NATION

PASSWORD

Sansara: Out of Our Element (OOC/Worldbuilding)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 pm

Also Nuri in terms of introducing Faith, you could always wait until we leave the tavern if you cant come up with anything. I'll be doing that with my other chars.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:42 am

Name: Qanvir
Race/Species: demon
Personality: Qanvir is a jovial but rather manipulative demon, with a penitent for playing pranks and joking around. He is however both powerful and intelligent, and often uses this less threatening side of his personality in order to lure people into a false sense of security. When he wishes to show you that he dislikes you however he will become extremely cold and quick to anger, and this change can happen at a moments notice.
Sexual/Romantic preference (optional): bisexual
Appearance: Qanvir stands at around 6 ft 3 in height with almost jet black skin and strangely glittering green eyes. Although he looks largely human, this disguise is ruined by the long fangs in his mouth and the sharp and retractable claws on his hands and feet. When he is near Sutariel, his eyes take on a color closer to that of the angels.
Bio: Qanvir was born as the eldest son of the demon queen and so was expected to take on a lot of responsibilities from an early age. He quickly gained a reputation for leaving things until the last minute yet somehow failing to fuck everything up; things would be achieved exactly to your specifications if you asked Qanvir to do it, but you might just have to wait a bit longer. Even prior to his gaining of full maturity, he was often asked to complete tasks for his mother: therefore, although he did gain the traditional training in magic and the standard academic disciplines given to all demon children he also picked up valuable experience from a very early age. This led him to excel in his other studies: though not considered some kind of child genius growing up he was always acknowledged as a more than suitable heir to the kingdom.
Qanvir became essential to his mothers rule around the time of his maturity, always operating as something of a second in command and being known for his ability to fulfil both the delicate arts of statecraft and diplomacy as well as the more brutal requirements of warmaking. Like Sutariel, he has always been a traveller and maintained an inquisitive interest into the internal workings of other racial societies, even going as far as to pay visits to some of the less powerful races. It was one of his visits that showed the world that demons were able to have children both with dwarves and with fairies, something that had not been known before: Qanvir was however more than willing to prove such matters as true.
His travels took on a strange turn several years ago, as he felt a strange pull guiding him several miles away. Though dreading a trap, he followed the odd pulling sensation to an angel who was camped out, meditating with a glass of wine in his hand. The bond snapped into place immediately and both he and the angel knew that their lives had taken on a strange turn: they were each others arcane familiars. This rare and powerful magical connection was usually experienced between a magic wielder and a magical creature, however there were examples of it occurring between two members of the intelligent races. Whatever the reasons for it however, their magical power was linked and the two were bound together forever.
It only took several months for both of them to realise that the stronger magic wielder of the two was the angel, and that he deeply enjoyed taking on the submissive role in the hierarchical relationship that usually existed between familiars. When Qanvir had the binding collar fashioned, which allowed him to exercise extraordinary levels of control over the Sutariel, he willingly accepted it; in turn, a bracelet was fashioned for the demon which acted as a focus for their shared magical power. Right now, as the war brews between the angel and demon races, Sutariel and Qanvir are determined to prevent it.
Goals: To prevent the war, to grow stronger in the magical arts, to be a fair ruler.
Likes: Revelry, sport, drinking, fighting, statecraft and learning
Dislikes: Inconvenient orders, pettiness, unnecessary politics
Theme Song: no
Powers/Abilities:
Fire magic: Qanvir is a more than competent fire wielder, being able to summon fireballs, walls and often small rivers of flame.
Shadow magic: Qanvir is able to blend into the shadows, as well as harden them to attack his opponents. He has also taken to dabbling in necromancy however his abilities in that field are still in their infancy.
Spear fighting: Like Sutariel, Qanvir is a highly skilled fighter with more conventional means. His spear is not enchanted to be anything but a focus and a very good weapon however and it is possible for him to lose it.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Accepted.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Name: Dil Ban
Race/Species: Mer
Personality:
- Giving
- Creative
- Sneaky
- Sometimes acts morally
- Sometimes mentally stable
- Not loyal at all. Dil is in for the coin.
- Very generous
- Somewhat extroverted
- Very compassionate
- Tends to be forgetful
Sexual/Romantic preference (optional):
Appearance: This merman has a sky blue tail, green eyes, a fair complexion, and wavy amber hair worn mid-length. He is tall and is quite heavy. He wears a coral pendant and a jeweled headpiece.
Bio: A self-described "mer-cenary", Dil Ban is a newcomer to Sansara after completing a few contracts there. Where he came from, even Dil has forgotten: the oceans have a habit of bringing him to where he can ply his trade. What he can remember was that his father raised Dil to the best of his ability, for his mother left him in his youth.
Goals: Be remembered and be set for life
Likes: Coral cultivation, painting, shedding the blood of his enemies
Dislikes: Worms, order
Theme Song: This
Powers/Abilities:
Skill proficiencies: Sleight of hand, stealth, intimidation, perception
Weapon proficiencies: Blunderbuss and quarterstaff
Enchanting Voice: The merman's melodious talk often often tips negotiations in his favor and has gotten Dil out of sticky situations many times.
Amphibious: Dil can breathe air and water.
Languages: Can speak, read, and write the Common Tongue, the language of the Merfolk, and Diarcesian Latin, an unknown language from beyond the continent. Of the third, he might be the only one who knows it in Sansara.
Vicious Mockery: Dil unleashes a string of insults of the tongue of distant Diarcesia with subtle enchantments. If the target hears him and fails to resist, it takes psychic damage and will have trouble hitting its next attack.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 pm

I assume Sariel would recognise Sutariel as they're both high-ranking angels
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:01 pm

CoraSpia wrote:I assume Sariel would recognise Sutariel as they're both high-ranking angels

I plan on him recognizing Sutariel ya

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:27 pm

don't let this die pls

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 pm

CoraSpia wrote:don't let this die pls

This is a fairly slow-moving RP. Consistent, but just slow. Don't worry about it.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:52 am

It's not dead, we're just waiting on some people.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Sorry!!!
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:55 pm

I posted in the IC.
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:46 am

I’ll get a post up when I’m awake.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:30 pm

Post up, sorry for the delay

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:17 pm

I was just waiting on a couple more posts before getting a new one up.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 pm

NVM, everyone already posted. Gimme a sec.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:32 pm

Will post soon.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Gotta post...in the near future. (Referring to myself here.)
Last edited by Western Fardelshufflestein on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:05 am

With angels being highly telepathic, is it possible that they have a telepathic network to communicate across long distances?

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:31 pm

CoraSpia wrote:With angels being highly telepathic, is it possible that they have a telepathic network to communicate across long distances?

Yeah they can, it’d get more difficult the longer the distance tho.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Y'all, I'm gonna timeskip in my next post. Can I assume we all took the job from the empress and will be making our way to the palace?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:48 pm

Nuridia wrote:Y'all, I'm gonna timeskip in my next post. Can I assume we all took the job from the empress and will be making our way to the palace?

I think that is a good assumption ya I'll probably have Sariel get there for different reasons/by different means though
Last edited by Tomia on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Nuridia wrote:Y'all, I'm gonna timeskip in my next post. Can I assume we all took the job from the empress and will be making our way to the palace?

Yeah...or maybe Sariel is ticked off at Eyseth and someone blackmails her to come along?

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm

I'm missing something here.

Job?

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Yeah, Clover found a flier detailing a job a page or so ago...the Kartesian empress is assembling a party to do some investigations into the disappearance of the sword.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Nuridia wrote:Yeah, Clover found a flier detailing a job a page or so ago...the Kartesian empress is assembling a party to do some investigations into the disappearance of the sword.

Oh Sutariel and Qanvir would be up for that.

Application for the king of the flying goblins coming soon, by the way.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse