NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Horse - (Old West Comedy / Dead / IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:51 pm

OOC: Will edit or redact post if necessary.
Back of the Sheriff's Office, East Zilch
Billy With the Kid

Talchyon wrote:Sheriff's office

The Fells Cargo men were shamed by Karen to be working on the Sunday, the Lord's day. But not shamed enough to stop doing it. They made it known loudly to Karen, that they too deplored anyone who would work on a Sunday. At the same time, they also made it known in such a way that if anyone who wanted a job working security, the job was theirs, and they could just start watching the disabled Fells Cargo wagons. And all the gold with it. However, to Karen, they also loudly said that anyone who was out watching the disabled wagons was doing this on their own time. They wouldn't get paid today! (Even though they would get paid at 12:01 a.m. if they couldn't wait 'til sunup).

With that out of the way, the Fells Cargo men exited stage left. Where were they going? Who knows? Maybe to explore this town with its rich variety of colorful characters. Maybe they were going to go out and take a Sunday siesta. But the point was, they weren't really that important for anything that was going to happen next (and since they're kind of one-dimensional characters anyway, it won't really make a hill of beans of difference).

As the Fells Cargo Men went off to who knows where, Billy clasped a pair of calloused, senior hands in a conniving gesture, while the wrinkles on his face morphed into deviously deep streaks centered around a scheming smirk. As for Jimmy, well, Jimmy was instead pulling out a tiny tuber from the Texas earth with their ungulate jaws.

Haha! Those Fells-y Cargo Men'll be in shock once I devour their, rather well-trained ursines actually. I've never seen any wildlife this calm! Went Billy's inner monologue. Were it not for the presence of outsiders he would be spitting out these words in a frenzy of criminal megalomania... Because unless he's explicitly trying to do otherwise that's just about how everything sounds like when Billy says it. With devious and scheming plans in mind, Billy began to depart, Jimmy close behind.

"I'll be departin' folks! 'Ol Billy 'ere needs to run some errands! Yes, errands! I'll be 'round these parts come sundown, 'cause that's when the crooks come."

Billy said these words as he left for his residence, in a decently honest tone. Though in truth, he just needed time to work on a proper plan for his heist in the making.

Main Street

As Billy trotted down Main Street with confience, he passed by the local saloon. Needlees to say, he had quite a few snide remarks about the place. "Jimmy, look to our left and you'll bear witness to the worst establishment in the land! Just about everyone who's ever graced its halls is a gosh-darn-diddily-doodlin' idiot! *imitating saloongoer* Billy you've gone of the rails! Billy, you're insane! Billy, Billy Billy Billy! None of that is makin' any sense to me. Of course I'm off the rails mister, the nearest railroad is way over yonder! And I am definitely not in Sane! This town is called East Zilch for cryin' out loud!"

As the old 'crook' countinued on his rant about the local saloon, there was another presence further away, a very great and mighty, truly godly presence, famed for his deeds most, beautiful. At least according to him, that is. That's certainly what he would say.

The Only Two Trees Around
John Joseph Jones

Voxija wrote:Doc Festy

Doc Festy ate some grits in his makeshift tent, parked outside East Zilch. He felt like it had been weeks. Doc turned to his pet snake in her cage. "Couldn't have been that long, Along."

Doc put on more clothes and readied his wagon. He was going to scope out East Zilch to find the best moment to hawk his wares. Hopefully it would be today.

Festy was kind of homesick. He was rarely homesick, but then he found himself thinking of his beloved Bawstuhn. Bawstuhn was really important in the War for Independence. Yes, Boston was full of Patriots. And the Patriots always won.

Doc rolled his wagon to a secluded nook between the only two trees around. Well, maybe it wasn't secluded. But still, it was a good place to wait for everyone to come out of the saloon. A drunk customer is easy to sell to.

"Dang it," says a man as a stray rock catches onto the sole of his boot. He attempts to stomp the stone off, to no avail.. "Dang that rock, I say. Truly, dang it." He continues to mutter like this, all while trying to get it off his boot. One stomp, then a kick, then bringing it up to a hand and trying to pry it out. Nothing. He continues to damn the stone, raising his volume slightly every now and again until it reaches a crescendo of frustration.

"I, Father John Joseph Jones, God the Jones, Second Savior of Humanity, King of All there Is, Co-Equal and Superior to the Lord, beseech upon my divinity to cast damnnation upon this infuriating stone of the devil's make! I, DAMNN you to the most unimaginable suffering there is!" A final, hardened stomp at last dislodges the stone, sending it careening towards the ground behind Jones, the rock sounding out flicks and pings as it jumps across the Texan earth, before finally splitting in two as it impacts the surface of a larger stone.

Geological feature no longer attached to his footwear, Jones continues on a walk through the town's outskirts, when he at last happens upon something: two very out of place trees and a wagon. Approaching, he could hear a slight slither and a rustling cage. "So, whoever helms this thing seems to deal in serpents? I must consult the One God on this, me."

Roundabout way to indulge in contemplation aside, Jones gives the wagon and the, Irishman at his helm a good, hard think. When he's made up his mind, he moves in. "Greetings, my child, and may I be with you. As your objective superior, I ask of you, what the purpose of this wagon is? And what is it with that infernal serpent?"
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:04 pm

"Dang it," says a man as a stray rock catches onto the sole of his boot. He attempts to stomp the stone off, to no avail.. "Dang that rock, I say. Truly, dang it." He continues to mutter like this, all while trying to get it off his boot. One stomp, then a kick, then bringing it up to a hand and trying to pry it out. Nothing. He continues to damn the stone, raising his volume slightly every now and again until it reaches a crescendo of frustration.

"I, Father John Joseph Jones, God the Jones, Second Savior of Humanity, King of All there Is, Co-Equal and Superior to the Lord, beseech upon my divinity to cast damnnation upon this infuriating stone of the devil's make! I, DAMNN you to the most unimaginable suffering there is!" A final, hardened stomp at last dislodges the stone, sending it careening towards the ground behind Jones, the rock sounding out flicks and pings as it jumps across the Texan earth, before finally splitting in two as it impacts the surface of a larger stone.

Geological feature no longer attached to his footwear, Jones continues on a walk through the town's outskirts, when he at last happens upon something: two very out of place trees and a wagon. Approaching, he could hear a slight slither and a rustling cage. "So, whoever helms this thing seems to deal in serpents? I must consult the One God on this, me."

Roundabout way to indulge in contemplation aside, Jones gives the wagon and the, Irishman at his helm a good, hard think. When he's made up his mind, he moves in. "Greetings, my child, and may I be with you. As your objective superior, I ask of you, what the purpose of this wagon is? And what is it with that infernal serpent?"[/quote]

Doc Festy didn't much like this guy, who called himself Doc's superior and insulted Along. But Doc saw no reason not to be friendly, and a customer is a customer.

"Why, this here wagon's where I keep all my medicines. I roam the West, delivering cures to any folk who's ailed. And this is my pet snake Along. She ain't no creature of the devil. I sell snake oil. Uh, when my pet snake sweats, I extract the oil and sell it to anyone in need." Doc Festy was glad he came up with a way to reconcile Along being his pet and his claims of being a snake oil salesman so quick.

"My snake oil can cure anything. Measles, mumps, cholera, scarlet fever, yellow fever, black fever, and even Ebola. Just ask any Chinaman, he'd tell you so. So, what ails you, my good man? Do you need my patented snake oil? Kickapoo pills? Hair tonic? Skin-lightening cream? Do you have the shivers, the shakes, the chungus, or the sniffles? Tell me, my good man."
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:28 pm

Talchyon wrote:Sheriff's office, and the jail in it
Buckaroo Bunjin

His whispering and explaining of the situation to the two new insane inmates seemed to work. The one who thought he was some kind of Spanish knight and his dimwitted assistant listened quietly as Buckaroo Bunjin explained how he didn't really WANT Karen seeing him in there, and if these two people who were quite soft in the head understood that, then they also wouldn't want to face Karen's sharp tongue. Buck seemed pleased with himself. The two insane inmates seemed to get it - at least, they had a dazed expression on their faces that could potentially mean they got it, although they left all signs of it somewhere else.

The Indian man, sitting in the corner of the cell, simply looked quietly at Buck as he was speaking. The Indian appeared to be bored.

As things were winding down and the Fells Cargo men had left the sheriff's office, the sheriff excused himself so that he might go to the outhouse. And it wasn't just any old outhouse he went to... Sheriff Norder went to the far out outhouse, which was 3 miles outside of town. (Sheriff Norder was of a decent sort, and a respecter of the law 'n all, but he was far from the most competent of people in the town).

Which is why the Sheriff wasn't there when a bounty hunter came looking for a payout...

Buck couldn't help noticing the extremely attractive woman who had sauntered in to the Sheriff's. Had she been in town before? Surely Buck (and the whole rest of the entire male population of East Zilch) would have noticed her! She was everything a man would want in a woman - at least, if she could cook, sew, milk cows, and help a man harvest the wheat crop, too.

But though it was difficult, Buck also moved his eyes off of the woman, for it wasn't polite to stare. And that's when Buck saw the man with her. A man who looked part and parcel like he himself. Now, his mind was confused. Who was this strange doppelganger?

Buck spoke up, hoping Karen wouldn't notice that it was himself speaking. But with the other fella in tow, Buck was sure someone would think he himself had been captured. Since it was either being identified as the one captured or the one in jail, Buck didn't think it mattered anymore. "Howdy, Ma'am. Sorry to tell ya, but the sheriff stepped out to freshen up a tad bit. 'n I don' know when he'll be back. So, if you was lookin' for some grub, er, maybe you'd have better luck at the saloon? Miss Sarah might have somethin' to munch on..."

Who was that man though? And why did he look so much like Buck?!

The Indian in the corner of the cell observed, and remained silent.

"Hmm... Now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry... Come along, Mr. Alive!" Blondie turned around and pulled the tied-up Yang with her, only to immediately turn on the heel and point an accusing finger at Buckaroo Bunjin. "Hey, wait a minute! I wasn't talking about food! You're just trying to keep your twin brother from being arrested too! I'm not falling for that! Now where's my reward, and who's the boss here when the sheriff's not around?" She looked the other patrons over, but she saw no star. She assumed they were all coppers in plainclothes though.

Yang on the other hand, saw his chance to get both a dinner date and a release. "Actually, why don't we go to the saloon? Clearly they've already caught the right guy, I mean I'm completely innocent! Didn't I tell you that?" he said, completely forgetting that he had been too lovestruck to speak even a few seconds ago. Yang couldn't believe his eyes either, but even if it was just a trick with mirrors and ventriloquists (although why they would put on such a show was beyond him) he would use it to the max.

Blondie pondered his suggestion while she waited for the policemen, and the policewoman (as she thought they were), to act. Then she noticed a pebble on the floor and bent down to pick it up.

"Ooooh! A jailhouse rock! Shiny!"
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 am

Voxija wrote:Doc Festy didn't much like this guy, who called himself Doc's superior and insulted Along. But Doc saw no reason not to be friendly, and a customer is a customer.

"Why, this here wagon's where I keep all my medicines. I roam the West, delivering cures to any folk who's ailed. And this is my pet snake Along. She ain't no creature of the devil. I sell snake oil. Uh, when my pet snake sweats, I extract the oil and sell it to anyone in need." Doc Festy was glad he came up with a way to reconcile Along being his pet and his claims of being a snake oil salesman so quick.

"My snake oil can cure anything. Measles, mumps, cholera, scarlet fever, yellow fever, black fever, and even Ebola. Just ask any Chinaman, he'd tell you so. So, what ails you, my good man? Do you need my patented snake oil? Kickapoo pills? Hair tonic? Skin-lightening cream? Do you have the shivers, the shakes, the chungus, or the sniffles? Tell me, my good man."

John Joseph Jones

"Oh, that snake certainly isn't of the devil. I was.. mistaken back there. Apologies. Doesn't happen too often." said Jones as the snake oil salesman wrapped up his sales pitch. Arrayed for his eyes to see were a menagerie of presumably medicinal substances, which ranged from yellow-green liquids to beige-colored creams. The salesman claimed big things of his product, just about every ailment Jones could list from the top of his head (and even some he couldn't) the salesman had something for.

"But you certainly are!!" Jones exploded suddenly, his mouth in motion after a momentary silence. "I swear you've got cloven feet behind the wagon of yours, don'tcha? The Jonesian Bible I have on my person makes it abundantly clear that no man but I, has the power to treat sickness of any kind whatsoever! You are in league with the so-called doctors, and the heretic pastors, and even the soup-bearing grannies... Exile yourself from my vicinity, and from the towns you have been deceiving with your lies, foul thing! Or I, Father Jones, God the Jones, Jones, Only Healer there Is, Jones, Highest of All, Jones...*several more self-congratulatory words*..the Omnipotent.... will make you.

As Jones readies to drive the wagonman away, he pulls back a fist and prepares for a blow.. and he lets it out! He sends a fist square into the wagon's direction, its path towards Festy fueled by zealous rage... and then proceeds to make the wagon shake slightly, rustling a few bubbles within the liquid vials. "Argh! Gosh diddly-dammedly-dang-nabbit!" exclaims Jones.

"Lord, why have you.. no... why have I abandoned me? What work of the devil has sapped me of my strength divine?" Jones falls to his knees in a mix of religious fervor and despair, one hand visibly clenching the other, the other that had just been used to punch the wagon. "Forgive me.. me...."

Jones gets up after a while, injured hand reserved by his side, while the other is on the wagon surface. "I've got a couple dimes. I'll take somethin' for... hand injuries."
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:"Oh, that snake certainly isn't of the devil. I was.. mistaken back there. Apologies. Doesn't happen too often." said Jones as the snake oil salesman wrapped up his sales pitch. Arrayed for his eyes to see were a menagerie of presumably medicinal substances, which ranged from yellow-green liquids to beige-colored creams. The salesman claimed big things of his product, just about every ailment Jones could list from the top of his head (and even some he couldn't) the salesman had something for.

"But you certainly are!!" Jones exploded suddenly, his mouth in motion after a momentary silence. "I swear you've got cloven feet behind the wagon of yours, don'tcha? The Jonesian Bible I have on my person makes it abundantly clear that no man but I, has the power to treat sickness of any kind whatsoever! You are in league with the so-called doctors, and the heretic pastors, and even the soup-bearing grannies... Exile yourself from my vicinity, and from the towns you have been deceiving with your lies, foul thing! Or I, Father Jones, God the Jones, Jones, Only Healer there Is, Jones, Highest of All, Jones...*several more self-congratulatory words*..the Omnipotent.... will make you.

As Jones readies to drive the wagonman away, he pulls back a fist and prepares for a blow.. and he lets it out! He sends a fist square into the wagon's direction, its path towards Festy fueled by zealous rage... and then proceeds to make the wagon shake slightly, rustling a few bubbles within the liquid vials. "Argh! Gosh diddly-dammedly-dang-nabbit!" exclaims Jones.

"Lord, why have you.. no... why have I abandoned me? What work of the devil has sapped me of my strength divine?" Jones falls to his knees in a mix of religious fervor and despair, one hand visibly clenching the other, the other that had just been used to punch the wagon. "Forgive me.. me...."

Jones gets up after a while, injured hand reserved by his side, while the other is on the wagon surface. "I've got a couple dimes. I'll take somethin' for... hand injuries."

Doc Festy was perturbed by this man. First he railed against Festy, sayin' that only Jones could heal injuries. Well, at least Jones was a man of God, although not in the way Doc liked. And then he tried to punch... the wagon? At least he didn't punch Festy. Or hurt the wagon.

Joe Jones or whatever his name was then did a complete volte-vis, askin' for one of Doc Festy's home remedies. Eh, the prideful will fall.

Doc Festy wasn't one to pass up a customer. He also wasn't very bright. "Now see here Mr. Jones the—I ain't sayin' all those titles—I have just the thing for you." Doc reached into the back of his wagon—nothing in there damaged thank God not Jones—and pulled out an ugly brown poultice.

"There here ugly brown poultice is just what you need. Just squeeze it on your hand, and in maybe half an hour it'll be all healed." Doc Festy thought that poultice didn't do anything. Actually, it made the poor victim's hand feel like a bee sting after half an hour. John Joseph Jones was in for a real treat.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:59 pm

"Oh, woe to the gallant! They have been ripped from their proper roles as gentlemen, and cast aside as dogs!" announced the knight. "In a world such as this, is honor even worth the attempt?"
The new prisoners listened at the edge of their seats for this slice of poetry. The old prisoners groaned at the start of an hourly rant. Pedro, similarly tired but ever-faithful, was playing what passed for inspirational music, or at least as inspirational as it could be from a harmonica. He had been making good use of his time whittling away at what seemed to be a flaw in the plaster walls. Still, playing the harmonica was a useful point of leisure.
"Forsooth, the days of knights riding through the land have gone over the hills with the conquistadors of old."
"If I may, sir," said a new prisoner. Pedro took this moment to continue his whittling. "How are you so good at words?"
"Well, it's a solid mix, disciple," the teacher said. "Practice, proper reading, and, in earnest, raw talent. But, if you work doubly hard, I'm certain that sometime you'll hit something of that likeness."
At that moment, the wall made a large cracking noise. "My dear Pedro, what did you manage to find?"
Pedro glared at his master with a rare but deathly glare as the plaster crumbled over to reveal a bright, man-sized opening.
The Coyote nodded. "Ah, right, I'll keep quiet, then."
Pedro hissed. "No, then they'll get even more suspicious, because you never keep silent!"
"Um... Yes... You are right! Why, the weather today is most hot and dry-"
"We don't have a window to the outside in our cell!"
"-back when I was a boy! I prayed and prayed for precipitation, as how it generally falls in the pampas of native España. I was overjoyed when God at last granted me my wish! It was a great bounty of water, all warm and sticky, like rain should be! Not like normal rain, that's cool and refreshing. No! Sticky will always be my preference! I-"
The cellmates in Donald's cell had all escaped, and he had only just noticed. He promptly followed suit. Sun. Hot scorching sun. He laughed and slapped Pedro on his back. "Well done, my faithful squire!"
"No problemo, Don Donald! What do you plan to do now?"
"Now? Ha ha ..." sounded de la Rancha. "We plot our revenge."
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 pm

East Zilch Saloon
Clara Everglow / "Cliff Northwood"

For some time, Northwood sat at the bar twirling his nearly depleted glass of milk. He'd steal quick glances of the funny-talking Louisianan and the drink in his grasp. He grew curious of what he and the missus called "rattlesnake juice." Could there have really been a rattlesnake festering in that drink for some time? he pondered. As Ozane spoke of "da swamp" in an exchange with the fur trader, Northwood took some time observing the drink from his seat while he childishly pretended as though he were taking a swig from his own beverage while turning towards the Lousianan. And at that time, he swore he could have seen the scale of a rattlesnake!

For the next couple of minutes, Northwood stared at his now empty glass as he pondered what would likely be a deathwish: to order or not to order some rattlesnake juice. On one hand, Northwood was always a fan of juice... Fresh orange juice was his favorite! Especially when the servants used the oranges freshly plucked from the plantations to make it! It had been a long time since he had orange juice, or hell, anything sweet. The nostalgia brought a slight smile to the man. To hell with it! He'd order whatever this "rattlesnake juice" is and enjoy it! So what if there's a rattlesnake in it? It hadn't killed old man Ozane yet!

Intrigued with the idea of ordering rattlesnake juice, and doubly so after a wave of misguided nostalgia washed over him, Northwood gently but eagerly taps the surface of the table to capture the attention of Sarah Stein. "Miss, can I also get a glass of rattlesnake juice?"

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Daves Computer wrote:East Zilch Saloon

For some time, Northwood sat at the bar twirling his nearly depleted glass of milk. He'd steal quick glances of the funny-talking Louisianan and the drink in his grasp. He grew curious of what he and the missus called "rattlesnake juice." Could there have really been a rattlesnake festering in that drink for some time? he pondered. As Ozane spoke of "da swamp" in an exchange with the fur trader, Northwood took some time observing the drink from his seat while he childishly pretended as though he were taking a swig from his own beverage while turning towards the Lousianan. And at that time, he swore he could have seen the scale of a rattlesnake!

For the next couple of minutes, Northwood stared at his now empty glass as he pondered what would likely be a deathwish: to order or not to order some rattlesnake juice. On one hand, Northwood was always a fan of juice... Fresh orange juice was his favorite! Especially when the servants used the oranges freshly plucked from the plantations to make it! It had been a long time since he had orange juice, or hell, anything sweet. The nostalgia brought a slight smile to the man. To hell with it! He'd order whatever this "rattlesnake juice" is and enjoy it! So what if there's a rattlesnake in it? It hadn't killed old man Ozane yet!

Intrigued with the idea of ordering rattlesnake juice, and doubly so after a wave of misguided nostalgia washed over him, Northwood gently but eagerly taps the surface of the table to capture the attention of Sarah Stein. "Miss, can I also get a glass of rattlesnake juice?"

Ozane Gaspard put down his drink and turned toward the woma- man ordering the drink, and he wondered, "To be honest, that man is very sus... suspicious, hmmm."
Last edited by Louisianan on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stollberg-Stolberg
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Stollberg-Stolberg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Sigmund von Schoppen
East Zilch, Waiting Room Town Hall.

Inside of the Birch coloured Wooden Room, Sigmund von Schoppen sat on one of the more "luxurious" Chairs, which literally was an Ottoman. With his old age, and with the Mayor still not accepting him into his Office, the backpain grew exponentially. After all the Ottoman was still not an good place to sit for an long time, and that he wasn´t let into the Office was suprising too, because he had an good- wait no great- no better, perfect plan to modernise East Zilch. First he wanted to mention the mineral deposits near Town, eventhought he couldn´t find any Gold Copper and Tin were still worth something; Secondly he wanted to present his concept to pave the Roads of East Zilch and the third Pleasing was to build an Telegraph-Office, since he didn´t trust the shady Postmaster´s of the Town. 25 Minutes had passed before he started to speak to an sleeping Guy.

"Well I haven´t seen you around Town., are you new her? Do you want migration Papers, or do you want to present an modernisation concept?"

The only thing he got from the Man who was asleep was an loud snore.

"Interesting, well I´ll be waiting then until, hopefully, the Mayor will let me in."
Last edited by Stollberg-Stolberg on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Human from the lesser known Erzgebirge with interests in all things Mountanous, Birds and Stuff from the SCP-Foundation.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Daves Computer wrote:East Zilch Saloon

More rattlesnake juice? Why? Sarah Stein racked her mental inventory of every liquor cabinet and shelf she had. "Sorry miss... Mister! I keep saying it wrong! I gave all the rattlesnake juice I had to that Gaspard feller. Maybe you'd like a sarsaparilla,"—Sarah was shocked to hear herself say those words—"or a beer. I have a drink named Beer Sarah that'd be just perfect for you."
Last edited by Voxija on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Voxija wrote:More rattlesnake juice? Why? Sarah Stein racked her mental inventory of every liquor cabinet and shelf she had. "Sorry miss... Mister! I keep saying it wrong! I gave all the rattlesnake juice I had to that Gaspard feller. Maybe you'd like a sarsaparilla,"—Sarah was shocked to hear herself say those words—"or a beer. I have a drink named Beer Sarah that'd be just perfect for you."

Northwood again recoiled after being addressed as "miss." "Cliff. Just Cliff. Cliff'll do," he insisted with as much of a gruff voice as he could muster. "I don't think I've had that drink before. Not beer of course! I've had tons of beer. Hell, I prolly have a beer belly because of how much I love my liquor!" said the man who never had a drop of alcohol in his life. "I've never had a Sarah before- I mean a Beer Sarah before. I'd be glad to have a glass of it!"

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Daves Computer wrote:
Voxija wrote:More rattlesnake juice? Why? Sarah Stein racked her mental inventory of every liquor cabinet and shelf she had. "Sorry miss... Mister! I keep saying it wrong! I gave all the rattlesnake juice I had to that Gaspard feller. Maybe you'd like a sarsaparilla,"—Sarah was shocked to hear herself say those words—"or a beer. I have a drink named Beer Sarah that'd be just perfect for you."

Northwood again recoiled after being addressed as "miss." "Cliff. Just Cliff. Cliff'll do," he insisted with as much of a gruff voice as he could muster. "I don't think I've had that drink before. Not beer of course! I've had tons of beer. Hell, I prolly have a beer belly because of how much I love my liquor!" said the man who never had a drop of alcohol in his life. "I've never had a Sarah before- I mean a Beer Sarah before. I'd be glad to have a glass of it!"

Sarah Stein smirked (alliteration!). This man, and Sarah was sure this time, didn't look like he'd drunk beer before. Maybe really awful moonshine. But not good beer. Beer Sarah was just a normal beer, but who knew what kind of a reaction it could have on a man who'd only drunk bad moonshine. Sarah Stein smiled (alliteration! Agin!). She was gonna like this.

The saloon owner picked up a bottle of Beer Sarah from her shelf and poured it with the adroitness of someone who knew she had the fastest pour in the West. "Here you go, Cliff. I'm sure you know how to drink it. Why, I'm sure you've had lots of beer before!"

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:24 pm

East Zilch jail
Buckaroo Bunjin

So the two new guys in the jail had been thinking strategic thoughts all this time, which was why they didn't try to answer. They had been plannin' on bustin' out! Buck was astonished when their lame attempt to pass off the jailbreak as a lame conversation about historic patters actually seemed to work! Nobody (else) seemed to notice. (But then again, this is East Zilch, which has never been mistaken for a place of higher learning. Or, much learning, for that matter. Or much of a place, for that matter, either. In order to be a place of higher learning, you actually first have to have learning, and you actually have to be a place. And right now, East Zilch, Texas was somewhere between almost counting as a place, and some nonexistent bump along the road that map makers might favor ignoring.)

But Buck didn't flee. (That was illegal.) And neither did the older Indian man in the corner. The rest of the jailbirds did fly the coop, though. Which was mostly a handful of drunks still trying to get sober.

Buck spoke to the extremely attractive woman who had his doppelganger in tow.

Zjaum wrote:"Oh, woe to the gallant! They have been ripped from their proper roles as gentlemen, and cast aside as dogs!" announced the knight. "In a world such as this, is honor even worth the attempt?"
The new prisoners listened at the edge of their seats for this slice of poetry. The old prisoners groaned at the start of an hourly rant. Pedro, similarly tired but ever-faithful, was playing what passed for inspirational music, or at least as inspirational as it could be from a harmonica. He had been making good use of his time whittling away at what seemed to be a flaw in the plaster walls. Still, playing the harmonica was a useful point of leisure.
"Forsooth, the days of knights riding through the land have gone over the hills with the conquistadors of old."
"If I may, sir," said a new prisoner. Pedro took this moment to continue his whittling. "How are you so good at words?"
"Well, it's a solid mix, disciple," the teacher said. "Practice, proper reading, and, in earnest, raw talent. But, if you work doubly hard, I'm certain that sometime you'll hit something of that likeness."
At that moment, the wall made a large cracking noise. "My dear Pedro, what did you manage to find?"
Pedro glared at his master with a rare but deathly glare as the plaster crumbled over to reveal a bright, man-sized opening.
The Coyote nodded. "Ah, right, I'll keep quiet, then."
Pedro hissed. "No, then they'll get even more suspicious, because you never keep silent!"
"Um... Yes... You are right! Why, the weather today is most hot and dry-"
"We don't have a window to the outside in our cell!"
"-back when I was a boy! I prayed and prayed for precipitation, as how it generally falls in the pampas of native España. I was overjoyed when God at last granted me my wish! It was a great bounty of water, all warm and sticky, like rain should be! Not like normal rain, that's cool and refreshing. No! Sticky will always be my preference! I-"
The cellmates in Donald's cell had all escaped, and he had only just noticed. He promptly followed suit. Sun. Hot scorching sun. He laughed and slapped Pedro on his back. "Well done, my faithful squire!"
"No problemo, Don Donald! What do you plan to do now?"
"Now? Ha ha ..." sounded de la Rancha. "We plot our revenge."

Barapam wrote:"Hmm... Now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry... Come along, Mr. Alive!" Blondie turned around and pulled the tied-up Yang with her, only to immediately turn on the heel and point an accusing finger at Buckaroo Bunjin. "Hey, wait a minute! I wasn't talking about food! You're just trying to keep your twin brother from being arrested too! I'm not falling for that! Now where's my reward, and who's the boss here when the sheriff's not around?" She looked the other patrons over, but she saw no star. She assumed they were all coppers in plainclothes though.

Yang on the other hand, saw his chance to get both a dinner date and a release. "Actually, why don't we go to the saloon? Clearly they've already caught the right guy, I mean I'm completely innocent! Didn't I tell you that?" he said, completely forgetting that he had been too lovestruck to speak even a few seconds ago. Yang couldn't believe his eyes either, but even if it was just a trick with mirrors and ventriloquists (although why they would put on such a show was beyond him) he would use it to the max.

Blondie pondered his suggestion while she waited for the policemen, and the policewoman (as she thought they were), to act. Then she noticed a pebble on the floor and bent down to pick it up.

"Ooooh! A jailhouse rock! Shiny!"

Buck spoke up, "Look, ma'am, there really isn't a real boss here when Sheriff Norder's out. Sorry 'bout that. And don't ask me how long it's gonna take fer him to get back. As fer this feller, I ain't never seen 'im buh-fore in my life. He ain't my twin though."

He noticed her pick up the jailhouse rock, and then spotted a half eaten dinner roll sittin' on the sheriff's desk. So he piped up and pointing at what he named, said, "Ooh! A rock an' a roll. Hootchie coo!"

The saloon
Beaux Lagged

Voxija wrote:Sarah Stein

Sarah Stein, of course, knew about dealing a deal with spit. But it was still perturbing. It was kind of disgusting, and she'd heard that it could spread diseases. But Sarah had left her ladylike qualms back in South Carolina. She spat into her hand and shook hands with Beaux Lagged.

"The business deal is set," said Stein. And a couple of bills for me. Sarah Stein wondered if she should have gone for twenty percent. No matter now. This was still a good deal, and hopefully the beginning of a long-lasting business partnership.

Beaux smiled. He had a place to sell his hides, without having to apply for the town license of opening up a business in town! It was a dream come true, a dream no doubt that would have been better with some coffee and cream, but that could come in time. It was a sacred pact. The spit in both of their hands sealed the deal for a lifelong partnership of selling alcohol and hides together.

To Sarah, Beaux simply smiled and said, "Yieu mey get yieur fieurst pieurcentage soon enough!" And then Beaux looked at the markpotential new customer who liked French and might even be able to scrape enough to rent one.

Louisianan wrote:Ozane was glad to hear the french sound, the slickness of the words as they came off of the tongue of this fur salesman,

"Hmm..." Ozane thought for a moment, having nothing but a bucket of pennies and a tree to sleep under, he was broke, BUT there were a good many people around this town, meaning a lot of horses, a lot of wagons. There probably was also room for an accordion player but hey, you never know.

"Eh bien, voyons ici, je suis un homme de haute qualité, vous voyez, j'ai besoin des meilleures fourrures, je voudrais voir un échantillon un jour, les plus belles fourrures de gnou, de castor et de coyote seraient acceptables." Ozane spoke with the deepest of confidence as he turned back to the bar and sipped his rattlesnake juice,
"I'll pay ya, oh wait! Je vous paierai le montant que je pense que valent les fourrures."

When the French fur trapper heard Ozane's desire to see the best of his furs and hides, he got a little wary. The man looked a little down on his luck. And as for paying whatever he thought the hides were worth? Well, a sale is a sale. But, Beaux could always barter.

He spread his hides and showed a number of different hides, tied to a string that a straight line across the back side of his front leather hide. There were marmots, a beaver, a couple of rabbits, and even a coyote. (but sorry, the papoose it normally used for carrying kids across borders was left elsewhere.)

Beaux flashed a toothy grin with a good number of teeth missing, and said, "Do you like any of zeze?"

And to the other who was there at the bar, this Cliff Norwood. Beaux thought to himself, "Ze dude ranchehr lukes lahk a lady!" But since money was money and money talks, Beaux asked Cliff, "And yieu. Do yieu want to buy ze hahdes tieu?"

Town Hall
Mayor Jeremiah Slick

The mayor had gone to church that Sunday morning like he always had. It was one of the best political appearances he made all week. So it was his regular routine on a Sunday morning, even though one would be hard pressed to find out if he had actually listened to a sermon in his life at all. Still, he had a disarming smile and a down-home appeal that fools most people seemed to trust.

But now he was down to business. He and his two associates were behind closed doors, peering at a map of the county. The two men standing with him barely stuffed all of their oversized muscular frames into their suits. They were the perfect colleagues that the mayor required. Strong, dumb and loyal. Friends of his they were not. Both of them came connected with several Italian families of questionable reputation and had proven loyal. There was Guido, and next to him, Lefty, and between the two of them combined they boasted of two and a half years of public schooling. Their talents lay in different areas, such as, making the mayor's will known to stubborn farmers, know-it-all postmasters, or anyone in their way. And all that without having to compose speeches or be fleet of tongue. The perfect associates indeed.

The map had push pins listed on the nearby river, that had such a large hodgepodge of a name it was a wonder that mapmakers continued to list it. The Rio Talamanowatarastickaforkaintheliver River was too long for anyone to remember, so it had been made into a nice sign that stay by the river at various places. People just called it, "Old Stinky" and that seemed to work.

Mayor Slick cleared his voice. "So, then, you guys said that the gold that came into town yesterday on those wagons has been basically unguarded all this time? Great. Go, get some of the bars, and then take them down to the river. Shave some of the gold off with your knives. Put some mud and water on the shavings. And then, we can announce to the whole city that you found gold in the river right outside East Zilch! And that's the honest truth! We're just not going to tell them that you also put the gold into the river first before you found it there and took it out. They don't need to be bothered by that. But what this will do is make East Zilch grow with all kinds of people looking for gold. And that's where we can get to the next phase of this plan! We'll make a fortune!

Reigning in his megalomania for just a bit, the mayor spoke again and said, "And remember, you need to find someone to blame it on. I don't care who. Just pick someone. And then, if you can steal the rest of the gold later and blame it on that same person, so much the better!" And then he began to laugh maniacally.

Guido and Lefty just stood there, looking like they'd rather be out breaking someone's legs.

When they left, Mayor Slick noticed a citizen actually waiting in the waiting room to talk to him! Two citizens, but the one was asleep and he may just have thought his tax dollars allowed him to do that. The mayor made a mental note to himself to find out who the sleeper was and to find some way to destroy his life so he'd learn a lesson and never try to sleep in his town hall again. But first things first.

Stollberg-Stolberg wrote:Sigmund von Schoppen
East Zilch, Waiting Room Town Hall.

Inside of the Birch coloured Wooden Room, Sigmund von Schoppen sat on one of the more "luxurious" Chairs, which literally was an Ottoman. With his old age, and with the Mayor still not accepting him into his Office, the backpain grew exponentially. After all the Ottoman was still not an good place to sit for an long time, and that he wasn´t let into the Office was suprising too, because he had an good- wait no great- no better, perfect plan to modernise East Zilch. First he wanted to mention the mineral deposits near Town, even though he couldn´t find any Gold Copper and Tin were still worth something; Secondly he wanted to present his concept to pave the Roads of East Zilch and the third Pleasing was to build an Telegraph-Office, since he didn´t trust the shady Postmaster´s of the Town. 25 Minutes had passed before he started to speak to an sleeping Guy.

"Well I haven´t seen you around Town., are you new her? Do you want migration Papers, or do you want to present an modernisation concept?"

The only thing he got from the Man who was asleep was an loud snore.

"Interesting, well I´ll be waiting then until, hopefully, the Mayor will let me in."

Putting on his best politician's smile, Mayor Slick welcomed in the professorial citizen. Sigmund von Schoppen, that was the man's name. And he said, "Good afternoon. How can your humble civil servant be of help to you today?"

But inwardly, the mayor was still thinking about his plan to create a fake gold rush and move to the next phase of his plan.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:52 pm

Voxija wrote:East Zilch Saloon
Sarah Stein

Sarah Stein smirked (alliteration!). This man, and Sarah was sure this time, didn't look like he'd drunk beer before. Maybe really awful moonshine. But not good beer. Beer Sarah was just a normal beer, but who knew what kind of a reaction it could have on a man who'd only drunk bad moonshine. Sarah Stein smiled (alliteration! Agin!). She was gonna like this.

The saloon owner picked up a bottle of Beer Sarah from her shelf and poured it with the adroitness of someone who knew she had the fastest pour in the West. "Here you go, Cliff. I'm sure you know how to drink it. Why, I'm sure you've had lots of beer before!"

East Zilch Saloon
Cliff Northwood (Clara Everglow)

The bartender's assessment was right - to the misfortune of Cliff. His only interactions with beer had been as a spectator, whether it was watching his father drinking a conservative amount in the evenings with his colleagues or in the stories he had read of rugged outlaws with a lead-lined liver who, to reaffirm their constitutions, would compete in drinking contests with expertise and gusto. Surely, alcohol couldn't be that bad, right?

After Sarah offers him the Beer Sarah, Cliff could not help but peer ponderously at the amber liquid curiously. He had never seen a carbonated drink up close and its nearly endless streams of bubbles rising up to the surface. "It can't be that bad," he says to himself jovially. He raises the crystal glass and takes in a large swig. But his eyes soon redden as a searing pain burns throughout his neck. It was as though the alcohol were burning the linings of his throat. Setting down the glass, the not-so-daring cowboy breaks down into a coughing fit. But between hacks, coughs, and gasps for air, he manages a hearty, "That wasn't bad at all! That's quite a nice brew you've fixed up, miss. Rather tame for a beer though." He even takes another swig which sends him further into a coughing fit. "Excuse me. I just have a condition." His coughs are so forceful that even one half of his horsehair mustache falls off. He promptly reapplies his mustache on what little adhesive remained on his lip. "A very severe condition."

Talchyon wrote:The saloon
Beaux Lagged

Beaux flashed a toothy grin with a good number of teeth missing, and said, "Do you like any of zeze?"

And to the other who was there at the bar, this Cliff Norwood. Beaux thought to himself, "Ze dude ranchehr lukes lahk a lady!" But since money was money and money talks, Beaux asked Cliff, "And yieu. Do yieu want to buy ze hahdes tieu?"

East Zilch Saloon
Cliff Northwood (Clara Everglow)

"Interesting accent you got there! Sorry sir, but I don't have much money on me," Northwood said between many, many more coughs. "I don't suppose you sell 'ze hahdes' for cheap, eh?"
Last edited by Daves Computer on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stollberg-Stolberg
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Stollberg-Stolberg » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Talchyon wrote:Town Hall
Mayor Jeremiah Slick

Mayor Slick noticed a citizen actually waiting in the waiting room to talk to him! Two citizens, but the one was asleep and he may just have thought his tax dollars allowed him to do that. The mayor made a mental note to himself to find out who the sleeper was and to find some way to destroy his life so he'd learn a lesson and never try to sleep in his town hall again. But first things first.

Putting on his best politician's smile, Mayor Slick welcomed in the professorial citizen. Sigmund von Schoppen, that was the man's name. And he said, "Good afternoon. How can your humble civil servant be of help to you today?"

But inwardly, the mayor was still thinking about his plan to create a fake gold rush and move to the next phase of his plan.

Noticing that the Mayor was calling him into his room, Sigmund stood up and walked into his office, it was beautiful, to say the least. He sat down at the Table on which laid some maps of the Rio Talamananowatar... River, it was too long for him to remember so he just called it River Blank, what he saw on the map were marked Areas were labeled with Gold even though he could only laugh at those things because he studied the Minerals around here. But he was here for a certain thing and he was going to speak about them.

"Guten Tag, I would like to speak with you about the modernization of East Zilch. The first suggestion would be to get a connection to the Telegraph-Line, I heard that the Government wants to build a Telegraph Line from Austin to El Paso and that would mean that our Dear East Zilch would be right on its Path. This means that we would need a Telegraph Office which would be a fine addition to the Communication of this Frontier Town. Something which would loosen me from the Postal System. Secondly the Roads here must be paved, it is wonderful for Infrastructural Development and more Economic Advancement. Maybe this Town will even grow to larger Numbers than we could imagine! and since the ground is sandy it works perfectly with Cobblestone's..."

He started to sweat since he now came to the part of Finances. It is tricky to talk about them but he would try his best...

"Erhm.... now to the Idea of Financing all of this is to use the Copper and Tin Ores which I have discovered due to my long 5 day lasting research, they would be just enough to pave the Roads and to build the Telegraph Office, but the Telegraph Office should be build later since our US of A isn´t sure about this Line as rumors have it. Well, I need to go now because of a field study to Copper Ore´s around East Zilch and I need to finish my book about them."

With this line he stood up and said- "If you need me to clarify more things you can always call me into the Town Hall." -and left.
Last edited by Stollberg-Stolberg on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Human from the lesser known Erzgebirge with interests in all things Mountanous, Birds and Stuff from the SCP-Foundation.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:13 pm

OOC NOTE: Will edit or redact post if necessary.
John Joseph Jones

Voxija wrote:Doc Festy was perturbed by this man. First he railed against Festy, sayin' that only Jones could heal injuries. Well, at least Jones was a man of God, although not in the way Doc liked. And then he tried to punch... the wagon? At least he didn't punch Festy. Or hurt the wagon.

Joe Jones or whatever his name was then did a complete volte-vis, askin' for one of Doc Festy's home remedies. Eh, the prideful will fall.

Doc Festy wasn't one to pass up a customer. He also wasn't very bright. "Now see here Mr. Jones the—I ain't sayin' all those titles—I have just the thing for you." Doc reached into the back of his wagon—nothing in there damaged thank God not Jones—and pulled out an ugly brown poultice.

"There here ugly brown poultice is just what you need. Just squeeze it on your hand, and in maybe half an hour it'll be all healed." Doc Festy thought that poultice didn't do anything. Actually, it made the poor victim's hand feel like a bee sting after half an hour. John Joseph Jones was in for a real treat.

Looking for a treatment for his (self-inflicted) ailment, Jones was open to the ugly brown poultice that Festy had offered up. Still suspicious of the 'medicine man' and his treatments however, Jones inspected the poultice offered up to him. Bringing his nostrils in to smell the concoction...

"My, that actually smells somewhat decent. I'll be applyin' this.. poultice now then," said Jones as he lathered some of the brown stuff onto the ailing arm. "I must consult the Lord on your goodness, considering that you're still in the lot of healers-that-ain't-me. Until then, I must depart!" said the man. Making good on his word, Jones left the scene with haste, strolling down the Texas landscape until the arrived once more at East Zilch.

Main Street

Having returned to the heart of town after a somewhat 'messy' encounter with a 'doctor,' Jones returned to his regular routine of declaring heretics and aspostates and attempting to win converts one way or another. Despite the town's small size, Main Street held up a somewhat lively facade, bearing host to several individuals at any given day. At least, several more individuals than what you'd usually encounter on average in the Texas dryland beyond.

"Are you interested in hearing about the one true Lord John Joseph Jones?" said Jone Joseph Jones to a passers-by. "Oh come on, it'll only be for a minute! The gospel of John Joseph Jones is quite a short one>" said John Joseph Jones as the same passers-by made haste in their walk through Main Street. "Gosh-dang-nabbit! Another one of those ignorant folk. Father Me, give me strength over these absolute buffoons," he mutters.

"Give me the will to trudge through the swamps of their ignorance and reach their hearts and minds, to carry the True Word that perilous distance, to take an implement and carve a hole straight through their mile-thick skulls! Give me that power, Me, give me that...power....What's that burning sensation?"

Billy's Place
Billy the Kid

As the scheming and also aging crook mulled over a work-in-progress plan, his pet goat began running around in circles. Billy merely shrugged. "Classic Jimmy," he simply says before returning to his work. "Soo.. we've got the two men of the law, one of which got scary close to uncoverin' my whole plot. This heist will have to take place at an odd hour when they're not on duty, but they're on duty for every hour on the clock!"

Billy's gaze turns to a cracked impression on the wall just right of where the clock is. "Unless... no. They've probably got that hour covered too... Need something more reliable, a way to subdue 'em and any other would-be do-gooders regardless of the time of....day." Billy's gaze turns once more, this time to the outside of his house. He marches up to a window and peers as best he can into the outdoors. "Where in tarnation is that sound comin' from? Is Buck-Cannon sendin' bird soldiers 'gainst me at last!? Because I don't recall anythin' that makes such a loud screamin' noise in town. Better hunker down just in case. Jimmy, we should be a 'lil more quiet for now. Stop that runnin' in circles."

East Zilch Saloon
John Joseph Jones

A face red with rage (and also some serious pain) stomped their way towards the establishment. Upon being greeted by its doors, the man bust through with immense force.... despite the fact that it was open hours for the saloon, and those doors were mighty easy to swing through. He made quite the scene at the entrance, raising up a red, throbbing hand and making out a pained finger.. only to gesture it accusingly in the crowd's direction.

"Now, within my sights are.. the bottle-bearin' heretic Sarah Stein, some.. skinny cowboy the likes of which violate the laws of nature, Beaux Lagged the French skinner, and his brother, the horse-lifter. Now, which one of 'ya sick dirtbag servants of the Devil did this to my trusted appendage?" Jones gestured his good hand to the throbbing one, and pointed to it like a schoolmarm does with a blackboard.

"I know, I know just one of 'ya did it!" Jones wandered around the the saloon, eyeing each patron he neared with serious suspicion. His eyes squinted at each with rage.. and then he promptly ran into one of those wooden structural columns, because when you're eyes are squinting that much, you're practically blind. After recovering from his impact, Jones strutted back to the center of the saloon and said it once again. "Which. One. Of. You."
NS stats are not used.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:OOC NOTE: Will edit or redact post if necessary.
East Zilch Saloon
John Joseph Jones

A face red with rage (and also some serious pain) stomped their way towards the establishment. Upon being greeted by its doors, the man bust through with immense force.... despite the fact that it was open hours for the saloon, and those doors were mighty easy to swing through. He made quite the scene at the entrance, raising up a red, throbbing hand and making out a pained finger.. only to gesture it accusingly in the crowd's direction.

"Now, within my sights are.. the bottle-bearin' heretic Sarah Stein, some.. skinny cowboy the likes of which violate the laws of nature, Beaux Lagged the French skinner, and his brother, the horse-lifter. Now, which one of 'ya sick dirtbag servants of the Devil did this to my trusted appendage?" Jones gestured his good hand to the throbbing one, and pointed to it like a schoolmarm does with a blackboard.

"I know, I know just one of 'ya did it!" Jones wandered around the the saloon, eyeing each patron he neared with serious suspicion. His eyes squinted at each with rage.. and then he promptly ran into one of those wooden structural columns, because when you're eyes are squinting that much, you're practically blind. After recovering from his impact, Jones strutted back to the center of the saloon and said it once again. "Which. One. Of. You."

Ozane Gaspard's eyes did a twinkle, he did a little hop and strutted over to the Strange man as he placed his "preachers tag" in his collar.
"Good morning, I'm Ozane Gaspard, part wanderer, part accordion player, part preacher. Wonderful to make you're acquaintance!" Ozane reached to shake the mans hand, but after noticing the throbbing arm he reached the other hand out, "We are no heretics good sir, but instead we be, I mean, we are, the wondaful citizens of this Zilchy town!"

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Louisianan wrote:Ozane was glad to hear the french sound, the slickness of the words as they came off of the tongue of this fur salesman,

"Hmm..." Ozane thought for a moment, having nothing but a bucket of pennies and a tree to sleep under, he was broke, BUT there were a good many people around this town, meaning a lot of horses, a lot of wagons. There probably was also room for an accordion player but hey, you never know.

"Eh bien, voyons ici, je suis un homme de haute qualité, vous voyez, j'ai besoin des meilleures fourrures, je voudrais voir un échantillon un jour, les plus belles fourrures de gnou, de castor et de coyote seraient acceptables." Ozane spoke with the deepest of confidence as he turned back to the bar and sipped his rattlesnake juice,
"I'll pay ya, oh wait! Je vous paierai le montant que je pense que valent les fourrures."

When the French fur trapper heard Ozane's desire to see the best of his furs and hides, he got a little wary. The man looked a little down on his luck. And as for paying whatever he thought the hides were worth? Well, a sale is a sale. But, Beaux could always barter.

He spread his hides and showed a number of different hides, tied to a string that a straight line across the back side of his front leather hide. There were marmots, a beaver, a couple of rabbits, and even a coyote. (but sorry, the papoose it normally used for carrying kids across borders was left elsewhere.)

Ozane smiled at the sight of the beaver and rabbit pelt, "Very nice, very nice. You see," Ozane began to whisper, his eyes twinkled, he did a little skip and had an idea, "I have a old french cousin who settled neer these parts long ago, he put his treasure....his treasures in what is now, The Nowatatalmana.... Whatever the hell the river's called. I plan on getting dat treasure and buying all of you furs, investing in it, and send you to places like da New York and Florida, to make you furs known everywhere!"

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:04 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:A face red with rage (and also some serious pain) stomped their way towards the establishment. Upon being greeted by its doors, the man bust through with immense force.... despite the fact that it was open hours for the saloon, and those doors were mighty easy to swing through. He made quite the scene at the entrance, raising up a red, throbbing hand and making out a pained finger.. only to gesture it accusingly in the crowd's direction.

Joe Joseph Jones may have been Sarah Stein's worst enemy, if she didn't laugh at him so much. Sarah'd seen a lot of kooks before, in the history books, in the South. Sarah Stein would prefer to hold onto what little religion she had left thank you very much. If Stein hadn't converted to Christianity in all the five years she'd been in East Zilch, she was never gonna convert to Jones's
Jonesism. Seriously, a faith that claimed her profession was heretical?! Sinful, she could understand. But heretical?!

Jones was complaining about a bad hand, it seemed. Sarah Stein wished she'd a done that to his hand. But—Stein racked her memory—she didn't. Not even when she'd first met him. Knocked him upside the head with a whisky bottle, she did. But not on his hand.

"I'm sorry," Stein said to Jones. If she really was going to be a proper rival to Jones, her name should've been Smith. "I would've loved to break your hand, but I didn't. If your quack faith didn't forbid it, I could've poured you a nice drink to make you forget your pains. What a shame."

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:45 am

East Zilch Saloon

Cliff Northwood, while caught in an embarrassing bout of coughing, couldn't help but squeeze in a couple of chuckles. The red-in-the-face cowboy barging in with a hurt finger followed by Sarah Stein's snarky rebuttals made for quite some entertainment - and took attention away from his coughing fit.

"You're seriously causing a scene because of a wee paper cut?" Northwood cuts in snidely. "What a child!" he adds with a snicker. It was perhaps the first time Northwood had ever butted into an argument or spoke badly of someone. Goodness, he felt as bold as those cowboys must have been in his books, cussing whenever they pleased and never hesitating to tell another person how they felt! He turns back to his drink with a smirk on his face, finding it easier to down the rest of his beer - with slight pauses and coughing here and there.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:00 am

Joe "Blackeye" Trapmann stumbled out of the saloon, bleary eyed and containing more alcohol than a keg. He nearly bumped in to Billy with the Kid(Whom he didn't know of). He saw the goat, and figured it to be a figment of his beer-addled imagination. He saw the collection of the Sherriff and the Fells Cargo men, they looked to be discussing business while Mrs. von Stoot was indignantly screeching at them about some holy day or something. It seemed that woman was always screeching about something, then again, Trapmann was only in town on Sundays for the most part.

As the Fells Cargo men retreated under the assault of Mrs. von Stoot's screeching, Trapmann approached them.

"Well top of the mornin' to ya gentleman. Mayhaps y'all be lookin' for some hired help?" Trapmann said, trying to keep the obvious inebriation out of his voice. He fully intended to rob them when they got out of town.
Last edited by Bolslania on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:02 pm

East Zilch, Main Street
Tater Frye

Being settlers in the Old West, the people of East Zilch took it as their solemn duty to bear the conditions of their area to build a thriving civilization in what had been a wasteland. That's why they didn't complain when bad things happened. They had had to get used to a few things in that area that took living there to realize. Like how it got hotter than a desert sun some days in the summer. Or how the mosquitoes liked to bite when it was wet. Or how every now and then, the wildlife got a little restless and stampeded their way through town.

Like now. A herd of stampeding buffalo had gotten agitated (at Easterners trying to find where their chicken wings were located), and were running through town, trampling everyone to death who got in the way! Like, sadly, the French doctor Matthieu de Travaux; the old coot prospector John Westwood; the ruffian miscreant Juan Swayne; the Irish Indian Pale Potato; the Saxon carpenter Johan Zimmerman; the part-time clown Djingles; the new schoolmarm Charlotte Ettolrahc; the Chinese immigrant Philip "Pip" le Redpan; and even the U.S. marshall, Troy Eichmann!

Tater Frye had been deep in thought, and was startled to see the stampeding buffalo run through town, trampling to death the above mentioned individuals. He ran out, tried to see if anyone had survived the catastrophe! But no. They were all 'goners.

Tater slumped his way into the saloon. "Hey, Miss Sarah." He breathed heavily, and then said, "Them folks should have known to get out of the way. It was the stampeding buffalo came through again. Looks like they killed about 10 people or so. Miss Sarah, I need a drink. Sasparilla er somethin'."

Mayor's Office
Mayor Slick

Stollberg-Stolberg wrote:
Noticing that the Mayor was calling him into his room, Sigmund stood up and walked into his office, it was beautiful, to say the least. He sat down at the Table on which laid some maps of the Rio Talamananowatar... River, it was too long for him to remember so he just called it River Blank, what he saw on the map were marked Areas were labeled with Gold even though he could only laugh at those things because he studied the Minerals around here. But he was here for a certain thing and he was going to speak about them.

"Guten Tag, I would like to speak with you about the modernization of East Zilch. The first suggestion would be to get a connection to the Telegraph-Line, I heard that the Government wants to build a Telegraph Line from Austin to El Paso and that would mean that our Dear East Zilch would be right on its Path. This means that we would need a Telegraph Office which would be a fine addition to the Communication of this Frontier Town. Something which would loosen me from the Postal System. Secondly the Roads here must be paved, it is wonderful for Infrastructural Development and more Economic Advancement. Maybe this Town will even grow to larger Numbers than we could imagine! and since the ground is sandy it works perfectly with Cobblestone's..."

He started to sweat since he now came to the part of Finances. It is tricky to talk about them but he would try his best...

"Erhm.... now to the Idea of Financing all of this is to use the Copper and Tin Ores which I have discovered due to my long 5 day lasting research, they would be just enough to pave the Roads and to build the Telegraph Office, but the Telegraph Office should be build later since our US of A isn´t sure about this Line as rumors have it. Well, I need to go now because of a field study to Copper Ore´s around East Zilch and I need to finish my book about them."

With this line he stood up and said- "If you need me to clarify more things you can always call me into the Town Hall." -and left.

The mayor stared in astonishment at that detailed interaction and the quick exit that the geologist had given him. What was that all about? Now, it wasn't to say that all of them were bad ideas. Having a telegraph line would be handy to get the news out quickly. News of the gold they were soon to "discover," for example. A telegraph would have made getting the news out a lot more convenient than the letters he had written and sent weeks ago, already saying prospectors had found gold in the river. They should have gotten the mail some time ago, and would be sending out waves of people any time now... But definitely, a telegraph would have expedited the process.

As for the other things the scholar was saying, the mayor filed it in his mind's circular file. Having a geologist here would complicate things, if he tried to convince people that the gold hadn't been found in the river. Which, he'd be right. It was all staged. But, no one could know that. They'd have to plant some gold. And maybe find a way to occupy the geologist. Perhaps setting him as the chief construction expert on paving the road he had mentioned? (Why they needed a paved road was beyond him, but it might keep the brainiac busy).

Just then, the sound of thousands of stampeding buffalo feet rumbling through the town shook the building. Scowling, the mayor looked out the window at the frightened herd, and just shook his head. "That's the fifth time this year! We should give licenses to people to hunt buffalo. No, even better. We should sell licenses so people could hunt buffalo." He added that to the growing list of mental notes he kept track of to look into sometime in the near future.

Meanwhile, his two Italian associates, Guido and Lefty, should have swiped some of the gold by now...

Behind the sheriff's office
The Fells Cargo men

After leaving the company of the postmistress who wanted to tongue-lash them for working on the Sabbath day, the Fells Cargo men shook off any remorse and set out to make contracts in the forms of offering a deal and giving a handshake to any of the townspeople who wanted to help them guard the gold. Such as this one who was a little unsteady on his feet and whose breath was flammable due to the excess amount of liquor he had had recently...

Bolslania wrote:Joe "Blackeye" Trapmann stumbled out of the saloon, bleary eyed and containing more alcohol than a keg. He nearly bumped in to Billy with the Kid(Whom he didn't know of). He saw the goat, and figured it to be a figment of his beer-addled imagination. He saw the collection of the Sherriff and the Wells Fargo men, they looked to be discussing business while Mrs. von Stoot was indignantly screeching at them about some holy day or something. It seemed that woman was always screeching about something, then again, Trapmann was only in town on Sundays for the most part.

As the Wells Fargo men retreated under the assault of Mrs. von Stoot's screeching, Trapmann approached them.

"Well top of the mornin' to ya gentleman. Mayhaps y'all be lookin' for some hired help?" Trapmann said, trying to keep the obvious inebriation out of his voice. He fully intended to rob them when they got out of town.

As the drunk slurred his words, the Fells Cargo men glanced at each other, and then grinned. "Sure thing, pal. We'll pay you, too." (A few pennies wouldn't hurt their pocketbook, and besides, having this drunk on guard duty could give them some passing amusement too).

Among the other townspeople who had agreed to guard duty jobs watching over the Fells Cargo wagons that were carrying the 50 bars of Fort Knox gold, were two large, swarthy, quiet Italian men. They hadn't said their names, preferring to sign a document with an X each. And while others were being hired, the two Italian men made sure to "inspect" some of the wagons. And, as you might have guessed, they were also really intelligent engineers, who had figured a way to make the wagons carrying gold bars weigh less. It simply involved taking a bar. The one put it in the band of his pants, and his large, flowy poncho hid that it was there...

What was even better, was that they hadn't been seen by any human eye!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Talchyon wrote:[b]
As the drunk slurred his words, the Fells Cargo men glanced at each other, and then grinned. "Sure thing, pal. We'll pay you, too." (A few pennies wouldn't hurt their pocketbook, and besides, having this drunk on guard duty could give them some passing amusement too).

Among the other townspeople who had agreed to guard duty jobs watching over the Fells Cargo wagons that were carrying the 50 bars of Fort Knox gold, were two large, swarthy, quiet Italian men. They hadn't said their names, preferring to sign a document with an X each. And while others were being hired, the two Italian men made sure to "inspect" some of the wagons. And, as you might have guessed, they were also really intelligent engineers, who had figured a way to make the wagons carrying gold bars weigh less. It simply involved taking a bar. The one put it in the band of his pants, and his large, flowy poncho hid that it was there...

What was even better, was that they hadn't been seen by any human eye!

Trapmann grinned at the two men.

"Well thats mighty fine of you gentleman, you can trust me to keep one hell ofa eye on it." Trapmann said, tapping his temple for added effect.

"Ill just grab my gear." He said, continuing to grin. He stumbled over to his horse, vomiting quickly and quietly to get the alcohol out, before grabbing his carbine and revolver from where he had stored them on Bullhorn. From there he made his way over to the wagons, sitting on a barrel with his carbine laying across his legs. He saw the two Italian men, standing suspiciously close to the wagons. He shifted a little closer.

"Well partners, I do reckon that these wagons are a little overburdened, whaddya y'all think?"

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Talchyon wrote:Being settlers in the Old West, the people of East Zilch took it as their solemn duty to bear the conditions of their area to build a thriving civilization in what had been a wasteland. That's why they didn't complain when bad things happened. They had had to get used to a few things in that area that took living there to realize. Like how it got hotter than a desert sun some days in the summer. Or how the mosquitoes liked to bite when it was wet. Or how every now and then, the wildlife got a little restless and stampeded their way through town.

Like now. A herd of stampeding buffalo had gotten agitated (at Easterners trying to find where their chicken wings were located), and were running through town, trampling everyone to death who got in the way! Like, sadly, the French doctor Matthieu de Travaux; the old coot prospector John Westwood; the ruffian miscreant Juan Swayne; the Irish Indian Pale Potato; the Saxon carpenter Johan Zimmerman; the part-time clown Djingles; the new schoolmarm Charlotte Ettolrahc; the Chinese immigrant Philip "Pip" le Redpan; and even the U.S. marshall, Troy Eichmann!

Tater Frye had been deep in thought, and was startled to see the stampeding buffalo run through town, trampling to death the above mentioned individuals. He ran out, tried to see if anyone had survived the catastrophe! But no. They were all 'goners.

Tater slumped his way into the saloon. "Hey, Miss Sarah." He breathed heavily, and then said, "Them folks should have known to get out of the way. It was the stampeding buffalo came through again. Looks like they killed about 10 people or so. Miss Sarah, I need a drink. Sasparilla er somethin'."

Sarah Stein was too horrified at the tragedy to object to pouring sarsaparilla. She poured a glass of sas as fas as she could, and then slammed it down in front of Tater Frye. "Why, that's so sad!" Her accent came in, as it always did when she was distraught. "Why, I just served some of those people a couple of days ago!" But it did seem like months since she last saw 'em.

Sarah turned to the side while Tater drank his sarsaparilla. "Those buffalo! They stampede through the town, killin' everyone who didn't come into my saloon. Only they did come into the saloon." Sarah kind of wanted to see the corpses, but she had a job to do right here. Serve the drinks, stay stoic when people die basically in front of her.

Doc Festy was sittin' between those two trees, wonderin' what that Jones feller thought about his poultice, when he herd a heard of buffalo stampede. Festy kept out of the way until he heard that the herd was gone. Doc looked where the buffalo were and saw a bunch of dead bodies.

"Durn," muttered Festy, and then he began to feel guilty for swearing on the Lord's Day. Doc wondered if he could make a shoddy elixir and claim it'd bring back the stampeded dead.

"No!" objected Doc's thoughts. That was blasphemy, and he didn't need any more blasphemy on his record. Only Gawd could raise the dead, and claiming to do so was blasphemy. But... Doc couldn't actually raise the dead. He knew that. He was just going to say he would, to get money. That wasn't blasphemy. After all, G-d helps those who help themselves.

With his spiritual dilemma solved, Doc gathered up random herbs and mixed them into an elixir that smelled terrible. This was Doc Festy's Patented Newest Miracle ElixirTM, Guaranteed to Cure All, Up To and Including Death!!1! Once he'd made enough of them, he'd march down inta East Zilch advertising them. Surely there'd be someone who wants his relatives or friends raised from the dead.

Speyland
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Speyland » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Shi Xun (荀石)

Shi has finally arrived in East Zilch, Texas, a small town that is quite out of place for a foreigner like her wandering in a place like this. A rolling tumbleweed appeared in the middle of the road, signifying the emptiness of the town. She hasn't heard anything about this place and little did she know anything about it from other people back in California. The place seems to be uninhabited to her with the sound of how void it was with nobody around but herself. Likewise, she may not be the only one in town and a little touring could do the trick. She wandered around the area, seeking any residents nearby. To her, feeling homesick can make her think over the beautiful memories she experienced back in Taiwan.

Now, she is living in a remote country and her fluency in the English language is enough to speak with the locals comfortably without a hassle. The hot climate is something that she has to be comfortable with and the unfamiliarity of the strange atmosphere is convenient despite how empty the place is. For now, she needs to rest up a little while until someone eventually comes up to greet her. She stood and leaned back on one of the buildings that are close to her area of reach. She closed her eyes for the hot climate to soothe her mentality and body altogether. Patience is all she needs to get around the town quickly and positively.
Last edited by Speyland on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse