NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Theft Horse - (Old West Comedy / Dead / OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your favorite NPC(s)?

Beau Lagged, the French fur-trapper with the outrageous accent
29%
Buckaroo Bunjin
5%
Tater Frye
10%
Mayor Jeremiah Slick
14%
The two Italians, Guido and Lefty
5%
The Fells Cargo men
10%
The silent Indian in the jail
24%
Rev. Borkmann
5%

Total votes : 21

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
GRAND THEFT HORSE application

Name: Abraham Ford 'Devil-Eyed' Booth
Job: Deputy Marshall
-snip-

I like this character and what he brings. At the same time, you may consider changing his job to "deputy sheriff" instead of "deputy marshall." Not sure U.S. marshalls had deputies. There is also a Sheriff in town, a kindly old gentleman named Sheriff Lawson "Law" Norder, an NPC. But if you want to stick with a deputy marshall, that's fine with me too. I don't have any big qualms.

Abraham Ford 'Devil-Eyed' Booth is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Guys, just so you know, I'd like to plan for a time skip in the near future to the next morning at the East Zilch church. I have a great NPC pastor in mind. But I don't want to go until everyone's ready. So if there's something pressing you want your character to do, let me know. Otherwise, let me know you're good to go. I'll probably do the time skip in the next few days or so depending on what people say.

Thanks. I've changed his profession to Deputy Sheriff.

I originally had a scene in mind where he arrives playing a guitar on horseback outside the Mayor's office where the standoff between Karen and Don Coy-ote is happening but I'm also fine waiting until the timeskip to post IC.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 pm

Talchyon wrote:
I like this character and what he brings. At the same time, you may consider changing his job to "deputy sheriff" instead of "deputy marshall." Not sure U.S. marshalls had deputies. There is also a Sheriff in town, a kindly old gentleman named Sheriff Lawson "Law" Norder, an NPC. But if you want to stick with a deputy marshall, that's fine with me too. I don't have any big qualms.

Abraham Ford 'Devil-Eyed' Booth is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Guys, just so you know, I'd like to plan for a time skip in the near future to the next morning at the East Zilch church. I have a great NPC pastor in mind. But I don't want to go until everyone's ready. So if there's something pressing you want your character to do, let me know. Otherwise, let me know you're good to go. I'll probably do the time skip in the next few days or so depending on what people say.

I originally had a scene in mind where he arrives playing a guitar on horseback outside the Mayor's office where the standoff between Karen and Don Coy-ote is happening but I'm also fine waiting until the timeskip to post IC.

There are deputy US Marshals if you wish to be one I wouldn't mind
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:48 pm

I will timeskip sometime tomorrow then. We'll move this baby along.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Talchyon wrote:I will timeskip sometime tomorrow then. We'll move this baby along.

Guys - Sorry. One more day. Today was not a good day for me, and I was not really able to write - especially anything funny. I should be ok tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Ok Guys. Got the TIMESKIP post up. Sorry for the delay.

We are now on the next day, getting done with Sunday morning church. It is the Sabbath, and you'll be frowned on if you work. Please tread cautiously when it comes to speaking about religious matters, since we are not out to either endorse or argue against any one. Whatever your religious views are IRL, keep your IC thoughts fitting to your characters and respectful over all.

One other thing - I'm going to be gone from Sunday through Tuesday and won't have time to respond or write anything until Wednesday. So that means, if any of your characters want to work security for the Fells Cargo wagoneers, you can just assume you're hired and feel free to interact with them and RP for them that they say yes, can tell the details of when their shifts start, that sort of thing. If you interact with Tater, Beaux, Buck, or any of the other NPCs, you'll just have to wait 'til I get back.

-Talc

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm

I hope my new post is funny and appropriate.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Voxija wrote:I hope my new post is funny and appropriate.

Yeah, you were fine, Vox.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:57 pm

I need to post, but RL has been insane.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:20 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I need to post, but RL has been insane.

No worries. RL always comes first. We'll be here when it slows down.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Talchyon wrote:

No worries. RL always comes first. We'll be here when it slows down.

Thanks for understanding.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:44 pm

I know what you mean
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:58 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:

There are deputy US Marshals if you wish to be one I wouldn't mind

It was a tricky choice deciding between Deputy Sheriff or Deputy Marshall but given the scene with Fellers Cargo at the Sheriff's office serving as a potential entry point for posting I've gone with Deputy Sheriff but still look forward to interacting with the Marshall when possible.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:13 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:There are deputy US Marshals if you wish to be one I wouldn't mind

It was a tricky choice deciding between Deputy Sheriff or Deputy Marshall but given the scene with Fellers Cargo at the Sheriff's office serving as a potential entry point for posting I've gone with Deputy Sheriff but still look forward to interacting with the Marshall when possible.

I'm just warning you that Troy ain't an easy man to intimidate

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:06 pm

So, anything occurring at the moment I can jump in on? Time for my lazy ass to finally get with the posting.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:29 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:So, anything occurring at the moment I can jump in on? Time for my lazy ass to finally get with the posting.

We just had a timeskip,Troy just told the deputy sheriff to not to intimidate the Fells Cargo men and Sarah just threaten to cut someone if they ain't careful with their gun.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm

I know what you mean

Yeah, life can be crazy.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Name: Ozane Gaspard
Job: Cow Thief/Farmer and Part Time Preacher
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Skills: Hard Worker, Horseman, French Speaker, Quick Draw Artist, Darn Good Accordion Player

Stuff: Revolver, Accordion, Bottle with his Pinky inside (Lost in a Gunfight), Cup of Tobacco, Can of Beans, Bucket of pennies.

Goals: Meh, I done got ma kids, I lost ma wife, I lost my pappy, I guess dere's one ting, I didn't do, travel the Cuntry.

Bio: Born in 1814, Ozane was the second of fifteen kids, in a Catholic Louisiana household. He had to act out to get attention, he always got slapped by his pappy though. He got married in 1850, had two sons and a daughter, his wife died in 1856. He left his kids with his mother in law and went out to travel the south, by walking, by riding stolen horses, and by riding in buggies paid for by stolen horses.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486428&start=7275.

Leave here: Hang'em
Last edited by Louisianan on Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Kallidrus recommended this RP to me, I finally got the courage to apply XD.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Appearance:

Skills: Hard Worker, Horseman, French Speaker, Quick Draw Artist, Darn Good Accordion Player

Stuff: Revolver, Accordion, Bottle with his Pinky inside (Lost in a Gunfight), Cup of Tobacco, Can of Beans, Bucket of pennies.

Goals: Meh, I done got ma kids, I lost ma wife, I lost my pappy, I guess dere's one ting, I didn't do, travel the Cuntry.

Bio: Born in 1814, Ozane was the second of fifteen kids, in a Catholic Louisiana household. He had to act out to get attention, he always got slapped by his pappy though. He got married in 1850, had two sons and a daughter, his wife died in 1856. He left his kids with his mother in law and went out to travel the south, by walking, by riding stolen horses, and by riding in buggies paid for by stolen horses.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=486428&start=7275.

Hope you do know what people did to cow and horse theives? We hang um.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:04 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Appearance:

Hope you do know what people did to cow and horse theives? We hang um.

I lost a finger so far, not ma life. To hang me, you gotta catch me first.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:36 pm

Louisianan wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Hope you do know what people did to cow and horse theives? We hang um.

I lost a finger so far, not ma life. To hang me, you gotta catch me first.

As US Marshal, I can chase you all over these United States.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:42 pm

Louisianan wrote:I lost a finger so far, not ma life. To hang me, you gotta catch me first.

As US Marshal, I can chase you all over these United States.

We shall see about that, I have to get accepted first.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:07 am

Louisianan wrote:

Appearance:

Interesting character concept. I think I like him. Just be careful that if you are going to do any IC preaching, that it does not actively condone or tear down any IRL religion. Other than that? This could be interesting.

I'm also really glad that your friend Kallidrus is having fun here and recommended you join. It's always fun to RP with friends.

Ozane Gaspard is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Grand Theft Horse!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:37 am

So I just read the rest of the IC that happened while I was gone. Let me say that you guys are hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

How can you tell you have a fun RP going? When the OP has to leave for several days and then comes back to find about 20 or so new posts.

I will get to posting today. Lots to react to though.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:11 am

I'll try to post this weekend. I'm sorry I haven't posted all that much.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse