NATION

PASSWORD

1970s: Global Wrath (Early MT/OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Monsone, also was meaning to ask if I could kick off the India Pakistan War (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971) in my next post? Working on a bit of an accelerated timeline courtesy of alt-history.
Last edited by Bentus on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 pm

Bentus wrote:Monsone, also was meaning to ask if I could kick off the India Pakistan War (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971) in my next post? Working on a bit of an accelerated timeline courtesy of alt-history.

Sure. I'll do a post for Pakistan since it is an NPC.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 pm

I propose that the German Empire at least talks with Reagan before storming out of NATO because of something the US didn’t even participate in,
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Alright, so who would be Pakistan's major allies in this RP? I'd imagine to an extent France would be (though only on the condition of selling weapons) as well as China (though they're moribund and unlikely to do much). Perhaps the Imperial Federation has closer ties to Pakistan in this RP than Pakistan had with the UK IRL?
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Chewion wrote:I propose that the German Empire at least talks with Reagan before storming out of NATO because of something the US didn’t even participate in,

No. We have had enough of Reagan and his antics.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:41 pm

Monsone wrote:Alright, so who would be Pakistan's major allies in this RP? I'd imagine to an extent France would be (though only on the condition of selling weapons) as well as China (though they're moribund and unlikely to do much). Perhaps the Imperial Federation has closer ties to Pakistan in this RP than Pakistan had with the UK IRL?

It depends.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Monsone wrote:Alright, so who would be Pakistan's major allies in this RP? I'd imagine to an extent France would be (though only on the condition of selling weapons) as well as China (though they're moribund and unlikely to do much). Perhaps the Imperial Federation has closer ties to Pakistan in this RP than Pakistan had with the UK IRL?

It depends.

Irl the US was a close ally to Pakistan under Nixon, while India leaned a bit more towards the Soviets - especially in the 70s. China was also a close supporter, and held some animosity towards India due to their earlier conflict.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Bentus wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:It depends.

Irl the US was a close ally to Pakistan under Nixon, while India leaned a bit more towards the Soviets - especially in the 70s. China was also a close supporter, and held some animosity towards India due to their earlier conflict.

Surely western nations like Germany (either one) would help

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:47 pm

I could imagine Flanders-Wallonia would had sent at least some amount of material aid to Pakistan in accordance to maintaining a more pro-Western arms trade.
Chedastan Puppet

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:47 pm

Bentus wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:It depends.

I'm talking about in this RP specifically. China is in no position to wage any offensive wars, and India is much closer to the USA in this RP. That is why I suggested the Imperial Federation as a possibility (since IRL India was much closer to the UK than in this RP). Similarly, the UAR could arguably be called an ally as well as some other non-aligned countries, but by in large, Pakistan is much more isolated in this RP than IRL.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:14 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Chewion wrote:I propose that the German Empire at least talks with Reagan before storming out of NATO because of something the US didn’t even participate in,

.....what did he do?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Chewion wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:No. We have had enough of Reagan and his antics.

.....what did he do?

He has basically ignored West Germany this entire time and hasn’t helped a second in the Flemish-German crisis, and has basically sucked up to the Flemish in NATO

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
Chewion wrote:.....what did he do?

He has basically ignored West Germany this entire time and hasn’t helped a second in the Flemish-German crisis, and has basically sucked up to the Flemish in NATO

What? Dude I’ve put out two posts and it’s literally the US trying to figure out what has happened. I don’t have the OOC knowledge ICly as I do irl.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Monsone wrote:There has been a rule update. The new rules are posted on the first post and are also attached below.

[1] The words and rullings of the OP and Co-OP are the law. Said decisions are final and will not be overturned without a good reason to do so and a proper argument to back it up.

[2] This is an advanced RP. You will need to create an ORBAT as well as a list of your nation's military equiptment, your nation's major industries, your nation's population trends, and other more advanced information typically not required in many RPs. It will take plenty of diligence and effort to create and aplication and to participated in this RP. So please don't complain when the RP seems to complicated because you where forewarned.

[3] Timing and time progression in the RP will be bassed one the activity of the participants in the RP and is subject to change. If you have any issues with the timing, let me know.

[4] The glorification of atrocities, cromes against humanity, and other horrible things is not allowed in the OOC and is discouraged in the IC. If you're RP-ing as certain nations, you may want to be as discrete about said topics if you must right about them in the IC And remember, not bloody details.

[5] Keep everything PG-13. Mild cursing is allowed in the IC. But in the OOC, keep things respectful and civilized as well as on topic.

[6] You may RP as up to one nation and one factio/terrorist group in this RP. It can be a made up group or an IRL group like the IRA.

[7] The point of divergence is 1950. Anything before that may not be changed unless specifically allowed by OP or the Co-OP. anyhting after 1950 is pretty much open the changes though it must be kept within reality and the changes must also be in accordance with the major changes in the timeline laid out in the previous soilered section.

[8]No godmodding or metagaming. If any of these issues occur, please contact the OP or Co-OP immediately by telegram with the incirminating evidence as well.

[9] All technologies are developed at the same time as IRL. You can introduce them into use earlier than IRL by cutting down the testing period by that will have negative side effects like increased failure rates and possibly higher injury rates too.

[10] Posts must be at a minimum three paragraphs long. If the post has dialouge, the dialouge must have at least two seperate parts spoken by two different people. Images are not mandatory, but are encouraged and if possible, feel free to use them to help convery a point in your posts.

[11] Failure to comply with these rules will result in a three strikes policy. Strike one is a warning, strike two is another warning, and strike three is removal from the RP for being a repeated rule breaker.

Remember to have fun!

Monsone, how is my Israel app?
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:02 pm

It was a crisis that West Germany started because Mathuvan Union failed to write a proper diplomatic mission to Flanders-Walloon. He sent his Kaiser to do diplo talks when 1. The Kaiser has no authority to make treaties since West Germany is a Constitutional Monarchy and 2. Flanders-Walloon is having internal unrest whe the "meeting" was taking place. This entire situation is entirely West Germany player's fault, since Mathuvan didn't read the political and social climate in Flanders-Walloon competently enough. And now he has the audacity to think Reagan is at fault?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:03 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Official Name of the Country:State of Israel
Acronym of the Country Name:Isr
Government Type:Parliamentary Republic
Head of Government:Prime Minister Golda Meir
Head of State:President Zalman Shazar
Official Language(s):Hebrew,English
Lingua Franca(s):Hebrew,English
Dialling Code:+972
Population:3.45 million
Population Growth Rate:3.3%
GDP:7.049 billion USD
GDP Per Capita:2,370.10 USD
Average Income:15000 USD
Economic Growth Rate:3.02%
Major Industries:Cut diamonds, pharmaceuticals, machinery and equipment, medical instruments,agricultural products, chemicals, textiles and apparel. Raw materials, military equipment, motor vehicles, investment goods, rough diamonds,grain, consumer goods.
Territorial Claim:Modern Israel plus the Gaza Strip,the West Bank
Special Requests Regarding Territorial Claims:
Military Size:200,000 active; 500,000 reserve
Military Budget (As a percentage of the GDP):20%
Aliances and Affiliations:UN, US-Israeli Alliance
History of the Nation:Same as IRL except the oil crisis happens earlier.
National Challenges (List between 3 and 5 major issue that plague your nation during this time period):The growing threat from the Arab countries,the oil crisis and a strong Soviet Union
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:

Mathuvan, Nixon is the President in 1970

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:06 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:No. We have had enough of Reagan and his antics.

Mathuvan, Nixon is the President in 1970

Not in this timeline. In short, the 1968 Oil Crisis brough Reagan to the White House.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:06 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Mathuvan, Nixon is the President in 1970

Chewion's app has Reagan elected early due to the Oil Crisis
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Major Industries:Cut diamonds, pharmaceuticals, machinery and equipment, medical instruments,agricultural products, chemicals, textiles and apparel. Raw materials, military equipment, motor vehicles, investment goods, rough diamonds,grain, consumer goods.
National Challenges (List between 3 and 5 major issue that plague your nation during this time period):The growing threat from the Arab countries,the oil crisis and a strong Soviet Union

Please elaborate further on the threats you nation faces. Explain how they affect your nation, and explain what challenges they will cause in the future.
Mohn-sohn-eh

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Union Princes wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Mathuvan, Nixon is the President in 1970

Chewion's app has Reagan elected early due to the Oil Crisis

If I remember correctly, Reagan was Democrat at this time

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:33 pm

National Challenges (List between 3 and 5 major issue that plague your nation during this time period):The growing threat from the Arab countries due to their threats to push Israel back into the sea,the oil crisis that has been causing an economic downturn in Israel and countries that support Israel and a strong,resurgent Soviet Union who has been supplying the Arab countries with arms and money

How about that?

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Have a look at my app now Monsone?

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:15 pm

National Challenges (List between 3 and 5 major issue that plague your nation during this time period):The growing threat from the Arab countries due to their threats to push Israel back into the sea,the oil crisis that has been causing an economic downturn in Israel and countries that support Israel and a strong,resurgent Soviet Union who has been supplying the Arab countries with arms and money

How about that?

Accepted.
Mohn-sohn-eh

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Hey everybody, Israel is here and ready to take on the world. ;)
I will post soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse