NATION

PASSWORD

The Good Days are Gone: USA Political RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:"Just an amendment that allows it, if enough state legislatures approve it. Agberin isn't the most popular person and neither was President Johanson for his handling of the Plague and COVID-73, but none were removed, at least, not naturally. It should be an option."

Jaye stood up again.

"I decline and agree with the Governor and Senator over this mad proposal. This is the President's First year and your already suggesting a proposal like this? Who agrees with me!"

At this point, Jaye was ushered into his sea by Sillsman, Scotts, and the Democratic Senator of Maine behind him. However, a wave of "Agreed." went through the Senate. It was mostly Republicans and smaller parties, but some Democratic also agreed. Jaye fury-looked at Lewis.
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
"Governor, why are you suggesting such?"

Jaye's words, not Sillsman's echoed through the room.

"Just an amendment that allows it, if enough state legislatures approve it. Agberin isn't the most popular person and neither was President Johanson for his handling of the Plague and COVID-73, but none were removed, at least, not naturally. It should be an option."

"Mr. Lewis, my Colleague from the Freestate Party is correct. What you propose is pure madness of the highest degree. Tell me what he has done to deserve such a thing? Our economy is doing well so I see no reason to boot him from office. The only one that should have that right is the American people, not us."
Benuty wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:"You seem to forget the last time our two states attempted to leave to go their own way because it didn't go well. The U.S Supreme Court even said the succession isn't permitted by the Constitution. You say that the plague 16 years ago was the US government's fault when it wasn't. I lost two of my little brothers and several cousins to that plague and yet I hold no grudge against this government whatsoever. People like you don't deserve to be in government of any kind. Any succession movement will just lead to a repeat of the civil war we had 229 years ago. I will see all who support succession executed if you try to rip your states from this Union. Remember what Abraham Lincoln once said: United we stand, divided we fall. USA USA USA USA USA!!!!" You can hear many of her fellow Republicans chanting along with her.

Once the chanting died down, The governor retorted "I care not what an Alabamian has to say on my status as governor of Virginia. Only Virginians have any say on my position, fortunately, and quite frankly it was the government's fault. Whose decision was it to abandon the people of the southeast? The president of the United States hid in a bunker as people died in the streets, and its any wonder the man died of a heart attack when he did. As for your threats, you would be condemning thousands to die all for the sake of a farce which died in the 2040s...the sick man of the North American continent has passed its prime".

The governor sat down again, but not before addressing the economic concerns of Mr. Lewis "Economies are such a fickle thing as the past decades have demonstrated, but I concede you have a point. Yet I don't intend to leave my countrymen (referring to Virginians) to the wolves. We would remain neutral in the affairs of loyalist states...the people want peace. I won't sentence people to die in some horrid front fighting Ohioan loyalists...there has been enough death. On that matter of economics, I wonder what might happen with the U.S dollar?".

Angela turns to the governor of Virginia with a sneer on her face, "Well my dear sir, I'm not just Alabaman, I'm an American first. You are an American as well and should act like it. You act like that fool Robert E. Lee who was a great general but a fool netherless. Remember that document called the United States Constitution that you swore an oath to protect and defend?
I might not be a resident of Virginia but those are Americans that live there and if you do try to secede, we know who to blame for the start of the Second American Civil War."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:17 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
Jaye stood up again.

"I decline and agree with the Governor and Senator over this mad proposal. This is the President's First year and your already suggesting a proposal like this? Who agrees with me!"

At this point, Jaye was ushered into his sea by Sillsman, Scotts, and the Democratic Senator of Maine behind him. However, a wave of "Agreed." went through the Senate. It was mostly Republicans and smaller parties, but some Democratic also agreed. Jaye fury-looked at Lewis.
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:"Just an amendment that allows it, if enough state legislatures approve it. Agberin isn't the most popular person and neither was President Johanson for his handling of the Plague and COVID-73, but none were removed, at least, not naturally. It should be an option."

"Mr. Lewis, my Colleague from the Freestate Party is correct. What you propose is pure madness of the highest degree. Tell me what he has done to deserve such a thing? Our economy is doing well so I see no reason to boot him from office. The only one that should have that right is the American people, not us."
Benuty wrote:Once the chanting died down, The governor retorted "I care not what an Alabamian has to say on my status as governor of Virginia. Only Virginians have any say on my position, fortunately, and quite frankly it was the government's fault. Whose decision was it to abandon the people of the southeast? The president of the United States hid in a bunker as people died in the streets, and its any wonder the man died of a heart attack when he did. As for your threats, you would be condemning thousands to die all for the sake of a farce which died in the 2040s...the sick man of the North American continent has passed its prime".

The governor sat down again, but not before addressing the economic concerns of Mr. Lewis "Economies are such a fickle thing as the past decades have demonstrated, but I concede you have a point. Yet I don't intend to leave my countrymen (referring to Virginians) to the wolves. We would remain neutral in the affairs of loyalist states...the people want peace. I won't sentence people to die in some horrid front fighting Ohioan loyalists...there has been enough death. On that matter of economics, I wonder what might happen with the U.S dollar?".

Angela turns to the governor of Virginia with a sneer on her face, "Well my dear sir, I'm not just Alabaman, I'm an American first. You are an American as well and should act like it. You act like that fool Robert E. Lee who was a great general but a fool netherless. Remember that document called the United States Constitution that you swore an oath to protect and defend?
I might not be a resident of Virginia but those are Americans that live there and if you do try to secede, we know who to blame for the start of the Second American Civil War."

"Well, I never said to boot him, I have no gripe against Agberin. But seems no one agrees with me. Seems this amendment won't come to pass."
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:47 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
Jaye stood up again.

Benuty wrote:Once the chanting died down, The governor retorted "I care not what an Alabamian has to say on my status as governor of Virginia. Only Virginians have any say on my position, fortunately, and quite frankly it was the government's fault. Whose decision was it to abandon the people of the southeast? The president of the United States hid in a bunker as people died in the streets, and its any wonder the man died of a heart attack when he did. As for your threats, you would be condemning thousands to die all for the sake of a farce which died in the 2040s...the sick man of the North American continent has passed its prime".

The governor spoke back to Angela "I swore no such oath, but the one to the constitution of Virginia. I have no desire for war, but surely you don't intend to put down the Californians like dogs when they leave this 'union' do you? This whole matter is merely delaying the inevitable, and timeless truth that nations rise, and fall. I don't pretend to be Robert E Lee, I am merely just a governor enacting his peoples will...the very will they voted me in for. Call me a domestic enemy if you will, but it makes no difference when history presides as the judge of us all".
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Democratic Of North America
Civilian

Founded: May 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Of North America » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:56 pm

This Is The End Of The United States Democracy

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:52 pm

Senator Illinois Nickles stood and began to speak. "My fellow colleagues," he began. "I understand that today is a momentous day. And I also understand that the matter we're debating is sensitive. However, I request that we all behave civilly. Remember, the Founding Fathers intended for the Senate to be the more...aristocratic body of the legislature."

Nickles stopped briefly to ensure his message got across, and continued. "As for a vote of no confidence, I must say that such a measure would be unconstitutional. The closest thing we have to that is impeachment, which I do not believe is necessary. And even if it were, the House of Representatives would need to draft the articles. Lastly, for Virginia specifically, the issue on the economic effects of the dissolution of this country can easily be solved if we broke into smaller countries, but not fifty-three. For example, Virginia could unite with the rest of the south. My state of Illinois can form a union with the surrounding states like Indiana, Wisconsin, et cetera."

"And we must also remember that the Founding Fathers original goal was not to draft a new constitution in 1787, but that's exactly what they did. Today, we meet in the same context that the Founding Fathers were in at Philadelphia. And going forward, I would like for all of us to refrain from referring to each other as a 'traitor'. If such needless bickering continues, I'm afraid censure measures must be considered."

Nickles sat down and awaited the response from his speech.
Last edited by Asardia on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:35 am

Governor Lewis stood up, and faced in the direction of senator Nickles."You can't be serious about dissolving the nation. If you do that, the new ones will immediately start fighting. Multiple areas in the US used to be contested, and will be again as soon as the central authority in Washington is dissolved. And that's not mentioning the effects it would have on other nations. The European Federation is still in a dire situation after the Visegrad war, with the protests in Southern Romania and Turkey. As soon as we dissolve, the protests will explode, the Eurasian Union will invade, the EF will be ripped apart, and the Eurasians will spread their democratic...monarchist sympathizing...anti-fascist...pro-multicultural...anti-multi-THEY WIN THE COLD WAR!"
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:56 am

Benuty wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:"Mr. Lewis, my Colleague from the Freestate Party is correct. What you propose is pure madness of the highest degree. Tell me what he has done to deserve such a thing? Our economy is doing well so I see no reason to boot him from office. The only one that should have that right is the American people, not us."

The governor spoke back to Angela "I swore no such oath, but the one to the constitution of Virginia. I have no desire for war, but surely you don't intend to put down the Californians like dogs when they leave this 'union' do you? This whole matter is merely delaying the inevitable, and timeless truth that nations rise, and fall. I don't pretend to be Robert E Lee, I am merely just a governor enacting his peoples will...the very will they voted me in for. Call me a domestic enemy if you will, but it makes no difference when history presides as the judge of us all".

Lewis then turned to Governor Ferrar, his eyes now less widened."You do realize the republicans have a plurality in both houses, right? Judging by Simmons hawkish response, they will declare war on you in an instant,assuming they get enough support. Then the more secessionist states would break away, and before you know it, we have a second American Civil War, with Mexico potentially joining."

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:10 am

Benuty wrote:

Lewis then turned to Governor Ferrar, his eyes now less widened."You do realize the republicans have a plurality in both houses, right? Judging by Simmons hawkish response, they will declare war on you in an instant,assuming they get enough support. Then the more secessionist states would break away, and before you know it, we have a second American Civil War, with Mexico potentially joining."

Jaye was going to stand up again, but was beaten by Sillsman.

"Lewis, clam yourself! Everyone, clam yourself! We aren't split yet, are we?! We need to cooperate with each other for the time being! Right now, our main issue is Mexico, not Civil War! Everyone agree?"

Most Senate stayed quiet, although the majority of Democrats raised their hands to get on with the meeting. The President did too.

"President, what is your idea to address the conflicts on our Mexican Border?"

Sillsman said this all while glaring at Lewis.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:00 am

Tranzoria wrote:
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:Lewis then turned to Governor Ferrar, his eyes now less widened."You do realize the republicans have a plurality in both houses, right? Judging by Simmons hawkish response, they will declare war on you in an instant,assuming they get enough support. Then the more secessionist states would break away, and before you know it, we have a second American Civil War, with Mexico potentially joining."

"Lewis, clam yourself! Everyone, clam yourself! We aren't split yet, are we?! We need to cooperate with each other for the time being! Right now, our main issue is Mexico, not Civil War! Everyone agree?"

Most Senate stayed quiet, although the majority of Democrats raised their hands to get on with the meeting. The President did too.

"As much as I am trying to stay reasonable" Lewis began."The Republicans are extremely antagonistic towards any move to make states independent. Right now, Mexico is a weak nation, that, besides funding terrorists for some revanchism, hasn't done anything to dangerous, not to mention they're poor, and out of the twelve communist nations, they're the richest one. However, Mr. Ferrar is an open secessionist, and judging by the republicans recent chant they are keen on doing what they did 229 years ago-keep America united. As a compromise however, I'll go back to the first amendment I proposed-allow states, in various ways, to gain autonomy and independence."

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:14 am

Tranzoria wrote:

"As much as I am trying to stay reasonable" Lewis began."The Republicans are extremely antagonistic towards any move to make states independent. Right now, Mexico is a weak nation, that, besides funding terrorists for some revanchism, hasn't done anything to dangerous, not to mention they're poor, and out of the twelve communist nations, they're the richest one. However, Mr. Ferrar is an open secessionist, and judging by the republicans recent chant they are keen on doing what they did 229 years ago-keep America united. As a compromise however, I'll go back to the first amendment I proposed-allow states, in various ways, to gain autonomy and independence."

"Well, Mr. Lewis, so am I, as you know. In fact, my father started the idea of 21st century succession. But you can see me cooperating right now, can you? I say let's ask everybody in this meeting if they are secessionist or not. And that's enough, and we can go on with Mexico, who is, by the way, been raiding and sending missiles at our border and border town from Texas. Of course, you wouldn't know as you don't live in Texas. I propose a Covert Mission to assassinate the Mexican General and know Terrorist, Francisco Belevaro."
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:43 am

Tranzoria wrote:
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:"As much as I am trying to stay reasonable" Lewis began."The Republicans are extremely antagonistic towards any move to make states independent. Right now, Mexico is a weak nation, that, besides funding terrorists for some revanchism, hasn't done anything to dangerous, not to mention they're poor, and out of the twelve communist nations, they're the richest one. However, Mr. Ferrar is an open secessionist, and judging by the republicans recent chant they are keen on doing what they did 229 years ago-keep America united. As a compromise however, I'll go back to the first amendment I proposed-allow states, in various ways, to gain autonomy and independence."

"Well, Mr. Lewis, so am I, as you know. In fact, my father started the idea of 21st century succession. But you can see me cooperating right now, can you? I say let's ask everybody in this meeting if they are secessionist or not. And that's enough, and we can go on with Mexico, who is, by the way, been raiding and sending missiles at our border and border town from Texas. Of course, you wouldn't know as you don't live in Texas. I propose a Covert Mission to assassinate the Mexican General and know Terrorist, Francisco Belevaro."

"Well, I'm not secessionist. I do agree regarding Francisco Belevaro. About the amendment, I believe to gain autonomy, a state legislative and both houses of congress would need to ratify a bilateral treaty with two thirds of the vote from each. To gain independence, a referendum should be held within the state under observation of the UN, and if 60% vote Aye, the state will secede. That's my proposal for the 30th amendment."

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:48 am

Tranzoria wrote:

"Well, I'm not secessionist. I do agree regarding Francisco Belevaro. About the amendment, I believe to gain autonomy, a state legislative and both houses of congress would need to ratify a bilateral treaty with two thirds of the vote from each. To gain independence, a referendum should be held within the state under observation of the UN, and if 60% vote Aye, the state will secede. That's my proposal for the 30th amendment."

"When conflict comes to abrupt, we will pass the amendment. But not now. Everyone agree?"

A wave of Ayes went through the crowd as Sillsman awaited the Alabama Governor and Virginia Governor's Response.

"And can we all agree on the Assassination of Francisco Belevaro? We launch it from Louisiana on a Hirojet and let the Mission go on as planned with G-Ops team."

Another, but lesser, wave of Ayes went around.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:55 am

Tranzoria wrote:
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:"Well, I'm not secessionist. I do agree regarding Francisco Belevaro. About the amendment, I believe to gain autonomy, a state legislative and both houses of congress would need to ratify a bilateral treaty with two thirds of the vote from each. To gain independence, a referendum should be held within the state under observation of the UN, and if 60% vote Aye, the state will secede. That's my proposal for the 30th amendment."

"When conflict comes to abrupt, we will pass the amendment. But not now. Everyone agree?"

A wave of Ayes went through the crowd as Sillsman awaited the Alabama Governor and Virginia Governor's Response.

"And can we all agree on the Assassination of Francisco Belevaro? We launch it from Louisiana on a Hirojet and let the Mission go on as planned with G-Ops team."

"Aye, for both of them." Said Lewis."On top of that, I believe the convention should last from 6 AM to 10:30 PM each day. Are you in agreement?"

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:58 am

Tranzoria wrote:

"Aye, for both of them." Said Lewis."On top of that, I believe the convention should last from 6 AM to 10:30 PM each day. Are you in agreement?"

Everyone agreed, and the Meeting was quickly ended after a few more issues were addressed. The three men went back to their hotel, packed it up, and went to bed.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:15 am

As the meeting closed, the thoughts brewing in Lewis' mind came to the forefront. For now, he could see it-Senator Nickles arranged the convention at this time for a reason. While he tried to sleep, he simply couldn't. At 11:53, he got up to finally get the matter of his mind. He typed in a message to John Kolkjen, Joshua Woods, Alexander Sillsman, Felix Abernathy, Helen Sheffield, Randolph Ferrar, Analise Stormav, and Adrian Levisay. It read the following.

Fellow Senators, Representatives, and Governors,

Meet me at the Congressional Dining Hall at 5:00 AM tomorrow morning. We need to discuss an important matter together.

Yours truly, Jonathan Lewis

With that done, he went back to bed. it was 11:56. But, he found himself relaxed. His eyes began to falter. Lewis felt his body relax, his brain ease. And in a few minutes, he was having dreams. Dreams about the things to come.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Benuty wrote:

The governor replied to Lewis stating "I would hope they would be more sensible than that, even Lincoln was as he waited for aggression rather than pursue it". This was of course before Sillsman went around discussing the potential for a thirtieth amendment. He was taken aside by a man he recognized from the Californian delegation who whispered something in his ear. The convention assembly went home quietly with a somber tone only in part because of the frustrations between the growing camps of the convention. At his hotel room a letter arrived to which he responded with a curious "hmm" as he opened it, apparently a meeting was in the making of something big...as for what it was he could only guess.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 07, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Washington D.C.
The Constitutional Convention

Both the NC and SC delegations sat next to the Virginia delegation. Both the Carolinian delegations had mixed and mingled as friends sat near each other and it appeared as if they were one delegation rather than two. Both Governors, Joshua Woods of North Carolina and Henry Blake of South Carolina, sat nearest to the Governor of Virginia than the rest of their delegations. Woods had met the Virginian on a number of occasions, Blake only once or twice. They both admired the man and while their states remained neutral on the topic of secession and leaned against it, this man's message of peaceful - not violent - secession could sway the Carolinians to support non-violent and peaceful secession themselves.

They listened as the hall bickered back and forth on the topic of secession, the secessionists being called traitors in the process. They were particularly entertained by the discussion of having a vote of no confidence in the President himself. Woods had nudged his colleague during which to point out that Vice President Sheffield looked amused herself during that part of the bickering argument before the room.

Unfortunately, the meeting ended before they could join the bickering. They returned to their hotel rooms after departing, each checking their email to see something about a meeting at 5AM preceding the convention reconvening tomorrow. They'd be sure to show up.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Washington D.C.

Vice President Miranda Sheffield had gotten a headache at the convention throughout the day, growing tired of the bickering but having found parts of it amusing - such as talks of secession and the argument about a vote of no confidence to remove the President. She knew she shouldn't have been amused, but she couldn't help it. It was all entertaining and funny. She hoped she'd get to put some words in or answer some questions the next day. She also hoped the President would speak some more, whether it was to his benefit or not.

She arrived back at her home, the home that every Vice President has lived in since 1977. Funny, that, since it was only supposed to be a the Vice President's residence temporarily. The law that made it such maintains that the house is the "official temporary residence of the vice president of the United States." Congress was supposed to authorize another home to be the permanent residence of the Vice Presidency but never did. Miranda didn't mind, however, since she got to live in this beautiful house 113 years later. Despite being nearly 200 years old, the house is kept up-to-date with modern renovations every decade or so.

As she settled down for the night, she checked her email, seeing one from Jonathan Lewis, Governor of Massachusetts. Addressed to "Fellow Senators, Representatives, and Governors," she didn't believe she was supposed to receive the email but she made a mental note to arrive early to attend this meeting. He made it seem important, whether she was supposed to be included or not.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Washington, D.C.

Felix Abernathy III, one of California's two Senators, remained silent throughout the convention meeting on the first day, ignoring much of the bickering as he imagined hiking in the Sierra Nevada. Finally arriving back at his D.C. apartment, he checked his email before winding down for the night, seeing an email from the Governor of Massachusetts to meet with him and others at 5AM the next day, an hour before the convention would reconvene. He set his alarm earlier than he already had so that he would be able to make it. He wouldn't miss it for anything.
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Lewis slept a little longer than usual. He woke up, and checked the time. It was 4:22 AM. He dressed quickly, so instead of putting on a suit, he simply put on a checkered shirt and jeans. He packed up a small lunch of a sandwich and an apple. He'd get the rest at the Dining Hall. By the time he was ready, it was 4:34. The car drive took 5 minutes, and he got there at 4:41 AM. Then, as he peeked through the glass door, he saw something that scared his life out of him-Vice President Sheffield. He ducked behind the wall, hyperventilating.

Wait, did I invite her? She can't be here. The whole plan is in jeopardy. She'll rat us out to the republicans and-

Lewis then remembered-She was a democrat. He stopped breathing for half a second, and then let out a huge sigh of relief- probably the third biggest in his life. He put on a smile, and got in."Good morning, vice president Sheffield. Thank you for coming on such a short notice."He said, before sitting next to her."Soon the others should be here." He said, then went to get some more food and coffee.
Last edited by Exalted Inquellian State on Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:Lewis slept a little longer than usual. He woke up, and checked the time. It was 4:22 AM. He dressed quickly, so instead of putting on a suit, he simply put on a checkered shirt and jeans. He packed up a small lunch of a sandwich and an apple. He'd get the rest at the Dining Hall. By the time he was ready, it was 4:34. The car drive took 5 minutes, and he got there at 4:41 AM. Then, as he peeked through the glass door, he saw something that scared his life out of him-Vice President Sheffield. He ducked behind the wall, hyperventilating.

Wait, did I invite her? She can't be here. The whole plan is in jeopardy. She'll rat us out to the republicans and-

Lewis then remembered-She was a democrat. He stopped breathing for half a second, and then let out a huge sigh of relief- probably the third biggest in his life. He put on a smile, and got in."Good morning, vice president Sheffield. Thank you for coming on such a short notice."He said, before sitting next to her."Soon the others should be here." He said, then went to get some more food and coffee.

Miranda had woken earlier than she'd normally like, stopping at her favorite local coffee shop on the way into work. Well, more like she waited in the car because secret service wouldn't allow her to enter a coffee shop filled with other customers. One of her agents went in to grab her coffee. She then proceeded to the Capitol Building, arriving 20 minutes early by her watch. She could've slept in ten minutes.

She enters the room where she believes they're all supposed to be meeting, a handful of her secret service agents enter the room but she tells them all to stand outside. They agree only on the stipulation that one remains. She shakes her head but finally speaks, "Alright, Emily you may stay in here by the door. I assure you I'm perfectly fine however."

Sheffield finally turns to the only man in the room already, "It's a pleasure to meet you again Governor, I presume this meeting is of great importance for it to be held so early."
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Jonathan Lewis came back with his breakfast, consisting of chicken legs, cabbage, and a a donut for desert. He grabbed a bite of the leg beforehand, swallowed, put it down, and said."Yes, it is. I realized something Yesterday when my proposal for an amendment to allow a vote of no confidence to be held. There were a lot of republicans. This isn't horrible in and of itself, but I realized this convention was started about 10 months before the midterm. And then it hit me full force-intentionally or unintentionally, the convention is beneficial to the republicans. If it was intentional, Senator Nickles made it so that he could score a victory for the republicans and ensure their dominance in the midterms, while redeeming Agberin, and if not, it still means they'll block any amendments the leftist individuals and me find necessary." He took a bite of the the apple.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Annalise Stormav was watching the Atlanta Hawks on TV when her phone buzzed. Glancing at it, she saw that the governor of Massachusetts sent it. "Oh no, I should be in D.C right now! I'm glad he texted me."

The Georgia governor quickly informed her staff of her intentions on arriving in the nation's capital as soon as possible. There was a jet waiting for her at the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. They're going to be mad at me for missing day one of the convention, Analise thought to herself.

An hour later, her plane touched down at Reagan-Washington airport. Scrambling, Analise quickly exited and went to the hotel her staff booked for her. She slept for a few hours before waking up right before the meeting was supposed to start. Analise began walking to the Dining Hall.

Adrian Levislay

The senior New York Senator also received the text from Governor Lewis. He simply set an alarm for 4am and relaxed in his hotel room. Unfortunately for the rowdy senator, he didn't have the chance to say anything at the convention. Not like it mattered, anyway. It was only the first day and not much seemed to happen.

The following morning, Levislay was jolted awake by the incessant noise of his alarm clock. He slammed his fist on it to shut it off and got prepared for the day. Levislay took a taxi to the local McDonald's. "I may be a little late getting to this meeting" he said to himself. "But they need to understand that a man's gotta eat!"

With three Big Macs and two order of fries in his hands, Levislay entered the dining hall.

Elias Nickles

"That didn't go so well," he said as he laid in bed. "Why can't we all just get along?'

The Illinois senator turned on the Cooking Channel on the TV. Elias was able to relax a little until...

"Fool!" He exclaimed. "You're supposed to add the bacon after you finished the fries! God dammit."

In frustration, he switched the TV off and texted his wife.

My love,

Not everything is swell here. However, it does seem that we might make some progress. Tell John and Sally I love them.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Asardia wrote:Annalise Stormav was watching the Atlanta Hawks on TV when her phone buzzed. Glancing at it, she saw that the governor of Massachusetts sent it. "Oh no, I should be in D.C right now! I'm glad he texted me."

The Georgia governor quickly informed her staff of her intentions on arriving in the nation's capital as soon as possible. There was a jet waiting for her at the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. They're going to be mad at me for missing day one of the convention, Analise thought to herself.

An hour later, her plane touched down at Reagan-Washington airport. Scrambling, Analise quickly exited and went to the hotel her staff booked for her. She slept for a few hours before waking up right before the meeting was supposed to start. Analise began walking to the Dining Hall.

Adrian Levislay

The senior New York Senator also received the text from Governor Lewis. He simply set an alarm for 4am and relaxed in his hotel room. Unfortunately for the rowdy senator, he didn't have the chance to say anything at the convention. Not like it mattered, anyway. It was only the first day and not much seemed to happen.

The following morning, Levislay was jolted awake by the incessant noise of his alarm clock. He slammed his fist on it to shut it off and got prepared for the day. Levislay took a taxi to the local McDonald's. "I may be a little late getting to this meeting" he said to himself. "But they need to understand that a man's gotta eat!"

With three Big Macs and two order of fries in his hands, Levislay entered the dining hall.

Elias Nickles

"That didn't go so well," he said as he laid in bed. "Why can't we all just get along?'

The Illinois senator turned on the Cooking Channel on the TV. Elias was able to relax a little until...

"Fool!" He exclaimed. "You're supposed to add the bacon after you finished the fries! God dammit."

My love,

Not everything is swell here. However, it does seem that we might make some progress. Tell John and Sally I love them.

Lewis saw Annalise and Adrian come to the table. He quickly finished a piece of his cabbage."Oh good, you're here. I just explained that the republicans hold a plurality and this convention might ensure their victory in the midterms. Assuming that America will still exist, at least."

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 pm

Asardia wrote:Annalise Stormav was watching the Atlanta Hawks on TV when her phone buzzed. Glancing at it, she saw that the governor of Massachusetts sent it. "Oh no, I should be in D.C right now! I'm glad he texted me."

Adrian Levislay

Elias Nickles

My love,

Lewis saw Annalise and Adrian come to the table. He quickly finished a piece of his cabbage."Oh good, you're here. I just explained that the republicans hold a plurality and this convention might ensure their victory in the midterms. Assuming that America will still exist, at least."

Adrian took a big bite of his first big mac and replied, "you do realize I'm also a Republican...."

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse