NATION

PASSWORD

1970s: Global Wrath (Early MT/OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:20 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Official Name of the Country: Republic of Gavdos
Acronym of the Country Name: Gavdos
Government Type: Presidential Republic

The President (Proedros) is elected directly by the people for a term of five years. The Parliament (Vouli) has ten MPs (Vouleutes), elected every two years. This means that the President may have to work with a Parliament controlled by the opposition. The two parties of Gavdos are:

National Hope - Right Wing: Fiscally and socially conservative, wants close relations with Greece and Britain.
Liberal Alliance - Centrist: Fiscally and socially moderate, wants a more diversified foreign policy.

Head of Government: Sofoklis Alexiandres
Head of State: Sofoklis Alexiandres
Official Language(s): Greek
Lingua Franca(s): Greek
Dialling Code: +210
Population: 185
Population Growth Rate: 1%
GDP: US$800,000
GDP Per Capita: US$3,275
Average Income: US$1,101
Economic Growth Rate: 1.2%
Major Industries: Tourism, Agriculture
Territorial Claim: Gavdos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavdos) and Gavdopoula (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavdopoula)
Special Requests Regarding Territorial Claims:
Military Size:

15 soldiers/policemen of the National Guard - the NG serves as both a police force and the official military of Gavdos.
4 Sailors and 1 Vessel of the Coast Guard.

Military Budget (As a percentage of the GDP): 10%
Aliances and Affiliations: Pro-Western. As an ethnically Greek island and former British colony, it outsources much of its defense to Greece and Britain.
History of the Nation:

In 1895, the islands of Gavdos and Gavdopoula were leased to the British Empire by the Ottoman Empire. The small islands were used by the British as storage facilities, especially for travels of British vessels to the British colony of Cyprus and British-influenced Egypt. In 1931, Gavdos was given autonomy as the British permitted the formation of a local parliament (Vouli). During WWII, the islands were occupied by Germany. After their liberation, despite protests by the Kingdom of Greece, Gavdos and Gavdopoula remained British territories until 1961. British rule led to urbanization due to investments in Gavdos and better infrastructure. In 1961, Gavdos and Gavdopoula became independent as the 'Republic of Gavdos', the British no longer being interested in administering this tiny bit of land. A referendum in 1962 rejected union with Greece, as many of the inhabitants had republican sympathies and an antipathy for the Greek monarchy (a sentiment shared by the Greek island of Crete in the north). Instead, a Treaty of Cooperation was signed in Athens in 1963, establishing an agreement that Greece would be responsible for Gavdos' defense in exchange for freedom of movement between the two countries and close foreign policy cooperation. Since then, Gavdos has remained a stable, albeit tiny, independent nation.

National Challenges (List between 3 and 5 major issue that plague your nation during this time period):

1) Infrastructure - While the British invested into the islands and Gavdos has basic infrastructures, it needs more investments and public works if it is to fully capitalize on its tourism industry.

2) Micronation - Being a tiny island nation of only 185 inhabitants means that Gavdos barely has any voice in international affairs and is ignored by most of the world.

3) Economic Development - While tourism and agriculture provide enough income to keep the state functional and the population more or less meeting their life needs, Gavdos has a long way to go to become a truly prosperous nation.

4) Healthcare and Education - Gavdos has only one school and one medical facility. While so far they have proved enough for the tiny population, more investment may be necessary.

Accepted. A very interesting nation to say the least.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Would the resident micro-nation be interested in investments from the Flemish-Walloon Ponzi scheme? :p
Last edited by Wasi State on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chedastan Puppet

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Wasi State wrote:Would the resident micro-nation be interested in investments from the Flemish-Walloon Ponzi scheme? :p

Maybe yes, maybe not. :p
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:
Wasi State wrote:Would the resident micro-nation be interested in investments from the Flemish-Walloon Ponzi scheme? :p

Maybe yes, maybe not. :p

Just get yourself and ten of your friends for a 'special' bonus share in the market :p.
Chedastan Puppet

Neo Yeetia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Yeetia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:27 pm

I made an account so I could try my hand in this, I mainly just browse the forums from time to time and yours caught my eye! I just had a few questions;
Do you need answers to all the country application questions?
And how active do you think this will be?

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:47 pm

Neo Yeetia wrote:I made an account so I could try my hand in this, I mainly just browse the forums from time to time and yours caught my eye! I just had a few questions;

1. Yes, you need to fill out the whole aplication save for the "Special Requests Regarding Territorial Claims" section since it is optional.

2. This is going to be fairly active, but the activity is based primarily on how active the player base is. And that is subject to change.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Neo Yeetia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Yeetia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Monsone wrote:
Neo Yeetia wrote:I made an account so I could try my hand in this, I mainly just browse the forums from time to time and yours caught my eye! I just had a few questions;

1. Yes, you need to fill out the whole aplication save for the "Special Requests Regarding Territorial Claims" section since it is optional.

2. This is going to be fairly active, but the activity is based primarily on how active the player base is. And that is subject to change.

Got it! Just having a hard time finding some specifics for 1970

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:13 pm

Alirght. Once you have completed you application and it has been accepted, you may begin work on your ORBAT. It is not mandatory, but suggested if you want to wage war.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Neo Yeetia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Yeetia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 pm

How to do that with Luxembourg, hmmm...

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Neo Yeetia wrote:How to do that with Luxembourg, hmmm...

Luxembourg has been special requested by Flanders-Wallonia already, though I'm not sure how Monsone plans to manage that.
Chedastan Puppet

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Neo Yeetia wrote:How to do that with Luxembourg, hmmm...

Luxembourg has been special requested by Flanders-Wallonia already, though I'm not sure how Monsone plans to manage that.

First come, first serve. Whomever claimed it first, get's it.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Neo Yeetia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Yeetia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:41 pm

Wait is it claimed already?

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Neo Yeetia wrote:Wait is it claimed already?

Yes.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 pm

ORBAT: Union of Flanders-Wallonia, circa 1970

Commander: Prince Charles, Count of Flanders
Chief of Staff: Lieutenant General Baron Georges Vivario

Land Component Divisions:

1st Infantry Division, 10,000 Men.
2nd Infantry Division, 10,000 Men.
3rd Infantry Division, 10,000 Men.
4th Infantry Division, 10,000 Men.
1st Motorized Division, 7,500 Men.
2nd Motorized Division, 7,500 Men.
3rd Motorized Division, 7,500 Men
1st Armored Brigade, 5,000 Men.
2nd Armored Brigade, 5,000 Men.
1st Airborne Brigade, 5,000 Men.

Air Component:

4,000 Men.

Navy Component:

3,500 Men.

85,000 Men Total in Active Military Personnel.

Army Reserves:

Flemish Legion, 5,000 Men.
Walloon Legion, 5,000 Men.
Brussels Legion, 5,000 Men.

15,000 Men Total in Reserves.

PMC Units:
Léopoldville Legion, 2,500 Men.
Élisabethville Legion, 2,500 Men.
Degrelle Legion, 2,500 Men.
King Albert Legion, 2,500 Men

10,000 Men Total in PMC.
Chedastan Puppet

Neo Yeetia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Yeetia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:52 pm

Monsone wrote:
Neo Yeetia wrote:Wait is it claimed already?

Yes.

Dang

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Neo Yeetia wrote:
Monsone wrote:Yes.

Dang

There are plenty of other countries to choose from though.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Neo Yeetia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Yeetia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Yeah just gotta think! I spent a bit looking at its past.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 pm

Neo Yeetia wrote:Yeah just gotta think! I spent a bit looking at its past.

There is always Japan.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 pm

I was thinking of doing Monarchist Greece but that would require a POD in the 1910s. I can't even change the Greek Civil War in 1945.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Union Princes wrote:I was thinking of doing Monarchist Greece but that would require a POD in the 1910s. I can't even change the Greek Civil War in 1945.

Greece was a monarchy until 1973. Maybe create a Greece where the Regime of Colonels doesn't take place and the monarchy will survive even longer.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Monsone wrote:
Union Princes wrote:I was thinking of doing Monarchist Greece but that would require a POD in the 1910s. I can't even change the Greek Civil War in 1945.

Greece was a monarchy until 1973. Maybe create a Greece where the Regime of Colonels doesn't take place and the monarchy will survive even longer.

Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Now that's something interesting. A monarchist ant-communist Greece that directly borders the Warsaw Pact.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:34 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Monsone wrote:Greece was a monarchy until 1973. Maybe create a Greece where the Regime of Colonels doesn't take place and the monarchy will survive even longer.

Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Now that's something interesting. A monarchist ant-communist Greece that directly borders the Warsaw Pact.

I like the sound of this!
Mohn-sohn-eh

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:39 pm

I think I'm going to reserve an Iran, an Iran we're the year 1953 ended very differently

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:41 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:I think I'm going to reserve an Iran, an Iran we're the year 1953 ended very differently

Duly noted. Iran is a great nation for alt-history, so this will be interesting to see.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 pm

tag for interest
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse