NATION

PASSWORD

College Greymore - 1st Year - In Character

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

College Greymore - 1st Year - In Character

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:15 am

College Greymore
School of Sorcery and Alchemy

OOC

Mirror to OOC

Soundtrack

Spring 1912
United Kingdom

Many seasons have passed since the arrival of the mysterious letter. Its memory has almost faded into nothingness over the many events unfolding since. A great comet arrived to light the night sky while brave man finally reached the south pole. Electric streetcars now pass daily below your window while planes and airships fly overhead. This is truly an era of wonder.

School is going well, although the subjects are increasingly boring. The classmates aren't helping either. Despite your best efforts to be friendly with them, they keep staying clear of you. They keep telling you that you are "different", and that sometimes you do strange things, but they never quite tell you anything specific.

Only very occasionally, when a full moon makes it hard to fall asleep do you think of the letter, digging it up from beneath the pile of homework and coursebooks building up next to your bed. But reading it again and again only brings up more and more questions.

Until one day.

Another letter arrives.

Dear Magically Gifted

This is a letter of invitation to the newly rebuilt Greymore School of Sorcery and Alchemy. Ss part of the wizarding education act of 1912, all tuition fees and travel costs to and from the college are covered by the ministry of magic. Your attendance at our school will come at no expense to you or your family.

If you wish to attend our school, please arrive at Edinborogh station by 9 o clock in the morning. The Greywood express departs from platform -7. We are very much looking forward to your attendance.

Signed
Headmaster Candela

-

TUTORIAL & RULES
(For introduction)

In College greymore, you play a boy or a girl in his or her early teens, with various backgrounds and personalities. Not everything written in the introduction must apply to you, if you feel it contradicts your narrative, you may (But only this time!) overwrite the story.
Feel free to:
- Interact with introduced scenes, characters and items (Expect a reply from me, the gamemaster)
- Interact with other players (Expect a reply from them)
- Introduce real world locations and control minor characters from your family (at the start of the game/summer breaks)
- Introduce items not related to story, not of any significant value and without any direct military applications
- Describe/Think/Act with your character + any NPC characters you have relationship status: FRIENDS (or better) with.
EXCEPTION: If your actions in any way impact other characters (especially if it involves any degree of magic), it is the gamemasters duty to "resolve" said action, before the story can continue. (Using dice rolls, of course, please TG-me for fast response)

This section will be expanded as you discover new mechanics!
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:46 am, edited 6 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:56 am

ADVENTURES

Journey to Greymore
Sunday, 21th of march,
3PM
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am

T I M E

8:30
Sunday, 14th of April, 1912
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:06 am

Reserved for students.

Name:Talinus Jorthar
Appearance:Like a typical twelve year old boy, black hair, grey eyes, nothing special.
Birthplace:Newport,Rhode Island
Date of Birth:August 26th,1900
Bio:Talinus was born into a large and poor wizard family. Growing up the youngest of five children he knew what it was like to struggle, eating scraps and surviving in a rapidly industrializing and changing world. He doesn't know it, but his father was disgraced from the wizarding world and forced to move to America some time ago, where he fell in love with a non-magical woman and started a family in Newport. Because of this the Jorthars are sneered at in the magical community and considered lower class amongst wizards and witches. Talinus doesn't know why he's hated by the upperclassmen of the wizarding community and doesn't care. When he got his letter he wasn't even excited and protested but his parents told him this was an opportunity and that he had to go. Not particularly excited about trading his friends and life in America for a life dealing with elitists and rules he packed his few meager belongings and left to begin his education at College Greymore, unaware of the perils and adventure that awaited him.
Primary Attribute:GENIUS - +2 Wits (+ Intelligence)
Secondary Attributes:HALF-BLOOD - +1 Hex (+ Attuning),VALIANT - +1 Hearts (+ Bravery)
Drawbacks:CARELESS - (- Stealth),MUDBLOOD - (- Resistance)
Additional Traits:- Foreigner (Born outside the United Kingdom),- Impoverished (Severely limited funds),- Claustrophobia (Fear of confined spaces)
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:07 am

THE CONTINENT

Edinborough Central Station
Platform -7
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:23 am

Image Image Image

0 Points _________________ 0 Points _________________ 0 Points
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:20 am, edited 12 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:48 am

A Few days later...

Edinborough Central Station
8:30 AM
14th of April, 1912

Finally, the day has come.

Full of excitement, hope, doubts, or perhaps fears, you arrive at the central railway station of Scotland's capital. There is still about half an hour left before departure, plenty of time to find your train, in theory. The air is thick with smoke, steam and the swearing of 2 middle aged travelers, who's luggage trolleys crashed together in front of the ticket office.

You've made it so far, but now what? The enigmatic letter gave little in the way of directions. It did come with some sort of ticket, and shiny silver coins, but platform -7... where could it be? Underground?

You ask the station attendant.
"Between platforms -6 and -8" he replies with certainty. The nearby railway workers chuckle. Not much help.

You check whats before platform 1.
Searching for platform 0 and beyond, you stumble into a busy coffee shop. You narrowly miss a waitress, then find yourself staring out a window. Nothing but the streets of Edinborough on the other side...

You take a seat on your luggage and watch the station's clock tick by.
Time passses, minute by minute. You helplessly watch them marching towards 9:00 AM. But keep an eye open... maybe something will happen... something peculiar?

Whats that? That 2 man arguing from earlier. You saw them walk by and then... they completely vanished behind that pillar!
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:29 pm

"Between platforms 6 and 8" Talinus said in a tone mocking the station attendant while walking through the impossible to navigate maze that was the Edinborough Central Station.

"I am a snobbish prick good day sir!" Talinus said eyes closed emulating the accent of that station attendant and stopping dead in his tracks raising his hand to the air for dramatic effect. He sighed and raised his shoulders trying to gaze through the smoke and ash that blinded his eyes. He stopped for just a moment and sat his luggage on the floor to sit down.

Has he sat there trying to figure out what to do his eyes would drift to the right and perk up has he swore he saw the two strange men from before but ...something bothered the boy. The way they walked well there was something very strange about them that Talinus couldn't put his finger on it. He shook his head and tried to ignore them but he couldn't and kept watching them has if watching them would somehow, someway solve his maddening dilemma.

Thats it! Their wizards! I knew it!

he thought to himself has he saw the two gentlemen walk by and then into one of the stone pillars has if it was made of thin air! Talinus would grab his luggage and walk to the stone pillar himself setting his package right next to him. He would rest his hand on the stone pillar. It was covered in soot, and felt.. well .... rock solid.

A wicked grin formed on his face, and a few of the passerbys looked at him as if he was a madman. He then grabbed his luggage rolled his sleeves up and breathing deeply he then rushed into that same pillar but with a little more gusto if he was going to bang his head up it might has well be in style!

Action?: Run into that stone pillar!
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:31 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:"Between platforms 6 and 8" Talinus said in a tone mocking the station attendant while walking through the impossible to navigate maze that was the Edinborough Central Station.

"I am a snobbish prick good day sir!" Talinus said eyes closed emulating the accent of that station attendant and stopping dead in his tracks raising his hand to the air for dramatic effect. He sighed and raised his shoulders trying to gaze through the smoke and ash that blinded his eyes. He stopped for just a moment and sat his luggage on the floor to sit down.

Has he sat there trying to figure out what to do his eyes would drift to the right and perk up has he swore he saw the two strange men from before but ...something bothered the boy. The way they walked well there was something very strange about them that Talinus couldn't put his finger on it. He shook his head and tried to ignore them but he couldn't and kept watching them has if watching them would somehow, someway solve his maddening dilemma.

Thats it! Their wizards! I knew it!

he thought to himself has he saw the two gentlemen walk by and then into one of the stone pillars has if it was made of thin air! Talinus would grab his luggage and walk to the stone pillar himself setting his package right next to him. He would rest his hand on the stone pillar. It was covered in soot, and felt.. well .... rock solid.

A wicked grin formed on his face, and a few of the passerbys looked at him as if he was a madman. He then grabbed his luggage rolled his sleeves up and breathing deeply he then rushed into that same pillar but with a little more gusto if he was going to bang his head up it might has well be in style!

Action?: Run into that stone pillar!

SLAM!

A simple test of Resillience (Hearts)
1, 5
1 failure, 1 half-success

Talius awoke to the sound of a train departing, his luggage splattered all over the platform, a worried man standing over him. His skin as black as coffee, his suit as grey as the scotland sky.
"You all right boy? The hell gotten into you." - He asks with a familiar New York accent.
The mysterious man helps Talius gather his belongings, but the whistling and hissing of the departing train leaves little room for conversation. With Talius back on his feet, he bids farewell and vanishes into the cloud of steam.

Surely... there must be something...

A simple test of Veils
1 half-success, Enough for a simple test

A Mirror?
Suspended from the pillar on the opposite side, Talius sees a large mirror, fogged by the condensed vapor. A swipe with his hands, and he can see his own reflection. But wait, whats that? The man in the grey suit, and the other two from the ticket office?
Talius turns around, but they are nowhere to be seen on the platform, only in the reflection. On top of that, the train in the mirror hasn't even left!

Surely, there is a way, but how?

A simple test of Attuning (Hex)
3, 6, 3
Success

Talius senses something is very strange with this mirror...

Its surface twists and wobbles in the wake of his hands. Suddenly, there is an odd feeling. Wasn't he reaching towards the mirror with his right hand? Now its his left? And the reflection, it shows only him and the station attendant, and the empty platform. But then?

NEW AREA DISCOVERED
Platform -7

Turning away from the mirror, Talius sees a platform teeming with people, with cartsfull of luggage and crates filling out the space in between. A boy in the distanace shouting "EXTRA, EXTRA, DISASTER ON THE ATLANTIC, READ ALL ABOUT IT!".

Besides the 3 man from earlier, Talius sees:

A slim, young boy milling about while his worried mother reminds him of things.
"Dont worry mum, I'll be okay..."

A short, chubby kid chewing on a bar of chocolate, his elegant mother giving him a kiss.
"Muuuuum, not in front of everyone!"
His equally tall brother recieving his kiss with no complaint.

An well-dressed girl, with bright hair, calmly handling her luggage.
"And here is another 9 shillings, in case you break your wand..."

A Redhead constantly delayed from getting aboard by her Father's pestering.
"Please dad, I'll miss the train!"

A girl with long, pink hair, accompanied by both father and mother. She says little to them as she climbs aboard. The parents wave, she smiles back, but just for a brief moment...

On the platform adjacent, crates are being loaded by man in uniform onto a carriage.

Finally, a little more in the distance. Young boys and girl in red and blue stand in orderly lines, awaiting their train.

Note:
You can re-roll any tests with 1 spirit (even ones earlier in the post)!
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

Piscina
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Piscina » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 am

Edward sighed as he walked away from the station attendant, back towards his father. I guess I’m not getting any help from that front. Still, there’re still plenty of ways to find the platform.

His father called out to him as he approached. “Any luck?”

“Nah, nothing. I don’t think he knows about it. That’s the impression I got, at least.”

His father nodded. “The best thing to do now is probably to look for a secret door or something like that.” A faraway look came over his face. “I think your mother said something about this, but I can’t remember it well.” He snorted with bitter humour, but there was an undertone of sadness to his words. “I wish I’d paid more attention to her.”

Edward quickly interrupted in an attempt to take his father’s mind off his mother’s death. “Anyway, we should head down to platform 1. If there’s a secret door, putting it there would make the most sense. On the other hand, now that I think about it, nothing about this really makes sense.” There was a moment’s pause. “Are you sure all of this is for real?”

“Well, you’ve seen the letter, haven’t you?” His father replied.

“Yeah, but... Magic? Hidden schools? This seems a bit far-fetched.”

His father looked him directly in the eyes. “Son, your mother was one of the most down-to-earth people I’ve ever met, and when it comes to weird stuff like this, she knew pretty much everything worth knowing. We both know that she swore blind that there are a lot of strange things about the world that very few people know. I think we should give this the benefit of the doubt.”

Edward thought for a second, then nodded his agreement. “In that case, let’s take a look.”

The pair walked down towards platform 1, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Without warning, there was a cut-off cry of pain and a clatter of falling luggage. The pair whipped their heads over to see a boy who looked about twelve lying on the floor of the station, his luggage scattered about him. Edward strode over to try and help him, but was beaten to it by a man in a grey suit. He watched with concern as the man helped the boy up.

Edward spoke to his father in a low voice. “Do you think he’s another Greymore student?”

“Probably. He’s about your age, and who else would be here on their own, holding luggage and doing whatever he’s doing?”

“I’ll ask him if he knows anything.”

“Go ahead.”

Edward strode towards the boy, and-
The boy vanished.
Edward stopped in his tracks, blinking in surprise. Hang on, people don’t randomly vanish. The key to the puzzle of where to find the entrance fell into place. He found it!

His father walked up beside him. “Well, seems like this is the place.”

“Yep.” Edward agreed. “I’m going to try to do whatever he did. I just hope that the ‘ramming the pillar with your head’ part doesn’t turn out to be necessary.”

His father gripped him in a tight hug. “In case the portal is one-way, I’d like to say this now: Ed, I’m proud of you. I hope you do well at Greymore, and I’d like you to send me letters so I know you’re okay.”

Edward grinned. “Don’t worry, I will!”

He examined the pillar, trying to remember what the other boy had done just before he disappeared.

Action: Examine the pillar, and try to replicate whatever Talinus did.
Voluisse Illudere (Intrigue in court)
Audax Veni (Galactic Adventures)
Hector Driscoll (Model Hogwarts(Hosted on Discord))
Lachriman Federation (The Last Stars)
Hermes R&D (SPACE)
Edward Dale (College Greymore)
Ceres Federation (Remnants of Sol)
Zik’ky’ken (Twilight of the Republic)
Edward Dale 2.0 (College Greymore reboot)
Scriniarii (Pantheon: New Creation)
Republic of Nordwood (A Different World: Age of Darkness)

My participation in most RPs tends to be short-lived, so I have less experience than the number of them listed would otherwise indicate.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:34 am

[region-tag=]
Piscina wrote:Edward sighed as he walked away from the station attendant, back towards his father. I guess I’m not getting any help from that front. Still, there’re still plenty of ways to find the platform.

His father called out to him as he approached. “Any luck?”

“Nah, nothing. I don’t think he knows about it. That’s the impression I got, at least.”

His father nodded. “The best thing to do now is probably to look for a secret door or something like that.” A faraway look came over his face. “I think your mother said something about this, but I can’t remember it well.” He snorted with bitter humour, but there was an undertone of sadness to his words. “I wish I’d paid more attention to her.”

Edward quickly interrupted in an attempt to take his father’s mind off his mother’s death. “Anyway, we should head down to platform 1. If there’s a secret door, putting it there would make the most sense. On the other hand, now that I think about it, nothing about this really makes sense.” There was a moment’s pause. “Are you sure all of this is for real?”

“Well, you’ve seen the letter, haven’t you?” His father replied.

“Yeah, but... Magic? Hidden schools? This seems a bit far-fetched.”

His father looked him directly in the eyes. “Son, your mother was one of the most down-to-earth people I’ve ever met, and when it comes to weird stuff like this, she knew pretty much everything worth knowing. We both know that she swore blind that there are a lot of strange things about the world that very few people know. I think we should give this the benefit of the doubt.”

Edward thought for a second, then nodded his agreement. “In that case, let’s take a look.”

The pair walked down towards platform 1, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Without warning, there was a cut-off cry of pain and a clatter of falling luggage. The pair whipped their heads over to see a boy who looked about twelve lying on the floor of the station, his luggage scattered about him. Edward strode over to try and help him, but was beaten to it by a man in a grey suit. He watched with concern as the man helped the boy up.

Edward spoke to his father in a low voice. “Do you think he’s another Greymore student?”

“Probably. He’s about your age, and who else would be here on their own, holding luggage and doing whatever he’s doing?”

“I’ll ask him if he knows anything.”

“Go ahead.”

Edward strode towards the boy, and-
The boy vanished.
Edward stopped in his tracks, blinking in surprise. Hang on, people don’t randomly vanish. The key to the puzzle of where to find the entrance fell into place. He found it!

His father walked up beside him. “Well, seems like this is the place.”

“Yep.” Edward agreed. “I’m going to try to do whatever he did. I just hope that the ‘ramming the pillar with your head’ part doesn’t turn out to be necessary.”

His father gripped him in a tight hug. “In case the portal is one-way, I’d like to say this now: Ed, I’m proud of you. I hope you do well at Greymore, and I’d like you to send me letters so I know you’re okay.”

Edward grinned. “Don’t worry, I will!”

He examined the pillar, trying to remember what the other boy had done just before he disappeared.

Action: Examine the pillar, and try to replicate whatever Talinus did.

Edward stared deeply into the reflection. Another world, and he is there, well his reflection is.
If only he could change places with the Edward on the other side. What would it take? Some kind of incantation?

A simple test of Hex (Attuning)
4, 5, 3
(Half success, sufficient for a simple test)

Ed turned to his Father, maybe he... where is he?

Only his reflection was still visible.

Edward has arrived at Platform -7. The Boy from earlier just an arm's length away, taking in the scenerey.

New Area Discovered
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Piscina
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Piscina » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:47 am

Edward gasped in disbelief. This... this is incredible. Magic is real after all! He eagerly examined the scene, trying to take in every detail of the wondrous scene. After a few moments, he managed to get over his shock slightly, and began to feel a great excitement building within him.

This means I’m a wizard! I can do magic! There’s so much to be learned! This is amazing!

Taking a deep breath in an attempt to control his emotions, he spoke to the boy who had gone through before him. Despite his best efforts, he spoke quickly and energetically, his words rushing out at a pace equal to his excitement.

“Hi my name’s Edward, and I’m really pleased to meet you whoever you are! I noticed you going through the mirror and copied you! I’m kind of new to the magical world, and up until a few minutes ago I didn’t even really think it was real! What’s your name? Have you spent much time here?

Action: Edward speaks to Talinus. Probably nothing mechanics-wise.
Hermes R&D (SPACE)

My participation in most RPs tends to be short-lived, so I have less experience than the number of them listed would otherwise indicate.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:41 am

Talinus would thank the stranger, smiling has if hadn't slammed his head into a stone pillar a few moments ago. Wouldn't be the first time either. The boy would notice mists surrounding him.

This is it!

He thought to himself has he felt a strange magical power surrounding him, he would give the man a two finger salute and vanish into thin air. After a series of magical tests involving a mysterious mirror he would find himself in Platform 7! The boy was not alone either! He saw first year students like himself waiting to board the train to College Greymore. He knew he was a wizard but he couldn't believe that College Greymore actually existed! He turned his head to the right and left excitedly trying to make sense of everything it was all too much for him to process at once!

"Woah this is not Rhode Island!" Talinus said looking around at all the strange and wonderous sites with child like wonder and glee, his eyes wide and starry. Has Talinus would breath in the magic he would notice a boy with a British accent talking to him rather excitedly.

“Hi my name’s Edward, and I’m really pleased to meet you whoever you are! I noticed you going through the mirror and copied you! I’m kind of new to the magical world, and up until a few minutes ago I didn’t even really think it was real! What’s your name? Have you spent much time here?

Talinus would tip his cap at Edward eager to make a new friend. "The name's Talinus glad to meet ya Edward! Nope just got here! Fresh off the boat didn't believe it either till I saw it!"

Action: Speaks to Edward.

Piscina
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Piscina » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:24 am

Talinus would tip his cap at Edward eager to make a new friend. "The name's Talinus glad to meet ya Edward! Nope just got here! Fresh off the boat didn't believe it either till I saw it!"

Edward grinned. Talinus seems quite nice!

“Well, I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only person who doesn’t really know what’s going on!” Edward replied. “Good job finding the mirror by the way, it probably would’ve taken me ages to do that! Do you know anything interesting about Greymore or well, any of this magic stuff?
Hermes R&D (SPACE)

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:56 am

“Well, I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only person who doesn’t really know what’s going on!” Edward replied. “Good job finding the mirror by the way, it probably would’ve taken me ages to do that! Do you know anything interesting about Greymore or well, any of this magic stuff?

Talinus rested his hands behind his head. "Thanks" He says beaming in response to the compliment that Edward gave him." College Greymore? Nah beats me, I just got here from the States and and I'm just has lost has you are and here I was hoping you could show me a thing or two!" He says joking.

"Magic? you mean you don't know a thing about magic?" He asks a little surprised. Of course Talinus barely knew anything about magic himself, the boy only having enough knowledge to play a prank or two but nothing substantial .

"I know a trick or two but hey that's the whole point of us coming here right? To become better wizards? " Talinus says grinning.
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm

Caitlín O'Shea
The hustle and bustle of Edinborough Central abounded. Weary businessmen headed to or from work; distracted parents corralled excited children; nondescript figures slipped between the larger groups, doing their best to remain unnoticed. One such figure strode with purpose, weaving their way down the platforms - an emerald cloak obscured much of their form, the only hint to their identity a fiery red curl that hung loose from the edge of their cowl. As they passed the engraved hanging numbers identifying each stop they slowed slightly - 3, 4, 5, 6... then, finally, the cloaked traveler came to a stop at the pillar marked "7", arriving just in time to spot a black-haired foreigner boy run face-first into the stone. Stood off in one corner of the platform, a fragile-looking hand rose to draw back the cowl of the cloak. The face of the O'Shea family's heiress was revealed, a smirk dancing across her rosy lips at the sight of the strange boy.
"Always found it strange that they didn't tell you about the mirror in the letters," Caitlín muttered to herself, quickly checking over her personal effects in the overly-laden trolley that she pushed ahead of her. A few moments later, she noticed with amusement that the boy had found the mirror, and another lad had followed him.

A few moments passed - Caitlín knew better than to follow too close in the mirror, lest you run right into the first poor sod. Then, trolley in tow, she strode up to the enchanted mirror.

"Time for school."

Action: Use the mirror
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:52 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Caitlín O'Shea
The hustle and bustle of Edinborough Central abounded. Weary businessmen headed to or from work; distracted parents corralled excited children; nondescript figures slipped between the larger groups, doing their best to remain unnoticed. One such figure strode with purpose, weaving their way down the platforms - an emerald cloak obscured much of their form, the only hint to their identity a fiery red curl that hung loose from the edge of their cowl. As they passed the engraved hanging numbers identifying each stop they slowed slightly - 3, 4, 5, 6... then, finally, the cloaked traveler came to a stop at the pillar marked "7", arriving just in time to spot a black-haired foreigner boy run face-first into the stone. Stood off in one corner of the platform, a fragile-looking hand rose to draw back the cowl of the cloak. The face of the O'Shea family's heiress was revealed, a smirk dancing across her rosy lips at the sight of the strange boy.
"Always found it strange that they didn't tell you about the mirror in the letters," Caitlín muttered to herself, quickly checking over her personal effects in the overly-laden trolley that she pushed ahead of her. A few moments later, she noticed with amusement that the boy had found the mirror, and another lad had followed him.

A few moments passed - Caitlín knew better than to follow too close in the mirror, lest you run right into the first poor sod. Then, trolley in tow, she strode up to the enchanted mirror.

"Time for school."

Action: Use the mirror

A Simple Test of Hex (Attuning)
5, 1, 3,
(Failure!)

Ah, mirror travel, shouldn't be a problem for a pure-blood. A simple touch of a fingertip and then...

The surface of the mirror begins to wobble and twist, distorting the reflection, and the world around. Like quicksilver, the mirror flows through the girl's hand, then arm, then the rest of her body. It all happens very quickly, and feels very cold.

Caitlín is spit out violently on the other side. A quite unpleasant experience for an experienced wizard. Terrifying for Caitlín.

Gained Temporary Trait:
Catoptrophobia. Must pass courage to even come close to a mirror.

Yet, there she is, the other side. 2 boys greeting one another nearby.
New Area Discovered

Piscina
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Piscina » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:47 am

Edward Dale
Talinus rested his hands behind his head. "Thanks" He says beaming in response to the compliment that Edward gave him." College Greymore? Nah beats me, I just got here from the States and and I'm just has lost has you are and here I was hoping you could show me a thing or two!" He says joking.

"Magic? you mean you don't know a thing about magic?" He asks a little surprised. Of course Talinus barely knew anything about magic himself, the boy only having enough knowledge to play a prank or two but nothing substantial .

"I know a trick or two but hey that's the whole point of us coming here right? To become better wizards? " Talinus says grinning.

“Yeah, I suppose everyone has to start somewhere. After all, Greymore wouldn’t exist if its students knew everything about magic already!” Edward joked.

On the other hand, Talinus seems to know a bit already. I wonder how he found that out? He mused. He then took a breath, then asked the question out loud.

“So, how did you learn this ‘trick or two’? My dad and I had a real hard time finding any books about it, and the letter’s next to useless. It didn’t even mention the mirror, for goodness sake! More than a few people have probably missed the train over the years thanks to that.”

At this point, he noticed that a redheaded girl dressed in posh-looking emerald robes had come through the mirror. Probably someone raised as a wizard. I can’t imagine anyone else wearing robes like that at a train station. She doesn’t look half bad either. He pushed the last thought aside, and greeted her enthusiastically.

“Hello there! My name’s Edward. Might I ask what yours is? Oh, as you might have overheard, my friend Talinus and I don’t know a whole lot about magic. If you know anything about it, would you mind telling us the gist of it I know we don’t have much time, but any information helps.”

Action: Edward replies to Talinus and greets Caitlin.
Last edited by Piscina on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermes R&D (SPACE)

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:09 am

Caitlín O'Shea

Piscina wrote:“So, how did you learn this ‘trick or two’? My dad and I had a real hard time finding any books about it, and the letter’s next to useless. It didn’t even mention the mirror, for goodness sake! More than a few people have probably missed the train over the years thanks to that.”

At this point, he noticed that a redheaded girl dressed in posh-looking emerald robes had come through the mirror. Probably someone raised as a wizard. I can’t imagine anyone else wearing robes like that at a train station. She doesn’t look half bad either. He pushed the last thought aside, and greeted her enthusiastically.

“Hello there! My name’s Edward. Might I ask what yours is? Oh, as you might have overheard, my friend Talinus and I don’t know a whole lot about magic. If you know anything about it, would you mind telling us the gist of it I know we don’t have much time, but any information helps.”

The aftershock from the mirror washed through her mind like a rush of cold water. Caitlín shuddered slightly, doing her best to hide it. Ugh, damn mirror. Don't know what's with me today.

Taking a moment to collect herself, she quickly became aware of the boy speaking to her. At least it wasn't the American boy next to him - Caitlín wasn't sure she'd ever get used to their accents.

"Caitlín, House O'Shea, though judging by your question the latter doesn't mean much to you." Her expression wasn't so much of distaste as it was exasperation, having only just been frazzled by the mirror.

She glanced over at one of the small cases on her trolly, and made a brief motion with her hand. Click - as the motion concluded with a snap of her fingers, the piece of luggage rose into the air noiselessly, and floated the short distance over to Caitlín's awaiting hand.

"That," she said, looking back over at the two boys, "is magic. Don't try to replicate that just yet, you should learn a basic levitation charm with a wand soon. I'm a... special case."

Action: Sorting through her luggage, talking with the boys
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Anything underlined is Porter's internal thoughts.

Shit, I’m gonna be late. Porter takes a deep breath and looks about his surroundings. How about I ask the station attendant? They could be of help. Porter rushes himself to a well-dressed lady, hopefully, an attendant.

“Excuse me. Where’s platform seven?” Porter politely asks. All that Porter got back was a vague answer that could be taken for a joke. Actually, it might have been a joke, but Porter does not have much time to dwell on that thought.

How about just searching for the platform. How hard can that be? Wasting no time, Porter speedwalks to platform one and then goes down the platforms in order. Platform one...two...three...four...five...six...seven..platform eight...wait, there is a negative seven here? There appears to be no negative one here or even a negative seven.

Defeated, Porter takes a short rest on his own pile of luggage. “How the hell is seven?” Porter whispers to himself. Time is running out, and he needs to get to that train quickly. Hey, it was those two guys who argued. Where are they going?

Porter watches as the two men just walk by and poof! They’re gone! That seems strange. Where did they go? Porter stands up and folds up his luggage. Porker finds himself in front of a pillar, where he supposes that the men went.

Running into a solid stone wall will likely not be a good idea. There must be something that they did to get to platform seven...

Action : Figure what is up with this pillar.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:10 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Anything underlined is Porter's internal thoughts.

Shit, I’m gonna be late. Porter takes a deep breath and looks about his surroundings. How about I ask the station attendant? They could be of help. Porter rushes himself to a well-dressed lady, hopefully, an attendant.

“Excuse me. Where’s platform seven?” Porter politely asks. All that Porter got back was a vague answer that could be taken for a joke. Actually, it might have been a joke, but Porter does not have much time to dwell on that thought.

How about just searching for the platform. How hard can that be? Wasting no time, Porter speedwalks to platform one and then goes down the platforms in order. Platform one...two...three...four...five...six...platform eight...where is seven? Either they removed the whole platform or someone did their math wrong.

Defeated, Porter takes a short rest on his own pile of luggage. “How the hell is seven?” Porter whispers to himself. Time is running out, and he needs to get to that train quickly. Hey, it was those two guys who argued. Where are they going?

Porter watches as the two men just walk by and poof! They’re gone! That seems strange. Where did they go? Porter stands up and folds up his luggage. Porker finds himself in front of a pillar, where he supposes that the men went.

Running into a solid stone wall will likely not be a good idea. There must be something that they did to get to platform seven...

Action : Figure what is up with this pillar.

The pillar turned out to be quite unremarkable, except for the giant mirror it supports.

A simple test of Veils.
(a half success would have sufficed, therefore you've overaccomplished your goals)

Wait a minute...
The reflection on the mirror is by no means the same as he sees around himself. How come noone else notice that?

Porter's own reflection was the only thing consistent, besides the walls of building itself. The people, the trains, the luggage, all different. But how to get across?

Staring deeply into his eyes, he saw the reflection within the reflection, and quickly got himselft entangled within a logical conundrum. Is the Porter he sees in the eyes of his own reflection a reflection of himself? Or is it the original? Or is it... Somehow, not even sure himself, porter came to the conclusion that he was, in fact, the reflection all along. And what he earlier thought of as himself, the reflection.

New Area Discovered
Last edited by Harkback Union on Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse