed as he was slammed into the side of the red car.

“W-WHAT THE-“ he began. She followed up instantly by leaning into him and pressing the very sharp blade of the fillet knife right up against his throat.

“Don’t move,” she said to him with a voice cold as ice. The knife went even harder against his throat though it didn’t QUITE cut yet, her other hand moved and gripped the front of his clothes firmly.

“You-you’re CRAZY!” he spluttered.

“Growing up as a girl, I’ve done a lot of woodworks. Sharp edges aren’t foreign to me, quite the contrary.”

Bobby was speechless, there was now a slight drop of red coming out from his throat… she controlled it though, to make sure it didn’t go too far just yet.

“As things stand,” she continued. “We can do this the easy way or the messy way. Are you going to talk? Or should I just cut your throat? … Or perhaps a few fingers first?”

The brunette experienced a massive surge of power and she liked it. Intuitively, Marsh understood that there was no probability that he would even attempt to struggle (he was a man without a cause and this information wasn’t worth dying for). She didn’t even need to press him very hard against the car, the knife at his throat was like a remote control that allowed her to control the very essence of his life.

“Time is running out,” she said. “My hand… it might slip. … I’ll ask you one last time: WHERE is my friend’s truck and mobile home? Where have you put them?”

To give him the room to speak, she loosened the knife just a bit and moved the blade SLIGHTLY back (though it still touched his throat).

Will he choose wisdom? Or will he choose folly?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:19 pm

Bobby Quinn/Henry Lynch

Bobby was horrified at what this crazy lady was going to do with him. That bitch was going to cut his throat open! Bobby wouldn't care, if the two were supposed to be undercover cops, but they seem to be more like lunatics than fuzz.

“Time is running out,” she said. “My hand… it might slip. … I’ll ask you one last time: WHERE is my friend’s truck and mobile home? Where have you put them?”

Bobby wanted to keep his mouth shut, but he was feeling the blade of the knife directly against his throat. The lady's grip on him didn't help either.

"W...w-a- WAIT! WAIT" Bobby had to stutter to get something out. "I know where they took your asshole friend's truck!" Bobby yelled again, as Lynch leaned in with interest, while keeping track of anyone who might be eavesdropping from outside of the alley. "Go on. Where is it?" Lynch said.

"It's at the chop shop by the scrapyard in town!"

"You let my truck be scrapped at a chop town?" Lynch asked him, the smile tightening again. "WAIT! Don't kill me! Your truck should still be good! They always hide anything recently stolen in the scrapyard, before they take it inside of the building to chop it up!"

Lynch was more relaxed. "And do you have any other information to tell, which could make us think of possibly sparing you?"

"Ok! Ok!" Bobby said, feeling Artemis's grip loosen, but he stayed still. "We use an auto place as a cover for the chop shop. It's owned by this guy named Philip Mazus. He does some sketchy shit, but he pays us good. I don't know what he does on the side. He has these connections, but I think it's all talk. There are definitely going to be guys with guns, who are going to cap your asses, if you pull something!" Bobby warned the two, even though they didn't seem phased.

"What's the plan, Artemis? Should we kill and leave him, or should we let him walk? He might warn his colleagues, but I think we sent a good message to him on not to mess with us." Lynch asked Artemis, as Bobby listened in.

"Are you two even cops? Or are you guys like hitmen?" Bobby asked, but he was still nervous and wanted to book it out of there.

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:42 pm

Artemis/Emily Marsh

“We are enforcers of justice,” she replied. “That’s all that needs to be said.”

Marsh considered it. This person was slime, but not slime on the same level as some of the nastiest characters in the city.

“Our friend is young and though his acts are vile, perhaps just this one time he ought to be let off with a firm reprimand?”

She looked at Lynch and he seemed fine with it. Marsh turned and warned Bobby, waving the knife casually like an instructor as she spoke:

“You’re going to go home, and end your life of criminality. No more wheeling and dealing, no more unsavory business and most certainly… no more carjacking.”

The man nodded nervously.

“If you don’t,” Emily added cheerfully. “And we catch you, and we will sooner or later, then you’ll be carved apart like a pumpkin face on Halloween. Is that clear?”

“Y… yes.”

“Crystal clear?”

“Yes.”

She tapped the shocked man on the shoulder while moving her masked face close to him, the knife still in hand. She could feel him shrink as he beheld the mask up close.

“Tell your friends, a new order is coming,” she said. “The rules of this city are about to change. Gone are the days when evil in this city will go unpunished. The murderers will hang, the rapists will burn, the traffickers quartered. Their limbs and bones will be scattered all over the land of the living.”

He looked at her with shock and confusion, not fully understanding but also knowing that he was dealing with someone who wouldn’t take questions too well.

From Marsh’s point of view, it was time to spread her new name around. To truly fight the forces of criminality, she needed to become more than just a woman… she needed to become a symbol. There was power in words, names, and symbols. As an English instructor, thus was an idea she had promulgated all her life, but now in a new way.

“Tell your friends this… I, Artemis, Goddess of Justice am coming for them. Artemis is coming for everyone. If they do not change their ways, theirs is a fate of destruction. Go on.”

As she stepped back, Bobby seemed in a particular hurry to leave, he was running a finger across his slightly punctured throat. Soon, he was out of sight.

“What do you think?” Artemis asked. “You think he’ll change his ways?”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 pm

Henry Lynch

“What do you think?” Artemis asked. “You think he’ll change his ways?”

Lynch watched the young man flee out of the alley. A smile of indifference was visible, but Lynch was thinking of other things.

"Depends. Someone might kill him from the information you ask him to give." Lynch said to Artemis. The sky was starting to darken from the approaching twilight. Is it already late? Damn, the two of them must have been busy for sure..

"Let's make sure that we have our weapons ready. I could go for a little dinner back at the flat, before we are going to attack the chop shop tonight." Lynch said calmly to Artemis, before he gave a remark.

"The cops will most likely write off what we did back at Ludwig Square. I'm not surprised by this, but... perhaps we can use the chop shop as our calling card?"

Philip Mazus

Philip Mazus wasn't having a good week for himself.

His favorite dog had to be sent to the vet due to a health scare and now he has to hire in more goons, since some of his workers had gotten high off of that NXK shit. That son of a bitch Dolan.. It wasn't good for business..

Philip Mazus was a moderate-leveled criminal with connections to Dolan and the trafficking organization that he runs. Mazus got the simple job of running a chop shop in Starkweather disguised as an auto shop. If anyone's car got stolen, it most likely ended up here. Mazus would get the stolen cars and keeps them stashed in the junkyard for a week or month, until the heat on them died down. After the stolen goods were no longer hot, he would get them into the building, so that his men can chop up the cars, piece by piece.

It was an illegal and dangerous job. That's why Mazus hired goons who were mechanics in their spare time. Many might be surprised on how expensive some spare car parts can be. Depending on how luxurious a car was, a stolen engine could be worth more than 10 grand. After the car is chopped out, Mazus would consult with buyers who are interested in the parts. Sometimes, someone might get him to make hiding places in certain vehicles to stash tons of drugs to get by authorities. In certain cases, there might be an already wrecked car in the scrapyard that someone wants, despite the value being low. Dolan seemed to want a busted RV for some reason. Mazus didn't want to know why. He had to do what business demanded.

He was supervising some of his new men spray painting chrome onto some parts, until he heard some commotion coming from where the parts were being processed. Great, what now? Philip went into the wide open area, where one of his workers, a young lad named Bobby Quinn was yelling all sorts of random stuff to some of the indoor guards.

"This shit is serious! They are going to come here to fucking kill us!" Quinn yelled, until Mazus appeared. "Quinn, the hell is up with you?!"
"Mazus! I fucked up! They are going to be here to kill us!!"
"Who? What did you do?" Mazus calmed down, but he needed to know what Bobby did.

"There are these two people that jumped me! One of them called herself Artemis and was about to kill me in front of this queer-looking Hannibal Lecter asshole! They wanted to know where this place was!!" Bobby said to Mazus. Mazus suddenly realized that Bobby did something that no one was meant to do on this type of job.

Bobby Quinn snitched.

"And you spilt your guts to them!?" Mazus went up to Bobby, putting his hand around his throat. Philip Mazus may be a chop shop owner, but he lifted enough weight to snap Bobby's neck if he wanted to. "They were going to kill me! What was I supposed to do?!" Bobby yelled as hard as he can, though it came out muffled, due to Philip's heavy hand around his throat.

"You let two random thugs know the address of our operation! You were supposed to keep your mouth shut! Who are they?! What did they want?!" Mazus asked Quinn, while one of the armed guards got a wrench ready, so Mazus can beat the info out of Quinn. "The queer guy was looking for his trailer that we stole!" Quinn blurted out, where Mazus stopped for a brief moment. Instead, he tossed Quinn onto the floor.

"What do they want with the trailer?" Mazus suddenly said in a less enraged tone. "I don't know! All I know is that this one chick is fucking insane! She called herself Artemis and said that a new order is coming!" Bobby said to Mazus and the others, causing them to look at each other in confusion. "The hell are you talking about?" Mazus pressed Quinn for more answers.

"She said that Artemis, the Goddess of Justice is coming for you guys.. She wants to punish all evil, she says.. I.. I don't know what's up with her! She might be an addict on that NXK shit!" Bobby continued speaking to Mazus.

"You sure that it was just the two of them? They weren't sent by one of the gangs? Not Lupton's men?" Mazus asked. "No.. They never name dropped him or anyone related.. It was just those two.."

Philip Mazus thought about the situation for a moment. One of the guards gave him the wrench, causing Mazus to start patting it on his open hand in thought. "I could just beat your teeth out and throw you into the crusher, but I don't see the issue that we are going to be attacked by two lunatics who are going to fail to kill us. Did you see anyone else besides two people, Quinn?" Mazus said. A sense of trying to scare Quinn in a calm manner.

"It was just the two-"
"Then I don't see a problem." Mazus said, putting his hands behind his back. "Two people planning on striking our chop shop will be rough work. I mean, come on, Quinn! Don't you see the guards everywhere?! They have assault rifles! It's not like some sci-fi book, where the two have protection from God. If they show up, we'll gun them down."
"Right right.." Bobby wanted to leave the chop shop, however.

"So.. is it possible I can have the night off?" Bobby asked him. "Nope, you revealed our location. Now if they show up, you're going to let them know that you warned us." Mazus said, but this response caused Quinn to laugh nervously. "Actually, I think I do have a doctor's appointment. I think I should really be g-" Bobby Quinn stopped speaking, when Philip's look turned into a death glare. The other guards and workers were looking at him with angry scowls. "I can stay for tonight! Yeah, I think they were just buffing!" Quinn immediately said, getting Mazus's approval.

"Now, get to work! We have a lot of parts that needs to be shipped soon. It's part of the rule of business. Too much inventory and we don't get anything." Mazus demanded, before he went back to his office to make a private phone call, while Quinn and the others were forced to work in the chop shop.

Chapter 7: Out of Commission

Henry Lynch

It was darkened and hazy evening by the chop shop near the scrapyard. In front of the chop shop was a large neon sign "Route 66 Auto Repairs and Wreckers" with some old rusted metal cut-outs of cars. The building was composed of the main auto shop with two large warehouses, where the cars are chopped up. Mazus's office was on the upper floor of the building that was overlooking a car crusher in the middle of the scrapyard. In front of the chop shop, a familiar car pulled up in front of the place in an alley in front of it. Several guards with large pipes were at the front of the auto shop entrance and the fence that was blocking the entry to the scrapyard. Some guns can be seen in their belts in makeshift holsters.

"This is the place. What's your game plan? Both outside and inside should be swarming with guards." Lynch asked Artemis, expecting an ambush. Both of them had loaded up extra weapons in the trunk of the car when they got back to the flat, but they needed to still converse ammo. "We need to make sure my trailer isn't scrapped, too. That kid might have mentioned it to them and started keying it." Lynch also mentioned, getting his knife and a pistol that was scavenged for the attack onto the chop shop.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse